Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 8

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:Contest entries should always be by PM, unless you would like other people to steal your ideas and answers.

I'm sure "LOST" will be accepted as an entry, but whether or not it will win...
how dare you

this show isn't LOST at all

it's called "DADDY ISSUES ISLAND" and any coincidences to any other works are purely coincidental
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about Matt:
Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:@Glorfindel you came in, made a post then poof. :(

Current thoughts on the game?
So Say We All

Yeah, I thought it was important to check in (without reading the rules carefully first) - nothing like starting the game screwed from your first post... :mad:

From what I (skim) read I feel happy so far about Zebs (I wonder if I've developed some skill in reading her now given our rocky start). There's a lot of players here I've not encountered before which is something of a challenge. I thought Matt's remark about the different coloured font in the profiles of our Cylon friends was interesting. I'd not noticed that's til he mentioned it. What if anything that is indicative of I have absolutely no clue. I notice my friend IAWY hasn't posted yet :(

Oh, and congratulations on the Ambassador thing. To be honest, this site has no more passionate and insistent promoter than you.
Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:So Say We All!

I started to catch up on this thread when I first awoke this morning at 5:30 am and in between inconveniences like meals and work I think I've finally managed to catch up. It's 12:25 pm now and I feel like I want to poke my eyes out :fist: I totally understand the passion a lot of us have for these games but those responsible for the last umpteen pages need to take a long hard look at themselves. This kind of behaviour does nothing but discourage those of us who are trying to enjoy and contribute to this insanely complex game.

After 43 pages, I still don't know what the hell is going on and feel I am grasping in the darkness for some point of reference, a northern star if you will. The funny thing is, I don't actually feel disadvantaged by that any longer. After all I have read, I think I'd be MORE concerned right now if I truly thought I knew what was going on and that I had all the answers like a couple of you appear to do. My feelings about some of you have changed and I feel like I understand some of you better than I have before.
Go on.
So Say We All!

Well, as weird as it feels to admit this, this is the first game I've played here where I'm seeing Matt as perfectly rational, reasoned generally making a lot of sense in my judgement. I don't know if I've played with him previously but while I don't think I totally 'got' him early on, I feel a lot more comfortable with Ricochet given his stated views and his insistence on the whole 'commitment and discipline in working together' strategy-wise. I still feel good about Zebs too. Someone mentioned earlier (Sig, I wouldn't mind wagering) that I always see her as Town which is not true. In my first game with her (Star Wars) I knew she was bad from the get go. But I think I'm pretty good (for some reason) in picking her alignment. Even you I suppose to an extent as well. I don't know that you and I have ever really 'hit it off' all that well but despite that, right now I have no burning desire to remove you from the game because yes, at this stage, I do believe that you are Town.

Incidentally, on the topic that was raised earlier on the topic of the 'S' word, I can give you a cast iron guarantee that I NEVER used that word in any Mafia game I have ever played and NEVER will. I personally find it demeaning and derogatory and will never use it in reference to any of my fellow players in these games. Just sayin'...
Glorfindel wrote:Matt: I'm as certain as I can be that you're Town and I don't know what it is but if there IS indeed something fishy going on with this game mechanic, I'm confident you'll work it out :nicenod:
Early in the game Glorfindel was strong in his support of Matt.

OK, I confess - I am completely lost in this game. It seems to me that some of you are changing your points of you like you likely change your underwear. I've said before and maintain still that the presumption that all our Cylon friends are Mafia is a mirage. The laws that have been passed have been (in my mind) contradictory and the references to the 'final five' is something I am still trying to fathom. Have I become some kind of 'tinfoiling nutcase'? Perhaps.

I remain convinced that Zebs, Epi, Sig, 3J, OA, Ricochet and Silver Wolf are fellow Town. I'm think (but am not certain) that Polo, Matt and G-Man are as well. I have no confidence on Dr Wilgy at all and anyone else is a null read as far as I'm concerned.

My confusion here is real and in this current state I genuinely fear that I am of no use to you, my fellow team mates and may actually be contributing to the cause of our Mafia opponents. I'm taking a short break for the next day or so and try to clear my head. I know some of you will inevitably jump to all sorts of conclusions that I am acting out of all sorts of malicious intent and if that's your judgement, so be it. I hope to be back with you all again soon, I'm sorry.
The support is sustained into Day 4, though with less strong language.

Also, irrelevant to Matt, but "fellow town" strikes again. :p
Glorfindel wrote:
Matt wrote:Updated list of Non-Claimers

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
Sokoth
Vompatti

How many players do we have in the game? 24, 25? Two-thirds of the town have agreed that claiming is in the town's best interest, so essentially, all of these players are anti-town as of now.

