Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by fingersplints »

So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
ALARM BELLS.

You are my new suspect.

Will elaborate fully when I don't have only like 2 minutes away from class.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:pirate: I be a pirate marmot.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.

ALARM BELLS.

You are my new suspect.

" no u"

Lol alright MP
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints, do you have anything to say or any reads on the newer members of the Syndicate?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

The other thing that bothered me about MP was his line about TinyBubbles setting off "ALARM BELLS OF RAGE" for wanting to randomize despite that a lot has happened. Not that much has happened tbh. Some of these long posts are long for the sake of being long tbh
Why is it that crazy for a new person to want to randomize that it would make you rage? That bit seemed weird and forced

Linki - I gotta reread them one at a time. Those guys were mashing together for me a bit there. I don't do well with walls of text :p I'm not surprised by their reads although I don't agree seem to agree with most of them.
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Still catching up from last night, but my opinion of Epig is currently "WTF?!" with him going after MP for RL stuff happening. I believe MP in that he was distracted from some of his academic endeavors last night and was spending more time in this thread, thus leading to some of his quicker responses. Still catching up and then will post more.

Also hoping I eventually get to a response from MM about his drive-by vote for Golden.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think MP would be a terrible lynch and i think the case against him is mostly crap.

Let's lynch Epi or Bass. Unite under my banner.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:RL stuff should be off limits as far as gameplay goes.
Golden wrote:I really am simply having trouble keeping up while being extremely busy doing many things. I have had long days and not many nights at home this week. Boss resigned, more work. Pastor resigned, more preaching. Wife becomes a manager, has to deal with her first employee warning, needs some of my time and attention, plus yesterday I spent more of my time finalising my BSG game to submit in the poll than reading the game. You'll see me get more 'golden-like' (by which I assume he means fierce) when I see something I think looks bad.
Off-limits, you say?
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:If MovingPictures07 felt that it should be off-limits, he should have said so.
I'm just frustrated with ridiculata contributing to lynches of people like MP and you for that matter. I think Epi knows better than to push the buttons he pushed right then. As far as "what academic paper are you reading" goes... it's just an unhelpful question and exactly what I'm calling out by the term 'wall of text'.

Perhaps I don't really mean off-limits off-limits. But I think it was calculated to send MP to the brink, and I don't like the vibe of that calculation.
MovingPictures07, who, as a Weasel, posted these in Roger Rabbit:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ugh, WTF. Guys! I swear it's not me! I have no idea where this is coming from, but clearly someone is being fooled HARD and it's not by me. I haven't been around as much because I've been much busier, and I've contributed to this game in every possible way I can. I don't know what's going on, but I sent a message to Sophie last night, believing her chances to be BH to be substantial, so if this has to do with some detective work, then all of you are wrong. I can't believe you didn't even wait to hear back from me first before just voting; that's absolutely ridiculous and convinces me that either Canuck or splints are pulling a baddie move. The fact that one of you could be the real baddie and kept me around long enough for this explicit purpose is just alarming to me.

I'm tempted to vote Canuck, but I don't know what to do. I have homework I absolutely HAVE to get done this morning, so this is literally all the reply I can conduct for now. I have been busy with Smashfest and spending every bit I can with Daisy because she's been in town for the weekend, and I'm struggling to catch up on homework due to my midterm this past Wednesday. Will someone please actually let me defend myself? What the hell is the point of early voting?

This is so frustrating. :(
In that game MP said "this is literally all the reply I can conduct for now" (because of real life obligations), but he posts several more times after this. That means he deceptively uses real life to garner sympathy, even if he claims he won't do that.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, that was a weird catchup. I will admit to still being mentally and emotionally overexhausted due to recent events in my life all around (hosting Death Note, starting a new game, microeconomic theory midterm, being away from my fiance, and just other PhD work in general), so don't expect any amazing revelations from me, but nonetheless I do have some thoughts.
MP, who fakes emotional breakdowns, who excuses himself using real life, who brags often about switching a lynch to himself to score the win in WWE...

