60%

Total votes: 10
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 89

Re: Watchmen [Day 7]

Post by Cookie »

G-Man wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll never be God's gift to anything when it comes to sports. :haha:

Also something tells me that guy's parents forced him to go to your country. Otherwise he wouldn't be that bitchy. I actually spent the entire year in UK wanting tos ee snow, and bitching because there wasn't enough of it.
When I was a kid it would snow every winter. Not so much anymore (but the last two winters have been doozies). The blizzard of 1993 was amazing- we had four feet of snow and built a giant snow cave in the front yard. There was so much snow that people had to push and shovel it off their roofs to prevent roof collapses. We lived in a ranch home, so my dad and uncle could safely jump off the roof into the snow in the front yard when they were done.

The blizzard of 1996 was fierce too. Not quite as much snow during the 3-day blizzard but we got pelted almost all January long with ice and snow. It built up so much that this happened:

It had been a pedestrian bridge since Hurricane Agnes and they still haven't replaced the missing spans.
That's crazy.

There was a huge ice storm in 1998 (I have a shirt that says "I survived ice storm '98") and it froze rain for ages. I barely remember it but I do remember my dad driving us the the top of a hill with the 4 wheeler and we went tobogganning on the ice on the road. It was awesome.

Anyway, I don't know what temperature any of you are saying because of your crazy system. Here, I feel that we have extremes of both worlds. In winter, it goes down to something like -40 and in summer, it goes to +40 (with humidex). I don't know why I still live in this ridiculous place!!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 395
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

@Cookie: I use metric system like any responsible person, I'm just posting numbers with the American system here because I'm in the minority.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:You people from cold countries who can't stand the heat <shakes head>

Sorry, just kidding. I hope you are doing well, Cookie. :)
Yeah, and you sissies from tropical countries amuse me when you bundle up as soon as it drops below 75 degrees and 50% humidity. :p

In all seriousness though, where I live we get both the summer heat and the winter cold. I always laugh at the southern states who freak out over half an inch of snow and can't handle anything below 45 degrees.
I'm originally from the Atlanta and the uproar over an inch of snow is actually justified because the tire treads aren't meant for that climate. The Snowpacalypse of 2014, which had like a foot of snow, stranded motorists all over the city because their cars were essentially immobile. I heard of a schoolbus that was stranded on the highway with kids overnight.

Also, my dad lives in FL and he puts on a sweater when it gets below 55 degrees so I can confirm.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

hehe Scotty, a foot might be exaggerating Snowpocalypse. I'm from Ohio, and the news stations there were saying it was a scant 4 inches that immobilized your city. (That's 10cm for our metric friends)

Also, I had no idea DDL was from Brazil. Way cool!

I much prefer extreme heat to extreme cold, having seen both. In the blizzard of 76 in Cincinnati,y dad says you could make a pot of coffe, and if you poured it out outside it would freeze before it hit the ground
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 325

Post by Ricochet »

It's forty degrees C here and yet I have a cold.

This is all the OT I can contribute with while I await my death. :pout:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by G-Man »

To be fair to the southern states, because snow accumulation is so rare, many municipalities don't purchase vehicular plows and salt spreaders and the ones owned by state DOT's are so few and far between that an inch of actually is crippling because they have no way to remove it, making the roads unsafe. We northerners just like to tease them because what is a disappointing snowfall to us (1") is debilitating to them.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Cookie wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Cookie wrote:I actually have/had heat stroke last night (there is a severe heat warning in Ontario) so I am so sleepy and tired and ugh. I feel like crap.

Anyway, Scotty, I think, seems most town-like. Although he does suspect me, and for good reasons, he is entirely wrong about me. I'm not playing the newbie card. I know mostly what I'm doing at this point. It was challenging at first because of verbal explosions from certain players (not gonna say any names or point any fingers cough*mp*cough *points to the sock*). But I am comfortable with my reads and opinions on people. I'm planning on doing another short read through of players and posts about them and see who I suspect the most. I'm on my phone and going back to sleep now though
Holy cow, did you not drink enough water? I mean where I am I'm playing softball in 98 degree muggy weather- it's stifling to say the least- and we always make sure we chug dat water. I sincerely hope there aren't any complications, Cookie!

I do seem most town like. I'll take that.
Though I don't like being called most town-like during the night phase. That's no bueno. :omg:
if anything, I overdosed on it LOL. I was outside for much of the day. I will be fine, thank you!!