We need to put pressure on them. Do I think they're all "bad" ? No. Do I think Cavil and/or other bad cylons are hiding in this bunch? Absolutely.

I think we should start with OA, who can't claim cuz of "punishments" but will totes claim if we lynch LC despite "punishments".

ObscureAllure

Linki - Oh okay, nvm now she was "just kidding". Someone help me pressure her please.
So Say We All!

I'm sorry, my friend but you're posting the wrong list... The list that YOU should be posting (that would be infinitely more helpful to us) is the list of players that HAVE claimed in sequence of when they claimed (and preferably with the times they claimed so we can timeline them). Let me make this crystal clear, I'm in no way accusing you of anything but others (like well, umm Polo for instance) who seem obsessed with the first list you posted are I believe leading us down the garden path. What is happening here is what is referred to as selection bias and it's being perpetrated on a Town team that is largely far to accepting of it. Continually posting that list only focuses attention on those that for a variety of different reasons have not claimed.

As I said earlier, it seems only logical to me that the real Baddies have already jumped ship and claimed leaving them time to hide and help drive lynches on those who haven't/won't claim and so gain an advantage over us. I am highly suspicious of those who insist on driving this misguided agenda. :eye:
Honeymoon is over on Day 5, though Glorfindel doesn't outright accuse Matt of anything. He's implying that Matt is lumped into an unnamed suspicious grouping though.
3J asked me for a list of my suspects and I'm happy to try but I might need to do it by installment over this Day phase so for those of you who may be interested, I hope you can bear with me :nicenod:

Firstly, I'd like to list the people that I consider my Town leans:
SilverWolf
JaggedJimmyJay
Sig
Epignosis
S-V-S
a2thezebra
Marmot
Ricochet
Matt
G-Man
SokothQultuq
I guess all is forgiven on Day 6.
Glorfindel wrote:
Matt wrote:A few notes...

Sokoth is really playing up the noob card by his "read" on Einstein. For realz.

Epi not insulting my question towards him immediately...is giving me the heebies.

Also, I'm not sure what to think of Glorf. He had a post (somewhere, yeesh) saying "I am civvie Glorf as always" (paraphrasing obvi) and I actually straight up believed it. HOWEVER...he hasn't claimed yet. And lots of people are thinking he's bad, so in honor of SilverWolf my vote is going to...

Glorfindel
Dodgy as all hell... I don't know whether to be angry or just disappointed in you Matt...
Matt voted for Glorfindel on Day 6 and naturally Glorf was displeased. He called it "dodgy", but still not "suspicious". From these interactions I'm kind of getting the feeling that Glorfindel wasn't sure how he should classify Matt as his opponent in the thread after having given him town reads earlier in the game. It looks like he wants to cast suspicion upon Matt but is never quite comfortable doing so, and that would be a good look for Matt.

~~~

Things Matt said to/about Glorfindel:
Matt wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: So Say We All!

As much as I'm struggling with this game, I am enjoying very much the challenging theories you are proposing. I'm not fully caught up yet but in relation to your comments above, from my reading of things Gaius Baltar (Human) fills the detective role in this game and can determine whether any given player is either Human or Cylon. The detective role is from my experience, exclusively a Town role. Apart from the possibility of a Human traitor, surely that suggests that the bulk of the Mafia team is indeed Cylon (not necessarily all of the Cylons either as I believe the situation with Epi evidences). Is it unreasonable to make this assumption? Otherwise, surely the detective role would be nothing but a farce :shrug:
Hmm, you're probably right about that. I still think, almost above any other pairing from the show, that Gaius and Six may be connected in the game, so whoever brought up the possibility of them having a Lovers role would be right, I think.

Glorfy! I screamed and screamed at Golden for not allowing us to be Mafia mates like I asked in the sign up chat. He got a strong lecture, let me tell you! :mad:
WIFOM. Image
Matt wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Matt: I'm as certain as I can be that you're Town and I don't know what it is but if there IS indeed something fishy going on with this game mechanic, I'm confident you'll work it out :nicenod:
Which game mechanic? The role alignments you mean? Or the ship coordinates? BTW I'm sorry everyone that F5 didn't go through :( I still think B3 is a great option as the "9th sector", considering the HuB in the show was found in Sector Delta 9.

Glorfy, I'm frankly surprised how much confidence you have in me given how wrong I was about you being Two-Face during Arkham mafia. Hrm.

Everyone who's reading me as good...

Yay! That never happens! :beer:

Linki - I can't explain why, but I suddenly want to lynch Scotty with a vengeance. I may rethink that in a few min, we'll see. Hrm.
Matt seemed a little perturbed by the early town reads Glorf was handing him.
Matt wrote:Wow. Rip no one.

As someone mentioned already, if Golden is going through the motions of the show, then the Cylon Occupation should be coming up soon. :faint:

Why is everyone so quick to pounce on Glorfindel? Is nobody else seeing what I'm seeing? I'm probably wrong tho haha but I think Glorfy may be a good cylon.

Glorfy, swear on your mother that you're a good Cylon and I will tunnel every mofo who comes at you.
Matt's tune changed some after Glorf got out of the Day 6 lynch. This progressed into a theory of civilian BTSC:
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What are you seeing? We already have two potential Cylons playing the good game card. Begin your sentence with "I think" and then lay it out for us.
I see sig and Glorfy town reading the eff out of each other when looking through their ISO's. With the exception of sig "questioning" Glorf early on, they have been mutually strong town reading one another. Multiple times.

People now seem to think sig is Gaius.

Derp.
It would seem this theory was probably incorrect, but I do think it looks like authentic Matt.

He expanded on this theory here.

