Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 2)

Post by reywaS »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I would have been disappointed if Golden had been lynched yesterday because he is hands down the player in this game who is being forthright and completely honest about his intentions and I believe him. I think he is neutral. I think his actions make sense given that he baited Epi. However, I think despite the fact that Golden is doing whatever he can to lay his heart out there, players are taking advantage of him as an easy target. In contrast, Bass seemed very shifty, and only seemed to give opinions on anything once he was prompted to do so, with the exception of his wacky theory on me which I already told him didn't make sense because he was alleging I said the opposite of what I really said.
Are you saying that you think that everyone that addressed and voted for Golden only did so to take advantage of an easy target? No one's thoughts on Golden were legitimate?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

aapje wrote:So what's a rainbow post? Other than the thing DH posted :p
Some would say they are posts that are outwardly supportive of Gay rights.

Do you have any rainbow posts you would like to share with the class, aapje?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

aapje, it's a newfangled trendy thing in recent games on this site to post a list of the players color-coded according to your opinion of them, with a spectrum from the strongest civ reads in blues and greens, to weaker civ reads, neutral reads, weak mafia reads, and up through oranges and reds for the strongest mafia reads. Someone mentioned that a rainbow list would be pretty silly at this stage in a Recruitment game when the majority of players would still be yellow, but if some people are so inclined, knock yourselves out :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

Pos3.
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Scotty wrote:

Oooh I know just the thing! I'm sure some people will appreciate this classic:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote:aapje, it's a newfangled trendy thing in recent games on this site to post a list of the players color-coded according to your opinion of them, with a spectrum from the strongest civ reads in blues and greens, to weaker civ reads, neutral reads, weak mafia reads, and up through oranges and reds for the strongest mafia reads. Someone mentioned that a rainbow list would be pretty silly at this stage in a Recruitment game when the majority of players would still be yellow, but if some people are so inclined, knock yourselves out :p
Oh yeah, that too I guess :workit:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

I think Rainbow lists in a game with 2 sets of baddies are just basically a hit list for the baddies, tbh. Painting giant targets on people. In games with one bad team, not so much, but in games like this it really is just a big target fest.

Just walked in, need to catch up :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Oy. So much to catch up on. Been in meetings all day today and went to bed early last night. But as I scroll up the last page, I have to giggle at aaple bringing this up. They are still not gay and that is still blasphemy!! Ernie and Bert on the other hand...
aapje wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Oooh I know just the thing! I'm sure some people will appreciate this classic:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Also, voting 3. I'm stubborn like that.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:
thellama73 wrote:All right, I'm back.

Does anyone remember the awesome summaries/recaps I do from time to time when people ask me? Somebody do me a solid and make one of those. I'm going to go back and read a lot as well, but a bird's eye view narrative would be helpful.
I would usually do this, but my perspective is highly skewed. I think I may be able to summarise why each person who got votes, got votes. Others might want to argue my interpretation though. Is that sufficient?
Yes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by thellama73 »

I'm reading backwards and posting observations as I make them.
Observation 1: I find myself agreeing with Roxy on the whole "this unrecruited role looks bad, so it's okay he died" thing. A powerful role is a tool that can be very good if a civilian gets it and very bad if a baddie does. It doesn't make sense to me to celebrate the death of Bass as somehow a civvie victory. Roxy is talking an awful lot of sense today.

Observation 2: I resent unfurl's charge of us being "elitist" because a low poster was killed. I always get torn apart for even suggesting that we go after low posters. Nonsense.

Observation 3: I think Rico's post here is very astute. However, I have heard similar voting rationale from TH before, but it always strikes me as poor reasoning.
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Turnip Head, what are your thoughts?
I was thinking Bass was bad but his last few posts feel genuine to me. Not really feeling a Golden vote either. Idk.
[no Bass posts or posts on Bass (from anyone, that is) in between]
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for Bass.
Please explain.
I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere.
Bandwagoning.
Flip-flopping.
Voting in contradiction your last read/viewpoint on the player you voted for.
Also: I didn't notice before Scotty bringing this up as well, and I agree with him that you also made some stronger remarks about rey only to never pick it up again, come vote time.

These would be the problems I can enumerate off the top of my head right now.
More observations to come later.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote:
thellama73 wrote:All right, I'm back.

