Endgame (dead/host/non/mod)
No votes

Total votes: 0
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:Are you caught up enough to offer any reads, Glorf?
Funny you should ask, my friend - I was just ISOing you :p. I seem to recall reading a number of suspicions levelled at you so I thought you might be a good place to start.

Back in Ro3K, I remember when you replaced in, I got a pretty strong Town read on you then on the basis of your (initial) posts but as the game went on, it seemed to me that you became less involved and I grew somewhat less convinced of your Town alignment but my intuition proved accurate. Comparing your performance to this game, you seem consistently involved at a level to dispel any concerns in that regard. You questioned Mac's alignment (legitimately in my opinion) and I assume that is where some of the subsequent accusations against you have started.

I liked the fact that you resisted the Scotty push Day 1 and you seemed consistent in your accusations against Elohcin (although I confess your basis for those accusations - her interactions with Neil - seems a little thin to me...). Day 2 you raised concerns about INH's MP eulogy. I don't know if you're onto something here or not - I'll look at INH in greater depth later).

I do like your non-acceptance of the case against Ricochet and am concerned at the heat you received from DrWilgy as a consequence. You expressed concerns about MP and seemed to refocus on Eloh. This is probably the one post of yours that concerns me most:
Sloonei wrote:I still can't tell if Mac is being antagonistic because he's Mac or because he's scum. I laughed at more of his posts than anyone else's, so I'm giving him a town read on that alone.
Everything else aside, I think this is a terrible reason upon which to base a judgement of anyone's innocence.

And back to Elohcin...

From my perspective after having considered your posts and behaviour, I'd be satisfied to place you in my 'Town pile' for the time being. I sense a genuineness in your comments, arguments and conclusions (not saying that I agree with them at all) that gives me some comfort about you in this game.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I appreciate the read, Glorf. I also look forward to your read of INH, if you can get around to it. I am stuck on that case and could use some fresh perspectives on him.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But also is there an actual case against me? I don't think I'm anyone's top suspect and I'm not near the point of frustration, but so far I've not actually seen anyone who suspects me posts anything that I can substantially respond to. Just Mac saying "Sloonei's bad" and things like that. Please, if you have real concerns about me, let me know. I'm my favorite topic of conversation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:I'm still most confident about Elohcin, but I also do not like the way LoRab immediately tried to spin SVS's death into something involving Eloh. It seemed like an unnatural response to me. I'd probably put her back near the top of my suspects list again.
I see where LoRab was coming from and I don't suspect her for it. LoRab's argument seemed to be based on the idea that someone was being framed, though I agree that she might be jumping the gun on that aspect. Even so, since Epignosis' death reflected on Eloh the most in that aspect, I can understand why LoRab would be guided down that road first.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I'm still most confident about Elohcin, but I also do not like the way LoRab immediately tried to spin SVS's death into something involving Eloh. It seemed like an unnatural response to me. I'd probably put her back near the top of my suspects list again.
I see where LoRab was coming from and I don't suspect her for it. LoRab's argument seemed to be based on the idea that someone was being framed, though I agree that she might be jumping the gun on that aspect. Even so, since Epignosis' death reflected on Eloh the most in that aspect, I can understand why LoRab would be guided down that road first.
I suppose I should loosen up on this LoRab theory since everyone else seems to be telling me it's not as much of a stretch as I think it is. It's just that my mind did not go anywhere near "they're framing Elohcin" when I saw SVS was killed, and it was bizarre to see somebody else's mind go there immediately. But that could be my own fault.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
I suppose I should loosen up on this LoRab theory since everyone else seems to be telling me it's not as much of a stretch as I think it is. It's just that my mind did not go anywhere near "they're framing Elohcin" when I saw SVS was killed, and it was bizarre to see somebody else's mind go there immediately. But that could be my own fault.
If your mind isn't going in the same direction as everyone else then by no means should you just retract your suspicion. What else about LoRab do you dislike? Is there anything in particular you do like?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: I'm my favorite topic of conversation.
I'd noticed, my friend... :haha:

