Total votes: 0
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: MAD MAX: Night 4

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, but before I go, I realize that the majorly contributing players all have some variance of town read from me right now, so I want to add: If there are any players who have been heavily contributing to the game and are mafia-aligned, I'd rank them in the following possibilities, despite my placement of them on my rainbow above:

1) zebra
2) Mac
3) Sloonei

I fear any of these being the case, because if so, they've done a pretty good job at seeming town.

Now gotta go.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and I JUST realized that should have said Rainbow #7. Dammit, that secretly is going to really bug me now. Lol. Okay, bye.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

Here's whats been on my mind -

The silvertongue character can stop a lynch not necessarily "save a person". I don't understand who as town, and silvertongue is town, would have wanted to stop that lynch except for INH. But I want to hear what INH thinks.

If it wasn't him, I don't think silvertongue would have to hide that they had stopped the lynch by contributing to the INH wagon or caring about the EOD tie. Im saying this cos Glorfindel was awfully slow acting (at least what it seemed to me) when he arrived and saw a tie - so I was thinking he could have PM'd the mod then and went to stop the lynch before getting into voting but that doesn't make much sense. So it would be someone off-wagon.

But I want to hear what INH thinks.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

No I still think Zebragnosis is bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:No I still think Zebragnosis is bad.
Super.

This thread is mostly blocked at work, so I haven't read anything yet. If I live, I'll read. I'm not spending what remains of my evening doing that only to get popped again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

G-Man wrote:
LoRab wrote:As I've said, we do not know that failed kills/non-lynches are written differently. I also realize we haven't asked the host. So:

@GMan: In this gme, are failed lynches because a player survives the first kill attempt written differently than a lynch being stopped by silvertongue? Similarly, are failed night kills written the same or differently, based on protection, block, or survival of first death attempt?
I reserve the right to be as specific or vague in each lynch and night post as I choose to be.
So, then, we can't assume it was Silvertongue. INH is still at the top of my list, for the record. Especially since we have not heard from him since the lynch ended. But since I seem to be in the minority, I'm willing to put him on the back burner and consider other subjects. Because even if he is bad, he's still not the only baddie.

I'm half asleep, though, and have a headache, so those thoughts will have to wait to the morning.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

should we lynch indiglo or nah
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:should we lynch indiglo or nah
I'm probably down.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

HIGH VOLTAGE

A lone motorcycle drove up the highway on the edge of town. The bike wobbled under the precarious positioning of its load. One rider and a passenger strapped lying across the seat. The operator pulled into an electrical substation and parked. Only then did the rest of Toecutter's gang emerge from the shadows of the night.

"Well done, Johnny," Bubba said, nodding in approval. He wasn't as charismatic as their fallen leader but he still got his point across.

Cundalini looked into the eyes of the frightened man who had been kidnapped, gagged, and driven to a place no sensible person would look for him.

"Welcome, friend," he said with a bow. "We are so glad to have you here for tonight's entertainment. It ought to be an electrifying evening." He laughed and dragged the man to the far side of the substation. He pulled him up to a standing position and tore off two long strips from their victim's shirt. One served as a blindfold. The other was used to bind his hands behind his back. The rest of the gang circled around and they took turns spinning and pushing their prey around the circle, disorienting him.

"Enough!" Bubba shouted. The crowd dispersed as the dizzy young man struggled to get up. "Johnny is going to guide you through the substation. Follow instructions or else."

"Ten paces forward," Johnny laughed. The young man counted them off, all the while listening for the buzz, hum, and pop of the transformers and switches. Every time a sound got too loud for comfort, he flinched, making the gang members laugh.

"Now," Johnny said, turn to your left, walk four paces, take a right, go six paces, then right again and twelve paces." He said this fast in order to confuse and torment their victim. It worked. Sobbing and whimpering, the young man somehow managed to match Johnny's directions. Every time Johnny tried to make his directions hard to follow, the young man persevered and got to where he needed to be.

After walking the man in and around the substation for ten minutes, the game was getting old. Johnny's face turned from a frown to an evil smirk as it finally dawned on him what he could to this poor chap.

"Alright," Johnny called out, "nearly done! Turn right and take ten paces forward." The man complied but stopped at nine paces because he could hear live current somewhere in front of him.

