Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by a2thezebra »

Holy fucking shit. Within three minutes of each other my two strongest mafia reads both pop in and express doubts of my alignment. Hilarious.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

Silverwolf
Glorfindel

G-Man
S~V~S
bea

Polo
Matt
Marmot

DrWilgy
Epignosis
SokothQultuq

juliets
Scotty
Black Rock

DFaraday
Drum Beats
ObscureAllure
LoRab
sig
Vompatti
Wtf? Why? I have called out most of the names around me as suspected mafia, I've been screaming LoRab for days before anyone else, and I just came out and said I think your civvie?
What do you feel betrayed or something? You think I just suspect everyone who suspects me and give free passes to everyone who doesn't? Sorry.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

It's not going to be between me and LC by the way, that's some serious bullshit.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, I see that I'm civ now for Zebra. Coolio.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

a2thezebra wrote:It's not going to be between me and LC by the way, that's some serious bullshit.

Why is LC green?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

a2thezebra wrote:What do you feel betrayed or something? You think I just suspect everyone who suspects me and give free passes to everyone who doesn't? Sorry.
Still waiting on actual reasoning on that one. Evidence? You think I'm team mates with the people that I chased after before anyone else really did?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

OA why do you think LC and I are on a team? Or are you suspicious of us independently.

Zebra I've been suspicious of you for awhile, saying what your saying isn't helping my read of you.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Three

Post by Black Rock »

Polo wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Voting Lorab

I don't think Lorab is a good Cylon, and I want her to keep having the most votes.
Uh, you voted Long Con on the poll.

Yeah, I don't know what happened there.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, I re-read the last three hours of the Day phase two times already and still hella confused by all the talk, cylon claiming, colon digesting, vote tactics and such. Guess I'll just to resort to vote analysis, because LoRab's created a clear cut change in the whole dynamics. She waited for eight people to vote her to use her trump card. And then, with a few exceptions (Spacedaisy, G-Man, Sokoth votes, etc.), Nerolunar became the main wagon from scratch. At one point, I was shocked to see Black Rock having voted Long Con, but apparently it's a flub.

I don't get why some players just dumped Cylon claims merely for the sake of getting rid of 'em. Most of you weren't even strong lynch candidates. I find this behavior a bit chaotic. If you're humans, you merely went around the law and played with the notion of fake claiming. If you're cylons, right now you could have easily bantered your way out of every having to out yourselves for real and your D2 testimony being treated as the equivalent of WIFOM ("did he/she claim for bantz or for real?"), instead of being every scrutizined properly. :suspish:

Anyway, LoRab's claim had a different tone (and was influenced by a different situation) compared to other fakeclaims (or were they hrmpf), so bottom line:

-- if she's human and civilian, it's a poor way of getting yourself out of trouble for one phase; besides, she doesn't even insist on being human, so I don't find angle too plausible
-- if she's human and bad, it falls under "lynch LoRab again" category
-- if she's Cylon and bad, it falls under "lynch LoRab again" category
-- if she's Cylon and good, the only lore leeway I could accept, in theory, is her being Caprica Six. Anna D'whatshername also kinda rebelled against the other numbers at one point, but it was for personal goals (finding out the Final Five), not human ones. That's still one/two Cylons out of a remaining roster of six. So unless LoRab can prove convincing that she just so happens to be the one potential non-mafia Cylon character in the game, there won't be much against the notion of lynching her again come tomorrow.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Lorab needs to be lynched. I don't think there's any question about that. Long Con can be next thought. I believe I found a post that clearly comes from a cylon mindset last day phase, his refusal to vote nutella speaks volumes, he interfered with the sorties, he got involved with the whole Matt and I think to try to stir it up when it was dying down, his posts are way too "I'm not a cylon, cylons are bad" to the point where it looks overdone. And anyone that thinks a cw can't be on a scum team mate should look at Turf Wars.

Here's the post I'm talking about that comes from a cylon mindset. I realize some of you think he made a mistake but I think it's telling he's assuming everyone is a cylon.
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:A new law has been passed.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.
Very creative, President! What's gonna happen? I predict that the player that is going to be lynched today will, not before deadline minus fifteen minutes, declare themselves a Cylon in order to avoid getting lynched.

Aware of this likelihood, we will have some sort of loose idea of a second-place lynch candidate with some votes, provided we can all come to some agreement about who's voting where and what it will mean in the new reality this law dictates.

