Good night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:And finally, It's out of line to say people shouldn't play mafia if they are predictable and can't shake things up. I know that insinuation was thrown around that ika was saying that about me and he wasn't at all. He knows some of my tells because he knows me. That doesn't mean I play the same way every time. Comments like this are just not necessary and quite frankly, rude.
No it isn't. This is like a poker game. If your tells are consistent, you will lose all the time. That simple. Play Bingo if you can't keep your tells in check.
Don't tell me not to play mafia. I've won far more games than I've ever lost. You are just being a jerk to me in this game like you were in Turf Wars. Clearly you have issues with me. I'm sick of your antagonizing shit towards me in numerous games. You are a moderator here who should know better and you've been talked to about this before. I'm reporting this shit now. I've had it with you.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't get that read when I read the comment about predictability. I didn't see it as connected to you and ika in way way. I think you are being too thin-skinned with Epi, Silverwolf. His Bingo comment is just the statement of a man who believes in his statement on controlling one's tells. I'm looking at it, and it is a stretch so say that he was telling you not to play Mafia anymore.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:...connected to you and ika in way way.
I meant "in any way".
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Whoa! Calm down! Epi was just responding to me, and I was just saying if you already know from day one who everyone is, there's no point in playing the game because you already know. I wasn't specifically referring to you or Ika, there were tons of people who said similar things. And yet for as good as everyone seems to be, no one agrees on who is what so obviously everyone isn't as good as they claim. Lol. Was light hearted discussion, no reason to freak out. If you're mad get mad at me as I said it, Epi just was replying to me.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silverwolf wrote:I've won far more games than I've ever lost.
Also: wow. I would be horrified to see my own win/loss record.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

What you two are missing is Epi's attitude towards me since I started playing on this site.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

I've had to report Epi numerous times for being a meany, so I feel ya Silvy. :puppy:
Image Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Polo wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Already said why Polo, and added to that he's been trying to base suspicion using Goldens posts after golden said twice they were Jay's for story purposes.
Poop. Golden said it once, and I was merely kidding when I mentioned Ricochet by the end of N1.

There's a gun pointed at your head. Would you lynch Long Con today?

If I had a gun at my head right now, I'd vote DFaraday. He's been lurking and has only posted 3 times in the thread. I know it's a vote with not much substance but my gut don't like it.

If I had to pick from the list I gave you, he's definitely top of it but more so for gut feeling than evidence in the thread. Although no one has to hold a gun to my head to make me vote. I will vote for someone willingly tomorrow with out that motivation requirement. Lol.

Linki: dude Matt you were going all stalker on me so I don't want to hear it. You STILL never gave me a good reason why the zebra thing had any impact or affect on this game what so ever?!

Indiglo, thanks for the compliments. Although I was a shit player then and no doubt I'll still be a shit player now so don't put too much stock in my play style or opinions. Lol. (Did I ever tell you about the time that LC tricked me for like three weeks into thinking that he was my townie BTSC partner when he was actually mafia and playing me? And I totally believed him and even followed his mafia will unknowingly? Yeah... I'm not always spot on in my assessments. Lol)
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

ObscureAllure wrote:Linki: dude Matt you were going all stalker on me so I don't want to hear it. You STILL never gave me a good reason why the zebra thing had any impact or affect on this game what so ever?!
I was kidding, I've never reported Epi.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also you haven't seen me go all stalker on you yet. Ask Marmot. :eek:
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silverwolf, I probably have this perspective because I thought Epi was a giant asshole for the first while after meeting him. He comes across like that. With experience, I have come to understand that he is a more complex individual is only a minor asshole, mixed in with other, much more palatable personality aspects. My advice would be to decide for yourself to ignore/laugh off something if it makes you feel upset, because, as someone who knows Epi better now, I REALLY doubt that upsetting you is his goal.
ObscureAllure wrote:(Did I ever tell you about the time that LC tricked me for like three weeks into thinking that he was my townie BTSC partner when he was actually mafia and playing me? And I totally believed him and even followed his mafia will unknowingly?)
HA HA Ha ha haaaa... hey, shut up OA. :D :| :ninja:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

So say we all

Thank you for the explanation Polo. One question I still don't know the answer to, why is Indi directing the search? Just for coordination purposes?
Silverwolf wrote:Daisy, I'm not going after you for RL. If you look at my reads D1 I had you as busy in RL with no read. I start going after low content posters if they don't post by the time D2 rolls around and has been going for awhile. I either get them to post or I try to lynch them if they don't. I can't read people who don't post. It's aggressive maybe but it has worked for me before so I'll keep doing it. It's to the benefit of the whole game if people participate. You know that as well as I do.
Except for the fact I'm sure that I am far from the only low poster, and I have been pretty clear I am attempting to catch up and orient myself here. If I were just content to low post it would be one thing but I've been up front about exactly what is going on. Additionally you have now mentioned me like three times as scum reading me, and it entirely based upon my low posting, for which I have clearly told you all exactly what is going on. And as I mentioned, you have plenty of other low posting options to go after, yet somehow I seem to be the one you are targeting.

