Oh well... speech Jagang y'know? stoup :shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by Epignosis »

SokothQultuq wrote:
Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:I get the general idea yes, but what I don't see is a clear incentive for me to claim to be something I'm not when In my mind the logic does not sit right on why. I've said this a few times now.

If we all claim, sure that's awesome, the agenda is complete. It Nullifies the presidents law. I get that.
That is a really good thing to do. If you don't see that, then I don't think you DO get it. If we don't nullify the law, then the result will very likely be that a Cylon will escape their lynch and a Civvie will die in their place. Do you not see how that is not merely undesirable, but is actually really really bad?
But whats to stop the next? Or a new law of amnesty?
Nothing, but this plan has nothing to do with what future laws might be. Optimistically, I'd like to believe that no more similar laws will be chosen by the President, given that this one was met with severe displeasure by most.
Ok, so if we all claim no one can claim again. I get that. But if we don't how is that different? Polo has stated that it Stops a Civi/Townie from dying. How if were voting for the right people?
Setting up a second and third in line is a good way to pad our losses, in case things go wrong. It stops a Civ from dying thusly: if we are lynching a Cylon who has not used their amnesty, the next player in line gets lynched. Because most baddie teams have BTSC, it makes it that much less likely that the second in line will be a baddie will be lynched.... because they'll be ready for the claim, and have arranged a non-baddie into second place by working together. OR the baddie in second will also claim. Down the line until a Civ lynch result.
Do you see what I mean? I think about this and perhaps my problem is that I'm over thinking it. But it seems to me that no matter what happens it can be countered, or it does not matter. Then again I have spent more time defending my position and trying to get something more as far as a reason to vote then if I had just said "I'm a cylon" but I would rather not because I don't see any benefit beyond "It Might save someone" the argument can be said from both sides.

Does that make sense?
It does not make sense to me. I costs you nothing at all to make the statement, and everyone making the statement will prevent bad guys from stopping their lynch and substituting a good guy.

What benefit are you getting from refusing to claim? What advantage are you thinking you get?
The only benefit I get is staying true to me, trying to find a good reason to do what every is doing and asking of me to do as well. I see holes in the argument where you guys think this is sound and a slam dunk. I've only heard 2 or 3 off the what 25 people chime in other than to jump on this claim band wagon.

What is my advantage? There is no advantage honestly since I'm not a Cylon. You three seem to think that it will keep someone who shouldn't be getting Lynched from this fate. That is the strongest argument I've seen from you guys. I appreciate you trying to explain this I was just honestly hoping for more than what has been said.

I hope your right in this and that it's not going to still result in something else worse happening in the future be it by law or something else going wrong.

"I am a Cylon!" there you go, the claim has been made.

One thing you will come to understand about me in the future is that I do stick to my convictions when I believe I am right, or until I'm shown I'm wrong. But I need more than just a one line explanation that it has a benefit that I see as weak at best. I agree that saving a life is important but sometimes that's just not enough for me, I test the waters. Get more information. Clearly no one else is going to step up and make a better argument so I will fall in line as you've asked.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Rico, please shush until night phase.

Sokoth, w/o the quotes please.
Image Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Matt wrote:I don't believe saying "I am a Cylon" in quotes is an official claim. Without the quotes, please.
Huh. Should I post it in red, bold, 24 font for you as well? perhaps a special font?
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Epignosis wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:
Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:I get the general idea yes, but what I don't see is a clear incentive for me to claim to be something I'm not when In my mind the logic does not sit right on why. I've said this a few times now.

