Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 5)

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
timmer wrote:Bea, no one in this game sucks. Well, maybe DP. But not you.

Regarding Bubbles, I would look more towards the people supporting Bubbles earlier in the game than later on to truly find her teamies.
Earlier? You think Tiny was an early recruit? A Founding member?
Hard to say how early to go back. I don't have the time, but others can track back to each moment it was announced that Ubby recruited and then search for people who seemed to start giving Bubbles a pass soon after. As for Bubbles being the first recruit? If Ubby was going for a team of quiet, out of the way players as a strategy? I could maybe see it? Let's say Ubby is a newer player to the site maybe, doesn't have the history... Bubbles may have been picked up early, but I'd bank more on the later, anonymous entry type recruitments.
My siggie.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

timmer wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:Bea, no one in this game sucks. Well, maybe DP. But not you.
...You forgot someone timmer.
Oh God, we're not hopping on the Pity Train, are we?
Nope, I just wanted to see how you'd respond XD

Wilgy stands up and stretches with both hands over head smiling. There's a fire in his eyes.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit mad, but don't expect me to step out of the fray like some others did. :)
I have some points I'd like to make before I'd go to bed, so expect that out of me, but tomorrow I'll be moving so If I don't respond that's why.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement
Caelia would like to recruit another member to her growing army. Please send in a Recruitment Mafia movie pitch with a main cast of 4 actors to play the leading roles. We want this to be a box office hit, so do your best. You have until the end of the night. Which of course is 11 pm EST.
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm not gonna lie. I'm happy no one is talking about Mr but it worries me too. I have played so badly. Why given my vote misses etc aren't I a point of conversation?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

bea wrote:I'm not gonna lie. I'm happy no one is talking about Mr but it worries me too. I have played so badly. Why given my vote misses etc aren't I a point of conversation?
because you are 3cute5me?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Wooo awesome result!! Hope we can find her teammates as well.

Sorry I didn't participate in today's discussion much, I've been really busy with the first week of classes and stuff. I've been reading along and trying to absorb/assess the various cases that have been brought up. I guess you could say I have to think more. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also, voting position 1 I guess. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement

It's time to find out where some roles allegiances lie. There will be one winner with the choice to share or keep this information. One role from each team will be revealed to the winner. It's a huge advantage. Choose one team leader and write a back story for this leader. We will have a third party judge the winner anonymously.

Oh, you have until the end of the night, so get cracking.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:
Official Announcement

I forgot to announce that the recruitment challenge was over some time ago...
When exactly did the recruitment challenge end?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:
Official Announcement

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't know how I keep managing to do that.
Image Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

nutella wrote:Wooo awesome result!! Hope we can find her teammates as well.
nutella wrote:also, voting position 1 I guess. :shrug:
How is quote 2 going to help with quote 1?

I think we're better off voting Position 5 this time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sorry, what?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Official Announcement

When I said it would end earlier.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh nvm I get your meaning. And shit I forgot 1 is when Ubzarf gets immunity. Damn. Why aren't the night polls changeable :|
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

nutella wrote:Oh nvm I get your meaning. And shit I forgot 1 is when Ubzarf gets immunity. Damn. Why aren't the night polls changeable :|
for fun
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:
Public Announcement

Ubzargan has recruited!
Found what I needed! <3 The most recent recruit was at 7:59 on the 31st.

Ok, some theorems as to what happened:
1. Bubbles was bad from before day 4. This means that bubbles took some heat, was saved by a teammate, took part in killing someone who suspected her, received more heat, failed in a defense, and then gave up. Possibly because she ran out of things to defend herself with.
2. Bubbles was recruited during day 5. This means that bubbles took heat, was saved by a non-teammate, was framed for killing someone who suspected her, received more heat, failed in a defense, submitted for a contest to be recruited, was recruited, took a fall for the team.

So, it should be clear that I don't believe in theory 1. If theory 1 is true, then I was completely played a fool. It doesn't make sense to me for Ubooboo to kill Unfurl if Bubbles was a team mate before day 5, due to that implicating Bubbles even more so.

Theory 2 is what I propose actually happened. If you pay attention to the timing of the recruitment day 5 it makes sense. It would also explain why Bubbles didn't respond all day, she was just added to a team. Hence she appeared and spoke to us from beyond the grave the moment the day resolved. this would make sense if Bubbles didn't want to spew that she was recruited, so she chose silence over anything worse. This is reflective of her later more emotional posts, and how they were much more volatile... And her being recruited at 7:59 also explains why she would let me take the fall defending her, instead of her defending herself. I posted her defense 6 min before the day 5 recruitment (and that's not including the time it took to write it). I actively gave her no reason to respond... I'm sorry everyone I almost screwed everything up.