I'm like 8 pages in from the start, and the thing of note for me so far is how Polo pulled "carrier" seemingly out of thin air. Going back to continue now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

indiglo wrote:@ Rico, you are up next for sortie - 5:49 am EST
I am on my post. *salutes*
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rico I don't know what your reads are.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Someone request an ISO. I'm always cheerleading and motivating, this time I need someone to give me that.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Someone request an ISO. I'm always cheerleading and motivating, this time I need someone to give me that.
Ooooh, ISO me!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, I got to page 15, now I need to sleep, hopefully can make more headway tomorrow before work.

Right now I am town reading Matt, his tinfoiling is based in lore and a lot of it has been sound IMO. Which I don't always think when it comes to his tinfoiling. His tone reads genuine to me as well. But he could be fooling me. In Downton I was convinced he was bad but he was civ. :shrug:
Epi we know is a toaster, the question is can we trust him really?
Slight scum reading Zebra and JJJ, but frankly it is almost entirely based upon the interaction where he called her a toaster, their whole interaction just felt false to me.
Slight scum read on Rico as well, hisback and forth with ika and Silverwolf did not sit well with me, it was a lot of semantics that he was arguing, it looked like someone who was trying to fling mud while still technically keeping their hands clean, if that makes any sense.

That's all for now, my pillow is calling.

Linki: have you ISOed LC yet?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:Slight scum reading Zebra and JJJ, but frankly it is almost entirely based upon the interaction where he called her a toaster, their whole interaction just felt false to me.
I'm surprised you'd say so as one of the hosts of Turf Wars.

I'll ISO Long Con.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Rico I don't know what your reads are.
I have no new updates, because playing yesterday was tough shit busyness for me and I'm growingly anxious that today will be just as well (not to mention the rest of the week). I'll do my best.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So, which one should I do? Thoughts? I could do E5 to get back in line with the checkerboard and link F5-D5; I could do D2, to create a second different diagonal; I could do D4 to continue the diagonal descending from A1 (and also create a zig-zag between the C-F rows).
Long Con wrote:Had we stuck to our original checkerboard pattern, B2 would have been called on our 4th sortie. But, after LC intervened, we only got around to it on our 6th sortie. Not only did he change the sector called, he also got us off the checkerboard pattern idea by insinuating it was manipulative. It clearly was not, and the suggestion delayed the destruction of the Rezz Ship by 2 sorties, or 12 hours. Any thoughts on that? Does it still seem like good-natured mischief?
I'm partially ears on this. The D2 reveal could look like bad news for LC. :ponder: I also think it could be good news for Beats - 'cause otherwise, if you are a cylon with knowledge of ships/Hub location and propose a pattern that allows us to hit something within 4 moves, you're not very good at manipulating. In fairness, though, after the 3rd sortie, a change of pattern was proposed and largely approved (even by me), so B2 as 4th sortie might have not happened anyway. We could have gone diagonal from A1 and thus B2 would have remained the 4th sortie. We could have started a diagonal (or other pattern) from elsewhere. We all gave our accord to such potential path change.
Polo wrote:If I had a gun at my head right now, I'd vote DFaraday. He's been lurking and has only posted 3 times in the thread. I know it's a vote with not much substance but my gut don't like it.
I would motion that we wait for post #4. Two of his three posts were not lurk, but catchup posts (with a small bit of thread perusal). If indeed lurking, he may drive himself into participation issues in a matter of 14-15 hours, as far as I can see. I know you admit your vote intention might not be substantial, but reading your Day Two posts so far doesn't give me the impression of other leads you might have. Care to develop?
Silverwolf wrote:D'Faraday would be an o.k. lynch if we can't come up with anything better. He's only posted 3 times but if I can't find a scumread, I like to go for a low content poster. If they are scum trying to lay low-great. If they are town-they aren't being that helpful and I'd rather lose them than someone who is keeping the convo alive. Spacedaisy is kind of falling into this camp as well at this point. I hope IAWY gets replaced but I'd be inclined to scumread that slot based on his behavior before replacing out similar to behavior as scum in championship.
Overall, I'd say this "if you're not helping as town, we should remove you" stance has never been the main approach in Syndicate games. And I'm saying this from the perspective from someone who's often lost patience himself with low posters sticking around for cycles long. Back to DFaraday, I will say again that the nature of two of his three posts are apologetic and contextual. For Day Two, I still motion that we await pending new contact with DF, rather than taking the easy route.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Rico I don't know what your reads are.
I have no new updates, because playing yesterday was tough shit busyness for me and I'm growingly anxious that today will be just as well (not to mention the rest of the week). I'll do my best.
It's perfectly fine if you're busy and stuff, but you have 213 posts. I don't know what your reads are, and you have 213 posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Spacedaisy wrote:Slight scum read on Rico as well, hisback and forth with ika and Silverwolf did not sit well with me, it was a lot of semantics that he was arguing, it looked like someone who was trying to fling mud while still technically keeping their hands clean, if that makes any sense.
By "scum" do you mean baddie or simply not civilian aligned? :p kidding