~~~

This one isn't super conclusive, but I do think Glorf's treatment of Matt towards the end looks more like a non-team mate relationship.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

A little pressed for time, so here's the basic outline for bea:

Behavioral Observations:
Day 2- Suggests the accuracy of a split/fragmented BTSC baddie team is accurate for game balance when all we had done was lynch a civ-aligned Toaster and this came before Nutella denied having BTSC.

Day 4- Refuses to make amnesty claim; null read on Glorfindel

Day 5- Civ read on Glorfindel and she votes sideways on sig under the guise of giving Wilgy more time to explain himself while not drunk

Day 6- Says she's leaning toward a sig vote but ultimately votes for Glorfindel

Vote Analysis:
-Missed the Day 1 vote
-Day 2 she voted mid-pack sideways on LoRab (lone vote that way) instead of any other multi-vote trains
-Day 3 she votes mid-to-late on Nero, bringing him within 1 vote of LoRab (delay tactic on a suspected civ-aligned?)
-Day 4 makes a safe late vote on LoRab
-Day 5 is a sideways vote on sig (but this isn't very damning at all since we know LC was bad and Wilgy may be civ-aligned)
-Day 6 is a deadline vote for Glorfindel (could be trying to look good for helping lock & confirm Glorf but it was a non-lynch)
-Missed Day 7 vote

If you want to look for teamwork behavior with Nutella, good luck because Nutella died Day 2 and bea missed the Day 1 vote.

If you want to look for teamwork behavior with Glorfindel, save for Day 2, all of her votes are within three votes of Glorfindel (though looking back at the times of said votes is necessary to see how close in time they voted, not just how close they are on the vote list).

Early bea looks worse than recent bea, so this is a little soft. Sokoth might deserve my #2 spot instead of bea looking at all this written out. One thing I come back to is that she feels like a quiet player but she's got a decent post count. Probably because she blitzes us with posts whenever she's around.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Yup. I've totally got a Crap voting record. And my posting is erratic based on a totally wonky work schedule and trying to squeeze some time in with the hubby.

I'm still not bad. Just a nub player.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm finding these Glorfindel interactions a bit tough to assess, because he really did seem to treat everyone in a pretty consistent manner. I'd appreciate a second opinion on these from anyone who is bored enough.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Some general listy reads coming as soon as I get dressed. Hubby is pushing me to get moving.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about ObscureAllure:

OK, so picking up where I left off, it appears the general consensus is that our Mafia Team is approximately six or seven members strong predominantly comprised of Cylons with a human or two thrown in? There's still something about this whole set up that feels fishy to me but for the time being, I suppose... :shrug:

I'll be limited as far as my time goes tomorrow stuck in interviews most of the day so my posting will remain a little sparse for the time being, sorry... I think I'm up with most of what's going on now so I'll just throw a few thoughts out there:

Ricochet: a number of people have inferred that they are suspicious of him. I'd really like to hear the case against him. Personally, I'm getting nothing but Town vibes from him. I find his enthusiasm for this game to be almost infectious and his reaction to the whole LC Sortie insubordination incident this morning reveals that he is someone who is passionate about teamwork and discipline (qualities that I personally admire). Sure, it could all be calculated and manipulative but I'm just not feeling it.

Zebs: I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on the goings on here - I value your opinions very highly and frankly, we could do with the benefit of your insight.

IAWY: Someone (Epi?) mentioned the possibility of him being the Day 2 default lynch - I'd never be on board with that had he still been playing but I find it strange behaviour for him given my experiences of him in games at other sites.

Epi: Will not be getting my vote.

Silverwolf: Safe Town in my book.

JJJ: I don't honestly know what to think. Like Ricochet, he appears to have his detractors but the case against him as I understand it is based on a perception that he is playing differently from past games? I have no reference point for that so I'll be leaving that one for others to debate.