If we all claim, sure that's awesome, the agenda is complete. It Nullifies the presidents law. I get that.
That is a really good thing to do. If you don't see that, then I don't think you DO get it. If we don't nullify the law, then the result will very likely be that a Cylon will escape their lynch and a Civvie will die in their place. Do you not see how that is not merely undesirable, but is actually really really bad?
Nothing, but this plan has nothing to do with what future laws might be. Optimistically, I'd like to believe that no more similar laws will be chosen by the President, given that this one was met with severe displeasure by most.
Ok, so if we all claim no one can claim again. I get that. But if we don't how is that different? Polo has stated that it Stops a Civi/Townie from dying. How if were voting for the right people?
Setting up a second and third in line is a good way to pad our losses, in case things go wrong. It stops a Civ from dying thusly: if we are lynching a Cylon who has not used their amnesty, the next player in line gets lynched. Because most baddie teams have BTSC, it makes it that much less likely that the second in line will be a baddie will be lynched.... because they'll be ready for the claim, and have arranged a non-baddie into second place by working together. OR the baddie in second will also claim. Down the line until a Civ lynch result.
Do you see what I mean? I think about this and perhaps my problem is that I'm over thinking it. But it seems to me that no matter what happens it can be countered, or it does not matter. Then again I have spent more time defending my position and trying to get something more as far as a reason to vote then if I had just said "I'm a cylon" but I would rather not because I don't see any benefit beyond "It Might save someone" the argument can be said from both sides.

Does that make sense?
It does not make sense to me. I costs you nothing at all to make the statement, and everyone making the statement will prevent bad guys from stopping their lynch and substituting a good guy.

What benefit are you getting from refusing to claim? What advantage are you thinking you get?
The only benefit I get is staying true to me, trying to find a good reason to do what every is doing and asking of me to do as well. I see holes in the argument where you guys think this is sound and a slam dunk. I've only heard 2 or 3 off the what 25 people chime in other than to jump on this claim band wagon.

What is my advantage? There is no advantage honestly since I'm not a Cylon. You three seem to think that it will keep someone who shouldn't be getting Lynched from this fate. That is the strongest argument I've seen from you guys. I appreciate you trying to explain this I was just honestly hoping for more than what has been said.

I hope your right in this and that it's not going to still result in something else worse happening in the future be it by law or something else going wrong.

One thing you will come to understand about me in the future is that I do stick to my convictions when I believe I am right, or until I'm shown I'm wrong. But I need more than just a one line explanation that it has a benefit that I see as weak at best. I agree that saving a life is important but sometimes that's just not enough for me, I test the waters. Get more information. Clearly no one else is going to step up and make a better argument so I will fall in line as you've asked.

LOL The funny thing is I knew you would post something like that. Thank you! That gave me a good laugh.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

SokothQultuq wrote:
Matt wrote:I don't believe saying "I am a Cylon" in quotes is an official claim. Without the quotes, please.
Huh. Should I post it in red, bold, 24 font for you as well? perhaps a special font?
You're bad. Please vote him town.
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Matt wrote:
G-Man wrote:A question for Matt while he's around:
Matt wrote:Also, depending on what happens here rest of day, I think it's possible I may have been breached and may call for my own lynch on Day 4.

Don't ask me details, just sayin'. Deeeerp.
Are you able to explain any more about what on earth this post was about? It will help me place you on my reads lists.

linki: Matt, are you aware that Dex replaced Faraday?
Lol @ the Linki.

Oops.

As for your question...

I'd rather not go into details. I'd be fine with my own lynching, tho, if town ever wants to go that way.

Question, G-man - Do you believe the Mafia may be able to duplicate other players' powers?
Any number of powers could be in play for any role without a black-and-white description. I've never used a role replicator in any of the games I've hosted, so I'm not sure how that would work. Would a player be allowed to replicate only known powers? They would gain intel otherwise. What leads you to suspect it? I thought there might have been a shift in succession for the laws but I haven't revisited that line of thought since it popped into my mind.

And you can't elaborate on what you meant by being 'breached?' That's the word that stood out to me the most (aside from the declaration that you may wish to be lynched).
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

SokothQultuq wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Does that make sense?

Ok, and I really hope you don't think I was trying to "bully you" or make you do something that is counter to your convictions. I just see the all-claim as the most sound, logical plan, and I really do not understand a single reason anyone has said for not claiming. I'm just presenting my version of the logic in as straightforward a way as I possibly can. If you, or anyone, can take any of those points and give a good rebuttal and prove it faulty, then I'm totally open to the discussion.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Matt wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:
You're bad. Please vote him town.
And some people are never satisfied when they get what they ask for.

You sure that will do it? Just posting it without the quotes? I want to make sure because Its pretty much right there, written out for everyone to see that I claimed I'm a cylon. You can even quote me on that. 8-)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Rico, please shush until night phase.