...won't lie about real life?

And I'm suspicious for putting him under a microscope?

You a damn fool.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:this might be called a slight backtrack. he doesn't understand TH's methods but grants some degree of validity to the assertion that he is off-meta in this game. i wouldn't know either way about his meta. this is a very minor ping if a ping at all though.
Off-perception of my meta. I don't think the idea that I'm off-meta is accurate, but I can at least understand that people find the games when I'm loudest most memorable, and I don't think genuinely perceiving me that way is unusual.

I'm glad to see TH is here. I want him to respond to some of the points I've made.
I know I have only played one game with you, but I think you are acting more reserved this game for sure. And, I do like TH's case on you so far.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
it's important i think that MP has ranked DDL as his #1 town read (more than once). he hasn't just defended DDL blankly with very vague comments like Bass and others did. he made a bold Day 1 assertion that the thread's Public Enemy #1 was his biggest town read. and those of you who criticized MP for raising the possibility of a WIFOM gambit re: G-Man, i ask this:

what does a mafia MP07 gain from taking this strong town stance on DDL throughout this phase? it's an important distinction -- vague or soft defenses are legitimately suspicious, but MP's hasn't been that at all. one might assert that he is protecting a mafia team mate, but then the theory immediately becomes more far-fetched (because two players are being called mafia together before either of them has flipped). if someone feels MP OR DDL is mafia, then that player must grant that a mafia MP would then be making every effort to prevent the lynch of a townie on Day 1. and that would be definitive WIFOM.
Maybe the "new MP" is the kind of player that unreservedly defends his partners on day 1 instead of throwing them under the bus on day 1 like he used to :p

I have seen Epi catch people on timing issues/RL lies before. I have seen players lie to me about RL issues and lie to the thread about RL issues. IN BTSC in other games, I have been encouraged to lie about RL issues in order to make myself appear more civ. I do think that is wrong. Unlike Epi, I will bring up RL. I can't separate it so easily. I love my family, my kids, and I want to share them with whoever will care to listen. BUT, I will not lie about them or my RL issues in order to appear more civ. Okay...off my soap box. So I do think Epi could be on to something. And b/c of that, maybe I was onto something too with MP's cheerful attitude. Maybe he was very excited to be a baddie in his first game back on the syndicate :p
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I want to vote either DDL or MP at this juncture.

However, I would like to know

what the other players are thinking about these two.

:daisy:
I think you shanked MP.

I actually think he could be bad, but I'm not going to vote for him after that. I think I'll likely vote for you, your attitude reminds me a lot of the way you took to Blindfaeth in keeler.

RL stuff should be off limits as far as gameplay goes.
I don't understand. You think MP is bad but won't vote for him because Epi called him a liar?
And then that last quote there. I think I would be okay voting Golden or MP today.
Sloonei wrote: Most of this site's regulars have been, unfortunately, blending together for me so far, though I'm starting to get better at distinguishing y'all individually. I'm sure you're all having the same trouble with us newbies. It's hard to learn new names and personalities while also trying to decide which of those are honest or not. BUT right now I think my top suspects are Bass_the_Clever, Elohcin, and Golden (roughly in that order), but nothing feels too firm at the moment.
You say this, but you give no reasons as to why you think I could be bad. I understand how you can be having a hard time distinguishing between those of us that are new to you, but I think it is telling that you are only eyeing those of us that are new to you. What I am saying is.....I think you are jumping the gun. I think you are eyeing us just b/c you don't know. I encourage you to take your time and read more of what I have to say before throwing my name into the mix just b/c you don't know me. FWIW, this does not make me eye you.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:Image

:D
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:Image

:D

:ponder:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:clap:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Gman thinks Elo should hit Epi with that paddle? :O
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

fingersplints wrote:Gman thinks Elo should hit Epi with that paddle? :O
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Hmmmmm....