Matt: I'm as certain as I can be that you're Town and I don't know what it is but if there IS indeed something fishy going on with this game mechanic, I'm confident you'll work it out :nicenod:

I can't say I have any strong feelings against most of the other players that have come under consideration today (e.g. Nutella, ObscureAllure, etc.).

There's still substantial time before the next vote so I'll keep an eye out until then...
He tossed her into a small "no strong feelings" pile right alongside nutella on Day 2.
Glorfindel wrote:
Matt wrote:Updated list of Non-Claimers

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
Sokoth
Vompatti

How many players do we have in the game? 24, 25? Two-thirds of the town have agreed that claiming is in the town's best interest, so essentially, all of these players are anti-town as of now.

We need to put pressure on them. Do I think they're all "bad" ? No. Do I think Cavil and/or other bad cylons are hiding in this bunch? Absolutely.

I think we should start with OA, who can't claim cuz of "punishments" but will totes claim if we lynch LC despite "punishments".

ObscureAllure

Linki - Oh okay, nvm now she was "just kidding". Someone help me pressure her please.
So Say We All!

I'm sorry, my friend but you're posting the wrong list... The list that YOU should be posting (that would be infinitely more helpful to us) is the list of players that HAVE claimed in sequence of when they claimed (and preferably with the times they claimed so we can timeline them). Let me make this crystal clear, I'm in no way accusing you of anything but others (like well, umm Polo for instance) who seem obsessed with the first list you posted are I believe leading us down the garden path. What is happening here is what is referred to as selection bias and it's being perpetrated on a Town team that is largely far to accepting of it. Continually posting that list only focuses attention on those that for a variety of different reasons have not claimed.

As I said earlier, it seems only logical to me that the real Baddies have already jumped ship and claimed leaving them time to hide and help drive lynches on those who haven't/won't claim and so gain an advantage over us. I am highly suspicious of those who insist on driving this misguided agenda. :eye:
His critique of Matt's mindset came in response to a Matt vote for ObscureAllure, so it was indirectly defensive of her (Day 4).
Glorfindel wrote:
Black Rock wrote:My new theory (in my head) is that the Cylon/Human relationship is not so black and white and there will be murderers from both sides. Which means the Mafia team is made up of both. I just don't know which roles.
And then appeared to jump enthusiastically on Admiral Caine's efforts to rid the game of our Cylon friends. I may be corrected on this, but I recall that she was one of the architects of the lynching of both Nutella and LoRab. This all looks rather suspicious to me.

Polo seems to be all over the place to me and the groundswell of support for my lynching has I think been a Godsend for him. It seems that for the first time this past Day phase he's started to take some heat and I notice he's just jumped back on me. I don't trust him one little bit.

Obscure Allure has me very confused. If I'm not misunderstanding him, he's all for Cylon genocide and for everyone to claim - EXCEPT him. He seems (in my opinion) to be alluding to some reason why he alone is exempt and like everyone understands why. I may be silly but I don't understand why...
Glorf expresses confusion over OA's mindset but doesn't provide a "read" of OA stemming from that confusion.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, I would like gun to head reads on every living player. I'll supply you with the list, all you need to do is copy/paste it and give me "good" or "bad" for everyone. No nulls allowed.

a2thezebra/rabbit8: Good
bea: Good
Black Rock: Bad
Dex: Good
DrumBeats: Bad
DrWilgy: Good
Epignosis: Good
G-Man: Good
JaggedJimmyJay: Good
Metalmarsh89: Good
Matt: Good
ObscureAllure: Bad (but on this one especially, I reserve the right to change my mind based on an ISO of her posts)
Polo: Bad
Ricochet: Good
S~V~S: Good
sig: Good
Silverwolf: Good
SokothQultug: Good
Vompatti: God knows?
The way I see it, I'm one or two 'Bads' short. I've given you an off the cuff opinion and I make no secret of the fact that I'm not a great judge of people's malicious intentions.
Hey look! The only name for which Glorf violated the sacred rules of GTH was ObscureAllure. He called her bad, but he seemed to hate doing so and left a disclaimer that he might want to change his mind later. :ponder:

I think this should speak volumes about her, but I am not sure what is being spoken. If I put the gun to my head, I think it's suspicious.
Glorfindel wrote:The most suspicious character to me though is ObscureAllure. It's a bit hard to follow her many insanified posts but she claimed a connection between DrWilgy and I for which there is no basis in fact as far as I can see (when I was saying he was suspicious for much of five Day phases) :shrug: Then there was this post:
ObscureAllure wrote:I Have been right about Nutella, LoRab, Wigly all being cylons and was right about LC being bad and you have NO meta to go off of for me and I'm a top suspect.
Firstly, Zebs thought she was bad and that carries some weight with me. Again, she is another of the anti-Cylon clique yet I don't recall that she ever claimed? I'm happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong about that. At the time all Cylon claiming was going on, I was satisfied with her explanation but in retrospect and looking at her attitude towards Cylons, it all seems rather odd to me.