This second-place candidate will likely be paying attention, and declare themselves a Cylon to survive, in which case the third-most votes will decide the lynch target. If we somehow come together harmoniously enough to be able to plan for this eventuality, I propose we go for a low-posting type, someone we just don't have the ability to give a solid read on, but more importantly, someone who isn't going to be likely to declare themselves a Cylon. :nicenod: You dig what I'm saying?

(And of course, everyone but Epi who declares themselves a Cylon to escape lynch is going to later deny being a Cylon, claiming only to have said it under threat of death, etc. Right? I don't see this law as being likely to catch Cylons.)

That will take some indiglo-Sortie-level-planning, and I don't know if it's possible. I think it would take at least three designated players who will be around at lynch time to choose the third target on the fly or something. Even just typing this out, my mind is blown by how much this changes the entire landscape of the lynch. We can choose to let fate and vote timing and online availability decide this lynch in a more uncontrollable way than usual... or we can come together and work with each other to keep tight control on who is getting lynched. Either option works for me. I'm too lazy to take the helm in an organization bid.

I just wanted to talk out some scenarios in order to get everyone thinking in portals. This crazy law is forever, each one of us gets to literally stop their own lynch with a simple post once in the game, be it today or on Day 14. This is our new reality, breath it in and taste it.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Also, if Lorab is a teammate LC didn't vote for him either but put an unexplained vote on Rico. I really believe his behavior and voting this game comes from a baddie mindset.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I don't get why some players just dumped Cylon claims merely for the sake of getting rid of 'em. Most of you weren't even strong lynch candidates. I find this behavior a bit chaotic. If you're humans, you merely went around the law and played with the notion of fake claiming. If you're cylons, right now you could have easily bantered your way out of every having to out yourselves for real and your D2 testimony being treated as the equivalent of WIFOM ("did he/she claim for bantz or for real?"), instead of being every scrutizined properly. :suspish:
Did you even read the plan? The point is that if everyone posts in thread "I am a Cylon", then we can theoretically eliminate all amnesty in a single day phase.

We weren't claiming "for shits and giggles", we were claiming to force the hands of the Cylons.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet is on my list of "too hesitant to be human".

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Wow that was a thrilling catch up! :faint:

So many things happened...
Do you have anything to say about the other things?
Matt wrote:I think he's [Marmot's] a liar. Dunno about what exactly, but he's lyin' about something.
So you're not convinced about your case, but I must be lying just because?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I don't get why some players just dumped Cylon claims merely for the sake of getting rid of 'em. Most of you weren't even strong lynch candidates. I find this behavior a bit chaotic. If you're humans, you merely went around the law and played with the notion of fake claiming. If you're cylons, right now you could have easily bantered your way out of every having to out yourselves for real and your D2 testimony being treated as the equivalent of WIFOM ("did he/she claim for bantz or for real?"), instead of being every scrutizined properly. :suspish:
Did you even read the plan? The point is that if everyone posts in thread "I am a Cylon", then we can theoretically eliminate all amnesty in a single day phase.

We weren't claiming "for shits and giggles", we were claiming to force the hands of the Cylons.
Did you read my caveat? Cylons could perfectly blend in with this, whilst not giving a frak about actual amnesty. The amnesty law should be like plain bait for Cylons, especially bad ones. I can't speak for LoRab's decision, but if I were Cylon and bad, I would not touch the amnesty button one bit, at this stage. LoRab did, but I doubt all six others will and I doubt this law will be the gamesolver for us civilians.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Did you read my caveat? Cylons could perfectly blend in with this, whilst not giving a frak about actual amnesty. The amnesty law should be like plain bait for Cylons, especially bad ones. I can't speak for LoRab's decision, but if I were Cylon and bad, I would not touch the amnesty button one bit, at this stage. LoRab did, but I doubt all six others will and I doubt this law will be the gamesolver for us civilians.
Why?

I doubt a cylon would use the Amnesty unless they were sure to the point of certainty they were gonna be lynched. So ... the law means someone else, probably not a cylon, is gonna get lynched instead and we have to waste a day relynching someone who was gonna be lynched anyhow? This is EXACTLY what happened yesterday; most seemed to expect a LoRab lynch, so everyone who had not voted flailed around like headless chickens about who to lynch, and it wound up being a civvie. This seems a lot more chaotic to me than leaving the amnesty claims out there. Had LoRab not been able to claim, Nero would still be alive and one more cylon would be gone. Having seen the amnesty in action, I have no issue with encouraging people into saying it, removing that lifeline, no matter how remote a chance that pepole use it.