At this point, I think I'd be more concerned about your accusers...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
If your mind isn't going in the same direction as everyone else then by no means should you just retract your suspicion. What else about LoRab do you dislike? Is there anything in particular you do like?
This was my main reason for suspecting her. I'm still iffy on her for sure. I might ISO her, but I'm also gonna have one eye on a baseball game for the rest of the night so no promises.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:Well, I've read the past 5-ish pages or so... and that's not much. :puppy: My apologies, the internet in this hotel is pretty good, my brain is just too tired from prepping and traveling to focus much on mafia atm. I'm more at a veg out and fall asleep place. :scared: I do plan on getting more active just as soon as I can. I will not miss votes, but I feel bad about not being informed enough to use my vote to its full potential.

On the plus side, I really enjoyed all the episodes of the Mystery Show podcast that I got listened. That type of show is right up my alley, and it really helps the road time pass by quicker.
You've summed up my feelings post-catch-up and post-writing-like-three-reports-within-one-week :biggrin: We'll slowly but surely get into the swing of things. :doh:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Re: Mad Max: Polls

Post by G-Man »

DAY 2

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

I checked my flash drives and I failed to take a screenshot of the Day 2 poll. Sorry to let you guys down there. I posted a pic of my spreadsheet. If you can figure out from the thread who voted when, good on ya. I will do better next time.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Had a quick look at motel room. I very much like this post.
motel room wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
I do not like the way Dom has asserted that MP is buddying him just because he's shaded in green on his rainbow.
I'm still weirded out by how quickly MP put me as town too, ftr.
This is the case MP made out in his favour:
motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm digging what you're throwing down, motel room.
Im really not throwing down shit but ok
You expressed your overestimation of available time; instead of letting that, and the fact that you are significantly behind in the thread, overwhelm you, you immediately dug into thread content and started providing reads on players and posts, even if few in number and not particularly substantial. I think it looks like you organically are baddie hunting (and mirrors your town game from what I've seen) and it is inspiring enough for me to move you up to a town read. Your behavior over the past half an hour or so is the perfect example, IMO anyway, of how someone a town player can jump into a thread even though he or she is behind and yet still inspire even with little quantity but some solid starting quality.

For those who watched or played MM's Trees game, your thread entry tonight reminds me of Quin 2.0's entry after he subbed in.
I.. ok
As far as I know, this is the first town-read made for motel room. I can see an inference in his response that he's not particularly fond of the case made for him, and reinforced later when he claims that the case was suspicious. I like that he's doubting and scrutinising those early reads, especially because I thought the case was good for Day 1. Ironically it kind of supports what MP said about his baddie hunting being organic.

side note: did I play a trees game? i don't think i did. :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorry for the lesser activity so far today. Luckily (for you, not for me) they gave me shit hours this week so I'll be able to contribute tonight onward.

Who should I vote for? I want people to argue with each other and perhaps me as well about who I should vote for. That would be great.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I need to look over the sprityo case again, I don't even remember why he's suspicious. If I find something compelling then he'll get my vote, if not then I have no idea who to vote for because I have way more civ reads than usual.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm self-voting for now in case I somehow miss the deadline.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I had just put my vote on Elohcin, but in the time between submitting the vote and typing up a post to announce it, I changed my mind and moved it to LoRab. Here's why:
LoRab wrote:Svs strikes me as an off target for a kill. She didn't have a lot of posts (for her). And didn't seem to have any extraordinary opinions that would warrant a kill. She did have some points against mac (particularly that either rico or him was likely mafia) and points against elo. The question is if there is framing going on or if one of them is bad. This definitely makes elo look more suspish in my book. The question I have is if she's being framed; but would mafia use their first two kills in order to frame someone? I'm undecided on that question.
This post set off some red flags right away when LoRab made it, but I've had trouble figuring out why. SVS being killed purely to frame Elohcin is a somewhat plausible theory, sure, but I hardly think it's the most apparent motive for knocking off SVS. So I found it odd that anyone would immediately draw such a conclusion.