It doesn't and it wasn't what I did. Also, the semantics were created by my fellow speakers, my intent was to discuss potential complex game mechanics.

Even by broad definitions of what I did, arguing relentlessly and being confrontational are not my baddie traits.

linki: I have reads within 213 posts. Sorry it's 213 posts you have to look inside for them. Check my early and late logs, usually. In this case, my late log is yet to develop.

For instance, I've started today by proposing more scrutiny on Zebra. Her blank cheque vote for BR yesterDay had me in "wary standby" and since I've discovered that she works by such principles ("I'm voting X because I know X's baddie meta") before as bad. What say you?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con ISO suggested by Spacedaisy:
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If I have a town read on you for whatever reason or to whatever degree, would you prefer that I broadcast it into the thread or keep it closer to the vest? Your answers might have a real effect on my treatment of you in this game, so lemme get 'em.
Better to keep it close to the vest for me unless I need saving. For your own sake, and mine as well. There's a good chance I would accuse you of being Mafia and buddying me. :nicenod:
At the start of the game when I asked everyone whether they'd prefer I broadcast any town reads I might have on them, Long Con was the only one to outright recommend against it. I don't know if that means anything, but the highlighted bit doesn't appear genuine at face value. I don't recall Long Con being the sort of player who recoils against people town reading him quite like he describes here. This might have been a laborious way of implanting himself into a townlike perspective that he doesn't actually have. Minor point.
Long Con wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Overall, I'm going to sum up Matt's current theories as one of the following:

a) knowing or extrapolating something, likely from his role, that I don't or can't, as per fraking usual
b) Matttalk
I find your unwillingness to agree that it's possible some humans could be mafia...is strange. Especially since it seems like you've seen the show yourself.

Hrm.
I think you are bad, this post seems like badness to me.
Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:If one presumes anything other than that I don't intend for clarity out of my shrugs, you are probably doing it wrong. The best presumption is that I hoped the game would throw up these discussions, regardless of the truth of game setup, and it's much more interesting for me to watch exploration of what the game might be than to give you any hint of what it is.
Cool but I still think LC might be bad now.

Whaaaat up
Hmmmm... yeah, you're my guy.

I am voting for Matt right now.
These bits are pulled from a larger post. LC did well to take stances on Day 1, but when he took those stances there wasn't much of an accompanying explanation. His treatment of Matt here is a valid example. I don't know why he was reading Matt as bad, and his read had next to no chance of progressing into an actual lynch because he made no effort to actually promote it in any way beyond merely placing his vote (his permanent vote). That's not ideal.
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also, can we look into one of my earliest in-game points, which was about MetalMarsh89 locking a vote early on with zero argumentation, to which he has thus far added nothing but fluff and banter?
My favorite was his explanation akin to "I wanted to vote you in another game so here it is" and even more lol-able is Epi's lay down of "oh, no problem then!" Epi even labels Mm as town after that, if I recall. What the frak, Helo!
Epi is bad and MM is not.

Rico is probably Civ.
Long Con, certified taker of stances.
Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I just went into my other game and that is the one that ends before I get home not this one. I should be home in more than enough time for this poll.
Long Con wrote: Epi is bad and MM is not.

Rico is probably Civ.
Tell me what I am missing. I feel fairly good about both Epi & MM, but not Rico.
I dunnno, just gut reads. Feel great about the Epi one for some reason.

ika, when I play with Black Rock, I specifically avoid discussing her for at least a few days, because she's my wife. I suggest you and Silverwolf give it a try, I'm so over seeing 100 posts between the two of you on Day 1 frankly. :)
He called them gut reads, which on Day 1 isn't necessarily a bad thing. I still have no idea what inspired them though, or why he felt great about his Epignosis read.
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:The above posts has lots of emoticons.
Are you thinking that might be indicative of scumminess? Or are you, for some reason, implying that a concern for 'how your post looks' is something that is worth looking at, something that's a bit of a baddie tell? That's the read I got off this post.