"Well done. Now's where we found out what you're made of, mate" Johnny laughed. "There's a set of live wires running about knee-high two steps ahead of you. If you can jump over it, we'll let you go."

Sweat poured down the young man's brow as he tried to visualize the wires and the distance between them and himself. He backed up three paces and collected himself with a few deep breaths. The gang watched as his head bobbed up and down as he psyched himself up for the jump. He darted forward, counted off the paces and jumped as hard and as high as he could, being sure to kick up his legs to avoid the wires.

Had the wires actually been where Jonny said they were, the young man would have cleared them. But there were no wires. There was only a bank of transformers, which the young man landed on top of.

Electricity coursed through his body, stopping his heart instantly. As the transformers overloaded, they arced, catching the young man's clothing on fire and searing his flesh. The bikers watched, dumbfounded at the spectacle until other substation components began to short and catch fire. Breakers and switches sparked, arresters and transformers caught fire. A deafening explosion rocked the substation as the power went out on one side of town.

Amused by their handiwork, the gang rode off into the night. Minutes later, emergency service workers flooded the scene. When the blaze subsided, there wasn't much left of the young man to identify him. His skin burnt to a crisp and his features distorted by the shock and the blaze, the EMT's doubted he could be identified at all. Then they noticed something- his socks.

Only one person in town wore socks like that...

---------------------------------------------------------------

MOVINGPICTURES07 was killed by Toecutter's gang.

It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Re: MAD MAX: Day 5

Post by G-Man »

My apologies for yet another late post. Running the kids around for trick-or-treat took longer than anticipated and I had a sick little lady bug who would only fall asleep in daddy's arms.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Not dead. Now I have to read.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Gonna vote for Glorfindel
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well that kill helps. No offense to MP of course, it just prevents a lot of distraction and maybe a mislynch.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Well that kill helps. No offense to MP of course, it just prevents a lot of distraction and maybe a mislynch.
I died Night 1. You're still alive.

Huh.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Well that kill helps. No offense to MP of course, it just prevents a lot of distraction and maybe a mislynch.

Huh.
They sure tried to kill me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Huh.
They sure tried to kill me.
Well then.

I'm sure going to shut up until I have read through the thread.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

I just would like to sincerely apologise to you all for my absence (or sporadic presence) so far this game. Regrettably, other matters have impeded my ability to fully engage with this game but I trust I'll have some time now - for the next few days at least to contribute a bit more.

On an unrelated note:

G, could I please ask that you apply a classification scheme to your write-ups in future? Kinda like NSG (Not suitable for Glorfindels) or something? I totally get now that they reflect the tone and content of the movies but I still find them a trifle gruesome :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that was unexpected.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

That was an odd choice of nightkill. Sorry for suspecting you off and on, MP. And thanks for all the juicy content.

My vote is going to beginnthe day on Wilgy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am not reading 50 pages. I have two jobs and both involve computer screens.

I'm going to read the host posts and whatever you tell me is important.

Summarize for me, with links if you would like.

I will judge you each based on that. Go. Fresh mind. Blah blah blah.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:I am not reading 50 pages. I have two jobs and both involve computer screens.

i think indiglo is bad, i think i was wrong about inh and mp, and i don't feel great about lorab
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

INH is either Silvertongue and useless or someone really trusts him. I've never known anybody to trust INH.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mac is making me nervous.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Mac is making me nervous.
How so?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:I am not reading 50 pages. I have two jobs and both involve computer screens.

This is why I'm voting for Wilgy, if that's something you're interested in.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:=
Shifting down from my strong town reads to my moderate town reads now, Mac and Sloonei fell down from strong town reads, whereas LoRab has remained. Dom has moved up from a slight town read to a moderate town read. I am a bit confused by Sloonei's flip-flopping on me and LoRab, and there is a little part of my gut that, in reading his d4 content, has perhaps started to tinfoil a bit on him. This is because I am beginning to see more manipulative potential in Sloonei's ever-shifting suspect list, suspecting me when it seems my propensity to be lynched is higher, switching away from LoRab to INH in conjunction with turning tides, etc., but I call it a tinfoil because it is difficult to justify this train of thought given his consistently enormous and otherwise genuine contributions to the game.
MP is gone but I'd still like to respond to this in case anyone else is feeling the same way. I'll freely admit to flip-flopping. I do it sometimes. Everyone does it sometimes. We can never trust our reads with 100% certainty, and I'm especially keen on chucking my early game reads completely out the window if I feel like they're off the mark, as is the case more often than not. As for the notion that I'm being "manipulative" "shifting my suspect list" when the opportunity presents itself, I'd say that the first two cases he's referencing here (INH and LoRab) were cases that I started personally. Tides were not turning when I hopped on either of those cases and I was not opportunistically latching onto a pre-existing case. I formed my own suspicions and pursued them. Other people agreed or pretended to agree with me. They're the ones you want, not me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