I know I'm sounding kinda useless here but I don't know with any certainty the identity of the Mafia team other than the suspicions that I've voiced. I'm fairly certain though that if there are a couple of Cylons that ARE Mafia, they'll be driving the gullible amongst us on a campaign against all the remaining Cylons (Town aligned) to distract us from them and that to me, looks exactly like what ObscureAllure is doing.
Glorf accused OA of being one of the people driving the agenda he swore was going to ruin town in this game eventually. I think this is a little curious since OA was and still is among those players who haven't claimed cylon -- something Glorf ought to have appreciated.
Glorfindel wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Golden wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Do people threaten to leave the site every game or is it just this game that's got people in a tizzy?
That's it. I'm leaving. I'm going to represent some other site in the mafia champs finals! And I'm taking people with me. Well, at least, I'm taking a whole lot of sock accounts with me. OK?

(In all seriousness, I can only presume it is because your return has people quivering in their boots with the fear that they will never be able to win again?)

LOLLLL!!!! I really don't get it. I think this is one of the most well thought out and truly makes-you-think games I've ever seen. I guess people just aren't used to having to work so hard to figure anything out. LOL. Well, I for one appreciate all the hard work you've put into this game. I don't ever remember having to work this hard on a mafia game and that's pretty damn awesome if you ask me. :workit:

Glor - do you think I'm a human civv, human mafia, cylon civv, or cylon mafia? Do you have any suspicions of who I am? Just curious since you seem to be so sure about me.
No dramas, Obscure. I do think you're Mafia and although it would make more logical sense that you were Cylon Mafia (given you wouldn't claim) I sense that you might be human Mafia. It's a gut thing and no, I can't quote any evidence at this point to support that.
OA prodded Glorf to state specifically what he suspected her of being and his response is all over the place. That might work in her favor.

~~~

Things ObscureAllure said to/about Glorfindel:
ObscureAllure wrote:Zeebs - this encylopedia of yours... Did it specifically say "town" besides LC or human? There is a difference my dear. And in this game, it's a deadly difference.

LINKI - Polo I agree to all three. But I think since we already know about LoRab she's probably the best bet for today. They would all be good back ups, though. As is DF, IMO. (Thanks MM) I'm not saying anything more about LC if y'all are going to ignore it so I would say they are the next best options, IMO. For me it's Sig, Wigly, Bea, Glor
Nothing directly about Glorfindel until Day 4, and in this he was lumped into a pile of four suspects.
ObscureAllure wrote:SHIT I forgot that we are in a different time zone and didn't realize the night post was up. SO SAY WE ALL.
Epignosis wrote:If you wanted to get cute, put GlorFIENDel in first place and sig in second, or something like that.
Either this or glor first then Wigly - either way Glor first to force him to claim.
Talking about forcing Glorfindel to claim, suggests putting him in first over Wilgy (Day 6).
ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I'd interject that the concept of Wilgy claim Caprica Six would arise "for no reason" or "all of a sudden", because there are not many original Cylon numbers we could infer to be non-baddie aligned. Maybe Leoben for being linked with Starbuck after a while? That's about it, though. So, with LoRab flipping Anna, who else to take into consideration but a Cylon such as Caprica Six?
Or he could be a bad cylon lying? Let's do the math. How many bad cylons (not Capricia Six) are left compared to the one Capricia Six? The odds are much higher that he's not Six. And that's even if we assume Six isn't bad. We don't know that. Literally every cylon who gets caught being a cylon is going to claim being six. They can't all be six. It's impossible. He's NOT six.
I agree with most of this post. Mathematically speaking, it is doubtful that Wigly is a protown cylon. We likely only have one more, if even that, so how many people are instantly assuming he is that one is frightening. The difference between this and the Epig lynch, is Epig was confirmed to be a protown cylon afterwards, Wigly was not. Wigly could be Six, or even Cavil. We don't know, but we know there is a mathematic likelihood of Wigly flipping scum.

The Bold and Underlined part however, makes me wonder how Obscure is this certain Wigly is not Six. I could see OA flipping Six based on this honestly.
I wasn't claiming, was just aggravated because everyone is like "OMG - he might be a gooooooood cylon!" After three days of ranting how bad he is. If all it takes to stop from getting lynched is to tell everyone that are a good cylon I might... No, I still wouldn't. Lol. But seriously though. He can't be six, he's a bad guy, all of the evidence that people posted for three days says that, and I don't think six is bad. I'm not a cylon, so I'm not six.
That reminds me, what font color is Six listed in again in the opening post? I can't recall.
No clue - go look if you want to know?

Ok so let me just point out the obvious here. There is one "possibly Civ" cylon left (Capricia six) and we have two confirmed cylons alive (Sig and Wigly). You realize that in the LEAST, one of them has to be bad, right? And they both hinted that they are six. Does no one else see this? Seriously? I'm in shock that we are even talking about people outside of these two (well, and glor because Silver didn't try to really hide that one if we are to believe her.) we are still out to kill mafia right?!??
This I don't like.

OA loudly promoted her theory that one among Wilgy and sig is bad given that their "confirmed cylons" (which they aren't), and only included Glorf as an afterthought. Look at how she did that though -- by suggesting that Silverwolf came close to info-dumping against Glorfindel. "If we are to believe her", as if OA has any reason to doubt Silverwolf.

This reads to me like a badly forced inclusion of Glorfindel in a critical post that is itself not factual (as far as I can tell) about the other players mentioned. It also looks like she knew Silverwolf had revealed something about Glorfindel, probably when SW voted for him right out of the gate, but wasn't willing to grant that possibility enough credence to make it more than an afterthought while she pursued Wilgy/sig instead.
ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Meta is the only thing to go on in this game for town to hunt baddies with, and even that is extremely flimsy even at its most useful. The game is naturally designed in favor of mafia because of this, because less is more here and no one should be left unquestioned. That's it.

linki - I know that's not what you said. I read what you said. I said something else to respond to it. Read.

And you've never played with me, but I'm a top suspect? I Have been right about Nutella, LoRab, Wigly all being cylons and was right about LC being bad and you have NO meta to go off of for me and I'm a top suspect. Not the CONFIRMED CYLON Wigly? Not Glor, who silver so unceremoniously hinted at night time knowledge about? (Not saying I agree with her doing it that way, but if the information is out there we might as well use it.)

I think your goal in the game is to stir the pot and say and do the exact opposite of what you actually feel. Or, you are one of the weirdest mafia players I've ever seen.
Again.

I'm not even going to bother with the insanified stuff.