Does anyone remember the awesome summaries/recaps I do from time to time when people ask me? Somebody do me a solid and make one of those. I'm going to go back and read a lot as well, but a bird's eye view narrative would be helpful.
I would usually do this, but my perspective is highly skewed. I think I may be able to summarise why each person who got votes, got votes. Others might want to argue my interpretation though. Is that sufficient?
Yes.
Bass - some people thought he was being deliberately limited in his posting content, and felt he read bad. Others felt he was not contributing enough. Others felt he was a good target for baddie recruit.
BWT - seemed to be primarily a reaction to his 'go civs' post, some people found it not genuine or his posting not genuine generally, and also that it is blendy.
DP - for being DP, and because he voted himself.
G-Man - I can't recall why Rico voted G-Man, I think it was to do with G-Man's posts about TH or his posts about me.
Golden - I'll give another post to my perception of why each person voted for me and what I think of it.
MP - you were here for that. He got no more votes after.
Scotty - self voted for not being around much
Timmer - self voted for not being around much
bubbles - for being blendy and jumping on votes without explanation
TH - because the speaker of serenity said so. Some people also found TH's posting about how we should perceive this game odd (he took a very neutralist view of it) but they ultimately voted elsewhere.
Unfurl - No idea why bwt voted unfurl.

Others can add or subtract if they think I've been unfair.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You are a true friend, Golden.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Observation 4: The fip-flop by nutella on Bass's flip pings the heck out of me. Also not feeling great about unfurl, Turnip Head, and (of course) TinyBubbles. Feeling marginally better about MP.
nutella wrote:
Ricochet wrote: So why the double standard between these two Sorcerers' deaths? And why suddenly find Magnetarch to have been dangerous, when previously it was deemed not so bad?
Honestly, I admit I was a little biased by my having wanted to lynch Bass, and wanted to push back a little against people like SVS who had immediately gone "awww he was an innocent unrecruited so sorry you got lynched bb" without considering his role and its potential effects on the game. When I went back to read the Magnetarch's role after the reveal, it was under a different light than when I skimmed through the Sorcerors for threats, and I re-interpreted it as actually rather dangerous, though of course not as scary as Azura or the Pyromancer. And as I said in the earlier post you quoted, some roles can be a huge threat if they're a baddie but immensely helpful if they're a civvie, so I was scanning for Sorcerors that would be particularly threatening as baddies. When I went back to read the Magnetarch however it seems worrying in its own right -- regardless of his recruitment status, the abilities can cause some destructive fuckery. Especially considering a lot of them have a random factor -- it doesn't look like the Magnetarch has much agency in positions 1, 2, and 5.

So, yeah, maybe I would have included the Magnetarch on my earlier list if I had thought a little more about it, but it's not on the same level as the Pyromancer, but rather scary in a different way.

linki: bea, position 4 is the one with poison and I think it's best to delay the infection as long as possible because it will be cumulative. sneaky counter-current vote there.
and MM I believe it is actually bea's birthday that is coming up in a few days (though idk when diggs' is) :p

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote: G-Man - I can't recall why Rico voted G-Man, I think it was to do with G-Man's posts about TH or his posts about me.
I voted G-Man for his vote being based on a let's blindly test the Messenger's credibility by sacrificing the player he called out stance. It was inconsistent with him previously saying there's no reason to blindly trust the Messenger's name calling, plus I found it meta-inconsistent with G-Man having been a Messenger and knowing that a Messenger has no real info for which his credibility to be tested, he can instead only express his personal views sort of incognito, which the rest of the players can follow (knowing it comes from a confirmed civ) or not (knowing it can be as misguided as any player's actual reads).

Of course, G-Man later turned my vote for him to mush, but coming back with a better read and vote (for some reason, I had understood that his TH might be final, due to lack of time to return until EoD, but I guess not), nevertheless I was not able to stay up that late, so I decided to went ahead with the vote.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Observation 5: re: Golden. His whole "I got Epi killed" thing is super shady, and seems like just the kind of thing he could pull off. If true, I would hate to see him get away with it, if only for the precedent it sets.