Cop out much with MP? :ponder:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. Here's where I currently stand...

- On the whole MP vs. Epig thing, I'm leaning more towards MP being civvie and Epig being bad. I know Epig tends to really go after a tip-off he sees, and sometimes makes mountains out of molehills, but I don't have any reason to not believe MP on the RL stuff. He tends to multitask a lot it seems when he is mafia-ing, and all the reasons he gave strike me as genuine. Epig going after him for that RL stuff might be enough for a Day 1 vote for me.

- I'm not seeing the case on Golden at all. I know Turnip Head mentioned him contradicting the whole meta vs. non-meta aspects of Golden, which seems to be TH's main reason for voting him (I think?). Feel free to correct me if I'm interpreting you wrong, TH, but that's how it felt to me.

- I agree with sloonei on Bass. The DDL part of it strikes me as the oddest. It was a fairly substantial aspect earlier in the thread, and enough for me to look at DDL as well. So either Bass hasn't read the thread well enough or he's aware of something we aren't and is hiding it. Him asking MM about the "Syndicate regulas" and his blanket statement about MP don't seem that suspicious by themselves. But when thrown together and with the first statement/thought, and given MP really had to prod Bass earlier to get a definitive statement of some kind, I'm looking hard at Bass right now.

I will have to vote in a couple of hours. Unless something changes drastically, I will be voting for either Bass, Epig, or DDL.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Still catching up from last night, but my opinion of Epig is currently "WTF?!" with him going after MP for RL stuff happening. I believe MP in that he was distracted from some of his academic endeavors last night and was spending more time in this thread, thus leading to some of his quicker responses. Still catching up and then will post more.

Also hoping I eventually get to a response from MM about his drive-by vote for Golden.
My reason was with my vote. :confused:

I don't know what you (or anyone else) is looking for.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Hmmmmm....

How is that a cop out? There are plenty of other players I am not decided on, but they aren't being talked about. MP was, so I commented that what was the current suspicions being raised about him aren't what I find the most suspicious from him.
Gro-oo-ovy
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

fingersplints wrote:Gman thinks Elo should hit Epi with that paddle? :O
:haha:

We're not really into that stuff :P

Also, I know we are talking ELO, but I think this song fits me better

Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

fingersplints wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Hmmmmm....

How is that a cop out? There are plenty of other players I am not decided on, but they aren't being talked about. MP was, so I commented that what was the current suspicions being raised about him aren't what I find the most suspicious from him.
I meant it was a cop out because it seems like you're covering your tracks if you decide not to vote for him, or do and he flips civ.

Much like BR did. :D
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Nah, if he flips civ then I will probably have voted him, so not many tracks covered there :p
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

fingersplints wrote:BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
Why do you find this behavior suspicious? I thought it was an honest and simple attempt at clarification by BR.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Might be my only chance to vote at work before the deadline.

Voting for Bass_the_Clever
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei, you asked how to link posts? Sorry I missed it earlier. Just click the "Re: Death and Taxes" part of a post and it'll give you the URL, then you can copy and paste that into your reply. I hope that's what you meant.

I'm running out of time, but still want to post my current Rainbow List, so it's coming, but it'll seem a bit rushed perhaps.
thank you, yes that's what i wanted
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by sanmateo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Might be my only chance to vote at work before the deadline.