I can't speak for everyone, but another reason I did it is because the host said many/most (I don't recall which word he used) roles have secrets. Plus there are contests. Knowing Golden, it would not surprise me if one of the secrets/prizes was a lie detect.

I had no problem saying I was a cylon for the purposes MM outlined, and I don't think it will hurt if people say it, unless they actually *are* cylons. I don't really see why there is resistance to this idea.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don't see how saying it can hurt Cylons at this stage, if everyone is saying it. Sure, they'll be deprived of attempting to pull any more amnesty moves, but we'll have no way to potentially identify them, if he pool will be large. Wasn't the law primarly designed for that? :shrug2:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I don't expect it to be a game-solver.

I expect it to make things easier for those who need to lynch Cylons. Letting the Cylons save their amnesty until late points in the game could prove detrimental. Imagine if there are three bad Cylons left on Day 10. It could take 6 days to lynch them if they play their cards right. I'd rather avoid that scenario and make it 3.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I don't see how saying it can hurt Cylons at this stage, if everyone is saying it. Sure, they'll be deprived of attempting to pull any more amnesty moves, but we'll have no way to potentially identify them, if he pool will be large. Wasn't the law primarly designed for that? :shrug2:
Nobody else (or only a few more) follow the plan: Then we continue the game with several cases of amnesty still in play. With unchangeable votes in the lynchpoll, then I completely agree with SVS. This will just lead to of chaotic lynch after chaotic lynch day-after-day.

Everyone but the Cylons follow the plan: Then we found our Cylons. I don't expect this result, but it is possible.

Everyone follows the plan: We don't learn who the Cylons are, but they are at least easier to lynch.

What do we have to lose by using this plan Ricochet? How would it hurt the humans for every player to Cylon-claim?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Where's that confounded bridge?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:An immune player does not even have zero votes. If the lynch ended with a tie of players on zero votes, they would still be immune and not form part of any tie breaker. They have no number of votes, and any votes towards them won't change that. This is true of any mechanic that makes someone 'immune', including the Cylon Immunity Act.
:smoky: Tell us more about these other mechanics..!
Or, alternatively, I could just rely on you to read everything I've already written thoroughly?
*sigh* I suppose. But first there's a couple of pages of crap to respond to since I went to bed last night.
ObscureAllure wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:BTW, I agree with lynching Lorab tomorrow followed by Long Con after that.
Why LC?

How has this man been a top suspect since day one and he's not lunched yet. Lol
Indeed. Funny thing is, I'm not bad or a Cylon. :shrug2:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:OA and Silverwolf, let's form a town bloc. I trust y'all and find your reads mostly agreeable. If we put our heads together I think we can make great progress.
Don't trust this guy, ladies.
ObscureAllure wrote:I'd bet money that LoRab and LC are cylon mafia.
I wish this were true.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:2. With LoRab having outed herself, a legitimate strategy could then be employed by honest people to pursue the lynch of someone else. Epignosis was the primary purveyor of this strategy, and I don't fault him for that. If LoRab truly had earned herself amnesty, then Golden's interpretation of the President's law would facilitate the lynch of the player with the second-most votes. This could be any player at any vote total so long as it is the second most.
:rolleyes: Good thing Epignosis was there to talk about such things at the time. Don't mention that Long Con said the same, or it might hurt your smear campaign.

You are not impartial, you only wish to present negative things about me, not the whole picture. I understand why, though - it's because you are a Cylon.
a2thezebra wrote:JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

Silverwolf
Glorfindel

G-Man
S~V~S
bea

Polo
Matt
Marmot

DrWilgy
Epignosis
SokothQultuq

juliets
Scotty
Black Rock

DFaraday
Drum Beats
ObscureAllure
LoRab
sig
Vompatti
What is this? Why am I so green on your list when everyone else says I'm bad? Explanation? I don't trust you.
Matt wrote:Wow that was a thrilling catch up! :faint:

So many things happened...
Next day phase, we all need to follow Marmot and claim Cylon. Genius! Of course, that would mean only those who claimed Cylon during this phase would be up for lynch, but at this point, it looks like Lorab's a goner anyway so it'd be the perfect day phase to finish this.

Speaking of Marmot... :ponder:

May 15, 8:16 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:So basically right now it comes down to who would we rather have in front, Nero or Lorab.