Now, something here that's interesting that I noticed trying to piece this puzzle together.
S~V~S wrote:I held my vote until I was sure I would not need it to defend. I am not as sure about Bubbles as are some, Wilgys extreme desire to save her almost made me vote for her, but i will stick to my own suspicion and vote Sorsha.
I would like to point out that it contradicts this previous post,
S~V~S wrote:I read some of Bubbles posts in other games, and I was like *meh* about her being bad. Anything is possible, but she sounds about the same in those games as she does here. Although i disagree with him on Timmer, I do tend to agree with Wilgy on Bubbles.
If anyone is trying to tread lightly around Bubbles, It was SVS.

Maybe I'm stretching here, but maybe the real reason SVS held her vote was to see if my defense on her teammate would work or not. It kinda makes sense, considering she had to wait to see who her teammate was as well as following my defense.

Last thing to point out, SVS, why did you ignore this?
DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So you think BR made me a baddie recruiter becasue I would like it? Whether I have a "thing" for being a baddie has no bearing on role assignment. One & Three don't go together.

You're just stringing stuff together, when your attempt to save Bubbles with your Timmer suspicions did not fly, you jumped onto DHs post.
SVS, that doesn't make sense, I've been voting for you for awhile now. I didn't list 1 and 3 as cause and effect, I listed it as possibilities. Your pursuit of Golden is what throws me for aloop the most. I agree with what Rico said.
timmer wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Day one there was a 12 or 13 player tie I think.
Oh that?

Wilgy, so your case is three points, one of which is that SVS likes being bad (WTF?) and one of which is that she is one of a ton of people who didn't die from a hugely tied lynch? And this is because you assume one of them was Ubby? What about Terras protecting all Guardians that day?

If that's your case, I'm moving' on, sorry dude.
Uggg... Timmer, I have stated previous the conditions for my vote and didn't want to go through it again. Her pursuit of Golden didn't feel genuine when I read it. I didn't have time to quote everything at the time, due to working on house renovations. Your WTF would be understandable if I hadn't already spoken about SVS being SK in a open role choice environment. I don't assume one of them is Ububudoo, but the possibility is there and we shouldn't forget that. Statistic wise, if we go after a Golden hounder, she's our best choice.

I'm currently packing for the move tomorrow, so I don't have alot of time left for mafia today, nor will I tomorrow. I'll chime in when I get the chance.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

And now that I've completely boned my packing schedule...
Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also SVS why tf did you "hold your vote" they are changeable
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Woohoo! Bubbles was bad! Take note, because even though she was recruited bad, this is the first time Bubbles has ever been bad, afaik.

Anyhow, I'm drunk for the 2nd night in a row, and have caught up a bit.
timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Does Doc Wiggles look bad after this result?
I certainly would think so.
I would go so far as to say it looks very bad for DrWilgy.

He has been the primary cheerleader for her, but only recently.

A little time mapping for you all:
Black Rock wrote:
Public Announcement

Ubzargan has recruited!
That was at 8:59p on Monday the 31st, some time after Night 4 in the first half of Day 5. We don't know exactly when Uzbeethoven recruited, but we can assume it was some time in that time frame.

DrWilgy makes 2 posts immediately after Day 5 goes live, where he gets confused about who died and resigns himself to sleep.

His first post of the day after these 2 posts is @ 5:28p:
DrWilgy wrote:*Wilgy twirls around in an office chair*

A Bubbles lynch sounds dumb... Still too busy to explain a better case though. In the meantime Vote registered for Timmer.
After not commenting at all on the Bubbles lynch the day before, or really mentioning Bubbles in even 1 post prior to this (He mentioned/responded to her exactly once, as one of his 1st posts on Day 1:
DrWilgy wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote: I seemed to have missed it too, damn it :( for the record i probably wouldn't have voted gman, russ, or golden because they seem to be genuine.
A pointless comment. This bothers me.
)
he throws out his unsubstantiated opinion that a Bubbles lynch is dumb, after a series of posts from 6 straight people started voting her in succession. He was "too busy" to explain why he felt that way, and does a random vote for timmer.

Then he gets some more time to throw together his longest post of his game to date:
DrWilgy wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Or the lynch was switched to make us lynch Bubbles again :shrug:
If that's the case, why not just let her be lynched the first time?? I'm with SD on this one.
Because if you have a lynch switch power, why not use it?
I guess. :shrug:
I think it's clear cut honestly -- that lynch switch gets used regardless of Bubbles' alignment. If she's bad, it delays her death. If she's not on the team responsible for the switch, then it ensures someone else dies instead AND Bubbles remains a highly likely lynch after that. Two for the price of one.
I'll repeat here that I suspect get not only because the lynch for switched but because her response to it seemed exaggerated. I would expect her to be all, "I don't know why" but now a paragraph of her going on about how she is so confused and she doesn't know what happened and she em pmed the hosts, etc. It is overkill. It don't feel like a natural civilian response. I think She knows why the lynch got switched, in fact I think it was her teammate that did it.