why them over elohcin or epi?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote: Most of this site's regulars have been, unfortunately, blending together for me so far, though I'm starting to get better at distinguishing y'all individually. I'm sure you're all having the same trouble with us newbies. It's hard to learn new names and personalities while also trying to decide which of those are honest or not. BUT right now I think my top suspects are Bass_the_Clever, Elohcin, and Golden (roughly in that order), but nothing feels too firm at the moment.
You say this, but you give no reasons as to why you think I could be bad. I understand how you can be having a hard time distinguishing between those of us that are new to you, but I think it is telling that you are only eyeing those of us that are new to you. What I am saying is.....I think you are jumping the gun. I think you are eyeing us just b/c you don't know. I encourage you to take your time and read more of what I have to say before throwing my name into the mix just b/c you don't know me. FWIW, this does not make me eye you.
I do have some reasons, and imll point to them later. But I also think what you said could very well be true. I'm working much harder to developmreads on you guys because a) I'm familar with the players I know and don't need to work as hard, and B) I want to develop a sense of who each player is individually as fast as I can.
I liked this response and it gave you townie points in my book, for what it's worth.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sanmateo wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Might be my only chance to vote at work before the deadline.

I have less conviction for my suspicion of Eloh than the other two. With Epi i can at least ask myself "is it necessary for mafia Epi to carry on this much to get a townie lynched?" and be given a little pause. Because normally townies do a nice job lynching each other on Day 1 without any veiled mafia guidance.

I also think Bass is more likely to be lynched than the other two considering the progression of the thread lately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Have to leave for work soon and won't be back until tomorrow, well after the lynch deadline. I'm going to go ahead and stick my vote on Bass though, because while it's not much, I think it's the most concrete evidence I've got on anyone right now. The only thing that gives me pause is this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
sanmateo wrote:

I have less conviction for my suspicion of Eloh than the other two. With Epi i can at least ask myself "is it necessary for mafia Epi to carry on this much to get a townie lynched?" and be given a little pause. Because normally townies do a nice job lynching each other on Day 1 without any veiled mafia guidance.

I also think Bass is more likely to be lynched than the other two considering the progression of the thread lately.
I disagree with JJJ on that one. I could see baddie Epig try and pull such a move. If we were a few cycles later, I'd give this much more consideration. But for now, I still think Bass is a stronger choice.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

EBWOP: I should have clarified in that I think the way Epig is going after MP isn't really indicative (yet) of his potential alignment. He could be civ or bad for all I know, but I don't necessarily think we have enough here on Day 1 for this to be damning enough or not mean anything at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

ALARM BELLS.

You are my new suspect.

" no u"

Lol alright MP
This isn't a NO U, especially since you visibly say that "I'm torn" on MP and that you "don't think it makes him bad", as above. I love how you waited for me to explain before denouncing whatever I could possibly come up with as a NO U. It's not that you talked about me only that I suspect you, it's what you've said, but also what you've failed to say. Also, it's VERY ironic that you claim NO U on me here. More on that in a bit.

First, please substantiate your claim (underlined). Can you back up where you are getting that vibe from my posts? Can you explain how that makes me bad or how that's not part of my meta? I frankly don't feel I've been that way at all and that it conflicts with my "cheerful" different style of play you and others have said I have, so that's Strike #1.

The bolded and italicized portion is Strike #2. You specifically say that "the timing thing", aka what Epi has brought up against me, doesn't bother you, yet you then proceed to follow it by you totally understand where Epi is coming from, so you're sending vague mixed signals to the thread. You do the same thing with the G-Man portion. What was the point of all of this? I suppose I don't understand how it relates to your read of me at all.

"Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily." What does this statement serve? It plants seeds of people hopping onto either play because weird = bad, and then when that comes up, you can say, 'Oh, well, I didn't say that, because I'm not sure it makes either bad!' I don't understand why you said this or what relevance it has to your reads on both players. It's incredibly vague. That's Strike #3.

Strike #4 is the biggest strike BY FAR and that is your suspicion of BR. First off, you NO U'd her 100%, which makes your incorrect "NO U" against me ironic to the highest degree. Second:
Black Rock wrote:
I will explain my MP post. Yes it does look like a defense. I don't consider it a defense because I was just stating fact as I seen it. I often don't explain everything going on in my mind, I like to keep my cards close to the vest. I only commented on it because I thought Elohcin's reasoning was off and it pinged me. I was waiting to see more before I announced her as a suspicion. I am very surprised that Splints thought I was suspicious because of this. She knows my play style better than most people playing this game. I'll be watching her as well.
How did this explanation not satisfy you? Can you elaborate? Again, you're vague.

