Endgame (dead/host/non/mod)
No votes

Total votes: 0
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

I don't have a lot to go by in terms of Glorf meta but I saw him struggle immensely the one time he rolled mafia and every other time his cases have been clear and his posts have been purposeful.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote:If you're going to talk about me at least have me involved in it. Or you can also look at the reply I made earlier to wilgy (I think, either him or sloonei) about that exact post that you guys quoted. I won't stand for being downplayed for trying my best to contribute. (Or at least that's how I'm precieving it)
So you are saying that there is now a rule that implies that every post one makes with a scum read must be directed at the recipient of the read?

Show me the post and if it is really as compelling a retort as you are implying I shall be swayed.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:I don't have a lot to go by in terms of Glorf meta but I saw him struggle immensely the one time he rolled mafia and every other time his cases have been clear and his posts have been purposeful.
I've never seen a scun glorf, but this is something I am interested in.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glrofindel and INH both are players who I can find reason to suspect in this game, but my experience with the two of them is a single town game each. I also still have to read Glorfindel through the lens of somebody who has priorities outside this game, so that is still complicating my reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:Confirmation bias would be parlaying a self serving policy lynch request into a real scum read. But you WOULD let that go. Since you have doubled down on defending a scum buddy trying to score wifom points.
By this logic, Rico is never allowed to find you suspicious in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't remember another game where Dom has been as quiet and unhelpful as he has been here. I remember like three of his posts. Where dat guy at?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:What is your strategy, INH?
I read the thread. If there's something odd, I point it out. If someone makes an insightful post, I say that I agree with that post, while still trying to build on top of their suspicion. If somebody does something weird, even if I lean civ on them, like I did with Epi before the Scotty reveal, I try and figure out what's going on.

I guess the reason I'm so frustrated with your case against me is because it's seemingly built on the way I play the game being inherently valueless and sketchy, instead of anything I actually did.

I've tried to point out to you that I have actually had original thoughts in my head this entire game, but you just shrug them off and call whatever posts of mine that I quote worthless and providing no critical value. At this point, I feel like I could go through my entire posting history for this game, and analyze my thought processes for every single post that I made, pointing out where I gathered every single idea I put into each sentence, and every single idea that I had, and you would just go and call my way of thinking nonsense parroting.

The post that you keep throwing in my face over and over again, pretending it says something that it doesn't, is the one I wrote immediately after Scotty was revealed to be a civilian. I stated that two people come out of that reveal looking worse for me: Elo and Epi. I didn't state that I thought they were scum, even though you say I did. I didn't state that they were the two that I think the worst of, even though you say I did.

It's easy to just shittalk the way that someone plays the game while offering little to no insight while doing so. Here's the wall of comments you made about me that prefaced my little ditty: (I'm still proud of that work of art, even though nobody else appreciated it. Maybe if I parodied a prog rock song, it'd be better received; I don't know if this is necessarily an LCD Soundsystem type of place.)
Sloonei wrote:Your analysis strikes me as being contrived and just there for the sake of appearing to work things out. I don't think the "conclusions" you draw are sincere.
Sloonei wrote:...as if your pointless little eulogy is in some way an adequate response to or analysis of Epi's death. I want you to make an effort to analyze the game...
Sloonei wrote:...I don't think that analysis is genuine, conclusive, convincing, or anything, really. It's just there. It's words.
Sloonei wrote:He doesn't appear the least bit interested in actually addressing motel room's concerns and is just paying lip service until he can move on.
Sloonei wrote:Oh, so that eulogy was your way of addressing Epi's death, so now you don't have to analyze it at all, because you already addressed it, in a way that says nothing about the game.
Sloonei wrote:INH in this game is just a hype man for other people's suspicions.
Sloonei wrote:Your post did not really bring anything new to what Epi said, so it came off as a long-winded piggybacking of somebody else's theory. Echoing his thoughts back at him, disguised as new content.

I'm also not liking the lack of effort you put into responding here. I don't think this was too difficult a thing to figure out, but your two posts here indicate a near-refusal to engage in a discussion.
This is such a worthless way to criticize someone. What do you think's going to happen? I'm gonna read this stuff and realize: Oh gee wilikers! The way I play mafia is all wrong! I've never had a single idea in my life! Thank you so much Sloonei, for pointing out my natural impotence!

The only thing I can say in response is: No, you're reading my posts wrong. Then I have to launch into a detail-orientated discussion of semantics where I retread every single one of my points to impress you.