righty-o
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

motel room wrote:righty-o
who you gonna vote for, champ?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
How so?
My participation has dropped which is similar to what happened in romance but it is because i am sleeping all day due to the flu.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
How so?
My participation has dropped which is similar to what happened in romance but it is because i am sleeping all day due to the flu.
Let's all vote to lynch the flu. The flu sucks.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

If anyone is remotely interested in my thoughts, I might start here:

Sloonei: Looked good from the very beginning to me and is one of the few players with whom I've found myself most in agreement in terms of his analysis of our fellow players for a large part of the game. I haven't at any point found reason to question my judgement in this regard In terms of his performance. Contrary to MP's assessment, I don't find Sloonei manipulative at all and I find his comments so far this game to be genuine attempts at seeking the truth.

Day/Night 1.1 After a couple of innocuous introductory posts, he makes off-handed contributions to the Rico/Mac conflagration that consumed Day 1.
1.2 Raises his concern at comments made by INH in response to a post from Epi1.0 on Rico/Mac here and then places his vote on INH.
1.3 Makes an unsolicited reply to a 3J post praising Sloonei's performance in the game so far.
1.4 In response to a post from INH (referred to above in 1.2) querying his comments, MH justifies his concerns on the basis of 'vibes'.
1.5 In this post, the late MP appraises Motel Room's performance in the game and for what it's worth, I think the assessment was both accurate and insightful.

Day/Night 2.1 Questions the legitimacy of DrWilgy's Day 1 nomination of Rico with Mac as a team mate being his principal Mafia reads when his voting mirrored that of Mac's.
2.2 Accuses Rico of being Mafia on the basis of his change of approach for wanting to lynch Mac on Day 1.
2.3 Initial reads and states that he's still perplexed by Rico's behaviour and nominates INH, MP and LoRab as likely Mafia candidates. Offers no opinion on Elohcin but given her rise to prominence, states that he needs to consider her.
2.4 Votes INH.
2.5 Here Motel Room (MR) queries Mac on why he so strongly reads INH as Town and indicates that the view doesn't align with his assessment of INH's alignment and subsequently blatantly asserts Mac's description of INH's wagon as a 'savewagon'.

2.6 Here we have another confrontation with INH on the basis of INH demanding justification for MR's stance on him.
2.7 Votes Rico
2.8 Late in the Day MR changes his vote from Rico to Elohcin and then back to INH and then defends again against INH here.

Day/Night 3.1 In this post, he defends his vote the previous day against questioning by Sloonei and Dom. Mac also reads him solid Town in the embedded post.
3.2 Responds to 3J's ISO on him (where 3J concludes that his vote the previous day had "at least some bus potential"). His response is cool and reasoned stating that his opinion of LoRab's Mafia alignment had cooled and that he still held suspicions against INH.
3.3 Exonerates LoRab here
3.4 Defends against light weight suspicions from Zeb's rainbow list and disputes her reasoning for his place on her list.
3.5 Day 3 GTH reads: Good: Quin, Sloonei, Glorfindel, LoRab, Indiglo, 3J, Mac, MP, DrWigley, and bad: Dom, Sprityo, Zebs and INH.

3.6 Prompted by his GTH read, a protracted argument ensues between MR and Zebs in which MR seems to end up convinced of Zebs guilt.
3.7 Indicates in a post directed towards INH that he is not happy with either his language or tone and subsequently places his vote on him.