Pros of Nero ahead:
-Human!Lorab would not die

Pros of Lorab:
-We would know for sure if Lorab is a cylon.

I'm personally leaning more towards putting Nero ahead. Would've preferred Glorfindel or Bea, but sadly that's not a choice.

Vote: Nerolunar
As Golden just cleared up, Lorab effectively has 0 votes (unless she lied).

Thus, Nerolunar would be the lynch leader regardless of your vote. But that's alright.
Here, we have MM telling Drum that Nero is going to be the lynch leader regardless of his vote, because Lorab has, technically, zero votes.

At this point, Marmot believes that Nero is leading the lynch.

May 15, 8:38 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vote Nerolunar
If Nerolunar flips civ, you're my next lynch.
Why?

1) I don't do ties if I can help it.
2) If Lorab is a Cylon (which I believe she is), then Nero is lynched no matter where I vote.
3) I don't understand why you come to this conclusion.
1 and 2 conflict. Marmot says he doesn't do ties in 1. However, in 2, Marmot says he does, in fact, believe Lorab is a Cylon, so therefore it wasn't even a tie, from his POV. So his number 1 is a lie.

Also, go back to the 8:16 PM quote, and see what he tells Drum. "Nerolunar would be the lynch leader regardless of your vote. But that's alright." By saying "but that's alright", I feel, from Marmot's PoV, that Drum did something "wrong" by voting for Nero, yet Marmot would do the exact same thing, vote for Nero, less then 20 min later. Wtf

At this point, Marmot believes that Lorab and Nero were tied...except he really doesn't, cuz as he said, he fully believed Lorab was a Cylon. So I guess he thought that Nero was still in the lead? Inconclusive.

May 15, 8:42 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well I'm sorry Nerolunar. :(

Y'all are going to have to deal with it. I said earlier I'd prefer a Long Con or Glorfindel lynch, but the tie was created between Lorab and Nerolunar. I'm not going to place a worthless vote elsewhere if there at tie between the top wagons.

If you've got a problem with it, tough shit.
Now here, suddenly Marmot goes full on "they were tied" mode. Despite clearly advising Drum, less then a half hour before, that Nero was in the lead.

At this point, Marmot believes Lorab and Nero were tied.

May 15, 10:44 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I had it in my mind that there was no reason to vote for Lorab because she claimed Cylon and wouldn't be lynched regardless. In retrospect, I think you and Daisy are correct on what I should have done, but that didn't occur to me until too late.

That said, voting for Nerolunar was still better than voting somewhere else. A tie between Lorab and Nero with Nero being lynched wouldn't have learned us anything, again assuming that Lorab is a Cylon.
Again, these ideas conflict.
If Marmot believes that there's no reason to vote for Lorab because she wouldn't be lynched regardless, then his reason # 1 in the 8:38PM post doesn't make sense. "I don't do ties." There wouldn't be a tie!

Anyway, at this last point, I'm not sure if Marmot believes they were tied or if Nero was in the lead, or whatever. It's blurry, because Marmot isn't being clear.

I think he's a liar. Dunno about what exactly, but he's lyin' about something.

I find it questionable that he said "but that's alright" to Drum at one point in the evening, as if Drum might have made a "mistake", and then goes on to make the exact same "mistake" less then 30 minutes later!!

Hrm.
I agree with Matt here. Metalmarsh is bad.
Vompatti wrote:I'm pretty sure either Zebra or LC is bad, but probably not both of them.
Why? :eye:
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

Long Con wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm pretty sure either Zebra or LC is bad, but probably not both of them.
I had a theory about this last night and it felt so obvious I didn't even write it down. :beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silverwolf wrote:Lorab needs to be lynched. I don't think there's any question about that. Long Con can be next thought. I believe I found a post that clearly comes from a cylon mindset last day phase,
We come back to this one at the end of the post...
his refusal to vote nutella speaks volumes,
Weak, simplistic reasoning. Try harder.
he interfered with the sorties,
Even weaker. I'm a Cylon because I sent a Sortie to D5. :rolleyes:
he got involved with the whole Matt and I thing to try to stir it up when it was dying down,
Weakest of all because it is a blatant lie! "However, I don't really believe that Silver starting to enjoy the game in the last short while is alignment-indicative." That's what I said. Is that trying to stir it up, or is that saying that it's not relevant? :eye: :eye: :eye: Possible scumtell here (I don't know why else Silverwolf would tell such a lie), but don't worry Silver, no one is going to listen to me. :)
his posts are way too "I'm not a cylon, cylons are bad" to the point where it looks overdone.
Guilty as charged, I have overdone it a little. So I wanna roleplay a little, so what? :shrug:
And anyone that thinks a cw can't be on a scum team mate should look at Turf Wars.
What relevance does this statement about counterwagons have?
Here's the post I'm talking about that comes from a cylon mindset. I realize some of you think he made a mistake but I think it's telling he's assuming everyone is a cylon.
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:A new law has been passed.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.
Very creative, President! What's gonna happen? I predict that the player that is going to be lynched today will, not before deadline minus fifteen minutes, declare themselves a Cylon in order to avoid getting lynched.