Sokoth, w/o the quotes please.
How about khansaman?

Unless we talk about Vompatti. :noble: details me good stuff martinet him. Tell King of Hearts enthrall stuff about him.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Honestly I don't know how much I can say before Goldama punishes me.

Oh jeezus, now I sound like OA.

Basically, I think I may have been tricked behind the scenes. That's all. Derp.

Linki - Vote the Klingon! A sure bet!
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:Yo Faraday...

You have 11 posts and the least amount of posts then any other living player in the game. 30 less posts then the second least poster, Nero.

That's lurky. :eek:
I'd be down with lynching DFaraday at this point.
For G-Man to keep his trap shut? Sure would.

Hey G-Man, don't you have a Diaper Genie to empty or something?
As a matter of fact, I do have a Diaper Genie. But it won't need emptying until tomorrow. :pout:
My Banners:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Does that make sense?

Ok, and I really hope you don't think I was trying to "bully you" or make you do something that is counter to your convictions. I just see the all-claim as the most sound, logical plan, and I really do not understand a single reason anyone has said for not claiming. I'm just presenting my version of the logic in as straightforward a way as I possibly can. If you, or anyone, can take any of those points and give a good rebuttal and prove it faulty, then I'm totally open to the discussion.
Not at all, I was hoping for more information that is all. No one was willing to give it. It was honestly my intention of doing it at some point but I was hoping for more than just the "It will save a life." that is important to me. Don't get me wrong, I was just trying to get more people to chime in to give me more than just that as a reason so I didn't feel like I was jumping on the band wagon. So you were right I was only being half genuine. I was fishing for more information while staying true to my convictions. 8-)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Can't we just wait for Distracted Jeff because I just want to SING! or ask the verjuice to confirm keenness Olhado abducting Golden Genie instead of cocaine track fonctionnaire ourselves?

hmm desolation try that again

Can't baddie team You Lost Me wait too quiet the license Jason Maher confirm if Sokoth clientship claimed instead of nitpicking the law epacme like solfeggio own numps place?
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Matt wrote:Hi! What do you think of my theory on you? :mafia:
That Jules died because I sent that sortie? I sent other sorties without anyone dying.
Epignosis wrote:I'd be down with lynching DFaraday at this point.
Me too, man. Mos def.
*indiglowing*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Can't we just wait for Distracted Jeff because I just want to SING! or ask the verjuice to confirm keenness Olhado abducting Golden Genie instead of cocaine track fonctionnaire ourselves?

Can't baddie team You Lost Me wait too quiet the license Jason Maher confirm if Sokoth clientship claimed instead of nitpicking the law epacme like solfeggio own numps place?
You're clearly inflating your post count.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Matt wrote:Oh jeezus, now I sound like OA.
A message just came to me from the Lord in response to your post:

My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Can't we just wait for Distracted Jeff because I just want to SING! or ask the verjuice to confirm keenness Olhado abducting Golden Genie instead of cocaine track fonctionnaire ourselves?

You're clearly inflating your post count.
mismanage scaffolding are you Hot Soup to talk about whether Long Con was checked track Cylon or not? blocked frak me for asking people that for the locate three days.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dex wrote:
Matt wrote:Hi! What do you think of my theory on you? :mafia:
That Jules died because I sent that sortie? I sent other sorties without anyone dying.
Yes, but did you send any other successful sorties, or just C6?

The theory goes...

A bad cylon who sends in a sortie and takes down a rezz ship, gets a bittersweet "reward" by killing a nugget.
Image Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Matt wrote:Honestly I don't know how much I can say before Goldama punishes me.

Matt your too easily excitable. If it makes you happy, you can vote for me and start a band wagon to lynch me. Go for it.

Here just for you

I am a cylon.

Just so you can be sure and satisfied so that when it comes around you can lynch me proper. Have a nice day. 8-)
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Thank you, Sokoth, I believe that claim will be accepted.

Updated list of non-claimers...

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
Vompatti
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A man who sticks to his principles until someone puts some pressure on him. :clap:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

SokothQultuq wrote:

Matt your too easily excitable. If it makes you happy, you can vote for me and start a band wagon to lynch me. Go for it.