Oops, well, it's coming from me who is seemingly most suspicious?
Well I'm glad you're feeling better :workit:

And yes, you have a fair amount of suspicion. I think it would be a fair assessment that you are not doing from BF tonight ;)

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

*dying

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If BF kills Cookie tonight he's really stupid. Just saying.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So I felt the need to reply to some posts.
Scotty wrote:Also would make sense if Derf silenced me as well as Big Figure. That would have been swell.
Although I'm not 100% certain of this logic, civ silencers usually aim to silence/incapacitate players they suspect as being bad. Derf silencing you would make no sense, except if he actually suspects you (but who does here, really?) or if, well, he's not very inspired with his moves.
Scotty wrote:Bernard: Some seem to think he is still alive due to the Night message from Dr. Manhattan. Some think Dr. Manhattan wrote it.
Only LoRab thought that, if I recall correctly. I'd say he's legit alive.
Scotty wrote:Ozymandias: I would say still alive, because: (Spoilers from movie/comics)
Ozy is super smart, and manipulates governments into thinking aliens blew up NYC, when he did it himself. Nice guy. He has a network of technologies and seems to have ears in all places. I would conjecture that he can hear chat from behind closed doors and relays that info in secret ways and in the Day/night posts... But I bet his win condition has something to do with the other Watchmen dying in his wake, especially Mr. Manhattan. I think it was Russ that received a secret PM yesterday, which I also believe to be Ozy.
He fails to kill/get rid of Manhattan, though.
Also, I received a secret PM, not Russ. Different R.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:MM posted today. Early on, never returned.
I grew busy. I'm sorry for missing the vote. :sigh:
Here's the problem. D2, when you were gone for the weekend, you voted yourself when time was out and had to leave; that's fine. D3 you implied you were silenced (the first time). D4 and D5 you made votes almost right off the bat. D6 you (arguably) were silenced. Yet D7 you waffled with a few posts at the beginning of the day and then you disappeared. :ponder:
Scotty wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:One thing that pings me, reading the Watchmen wikia, is
how Moloch spends the whole story being manipulated by Ozy. He's a retired supervillain at that point and doesn't actually do a thing.

What if Epi has lied to us and Ozymandias is the one we should be trying to lynch? While Moloch is just a decoy?
A civilian could be recruited or switch to the bad side, but that would inconsistent with who manipulates whom in the story. It would mean Moloch or the Inmates recruit Ozy, which, canon-wise, would be quite silly.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I have a tinfoil theory that MM is Ozymandias because he was the only one who got something from the day 0 poll, which Ozymandias won.

But if Ozy is really bad, MM wouldn't casually reveal that.
Considering that Ozy is a Watchman, a player who must win alongside the civilians, I can't imagine his win condition would be detrimental to the civilians.

I know Rorschach's is a little bit, but if the civilians played a good game, they should have nothing to worry about. :shrug:
I think it's definitely more of a mixed bag. Rorschach's win con right now is very detrimental to the civs, because he needs a lot of remaining players to be dead by endgame, whilst the civs themselves require only two more baddies to die. DH officially needs Derf to be already dead or die, in addition to civs winning. Comedian was detrimental only insofar as potentially killing a civ (Scotty). Silk Spectre II is not detrimental to the civs in any way, she'd rather like more Watchmen to fall in order to have an easier task with the role calling. No idea about Manhattan (Win con: Presence. Ok. As in "not going away on Mars, tired of the human race?". As in "not killed or lynched"? As in "exposed [role flip] to everyone else via lynch or NK" (why do I still keep thinking of freakin' Shinigamis?). Ozymandias, canon wise, was downright heartless towards the human population in achieving his goals, so he might actually be detrimental to the civs, despite needing to achieve their win con.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: If I had voted early, I would have voted DDL.

If I had voted late, I would have considered voting Cookie. Depends how I felt about a tie, which I'm not a big fan of.
Interesting. Anything in particular change your thinking to Cookie? Only LoRab was expressing a bit of beef about her yesterday, so something must have changed you, or else you really have no allegiance or read either way and would just attempt to be tie breaker.

Either way, it's a moot point. Who is your top suspect right now?
Nothing about Cookie actually. I've just changed my mind about LoRab from before. I guess it looks like hindsight to some, but my early suspicion of her was gone.
That is quite the use of hindsight, indeed. For the second lynch in a row, in fact. After MP died, you said you read him as civ, yet in the game you barely ever addressed any read on him; almost like you would let things run their course. As for LoRab, last time you mentioned her, I think, you just said she slipped off the radar, not that you cleared her of suspicion.