Aware of this likelihood, we will have some sort of loose idea of a second-place lynch candidate with some votes, provided we can all come to some agreement about who's voting where and what it will mean in the new reality this law dictates.

This second-place candidate will likely be paying attention, and declare themselves a Cylon to survive, in which case the third-most votes will decide the lynch target. If we somehow come together harmoniously enough to be able to plan for this eventuality, I propose we go for a low-posting type, someone we just don't have the ability to give a solid read on, but more importantly, someone who isn't going to be likely to declare themselves a Cylon. :nicenod: You dig what I'm saying?

(And of course, everyone but Epi who declares themselves a Cylon to escape lynch is going to later deny being a Cylon, claiming only to have said it under threat of death, etc. Right? I don't see this law as being likely to catch Cylons.)

That will take some indiglo-Sortie-level-planning, and I don't know if it's possible. I think it would take at least three designated players who will be around at lynch time to choose the third target on the fly or something. Even just typing this out, my mind is blown by how much this changes the entire landscape of the lynch. We can choose to let fate and vote timing and online availability decide this lynch in a more uncontrollable way than usual... or we can come together and work with each other to keep tight control on who is getting lynched. Either option works for me. I'm too lazy to take the helm in an organization bid.

I just wanted to talk out some scenarios in order to get everyone thinking in portals. This crazy law is forever, each one of us gets to literally stop their own lynch with a simple post once in the game, be it today or on Day 14. This is our new reality, breath it in and taste it.
If that's what you think, then you have experienced a massive reading comprehension fail.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Vompatti wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I had a theory about this last night and it felt so obvious I didn't even write it down. :beer:
:beer: Good enough for me!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Nobody else (or only a few more) follow the plan: Then we continue the game with several cases of amnesty still in play. With unchangeable votes in the lynchpoll, then I completely agree with SVS. This will just lead to of chaotic lynch after chaotic lynch day-after-day.
I don't find it in the interest of any civilian to fakeclaim during future Day phases just to save their asses, so this scenario is actually better for leaving such pressure only to actual Cylons.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Everyone but the Cylons follow the plan: Then we found our Cylons. I don't expect this result, but it is possible.
Who is "everyone"? If you are supposedly an uninformed civilian, you should have no concept of who "everyone but Cylons" might be. There is no way to distinguish Cylons from humans (or baddies from civilians) simply by assuming that "everyone but Cylons will follow through". I don't find this scenario feasible. Case in point, I am human civilian and don't plan to fake Cylonclaim. What you're proposing sounds almost like a "hey, everyone who is civ say so, the others must be therefore bad". Uh, fat chance.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Everyone follows the plan: We don't learn who the Cylons are, but they are at least easier to lynch.
If everyone follows the plan, we go back to the usual lynch status quo, in which nobody is safe from lynching based on this law. That's about it.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: What do we have to lose by using this plan Ricochet? How would it hurt the humans for every player to Cylon-claim?
It would not hurt the humans, but it would not help them bait or distinguish Cylons no more. Besides, we should be respecting da law and I find it that this law was meant to ensnare Cylons, not for us to use it en gros to allow for nothing to be potentially achieved.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I'm o.k. with MM's plan to all say we are a cylon. I have nothing to hide or fear. I am a cylon. There I said it. Why are we even arguing this? I think this is a good way to prevent the situation that happened with Nero and LoRab where everyone is scrambling at the last minute. Also, think about this for a minute. If everyone does it this day/night phase, they can't do it next time right before they are lynched. This prevents mislynches and last minute vote scrambles. And next phase a person who has admitted it, can be lynched if we catch them by good old fashioned scum hunting, so I think this is beneficial overall and everyone should do it. If you are a civ, this should be easy to do and you should have no problem with it. If you aren't, I can understand why you wouldn't want to.