Linki: and now you are overdoing it to make it seem like just a cool thing you're doing, not a baddie tell at all.

Linki2: Well, if that's all it is, it just cost you cred points with me, sorry.
sig got a little shit for his self-admission of emoticon abuse, something I read as good-natured joking from him and not something that means much of anything. If sig is town, then this is an example of a post that could be capitalizing on sig's tendency to get himself into trouble.
Long Con wrote:My lists...

GOOD:
ika
Silverwolf
S~V~S

BAD:
Epignosis
Matt
sig
Reiterating the same Day 1 reads. Only putting this here to reference later if necessary.
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:God it was a joke. :sigh:

Since my post had so many faces. Like I usually don't put so many. I think LC might be mafia, he is setting me up like mafia LC will do sometimes and that isn't very nice. :P
I didn't set you up, sig, you set yourself up. :shrug:
Ehh. The highlighted portion is a rather candid admission of what I just said, but without the implied "town sig sets himself up inadvertently in every game he plays" angle.
Long Con wrote:Yes! Let's go off on some diagonal after reaching the other corner.

Also, I want to lynch ika, he is protesting way too much, and I think he's a Cylon himself. How better to hide than to act like a huge anti-Cylon bigot?
Long Con wrote:
Polo wrote:Ika, are you a cylon and do you want us to try to lynch Epi again without destroying a Ress ship so that you can Nightkill in peace and we waste our time not discovering any other Cylons?
I agree with this, very strongly.
Regarding the highlighted portion: allow me to ask you the same question, Long Con. You've sworn repeatedly to destroy Epignosis because he's a cylon without regard for any possibility that he might not a bad one.

Also, the conviction you convey in your suspicion of ika strikes me as fake. ika was a very easy target at that point because his screaming and spamming was driving people crazy, but I don't think he was remotely suspicious and I doubt you really did either.
Long Con wrote:
indiglo wrote:
indiglo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Yeah, skip the sad song option.

@Indi, I can take the 5:47 AM one tomorrow.

Linki, you got that, cool. If the square changes, colorfully bold it in the thread to me, OK?

You got it, dude!
Actually, this goes for anyone really. I'm not "in charge" of the sorties, I'm just keeping a record. So anyone, if you feel it prudent to change our plan, please feel free to do so. Just make it ultra clear in the thread (especially for our early morning pilots, they are still sleepy). I'm open to beginning a diagonal, or switching to random too.

Also, I was wrong about my sortie time. I still have 6 minutes to wait. :puppy:
Maybe I'll try to cut in and send us to a random square for fun.
I'm not really qualified to say much about the resurrection ship chase and people's coordinated effort to locate it, but I have caught rumblings that Long Con goofed at some point in the process? He projected that goof in this post.

"for fun"

This kind of reminds me of the 2015 champs game when MacDougall and DrWilgy among others were obsessed with forcing tied tallies "for fun", even though it was clearly not in town's best interests. They were mafia naturally.
Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I am 0% in agreement of switching to random picks. It has to be a clear pattern.
I think you are a human.
Long Con, certified taker of stances.
Long Con wrote:What's the difference? Just go back to the plan next time. :shrug: It's not the end of the world.
:suspish:
Long Con wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I hope the Host seriously doesn't allow this, based on we establishing a queue of authorised volunteers, not Mr. Looney Coen over here.

indi, call it in, after the Host gives the result on A3 (if we have to wait for it), or call it in, when it's time.
Cool wit me. I meant to ask Goldama about that previously - if we need to wait for results before calling in the next sortie or not.

LC, it was a dick move. Completely. I'm not calling you a dick, btw.
I accept the dick move accusation. I once was shown a super long icicle hanging, and despite my friend's excitement and wonder over it, I said "Cool!" and then touched my finger lightly to it, causing it to fall and shatter. It amused me to purposely be such a jerk, because I'm not like that 99% of the time. Gleeful mischief, not mean-spirited. :D I urge you to hear, in the words of the immortal Star-Lord: "I may be an asshole, but I am not 100% a dick". So comments like this:
sig wrote:That is a cylonish thing to do LC.
...are not necessary.

In other words, just having some fun, plus I truly don't think it matters what order we pick these in when we're searching for one single random (?) square. We'll get it when we get it, and it is pure luck that determines when we get it. It could be on square A2 for all we know, and thus we'll all die of old age before we find it.

