33%

Total votes: 15
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Six

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I. There are frequent references to LC (for understandable reasons) but not as I can see much else. Judged by the same measure that has been applied to me in terms of 'non baddie hunting' I think she comes off worse which in turn, leads me to wonder why I have been such a subject of attention over the course of the last few days.
That's a why-me defense. A number of people not dedicated much effort to baddie hunting beyond just you. Why should Black Rock's lower post count be a concern over the likes of somelike like Vompatti, for example? Also, what about her references to LC interests you? I don't understand why you mentioned that.
No, that is a legitimate comparison. I agree, a number of people haven't made an effort at 'baddie hunting' beyond just me and where is the 'March of the witch hunters' on them? Something you might like to consider right there. I mentioned Vompatti before and my suspicion was summarily dismissed because 'he always plays that way'. Besides, he clearly has an exceptionally quick wit and this game would likely be a crashing bore without him. I may have misunderstood but I was taken to understand that LC and Black Rock were married. Did I get that wrong? I figured under the circumstances, that would legitimately explain the the constant references to him in her posts. My point was that if you remove those references which I don't think were substantial (in terms of content) what remained appear quite thin.

Note for other people: If Glorfindel is bad, I don't think Black Rock is bad with him.
A dangerous, unfounded assumption and one not worthy of someone of your intellect 3J.
Glorfindel wrote:Polo seems to be all over the place to me and the groundswell of support for my lynching has I think been a Godsend for him. It seems that for the first time this past Day phase he's started to take some heat and I notice he's just jumped back on me. I don't trust him one little bit.
Please illustrate the content in Polo's post history that you feel is "all over the place". I need to see the specific reasoning you're employing to have a better chance at understanding your mindset.
[color=#BF00BFI don't keep spreadsheets of everyone's interactions in these games but the most recent example of his behaviour at the end of the last Day phase with DrWilgy (especially given his much prolific raging against the Cylon Amnesty Act provisions) looked kinda inconsistent and dodgy to me. Did it not appear strange to you?[/color]
Glorfindel wrote:Obscure Allure has me very confused. If I'm not misunderstanding him, he's all for Cylon genocide and for everyone to claim - EXCEPT him. He seems (in my opinion) to be alluding to some reason why he alone is exempt and like everyone understands why. I may be silly but I don't understand why...
Is this even true? I don't believe OA has advocated cylon genocide in this game. You're right that she hasn't claimed -- she made a pretty big deal about it being a unique problem for her. That can only be believed or not, and I think her effort has been town-inclined at least.
Is it true? It was my recollection. Reading back, she appears to have an obsession with Caprica Six or something being the only other good Cylon besides Epi. If you see nothing suspicious or conflicting in her approach, then that's fine. That's your judgement. You asked me to nominate some players that I thought were potential Mafia and I've done as you asked. What I've given you is my opinion. Because you hold an alternative opinion doesn't necessarily make me wrong.

I have a ton of stuff to write up for work tomorrow morning and I have an early breakfast meeting from 7.00 am so please don't expect me under these circumstances to respond with substantial amounts of post before lunch time tomorrow. I'll do my best of course - I'm just putting it out there for your information now.

Now it's my turn to ask you some questions 3J. Don't worry, they're not hard, they just require a considered response...

1. How convinced are you that Epi is on our side and actually working in the interests of the Town (a percentage would even be nice :) )?
And
2. Assuming you give him a reasonably high percentage for question 1, in percentage terms, how much do you trust his judgement in these games?

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Silverwolf wrote:I think the fact that Glorfindel is pushing the angle that cylons aren't bad now is very interesting. Hey Glorf? How come you haven't answered my questions about why you didn't claim?
SilverWolf, I've been proposing that argument for days, I think it speaks volumes that you are only seeing it now. And I HAVE answered your questions, the problem is you're sadly too stubborn to understand the answer. I understand why you are so convinced that you're right but the problem here is that you are unwilling to even consider the fact that the premise under which you are working is WRONG. I don't blame you for that - you're simply acting in accord with what you've been conditioned to believe and in the process are about to push our team down a slippery slope to defeat.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!

Sorry :( fixed :)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I. There are frequent references to LC (for understandable reasons) but not as I can see much else. Judged by the same measure that has been applied to me in terms of 'non baddie hunting' I think she comes off worse which in turn, leads me to wonder why I have been such a subject of attention over the course of the last few days.
That's a why-me defense. A number of people not dedicated much effort to baddie hunting beyond just you. Why should Black Rock's lower post count be a concern over the likes of somelike like Vompatti, for example? Also, what about her references to LC interests you? I don't understand why you mentioned that.
No, that is a legitimate comparison. I agree, a number of people haven't made an effort at 'baddie hunting' beyond just me and where is the 'March of the witch hunters' on them? Something you might like to consider right there. I mentioned Vompatti before and my suspicion was summarily dismissed because 'he always plays that way'. Besides, he clearly has an exceptionally quick wit and this game would likely be a crashing bore without him. I may have misunderstood but I was taken to understand that LC and Black Rock were married. Did I get that wrong? I figured under the circumstances, that would legitimately explain the the constant references to him in her posts. My point was that if you remove those references which I don't think were substantial (in terms of content) what remained appear quite thin.