OBJECTION!!! I disagree with you here Daisy! Along with everyone else who thinks Bubbles is bad! A lot of players here have stated that the reaction from bubbles didn't seem genuine? Explain this to me, what words in precise do this to you? as far as I'm concerned, the way bubbles has been communicating hasn't changed.

Examples:
TinyBubbles wrote:cause i get asked the same question every game! i didn't want to declare " i'm CIV" for the 109485734th time so i made a joke about being bad.
TinyBubbles wrote:Hey all i've been reeeeeally busy and just havent had time to read all posts,sorry. i'm willing to change my vote from turniphead to either golden or bass since that's where things seem to be headed.. golden hasn't seemed totally his upfront self like from previous games, it's giving me goosebumps. what's the case against bass though?
Do please point out exactly what concerns you about bubbles exaggeration here, in the same yellow fashion as mine if you disagree with me. Also, why is Bubbles writing out a larger paragraph to defend herself bad? I personally like the fact that we are seeing more from her at this point.

Canuck, you stated that you didn't trust Bubbles based on this right?
TinyBubbles wrote:damn it, i just can't vote golden again. i don't care if he's a baddie or not, it feels like rejecting a friend. he's totally right about him and other talkative players like MP and epi getting heat just for talking, rather than for the content of their posts. it isn't right,and the game would be dead in the water without their input, i don't think anyone should be punished for posting a lot, even though it obviously makes them a bigger target.

hope you have a good trip golden! i wont vote you out though!!!
and i know my own arguments are flipping back and forth but thats what happens when you get emotionally invested in a game like this ><

voting rey on golden's testimony
Now, I would like to point out that Golden did come up as neutral. Did this affect your judgement on this statement whatsoever? If I missed it, do point it out to me. Bubbles didn't vote for a friend, believing in them, as we all should have considering we lynched a neutral.

Also, you pointed out that it was wrong for her to be emotionally invested even though she hadn't shared much? am I correct? Are you saying that emotional investment is a standard for everyone? simply reading and staying caught up seems to be difficult for many players here and you think that has no emotional affect? especially with all the emotional gameplay happening at the time of the post?

Lastly, I would like to ask this, is there a situation in which Ubzargan wouldn't use his power? Even if Azura uses her power to deflect a lynch train, Ubzargan would still redirect the lynch to someone of his choosing. To save a team mate, stall, even to kill someone he doesn't like. Because of this we shouldn't blame the use of Ubzargan's ability on Bubbles, it just happens to be a really strong ability. The question we should be asking, why did Ubzargan choose Unfurl? not why did Ubzargan choose Unfurl instead of Bubbles.
I imagine Wilgy running out into the street with his pants around his ankles shouting that he found Narnia.

This energized post laments the fact that people find her so un-genuine, and asks people about specifics.

This is probably tin-foiling, but my highlighted line there is equally apt when comparing it to dead Bubbles' recent post explaining that she was, in fact, emotionally invested in this game. My feeling is that she lamented of this fact in chat, and her teammates would know of this. DrWilgy, perhaps, is echoing this sentiment since it was based in reality.

Post after post of Day 5 was Wilgy defending her like a captain talking up his ship.

Here he pleads to JJJ to look into 2 of the Bubbles detractors:
DrWilgy wrote:Wilgy looks over at JJJ sitting aloof in his chair. Walks up to him and pushes the chair over. Wilgy held a blank expression the entire time. Before JJJ can be angry at Wilgy though, Wilgy extends a friendly hand to help JJJ back up. Wilgy's expression is still blank though...

Have you looked at either Canuck or Timmer? I'm currently researching these players, and value what you have to say.
He then does a long response to timmer's philosophy, and really lays it on. Attempting to distance from a Bubbles lynch.