Here just for you

I am a cylon.

Just so you can be sure and satisfied so that when it comes around you can lynch me proper. Have a nice day. 8-)
I thought Vermin Supreme would be POTUS by the time you said that.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Matt wrote:The theory goes...

A bad cylon who sends in a sortie and takes down a rezz ship, gets a bittersweet "reward" by killing a nugget.
Sounds far-fetched. As it so happens, I'm the opposite if a bad cylon.
*indiglowing*
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at F1.

Having searched every sector thoroughly, the Admiral has called off the search.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Matt wrote:Thank you, Sokoth, I believe that claim will be accepted.

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
Vompatti
No problem. 8-)

Now I just need to figure out who I'm going to vote for next. You guys make this a challenge.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nobody likes my theory on why juliets died, which is totes cool I know I can be a little out there, so a question...

Does anyone else have a theory as to why juliets died?

Also, I don't think this has any relevance, but just to put it out there...

C6 = Caprica Six?
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:You found no resurrection ship at F1.

Having searched every sector thoroughly, the Admiral has called off the search.
Where's Pequeninos hub, then? :confused:
Matt wrote:Thank you, Sokoth, I believe that claim will be accepted.

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
Vompatti
For what if it's worth, I find no foreseeable reason for Vompatti to ever claim. He might even self-vote if he's ever to get lynched. :noble:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Polo wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:

Here just for you

I am a cylon.

I thought Vermin Supreme would be POTUS by the time you said that.
LOL - Like I said, I was just fishing for more reasons. You made your argument and stood by it. I can appreciate that. I was just hoping more people might chime in and give an opinion. I don't like doing things that I see have holes in them unless I'm sure or others can convince me that the holes are worth the risk, or give me more to solidify the positions. There honestly is no gain to not claiming. I just wanted to see what reactions I got, and if there was more information to gain. The information was the same, but it gave me a pretty solid look at how you, Long con, and Matt deal with these things. Though i admit messing with Matt was fun and might be more so in the future when he gets uppity about something. Anyhow, the show goes on. If I get Lynched for it, I'm ok with that. Its a learning experience all the same for me.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Matt wrote:Nobody likes my theory on why juliets died, which is totes cool I know I can be a little out there, so a question...

C6 = Caprica Six?

Here:
Golden wrote:Resurrection Ship

Adama immediately ordered regular sorties. Kat and Hot Dog may be sent on a mission to one surrounding sector every six hours. If they encounter a resurrection ship there, they will destroy it. There is also a chance that one of them may die in battle.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I never said anything about a pequininos hub. Other people decided they were looking for that on their own. You were going on sorties to destroy resurrection ships.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Nobody likes my theory on why juliets died, which is totes cool I know I can be a little out there, so a question...

Golden wrote:
Adama immediately ordered regular sorties. Kat and Hot Dog may be sent on a mission to one surrounding sector every six hours. If they encounter a resurrection ship there, they will destroy it. There is also a chance that one of them may die in battle.
Matt wrote:Also, I don't think this has any relevance, but just to put it out there...

C6 = Caprica Six?
Like Martha Jones a surveying Man-E-Faces F5 resulted in Final Five? :rolleyes:

linki: Kahlan'd
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Polo wrote:

C6 = Caprica Six?

Here:
Golden wrote:Resurrection Ship

Yeah, I was thinking that it was bound to happen. That either a player had the choice of countering the move we made at some point and a random encounter was inevitable and we would loose someone or it was a roll of the dice. But Goldama did warn us there was a chance that they could die on one of the sorties.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:I never said anything about a pequininos hub. Other people decided they were looking for that on their own. You were going on sorties to destroy resurrection ships.
Can any Link McCloud resurrect anymore in this game, now Shouter sectors are clean of RezShips?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:I never said anything about a pequininos hub. Other people decided they were looking for that on their own. You were going on sorties to destroy resurrection ships.
Can any Link McCloud resurrect anymore in this game, now Shouter sectors are clean of RezShips?
:shrug:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I hope there's no such thing as a Resurrection Hub.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:I hope there's no such thing as a Resurrection Hub.
I doubt Resurrection Hub is the most popular Hub on the Internet.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

So say we all.
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:
I doubt Resurrection Hub is the most popular Hub on the Internet.
You are Elohcin's Resurrection Hubbie.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:You can dispense with the sarcasm sir, my vote is cast and I am quite comfortable with it.