Note for other people: If Glorfindel is bad, I don't think Black Rock is bad with him.
A dangerous, unfounded assumption and one not worthy of someone of your intellect 3J.
Glorfindel wrote:Polo seems to be all over the place to me and the groundswell of support for my lynching has I think been a Godsend for him. It seems that for the first time this past Day phase he's started to take some heat and I notice he's just jumped back on me. I don't trust him one little bit.
Please illustrate the content in Polo's post history that you feel is "all over the place". I need to see the specific reasoning you're employing to have a better chance at understanding your mindset.
I don't keep spreadsheets of everyone's interactions in these games but the most recent example of his behaviour at the end of the last Day phase with DrWilgy (especially given his much prolific raging against the Cylon Amnesty Act provisions) looked kinda inconsistent and dodgy to me. Did it not appear strange to you?
Glorfindel wrote:Obscure Allure has me very confused. If I'm not misunderstanding him, he's all for Cylon genocide and for everyone to claim - EXCEPT him. He seems (in my opinion) to be alluding to some reason why he alone is exempt and like everyone understands why. I may be silly but I don't understand why...
Is this even true? I don't believe OA has advocated cylon genocide in this game. You're right that she hasn't claimed -- she made a pretty big deal about it being a unique problem for her. That can only be believed or not, and I think her effort has been town-inclined at least.
Is it true? It was my recollection. Reading back, she appears to have an obsession with Caprica Six or something being the only other good Cylon besides Epi. If you see nothing suspicious or conflicting in her approach, then that's fine. That's your judgement. You asked me to nominate some players that I thought were potential Mafia and I've done as you asked. What I've given you is my opinion. Because you hold an alternative opinion doesn't necessarily make me wrong.

I have a ton of stuff to write up for work tomorrow morning and I have an early breakfast meeting from 7.00 am so please don't expect me under these circumstances to respond with substantial amounts of post before lunch time tomorrow. I'll do my best of course - I'm just putting it out there for your information now.

Now it's my turn to ask you some questions 3J. Don't worry, they're not hard, they just require a considered response...

1. How convinced are you that Epi is on our side and actually working in the interests of the Town (a percentage would even be nice :) )?
And
2. Assuming you give him a reasonably high percentage for question 1, in percentage terms, how much do you trust his judgement in these games?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S (F) - Huh?
Huh?
G-Man wrote:So say we all. (A lot of posts from Golden back there. Thought I'd throw that in for insurance)
Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel's posts seem to be full of words but devoid of content.
I'd use a stronger verb than "seem."
I hear you.

As for Black Rock, I'm curious to hear more from her. Any time an accuser goes back a long way with the accused, I can't help but perk my ears up. It happened after SVS seemed to waffle on one or two stances.

DrumBeats fell out of my civ reads for his bizarre advocation to put Nero ahead of LoRab Day 3. That defied the whole purpose of squeezing a claim out of LoRab while she was on top.

I think 'nonconfirmed Cylon' might mean a Cylon of undetermined alignment. That would be my guess at least. And to be picky, it should be 'unconfirmed' and not 'nonconfirmed.' I can see your angle on putting Polo in a lose-lose situation. Drum feels quiet overall, probably because he disappears for longish stretches of time. I'm not really one to condemn anyone for that though.

Linki: :ponder:
What did I waffle on? And I also would like to hear more from BR, I think she may have misunderstood something I said to be snide (and I can see why) when I did not intend it that way, and whether she thinks I am bad or not, I hope she is not staying away becasue of me.
Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:@Glorfindel you came in, made a post then poof. :(

Current thoughts on the game?
So Say We All

Yeah, I thought it was important to check in (without reading the rules carefully first) - nothing like starting the game screwed from your first post... :mad:

From what I (skim) read I feel happy so far about Zebs (I wonder if I've developed some skill in reading her now given our rocky start). There's a lot of players here I've not encountered before which is something of a challenge. I thought Matt's remark about the different coloured font in the profiles of our Cylon friends was interesting. I'd not noticed that's til he mentioned it. What if anything that is indicative of I have absolutely no clue. I notice my friend IAWY hasn't posted yet :(

Oh, and congratulations on the Ambassador thing. To be honest, this site has no more passionate and insistent promoter than you.
This is Glorfindel's second post.