Here he is running to someone whose opinion isn't totally overlooked in BWT:
DrWilgy wrote:Wilgy runs up to BWT and tackles him. Wilgy, with fire in his eyes, stares right into BWT's face. No one knows what to do with Wilgy anymore...
BWT, please comment on my defending of TinyBubbles.
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Wilgy runs up to BWT and tackles him. Wilgy, with fire in his eyes, stares right into BWT's face. No one knows what to do with Wilgy anymore...
BWT, please comment on my defending of TinyBubbles.
*defense
Nice catch of phrasing there at the end.
DrWilgy wrote:So here's the problem I have here. I believe you are confusing Bubbles messages Daisy, the message where she stated that she was messaging LC was actually smallish.
TinyBubbles wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:*casually continues to pretend my shit dont stink*
is that i addressed to me? i am not pretending, i dont get it. was there a power that lynches someone else? i pm'd long con but he hasn't responded yet
Also, a point to be made, the time difference between this post and the previous TB post was only 4 min. If TinyBubbles wasn't being genuine about her post, I would assume she would put a little more thought than 4 minuets.

I chose to defend her because I don't think anyone else will. I was actually OK with the TinyBubbles lynch a day ago, but I honestly don't believe bubbles and Ubzargan being on the same team. I'm tired of free unrecruited lynchings, "Golden killed Epi, so he's bad" was horribly free, "Unfurl was killed because she suspected Bubbles (who already had a wagon going on her)" is horrendously free.
Spacedaisy wrote:Unfurl had some suspicion on her, they may have suspected her of being recruited by another team. Unfurl being the target has no bearing for me on whether or not I suspect Bubbles.
If Bubbles and Ubzargan were on the same team, why would they choose to kill one of the people that had suspicion on Bubbles? wouldn't it make more sense to kill someone else and try to create a new wagon to follow? Killing Unfurl when Bubbles was suspected by her only makes it harder for Bubbles the next day.
But why defend her at all? What changed from Day 4 to Day 5 that would make you see her in a different light?
Ah...there it is. Very...convenient timing, wouldn't you say? :evileye:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bold stance: next time we're in Position 2, the lynch will be switched again.

Will it be to save a teammate?
How will we be able to test that or get info out of that, if there'll be a lynch switch no matter what.
Kill the lynch switcher. It really is that simple.
DrWilgy wrote:We can't. I'm starting to think that position 2 is actually the strongest baddie position while Ubzargan is alive. All aboard the never pick position 2 train! Choo choo!!

I would also like to point out that there was a "arbitrarily" chosen position 2, during poll 1.
Actually, if you look at the positions, position 1 is the the strongest position for him, since he can't die. We knew that position 2 was a bad position, so that's not news.

More pom pom tossing:
DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:ETA: Wilgy, I have no idea why the word arbitrarily is funny to you, but I like that you're rolling with it, and I doubt I'll be voting you anytime soon :clap:
I got nothing but love for you timmer (even if I think you are a baddie at this point).

#Savethecutelittlebubbles
DrWilgy wrote:Can we please not kill TinyBubbles? can we please not give Ubzaggron the satisfaction? this is such a bad idea and another easy frame on someone most likely unrecruited.
Why is he defending her so hard? Even if he were civ-minded, come on man, it's 4 hours til lynch. What does he have to lose by just letting it slide. Also, would an unrecruited player be defending her this hard? :ponder:

Comparing the Golden lynch to the Bubbles lynch:
DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Can we please not kill TinyBubbles? can we please not give Ubzaggron the satisfaction? this is such a bad idea and another easy frame on someone most likely unrecruited.
Can you explain what this is about? Why would Ubby specifically want Bubbles dead?
Am I the only one seeing frame play at work here? Killing Unfurl with Bubbles vote so that we waste on Bubbles? because she's obviously evil. killing Epi because Golden will get lynched? obviously golden was evil too

I think the reason I'm so bothered by bubbles lynch can be defined by a old saying, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well I'm dumb." let's not be dumb here. Why am I defending someone who won't even help themself D:
This is where he points out that he is never wrong:
DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:@Wilgy, I'm not sure I agree with your stance on unfurl/Bubbles. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but that you are tuned in too heavily on one possibility.

Looking back, we were in position 2, so yes, Ubzargan had a lynch switch to use. So yes, it seems likely that he caused unfurl's death. But it's to what END where I am not sure you are right.
But Timmer, I'm never wrong.
This is where he points out that he is wrong:
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:@Wilgy, I'm not sure I agree with your stance on unfurl/Bubbles. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but that you are tuned in too heavily on one possibility.

Looking back, we were in position 2, so yes, Ubzargan had a lynch switch to use. So yes, it seems likely that he caused unfurl's death. But it's to what END where I am not sure you are right.
But Timmer, I'm never wrong.
After she's lynched, he starts hypothesizing, even going so far as to do the same time stamping as I am:
DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Public Announcement

Ubzargan has recruited!
Found what I needed! <3 The most recent recruit was at 7:59 on the 31st.