This was LoRab's first post after the night kill. It came not too long after G-man's post and it was the first theory anyone offered about the kill. It struck me as a very oddball initial reaction to the nightkill. It's something could plausibly been arrived at, but as a the first read anyone came up with or shared in the thread, it seemed like an unnatural conclusion to me. It ignored too many other possibilities for my liking and focused on one element, and it struck me as a deliberate effort to push Elohcin's name into the forefront without directly applying pressure. Notice the way LoRab waffles at the end, not offering any definitive thoughts on which side of the fence she's on; "I'm undecided on that question." This made it look like a very opportunistic push against a player who was already on the chopping block entering the day. Eloh's lynch was not a sure thing, but, like I said earlier, she's the closest we've got to a consensus, so it would make sense for the mafia to want to push against her to start the day off. This post suddenly looks way too opportunistic to be genuine to be.

Then I was curious, so I looked back through LoRab's post to trace her own suspicion against Elohcin and it amounts to this post:
LoRab wrote:I have a weak ping from Dom for accusing MP of buttering up (I think Sloonei mentioned this before...someone did...I noticed it, as wel) because of his place on a rainbow list. It struck me as paranoid, and I think Dom's game is more paranoid as baddie than it is as civ.

Elo isn't sitting right. I don't have any good reason for this one, really just gut and tone.

Those are the 2 that keep popping up. There are also a bunch of players that I don't know well enough to know how to read their posts, so there are a lot of question marks on my imaginary spreadsheet.
Prior to today, LoRab had expressed nothing but the vaguest possible "scum read" on Elohcin. This looks like an easy hop-on to an easy bandwagon with no real commitment to me. LoRab had mentioned Eloh in a few posts prior to this, but never in such a way that she's offering a read. So she was essentially silent on Eloh entering today, but then her immediate response to a seemingly unconnected nightkill was to come in waving Elohcin's name around like some great big shady figure that needed to be dealt with. I've not been crazy of her responses to my follow up questions today either but it's late and I don't need to get into that.

So my vote's on LoRab.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

In case it's not clear, if I am right about LoRab then I think that makes Elohcin look a lot better. But I can't be certain I'm right about LoRab yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

With the reasoning behind your suspicion of LoRab in mind, what is your current read of Elohcin?

linki - well shit
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I still have no idea why SVS was killed, but I'm leaning with the group that thinks it was most likely because she's just a solid town player period.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:I still have no idea why SVS was killed, but I'm leaning with the group that thinks it was most likely because she's just a solid town player period.
Exactly. She was just a player in the game that everyone was reading as town and who has a reputation as a strong player. She hadn't rocked the boat too much in this game, so killing her is just a safe and sensible move. There's no reason for Elohcin's name to be dragged into it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The most disturbing thing about making that case was that I only had to go back 2 pages to the beginning of the day. This place better come alive tomorrow. I'll actually be here for the deadline this time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My vote is still pretty open. Come talk, make words, do typing.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My vote is still pretty open. Come talk, make words, do typing.
Who is bad?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My vote is still pretty open. Come talk, make words, do typing.
Who is bad?
Most likely baddies I think:

Elohcin
Glorfindel
sprityo
indiglo

Top alternatives:

LoRab
MacDougall
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In an attempt to better organize my thoughts about the game, I have split the 15 living players into three groups purely by post count. I will then make inferences about those groups.

Top five post count, not including me:

MovingPictures07
a2thezebra
Sloonei
MacDougall

If one of these people is bad, I think the most likely is Mac. I would rank the likelihood of the possible number of scum in this tier as follows: 1 = 0 > 2 > 3 > 4

Middle five post count:

insertnamehere
motel room
LoRab
Elohcin
sprityo

This looks like a potential hot bed to me. I've already stated some suspicions of Elohcin and sprityo. I have made a single positive assessment of motel room, but it's not the strongest thing and I wouldn't exonerate him right now. LoRab is a valid enough suspect even if my gut doesn't quite agree right now. INH is about the same thing -- he can be validly cased despite my gut uncertainty.

