Total votes: 0
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: MAD MAX: Night 1

Post by sprityo »

I mean, hopping off/on a wagon at best last moment is always fishy
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

sprityo wrote:I mean, hopping off/on a wagon at best [the] last moment is always fishy
Phone please stop messing up my sentences
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

sprityo, why you have a pizza on your head
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

Well, that was a bad lynch but it's still preferable to a no lynch because it was unavoidable. I'll take responsibility for my vote but I really think Scotty could have done a better job of defending himself to be honest. He didn't address my objection to his Glorfindel vote at all and he handled his conflict with Epi like a baddie that had already given up and was going for planting false breadcrumbs would. Just my opinion.

I'm catching up now and I'll have a larger post on the way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:zebra, why did you go from thinking something I said was disingenuous to town reading me? Can you elaborate?
I still think that what you said was disingenuous, but the rest of your content looks town enough for me to overlook it for now.
Epignosis wrote:I changed my vote to sanmateo, by the way.
Could you elaborate on this if there's any concrete reasoning behind it? Particularly why it was less than twenty minutes before the lynch?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Zebra exhibited more confidence than I'd expect to see for a Day 1 vote.
To me there's no point in not being confident with a Day 1 vote. I don't do Day 1 policy lynches so I try to find whatever I can find. Confidence in my opinion helps me evaluate my decision and it sometimes helps back my suspect into a corner. I'd rather everyone be uber-confident with little to go on with their Day 1 votes than be waffly and on the fence so there's still not much to go on the following phase.
Ricochet wrote:I see that Mac is still alive... :sigh:
This is weak yo.
insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
I second this.
Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
What's the opportunity?
The opportunity would be to deny responsibility for a mislynch by not having your final vote as a contribution to it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I thought I would have more to offer but most of that territory that I caught up with is well-covered. The only update for me as far as reads go (besides Scotty of course) is Epignosis. I don't read him as a baddie yet but removing his vote from Scotty near the end bumped him down from my civ reads.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:I thought I would have more to offer but most of that territory that I caught up with is well-covered. The only update for me as far as reads go (besides Scotty of course) is Epignosis. I don't read him as a baddie yet but removing his vote from Scotty near the end bumped him down from my civ reads.
Why?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I thought I would have more to offer but most of that territory that I caught up with is well-covered. The only update for me as far as reads go (besides Scotty of course) is Epignosis. I don't read him as a baddie yet but removing his vote from Scotty near the end bumped him down from my civ reads.
Why?
The answer is literally one post above the one you're quoting. You won't have to dig too deep.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I changed my vote to sanmateo, by the way.
Could you elaborate on this if there's any concrete reasoning behind it? Particularly why it was less than twenty minutes before the lynch?
Less than two, really.
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

What's the opportunity?
The opportunity would be to deny responsibility for a mislynch by not having your final vote as a contribution to it.
I don't see the opportunity gained there.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You were on Scotty, right?
Correct.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

It's also in the post you are quoting actually. Jumping off a mislynch right before it happens is suspicious. No mental gymnastics can deny that.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The child described in this bit is Epi right now:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You can deconstruct any suspicion or accusation by saying that you don't see why it's suspicious even after the person elaborates on it infinitely. I don't have time for it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:It's also in the post you are quoting actually. Jumping off a mislynch right before it happens is suspicious. No mental gymnastics can deny that.
So...I must have never anticipated anybody jumping on the fact that I jumped off Scotty at the last minute.

All so I can claim having no responsibility for his lynch.

Even though at the deadline I made it clear I had voted Scotty.

Got it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why?
The answer is literally one post above the one you're quoting. You won't have to dig too deep.
I would be with you on this if Scotty flipped bad. I sat and kept refreshing waiting for the hammer to drop & lynch someone else after Epi switched his vote. But Scotty wasn't bad. And even with Epi switching his vote at the last minute, we're all smart folk, and would remember that Epi pushed the Scotty suspish fairly strongly. Scotty flipping civ made me feel better about Epi, not worse.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:It's also in the post you are quoting actually. Jumping off a mislynch right before it happens is suspicious. No mental gymnastics can deny that.
So...I must have never anticipated anybody jumping on the fact that I jumped off Scotty at the last minute.