If you begin with zebra's post prior to this:
a2thezebra wrote:I find it most unusual.
...and if you work backwards, you will see that there is no basis in the thread for Glorfindel to think zebra is good or to even think he has developed some special skill involving zebra.

I bring this up because zebra adamantly defended Glorfindel, and there's no way Glorfindel has enough experience with a2thezebra to have that puzzle solved Day 1.
I am not sure what you are getting at here (not sarcasm, I honestly don't understand it). I think Zeebs was a civ; I think when she is civ she cares less what people think and just says what comes to mind. I base this on prior games not this one. Are you only talking about this game, or reads in general?

In any case, having read back on Wilgy with an eye for topics that the host may not like discussing, I think I get what Dex meant, I won't be voting for Wilgy today. Will probably go for Glorfindel; while he looks pretty much the same to me as the last game we played, someone I trust has a strong opinion there, so I am inclined to trust that. Unless he claims. Or sig. He has dropped way down in the face of the Wilgy & Glorfindel suspicions;he is one of the top third posters, but his last post was: Tue May 24, 2016 10:51:00 am,
sig wrote:@Drum why should I be lynched?
But if Glorfindel does claim, we need to think about seconds. I will be around tonight.

Looking forward to Rabbit accusing me, that's always fun.

Linki @Glorfindel, are you gonna claim?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I think the fact that Glorfindel is pushing the angle that cylons aren't bad now is very interesting. Hey Glorf? How come you haven't answered my questions about why you didn't claim?
SilverWolf, I've been proposing that argument for days, I think it speaks volumes that you are only seeing it now. And I HAVE answered your questions, the problem is you're sadly too stubborn to understand the answer. I understand why you are so convinced that you're right but the problem here is that you are unwilling to even consider the fact that the premise under which you are working is WRONG. I don't blame you for that - you're simply acting in accord with what you've been conditioned to believe and in the process are about to push our team down a slippery slope to defeat.
And yes, that's OUR team, yours AND mine SilverWolf...

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hrm, that first quote should have been from Sokoth, not Silver, the "Huh" not sure how I did that.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S (F) - Huh?
Huh?
G-Man wrote:So say we all. (A lot of posts from Golden back there. Thought I'd throw that in for insurance)
Epignosis wrote:
I hear you.

As for Black Rock, I'm curious to hear more from her. Any time an accuser goes back a long way with the accused, I can't help but perk my ears up. It happened after SVS seemed to waffle on one or two stances.

DrumBeats fell out of my civ reads for his bizarre advocation to put Nero ahead of LoRab Day 3. That defied the whole purpose of squeezing a claim out of LoRab while she was on top.

I think 'nonconfirmed Cylon' might mean a Cylon of undetermined alignment. That would be my guess at least. And to be picky, it should be 'unconfirmed' and not 'nonconfirmed.' I can see your angle on putting Polo in a lose-lose situation. Drum feels quiet overall, probably because he disappears for longish stretches of time. I'm not really one to condemn anyone for that though.

What did I waffle on? And I also would like to hear more from BR, I think she may have misunderstood something I said to be snide (and I can see why) when I did not intend it that way, and whether she thinks I am bad or not, I hope she is not staying away becasue of me.
Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:@Glorfindel you came in, made a post then poof. :(

Current thoughts on the game?
So Say We All

Yeah, I thought it was important to check in (without reading the rules carefully first) - nothing like starting the game screwed from your first post... :mad:

From what I (skim) read I feel happy so far about Zebs (I wonder if I've developed some skill in reading her now given our rocky start). There's a lot of players here I've not encountered before which is something of a challenge. I thought Matt's remark about the different coloured font in the profiles of our Cylon friends was interesting. I'd not noticed that's til he mentioned it. What if anything that is indicative of I have absolutely no clue. I notice my friend IAWY hasn't posted yet :(

Oh, and congratulations on the Ambassador thing. To be honest, this site has no more passionate and insistent promoter than you.
This is Glorfindel's second post.

If you begin with zebra's post prior to this:
a2thezebra wrote:I find it most unusual.
...and if you work backwards, you will see that there is no basis in the thread for Glorfindel to think zebra is good or to even think he has developed some special skill involving zebra.

I bring this up because zebra adamantly defended Glorfindel, and there's no way Glorfindel has enough experience with a2thezebra to have that puzzle solved Day 1.
I am not sure what you are getting at here (not sarcasm, I honestly don't understand it). I think Zeebs was a civ; I think when she is civ she cares less what people think and just says what comes to mind. I base this on prior games not this one. Are you only talking about this game, or reads in general?