Observation 6: re: DharmaHelper. I have seen this kind of game from him a million times. Lots of snark, some poking of hornets' nests, but not much original contribution. It is typical for him, but he also is great at fooling people with his baddie game. People know this, and know he would make a powerful recruit. I'm always nervous about keeping him alive too long.

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
Observation 6: re: DharmaHelper. I have seen this kind of game from him a million times. Lots of snark, some poking of hornets' nests, but not much original contribution. It is typical for him, but he also is great at fooling people with his baddie game. People know this, and know he would make a powerful recruit. I'm always nervous about keeping him alive too long.
I disagree
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden voters.

Dom: I feel is probably genuine, although I don't entirely understand why he suspects me. But it's been consistent and felt real. I'd like to understand what specific things I've done that have him suspecting me.

DH: I think is playing a neutral game and was happy to vote for me a threat. I've no problem seeing that as genuine.

SVS: I also think is genuine. Mostly she has gone about comparing me to past games and her comparisons have not been unfair. I think she is not taking on board some of the points I've made and I think I'm playing much more like the golden she knows than she realises. But I also have satisfying reasons in mind for why SVS has stepped up her insistence that I am bad, even though she is wrong. If I was to be lynched tomorrow, I would go down declaring that you should not hold it against SVS.

Rey: I've made my feelings here pretty clear. Rey voted for me on day one because I said that 'certainly epi wouldn't end up on my team' and didn't say to his satisfaction that I recognised this was not true (even though I did say it multiple times). He then voted me on day two for saying I felt guilty about the approach I took to epi. He himself said motivations were more important than actions, but I don't feel as though rey has demonstrated that he has thought about what my motivations would be at all. I acknowledge that rey is a tunneler even when he is civ but I feel like even rey civ would have taken a step back and listened to some of the things I've said but he doesn't really seem to be listening. I have trouble seeing this as genuine. If I was to be lynched tomorrow, particularly if it was done on the back of a vocal rey, I would go down declaring you should strongly consider lynching him the day after.

Boomslang: Bandwagony but consistent. No reason to see it as not genuine, although it feels more the view of a neutral-aligned than anything.

Tinybubbles: Probably the most suspicious since she expressed that I normally take suspicion just for being loud and tended to be a target but said she'd vote for me anyway without ever really explaining why. I felt as though this vote might have been intentionally to avoid heat she was taking from being on TH bandwagon. Hard to say if this is bad or just the sign of a survivalist, though.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

unfurl wrote:birdwithteeth11
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 73#p170173
read my post, I did not say RIP I said Bye, good thing you said you read my posts, makes point you did not
Too bad you dont think I have contributed much to the game, thats your opinion, great way to encourage players to keep playing in this site!!!
I was not around when you finally answered your questions to me
Perhaps my reasons for votting for you were not the strongest or the clearest but that was it at the moment, maybe I need to learn to make better cases
can someone teach me? XD
I know you said bye, not RIP. Where did you think I thought you said that? I thought I read through your posts fairly well.

How am I trying to discourage you from playing here? I just happen to think you've said a lot without saying much that adds to the content so far. It seems to me like you're taking my comments way too personally. It's a game, ya'll.

I went ahead and voted for you because I couldn't wait any longer for you to give your response. Otherwise you might have convinced me to look elsewhere. But you didn't and so it is what it is now.

Also, your comment about how the most engaging people are the only ones who are going to get lynched and/or killed? Are you trying to be intentionally divisive? :evileye:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH: I think is playing a neutral game and was happy to vote for me a threat. I've no problem seeing that as genuine.
DH - I don't buy that you are scared for a second. It's just more bullshit. If I successfully baited an epi kill, there is no way I succeed in doing that twice.
Lets play Which One of These Did Golden Say?

If you guessed both, you are correct.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:Observation 5: re: Golden. His whole "I got Epi killed" thing is super shady, and seems like just the kind of thing he could pull off. If true, I would hate to see him get away with it, if only for the precedent it sets.

Re #5, I'm pretty determined that if Golden played us all with this thing and wins the game, and I don't, I will never speak to him ever again. (Or only for a full future game... except if it's Syndicate and I can't out myself by refusing to talk to a sock Golden... wait wut...) But so far, I still can't fully condemn him for his thing (because, it turns out, I perfectly understood his principle), I can only point to him the flaws I see to it and wish him good fortunes lasting through this tirade against him. At least until something really pinges me about him, of course.