Day/Night 4.1 Kudos from 3J on his pick-up in this post.
4.2 Contributes to a 3J assessment of Elohcin's comment on a relationship between alignment and host player replacement priority.
4.3 Queries Glorfindel on his posting style (well, what the HELL is new... :haha: )
4.4 Queries Scotty on his enquiry about Dr Wilgy's votes.
4.5 Questions Indiglo over her frustration and being perceived as Mafia

4.6 Once again, engages with INH asking whether he has any Mafia suspicions other than Glorfindel
4.7 Indicates interest in voting Indiglo or Scotty 2.0
4.8 Queries INH on his assertion that Indiglo is "spooky/scary" who he identifies as INH never having mentioned previously.
4.9 Discusses with Scotty 2.0 a potential relationship based on similar voting patterns between Elohcin and DrWilgy.
4.10 An apparently delayed 'over the bow' shot at Zebs for a remark she made regarding rainbow posting theory.

4.11 States that he doesn't like DrWilgy, Scotty or Indiglo and raises questions about Scotty not voting for INH or Indiglo
4.12 EoD tie debacle remarks.

My verdict here is a fairly solid Town read on MR based on his posts above. I can't say I necessarily see his perspective in regard to his judgements on a number of players but it appears he was correct about MP when there were accusations being thrown around about him. I still believe his suspicions on INH are justified (even if there is a chance that they're wrong). I think (as I've suggested earlier) there is some foundation for those suspicions and no, I don't agree with the camp that believes INH was Silvertongue. I cannot see his reaction on Day 4 aligning to him being that role.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

My apologies - the ISO above that followed my comments about Sloonei above represent my assessment of Motel Room :(

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That last paragraph is fairly waffly Glorf. You didn't just make that huge post to make yourself look civvie did you?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:If anyone is remotely interested in my thoughts, I might start here:

Sloonei: Looked good from the very beginning to me and is one of the few players with whom I've found myself most in agreement in terms of his analysis of our fellow players for a large part of the game. I haven't at any point found reason to question my judgement in this regard In terms of his performance. Contrary to MP's assessment, I don't find Sloonei manipulative at all and I find his comments so far this game to be genuine attempts at seeking the truth.

Day/Night 1.1 After a couple of innocuous introductory posts, he makes off-handed contributions to the Rico/Mac conflagration that consumed Day 1.
1.2 Raises his concern at comments made by INH in response to a post from Epi1.0 on Rico/Mac here and then places his vote on INH.
1.3 Makes an unsolicited reply to a 3J post praising Sloonei's performance in the game so far.
1.4 In response to a post from INH (referred to above in 1.2) querying his comments, MH justifies his concerns on the basis of 'vibes'.
1.5 In this post, the late MP appraises Motel Room's performance in the game and for what it's worth, I think the assessment was both accurate and insightful.

Day/Night 2.1 Questions the legitimacy of DrWilgy's Day 1 nomination of Rico with Mac as a team mate being his principal Mafia reads when his voting mirrored that of Mac's.
2.2 Accuses Rico of being Mafia on the basis of his change of approach for wanting to lynch Mac on Day 1.
2.3 Initial reads and states that he's still perplexed by Rico's behaviour and nominates INH, MP and LoRab as likely Mafia candidates. Offers no opinion on Elohcin but given her rise to prominence, states that he needs to consider her.
2.4 Votes INH.
2.5 Here Motel Room (MR) queries Mac on why he so strongly reads INH as Town and indicates that the view doesn't align with his assessment of INH's alignment and subsequently blatantly asserts Mac's description of INH's wagon as a 'savewagon'.

2.6 Here we have another confrontation with INH on the basis of INH demanding justification for MR's stance on him.
2.7 Votes Rico
2.8 Late in the Day MR changes his vote from Rico to Elohcin and then back to INH and then defends again against INH here.

Day/Night 3.1 In this post, he defends his vote the previous day against questioning by Sloonei and Dom. Mac also reads him solid Town in the embedded post.
3.2 Responds to 3J's ISO on him (where 3J concludes that his vote the previous day had "at least some bus potential"). His response is cool and reasoned stating that his opinion of LoRab's Mafia alignment had cooled and that he still held suspicions against INH.
3.3 Exonerates LoRab here
3.4 Defends against light weight suspicions from Zeb's rainbow list and disputes her reasoning for his place on her list.
3.5 Day 3 GTH reads: Good: Quin, Sloonei, Glorfindel, LoRab, Indiglo, 3J, Mac, MP, DrWigley, and bad: Dom, Sprityo, Zebs and INH.