Now, all of that said, I do want to try to avoid my prior style of railroading players, so I apologize if you felt put on the spot by "ALARM BELLS", and I definitely want to hear your response. I just happened to read your post and only had a few minutes, knew I wouldn't get the soonest possible chance to properly respond until at least 12:15PM Central, and wanted to at least indicate to you and others that I had sudden thoughts on your post that I would elaborate upon later.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No, actually, I don't apologize, because I think all of what I said above makes you bad. I apologize if I came across as a jerk about it is what I meant to say.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:RL stuff should be off limits as far as gameplay goes.
Golden wrote:I really am simply having trouble keeping up while being extremely busy doing many things. I have had long days and not many nights at home this week. Boss resigned, more work. Pastor resigned, more preaching. Wife becomes a manager, has to deal with her first employee warning, needs some of my time and attention, plus yesterday I spent more of my time finalising my BSG game to submit in the poll than reading the game. You'll see me get more 'golden-like' (by which I assume he means fierce) when I see something I think looks bad.
Off-limits, you say?
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:If MovingPictures07 felt that it should be off-limits, he should have said so.
I'm just frustrated with ridiculata contributing to lynches of people like MP and you for that matter. I think Epi knows better than to push the buttons he pushed right then. As far as "what academic paper are you reading" goes... it's just an unhelpful question and exactly what I'm calling out by the term 'wall of text'.

Perhaps I don't really mean off-limits off-limits. But I think it was calculated to send MP to the brink, and I don't like the vibe of that calculation.
MovingPictures07, who, as a Weasel, posted these in Roger Rabbit:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ugh, WTF. Guys! I swear it's not me! I have no idea where this is coming from, but clearly someone is being fooled HARD and it's not by me. I haven't been around as much because I've been much busier, and I've contributed to this game in every possible way I can. I don't know what's going on, but I sent a message to Sophie last night, believing her chances to be BH to be substantial, so if this has to do with some detective work, then all of you are wrong. I can't believe you didn't even wait to hear back from me first before just voting; that's absolutely ridiculous and convinces me that either Canuck or splints are pulling a baddie move. The fact that one of you could be the real baddie and kept me around long enough for this explicit purpose is just alarming to me.

I'm tempted to vote Canuck, but I don't know what to do. I have homework I absolutely HAVE to get done this morning, so this is literally all the reply I can conduct for now. I have been busy with Smashfest and spending every bit I can with Daisy because she's been in town for the weekend, and I'm struggling to catch up on homework due to my midterm this past Wednesday. Will someone please actually let me defend myself? What the hell is the point of early voting?

This is so frustrating. :(
In that game MP said "this is literally all the reply I can conduct for now" (because of real life obligations), but he posts several more times after this. That means he deceptively uses real life to garner sympathy, even if he claims he won't do that.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, that was a weird catchup. I will admit to still being mentally and emotionally overexhausted due to recent events in my life all around (hosting Death Note, starting a new game, microeconomic theory midterm, being away from my fiance, and just other PhD work in general), so don't expect any amazing revelations from me, but nonetheless I do have some thoughts.
MP, who fakes emotional breakdowns, who excuses himself using real life, who brags often about switching a lynch to himself to score the win in WWE...

...won't lie about real life?

And I'm suspicious for putting him under a microscope?

You a damn fool.
This is flawed logic at best, Epi.

First off, I never lie about RL. I often say that I am busy regardless of alignment or that I'm about to leave the thread but make replies anyway. That's not lying about RL or any of the conditions that I am saying.

Second, I didn't lie about any of my RL in Roger Rabbit. Fact. I only brought it up a lot as an excuse for my behavior of my own free will (which leads us to...)