In any case, having read back on Wilgy with an eye for topics that the host may not like discussing, I think I get what Dex meant, I won't be voting for Wilgy today. Will probably go for Glorfindel; while he looks pretty much the same to me as the last game we played, someone I trust has a strong opinion there, so I am inclined to trust that. Unless he claims. Or sig. He has dropped way down in the face of the Wilgy & Glorfindel suspicions;he is one of the top third posters, but his last post was: Tue May 24, 2016 10:51:00 am,
sig wrote:@Drum why should I be lynched?
But if Glorfindel does claim, we need to think about seconds. I will be around tonight.

Looking forward to Rabbit accusing me, that's always fun.

Linki @Glorfindel, are you gonna claim?
You spent last game analysing my every word, S-V-S. What's wrong that you can't comprehend what I'm saying now. :mad:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Have I not said like umpteen times that you sound exactly the same to me? I have been avoiding discussing you as much as possible becasue I felt that I was behind you leaving Mafia after the last game, and to me, you sound just like that. So not sure why you are making frowny face at me here.

I do not trust my own opinion on you, so I am turning to the opinions of people I do trust.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Hey, SVS, I don't know what are your reads. Excuse me for asking everyone but I think being transparent about your own reads is a must if you have nothing to hide.

Here are mine, by the way:

RED = mafia
BLUE = neutral
GREEN = civ

a2thezebra
Bea
Black Rock
Dex
DrumBeats
Dr. Wilgy
Epignosis
G-Man
Glorfindel
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Metalmarsh89
ObscureAllure
Ricochet
sig
Silverwolf
S~V~S
SokothQultuq
Vompatti
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I hear you.

According to my last read on you:
G-Man wrote:S~V~S- She drops from a civ read due to what I see as backpedaling on the claim issue. She seemed very much in favor about everyone claiming initially but as holdouts emerged and continue to hold out the past two game days, her stance has softened because pressuring people to claim seems too 1984-ish. Her angle on taking out Cain before Cavil strikes me as odd because Cavil's part of a team, which can be rooted out, while Cain is one player, an indy most likely. It's not impossible to find Cain but it's a harder process that may take more time than we have available if we do need both Cavil and Cain dead. She still has a few reads that mesh with mine though, which counts for something. Her insistence that Long Con is Cain is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:Have I not said like umpteen times that you sound exactly the same to me? I have been avoiding discussing you as much as possible becasue I felt that I was behind you leaving Mafia after the last game, and to me, you sound just like that. So not sure why you are making frowny face at me here.

I do not trust my own opinion on you, so I am turning to the opinions of people I do trust.
It's funny you should bring that up, S-V-S. I'd ACTUALLY thought I'd over-reacted after what I experienced last game and this game sounded like a lot of fun so I thought I'd give this place another chance. Turns out I was right - about this game. I've learnt from this experience I need to trust my judgement a lot more. You are also very astute and there's an exceptionally good reason why I sound exactly the same as I did last game. Tragically, I think it's beyond any of my fellow Townies to work that out before it's too late.

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

I hate most of you for this read. It's mostly absurd. I'm finished with day and night 1......... :disappoint:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

rabbit8 wrote:I hate most of you for this read. It's mostly absurd. I'm finished with day and night 1......... :disappoint:
:bighug:
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

The Defence of DrWilgy

I'm going to try this one last time before the votes start to fall in earnest

1. I am as certain that Wilgs is a civ cylon as I was the LC was Cain. You'll recall that I pushed hard for an LC lynch. Now that Cain is dead, everyone's life is better. Particularly civ cylons.

2. My belief that Wilgs is a civ cylon is not a hunch or gut-based. It is a logical deduction that follows from his posts. The only question is rather or not Wilgs was being honest. I think in context its quite apparent he was. I'd say he's been perfectly honest ever since he declared.

3. For those posting that Wilgs can't be a civ cylon because Caprica 6 is the last one and the math doesn't work, you are incorrect. Leoben is also a civ cylon.

A. He sided against Cavil in the cylon rebellion, along with D'Anna, Caprica 6, and Athena. He also aids Roslin during Gaeta's mutiny, and has a Starbuck connection. He is not part of the Cavil clique, group, faction, or whatever you want to call it.
B. It makes more sense in terms of game balance that this role be civ.

Since Wilgy never claimed to be Caprica 6 and has frequently pointed this out, I'm guessing he is Leoben. The only people with an interest in killing Leoben are Cavil's faction and any humans who still want to kill all cylons.
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

@Dex: how many mafia roles do you think exist in this game?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:@Dex: how many mafia roles do you think exist in this game?
I think there were four kill-all-human cylons at game start: Cavil, O'Neill, Doral and Boomer.

Then there's the Final Five, so who knows how that plays out.

There's also the possibility of a Gaeta's revolt. Cain was an independent, I suppose you'd call her, and its likely Zarek is too.
*indiglowing*
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

So...

I will likely be caught up tonight. Going to be close to the deadline. So if you can wait, I will have some thoughts hopefully at least a hour before the poll closes.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

vote 1: zebra/rabbit;

vote 2: glorfindel.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Frak your meta bullshit....