Got it.
Straight to misrepresenting my argument, classic. No, you still could and in fact would anticipate people jumping on you jumping off Scotty, and you would count on doing what you're doing now and brush it off by claiming there was nothing to gain from it, even though we all know you would be under more scrutiny for staying on the Scotty wagon because your content for the bulk of that phase pointed more towards a Rico vote. You also don't need to claim to having no responsibility for Scotty's lynch; it's just evident from your vote not being on it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why?
I would be with you on this if Scotty flipped bad. I sat and kept refreshing waiting for the hammer to drop & lynch someone else after Epi switched his vote. But Scotty wasn't bad. And even with Epi switching his vote at the last minute, we're all smart folk, and would remember that Epi pushed the Scotty suspish fairly strongly. Scotty flipping civ made me feel better about Epi, not worse.
That's utterly bizarre to me, if Scotty flipped bad I wouldn't be nearly as suspicious of Epi if he had changed his vote last-minute.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Got it.
Straight to misrepresenting my argument, classic. No, you still could and in fact would anticipate people jumping on you jumping off Scotty, and you would count on doing what you're doing now and brush it off by claiming there was nothing to gain from it, even though we all know you would be under more scrutiny for staying on the Scotty wagon because your content for the bulk of that phase pointed more towards a Rico vote. You also don't need to claim to having no responsibility for Scotty's lynch; it's just evident from your vote not being on it.
:omg:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Got it.
:omg:
As much of a captivating counter-argument as that is, I don't think you're really helping your case here.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

Epi, blink twice if your vote was forced. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to agree with Zebra that your pithy evasive non-answers are only making this one small thing into something more and more fishy.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:Epi, blink twice if your vote was forced. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to agree with Zebra that your pithy evasive non-answers are only making this one small thing into something more and more fishy.
I like fish.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Epi, blink twice if your vote was forced. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to agree with Zebra that your pithy evasive non-answers are only making this one small thing into something more and more fishy.
I like fish.
Yes, yes, the sun's not yellow, it's chicken. :rolleyes:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why?
That's utterly bizarre to me, if Scotty flipped bad I wouldn't be nearly as suspicious of Epi if he had changed his vote last-minute.
Glad to hear that my break hasn't made me lose my edge. I would be worried if you did not think me utterly bizarre :cloud9:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What do you mean by forced? On Day 1? With no public coercer role? :confused:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why?
Glad to hear that my break hasn't made me lose my edge. I would be worried if you did not think me utterly bizarre :cloud9:
Who are you most weary of at the moment?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
Yeah, I highly doubt that vote was forced.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't care about Epi's vote at the time or after Scotty's flip. I agree though that he could be handling this criticism better.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:
my thoughts exactly
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

All night power requests are now final. See you in one hour.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
my thoughts exactly
I'm just trying to think of a possible reason why Epi would switch and vote for sanmateo, and I was considering some possible outside influence that'd explain why Epi doesn't want to even begin to give a concrete reason for his Day 1 vote.

Looking at the role list now, I don't see any vote manip type stuff. But then again, I myself learned during Red V. Blue to never underestimate G-Man's propensity for crazy secret game mechanics that screw me over big time.

Do I think Epi's vote was forced? No. But I thought it was a distant possibility, like I always do when someone makes a weird vote that they emphatically refuse to elaborate on.

Also, :biggrin: @ Rico showing up in the thread, after ignoring my criticism of his Mac-centered hurlyburly, to criticize me for not making sense.