~~~

I'm more suspicious of ObscureAllure than I was an hour ago.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

What contest?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok on the road reads:

Bea - nub town.
Br - I thought check was civ the first few days. Since then I've forgotten she was playing more than once. Like I have to remind myself often nope. She's still here. That kinda makes me nervous.

Drumbeat- I'm having a tough time with him. When he's not here, I feel like I think he might be bad, then when he posts his posts feel pretty civ.

Dr Wilgy - he's a cylon. I belive a good one. I thought I had an idea as to which one but I might be mistaken.

Epi - athena. I got the good feels here.

Gman - reminding me lots of the meticulous note taker I came to love when he was 813. I've seen nothing that makes me suspect him.

Inh - used to be silver so I've been reading him as civ. Still would like to see more from him. I know he can be a very skilled player dispite his rep for the beyond zany.

Jimmy - reads like Jimmy to me. I feel like he is likely civ.

Matt - despite my paranoia at times with him, I can't shake the feeling he has a particular civ role. I think his heart is in the right place.

OA - honestly she is an enigma to me. I'm having a hard time coming to a decision about her intentions and this late in the game that feels important.

Polo - his tunnel on SVS worried me. Other than that he's been pretty civ minded from what I remember.

Wabbit- I had a role penciled in for zeebs. Even though he's wrong about me, I don't think he's bad. Just looking in the wrong place.

Will get the rest out when I'm in line.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm finding these Glorfindel interactions a bit tough to assess, because he really did seem to treat everyone in a pretty consistent manner. I'd appreciate a second opinion on these from anyone who is bored enough.
As I said, I think Glorfindel was on his own.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:Wabbit- I had a role penciled in for zeebs. Even though he's wrong about me, I don't think he's bad. Just looking in the wrong place.
Can you quote a post or two of zebra's that brought you to this conclusion? No commentary is necessary if you cannot or do not feel comfortable providing it. Just quote posts.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about Polo:
Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If Lorab is bad with BTSC, and she knew she could claim "Sanctuary!"

How does that make you feel about these persons?

Polo (10), a2thezebra (11), Vompatti (12), Ricochet (13), S~V~S (14), DFaraday (15), JaggedJimmyJay (16)
I feel fine with Zebs, and Jimmy. I think Polo, Ricochet and S-V-S are alright. Jury is still out on DFaraday and Vompatti.
First mention on Day 3 is a positive one.
Glorfindel wrote:I remain convinced that Zebs, Epi, Sig, 3J, OA, Ricochet and Silver Wolf are fellow Town. I'm think (but am not certain) that Polo, Matt and G-Man are as well. I have no confidence on Dr Wilgy at all and anyone else is a null read as far as I'm concerned.
Sustained into Day 4.
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel, do you have a legitimate reason not to claim Cylon? Are you John Cavil?