:ponder:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:So I felt the need to reply to some posts.
Scotty wrote:Also would make sense if Derf silenced me as well as Big Figure. That would have been swell.
Although I'm not 100% certain of this logic, civ silencers usually aim to silence/incapacitate players they suspect as being bad. Derf silencing you would make no sense, except if he actually suspects you (but who does here, really?) or if, well, he's not very inspired with his moves.
Scotty wrote:Bernard: Some seem to think he is still alive due to the Night message from Dr. Manhattan. Some think Dr. Manhattan wrote it.
Only LoRab thought that, if I recall correctly. I'd say he's legit alive.
Scotty wrote:Ozymandias: I would say still alive, because: (Spoilers from movie/comics)
Ozy is super smart, and manipulates governments into thinking aliens blew up NYC, when he did it himself. Nice guy. He has a network of technologies and seems to have ears in all places. I would conjecture that he can hear chat from behind closed doors and relays that info in secret ways and in the Day/night posts... But I bet his win condition has something to do with the other Watchmen dying in his wake, especially Mr. Manhattan. I think it was Russ that received a secret PM yesterday, which I also believe to be Ozy.
He fails to kill/get rid of Manhattan, though.
Also, I received a secret PM, not Russ. Different R.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:MM posted today. Early on, never returned.
I grew busy. I'm sorry for missing the vote. :sigh:
Here's the problem. D2, when you were gone for the weekend, you voted yourself when time was out and had to leave; that's fine. D3 you implied you were silenced (the first time). D4 and D5 you made votes almost right off the bat. D6 you (arguably) were silenced. Yet D7 you waffled with a few posts at the beginning of the day and then you disappeared. :ponder:
Scotty wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:One thing that pings me, reading the Watchmen wikia, is
how Moloch spends the whole story being manipulated by Ozy. He's a retired supervillain at that point and doesn't actually do a thing.

What if Epi has lied to us and Ozymandias is the one we should be trying to lynch? While Moloch is just a decoy?
A civilian could be recruited or switch to the bad side, but that would inconsistent with who manipulates whom in the story. It would mean Moloch or the Inmates recruit Ozy, which, canon-wise, would be quite silly.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I have a tinfoil theory that MM is Ozymandias because he was the only one who got something from the day 0 poll, which Ozymandias won.

But if Ozy is really bad, MM wouldn't casually reveal that.
Considering that Ozy is a Watchman, a player who must win alongside the civilians, I can't imagine his win condition would be detrimental to the civilians.

I know Rorschach's is a little bit, but if the civilians played a good game, they should have nothing to worry about. :shrug:
I think it's definitely more of a mixed bag. Rorschach's win con right now is very detrimental to the civs, because he needs a lot of remaining players to be dead by endgame, whilst the civs themselves require only two more baddies to die. DH officially needs Derf to be already dead or die, in addition to civs winning. Comedian was detrimental only insofar as potentially killing a civ (Scotty). Silk Spectre II is not detrimental to the civs in any way, she'd rather like more Watchmen to fall in order to have an easier task with the role calling. No idea about Manhattan (Win con: Presence. Ok. As in "not going away on Mars, tired of the human race?". As in "not killed or lynched"? As in "exposed [role flip] to everyone else via lynch or NK" (why do I still keep thinking of freakin' Shinigamis?). Ozymandias, canon wise, was downright heartless towards the human population in achieving his goals, so he might actually be detrimental to the civs, despite needing to achieve their win con.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

If I had voted late, I would have considered voting Cookie. Depends how I felt about a tie, which I'm not a big fan of.
Interesting. Anything in particular change your thinking to Cookie? Only LoRab was expressing a bit of beef about her yesterday, so something must have changed you, or else you really have no allegiance or read either way and would just attempt to be tie breaker.

Nothing about Cookie actually. I've just changed my mind about LoRab from before. I guess it looks like hindsight to some, but my early suspicion of her was gone.
That is quite the use of hindsight, indeed. For the second lynch in a row, in fact. After MP died, you said you read him as civ, yet in the game you barely ever addressed any read on him; almost like you would let things run their course. As for LoRab, last time you mentioned her, I think, you just said she slipped off the radar, not that you cleared her of suspicion.