Furthermore, I allowed myself to do it because I think it is BETTER to introduce some deviations from the plan. As far as I can tell, we are straight-up following DrumBeats' proposed plan, without alterations, right? Am I wrong about that? I might have skimmed some of indiglo's planning posts due to the repetition of information and the graph-grid thingy. I said it several times before, it's not wise to just follow one person's plan to the letter. What if DrumBeats is a Cylon who is leading us to squares that he knows don't contain the Rez Ship? Why are none of you concerned about this?

You can count on me doing this again at some point if someone else doesn't address this flaw in the plan, and come up with a way to mend it. Going diagonal after reaching A5 was one such proposed idea, but it seems to me that it got fluffed away and the original plan was still the popular way to go.

Linki: Thanks MM. And no confirmation yet.
He equated sig's fair accusation to indiglo's light-hearted suggestion that LC's maneuver was a "dick move". This is a discredit of sig that doesn't pay his accusation fair respect, and just discards it based upon a faulty premise. His point that the group's plan, originated by DrumBeats, should be interrupted given the chance that DrumBeats is a cylon strikes me as a really fake excuse to justify what was really just his decision to screw with the plan. Unless he has a reason to provide that DrumBeats is not trustworthy, then I flat out don't believe him in this post. Terrible look.
Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Guy who says we should be wary for manipulation literally goes Leroy Jenkins on us, what the fraking frak!
If this doesn't hit, LC's ass is grass.
If it does, he has had info and has kept it quiet for some reason.
:scared: But both of those are bad for me!

This is fun, you guys are so serious about this. Your square and my square have equal chance of finding the ship.
Long Con does bring up a good point, or at least he did earlier. Do we know how many spaces the ship takes up? Why not move down and diagonal to cover more ground?
Literally suggested that. To which LC agreed!
Yes I did and do agree. Go with Ricochet's alteration, captain indiglo! I won't interfere again if I'm satisfied with the plan.
He is willfully acting as a wrench throw into the gears of cooperation. "I won't interfere again if I'm satisfied with the plan." This is ignorant of any semblance of team work and it gives him a free pass to do it again, just by claiming "he doesn't like the plan". He suggested DrumBeats might be leading people astray as a cylon -- I'd suggest Long Con could just as easily be screwing with DrumBeats' plan because it was sound.
Long Con wrote:And I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I don't like the plan at all, upon reflection.

My preference would be to generate a randomized list of every player in the game, and then each player gives their desired sector to search, and we agree to search them, on a tight schedule, in that order.
His proposed alternative is to randomize a list of players and ask them for their sector of choice.

A randomized list would likely include baddie cylons given basic probability. :suspish:

Long Con provides a lore-based list of how each character might be aligned

This is a nice effort, but it doesn't do much to help us find baddies. It even assigns a "good" grade to Epi's flipped character, but Long Con hasn't recanted his pursuit of Epi's head to my knowledge. He has put it out there like murdering cylons alone is his win condition (without actually saying that), but that could easily be his cover for pursuing the lynch of a good player to progress a baddie win condition instead.
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:My understanding for this is that the President of the Colonies made a law saying whoever died N1 needs to vote for whoever the Admiral wants, so basically the admiral has an extra vote.
My understanding is that the President didn't know ika was going to die, and thus made a law to try and control him in some way. The Admiral will most likely not receive an extra vote because ika died.
Also who created this pattern we are following? How do we know they aren't mafia.
And when I went off-pattern, you called me a Cylon.

You are bad. If I had to vote right now, I would vote for you.
His aggression against sig continues to look fake to me.
Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Well done Juliets :beer: And so say we all, I completely forgot ...

Im entertaining the idea that JJJ might be bad. He seems to strive to look P50, but it feels forced. Thats only tone though, I can barely remember anything he has said. Although that might be a point in itself. Im feeling good about Rico though.

What does everyone think of JJJ?
No real read on him yet for me. What's P50?
Long Con, certified taker of stances, wasn't willing to take at least one stance. :feb:
Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
This affirms that Long Con has maintained his anti-Epi bloodlust after having called his character town-inclined in his lore-based character list.
Long Con wrote:As for JJJ... I didn't read his posts like I said I would. I got caught up in posting other things, and then I ran out of Mafia time for a bit. I did read his case on nutella, and I want to point out one bit that I think isn't quite right:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Later she did move on the ika read but without saying why.
But she did say why:
nutella wrote:Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior...
She called him "incredibly annoying", which I suppose I can assume is for similar reasons to the suspicions she expressed prior. I'd like to know why she moved away from "suspicious" and toward "annoying", because the distinction is important.
But it always seemed like she found him more annoying than suspicious, when I read it:
nutella wrote:I don't believe I've ever played with either of them. Regardless of their history, I really dislike ika's tone. Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior, but I really don't like it and his unshakeability rubs me the wrong way.
nutella said she "really dislikes ika's tone" and "his unshakeability rubs her the wrong way". Those are both distinctly accusatory, they carry a clear implication that she is scum reading ika. The notion that he was just annoying did not come until later.
Long Con wrote:
Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
Ugh.