I am here JJJ, please make good use of my time.
Largely a matter of principle and no, you have my word that I am not John Cavil. I want to re-read the cases for and against in relation to the claiming thing. I do however suspect something entirely sinister is going on here (feel free to call me paranoid. I have a question for you though - would Youi or anyone like to speculate on why we had the Cylon Amnesty Act in the first place? What could our President been trying to achieve by passing that law? I'd be most interested in any conjecture anyone would care to volunteer on this matter.
Cites "principle" when Polo tries to get an explanation for his failure to claim.

@Polo: Thanks for your vote on me my friend - you seem suspiciously eager to get a wagon started on me and a little over an hour later, G-Man comes in and promises a case on me... :ponder:

I know you've already cast your vote but I'd really, REALLY like you to answer my question. This is (I believe) the fourth time I've asked so I'm beginning to wonder now if you're deliberately avoiding answering it for some reason. You've obviously thought this whole thing Cylon claiming thing through, so it shouldn't be THAT hard to answer, should it :shrug:
When Polo moved against him on Day 4, Glorf's tone immediately changed. This is blatant OMGUS, and I think it's a decent look for Polo.

~~~

Things Polo said to/about Glorfindel:
Polo wrote:ObscureAllure, Epignosis, juliets, sig, Glorfindel, bea, DrWilgy, Drumbeats, Metalmarsh89

These are the people who voted for the Nerolunar counter bandwagon. Be wary of them. Counter bandwagons are a no-no in my (limited) book when a civ is lynched (or in this case a presumed civ, seeing that Nero was human).
Of those mentioned right above, juliets, Drumbeats, and ObscureAllure helped lynch Nutella.
Removing Epig and Marmot from the list of suspicious people, we're left with sig, Glorfindel, bea and DrWilgy.
Please look into those people.

Marmot is probably civilian, unless there's a scenario in which he claims to have witnessed a Cylon attack but is actually mafia/Cylon himself. :mafia:
Of course, such thing would only be possible if Cavil or any of the really bad guys had insanely strong hidden powers, but I'm inclined to consider Marmot a civ, for the time being.

I read up on the lore a bit and apparently Caprica Six kills Admiral Cain in one point of the show. We should try to find and lynch Six, then.

I'm going to vote LoRab now.
Polo wrote:Bea, what do you think of sig, Glorfindel and DrWilgy?
Polo wrote:Rico, what do you think of Bea, Glorfindel, Sig and DrWilgy?
Polo wrote:I still think that Sig, Glorfindel and DrWilgy (possibly Bea too) are mafia, and you folks should definitely look into them and lynch them if you find it reasonable.

LoRab may be Caprica Six and town; she may be Caprica Six and mafia; she may be another mafia Cylon, but as long as Cain is alive, we need to kill Cylons. And I'd rather kill Cylons than Cain, for now, because that's what the current win condition says.

LoRab, would you lynch Sig, Glorfindel, Wilgy and Bea? They all hopped on the Nerolunar counter bandwagon and none of them voted for Nutella on D2.
Polo did a lot of prodding on Day 4 to get people talking about Glorfindel among others. I like his effort to encourage interaction here among players he has stated suspicion for. This has analytic value and I think his pursuit of it looks authentic.
Polo wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel, do you have a legitimate reason not to claim Cylon? Are you John Cavil?
I am here JJJ, please make good use of my time.
Largely a matter of principle and no, you have my word that I am not John Cavil. I want to re-read the cases for and against in relation to the claiming thing. I do however suspect something entirely sinister is going on here (feel free to call me paranoid. I have a question for you though - would Youi or anyone like to speculate on why we had the Cylon Amnesty Act in the first place? What could our President been trying to achieve by passing that law? I'd be most interested in any conjecture anyone would care to volunteer on this matter.
I notice that I've had no response to this question that I asked - so I will ask again...
Sorry, got caught up in the GTH I guess.

I believe that Admiral Cain could be of an independent party with win conditions that differ from those of the civ team, and so she's not exactly town.
Golden probably thought of adding her as a way to raise difficulty and sow confusion into the game and make us all question "why the hell did we sign up for this (?)".

Oh, and by the way, why did you abstain from answering the GTH? :smoky: :ponder:

I mean, you posted this question amidst the gun-to-head moment. I guess it is my turn to suspect that something entirely sinister is going on here. :ohyeah:
Flings poo at Glorfindel for posting during the GTH reads exercise of Day 4 without participating in them. I like it.
Polo wrote:I'm going with my one of my gut reads. And as gullible as I may be, it's someone who hasn't claimed Cylon yet. Surprising?

Vote Glorfindel

Did not vote nutella on day 2;
Has yet to claim Cylon.

In an ideal scenario i'd be voting Zebra.

I'm gone for the rest of the day.
Polo wrote:Man, this is just weird. The guy says Zebra has posted almost no content; the same guy voted a2thezebra on Day 4 lynch and then gets his jimmies rustled because I would like to vote her today.
I kinda regret voting Glorfindel now.
Day 5 vote followed by lamentation as he considered Zebra's play.
Polo wrote:RIP, juliets! :puppy: :puppy: :puppy:
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Well, I am not the President, I am not Golden and I have no certainty over why the law was enacted, but it could have been a way of making it clear that there should be town Cylons in this game.

We still need to kill Cavil, though. Help us do so by claiming Cylon, will ya?
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to answer my question, my friend. I acknowledge that you didn't (in all likelihood) enact the law yourself and I totally endorse your presumption that it "could've been a way of making it clear that there should be Town Cylons in this game". But think about that for a minute - it doesn't make any sense in a world where the majority or even a significant number of Cylons are Mafia - UNLESS... the vast majority of Cylons AREN'T Mafia! That's been my problem with this whole Cylon Amnesty declaration thing all along. The general consensus (from my reading of things) is that the Admiral is working to a non-Town agenda by implementing win conditions under martial law that require the elimination of all our Cylon friends. If the Cylon Amnesty Act has never been repealed and we believe was passed for pro-Town reasons, I ask you, what harm have we potentially done to our chances of winning this game by eliminating a mechanic that may very well have been intended to give us some advantage?

I DO however agree with you about John Cavil. If there was one Cylon that is part of a Mafia team it would most likely be him. As I said before though, I think it's more likely that he's already jumped ship. Put yourself in his shoes - as things stand right now, which side of the fence would you rather be on? The side where there's seven or eight players you can help divert attention to and have the Town waste countless Day phases lynching or leave yourself isolated amongst a small group of players that are the focus of a lot of people's attention?
You are very stubborn to believe that a mafia Cylon such as Cavil would not take advantage of the fact that 8 people haven't claimed. That immunity can make or break the game. I am no longer going to discuss this subject but I still want everyone to claim, because the Cylon Amnesty Act is horrible and it should have never been enacted - and the only way it can be rendered ineffective is by having everyone claim.
Arguing with each other about Cavil and how he might treat the claimtroversy. Looks authentic.
Polo wrote:I am standing by my word and I'm going to vote now: vote S~V~S.

I'll write a big post when I get home.

I'm perfectly fine with a Glorfindel lynch and I endorse it too, but I'll try to convince you all to vote for S~V~S.
By the time Glorfindel was actually lynched, Polo had become obsessed with his suspicion of S~V~S. He voted for her instead, but still endorsed the Glorfindel lynch. It's not my favorite thing, but I don't think it ruins him.