Third, and most importantly, Roger Rabbit I relied heavily on RL as a last resort defense against an onslaught of accusations, never prompted. Here, I responded to something you said, and you inquired why it took me 20 minutes to respond. I therefore asked your question, which inevitably relied on RL, to provide context. I'm not relying on RL aggressively as a defense. These are two completely different circumstances that I can't believe you don't recognize. Either you recognize it and you're trying to get me riled up or you don't recognize it and you're trying to get an easy lynch out of me, which every regular on this site knows could happen.

I keep people posted on my RL often because there are insane expectations of my posting habits that are established. For example, I have spent almost literally every single minute of free time I've had the past few days on this game as well as obviously procrastinated work I should be doing; that is the only reason I've been able to keep up my normally aggressive high posting habits.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: ANSWERED your question, not asked.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
it's important i think that MP has ranked DDL as his #1 town read (more than once). he hasn't just defended DDL blankly with very vague comments like Bass and others did. he made a bold Day 1 assertion that the thread's Public Enemy #1 was his biggest town read. and those of you who criticized MP for raising the possibility of a WIFOM gambit re: G-Man, i ask this:

what does a mafia MP07 gain from taking this strong town stance on DDL throughout this phase? it's an important distinction -- vague or soft defenses are legitimately suspicious, but MP's hasn't been that at all. one might assert that he is protecting a mafia team mate, but then the theory immediately becomes more far-fetched (because two players are being called mafia together before either of them has flipped). if someone feels MP OR DDL is mafia, then that player must grant that a mafia MP would then be making every effort to prevent the lynch of a townie on Day 1. and that would be definitive WIFOM.
Maybe the "new MP" is the kind of player that unreservedly defends his partners on day 1 instead of throwing them under the bus on day 1 like he used to :p

I have seen Epi catch people on timing issues/RL lies before. I have seen players lie to me about RL issues and lie to the thread about RL issues. IN BTSC in other games, I have been encouraged to lie about RL issues in order to make myself appear more civ. I do think that is wrong. Unlike Epi, I will bring up RL. I can't separate it so easily. I love my family, my kids, and I want to share them with whoever will care to listen. BUT, I will not lie about them or my RL issues in order to appear more civ. Okay...off my soap box. So I do think Epi could be on to something. And b/c of that, maybe I was onto something too with MP's cheerful attitude. Maybe he was very excited to be a baddie in his first game back on the syndicate :p
What in the fucking world gives you reason to believe I'm lying about my RL and that no one else is?

I WAS TALKING WITH MY FIANCE AND EATING. I DON'T LIVE ON THE SITE.

I am not fabricating anything about DDL. I don't fucking understand this.

I never lie about RL. EVER.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:This is flawed logic at best, Epi.
It isn't logic at all. They are observations.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm stepping away. Sorry, Elo. If you feel I'm lying about my RL, by all means. I don't want to rely on emotional defenses, but this is seriously the most bullshit accusation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
They're as bullshit observations as those leveraged against me in Keeler when people said something to the effect of "MP posted and voted in the poll 10 minutes later after he said he didn't have time to catch up just yet, he must have BTSC!"

It's bullshit.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Why do you fail to recognize my counterpoints?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I need to step away. I haven't fully caught up past the Elo post. I'm going to eat and work on SAS.

FFS.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Read this post and tell me you don't lie about real life.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Read this post and tell me you don't lie about real life.

Are you fucking KIDDING me?

You're a troll.
Epignosis wrote:Secrets
Mr. Lucas
Always late! *Secret*

Whenever Mr. Lucas misses an even-hour vote, he must make a ridiculous apology to the thread during the following odd hour. If he can get three or more people to discuss why he was late, he can be nosy that same hour and role check.
You hosted this game. You fucking know why I was making stuff up that game.

Why are you riling me up?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Read this post and tell me you don't lie about real life.

Are you fucking KIDDING me?