3.6 Prompted by his GTH read, a protracted argument ensues between MR and Zebs in which MR seems to end up convinced of Zebs guilt.
3.7 Indicates in a post directed towards INH that he is not happy with either his language or tone and subsequently places his vote on him.

Day/Night 4.1 Kudos from 3J on his pick-up in this post.
4.2 Contributes to a 3J assessment of Elohcin's comment on a relationship between alignment and host player replacement priority.
4.3 Queries Glorfindel on his posting style (well, what the HELL is new... :haha: )
4.4 Queries Scotty on his enquiry about Dr Wilgy's votes.
4.5 Questions Indiglo over her frustration and being perceived as Mafia

4.6 Once again, engages with INH asking whether he has any Mafia suspicions other than Glorfindel
4.7 Indicates interest in voting Indiglo or Scotty 2.0
4.8 Queries INH on his assertion that Indiglo is "spooky/scary" who he identifies as INH never having mentioned previously.
4.9 Discusses with Scotty 2.0 a potential relationship based on similar voting patterns between Elohcin and DrWilgy.
4.10 An apparently delayed 'over the bow' shot at Zebs for a remark she made regarding rainbow posting theory.

4.11 States that he doesn't like DrWilgy, Scotty or Indiglo and raises questions about Scotty not voting for INH or Indiglo
4.12 EoD tie debacle remarks.

My verdict here is a fairly solid Town read on MR based on his posts above. I can't say I necessarily see his perspective in regard to his judgements on a number of players but it appears he was correct about MP when there were accusations being thrown around about him. I still believe his suspicions on INH are justified (even if there is a chance that they're wrong). I think (as I've suggested earlier) there is some foundation for those suspicions and no, I don't agree with the camp that believes INH was Silvertongue. I cannot see his reaction on Day 4 aligning to him being that role.
I notice that the conclusion you've drawn from this ISO is almost entirely specific to INH and a now-dead guy. It's also about your own opinion of INH as opposed to an evaluation of your read on motel room based on his INH related content. I think you wanted to make a point about INH but wanted to feign some sort of context behind it. I am concerned.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Motel Room is not dead.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:Motel Room is not dead.
His ISO is about motel room, not Sloonei.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:That last paragraph is fairly waffly Glorf. You didn't just make that huge post to make yourself look civvie did you?
My most sincere apologies for my lack of clarity, my friend. Please allow me to clarify; I think motel room is Town, I don't share that view of INH.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:
Who is the now dead guy you refer to?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That last paragraph is fairly waffly Glorf. You didn't just make that huge post to make yourself look civvie did you?
My most sincere apologies for my lack of clarity, my friend. Please allow me to clarify; I think motel room is Town, I don't share that view of INH.
How is INH alive if he isn't Silvertongue who saved himself?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:
MP.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:
MP.
Ok gotcha. I agree the post looks a fake.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote:I notice that the conclusion you've drawn from this ISO is almost entirely specific to INH and a now-dead guy. It's also about your own opinion of INH as opposed to an evaluation of your read on motel room based on his INH related content. I think you wanted to make a point about INH but wanted to feign some sort of context behind it. I am concerned.
Again, my apologies if my post appeared that way, my friend. This is only my second attempt at this level of analysis (you may recall my first was last game in Romance of the Three Kingdoms after which I was promptly NK'd by MacDougall) and I guess I still have some work to do in honing that skill. To clarify, I found motel room's tone to be genuine throughout. I think the conclusions he draws are often logical and he has shown a capacity to be open to being proven wrong such as was his experience with LoRab. I think that also (to an extent) gives credence to his reasons for his multiple vote change at EoD on Day 2 that seemed to draw a number of suspicions from other players.