:confused: Where was I being sarcastic?

I read the statement "I'm sorry my perspective is not the same as yours" as a sarcastic comment. I'm not upset or anything though even if it was.
I don't think you are attempting to frame him, I think you are desperate to make any other case look as bad as you can in order to avoid your own lynch and that is definitely not a pro-town action.
"Desperate to make any other case look bad"?? Is that what I've been doing, really? I didn't really feel like I was getting lynched today, why would I be desperate? S~V~S, my biggest detractor, agreed to give me some time to prove myself, and I felt like that was how it was going to go.

I've done nothing at all to deserve the accusation that I'm "desperate to make any other case look bad".

I disagree, I think the way you went after Sokoth reveals your mind set, and I don't believe it is pro-town at all. Just because your biggest detractor backed off didn't mean others are all leaving you alone too, you've been a top candidate since Cain appeared and even before you were up there.
And clearly you didn't read my GTHs where I believe I marked SokothQultuq as bad.
I read the GTH's. I didn't rush back to double-check what Spacedaisy said about Sokoth in the GTH's, and it's weird that you expected me to, enough to accuse me of not reading them at all just because... why? Because I didn't come flying back in your face that you are being inconsistent?? What did you expect me to say exactly to prove I read the GTH's?
Not based on overwhelming evidence, just a grain of paranoia. I'm not here to defend his honor, rather I saw your post and it screamed bad to me. And I don't believe for one second you don't get what he was saying. If you had said, I get it but I don't think he is right, or even that you thought his real reason for arguing that viewpoint was to hold onto his lynch immunity, then I would not feel the same. But you came in and argued that he was saying that literally typing I am a cylon would take too long. That is ridiculous.
I know it's ridiculous. His whole paragraph about it was ridiculous. I picked the most ridiculous part and focused on it, but when you blew up over it, I went through each part and explained why it, as a whole, was ridiculous. The fact that you want to focus on me for pointing it out, and are ignoring Sokoth's post entirely, despite being suspicious that he's bad, says something about you. It says you are more interested in getting rid of me than discussing a suspicious post by your supposed suspect.

i don't find it out of character knowing the person behind the screen name. I suspect him a bit for other reasons, but not this one.
You are a bad Indy IMO. And I think we will need to be rid of you.
Lynching me would be a waste of a lynch, which will only help the Cylons.
Forgive me if I don't take your word for it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, I didn't mean anything by the comment regarding except that you were saying I don't think he is bad when I've actually already said I kind of do.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Several have thrown around the theory that Cavil can recruit...

Questions...

1) Do we think Cavil would be able to recruit any Cylons or just the "bad" ones?

2) If the answer to the first question is "any", what is the likelihood of Cavil recruiting a Cylon that the town has near unanimously named as a def civ?

Discuss.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:You can dispense with the sarcasm sir, my vote is cast and I am quite comfortable with it.

:confused: Where was I being sarcastic?

I read the statement "I'm sorry my perspective is not the same as yours" as a sarcastic comment. I'm not upset or anything though even if it was.

No, it was sincere enough, just look at the very next sentence:
I'm sorry that my perspective doesn't match yours, Spacedaisy. I don't know what else "waste of time" could mean.
Also sincere.
I don't think you are attempting to frame him, I think you are desperate to make any other case look as bad as you can in order to avoid your own lynch and that is definitely not a pro-town action.
"Desperate to make any other case look bad"?? Is that what I've been doing, really? I didn't really feel like I was getting lynched today, why would I be desperate? S~V~S, my biggest detractor, agreed to give me some time to prove myself, and I felt like that was how it was going to go.

I've done nothing at all to deserve the accusation that I'm "desperate to make any other case look bad".

I disagree, I think the way you went after Sokoth reveals your mind set, and I don't believe it is pro-town at all. Just because your biggest detractor backed off didn't mean others are all leaving you alone too, you've been a top candidate since Cain appeared and even before you were up there.