You're a troll.
Epignosis wrote:Secrets
Mr. Lucas
Always late! *Secret*

Whenever Mr. Lucas misses an even-hour vote, he must make a ridiculous apology to the thread during the following odd hour. If he can get three or more people to discuss why he was late, he can be nosy that same hour and role check.
You hosted this game. You fucking know why I was making stuff up that game.

Why are you riling me up?
Dude.

:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm done making myself look like a crazy person because you've topped the list of ultimate bullshit accusations against me. Congratulations. You win. I am seriously leaving now. This is upsetting.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm done making myself look like a crazy person because you've topped the list of ultimate bullshit accusations against me. Congratulations. You win. I am seriously leaving now. This is upsetting.
My AYBS? post was my way of trying to get you to lighten up.

However, you being upset (or pretending to be upset) in a game doesn't move me and never will. That was the entire point of my Roger Rabbit observations: You've cried wolf before.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm done making myself look like a crazy person because you've topped the list of ultimate bullshit accusations against me. Congratulations. You win. I am seriously leaving now. This is upsetting.
My AYBS? post was my way of trying to get you to lighten up.

However, you being upset (or pretending to be upset) in a game doesn't move me and never will. That was the entire point of my Roger Rabbit observations: You've cried wolf before.
Okay, I understand. That obviously wasn't clear.

That's totally fine. I don't expect it to move you. I didn't want to get upset this game. I didn't think I would because I've enjoying the hell out of it, but when you get pinned down with such a bullshit accusation it's really emotionally tiring and frustrating. I owe your wife an apology, not you.

My counterpoints were not emotional:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
This is flawed logic at best, Epi.

First off, I never lie about RL. I often say that I am busy regardless of alignment or that I'm about to leave the thread but make replies anyway. That's not lying about RL or any of the conditions that I am saying.

Second, I didn't lie about any of my RL in Roger Rabbit. Fact. I only brought it up a lot as an excuse for my behavior of my own free will (which leads us to...)

Third, and most importantly, Roger Rabbit I relied heavily on RL as a last resort defense against an onslaught of accusations, never prompted. Here, I responded to something you said, and you inquired why it took me 20 minutes to respond. I therefore asked your question, which inevitably relied on RL, to provide context. I'm not relying on RL aggressively as a defense. These are two completely different circumstances that I can't believe you don't recognize. Either you recognize it and you're trying to get me riled up or you don't recognize it and you're trying to get an easy lynch out of me, which every regular on this site knows could happen.

I keep people posted on my RL often because there are insane expectations of my posting habits that are established. For example, I have spent almost literally every single minute of free time I've had the past few days on this game as well as obviously procrastinated work I should be doing; that is the only reason I've been able to keep up my normally aggressive high posting habits.
I don't understand why you keep pursuing this to the end of time, and the reason I didn't catch your AYBS reference as a joke is because you've been pushing an absurd to the max argument the entire time.

I'm not defending myself via RL.

I didn't respond to something INSTANTLY and so you asked me a fair question. I responded with RL because it was the only way I could respond. It's not crying wolf. How can you not see that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, I'm done with this subject. It's absolutely derailing the game.

Hosts and other players, I'm really sorry for losing it. I hate drama. I should have just vented to the host, but I snapped when you actually convinced Elo of your bullshit argument and she stated she was going to vote for me or Golden. I'm not doing this to defend myself. I've defended myself against all accusations in previous posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I did vent to thellama73 for the record, since he is the Mod on Duty this game, so I just want this to be known for all new players. If you don't want to cause drama in a game or you're feeling conflict with another player, PM thellama73.

Apparently, I should have not posted as well until I came back after an hour or so; for that, I apologize.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

At the moment, I'm actually most considering a vote for splints, with Bass in second, and Golden in third. Essentially, my reads are mostly unchanged from this morning, but splints jumped up to at the least a moderate mafia read, if not a strong mafia read. I'll be back closer to the vote deadline.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”