Same ranking: 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 0

Bottom five post count:

sanmateo / Quin
Dom
DrWilgy
Glorfindel
birdwithteeth11 / indiglo

I have liked Quin a lot since he came aboard. There's not much more he could do to show a pro-town mindset having replaced into a relatively large thread. Dom got off to a great start but has since tapered off. I think he looks like a townie at face value. DrWilgy is a prototype of himself, which is pretty null. Glorfindel has had understandably been unable to keep up with the game consistently; I do think though that he's more suspicious than most others. I'm not sure he's made the most of the opportunities he has had. indiglo hasn't been able to get involved yet, so that remains null.

Same ranking: 2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 0
Mind explaining this ranking system you've got going on, 3J? How did you come up with the rankings in this post? Why do you think a certain number of baddies are more likely in each grouping?
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Who is bad?
Most likely baddies I think:

Elohcin
Glorfindel
sprityo
indiglo

Top alternatives:

LoRab
MacDougall
Could you refresh me on why indiglo, and Mac?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I read Eloh, Glorfindel, and LoRab all as civs.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Mind explaining this ranking system you've got going on, 3J? How did you come up with the rankings in this post? Why do you think a certain number of baddies are more likely in each grouping?
To call it a "system" is probably a misnomer. I split the players into those three groups to get a more isolated look at them in the context of their activity level. Then, based on my own gut reads and my own theories about where in post ranks baddies most often exist, I made educated guesses about how the baddies might be distributed.

Basically, I think there is about an equal likelihood of one or zero baddies among the top four posters other than myself. Of them, I think Mac is the one I could most easily see as a bad guy.

The middle group looks to me like it could be a focal point for their team based both on who's in it and also on where baddies tend to lie in these distributions historically. The bottom group has similar potential, though I think slightly less. With four baddies I think the most likely distributions for top/middle/bottom are 1/2/1 or 0/2/2. It's my own way of organizing my perspective of the game without substantive objective evidence available.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:Could you refresh me on why indiglo, and Mac?
indiglo is the result of process of elimination given the number of town leans I have. By default given the lack of content from that slot, I have no reason to see a townie and that alone is a problem in this climate. I see more potential for manipulation in Mac's content than in most others, particularly his handling of Ricochet (which unlike you and INH hinged upon his literal or feigned failure to read Rico's posts thoroughly). If time permits I can try to do a full ISO to see how I feel beyond that kind of surface-level read.
a2thezebra wrote:I read Eloh, Glorfindel, and LoRab all as civs.
I can understand that. I've experienced some cognitive dissonance about all the suspects I've named. Here's the biggest problem though:

Nearly one third of the current players are bad. Someone who looks town probably isn't. That means that for players who I think have isolated moments of sincerity, it's not enough. I need a body of work. With that said I could perhaps also call MP a suspect, given that I think he has a bunch of little pings and one significantly town-indicative post. I still need him to talk about that ISO I put up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I probably need to give motel room a more thorough look too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also keep forgetting about Wilgy.

Y'all need to get in here and blow me away with your blinding town radiance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Mind explaining this ranking system you've got going on, 3J? How did you come up with the rankings in this post? Why do you think a certain number of baddies are more likely in each grouping?
To call it a "system" is probably a misnomer. I split the players into those three groups to get a more isolated look at them in the context of their activity level. Then, based on my own gut reads and my own theories about where in post ranks baddies most often exist, I made educated guesses about how the baddies might be distributed.

Basically, I think there is about an equal likelihood of one or zero baddies among the top four posters other than myself. Of them, I think Mac is the one I could most easily see as a bad guy.