Ok, some theorems as to what happened:
1. Bubbles was bad from before day 4. This means that bubbles took some heat, was saved by a teammate, took part in killing someone who suspected her, received more heat, failed in a defense, and then gave up. Possibly because she ran out of things to defend herself with.
2. Bubbles was recruited during day 5. This means that bubbles took heat, was saved by a non-teammate, was framed for killing someone who suspected her, received more heat, failed in a defense, submitted for a contest to be recruited, was recruited, took a fall for the team.

So, it should be clear that I don't believe in theory 1. If theory 1 is true, then I was completely played a fool. It doesn't make sense to me for Ubooboo to kill Unfurl if Bubbles was a team mate before day 5, due to that implicating Bubbles even more so.

Theory 2 is what I propose actually happened. If you pay attention to the timing of the recruitment day 5 it makes sense. It would also explain why Bubbles didn't respond all day, she was just added to a team. Hence she appeared and spoke to us from beyond the grave the moment the day resolved. this would make sense if Bubbles didn't want to spew that she was recruited, so she chose silence over anything worse. This is reflective of her later more emotional posts, and how they were much more volatile... And her being recruited at 7:59 also explains why she would let me take the fall defending her, instead of her defending herself. I posted her defense 6 min before the day 5 recruitment (and that's not including the time it took to write it). I actively gave her no reason to respond... I'm sorry everyone I almost screwed everything up.

Now, something here that's interesting that I noticed trying to piece this puzzle together.
S~V~S wrote:I held my vote until I was sure I would not need it to defend. I am not as sure about Bubbles as are some, Wilgys extreme desire to save her almost made me vote for her, but i will stick to my own suspicion and vote Sorsha.
I would like to point out that it contradicts this previous post,
S~V~S wrote:I read some of Bubbles posts in other games, and I was like *meh* about her being bad. Anything is possible, but she sounds about the same in those games as she does here. Although i disagree with him on Timmer, I do tend to agree with Wilgy on Bubbles.
If anyone is trying to tread lightly around Bubbles, It was SVS.

Maybe I'm stretching here, but maybe the real reason SVS held her vote was to see if my defense on her teammate would work or not. It kinda makes sense, considering she had to wait to see who her teammate was as well as following my defense.

DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So you think BR made me a baddie recruiter becasue I would like it? Whether I have a "thing" for being a baddie has no bearing on role assignment. One & Three don't go together.

You're just stringing stuff together, when your attempt to save Bubbles with your Timmer suspicions did not fly, you jumped onto DHs post.
SVS, that doesn't make sense, I've been voting for you for awhile now. I didn't list 1 and 3 as cause and effect, I listed it as possibilities. Your pursuit of Golden is what throws me for aloop the most. I agree with what Rico said.
timmer wrote:
Oh that?

Wilgy, so your case is three points, one of which is that SVS likes being bad (WTF?) and one of which is that she is one of a ton of people who didn't die from a hugely tied lynch? And this is because you assume one of them was Ubby? What about Terras protecting all Guardians that day?

Uggg... Timmer, I have stated previous the conditions for my vote and didn't want to go through it again. Her pursuit of Golden didn't feel genuine when I read it. I didn't have time to quote everything at the time, due to working on house renovations. Your WTF would be understandable if I hadn't already spoken about SVS being SK in a open role choice environment. I don't assume one of them is Ububudoo, but the possibility is there and we shouldn't forget that. Statistic wise, if we go after a Golden hounder, she's our best choice.

I'm currently packing for the move tomorrow, so I don't have alot of time left for mafia today, nor will I tomorrow. I'll chime in when I get the chance.
She had not really defended herself even before that point. That's what made her appear, and reveal to be, so scummy.
You are assuming that Umbreon had no other powers messing around with the night kill. Also, if you don't believe she was
We don't know exactly when she was recruited, that's just when BR posted the recruitment. Also, you sure are backtracking with these timestamps. VERY guilty, my man.
Also:
a) TinyBubbles had been posting the same way, in chunky schedules all game. If you recall she went almost an entire day not defending herself on Day 4, only to show up immediately after her mis-lynch to apply some lipstick and go "oh, that was weird."
b) why on earth would she care about setting you up? If she were a goner anyway, what purpose would that achieve?
c) you're putting so much effort into the time stamps, that, again, it drips with guilt.

"I posted her defense 6 min before the day 5 recruitment (and that's not including the time it took to write it)."
How specific. Is this the same defense you mentioned you didn't have time to write in a post 3 hours and 25 minutes before?

And at the end of your [slightly unwarranted and manic] defense, you start putting the blame on SVS.