:grin: Just another day of being Long Con, daisy! I'd explode from the lack of pressure if I had to go through a game without a shroud of suspicion over me. I get it, I've damaged too many trusting psyches over time. But no, I didn't think that I would end up being lynched today. I think it's pretty fair to give me the time I asked for to prove myself.
And clearly you didn't read my GTHs where I believe I marked SokothQultuq as bad.
I read the GTH's. I didn't rush back to double-check what Spacedaisy said about Sokoth in the GTH's, and it's weird that you expected me to, enough to accuse me of not reading them at all just because... why? Because I didn't come flying back in your face that you are being inconsistent?? What did you expect me to say exactly to prove I read the GTH's?

You never addressed this part. This was, I thought, the strangest part of your post, and needs explanation.
Not based on overwhelming evidence, just a grain of paranoia. I'm not here to defend his honor, rather I saw your post and it screamed bad to me. And I don't believe for one second you don't get what he was saying. If you had said, I get it but I don't think he is right, or even that you thought his real reason for arguing that viewpoint was to hold onto his lynch immunity, then I would not feel the same. But you came in and argued that he was saying that literally typing I am a cylon would take too long. That is ridiculous.
I know it's ridiculous. His whole paragraph about it was ridiculous. I picked the most ridiculous part and focused on it, but when you blew up over it, I went through each part and explained why it, as a whole, was ridiculous. The fact that you want to focus on me for pointing it out, and are ignoring Sokoth's post entirely, despite being suspicious that he's bad, says something about you. It says you are more interested in getting rid of me than discussing a suspicious post by your supposed suspect.

i don't find it out of character knowing the person behind the screen name. I suspect him a bit for other reasons, but not this one.
Now that he has revealed that he was falsely representing himself to gather some responses, it seems extra odd that you saw nothing wrong with his statements.
You are a bad Indy IMO. And I think we will need to be rid of you.
Lynching me would be a waste of a lynch, which will only help the Cylons.
Forgive me if I don't take your word for it.
What have I done that makes you decree that I haven't earned the time to prove you wrong?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Several have thrown around the theory that Cavil can recruit...

Questions...

1) Do we think Cavil would be able to recruit any Cylons or just the "bad" ones?

2) If the answer to the first question is "any", what is the likelihood of Cavil recruiting a Cylon that the town has near unanimously named as a def civ?

Discuss.
election Cavil can MetalMarsh AND Novinha i.e. operate as Ikkl Genius mafia megascope , game is broken plainspoken we should team throw ourselves into space.

I'd say decompound Crude Yacht Cavil interlocutor recruit Grego convert any Cylon, for excursionist recruit Epig after Dream Walker all accepted the view that he might AceofSpaces reinstatement townie good side, I'd say the game is also tad broken.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Questions...

Discuss.
Until I see evidence of Cavil recruiting, I don't really have an opinion that I think matters to the game we're playing.

If you just want to have imagination time, then... there's no proof that he can only recruit Cylons. Maybe he can recruit anyone. Maybe only Adama and Roslin cannot be recruited. MAYBE he has to PayPal five dollars to a person to recruit them - that would be cool.

Linki: Yeah, so basically what Rico said.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Questions...

Discuss.
No offense, but you've already voted, and you want to discuss game mechanics? No thanks.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:

Questions...

Discuss.
No offense, but you've already voted, and you want to discuss game mechanics? No thanks.
So if a player votes, that means they should just quiet down the rest of the phase?

Also, weren't you the one hounding the claimers to shut it down and move on to something new? Well, I'm moving on to someething new, and here you are telling me to shut it down.

Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, suss point on Epi for telling me "No offense". Very uncharacteristic. :evileye:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:Linki: Yeah, so basically what Rico said.
I think you were joking haha.

Can't tell for sure, but it looked like Rico said what I was alluding to, that Epi isn't what he appears to be.

Rico, smile for yes, frownface for no.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:Linki: Yeah, so basically what Rico said.
I think you were joking haha.

Can't tell for sure, but it looked like Rico said what I was alluding to, that Epi isn't what he appears to be.

Rico, smile for yes, frownface for no.
:suspish:

Return to “Previous Jobs”