Re #6, I had an early post that he might need to "achieve" something with this, but it's obviously gone for several days now and he mixes it, almost to be safe, with a few stances and/or inquirings. It might still be the case, but idk. Plus, him (due to Omerta) and boo (due to Death Note) are the players for me that, should they ever adopt the "civviest hunt leader" again, will in fact trigger my meta senses off, due to how well they played this trickery as mafia in those respective games. I had a feeling DH was purposefully mixing it up in Watchmen, due to this, but it wasn't the case. I could say I have the feeling DH is purposefully mixing it up in here as well, but it could not be the case.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Why can't I mix things up apart from alignment entirely?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:Why can't I mix things up apart from alignment entirely?
Because it'll still be up for interpretation whether it's benign or suspicious. Your (or anyone's) gameplay choices are free; our scrunity of them is only natural.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I can't believe I'm saying this, especially since I feel like I disagree with Roxy a lot, but I'm totally in agreement on not getting the people celebrating Bass' death. A role such as his would have been incredibly powerful and useful if he had been recruited to a civ team, but very dangerous if it had been a bad team. And given he was chaotic-neutral at this point at worst due to him being a Sorcerer, I see their roles as neutrals as more causing the most chaos possible. That chaos could be controlled one way or the other depending on what team they're recruited to.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Observation 7: I think JJJ demanding that Bass post reads of ten players or else be lynched was super unfair and put Bass in a very difficult spot. Mafia is about detecting the bad guys, not forcing players to dance for your amusement under threat of death. I don't like it. I don't know if it makes JJJ bad, but I don't like it.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Taking an observation break now. Back later with more.

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

OK, read up, which I feel a sense of accomplishment about. Phew. A few comments:

1. They are subs, not hoagies. Despite the fact that I now live in the greater Philly area. Frigging subs. Dammit.

2. @Tranq: I wouldn't advocate for that. My suspicion is too much speculation at this point. And an nk will only tell us clan (and only if that clan) not allegience. And it's not a pingy enough ping to take the risk. Also, I like JJJ's contribution, and don't want to lose that on an out there theory (yes, I know that I'm out there).

3. In all honesty, if I had been awake, I'd have change my vote to bass, mainly because of this post:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:golden do you really think MP was civ recruited already?
Asking someone openly to name whom they think is civ can only help the baddies. Especially in this game, where the baddies do not have a common target but are a common target, and that whole enemy of my enemy thing. I don't think this is a civ-friendly question, and I'm not sure Bass was playing a civ-friendly game, even if not recruited. Or at least wasn't seeming so with this post.

4. Can't remember what else I was going to say.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So you must hate the idea of rainbowlists? Where they rank players from least to most trusted?

While I agree with you, I am afraid that the world has moved on.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:So you must hate the idea of rainbowlists? Where they rank players from least to most trusted?

While I agree with you, I am afraid that the world has moved on.
I do not like rainbow lists, it's true. Although I'm all about rainbows in terms of politics. Just saying.

And even if the world has moved on, I still find the idea suspicious of asking who is civ. Even if it makes me old school.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Official Announcement

so no one gets confused...

Night will end at 10 pm EST. All PM's must be in by then. Please get them in as soon as you have made your decision as it is easier for your wonderful, amazing hosts.
I think you mean 1 (one) beautiful host and 1 (one) soulless mindwrecker. :grin:
I am not soulless OR a mindwrecker thank you very much. :pout:
I guess I should have specified that Long Con is the latter of the two. :llama:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote:MM, I'm guessing you've been waiting for this kind of reaction to your behavior, but I legitimately do not like it. Really, you keep making questionable choices just for shits and giggles. I know you like to be zany but you have formed a pattern in this game of particularly disagreeable actions. It's like you're not even reading the thread or paying attention to what others have to say, you just zip through every now and then and say something totally out of touch. Especially the vote for TH/support of the Speaker's message. It seems like you're doing this on purpose, the old strategy of behaving oddly to try and garner reactions and see who jumps on you, but honestly I'll bite. I think, if that is indeed your intention, you are taking it to too much of an extreme to the point that you come across as apathetic to the game and actively being counterproductive. Even if you are just out for yourself, you should be at least somewhat wary of position 4, unless you are the poisoner.
I do read the thread, and I comment on the things I wish to comment on. Sometimes it is super-de-duper relevant, and sometimes it is bantha fodder.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:Observation 7: I think JJJ demanding that Bass post reads of ten players or else be lynched was super unfair and put Bass in a very difficult spot. Mafia is about detecting the bad guys, not forcing players to dance for your amusement under threat of death. I don't like it. I don't know if it makes JJJ bad, but I don't like it.
I think this mindset is counter-intuitive. You're right that it put Bass in a difficult spot -- that was the point. Prior to that interaction he had said exactly nothing about players not named Bass or MP; I sought to change that. There were two reasons for this:

1.) His responses might have improved or worsened his standing before I placed my vote. I was toying with a number of votes at that point and Bass was the frontrunner. I needed some way of inspiring content from him that might influence my decision. One response which he was free to make, which I honestly expect from an innocent mindset, is "No, JJJ. I'm not going to post reads for you because X." Somewhat akin to DH's response to MP's request for a rainbow.

He chose to provide responses. The effort was appreciated, but the content of that effort did not make me feel better. I wasn't the only one to feel that way.

2.) In the event of a baddie flip by Bass, having a number of baseline reads from him would have been very useful information post-mortem. I didn't want him to get away with having only established minor links with MP and yourself.

What I find dubious, llama, is that you don't seem willing to grant that what I was doing was directly relevant to "detecting bad guys". I wasn't forcing Bass to "dance for my amusement" at all.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So you are blaming the dead non baddie for his own death?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:Observation 5: re: Golden. His whole "I got Epi killed" thing is super shady, and seems like just the kind of thing he could pull off. If true, I would hate to see him get away with it, if only for the precedent it sets.
Could you explain this a bit better? Particularly, what does 'getting away with it' look like and what is the 'bad precedent it sets'.

I have always had big schemes. Sometimes they work and sometimes they backfire. This one might have done both (King Arthur did both too).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DH - I don't buy that you are scared for a second. It's just more bullshit. If I successfully baited an epi kill, there is no way I succeed in doing that twice.

I don't think you are scared that I am going to get you killed, which is what you claimed. I have no problem believing you simply have no qualms getting me out because you see me as a threat. Those are two different things.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:So you are blaming the dead non baddie for his own death?
Me? What?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I don't think you are scared that I am going to get you killed, which is what you claimed. I have no problem believing you simply have no qualms getting me out because you see me as a threat. Those are two different things.
What is the difference between seeing you as a threat and being afraid of you leading to my death? Do you think I am threatened that you might hug me too hard?

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

aapje wrote:Didn't get to record all votes live but I think this should be pretty accurate:

Day 1 short
Day 1 full
Day 2
What insights have you gleaned from this compilation so far?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Didn't you brag about getting Epi killed?

Anyone who thought Epi was civ/unrecruited may see you as a threat.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Speaking of Golden's meta, I find it intriguing that the three people playing this game that have known him and his game the longest ALL voted for him.
Thats interesting. The four players here who have known me the longest (ie played my first ever game) are you, Roxy, Bea, and unfurl. None of the others voted for me.

http://spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... cc7cb9650b (mom is roxy, beatrixkiddo is bea)

Roxy and bea have, in fact, not yet said anything that I have read to be an active suspicion of me. Neither have said they still trust me recently but what they have said has indicated that they read me as genuine. Unfurl, I'm not sure she has mentioned me at all.

I am not that same bea golden. I played on lp ,hv then found rev and tp etc. Never was one of the spoiler TV kids. I think the first game I played with you was the superhero sock game on rev.

Also @ LA - wtf?! No wonder everyone want voting 4.y hed was all work today with the eval and all. Doh!! :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yo JimmyJohnJahusophat I thought we were fighting and stuff. What gives? My knuckles are taped and everything.

You said you would explain your suspicion of me later. Well it's later, and I'm getting older and my joints are hurting actually nevermind we shouldn't fight. My blood thinner medication hasn't been refilled lately and that would be bad for me

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:Yo JimmyJohnJahusophat I thought we were fighting and stuff. What gives? My knuckles are taped and everything.