Knowing you're a fan of the show, I have to believe that your win con involves destroying all Cylons because otherwise you make no sense. I'm not asking for you to confirm or deny, re: Golden's announcement about win cons, just stating what I think has to be the case.

For any civs out there that don't need all cylons dead, don't listen to Long Con k thanks.
Win, lose, con, I don't really care, man. Cylons killed everyone I love when they destroyed the Colonies, and I won't rest until they're all dead. :noble:
We already know that it's against the rules to publicly state one's win condition. Long Con hasn't explicitly done this, but it's clear that he's trying to convey here that his win condition is to eliminate the cylons. I don't believe him.

~~~

This was fun. I have a baddie read on Long Con.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

RIP my father's money, but I have secured two tickets to Keith Jarrett. The purchase system was giving so many errors, while seats were vanishing in seconds, I thought I lost all hope. :faint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:For instance, I've started today by proposing more scrutiny on Zebra. Her blank cheque vote for BR yesterDay had me in "wary standby" and since I've discovered that she works by such principles ("I'm voting X because I know X's baddie meta") before as bad. What say you?
Do you have an example of her pulling the same move as a baddie?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:For instance, I've started today by proposing more scrutiny on Zebra. Her blank cheque vote for BR yesterDay had me in "wary standby" and since I've discovered that she works by such principles ("I'm voting X because I know X's baddie meta") before as bad. What say you?
Yes, but it's not "kosher" to point it out, because the context of the example has not concluded on all levels.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yes, but it's not "kosher" to point it out, because the context of the example has not concluded on all levels.
Understood. I found it anyway. I'm a bit wary of recency bias influencing people's reads on this one, but the comparison is at least valid. It's not terribly inspiring that Zebra provided a meta read on a player who at the time had made no posts, also. I gave her a decent look on Day 1 for her handling of my hard poke, but I do think she's probably a stronger reactionary player than most (that's sort of her whole game). I suppose she is suspicious enough without having done an ISO. Maybe I will.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Be back for the sector check, it'd really help more input on what the next move should be, or else I'd basically have to resort to an individual call, which I've lobbied against. :shrug:
So, which one should I do? Thoughts? I could do E5 to get back in line with the checkerboard and link F5-D5; I could do D2, to create a second different diagonal; I could do D4 to continue the diagonal descending from A1 (and also create a zig-zag between the C-F rows).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've not been involved with this process yet, so I'm not quite attuned to exactly how you folks have been working it. The first option you presented sounds fine though -- E5. If you have a reason to dislike that option then I wouldn't fault you for taking a different one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JJJ, saying I disliked ika's tone does not at all imply that I was scum reading him. Early on day 1 I thought his strong defense of silver was pingy, but I quickly learned that that was their dynamic and decided his behavior made him all the more likely to be civ. LC is right that I mostly just found him annoying, and in that particular post I was backing off from my previous statement of suspicion.

@Rico - I personally think D2 is a good choice because it has the biggest gap around it, but tbh anything is probably worth checking :shrug2:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I am here and standing by. I will go with E5 to get us back on the checkerboard pattern and creating a new direction as a secondary part (F5 upwards). If someone has a better idea, state so in the following 9 minutes, please.

linki: I don't find D2 a bad option either (filling a zig-zag between columns 2 and 3). If a third party can state which of these two he prefers, I can then go along with the winning option.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP
Ricochet wrote:I am here and standing by. I will go with E5 to get us back on the checkerboard pattern and create a new direction as a secondary part (F5 upwards). If someone has a better idea, state so in the following 9 minutes, please.

linki: I don't find D2 a bad option either (filling a zig-zag between columns 2 and 3). If a third party can state which of these two he prefers, I can then go along with the winning option.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote:JJJ, saying I disliked ika's tone does not at all imply that I was scum reading him. Early on day 1 I thought his strong defense of silver was pingy, but I quickly learned that that was their dynamic and decided his behavior made him all the more likely to be civ. LC is right that I mostly just found him annoying, and in that particular post I was backing off from my previous statement of suspicion.
Frankly if you were saying those things merely to convey that he was annoying then it's an even worse look, because that commentary can serve no purpose except to discredit ika. There's no reason to say those things at all if they aren't statements of suspicion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sector check on
E5
Chosen for its dual purpose.

I endorse D4 or D2 as the next option(s).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

link'd by JJJ :suspish:

Ok, it's almost 1pm here and until 6:30pm I probably won't be back home.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at F4.

You found no resurrection ship at F5.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Did we find any Final Five at F5, tho? :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf wrote:What you two are missing is Epi's attitude towards me since I started playing on this site.
"Real Epi" is a Sweetie; it's his game face that is abrasive. He is a nice guy with 3 little kids & Julius Ceasar bangs. Think of game face Epi as "Skeletor", and remember it is not really him, AND YOU are not the only person who has felt that way about him ;) Totally not personal, I can vouch for that.

And yeah, I have to agree with your point that ika was an odd NK. He could have been almost guaranteed to steer/distract the thread today, so what would be the point in killing him?

I have a slow after noon at work today, so I should have plenty of time to reread cases and sort out my thoughts,maybe do some GTH.

And @Daisy, I think Indi just felt one person running the search & coordinating was important so she started doing it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

That should be green, and Caesar is spelled wrong :facepalm:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

oh dear lord! I hit the end of the thread!!!!! yay me!

I have some thoughts, but the hubby is yelling at me to come to bed at almost 4 am. I napped long and hard so I doubt I will sleep in much. In any event, I'll be around most of the day tomorrow to get all my thoughts out on the page.

Catching up like 30 pages in a day and a half was exausting.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!

OK, so picking up where I left off, it appears the general consensus is that our Mafia Team is approximately six or seven members strong predominantly comprised of Cylons with a human or two thrown in? There's still something about this whole set up that feels fishy to me but for the time being, I suppose... :shrug:

I'll be limited as far as my time goes tomorrow stuck in interviews most of the day so my posting will remain a little sparse for the time being, sorry... I think I'm up with most of what's going on now so I'll just throw a few thoughts out there:

Ricochet: a number of people have inferred that they are suspicious of him. I'd really like to hear the case against him. Personally, I'm getting nothing but Town vibes from him. I find his enthusiasm for this game to be almost infectious and his reaction to the whole LC Sortie insubordination incident this morning reveals that he is someone who is passionate about teamwork and discipline (qualities that I personally admire). Sure, it could all be calculated and manipulative but I'm just not feeling it.

Zebs: I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on the goings on here - I value your opinions very highly and frankly, we could do with the benefit of your insight.

IAWY: Someone (Epi?) mentioned the possibility of him being the Day 2 default lynch - I'd never be on board with that had he still been playing but I find it strange behaviour for him given my experiences of him in games at other sites.

Epi: Will not be getting my vote.

Silverwolf: Safe Town in my book.

JJJ: I don't honestly know what to think. Like Ricochet, he appears to have his detractors but the case against him as I understand it is based on a perception that he is playing differently from past games? I have no reference point for that so I'll be leaving that one for others to debate.

Matt: I'm as certain as I can be that you're Town and I don't know what it is but if there IS indeed something fishy going on with this game mechanic, I'm confident you'll work it out :nicenod:

I can't say I have any strong feelings against most of the other players that have come under consideration today (e.g. Nutella, ObscureAllure, etc.).

There's still substantial time before the next vote so I'll keep an eye out until then...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Polo wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Already said why Polo, and added to that he's been trying to base suspicion using Goldens posts after golden said twice they were Jay's for story purposes.
Poop. Golden said it once, and I was merely kidding when I mentioned Ricochet by the end of N1.

There's a gun pointed at your head. Would you lynch Long Con today?

If I had a gun at my head right now, I'd vote DFaraday. He's been lurking and has only posted 3 times in the thread. I know it's a vote with not much substance but my gut don't like it.

If I had to pick from the list I gave you, he's definitely top of it but more so for gut feeling than evidence in the thread. Although no one has to hold a gun to my head to make me vote. I will vote for someone willingly tomorrow with out that motivation requirement. Lol.
You're missing the point. I was asking you what decision would you make if you had to do it urgently.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Spacedaisy wrote:I'm like 8 pages in from the start, and the thing of note for me so far is how Polo pulled "carrier" seemingly out of thin air. Going back to continue now.
I had a Battlestar Galactica wiki page open as I tried every word I could think of that reminded me of Focctuc. Those were Carrier, Barrier, Riddled and Warrior. A quick look at the wiki showed that there was in fact a ship called Carrier, which is the Olympic Carrier.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con ISO suggested by Spacedaisy:
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If I have a town read on you for whatever reason or to whatever degree, would you prefer that I broadcast it into the thread or keep it closer to the vest? Your answers might have a real effect on my treatment of you in this game, so lemme get 'em.