The middle group looks to me like it could be a focal point for their team based both on who's in it and also on where baddies tend to lie in these distributions historically. The bottom group has similar potential, though I think slightly less. With four baddies I think the most likely distributions for top/middle/bottom are 1/2/1 or 0/2/2. It's my own way of organizing my perspective of the game without substantive objective evidence available.
The 'system' I was referring to was about the numbering, not the split. I got that you'd split the players up based on post count :nicenod:

What do you think about the case I made for motel room?

linki: Talk to me about things, 3J. I'm running on empty already :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:What do you think about the case I made for motel room?
I'm actually doing a quick ISO on him right now. I'll finish before I take a look to prevent bias, and then I'll let you know what I think.
Quin wrote:linki: Talk to me about things, 3J. I'm running on empty already :disappoint:
Of the people who have contributed the most in the thread, who do you think is most likely to be a bad guy?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I'm actually doing a quick ISO on him right now. I'll finish before I take a look to prevent bias, and then I'll let you know what I think.
Quin wrote:linki: Talk to me about things, 3J. I'm running on empty already :disappoint:
Of the people who have contributed the most in the thread, who do you think is most likely to be a bad guy?
If by 'most' you mean out of the five you separated in your own analysis, Sloonei and Mac are the only people who I've yet to find a reason to civ read yet. But I think that's for lack of effort to fully read their posts. I'd rather spend some time on that before I give you a name.

If I totally ignore your question and give you a name in the middle, Eloh is my biggest scum-read. I think her decision to cast suspicion on you for your roleplay was convenient, and I think she was backpedaling when she claimed it was just to get a reaction from you, because I don't see the train of thought or interactions in her posts that suggest that. Rather, I see her defending herself against you.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

I am drunk so come at me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room ISO:

The first thing I notice is that his first six posts are all pretty empty. They're all Day 1, where jokes happen but are still ideally less prevalent than on Day 0.
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
motel room wrote:I put a vote down for insertname cos is there 2 mins to go?

Otherwise this scotty thing looks interesting
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
Care to elaborate on why you aren't a fan?
Just like, the vibe. Mabo.
At the time I thought motel room's suspicion of INH's "two option stance" looked authentic. That's the kind of specific detail motel room is most skilled at pinpointing and focusing on. However, I'd say he could have done a better job of explaining why he felt the way he did. His "looks interesting" assessment of the case against Scotty was vague too.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@ JimmyNeil~ I know you read Sloonei well. What is your opinion of him so far this game?
It took a little longer than usual, but now Sloonei is showing the unbridled enthusiasm for a Neil Hartley night that I've always known I can count on. He's engaged, he's having a good time, and he's keeping the other members of the audience attentive to the main event. I should hire him to my crew.
I know this is not at me but I also like Sloonei he seems hungry.
Rather cookie cutter for a motel room post. He is often one to judge others by their apparent hunger or lack there-of. I don't disagree with his read on Sloonei. A more thorough examination would have been more ideal though, to describe what exactly he saw in Sloonei's posts that indicated hunger.
motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm digging what you're throwing down, motel room.
Im really not throwing down shit but ok
You expressed your overestimation of available time; instead of letting that, and the fact that you are significantly behind in the thread, overwhelm you, you immediately dug into thread content and started providing reads on players and posts, even if few in number and not particularly substantial. I think it looks like you organically are baddie hunting (and mirrors your town game from what I've seen) and it is inspiring enough for me to move you up to a town read. Your behavior over the past half an hour or so is the perfect example, IMO anyway, of how someone a town player can jump into a thread even though he or she is behind and yet still inspire even with little quantity but some solid starting quality.

For those who watched or played MM's Trees game, your thread entry tonight reminds me of Quin 2.0's entry after he subbed in.
I.. ok
I don't know what this post is meant to convey. Is it an "Okay. I acknowledge and accept your statement"? Is it "Uh... okay?", which would have a very different connotation.

Come talk motel room.

I think motel room's commentary about INH here looks authentic. Probably his best post so far.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I am unamused by MacDougall's current vote. He joined the early Rico pile to give it a big lead in the tally, and that alone has the potential to drive the eventual lynch. Late arrivals and unmotivated townies tend to just join the heap later in the day, and as it stands right now Rico is a high probability victim of that trend.