And of course, you can just say: Nope, your posts are still worthless, and your defenses are worthless too.

The sheer arrogance in this case overshadows anything 3J's done so far. (Even though I disagree with him about Rico, and every post he's made has only dug himself into a deeper hole with me. I feel like 3J's opinions would be better received if they came directly from the silver tongue of Neil Hartley.)
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Mad Max: Polls

Post by G-Man »

DAY 1

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Okay, INH is doing that thing where he pretends other people have some kind of hyper-arrogant strategy when it's actually him who can't stop condemning people for the way they play.
Heh. The original song is about a washed up music scenester criticizing the new generation of younger hipper kids in a more-than-a-little-bit hypocritical fashion. If you don't think that I didn't see the irony with how you and others see me and that I wasn't making fun of myself just as much as I was Sloonei, then you need to think again.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

On my phone, so I can't format this neatly or pull up a bunch of quotes.
@INH

I was expecting you to read my posts and respond with more detail oriented versions of your reads, like you suggest you would be able to do. It was never my intention to criticize the way you play. And I also have not been throwing any particular post in your face "over and over" like you said. I mentioned the post in question two times: once when I first saw it, and again when I noticed you made a second post which denied the claim you had made in the original post. I think that's a pretty substantial thing to point out. Your response was to flip your lid about me changing the word "worse" to "worst". I honestly thought it was a typo on your part, but I still see no meaningful difference in the interpretation of the two words there. You were saying that Epi and Elo in particular were two people who looked bad at the end of the day, yes? And then later you claimed to have never accused Epi of being mafia. This may be technically true, but you certainly implied a suspicion, and to then go back and outright deny that certainly looks fishy to me. Do you deny that this is a reasonable thing to be suspicious of?

And the greater point of my string of posts is that you seem to be more of a follower than a leader in
THIS GAME of mafia. I do not have a sense of your overall playstyle. I just know that in THIS GAME I have seen you produce a number of posts that piggyback off of things that other people have said. It is of course very possible that you genuinely agree with all of these things. But it's also possible that you're a baddie and this is how you attempt to contribute to things. As a baddie, you are not capable of providing genuine reads. But other people are, so you can build your own false reads around the true reads of other people. I'm not criticizing you as a mindless idiot. I'm observing a possible scum strategy in your gameplay.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm also not sure how I feel about your reaction. You appear to have become extremely frustrated. In your own words this is because my case is "built on the way you play the game" rather than "anything you did." I hope my last post helps to demonstrate that this is false, and if not I hope I'm able to demonstrate it another way. I town-read you the whole way through in Red vs. Blue, if that helps. I scum read you here because I feel I may have observed you using other players as cover for yourself on Days 1 & 2.

You seem to have a town read on me. Is this true?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:I'm also not sure how I feel about your reaction. You appear to have become extremely frustrated. In your own words this is because my case is "built on the way you play the game" rather than "anything you did." I hope my last post helps to demonstrate that this is false, and if not I hope I'm able to demonstrate it another way. I town-read you the whole way through in Red vs. Blue, if that helps. I scum read you here because I feel I may have observed you using other players as cover for yourself on Days 1 & 2.

You seem to have a town read on me. Is this true?
Another thing I meant to include in this post: I have observed scum players in the past who get frustrated when they feel they are being accused for "nothing they actually did" or some variation of that thought. I've done it and expressed such frustration in games myself. So when I see you make thay claim I am reminded of those past games and grow even more wary, especially when I do feel like my case is built upon specific things you have done in this game. But other parts of your recent posts read as sincere exasperation to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll be at work for the deadline again today. I'm not compelled to change my vote at the moment, but INH's dramatic reaction to my suspicion does give me pause. His frustration looks sincere. I am just not sure what the true source of that frustration is.

I've been coming around to the idea of Mac being bad over the last 24 hours or so. sprityo and Glorfindel are also still off my radar and I wouldn't mind seeing more discussion around them. I feel better about LoRab than I did early on. Keep on figuring things out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

Yo

I'll be around for the next couple of hours, but no more than that. Have to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow to go teach to a 2nd grade brat who won't even be in the mood for me to teach him. Oh life.

Can we do something about me not getting mislynched? Don't come in later and kill me in my sleep, please, leave that duty to Mac, he enjoys doing it more. :daisy: Zebra and Mac sank their teeth in this good boi m.a.a.d. town material, I'm less sure why DrWilgy followed suit. His stuff is mostly gut this, gut that. He also seems to have adopted the Golden Philosophy in saying he's glad Epig is off his worry list by getting killed, which is kinda g.r.o.s.s.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Going out for the afternoon and evening to celebrate the fact that I've stayed alive for another year (aka my birthday) and a friend's album release--no idea how much I'll be able to check in.