What the frak is ISO?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Did anyone actually capture the polls or am I supposed to make a fraking vote list myself? Because I hate that shit...

Day 2 and 3 done.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

rabbit8 wrote:Did anyone actually capture the polls or am I supposed to make a fraking vote list myself? Because I hate that shit...

Day 2 and 3 done.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =60&t=1048
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Polo wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:Did anyone actually capture the polls or am I supposed to make a fraking vote list myself? Because I hate that shit...

Day 2 and 3 done.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =60&t=1048

Thanks, anyone got day 4 and 5? Golden, ye nub?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Here be them sheets asked
accurate unless fleet jumped
though lynches point not so

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Be back in an hour
for study is required
in summertime clothes
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

rabbit8 wrote:Frak your meta bullshit....

What the frak is ISO?

:|
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

rabbit8 wrote:

What the frak is ISO?

It's what the kids these days are calling your "in topic" posts.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

What the frak is ISO?

It's what the kids these days are calling your "in topic" posts.
:clap:

ISO9001, Frak you!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I see oh comes from
I so la tion (a.k.a.
where you escaped from).

But generally
it means to study the posts
a player has made.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

ObsureAllure

If Glorf claims and negates a lynch on him, I wouldn't mind OA or Sig being in second (or being in first for that matter). I don't know where BR is, but I feel like I can give her benefit of the doubt when compared to OA (who has been here and posting, just choosing to ignore me).

Discuss.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

I'd like to invite everybody to think about how lucky we've been so far.

1. Indi triggered the rez ship event as early as it could possibly happen. We just so happened to find a cylon on our first lynch. When Epi was instantly resurrected, it put that part of the show lore in Indi's mind, and she commented on it. We might very well not yet have found a cylon, in which case not yet know about the rez zhips, let alone have begun to hunt for them.

2. We identified and eliminated Cain pretty darn quickly after she seized control. Who knows how long it might have taken to find her? Ordinarily, martial law is still in effect at this point in the game.

3. We lynched O'Neill.

Except for this good fortune, we might be here today needing to do eight lynches, but unable to do any.

I mention this in support of Leoben being civ, in case anyone is thinking a four-team mafia seems too easy.
*indiglowing*
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

I'm can vote.

FYI....
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Dex wrote:I'd like to invite everybody to think about how lucky we've been so far.

1. Indi triggered the rez ship event as early as it could possibly happen. We just so happened to find a cylon on our first lynch. When Epi was instantly resurrected, it put that part of the show lore in Indi's mind, and she commented on it. We might very well not yet have found a cylon, in which case not yet know about the rez zhips, let alone have begun to hunt for them.

2. We identified and eliminated Cain pretty darn quickly after she seized control. Who knows how long it might have taken to find her? Ordinarily, martial law is still in effect at this point in the game.

3. We lynched O'Neill.

Except for this good fortune, we might be here today needing to do eight lynches, but unable to do any.

I mention this in support of Leoben being civ, in case anyone is thinking a four-team mafia seems too easy.
Martial law is not in effect anymore.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

[quote="Polo"Martial law is not in effect anymore.[/quote]

...because we were so quick to get rid of Cain. Get it? You wouldn't expect us to have done that so fast. Normally you'd expect her to be around a lot longer. Most people weren't even hunting her yet or were even convinced we should. Typically, we'd be under martial law a lot longer than we were.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Little optimism
seems present in Jim Jay's
take on sig's posts.

For what it's worth
his Daisy complaints pinged me
about Daisy herself.

:noble:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex, my impression
would be that the hunt for ships
would have started fast.

Could be wrong of course
but being kept in the dark
until first cylon lynch

would have been rather
detrimental design-wise
la la la la la
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:Dex, my impression
would have started fast.

Could be wrong of course
until first cylon lynch

would have been rather
detrimental design-wise
It was a triggered event, not timed. Someone had to say something about rez ships. I guess its possible someone would have done that before any cylons were rezzed, but that's what made Indi think about it this time.
Ricochet wrote:la la la la la
Heh. Muse abandoning you?
*indiglowing*
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
Golden wrote:Rabbit8 is replacing a2thezebra with immediate effect

The fallout will be fraking stupendous. :srsnod:
Hi rabbit.

Quick, without looking at anything other than what you have seen already... reads on the following people:

Glorfindel
JJJ
sig
Bad.
Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Black Rock! I want an update on S~V~S and your accusation of her. What say you?
Sorry, I just spent the last 10 mins screaming at the top of my lungs at my selfish 17 year old. I think LC thinks I went insane.