5 min late to work, so quicklike:

I agree with all your assessments here, and apologize for confusing you with Russ. (Any luck on your cipher btw?)

If I die tonight...my viewpoint hasn't changed, and you know where to look. I'd think I'm a more tasty NK than Rico at this point.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The reason I doubt you are "tastier" than me is because:

- if Cookie is BF, she's probably going to get a lot of votes tomorrow, certainly more than on D6, and having one less by eliminating you wouldn't work in her advantage anymore
- if Cookie isn't BF, she's probably going to get a lot of votes tomorrow and BF will gloat in the shadows and having one less vote by eliminating you wouldn't make a difference, in fact he might even want to see you be present to deliver the blow
- your NK would still make everyone suspect Cookie, the way you theorized it for D6

Meanwhile, my NK would be more of an option because I always kept my suspicions on Cookie rather mellow (mellower) compared to others. The connection wouldn't be that strong. Vaguer night kill connections = tastier prospect.

Anyway, I have my reasons to believe I won't be allowed much further into the endgame. Biggy F out there knows what I'm sayin'.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Made »

Realisitically, what are the odds no one dies tonight? Do we know if BF gets both Mike and Larry's kills? Because the description says
"Big Figure
Intimidates someone, buying that person's silence and preventing him or her from voting the next Day. Inherits the kill from Larry or Mike if either of them are dead."

Since Larry died first, BF has Larry's kill and he killed on Even nights. Since mike died second, and kills on odd nights, maybe no one will die tonight?
Pov: you reading my takes
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It would be something to consider if only N6's kill would have failed, but we've had two failed NKs in a row. Plus, the Inmates' general ability is still to "kill each Night".

We can always ask the Host, though.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

How experienced of a player was Slonnei?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It's my first game with him, so :shrug:. He followed this after, as far as I understand, being supa-civvie in uhm what was it? Economics? BoB?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:It's my first game with him, so :shrug:. He followed this after, as far as I understand, being supa-civvie in uhm what was it? Economics? BoB?
AFAIK he could be super civ, but his role hasn't been revealed yet. He was rezzed in that game.

He questions a lot and generally has good reads on people. He's new to this forum I think but has played elsewhere.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

He's new to Syndicate, but seems to be kind of a veteran player elsewhere.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:He's new to Syndicate, but seems to be kind of a veteran player elsewhere.
As i am still catching up (page 15 hype :help: ) care to defend your vote record? Without context of your vote reasoning, voting all civvies for the last 4 nights, but also gettings said civvies lynched for the past 3 night doesn't look good to me. (given, day 6 was a three way tie, but still.)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Made wrote:(page 15 hype :help: )
Wait till page 17 where G-Man starts catching up for everything posted on pages 6 to 16. :D
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Made wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:He's new to Syndicate, but seems to be kind of a veteran player elsewhere.
As i am still catching up (page 15 hype :help: ) care to defend your vote record? Without context of your vote reasoning, voting all civvies for the last 4 nights, but also gettings said civvies lynched for the past 3 night doesn't look good to me. (given, day 6 was a three way tie, but still.)
How am I supposed to defend a vote record? I was wrong about every single vote, simple as that. Ok should read my explanations for them and see if you believe them.

Besides, after night 4, there were only 2 mafiosos in the game, and they are enemies from each other. Even if I were a mafioso, I''d be in no better position to hunt the other mafioso than the rest of you.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

and power went out. I'll be back when it's back on...hopefully soon...
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ozy ressureceted Scotty.

You all claim that Scotty is a civilian.

But you also argue that Ozy could be anti-civilian in a way?

:overreact:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ozy ressureceted Scotty.

Where did it say Ozy ressurrected me?

I'm so civ it hurts.

MM what are you trying to say here?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

If you really want to be a stickler for details, go for it.

I also didn't get the chance to say anything the day MP was lynched, so keep that in mind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ozy ressureceted Scotty.

Where did it say Ozy ressurrected me?

I'm so civ it hurts.

MM what are you trying to say here?
Oh, I've gotten my Watchmen confused.

I'm a failure aren't I. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Re: Watchmen [Night 7]

Post by Ricochet »

Alright, this cold is killing me (and so will BF harrrr), so here are my succint thoughts on the field and then I'm out.

Bass/TB/Made - Made catching up in a rather slow manner, plus I don't get his confusion about how Elo or MP flipped, considering they've been lynched (so roles revealed). Seems to question things as soon as he finds something notable, nevertheless there is some waffling in his style as well. Neutral for now, I guess. Plus, idk man. If TinyBubbles is BF/Moloch and slacked off for days (until the Host intervened to throw him back into the game), leaving us to butcher ourselves, this game sucks.