We should just lynch anyone who doesn't want to or hasn't done this after we lynch LoRab and Lon Con.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Why does Rico always make me want to lynch him? Haha. Like, I think he's one of the best players around, what with his analyses and all, even this game I'm feeling better about him lately, buuuuuut now, he's trying to counter the Revolution against one of the worst laws in Colony history!!!

@ Long Con, I'll listen to you buddy! Let's form a towny bloc and vote 3J!! (after Lorab's gone, of course)

@ Marmot, can you please explain why you claimed that you voted for Nero because "you don't do ties" even though you clearly believed Lorab was telling the truth about being a Cylon, thus no tie even existed, at least from your PoV? Your reasons for voting Nero are not clear in the slightest, they make no sense.

Linki - @ Silverwolf, I'm happy you're on board with the plan, but I believe we must wait until Day for it to work. Please say "I am a cylon" starting next day phase!
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What do you feel betrayed or something? You think I just suspect everyone who suspects me and give free passes to everyone who doesn't? Sorry.
Still waiting on actual reasoning on that one. Evidence? You think I'm team mates with the people that I chased after before anyone else really did?
Yes.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Really? We have to do it during the day? OK, I'll do it first thing if I'm alive.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

OMG, Long's Con rebuttal to me is practically a scum claim in itself. All he's doing is descrediting and misrepresenting what I'm saying which is scum play 101.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Awesome result guys, really. I wish I had gotten that write-up on Glorfindel into the thread sooner. Would any of you later LoRab or Nero voters gone that way even? I realize that we now seem to have a few more fish to fry but please don't forget about Glorfindel. I'm convinced he's a Toaster. Heck, even the civvie that was just mislynched was leaning that way.

Since nobody has submitted a sortie in a while,

GOLDEN THE COWARD ;) ! Let's do :

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Fos Ricochet-He's too opposed to a plan that benefits civs and hurts baddies. I had a town read there until this. Also, D'Faraday needs to speak up or be lynched as well.
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Three

Post by G-Man »

Here is an updated sortie rundown. Failed sorties are still blue and successful sorties are still red. Sorties that we're waiting on Golden the Coward ;) to provide a result for are now in green. Let's get some people to sign up for the next couple please!

>May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
>May 9, 5:47 5:49 am EST - ika, A3
>May 9, 11:49 am EST - indiglo, A5 LC, D5
>May 9, 5:49 pm EST - Silverwolf, A5
>May 9, 11:49 pm EST - Marmot, E3
>May 10, 5:49 am EST - SVS, B2 - SUCCESS
>May 10, 11:49 am EST - juliets, C3
>May 10, 5:49 pm EST - SW, F4
>May 10, 11:49 pm EST - indiglo, F5
>May 11, 5:49 am EST - Rico, E5
>May 11, 11:49 am EST - G-Man, E1
>May 11, 5:49 pm EST - juliets, B3
---Switching to 12 hour intervals---
>May 11, 11:49 pm 12:12am EST - Scotty, D6
>May 12 - 12:12 pm 12:34 pm EST - Bea indiglo - B6
>May 13 - 12:34 am EST - Marmot - F2 - SUCCESS
>May 13 - 12:34 pm EST - G-Man - A6 - SUCCESS
---Switching to 6 hour intervals---
>May 14 - 12:04 am EST - Scotty - C5 - SUCCESS
>May 14 - 6:04 am 12:00 pm EST - Marmot - C1
>May 14 - 6:00 6:10 pm EST - Epigdingus - B5
>May 15 - 12:00 12:11 am EST - Marmot - D2
>May 15 - 6:56 am EST - JJJ - D3
----
May 16 - 2:39 am EST - Snarmot - F6
May 16 - 12:42 pm EST - G-Man - E4
----
May 16 - 6:42 pm EST - ?
May 17 - 12:42 am EST - ?
May 17 - 6:42 am EST - ?
May 17 - 12:42 pm EST - ?