I'm keeping my vote where it is.

INH's response to my asking for a reaction to Epi's death felt overly defensive, and his posts today have a cornered baddie vibe in my reading of them. He is dismissive of what has been said about him in a way that seems as if it is meant to discredit those who suspect him--the whole idea that anyone who suspects him for his posts is reading his posts wrong just doesn't sit right with me. Also, that while he seems bent on discrediting Sloonei, he falls short of accusing him--which just doesn't ring true to me if he really feels like a case is being fabricated.

Also, he keeps talking about how we should be looking at the Scotty voters, when I believe, especially early on, that mafia stay away from voting for what they know to be mislynches. It's too easy to connect them. They start the bandwagons by sowing the seeds (sorry to mix metaphors), they keep the bandwagon going, but they don't vote that way--they let the civies do that for them.

In related news, does anyone have a screen shot of the day 1 poll?

All that said, I'm really curious what INH thinks of Elo at this point.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Happy birthday, LoRab. G-Man just posted a poll thread, with the D1 results.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:Who you gonna vote for, Dom?
Probably MP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey folks, I'm still working hard on this paper, but I'll be taking a break sometime within the next hour or two to properly catch up here. Apologies for my d2 absence; it's been a really busy couple of days.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, so feeling groggy unfocused after the long day I had. I'll take a look for the next hour or so (though I expect heavy content on players like INH or LoRab), but then it's bed time. Give me Day 3 to live, brothers and sisters, and I'll make up for it. Now's not the time to witness me. Valhalla can wait.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Who you gonna vote for, Dom?
Probably MP.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey folks, I'm still working hard on this paper, but I'll be taking a break sometime within the next hour or two to properly catch up here. Apologies for my d2 absence; it's been a really busy couple of days.
Lel
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Leaving my vote where it is.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Starting my catchup now, but I may have to do it in spurts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Night 1

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:If we were to take a POE approach to this game, Jay, how would you feel about this lynch? Not sure if that makes sense but I'm trying to immerse myself more in the nuts and bolts of this method and it appears I missed out on it's employment in RvB. I guess what I want to know is: would Scotty have been considered an inevitable lynch under POE or is it impossible to tell? And where would we go from here if it was decided that Scotty was to be lynched?
"Inevitable lynch" is a strong term that I probably wouldn't employ. The concept of POE can be perceived as two separate ideas:

1. A single player judges the game roster indivdually, looking for town reads to reduce his or her own suspect pool.

2. A group of players work together to form a pseudo-consensus about who is the most trustworthy, to significantly reduce the suspect pool and strengthen their voting power.

I would say that I employed #1 with Scotty. My rainbow list functioned for that general purpose -- to determine which players I wasn't interested in lynching to help focus on the others. Scotty was an orange, and when a case developed it became a worthy choice. I wouldn't say he was incapable of getting out of that scenario if he'd lived longer. Anyone working with POE is responsible for reassessing it every time new information comes into play.

Day 1 is a little early for #2 unless there are a multiple people present who like to play that way (rarely/never the case around here).
Thanks for elaborating; this makes sense. I'd say that my d1 approach was pretty similar to #1 here as well, with a willingness to vote any of the orange players on my rainbow as well. I find this approach to be pretty compatible with what I'm comfortable with (I think it is easier to identify those I town read than mafia read, generally), so I'm going to try to use it at least to some degree in this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Night 1

Post by Tangrowth »

sprityo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
What's the opportunity?
I think "opportunity" was the wrong word to use. I think a better word to describe it is, suspicious, or, coincidental.
Did anyone else find it odd that sprityo answered this question on behalf of INH? I'm not sure what to make of it.