Cookie - I'll probably support a vote for her, if I'll still be around. What Scotty says about the possible strategy behind his silencing (and/or him not getting NKd) makes slightly more sense rather than tagging it as a "what if" (even if you could still wonder "what if", in terms of Cookie being framed for it). Plus I also tend to believe MP had a track on her and insisted on writing her as his top bad read numerous times - and I still see a bit of potential stepping back from voting MP on D6, nicely coated with the "no silenced lynching" principle and her LoRab vote being consistent with her reasonings.

DDL - I still hope the others can talk some more about him. ISO him, apply reverse psychology, decipher his role claim, whatever works. He's mislynched so far more than the Mafia actually succeeded in kiling. I got fucked in Biblical for way les err fewer mislynches than that and I was an indie blending as top hunter there. Anyway, overall I think I stand by my previous thoughts.

G-Man - Would probably require a day's re-read. He technically committed foul with his MP vote, but his reasoning (or lack of having a reason to vote the others in the tie) is consistent. If he's Mafia, color me duped. I can lend an ear to the idea that he might be Moloch, but that also requires some more mulling.

MM - I'm pinged again by him, after his activity the previous days. His D6 silencing being fake is a possibility; again, it came off as genuine signaling, but it was totally borrowed as a method. In the order in which they used it, MP seemed more suspicious at that time, but since he flipped civ... Maybe MM is the one messing with us.

Russ - Would probably require a day's re-read. If he's Mafia, color me duped.

Scotty - If he's Mafia, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Sooooo:

BF - Cookie > MM > maybe DDL > maybe G-Man

Moloch - DDL > G-Man > maybe MM

linki@MM
MetalMarsh89 wrote:I also didn't get the chance to say anything the day MP was lynched, so keep that in mind.
I didn't say during the day MP was lynched. I said in the game. MP started getting flak end of D4, made a case gone wrong on Eloh D5 and got lynched D6. That's two days out of three to address something. I found pretty much nada, except for some small fluff.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If you guys want to ask me questions to read my alignment, go ahead. I've been told I'm pretty good at defending myself when I'm a civ. And I'd love to have more people trusting me in this game.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:If you guys want to ask me questions to read my alignment, go ahead. I've been told I'm pretty good at defending myself when I'm a civ. And I'd love to have more people trusting me in this game.
Are you a member of mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:If you guys want to ask me questions to read my alignment, go ahead. I've been told I'm pretty good at defending myself when I'm a civ. And I'd love to have more people trusting me in this game.
No.

I'm not Moloch either.

I was expecting more creative questions tbh.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
No.

I'm not Moloch either.

I was expecting more creative questions tbh.
What is your favorite color?

I've been mulling on the can for a few minutes now and just got thinking: I'm weakest when I can't account for hidden variables. I was pinged by Elo in part because of the hint I received from [???] someone, I don't know who, I assume it's Ozy. Let's say he wants us to hear certain things. But this wasn't just a message, but a puzzle. I love puzzles. And if I'm going to spend the effort of solving a puzzle, I would expect that it would be relevant and not just to throw me off. Maybe Ozy needed to fulfill a win condition and manipulate the information as a means to do so, but Im keeping in the back of my mind the premise that Ozy is a Watchman and must win with the civs, so even if he is spewing skewed info, I doubt it would be useless to the civ cause.

But then I don'tknow his win condition. I don't know the conditions or abilities of Moloch or Mr. Manhattan. And it's pissing me off. It's like trying to wear a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops to a 5-star restaurant. I feel entitled to do so, and I want to do so, but I cannot! it doesn't make sense, it's socially unacceptable, and I look like Jimmy Buffet.

I do the best informed decisions I can based on the information available. But I'm not perfect. ("You can say that again!" Shut up Dad) I'm operating under the assumption that I do have the info necessary to make informed choices, but there is room for error.

What happened night 5 and night 6? I refuse to accept they missed the vote. That's blind chance and I want to use reasoning behind decisions.
Reasoning #1: LoRab used her protect function. This is HIGHLY specialized if LoRab waited to use her one power, out of all the powers, to protect someone. She definitely didn't do it twice, so what about the other night with no kill?
#2 BF biding his/her time. He/she knew there was heat that day, so they backed off to give air to the game. This seems definitely likely at least one of those days.
#3 That BF indeed can only kill on his inherited even
Nights. Which would make #1 and #2 more remarkable.
#4 them secret roles gots all kinds of secrets that I can't account for.