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
My Banners:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

sig wrote: I disagree any if I was mafia thing can be used by mafia. And mafia can openly defend their teammates smart mafia do it, the winners of GoC did it and I've done it multiply times and have never gotten lynched in the past. So saying smart mafia wouldn't do this is WIFOM ridden and inaccurate.
I said it can be said by town, not that it can't be said by mafia. Wilgy implied it was a slip on OA's part. Sure, scum can openly defend their scumbuddies but one of the goals of playing scum is to diminish associative tells with your buddies so it's not wise to openly defend them because if one gets lynched, you go down with them. If you've seriously done this multiple times and not been lynched, then town was not paying attention.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Why does Rico always make me want to lynch him? Haha. Like, I think he's one of the best players around, what with his analyses and all, even this game I'm feeling better about him lately, buuuuuut now, he's trying to counter the Revolution against one of the worst laws in Colony history!!!
Da law is da law.
Silverwolf wrote:Fos Ricochet-He's too opposed to a plan that benefits civs and hurts baddies. I had a town read there until this. Also, D'Faraday needs to speak up or be lynched as well.
How does it hurt baddies? Give me your perspective. How is it unlikely for Cylons to literally blend in with a large crowd of fake claimers? Why am I suspicious for bringing this up?

Also, is your fake claim enabled and used up, if you say it during the Night?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silverwolf wrote:OMG, Long's Con rebuttal to me is practically a scum claim in itself. All he's doing is descrediting and misrepresenting what I'm saying which is scum play 101.
:haha: "Discrediting" and "misrepresenting" are two big words that usually mean dick all. I responded to your accusations straight. Have fun in your tunnel, wolf.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Ricochet wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Fos Ricochet-He's too opposed to a plan that benefits civs and hurts baddies. I had a town read there until this. Also, D'Faraday needs to speak up or be lynched as well.
How does it hurt baddies? Give me your perspective. How is it unlikely for Cylons to literally blend in with a large crowd of fake claimers? Why am I suspicious for bringing this up?

Let me lay it out better:

We all claim day 4 that we are cylons. We lynch LoRab. Day 5 comes around and we scumhunt and lynch Long Con for example. Now, he dies. See what I mean? It prevents the situation that occurred between LoRab and Nero and reduces last minute vote scrambling and mislynches.

If you are still opposed to it after I say this, then you are an auto FoS.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Players who have claimed Cylon

Lorab
MM
S~V~S
Long Con
Daisy

Polo and Drum also "claimed" Cylon, but also said it in such a way that I'm not sure it counts, so I'd like these two to reclaim starting Day 4, without the "just kiddings" and such.

So, again, and I hope we can keep this list updated... (Cylon claimers in red)

a2thezebra
bea
Black Rock
DFaraday
Drumbeats
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
G-Man
3J
juliets
Long Con
Lorab
Marmot
Matt
OA
Polo
Ricotech
SVS
Scotty
sig
Silverwolf
Sokoth
Daisy
Vompatti
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Silverwolf wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

We all claim day 4 that we are cylons. We lynch LoRab. Day 5 comes around and we scumhunt and lynch Long Con for example. Now, he dies. See what I mean? It prevents the situation that occurred between LoRab and Nero and reduces last minute vote scrambling and mislynches.

Technically, we cannot "all" claim on Day 4 anymore. Some have already claimed Day 3. But I'll pick up your thesis:

Everyone uses his claim Day 4. Cool.
Tell me which are the Cylons.
Tell me how the baddies are hurt, in this instance.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A question for the host:
In comparing the lynch poll with your vote post for Day 3, I see that SokothQultuq's vote is not recorded on your Day 3 list. Is this a mistake or was his vote withheld for some reason?

Here is his vote:
SokothQultuq wrote:Keeping with my promise. I rolled a 10. So 3J it is..

I vote JaggedJimmyJay
Others have voted in a similar format as this.

If it is a mistaken omission, he voted in the thread between Epignosis and juliets.

I'm just looking for a yay or nay on whether his vote should appear on your list.

I'm going to go work on my technicolor lists but Sokoth's vote status is kind of important for accuracy's sake.
My Banners:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Rico, for serious?

Did you just not see how this "law" hurt the town yesterday? If such a law never existed, a Cylon would be lynched (and at this point, there's a better chance of Lorab being an evil Cylon then a good one), and the XO of the Battlestar would still be alive!!!

:faint:
Image Image Image Image
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Long Con wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:OMG, Long's Con rebuttal to me is practically a scum claim in itself. All he's doing is descrediting and misrepresenting what I'm saying which is scum play 101.
:haha: "Discrediting" and "misrepresenting" are two big words that usually mean dick all. I responded to your accusations straight. Have fun in your tunnel, wolf.
Of course they wouldn't mean shit to you since you keep doing it.