Let's say you for a second that you meant well, you're unrecruited/civ, just trying to be the keeper of the peace. You see some good in Bubbles, all before she turns baddie in Day 5. Let's say your theory is correct, you think she's genuine, hindsight is 20/20..a good chunk of people suspected her enough to vote her Day 4 (even you say you were suspicious) and 16 people didn't like her enough to not vote her. You felt like being the knight in shining armor, just in case she was good.

All of this doesn't answer the resounding question: IF YOU ARE UNRECRUITED OR CIV, WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY GAIN BY DEFENDING HER SO HARD?

Voting DrWilgy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oops. It's night.

Silly me.

Picking position 5.

:ninja:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I also have an idea, though it might need to be altered if I don't get the specifics of the role power:

If Ahriman kills someone tonight, doesn't he have a mulligan to shoot again if the Supreme Judge deems it a bad shot?

I don't know when Supreme Judge gets to restart the night, but can she do it after BR/LC posts, or does it have to be before then? (Otherwise I'm not sure of the purpose of that power)

@Hosts can you clarify plz?

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I cannot believe the result. I would never have believed her to be recruited.
I will just admit my little rules about newbs can be quite silly.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I just realized the Windscout's Seemer power was in effect - not sure that is what happened here but it could have.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote:Also SVS why tf did you "hold your vote" they are changeable
I am not a fan of last minute vote changes. But mainly it is force of habit; when I am in a "taking votes" situation, I always hold my vote and don't give whether or not the votes are changeable much thought. I have seen LOTS of lynches shift in the last hour, so when I am taking votes I watch and wait.
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

timmer wrote:
Oh that?

I did not respond to it since I had already responded to the shorthand version, plus I saw a statement here, not a question. You have not been voting for me for "a while now" you voted for me two lynches ago, and had your vote on Timmer most of the past day until DH asked you to switch it.

This game is NOT an open choice environment. And I don't think my preference for being a baddie is a secret from anyone here. If "liking being bad" is criteria for being bad in any given game, I would be screwed EVERY game. It is so well known that I like being bad that I actually think I would be a liability for a baddie recruiter, like I was in RM# when I was recruited by Reywas. I was taking suspicion from both Epi & DH from fairly early in the game. So take what you will about my current recruitment status from that.

And re Golden, that is how I tend to Mafia. I see something I suspect and I go pretty hard after them.

As for your other thoughts, I am sorry that Unfurl died. Other than Roxy I am probably the last person here to kill Unfurl. She is a gentle presence, and I think we need more of her, not less of her.

And had I been bad, and known Bubbles was gonna flip bad, i would have voted her, and I would have voted hella earlier than I did, as would, I think, pretty much anyone else playing, so this is not really WIFOM territory.

Linki @ Roxy, yeah I noticed that too. But why would she make herself come up as bad?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

S~V~S wrote:
nutella wrote:Also SVS why tf did you "hold your vote" they are changeable
I am not a fan of last minute vote changes. But mainly it is force of habit; when I am in a "taking votes" situation, I always hold my vote and don't give whether or not the votes are changeable much thought. I have seen LOTS of lynches shift in the last hour, so when I am taking votes I watch and wait.
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

timmer wrote:
Oh that?

I did not respond to it since I had already responded to the shorthand version, plus I saw a statement here, not a question. You have not been voting for me for "a while now" you voted for me two lynches ago, and had your vote on Timmer most of the past day until DH asked you to switch it.

This game is NOT an open choice environment. And I don't think my preference for being a baddie is a secret from anyone here. If "liking being bad" is criteria for being bad in any given game, I would be screwed EVERY game. It is so well known that I like being bad that I actually think I would be a liability for a baddie recruiter, like I was in RM# when I was recruited by Reywas. I was taking suspicion from both Epi & DH from fairly early in the game. So take what you will about my current recruitment status from that.

And re Golden, that is how I tend to Mafia. I see something I suspect and I go pretty hard after them.

As for your other thoughts, I am sorry that Unfurl died. Other than Roxy I am probably the last person here to kill Unfurl. She is a gentle presence, and I think we need more of her, not less of her.

And had I been bad, and known Bubbles was gonna flip bad, i would have voted her, and I would have voted hella earlier than I did, as would, I think, pretty much anyone else playing, so this is not really WIFOM territory.

Linki @ Roxy, yeah I noticed that too. But why would she make herself come up as bad?

Bc I was thinking the windscout chooses when to use their power - I did not think they had to use it on themselves - I was thinking they made Bubbles appear bad not that she chose to appear bad.
But I am prob looking at this wrong bc I am still heavily medicated.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Since the next position was team seemer, I assumed they had to use it on themselves, but when you assume ... etc.