I do need to get back on that track and expand on SVS. Really a lot of my thoughts are when she first came into the game she seemed to be Anti-Cylon. Like she thought it was the "in" thing. Then when a consensus came in that you were not evil she seemed to jump on the Cylon train. It just seems way to convenient and opportunistic. Which is words I would use to describe Mafia. I also do not trust any other listed Cylons. If the final five are like the final five of the show then I'm not too worried. I really don't know half the shit that's going on. I am with the humans (with the exception of your role), I do not trust Cylons.

I feel like I just did a tangent. My brain is filled with rage. Anyways SVS = opportunistic = no trust.

Although Black Rock =\= trusting Cylons is likely I will vote Dr Wilgy first. I do need to finish my catch up though.
SVS bad too.
ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Meta is the only thing to go on in this game for town to hunt baddies with, and even that is extremely flimsy even at its most useful. The game is naturally designed in favor of mafia because of this, because less is more here and no one should be left unquestioned. That's it.

linki - I know that's not what you said. I read what you said. I said something else to respond to it. Read.

And you've never played with me, but I'm a top suspect? I Have been right about Nutella, LoRab, Wigly all being cylons and was right about LC being bad and you have NO meta to go off of for me and I'm a top suspect. Not the CONFIRMED CYLON Wigly? Not Glor, who silver so unceremoniously hinted at night time knowledge about? (Not saying I agree with her doing it that way, but if the information is out there we might as well use it.)

I think your goal in the game is to stir the pot and say and do the exact opposite of what you actually feel. Or, you are one of the weirdest mafia players I've ever seen.
Very good of you. You have BTSC to help narrow down your choices?

I agree.
Epignosis wrote:All of that raises this question: Does rabbit8 and Glorfindel have BTSC or some opening advantage with regard to each others' roles?
No.

Brain fried. This is all I have for now.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Dex, my impression
would have started fast.

Could be wrong of course
until first cylon lynch

would have been rather
detrimental design-wise
It was a triggered event, not timed. Someone had to say something about rez ships. I guess its possible someone would have done that before any cylons were rezzed, but that's what made Indi think about it this time.
Citation needed.
Dex wrote:
Ricochet wrote:la la la la la
Heh. Muse abandoning you?
Hell naw, I hate that frakin'
band. Chirp chip chap chop.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ah but you need to go back and read how I replied to that post of BRs you quoted, Rabbit. I DID think all cylons were bad at the start of the game. I never saw this show. No one made any mention of potential civ cylons until after Epi was rezzed that I can recall.

But about what I expected, Bugs :p

Just got home,reading back to this AM.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:Citation needed.
And delivered
Golden wrote:
indiglo wrote:Resurrection Ship
Resurrection Ship
and
Golden wrote:The event was triggered by indiglo, not timed, but given only one mission can be made every 6 hours, being there at the time of the event being triggered is not overly important.
*indiglowing*
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:Ah but you need to go back and read how I replied to that post of BRs you quoted, Rabbit. I DID think all cylons were bad at the start of the game. I never saw this show. No one made any mention of potential civ cylons until after Epi was rezzed that I can recall.

Expect the expected.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

S~V~S wrote:No one made any mention of potential civ cylons until after Epi was rezzed that I can recall.
We were also lucky that the first cylon we tried to lynch was a good one, while the rez ships were still functioning. We didn't lose Athena.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Rabbit exhibits
strange suss choices save for one,
much like zebra had.

Speaking of which, sig
had a strong hunt on zebra
sounds commendable. :noble:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:Ah but you need to go back and read how I replied to that post of BRs you quoted, Rabbit. I DID think all cylons were bad at the start of the game. I never saw this show. No one made any mention of potential civ cylons until after Epi was rezzed that I can recall.

Matt wrote:Btw, in the show, the Final Five were actually good guys who still fought the Cylons after finding out who they really were. I don't know what impact that will have in the game, but just sayin'.
Matt wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Matt, do you genuinely suspect Scotty?
Well it's a little early, but I was pinged by it. But that's probably my paranoia and I'd be saying that about anyone who solved it.

As for the Final Five thing, I was thinking about the show, and realized that there's potentially one of the Final Five who could turn scum. Without giving too much away about the show, there is one of the Final Five who absolutely deserved to die and...did. :)
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:You got a read on me yet Rico?
I have a policy lynch, if it would please you, instead. :nicenod:
Can't get rid of me that easy, but k. :shifty:

Anyway, looking over the Cylon roles...some of them have different colored names. I wonder if the Cylons are split into two btsc teams.

Weird, tho, because both Sharons, Athena and Boomer, are the same color, but I would imagine they wouldn't be on the same team because they were quite opposite in the show.

Boomer started off thinking she was human, but ended up taking on the Cylon cause. Athena knew she was a Cylon from the get go, but then rebelled against them and fought with the humans. I'm starting to wonder if the bad guys solely consist of Cylons or if some of the humans are Mafia, as well.
Should I go on?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Hi guys

I'm sick as a dog today and have decided to spend as much time as possible asleep.