Further, my approach to this analysis was (I'd like to think) fairly organic. I selected Sloonei and motel room because they were on when I commenced that post. I had an open mind on MR when I started writing it and I'll admit, the deeper the theme of INH went, I suppose it hooked into my feelings and thoughts on that topic as well. I do still harbour suspicions of INH but I agree with you, that content wasn't particularly relèvent to the point I was trying to make in respect of MR and I should've probably omitted it.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay but why did you arbitrarily choose those two guys and not players you already were suspicious of to dedicate so much attention to?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:
Quin wrote:I notice that the conclusion you've drawn from this ISO is almost entirely specific to INH and a now-dead guy. It's also about your own opinion of INH as opposed to an evaluation of your read on motel room based on his INH related content. I think you wanted to make a point about INH but wanted to feign some sort of context behind it. I am concerned.
Again, my apologies if my post appeared that way, my friend. This is only my second attempt at this level of analysis (you may recall my first was last game in Romance of the Three Kingdoms after which I was promptly NK'd by MacDougall) and I guess I still have some work to do in honing that skill. To clarify, I found motel room's tone to be genuine throughout. I think the conclusions he draws are often logical and he has shown a capacity to be open to being proven wrong such as was his experience with LoRab. I think that also (to an extent) gives credence to his reasons for his multiple vote change at EoD on Day 2 that seemed to draw a number of suspicions from other players.

Further, my approach to this analysis was (I'd like to think) fairly organic. I selected Sloonei and motel room because they were on when I commenced that post. I had an open mind on MR when I started writing it and I'll admit, the deeper the theme of INH went, I suppose it hooked into my feelings and thoughts on that topic as well. I do still harbour suspicions of INH but I agree with you, that content wasn't particularly relèvent to the point I was trying to make in respect of MR and I should've probably omitted it.
This is insight I would have expected in your original post. I guess I appreciate it now, if less so. I think the rest of this post is overcompensation. Not sure how to read that.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
What evidence have you that he did? There are 12 other players left in this game and anyone of them (more likely not the five that voted for him) could've made that call. Personally, I'd think his reaction earlier in the Day would suggest that he was not Silvertongue as I cannot see any logical correlation between his role and his reaction. Please don't get me wrong, I am genuinely concerned about the guy but no, I don't think he was Silvertongue. I'd also point out that the use of the pardon ability on himself was not automatic (meaning that he would still have to have notified the host of his intention to apply it) and he wasn't anywhere around for ages before the EoD which again, suggests to me that it was another player who pardoned him.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like 'because they were online' is not a good reason at this juncture. If you want to contribute you should be analysing the isos of those you were suspicious of, especially as your first major contribution. It makes me feel like you don't really have any suspicions, which would make your previous read of INH fabricated.

I think you contributed to saving indiglo too. Your eod posts were nervy as fuck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
What evidence have you that he did? There are 12 other players left in this game and anyone of them (more likely not the five that voted for him) could've made that call. Personally, I'd think his reaction earlier in the Day would suggest that he was not Silvertongue as I cannot see any logical correlation between his role and his reaction. Please don't get me wrong, I am genuinely concerned about the guy but no, I don't think he was Silvertongue. I'd also point out that the use of the pardon ability on himself was not automatic (meaning that he would still have to have notified the host of his intention to apply it) and he wasn't anywhere around for ages before the EoD which again, suggests to me that it was another player who pardoned him.
Why would a player with no confirmation of INH's role save him when his role is a potential lynch pardon of him or herself later. Talk about your all time wastes.

INH also vanishing says to me than he submitted his lynch pardon and bailed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That being said, he is just as likely to be the bad guy with a similar role, but his frustration makes me lean the other way. I suppose he could have feigned it because of thay very reason.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It is interesting to note that nowhere in Glorfindel's explanation of how INH survived did he suggest he mighy be Cundalini. Probably because he knows he is not.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:Okay but why did you arbitrarily choose those two guys and not players you already were suspicious of to dedicate so much attention to?
I swear, one of these days, I learn to write far, far more ecomomically... As I said earlier today, I've been a lot more disconnected from this game until now than I would otherwise have liked. I unreservedly accept responsibility for that - balancing this game with real life is something that everyone of us has to deal with and perhaps this is another skill that I need to develop a lot more.

When I came on this afternoon, I wanted to start somewhere and it seemed like a good idea to me (as I explained in a previous post here tonight) to start with two guys who were on at the time (again, I had no idea that it would take as long as it did...).

Return to “Previous Side Missions”