@Hosties~ Can Windscout in Position 4 make anyone look like another role, or just themself?

And 5 seems the best bet.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Going with 5 and way to go everyone .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Fun fact- I just found the post where I blew up on ObscureAllure back on the boarded-up STV forums; the one I referenced in my Joker post. Turns out I was wrong- it was Gameshow Mafia and I was a civvie. That explains why I was so fired up at her. I thought it was X-Men Mafia when I was a baddie. Oh well. I was wrong.

I saved the monster post in a Notepad file. Still had it on my flashdrive. Oh the things that we keep! :blush:

Reading it, I fear I weaved back and forth across the line between righteous indignation and butt-hurt. There was a legitimate problem rotting out the STV mafia community from the inside but that post reminded me why I exiled myself. :eek:

That was almost six years ago. Time flies. :sigh:

PS- Rez me!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 5)

Post by aapje »

DrWilgy wrote:Wait... Can't we just get everyone to say, "I'm afflicted by Hunger?" to find out who it is?
Only if you'd want some people to die.
Long Con wrote:Caelia frowned slightly as he exited, noting the obvious implication of using her name, and not the title of Luminarch.

TinyBubbles has been lynched. She was the Keeper of Order, and was recruited by Team Ubzargan.
:omg: Great result.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Yo! Scotty, clam down buddy, It's still night time XD

Ok, time to get out the grease and do some debunking. Going through your post and quoting properly sounds like a nightmare, so I'll just copy paste stuff and respond.

"We don't know exactly when Uzbeethoven recruited, but we can assume it was some time in that time frame."
-are we to assume that the time of the hosts post was not the same time of the recruitment? I thought they were posted for a reason.

"I imagine Wilgy running out into the street with his pants around his ankles shouting that he found Narnia. "
-and it was beautiful.

"This is probably tin-foiling, but my highlighted line there is equally apt when comparing it to dead Bubbles' recent post explaining that she was, in fact, emotionally invested in this game. My feeling is that she lamented of this fact in chat, and her teammates would know of this. DrWilgy, perhaps, is echoing this sentiment since it was based in reality."
-or maybe I'm sympathetic, and I feel that gauging someones emotional limit is wrong.

"He then does a long response to timmer's philosophy, and really lays it on. Attempting to distance from a Bubbles lynch."
-Does this not match anything I've done previous? Unfurl was one of my earliest votes this game because her philosophy is in disagreement with my own. Exploring more options, opening discussion, and trying to solve this game by becoming involved with other players isn't distancing oneself from a lynch, It's playing mafia.

"Nice catch of phrasing there at the end."
-Autocorrect is a dirty dirty girl, and I wasn't dancing around the point that I was defending Bubbles. It's obvious that I was, phrasing of what I did is irrelevant here, because we could all see that.

"But why defend her at all? What changed from Day 4 to Day 5 that would make you see her in a different light?
Ah...there it is. Very...convenient timing, wouldn't you say? :evileye: "
-Because lynching someone I believe to be neutral or civ is wrong. If I see and believe that we are about to kill a neutral or civ, I will defend them. Similarly, so everyone knows i'm not talking out of my ass, I stated that I would use my vote to save Golden (which ended up failing). The difference between day 4 and day 5? Unfurl's death. I explained it many times, but I still think, Unfurl's death was meant to frame Bubbles. It didn't sit right with me, it also didn't sit right with me how no one would defend Bubbles, so I thought there had to be something wrong.

"Actually, if you look at the positions, position 1 is the the strongest position for him, since he can't die. We knew that position 2 was a bad position, so that's not news."
-I disagree with your opinions on what is the strongest. In position 2, he can't dye via lynch, and he uses our strength against us.

"Why is he defending her so hard? Even if he were civ-minded, come on man, it's 4 hours til lynch. What does he have to lose by just letting it slide. Also, would an unrecruited player be defending her this hard?"
-I don't think I can express the fact that I thought she was neutral any harder. Why would I allow a neutral die, over someone I thought to be a baddie?

"She had not really defended herself even before that point. That's what made her appear, and reveal to be, so scummy.
You are assuming that Umbreon had no other powers messing around with the night kill. Also, if you don't believe she was
We don't know exactly when she was recruited, that's just when BR posted the recruitment. Also, you sure are backtracking with these timestamps. VERY guilty, my man.
Also:
a) TinyBubbles had been posting the same way, in chunky schedules all game. If you recall she went almost an entire day not defending herself on Day 4, only to show up immediately after her mis-lynch to apply some lipstick and go "oh, that was weird."
b) why on earth would she care about setting you up? If she were a goner anyway, what purpose would that achieve?
c) you're putting so much effort into the time stamps, that, again, it drips with guilt.
"
-Her defense was her explaining that she didn't know what was happening, what made her appear is that people didn't believe it was genuine. No, I don't believe that there were other powers messing with the lynching, not night kill, and there's no evidence to make me believe different. Are you to assume that the Host wouldn't tell us of recruitment the time of recruitment? That wouldn't make sense. What's wrong with backtracking with timestamps? You've done the same thing right here. Timestamps help prove a point by supplying a logical time frame.
a) 2 hours is not immediately
b) Getting a mislynch on me. Which is still good for their team.
c) how so?