I mentioned before about Moloch's weapon in the spoiler tab. No one really knew what it did, nor do I, but the name alone makes me feel like Moloch might have a copying ability, where he has a random power in intervals, and could have received role blocking. This would explain the night 2 people were silenced, if derf is in fact dead. Could have been Moloch blocking in stead of LoRab, and I'm betting 100 to 1 that LoRab protected one night, and Moloch protected the other.

Am I just spewing my lunch food or what?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If it's the last thing I say, I want to acknowledge that I have done a 360 on Moloch. I've literally jumped around in a circle. I thought that it would be a brilliant move to be quiet and coast, but then I would envision that for Big Figure instead. Having 2 mafia teammates dead would either cause the fight or flight mechanism for BF, and I haven't seen a big change of gameplay from the remaining members. Cookie has picked it up after night 6, and has made a small effort to come into the light, but not to the extent of the others (except Made, who is at least catching up). She is the coaster, with this one dude up in her bizness like a Jack Russell fucking terrier. Sorry bout that, but I've got to imagine it's either you or MM for final baddie.

For moloch though (getting back to the 360 now) I thought, what better way to get to the end but look MOST civ, for everyone to have your back? I'd look at the most civ sounding next. Which may or may not even be here. I mean honestly it could be a moot point if moloch is already dead, so I guess we'll see.

But I'm getting this in just case I am dead in an hour.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Tl;dr version for your lazies:
Lynch Cookie next.
Then look at most civ sounding players left if BF is dead and we didn't already win.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Epignosis »

From The New Frontiersman

July 29, 1985
As you purchase your paper, Bernard is ranting:

"What's going on here? Everyone's talking about how sure they are that they're gonna die like they're clairvoyant or something. 'Oh but Bernard, you're just too old and stubborn to see things clearly,' they'll say. Well sticks and stones may break my bones but you are one dumb Polack if you don't lynch Cookie next.

G-Man's a close second though. One of you said something sharp about his bet with MovingPictures being a dirty one. That reminds of a story I heard once. See I got this bookie- er- I mean I got this friend who is a bookie. His cousin runs floor at a casino down in Atlantic City. He's told me a couple stories about a power play bet just like that. Makes the cheater look like a god but he's really just scum underneath it all. Food for thought.

So help me God, I'm not doin' another one of these messages if you get this next one wrong."

You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 401
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome to the land of zombies, Scotty. :beer:
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Watchmen [Day 8]

Post by Scotty »

Rezz pls

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ok, here's what's not clicking for me: why was scotty muted (assuming by big figure) but not killed, when BF didn't kill on night 7? Double targeting maybe? maybe BF can only use one power a night?

Rip scotty.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Also, Rico, why the hell did you think you were going to get killed????
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

*passes zombie popcorn to scotty*

*offers some to MP*
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 401
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:*passes zombie popcorn to scotty*

*offers some to MP*
Thanks much!

Here's some wine too. :wine:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

*offers some to MP*
Tastes like regret, sadness, and a hint of salt.

My favorite.

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Scotty wrote:

*offers some to MP*
Tastes like regret, sadness, and a hint of salt.

My favorite.
There's a touch of butter on it, too!
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Well damnit. I'm just going to go ahead and vote for G-Man because I have no other suspicions on anyone that hasn't already been said and G-Man stands out to me for consistently being suspected by others throughout the entire game, as well as his fishy vote the other day to make it a 3 way tie. That being said, I never really found him suspicious, per say, however, there are a few cases against him that I'm willing to agree with.

Yup, that's all I got since, after Scotty has died and insisted I am mafia (like, why would I not just kill Scotty and be done with him instead of silencing him yesterday?), most people are going to suspect me and vote me out now.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Wait, b4 anyone votes Cookie....I want to at least sleep on this. I have a theory in my head, but trying to connect dots right now...(and attempt to read more, ffs 50 pages is a lot)
Made
Hitman

Re: Watchmen [Night 6]

Post by Made »

Cookie wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Cookie wrote:Crap. I was so sure he was an Inmate. RIP and sorry.
Why did you vote for LoRab then if you were so sure?