I apologize if this or other posts I make as I catch up have already been addressed or discussed; I'll try to keep my multi-post catch up approach to a minimum, but I do want to still respond to some things as I catch up here. I prefer that to crafting just one gigantic catch-up post, since no one will read it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

By the way, is there anyone around to discuss this Day with me in real time for the next half hour or so?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think Zebra and INH both look a bit better emerging from Night 1. To spend the night phase discussing suspicion of Epignosis with him, in a conversation that was never threatening to them, and then kill him seems rather pointless. To smear a townie that you're not interested in trying to mislynch would be a goofy decision.
I agree with this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorta
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I asked myself a question about each living player: is there anything about this person that I can say is distinctly town-inclined?

a2thezebra - sure
birdwithteeth11 - whatever
Dom - sure
DrWilgy - sure
Elohcin - no
Glorfindel - no
insertnamehere - sure
LoRab - no
MacDougall - sure
motel room - sure
MovingPictures - no
Ricochet - sure
S~V~S - sure
sanmateo - whatever
Sloonei - sure
sprityo - no

Extracting my "no" people: Elohcin, Glorfindel, LoRab, MovingPictures07, sprityo

The whatever people are wild cards until they post: birdwithteeth11, sanmateo

It's likely I'm wrong about at least one person with a "sure", but this is a starting point for my reads. The "sure" for motel room may be surprising, I'll expand shortly. Any other questions, go for it.
:sigh:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Finished LoRab, don't see much here atm. Why you suss her, Doc?

Her Day 1 seems stuck in limbo a bit, but the fact that she goes for pings instead of forming strong(er) reads is within her character. That being said, the one ping mentioned (on JJJ roleplaying) sounds a bit of an easy pick (as in being principled that "baddies could hide behind roleplaying"; yet baddies hiding, masking their play is somehow the entire premise of this game, no? at times, some baddies could well hide under the most orderly, contributive activity ever), but she didn't ultimately pedal on it or anything. Her D2 focus on INH is the kind of grip on something she didn't like and did not improve upon rebuttals that I'd also expect from her. The only worrying aspect is that I don't recall her argumenting if INH fits the profile of a baddie who would both prod and dispose during the Night of the same target. I'm not sure if this is a relevant angle for her (she only argued that it's unlikely Epig's death was sacrificial from within the mafia, which is kinda null observation), compared to going by pings, but it'd be notable to know if it would make sense at all for her.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Sorta
Hello, Mac!

What are your thoughts about today's lynch? Who is on your list to vote and why? I see you've voted Rico; are you keeping it there?

Linki w/ Rico: Hi, Rico!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rico, you have 3 votes it seems, so I presume I'll see more on those as I continue catching up here.

Whom would you most like to lynch if you had to save yourself? Regardless of saving yourself, whom would you most like to lynch today and why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What are some of your standards for being "town-inclined"?
That's a very difficult question to answer because it is dependent upon a bunch of circumstantial contexts and who is being assessed. For example, the Day 0 good vibes some of us had about S~V~S weren't really the result of a concrete, game-independent concept. The specific circumstance of her timing in the game and Epi's Day 0 voting behavior made it possible for her to show herself in a way she otherwise wouldn't be able to. If we're right about her, that is.
Sloonei wrote:The most notable thing I can take out of this is the "No" next to MP. With all the posts he's made, you couldn't find anything that inclined you toward a town read?
MP's an interesting case, because my "no" on him is the result of watching him dismantle my own prior perspectives of him. He killed it in the M12 scrimmage by outposting everyone else by a mile (as a baddie) and for the most part looking himself. He did again in the early stages of Transistor. I give MP zero credit for the quantity of his content. Instead, I have to view his posts one-by-one and constantly ask myself:

"Is this distinctly a town MP post, or can this exist for a baddie MP?" So far in this game I'm getting the latter. That doesn't mean he has to be bad, but it does mean I think he blends his meta between alignments effectively. He has a lot of content and has been involved, but there have been no S~V~S-like moments or other details like that to sway me toward a town read.
Sloonei wrote:Glorfindel is tough to read at the moment because it's never easy to judge a player who has real life matters that greatly outweigh the importance of a game.
The same goes for LoRab. One wants to give them a break, but there's really nothing about this game to make that happen that I can readily identify.
Is there anything I can do to address any of your concerns? Do you have any remaining beefs with me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei is towning this thread up. I'd be shocked if he's mafia, at least right now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hello, Mac!

What are your thoughts about today's lynch? Who is on your list to vote and why? I see you've voted Rico; are you keeping it there?

I am keeping it there unless spirityo gets votes. Rico is a preferable lynch to INH who I am strongly reading civ, but since my spirityo read is without potential emotional interference on my part I trust it more than my Rico read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't really understand why Rico has 3 votes, yet all of those votes were already cast by the time I have caught up. Someone help?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hello, Mac!

I am keeping it there unless spirityo gets votes. Rico is a preferable lynch to INH who I am strongly reading civ, but since my spirityo read is without potential emotional interference on my part I trust it more than my Rico read.
Why do you find a sprityo lynch desirable?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rico, you have 3 votes it seems, so I presume I'll see more on those as I continue catching up here.