"'I posted her defense 6 min before the day 5 recruitment (and that's not including the time it took to write it).'
How specific. Is this the same defense you mentioned you didn't have time to write in a post 3 hours and 25 minutes before?"
-yes, I don't understand what you are reaching for Scotty. How is my use of time incorrect or scummy?

"And at the end of your [slightly unwarranted and manic] defense, you start putting the blame on SVS.

Let's say you for a second that you meant well, you're unrecruited/civ, just trying to be the keeper of the peace. You see some good in Bubbles, all before she turns baddie in Day 5. Let's say your theory is correct, you think she's genuine, hindsight is 20/20..a good chunk of people suspected her enough to vote her Day 4 (even you say you were suspicious) and 16 people didn't like her enough to not vote her. You felt like being the knight in shining armor, just in case she was good.

All of this doesn't answer the resounding question: IF YOU ARE UNRECRUITED OR CIV, WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY GAIN BY DEFENDING HER SO HARD?"
-A lynch on a baddie, instead of an unrecruited. I will always baddie hunt. A mislynch on both a civ and and unrecruited are bad, and we have discussed this before. Some players were even wanting to lynch others because of this philosophy. I don't plan on sitting back while I see something bad happening.
S~V~S wrote:I did not respond to it since I had already responded to the shorthand version, plus I saw a statement here, not a question. You have not been voting for me for "a while now" you voted for me two lynches ago, and had your vote on Timmer most of the past day until DH asked you to switch it.

Open recruitment means this is an open choice environment... Players have the choice to choose who they submit entries to. :disappoint:
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

YES!!! TinyBubbles was bad! I love when I am right. :mafia:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Remember this the next time people give me a hard time for putting weight on the "are you bad" question.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Does Doc Wiggles look bad after this result?
No.
:ponder: Explain?
Doc Wiggles would not have gotten unfurl killed, even to save TinyBubbles.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TinyBubbles wrote:btw i wasn't lying about being emotionally invested, gonna take some time away from mafia. good luck players :beer:
Thanks for playing TinyBubbles. See you in the future.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:I cannot believe the result. I would never have believed her to be recruited.
I will just admit my little rules about newbs can be quite silly.
Roxy, we've talked about this. TinyBubbles is not a newb.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, Synonym is getting my vote until he posts (was there a silencing power yesterday?). At lease DisgruntledPorkonapine has posted.

For the Record: I'm leaving town for a hiking trip tonight. I may or may not be able to check in while I'm gone, but I'll be back late Monday or Tuesday.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Remember this the next time people give me a hard time for putting weight on the "are you bad" question.
You didn't even vote for TinyBubbles, silly llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted for Position 5 in this poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:I'm currently packing for the move tomorrow, so I don't have alot of time left for mafia today, nor will I tomorrow. I'll chime in when I get the chance.
Good luck with your move and stuff.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

8th post in a row, Why not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

5 sounds lime a winner to me.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Remember this the next time people give me a hard time for putting weight on the "are you bad" question.
I did on previous days, and I would have yestday except that I saw my vote wasn't needed and I wanted to make a statement about DH.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I did on previous days, and I would have yestday except that I saw my vote wasn't needed and I wanted to make a statement about DH.
Statement noted.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

BIH Bubbles. Great to see that we finally caught a baddie.

Lotsa theories thrown in already, but as much as I'd love to jump into them myself, I've had a bad afternoon, so I'll come back later.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

I'm not a fan of position 5 after the first rotation, position 3 nope, going with position 1.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Word. See you in the next game Bubs.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

nutella wrote:Oh nvm I get your meaning. And shit I forgot 1 is when Ubzarf gets immunity. Damn. Why aren't the night polls changeable :|
Well crap-ola! I totally forgot about this. :( Would have voted Position 5 if I had remembered.

W00t on the Tinybubbles lynch! :yay: I'm glad my feelings about her reaction to the unfurl lynch ended up being true.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

:coffee:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'll go position 5 to avoid immunity. I'm going to reread TB's posts to see if I can find a link to her recruiter.

Return to “Previous Jobs”