Mac's reasoning is weak, in my opinion. It's less about trying to figure out Rico's behavior and more about condemning him for it.
Mac likes weird vote patterns he can point at later for a laugh.
Assertion about Mac that doesn't tell me much about how motel room feels about Mac himself. I'm actually not sure why he stepped in and said this at all.
motel room wrote:Ok some stuff.

I don't understand Rico's motivation, why he's so invested anti-mac. I don't get why he would do his Day 1 as scum, but I don't get why he would continue it Day 2 as town.

I like sloonei, jjj, dom. I think I like zebra and mac. I'm cool to vote instername, movingpictures, or lorab. I don't know enough about Elo or how she plays but I see she's jjj's main target atm and need to get a stance going. I also see Glorfindel is a person on the tally. And SVS.

I need to do work shit now. Like an idiot.
A post of stances. That's cool. However, highlighted is the dreaded People I'd Lynch List. Casting a broad net like that onto a group of potential targets is something that I'd theorize is more conducive to the baddie mindset than more focused accusation and lynch pursuit would be.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Any thoughts on Elohcin? Bueller?
Where would you put your vote if not her?
I requested some thoughts about Elohcin, and his response was to prompt me to talk about someone other than Elohcin. :shrug2:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:Ricochet
Back. I don't want to lynch Rico lets see what happened.
This maneuver is fun. On one hand I can appreciate motel room wielding his vote as a tool to judge tally movement. However, this happened at a time during the day in which final votes were starting to drop, and it might have actually helped to ensure Ricochet was lynched. It put Rico in a momentary lead, which lead to Elohcin's self-preservation vote and perhaps more. If motel room genuinely didn't want to lynch Ricochet, this maneuver had the exact opposite effect.
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Motel Room just changed his vote from Rico to Elo and back to me again.

Feeling a bit nervous, bud?
Indecisive.
I'm not sure "indecisive" is an explanation that meshes with the previous post in this analysis. He made it sound like he voted Rico just to see what other people would do in response, which would indicate he had no personal investment in a Rico lynch. He actually said as much: "I don't want to lynch Rico lets see what happened."