You have plenty of suspicion on you already so I shouldn't have too much trouble getting you lynched.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Ricochet wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Technically, we cannot "all" claim on Day 4 anymore. Some have already claimed Day 3. But I'll pick up your thesis:

OMG, I just explained this in the post you quoted. I don't know how you can't see it. Unless you are purposely misinterpreting it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Becasue when they are up for a lynch on subsequent days, they can't claim cylon. They can be lynched that day, rather than a last minute unintentional CFD lynch which is most likely to be a civvie. Which is what happened yesterday.

Had LoRab not been able to claim yesterday, she would not be lynched, not Nero. This would have been bad for LoRab. It won't hurt them the day they do it, but it could hurt them down the road.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EPWOP~ *She WOULD HAVE BEEN lynched, not Nero.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Nobody else (or only a few more) follow the plan: Then we continue the game with several cases of amnesty still in play. With unchangeable votes in the lynchpoll, then I completely agree with SVS. This will just lead to of chaotic lynch after chaotic lynch day-after-day.
I don't find it in the interest of any civilian to fakeclaim during future Day phases just to save their asses, so this scenario is actually better for leaving such pressure only to actual Cylons.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Everyone but the Cylons follow the plan: Then we found our Cylons. I don't expect this result, but it is possible.
Who is "everyone"? If you are supposedly an uninformed civilian, you should have no concept of who "everyone but Cylons" might be. There is no way to distinguish Cylons from humans (or baddies from civilians) simply by assuming that "everyone but Cylons will follow through". I don't find this scenario feasible. Case in point, I am human civilian and don't plan to fake Cylonclaim. What you're proposing sounds almost like a "hey, everyone who is civ say so, the others must be therefore bad". Uh, fat chance.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Everyone follows the plan: We don't learn who the Cylons are, but they are at least easier to lynch.
If everyone follows the plan, we go back to the usual lynch status quo, in which nobody is safe from lynching based on this law. That's about it.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: What do we have to lose by using this plan Ricochet? How would it hurt the humans for every player to Cylon-claim?
It would not hurt the humans, but it would not help them bait or distinguish Cylons no more. Besides, we should be respecting da law and I find it that this law was meant to ensnare Cylons, not for us to use it en gros to allow for nothing to be potentially achieved.
Humans don't have amnesty.

Cylons do.

Not following this plan will allow all Cylons to save their amnesty until the moment before they are lynched. Why do you think this is better than no player having amnesty?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:@ Marmot, can you please explain why you claimed that you voted for Nero because "you don't do ties" even though you clearly believed Lorab was telling the truth about being a Cylon, thus no tie even existed, at least from your PoV? Your reasons for voting Nero are not clear in the slightest, they make no sense.
I explained it to Jay here.

I was set on not voting for Lorab because she claimed Cylon, and I was stuck in that mindset. At the time, the benefit of putting her in the lynch-lead didn't occur to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Silverwolf wrote:Really? We have to do it during the day? OK, I'll do it first thing if I'm alive.
My understanding is the law doesn't work at night, because you gain amnesty the day you claim.

But hey, better safe than sorry. Thanks for joining the anti-amnesty club. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:Why does Rico always make me want to lynch him? Haha. Like, I think he's one of the best players around, what with his analyses and all, even this game I'm feeling better about him lately, buuuuuut now, he's trying to counter the Revolution against one of the worst laws in Colony history!!!
Da law is da law.
How does it hurt baddies? Give me your perspective.
Each baddie has a lynch-save in their pocket. By insisting that everyone say the words, we remove that lynch-save. I believe that decreasing the number of lynch saves the baddies have will hurt them.
How is it unlikely for Cylons to literally blend in with a large crowd of fake claimers? Why am I suspicious for bringing this up?
It's not about detecting Cylons. It's about removing lynch saves. Ideally, everyone will say it the same and all the Cylons will "blend in" perfectly.
I think this is important to get a Host answer to. Maybe if you say it at Night, it gets used up, and we can be absolutely free of it by the start of Day 4.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silverwolf wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Of course they wouldn't mean shit to you since you keep doing it.

You have plenty of suspicion on you already so I shouldn't have too much trouble getting you lynched.
Yup, and you just accused Rico of maybe doing it as well.

And by all means, bring it on.

Return to “Previous Jobs”