I'm extending the day 24 hours as a result, just because I'd prefer not to have to make sure I'm around and awake at the right time.

I'll fix the poll accordingly - your votes shouldn't be affected.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:Hi guys

I'm sick as a dog today and have decided to spend as much time as possible asleep.

I'm extending the day 24 hours as a result, just because I'd prefer not to have to make sure I'm around and awake at the right time.

I'll fix the poll accordingly - your votes shouldn't be affected.
Sleep has his house
Kinda glad for extension
Could use some sleep too
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote:

Matt wrote:Btw, in the show, the Final Five were actually good guys who still fought the Cylons after finding out who they really were. I don't know what impact that will have in the game, but just sayin'.
Matt wrote:
Well it's a little early, but I was pinged by it. But that's probably my paranoia and I'd be saying that about anyone who solved it.

As for the Final Five thing, I was thinking about the show, and realized that there's potentially one of the Final Five who could turn scum. Without giving too much away about the show, there is one of the Final Five who absolutely deserved to die and...did. :)
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Anyway, looking over the Cylon roles...some of them have different colored names. I wonder if the Cylons are split into two btsc teams.

Weird, tho, because both Sharons, Athena and Boomer, are the same color, but I would imagine they wouldn't be on the same team because they were quite opposite in the show.

Boomer started off thinking she was human, but ended up taking on the Cylon cause. Athena knew she was a Cylon from the get go, but then rebelled against them and fought with the humans. I'm starting to wonder if the bad guys solely consist of Cylons or if some of the humans are Mafia, as well.
Should I go on?
The first few posts were about the final five, who I am assuming have not been triggered yet. I meant Cylons 1-8. And the last post you quote says "Maybe 2 BTS Teams" NOT that any of them might be civvies. And that post from someone who seems to know alot about the show.

So yeah, keep going, lol.

Also feel better Golden :hugs:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And this is the post I was working on when I saw the host post. BBL, moderation calls.
G-Man wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I hear you.

According to my last read on you:
G-Man wrote:S~V~S- She drops from a civ read due to what I see as backpedaling on the claim issue. She seemed very much in favor about everyone claiming initially but as holdouts emerged and continue to hold out the past two game days, her stance has softened because pressuring people to claim seems too 1984-ish. Her angle on taking out Cain before Cavil strikes me as odd because Cavil's part of a team, which can be rooted out, while Cain is one player, an indy most likely. It's not impossible to find Cain but it's a harder process that may take more time than we have available if we do need both Cavil and Cain dead. She still has a few reads that mesh with mine though, which counts for something. Her insistence that Long Con is Cain is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around.
And we had a realllly good idea of who Cain was, and I thought he was a bad indy, and I still think that. Anyone who makes it harder for ciovvies to win is bad in my book. And apparently there are as many good cylons as bad ones, so how can a role that wants ALL cylons dead to win be protown?

If anyone had had as strong as idea who Cavil was as we did of who Cain was, I would have been gung ho, but we didn't. And a baddie in the hand is worth two in the bush. I don't see why this is bad behavior, any more than I see how thinking cylons are all bad on day one is bad behavior, either.

And I don't see how favoring everyone claiming is the same as forcing people to claim via lynching them. What if they are not cylons? Or what if they are a good cylon? I very much dislike it when the same two people kept harping on that, like it was a litmus test. If people do it, I feel better about them. If they don't they don't.

Again,not seeing how this is bad.

I do agree with you about Drum, he seemed to have changed his activity level & demeanor, maybe Matts recruiting theory could be right?
Dex wrote:The Defence of DrWilgy

I'm going to try this one last time before the votes start to fall in earnest

1. I am as certain that Wilgs is a civ cylon as I was the LC was Cain. You'll recall that I pushed hard for an LC lynch. Now that Cain is dead, everyone's life is better. Particularly civ cylons.

2. My belief that Wilgs is a civ cylon is not a hunch or gut-based. It is a logical deduction that follows from his posts. The only question is rather or not Wilgs was being honest. I think in context its quite apparent he was. I'd say he's been perfectly honest ever since he declared.

3. For those posting that Wilgs can't be a civ cylon because Caprica 6 is the last one and the math doesn't work, you are incorrect. Leoben is also a civ cylon.

A. He sided against Cavil in the cylon rebellion, along with D'Anna, Caprica 6, and Athena. He also aids Roslin during Gaeta's mutiny, and has a Starbuck connection. He is not part of the Cavil clique, group, faction, or whatever you want to call it.
B. It makes more sense in terms of game balance that this role be civ.