HMMMMMMMMM?
I explained that when I voted LoRab. I didn't want to lynch someone who couldn't talk and the alternative was to lynch someone else I thought (and still think) is an Inmate.
Here's where you lose me tho: If you were sure that MP were Mafia, even if he were muted, you should had voted him, especially when you stress that there's only 2 days left to find both BF and Moloch

I don't however understand your vote, from G-Man perspective, if he's mafia, he has no one to defend at this point, no one to save. Why force a three way vote if you have no one to protect?

I want to vote Cookie, but DDL's voting record is really really bad, but when i look closer at it, it seems genuine. Unlike Espers' vote which was tacted on, his vote for Sloonei's didn't seemed tacted on at all. While s/he wasn't the vocal damner of sloonei, s/he was an earlier vote.

more words anyone?
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Re: Watchmen [Night 6]

Post by Cookie »

Made wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Cookie wrote:Crap. I was so sure he was an Inmate. RIP and sorry.
Why did you vote for LoRab then if you were so sure?

HMMMMMMMMM?
I explained that when I voted LoRab. I didn't want to lynch someone who couldn't talk and the alternative was to lynch someone else I thought (and still think) is an Inmate.
Here's where you lose me tho: If you were sure that MP were Mafia, even if he were muted, you should had voted him, especially when you stress that there's only 2 days left to find both BF and Moloch

I don't however understand your vote, from G-Man perspective, if he's mafia, he has no one to defend at this point, no one to save. Why force a three way vote if you have no one to protect?

I want to vote Cookie, but DDL's voting record is really really bad, but when i look closer at it, it seems genuine. Unlike Espers' vote which was tacted on, his vote for Sloonei's didn't seemed tacted on at all. While s/he wasn't the vocal damner of sloonei, s/he was an earlier vote.

more words anyone?
Someone said it was unsportman-like to lynch someone who was silenced, I guess I took that to heart?

I didn't force a 3 way vote..?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It appears G-Man has been silenced today. :smoky:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:It appears G-Man has been silenced today. :smoky:
Really? Well this looks bad.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Back from rehearsals, dead tired. :coffee3: Dinner, studying some more, posting later.

RIP Scotty. Not cool. :disappoint: Let's catch BF, guys!

Host, can Big Figure silence and kill during a Night, if he sends in both actions?
Made wrote:Also, Rico, why the hell did you think you were going to get killed????
I've replied about this earlier during the Night. The longer we don't catch BF and/or Moloch, the more I believe they will not take civs who have hunted a lot and look broadly civ (or, to be fair, at least neutral, since that's what I've been personally called) into a lylo, but instead limit the lylo field to players who wuld suspect each other more; add more paranoia and chaos to the situation, so to say.

Plus, I've had my personal hunches that I could be a victim. I still do. I still don't believe I'll be allowed into a lylo by the baddies, if they sneak through the next lynches.
Made wrote:Ok, here's what's not clicking for me: why was scotty muted (assuming by big figure) but not killed, when BF didn't kill on night 7? Double targeting maybe? maybe BF can only use one power a night?
We don't know, that's the question. What do you think?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:It appears G-Man has been silenced today. :smoky:
So that means 6 out of 7 players can vote. First to four gets lynched. Unless two players have been silenced, so that it's be 5 out of 7 and first to three gets it. Cookie already put G-Man in the lead.

----

The message I received (after N6) contains info about Moloch's general win con (the ??? part under his name). Obviously I am not allowed to disclose it specifically, but it's slightly more subtle than the overall ones of civs and Inmates. Of course, this info could well be a fabrication, since we have no idea if the sender has genuine means to acquire such info and encrypt it in a message to someone else. I doubt Moloch would send stuff about himself and whilst the equation made me think it'd be from Manhattan, but I suppose this almost confirms it's from Ozymandias.

linki: Why does G-Man being silenced look bad, Cookie?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hey all,

So I'm throwing a bachelor party today (yay!), and that's more intensive than I thought. I probably won't be around in the evening at all. The wedding is Saturday, so unless epi extends that day (please?), you can basically expect nothing from me on D8. I know it sucks at this point in the game, sorry for that.

I'm thinking of voting Cookie today, based mainly on the strength of Scotty's suspicion. I'm still struggling with why Cookie would kill Scotty when it so clearly incriminates her. Then again, she looked most likely to die anyway, so maybe it could be preemptive revenge

I also am still very suspicious of GMan, for what I elaborated on yesterday. It doesn't seem like others share my feelings as much, there
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”