Better to keep it close to the vest for me unless I need saving. For your own sake, and mine as well. There's a good chance I would accuse you of being Mafia and buddying me. :nicenod:
At the start of the game when I asked everyone whether they'd prefer I broadcast any town reads I might have on them, Long Con was the only one to outright recommend against it. I don't know if that means anything, but the highlighted bit doesn't appear genuine at face value. I don't recall Long Con being the sort of player who recoils against people town reading him quite like he describes here. This might have been a laborious way of implanting himself into a townlike perspective that he doesn't actually have. Minor point.
You recall incorrectly. I am quite sure that there are several people here who will testify that paranoia of buddying is a common trait of mine.
Long Con wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Overall, I'm going to sum up Matt's current theories as one of the following:

a) knowing or extrapolating something, likely from his role, that I don't or can't, as per fraking usual
b) Matttalk
I find your unwillingness to agree that it's possible some humans could be mafia...is strange. Especially since it seems like you've seen the show yourself.

Hrm.
I think you are bad, this post seems like badness to me.
Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:If one presumes anything other than that I don't intend for clarity out of my shrugs, you are probably doing it wrong. The best presumption is that I hoped the game would throw up these discussions, regardless of the truth of game setup, and it's much more interesting for me to watch exploration of what the game might be than to give you any hint of what it is.
Cool but I still think LC might be bad now.

Whaaaat up
Hmmmm... yeah, you're my guy.

I am voting for Matt right now.
These bits are pulled from a larger post. LC did well to take stances on Day 1, but when he took those stances there wasn't much of an accompanying explanation. His treatment of Matt here is a valid example. I don't know why he was reading Matt as bad, and his read had next to no chance of progressing into an actual lynch because he made no effort to actually promote it in any way beyond merely placing his vote (his permanent vote). That's not ideal.
I thought he was bad because I found his logic equating "that person doesn't think humans are bad" with "that person is bad" to be unpalatable. Then he turns it around and accuses me. Just seemed bad. An update to that would be that he has been very consistent in his assertions about sticking with the show's portrayed alignments over a human/cylon conflict, so I don't suspect him as much any more. I think you would find instances of me pushing hard or convincing others to follow me on a Day 1 vote very rare, regardless of my alignment. It's Day 1, I don't know nothin' on Day 1 and I am not going to act like I do without really good reason.

To be continued...
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Are there any other sectors on the grid under serious consideration? I am here and should be for most of the day. I've got an alarm set on my phone for the 11:49 submission time.

Just brushing up on the last two pages for my notes and then we can chat about whatever you like.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
nutella wrote:JJJ, saying I disliked ika's tone does not at all imply that I was scum reading him. Early on day 1 I thought his strong defense of silver was pingy, but I quickly learned that that was their dynamic and decided his behavior made him all the more likely to be civ. LC is right that I mostly just found him annoying, and in that particular post I was backing off from my previous statement of suspicion.
Frankly if you were saying those things merely to convey that he was annoying then it's an even worse look, because that commentary can serve no purpose except to discredit ika. There's no reason to say those things at all if they aren't statements of suspicion.
Good point, it also inflames an already volatile situation. She also insinuated he was acting like an asshole. If she's not suspicious of him, then I'm left to believe it's an antagonistic approach that isn't used to get a read on ika and is therefore scum motivated.

nutella has my vote unless something drastic happens before EoD
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

G-Man wrote:Are there any other sectors on the grid under serious consideration? I am here and should be for most of the day. I've got an alarm set on my phone for the 11:49 submission time.

Just brushing up on the last two pages for my notes and then we can chat about whatever you like.
I would just do one of these for now.
Ricochet wrote: I endorse D4 or D2 as the next option(s).
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 5
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Okay, so I'm here! :omg:

I ISO'd Go,den to make sure I could post, I got through the first 1,200 posts but I really don't have the time to be able to catch up completely so from the ISO I know the flips, but I don't know anything about what's happened for the rest of Day 1 + any of Day 2 so far.

Cliff notes so I can have some basis to go off of for today?
:omg:
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 5
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

@Silverwolf, Ika

A quick side point, but judging my scum meta to be that I'm a no-show inactive lurker because I couldn't be here for the last game is not a fair assessment to read me as scum in this game just because the same IRL circumstances are playing a part here too. How active I am is not alignment-indicative, especially at the moment where I can't be as active as I used to, and if that's the was the crux of your whole scumread argument on me D1, it's a bad one.
:omg:

Return to “Previous Jobs”