Whom would you most like to lynch if you had to save yourself? Regardless of saving yourself, whom would you most like to lynch today and why?
If I'd have to save myself, I would vote for the player in the counter-wagon. (Although that won't help me one bit at the moment.)

I dunno in regard to your second question, both because I'm outta here in 20 minutes, so I'll probably self-prez, and because I looked at some players without finding many spots.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei is towning this thread up. I'd be shocked if he's mafia, at least right now.
The only thing annoying me is how he has managed to slowly find a Mafia read of me, give no reason and after I gut Mafia read him for no reason which he criticised.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hello, Mac!

You say you read the thread yeah?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:I had a look through MP's posts and saw he lists INH as an orange read at the bottom of his rainbow, but I've not seen a reason why. I am interested in a reason why.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rainbow #2

a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
motel room
Sloonei
S~V~S

LoRab
Neil Hartley

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Ricochet
Scotty

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
sprityo
Sorry, I should have specified that the ranking within each category in my rainbow currently (at that time, anyway, until I update it) has no meaning. But yeah, on why he was an orange dude for d1, I didn't see any particular reason to town read him; his thoughts regarding Rico/Mac and other situations mirrored others' thoughts on the matter.

He's looking a bit better to me based on n1 and d2 content so far. I'll throw down an updated rainbow at some point here once I'm caught up and can mull over this new content.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei is towning this thread up. I'd be shocked if he's mafia, at least right now.
The only thing annoying me is how he has managed to slowly find a Mafia read of me, give no reason and after I gut Mafia read him for no reason which he criticised.
I'll have to look into this.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hello, Mac!

You say you read the thread yeah?
Sorry, maybe I haven't read somewhere where you've elaborated on this, but I wanted to make sure I got an answer from you now in the event that you left the thread and I didn't find any elaboration.

I haven't read the entire thread yet; I'm trying to catch up right now, and I'm in the midst of d2 stuff. For d1 I intently read everything. Right now admittedly I'm half-skimming half-reading, just in the interest of getting caught up in time since you all made a decent amount of posts.

I'd say so far I don't have any reason to move sprityo out of my orange reads, and he's still a contender for my vote today (pending new information and assessment, of course), so that's why I was particularly interested in what you had to say about him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote:If you're going to talk about me at least have me involved in it. Or you can also look at the reply I made earlier to wilgy (I think, either him or sloonei) about that exact post that you guys quoted. I won't stand for being downplayed for trying my best to contribute. (Or at least that's how I'm precieving it)
Naw, I didn't mean it that way. I'd always encourage you to participate and contribute whatever you may. Any post made though can be interpreted however, including silly jokes like that one. I wouldn't feel confident voting for you based on that single thing. My larger concerns are that you've seemed only sporadically engaged, to the point of being sprinkled into a few discussions without really making waves. I'm also put off by your paranoia of my roleplay, because it's such an easy thing to pretend about.

I'll look at your ISO again and see how I feel.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
Funny thing is...I'm still confused by the whole Neil Hartley thing.

@ Zebra - No offense taken. I was confused. Someone mentioned he was roleplaying. So I said I knew nothing of MadMax and then someone else said it had nothing to do with MadMax. THAT is confusing to me.

This is as far as I am getting at the moment. I still have almost two pages to read. I'll be back in a while.[/quote]

I'm finding Elo incredibly uninterested in this game, and despite that being potentially due to trying to catch up in a thread when you're behind in posts, that still is perplexing to me -- especially since she has been consistently uninterested for the entire game.

Elo is the player right now for which I see the smallest semblance of townie spark, which is nothing. sprityo is a close second place. birdwithteeth and sanmateo notwithstanding, of course.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ouch, quote fail.

Hello, Jay! You around for a little while?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Ouch, quote fail.

Yeah I suppose so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Potentially controversial opinion: INH and Rico are currently my two strongest town reads based on tone.

Looking at the tally, that leaves me in an undesirable situation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ouch, quote fail.

Yeah I suppose so.
What's going on? You got a rainbow for me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm just going to say this: Ricochet might be my top town read. I don't understand the suspicion of him at all. It's a square circle.
I have to agree with JJJ here. I don;t see the Rico suspicion's value.

However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.

What is it about JJJ's assessment that you agree with? Let me know what you're thinking about Rico specifically.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Why is it I'm always in this thread when most others aren't?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”