You said you would explain your suspicion of me later. Well it's later, and I'm getting older and my joints are hurting actually nevermind we shouldn't fight. My blood thinner medication hasn't been refilled lately and that would be bad for me
I'll get to it. I have other things going on atm.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Yo JimmyJohnJahusophat I thought we were fighting and stuff. What gives? My knuckles are taped and everything.

I'll get to it. I have other things going on atm.
Good strategy, actually. I'll just be bobbing and weaving in the corner over here. Tiring myself out.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am Glip Glorp, Prince of the Woop Wah

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: What I find dubious, llama, is that you don't seem willing to grant that what I was doing was directly relevant to "detecting bad guys". I wasn't forcing Bass to "dance for my amusement" at all.
There are lots of things you coul have asked Bass. I don't think demanding reads on random people was productive at all. It just seemed mean.
Golden wrote:
Could you explain this a bit better? Particularly, what does 'getting away with it' look like and what is the 'bad precedent it sets'.

I have always had big schemes. Sometimes they work and sometimes they backfire. This one might have done both (King Arthur did both too).
I think it's fairly self-explanatory. If in fact you killed Epi, and then came into the thread and said "I got Epi killed" and nobody lynched you for it, that would be upsetting to me. It would be an invitation for others to try the same trick in the future. Bad medicine.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 2 End)

Post by Long Con »

The Horrors of War

"Riders! From the west!"

The alarm went up as the sun settled, fat and red, on the horizon. G-Man looked up from his garden and squinted into the light, taking an old pair of headphones out of his ears, unable to see anything out of the ordinary. What had been yelled? His music was playing too loud to have heard. A few other villagers had begun to run for their houses, grabbing their children, but G-Man took a few steps out, peering down the road and out of town. Nothing. Then the ground began to tremble slightly.

Somewhere deep in his gut, a quiet voice began to scream for him to run, to hide, to get far away, but his perplexed head wanted answers as well. Slowly it dawned on him. It was hoofbeats. Many, many hoofbeats, now he could feel it quite a bit.

Gasping, he jerked his head up again to look west, and now he could see it, hazily outlined against the descending crimson sun. Riders!

G-man turned to go, but got his feet tangled up in a rake, and he went down hard with a twisted ankle. Suddenly, the horses were upon him, riding over him, and around him, and a hoof clipped his head, sending him tumbling backward. Another horse trampled right on his left shin, snapping it into shards as he cried out in agony.

His hands shaking, he moved them around the mashed leg, trying to figure out what to do with it, how to move, when he realized that someone stood over him, a tattered cloak blowing in the wind.

"Ubzargan..." he whispered in fear as he recognized the warlord, outlined by the flames of G-Man's burning town. The cyborg reached down to a fear-paralyzed G-Man, and picked up the headphones he had been listening to only minutes earlier, content in his garden.

"I wanna be recruited?" Ubzargan quoted the song he heard. "My friend, look at you. What team would take you now, in this condition?"

Ubzargan lifted a huge metal boot, and as G-Man slumped in complete resignation, the boot came down on his chest, crushing the life out of him in one blow.

G-Man has been killed by Ubzargan the Ruthless.

My records indicate there were 3 missing PMs tonight.

Phase 3 will be held in Position 3. If you have a power that is active by day, you may PM your hosts anytime.

The Scavenger Hunt Contest is now closed, and Black Rock will be contacting winners during the next few hours.

It is now Day 3.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote:

I think it's fairly self-explanatory. If in fact you killed Epi, and then came into the thread and said "I got Epi killed" and nobody lynched you for it, that would be upsetting to me. It would be an invitation for others to try the same trick in the future. Bad medicine.
I agree. Sorry, it wasn't self-explanatory to me, because I wasn't sure if you meant that (SVS view of what she thinks I did) or if you meant what I actually did do, which does not include actually killing epi.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Night 2 Position Poll

Post by Long Con »

Thought I'd post this one right away. We'll do our best to fill in the gaps in the Poll preservation, and link to them from the first page.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

What is the difference between seeing you as a threat and being afraid of you leading to my death? Do you think I am threatened that you might hug me too hard?

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 3)

Post by G-Man »

Well poop on a stick! :(
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “Previous Jobs”