Here's that post you didn't respond to, Rico. Just in case you didn't see it.
insertnamehere wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
A baddie Rico going after Mac seems way more likely to me. Manufacturing outrage over a previous game, while starting a bus against a civ in a way that'd be hard to backfire. Purely emotional plays are hard for civilians to dispute, even when they lynch a civ.
I didn't express any "outrage" at first. I expressed a policy lynch. Of course, I had to explain context, when inquired afterwards. :shrug:
And how can this so-called "outrage" be manufactured, if it's certified to stem from a past game?

Further down your phrase:
a) how would this lynch be against a civ? Do you know Mac to be a civ? Do you think that, at any point, I said lynch Mac no matter what he is?
b) how can one "bus" a civilian?
c) how would this be "hard" to backfire? Isn't it already backfiring?
Maybe my definition of a "policy lynch" is different than yours, but just voting Mac because "Fuck Mac" is less of a policy and more cattiness.

a) Mac has done absolutely nothing to form any impression one way or the other in my mind. To me, a Mac vote would be as productive as a BWT vote. Just throwing a dart and hoping it lands. Seeing as you started your case against Mac before you could even possibly get an actual legitimate read on him, I took that to mean that you wanted to lynch Mac just on the 4/19 chance that he's a baddie which automatically means that he'll NK you, because you know Mac well enough to predict his exact baddie game in every single instance. Apparently.
b) Maybe "bus" was the wrong term; sometimes all the insider lingo and jargon of mafia gets a bit screwy in my head. I meant starting a lynch train/wagon/party/turducken against a person you know is a civilian, but doing so in a way where it won't backfire against you once his alignment is revealed.
c) By backfire, I mean that in the scenario in which Rico = Bad, and Mac = Civ, after Rico lynches Mac, Rico can point to his personal motive for targeting him and shift the blame on other more ostensibly opportunistic parties. Making completely "personal" game moves is a good smokescreen and a nice way to avoid culpability.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I didn't care about Epi's vote at the time or after Scotty's flip. I agree though that he could be handling this criticism better.
I'll expand.

His responses to INH and Zebra have been focused on whether or not his vote change was suspicious. He is contesting that it was suspicious. This strikes me as useless dialogue, because there are few scenarios which would facilitate Epignosis calling his own content suspicious. A more substantive and useful response would be to explain why he changed the vote. Elohcin asked him that question directly, and his answer was that he didn't know why he changed it; it just felt good.

I'd assert that even whimsical decisions in Mafia are motivated by something tangible. Epi: did you feel sanmateo specifically was an ideal vote? Was it more about getting off the Scotty wagon? Something else? Please explain your answer.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I didn't care about Epi's vote at the time or after Scotty's flip. I agree though that he could be handling this criticism better.
I'll expand.

His responses to INH and Zebra have been focused on whether or not his vote change was suspicious. He is contesting that it was suspicious. This strikes me as useless dialogue, because there are few scenarios which would facilitate Epignosis calling his own content suspicious. A more substantive and useful response would be to explain why he changed the vote. Elohcin asked him that question directly, and his answer was that he didn't know why he changed it; it just felt good.

I'd assert that even whimsical decisions in Mafia are motivated by something tangible. Epi: did you feel sanmateo specifically was an ideal vote? Was it more about getting off the Scotty wagon? Something else? Please explain your answer.
Nobody is an ideal vote Day 1.

Do you believe my last minute switch is an important topic going into Day 2?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Nobody is an ideal vote Day 1.

It's worth discussing. Scotty was the lynch, we know his alignment, and so anything relevant to Scotty is worth discussing.

You've still not answered the question. Your posts on this page have no function. You specifically elected to take your vote off of Scotty and then you placed it on sanmateo. You must have thus felt that sanmateo was "closer" to ideal than Scotty was as a voting option. Describe the thought process that took you there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote:Also, :biggrin: @ Rico showing up in the thread, after ignoring my criticism of his Mac-centered hurlyburly, to criticize me for not making sense.
Do the two topics need to be related? Is pointing out something in real time not admissable, unless I've covered everything in the past?