Since Wilgy never claimed to be Caprica 6 and has frequently pointed this out, I'm guessing he is Leoben. The only people with an interest in killing Leoben are Cavil's faction and any humans who still want to kill all cylons.
I agree that the post I *THINK* you are talking about seems one without artifice. It seems to me that he just said it without thinking much of it, which is kind of why it feels real.

Day 2 and 3 done.
You're gone for a few months and all the jargon changes lol.
DrWilgy wrote:ObsureAllure

If Glorf claims and negates a lynch on him, I wouldn't mind OA or Sig being in second (or being in first for that matter). I don't know where BR is, but I feel like I can give her benefit of the doubt when compared to OA (who has been here and posting, just choosing to ignore me).

Discuss.
I think BR is a civ, and I am not sure I think OA is bad, really. I trust her so far. But I can agree re sig.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Ricochet wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
No, you mentioned Wigly. Wigly did that.
This sentence right here
ObscureAllure wrote:He's a cylon so if he claims our number two (should be Wigly) dies and if he doesn't claim then Glor dies. Either way we have a mafia.
Oh restlessness Sorry, I was referring Sorsha Glor there. I Long Con pretty certain Glor is a cylon based on Golden Genie reaction to silvers LaezyDaezy. miscompute Willow Rosenberg behavoir, just as Wigly has done. quaquaversum I honestly levite Shinny really paying attention if I'm honest because I lost a lot of jhilmil when we religieuse two possibly three lief in compressibility of us, some verified through amnesty event, and people are voting abatement of them. Just kind of feels like why hunt Red Knight Juliets if no unavoidable else is interested in doing it. unexaggerated been skim reading the last few page as best.
G-Man wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
G-Man wrote:Alright OA, let me see if I get this straight- Wilgy is a bum and you owe him nothing. He's a dirty mafia trying to turn suspicion on you.

At the start of the game you trusted zebra but that has changed. Now you think she's either been bad all along and just good at hiding it or she was recruited.

Is that about right?
:fist:
Apparently not, unless you're confusing the shaking fist smilie for a fist pump :nicenod: . Respond with smilies: :nicenod: for yes and :suspish: for no.

Is your first paragraph about Wilgy? : :nicenod:

Is your second paragraph about zebra? : :nicenod:
^^^^

So Polo, Dex, and a few others are going to slyly insert merogenesis of me into Ela unvarying and then follow Wigly's vote for me so that when Glor claims, I am killed. Go for it. Have at it.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Matt wrote:

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Should I go on?
The first few posts were about the final five, who I am assuming have not been triggered yet. I meant Cylons 1-8. And the last post you quote says "Maybe 2 BTS Teams" NOT that any of them might be civvies. And that post from someone who seems to know alot about the show.

So yeah, keep going, lol.

Also feel better Golden :hugs:

Final 5, all Cylons. You miss the part about Athena being a human and you assuming baddies = Cylon?

Proof?
S~V~S wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So say we all.
S~V~S wrote:How horrible :puppy:

He wanted to die, and now he was rezzed? He is a rezzed baddie?

So say we all.
What makes you think he was rezzed as a baddie?
Isn't that role, Sharon Agaton,a baddie? She's a Cylon, right?
No one made any mention of potential civ cylons until after Epi was rezzed that I can recall.
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:By humans being Mafia, you mean the Final Five or any civilian role?
Any civilian role. Well, not any, but specifically a few...

Gaius, Felix, and Tom Zarek come to mind as a few humans who could potentially be on a Mafia team, I would think. Maybe not Gaius, I guess it depends on your PoV.
I find this to be pure Matttalk, the Host was clear that the Final Five would be randomised, if this concerns them (and whether they will switch to mafia or anti-civ). Any civilians besides the potential F5 ones would constitute civilian traitors and should normally mess with the game balance.

Then again, this game is a semi closed setup and I've been known to burn my face off before with thinking the game would be too straightforward. :shrug2:
Pure Matttalk? Haha.

The Final Five has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Pretend they don't even exist for a moment.

What I'm saying, is that I think regular human non-cylons could be Mafia. It seems you've also seen the show, do you disagree with me that it's possible any or all of the names I mentioned could be Mafia?

Take into consideration, also, that the role list isn't divided between "civs" and "mafia", just "humans" and "cylons". And there are some Cylons (again, Athena, and the Final Five minus Tory) that could be considered "civs", so no I don't think it's "purely Matttalk". :meany:
:noble:

Why, considering this:
Golden wrote:8) It is not necessary for you to have knowledge of the show to play. However, at times, lore will play a role in the mechanics of the game, and it could provide an explanation for events that have occurred or provide you with assistance in what to do next. At times, it may be to your faction's advantage if there is at least someone on your side with knowledge of the show, but it will never be game breaking for you if you do not. It is up to you, the players, how much you choose to research lore during the game.
Not look at the posts of players who have knowledge?

Return to “Previous Jobs”