So if his move from Rico to Elohcin was about "indecision", that'd imply he did have some desire to lynch Rico and then changed his mind. That's not the same thing. Curious.

~~~

As seems to be the trend in this damned game, I'd call this an inconclusive review. There are little moments I like and little moments I don't like. motel room, please address this stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy you keep making really dickless inference to me being bad but ain't said shit yet. You just tryna discredit me because I am fucking legit and you can't touch me and want to be me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:If I totally ignore your question and give you a name in the middle, Eloh is my biggest scum-read. I think her decision to cast suspicion on you for your roleplay was convenient, and I think she was backpedaling when she claimed it was just to get a reaction from you, because I don't see the train of thought or interactions in her posts that suggest that. Rather, I see her defending herself against you.
That's actually something I haven't looked at yet (her claim that she wanted a reaction from me); I'll do so now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Jimmy you keep making really dickless inference to me being bad but ain't said shit yet. You just tryna discredit me because I am fucking legit and you can't touch me and want to be me.
When you talk like this you're usually bad, so cool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
If by 'most' you mean out of the five you separated in your own analysis, Sloonei and Mac are the only people who I've yet to find a reason to civ read yet. But I think that's for lack of effort to fully read their posts. I'd rather spend some time on that before I give you a name.

If I totally ignore your question and give you a name in the middle, Eloh is my biggest scum-read. I think her decision to cast suspicion on you for your roleplay was convenient, and I think she was backpedaling when she claimed it was just to get a reaction from you, because I don't see the train of thought or interactions in her posts that suggest that. Rather, I see her defending herself against you.
Nobody wants to civ read me because I am dangerous and you know this. You can never be sure that I ain't carrying and I respect that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Jimmy you keep making really dickless inference to me being bad but ain't said shit yet. You just tryna discredit me because I am fucking legit and you can't touch me and want to be me.
I would hope you are ready to back that shit up.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I might bother. Dunno. I don't think this thread gains anything from an exchange of one-liners, so I'm not going to make this a Thing.

Talk about this assertion:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I see more potential for manipulation in Mac's content than in most others, particularly his handling of Ricochet (which unlike you and INH hinged upon his literal or feigned failure to read Rico's posts thoroughly).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I ain't about to let you all take me down since I am a straight up gangsta but if you want to come at me you best be packing that real heavy shit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I might bother. Dunno. I don't think this thread gains anything from an exchange of one-liners, so I'm not going to make this a Thing.

Talk about this assertion:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I see more potential for manipulation in Mac's content than in most others, particularly his handling of Ricochet (which unlike you and INH hinged upon his literal or feigned failure to read Rico's posts thoroughly).
This is you trying to control a dialogue with me with minimal effort.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:This is you trying to control a dialogue with me with minimal effort.
This is you ignoring my accusation.

When you elect to play with minimal effort, I am not going to waste my time trying to get more from you. If you want to have a substantive dialogue, then give me substance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:This is you trying to control a dialogue with me with minimal effort.
This is you ignoring my accusation.

When you elect to play with minimal effort, I am not going to waste my time trying to get more from you. If you want to have a substantive dialogue, then give me substance.
I am ignoring your accusation because it is you lazily quoting a post you made that didn't directly request a reply nor encourage one. Nor is it anything other than a description of your interpretation. My reply to it is ... no. That last sentence of yours back at you stud.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Unless you are to elaborate you are saying my reaction to ricochet is manipulative? I have very little context further than that to help you see that I am not Mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The "get a reaction" thing Quin mentioned about Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
In fairness to Elohcin here, I don't believe she ever actually voted for me. She threatened to. So on that front perhaps there is some room for reaction-baiting.

I do think this explanation is at least a little dubious though. First, to bait me for reactions is inherently less necessary than it is for other people since I am always a sure bet to make a crap load of posts. People's ability to get a read on me is never hampered by a lack of content. So that she'd need to prod me to get something is less necessary than it would be for most others.

The highlighted portion bugs me most. I do think there was a clear implication in her Day 1 posts about me that some suspicion existed. To assert I was "trying too hard" or "hiding behind my roleplay" is distinctly accusatory -- suspicion is implied. This part looks a lot like a backtrack.

Elohcin is already a major suspect of mine. This doesn't change that for the better.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: MAD MAX: Night 1

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:There was one post Scotty made that someone pointed to that sounded really civvie that I was going to point out but I didn't notice the day had already expired when I saw it so that's a shame. Not that my 1 vote would have counted for anything. I wouldn't have voted to make it a tie or no lynch in the end so I couldn't affect the result.

Dom - Re your question ... To my nose, Sloonei has seemed half in half out. Some of his posts have been assertive and some of them have seemed non committal. I'll point some out when I am not at work.

Wilgy/Spirityo in the interest of fairness I wouldn't want to combine our powers as we would be far too powerful an organisation to overcome. It's just not cricket.
This post doesn't jive with me, Mac. This sounds like an attempt to wash your hands of a bad lynch.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:In case anyone needs me to explain what I mean by that, Jimmy does a thing where he takes what amounts to reasonable points and waves his magical wand over them and makes them seem ridiculous so nobody else gives them the time of day.
"Reasonable points"

MP and I have both vocally opposed the INH lynch, but apparently we've subtly caused it. You're not reading anything.
By virtue of being vociferous in your defence of Ricochet (both of you), you have invariably caused people to vote for the person who was on the nearest amount of votes. Your defence of Ricochet vs. your defence of INH have been nothing alike. I don't believe you really are opposed to INH being lynched, you are definitively opposed to Ricochet being lynched. I feel like you are comfortable with INH being lynched. You and MP have arrived at the same conclusions but MP finessed himself there subtly, while you have just been storming.
In light of ricochet being flipped as non Mafia my read here takes on new light. Perhaps JJJ and INH are Mafia teammates.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”