As for your reply pointed out, given its lateness in my time zone, I might have very well missed it indeed. Do you still want rebuttals on it?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Nobody is an ideal vote Day 1.

It's worth discussing. Scotty was the lynch, we know his alignment, and so anything relevant to Scotty is worth discussing.

You've still not answered the question. Your posts on this page have no function. You specifically elected to take your vote off of Scotty and then you placed it on sanmateo. You must have thus felt that sanmateo was "closer" to ideal than Scotty was as a voting option. Describe the thought process that took you there.
No.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

KICKED IN THE TEETH

Fifi Macafee held his head in his hands. Could anything else possibly go wrong today? First, a biker gang was harassing the town. Second, a trigger-happy office wasted a fellow MFP member. Third, none of his remaining officers were on the same page.

Sending everyone out solo for the night seemed like such a simple idea but it turned out to be a spectacular failure. Officers were using the wrong channels to call out to their partners, helping to reduce the chaos in the streets by exactly zero percent.

“Can any of you knuckleheads out there hear me?” he asked into his radio.

Nothing.

“Anybody at all?” he tried again.

Nothing.

“Tomorrow night I’m bringing beer,” Fifi grumbled.

------------------------------------------

In the shadows of town, Toecutter smiled. This town seemed too big to take but the bronze were falling all over themselves to hand it to them. What a wonderful turn of events.

Johnny and Cundalini were carrying on and knocked over a trash can. The noise startled a man getting into his car across the street. When the man saw the bikers in the alley, he gasped and took off in his car. Toecutter put his arms out as if he would take both of his stooges by the throat but stopped within inches from their necks.

“Boys will be boys but boys need to be more careful,” he hissed at them. “Bubba,” he said, turning to his second in command. He nodded his head toward the street. Bubba smiled and walked to his motorcycle.

It only took a minute to catch up with the fleeing man. Bubba crept up on the rear of the car. Inside, sweat poured down the man’s face as he looked in the rear-view mirror. In an instant, he made a sharp correction, as he had been drifting into the opposing lane. Bubba stayed on him like a magnet.

Panicking, the man made a fatal error by heading toward the outskirts of town. Perhaps there would be refuge and a way to lose his pursuer out by the warehouses. After a series of last-second turns, the man thought he had lost the biker. He was wrong.

Bubba’s bike flew around the next corner and pulled alongside the driver’s side door. Poor Epignosis didn’t think to sideswipe his attacker. Those sort of sensible tactics never seem to come to mind when you’re afraid for your life.

Bubba pulled out his pistol and shot Epignosis in the side of the head. His body slumped forward and slid to the right as blood oozed from his temporal lobe. The motion of his body turned the wheel of the car, steering it toward a loading ramp for one of the abandoned warehouses.

It was a spectacular crash. The car flipped, rolled, and skid to a stop on its roof. Between the broken glass and his face scraping along the asphalt, Epi’s face was made unrecognizable. Thank God for license plates.

------------------------------------------

EPIGNOSIS was killed by Toecutter’s gang.

You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by Epignosis »

:clap:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That's not how you spell Ricochet.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I guess that's a substantive answer to my question. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Also, :biggrin: @ Rico showing up in the thread, after ignoring my criticism of his Mac-centered hurlyburly, to criticize me for not making sense.
Do the two topics need to be related? Is pointing out something in real time not admissable, unless I've covered everything in the past?

As for your reply pointed out, given its lateness in my time zone, I might have very well missed it indeed. Do you still want rebuttals on it?
Yes, I would.

Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:That's not how you spell Ricochet.
Add this to the list of questions, Rico:

Does the fact that you weren't instantly nightkilled make you slightly less gung-ho about getting Mac out?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote:Yes, I would.
k
insertnamehere wrote:Mac has done absolutely nothing to form any impression one way or the other in my mind. To me, a Mac vote would be as productive as a BWT vote. Just throwing a dart and hoping it lands. Seeing as you started your case against Mac before you could even possibly get an actual legitimate read on him...
Again, we're talking a policy lynch. Not forming impressions, not making a case. I feel we're talking different languages here, just like my conversations with a few others also went, back on D1.
insertnamehere wrote: ...I took that to mean that you wanted to lynch Mac just on the 4/19 chance that he's a baddie which automatically means that he'll NK you, because you know Mac well enough to predict his exact baddie game in every single instance. Apparently.
Not so much prediction, as the motto "Imma kill everyone I hate playing/facing against" sounding like something the player in question could operate under again. Preventing this doesn't mean certainty that he would do it; it would create certainty of there being 0% chance of him doing it.
insertnamehere wrote:b) ...I meant starting a lynch train/wagon/party/turducken against a person you know is a civilian, but doing so in a way where it won't backfire against you once his alignment is revealed.
I don't see this as a valid perspective, because mafia-me doing this, with full knowledge, to civ-Mac would set me up for any sort of backfiring, if it'd work out. I could not reasonably expect this gambit to go smoothly for mafia-me, ergo I wouldn't do it at all.
insertnamehere wrote:c) By backfire, I mean that in the scenario in which Rico = Bad, and Mac = Civ, after Rico lynches Mac, Rico can point to his personal motive for targeting him and shift the blame on other more ostensibly opportunistic parties. Making completely "personal" game moves is a good smokescreen and a nice way to avoid culpability.
This, on the other hand, is a theory/profiling that has some logic to it, so good job finding a possible angle.
insertnamehere wrote:Does the fact that you weren't instantly nightkilled make you slightly less gung-ho about getting Mac out?
IIRC, you were the only who labeled me as "sure kill N1" for what I've done, so you tell me. I'm not sure how to interpret the nightkill, because I don't view things as black and white as "mafia should normally do something about the Mac-Rico relation to seed thoughts into town's head afterwards".
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I don't believe either me or Zebra called Epi mafia. We just wanted some kind of explanation for his D1 vote, and his pussyfooting around it was aggravating.

Plus, I already responded to his death here:
insertnamehere wrote:Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
There ya go.

Now onto Rico's text wall.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

You didn't explicitly accuse him, true. But you implied suspicion. And to say, yeah--i didn't really suspect him, and he was just frustrating, quite honestly, doesn't make you look all that good.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I have not seen a committed and engaged MP in a long long time, so I don't know quite how to read him at this time, but a few of his posts did have me scratching my chin a little.

This one, for instance:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and I'm tentatively feeling good about zebra as well. Her willingness to throw a vote on Scotty for a perceived :eye: moment seemed natural and not forced.

Not feeling those bad vibes from anyone just yet, but I'm sure they will come. :feb:
Polar opposite response to mine. I see no reason why zebra throwing minimal-effort poo at Scotty on Day is a town-tell.
Why is agreeing/disagreeing with you an indicator of alignment? I thought the same thing Zeebs did before I read Glorfindels post about his Mom. But if all the civvies agreed, there would be no point in playing this game. Why do you think someone is bad for not agreeing with you?
My feelings about MP had nothing to do with whether or not he agreed with me. I was just making a note that his conclusion was opposite of mine. What I was suspicious of was his very abrupt town read on Zebra. I don't think zebra did anything to earn a town read, so I don't get why MP was so eager to slap a town read on her. It didn't seem totally genuine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'll wait til the morning to get fully caught up on this thing because I'm too scatterbrained right now, but I'll probably be hovering around for a few hours if anyone has General Mafia questions for me or anything else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:You didn't explicitly accuse him, true. But you implied suspicion. And to say, yeah--i didn't really suspect him, and he was just frustrating, quite honestly, doesn't make you look all that good.
So you believe they spent Night 1 accusing Epignosis and then killed him? What's the objective?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Well I guess that takes care of my Epi suspicion.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Voting Ricochet. If anyone's here, ask me questions and I'll ask you questions back. Let's generate some content. Deal?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”