~~~

I'd call Polo an unlikely team mate of Glorfindel.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm finding these Glorfindel interactions a bit tough to assess, because he really did seem to treat everyone in a pretty consistent manner. I'd appreciate a second opinion on these from anyone who is bored enough.
As I said, I think Glorfindel was on his own.
Could be. I'm tempering all of my reads based on that problem. I hope I'm not wasting my time. :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Rico - ok. I admit. I've lost why anyone thinks he's suspicious. I didn't think he was bad for refusing to claim. His stance that no one should claim felt more genuine than oa's everyone but me claim. Someone highlight what was bad about him again please cuz I don't see it.

Svs - I got the civ feel from her early in the game and I've seen no reason to change this opinion. I'm confused by what she mentioned by I would have guilted her more by now. But yea. I think she is a civ. I respect her opinion and have agreed with her lots this game.

Sig - zeebs thought he was bad. Wabbit still does. He seems to only pop up when mentioned. I know he's busy and I know he's tricky to read. If someone can make a case for how he is Leboan or six I will listen but he feels like the best bet at Doval or Cavil that I can see.

Sok - trying and reading fairly genuine. I get weird vibes from him at times not sure if that's cuz he's new and I'm just getting to know him or if there is something more.

I believe we are down to two bad cylons. I've been working under the assumption that the lynch of those two will end the game.

I'm in and out today. It's day 1 of comic con. My phone is already at 77 percent.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JJJ it was how she treated me and another player back when I made the comment about how it was weird that she was agreeing with me so much. I'm on my phone so it's hard to pull stuff but that's where my head has been. It was pretty wigly lynch. I hope that helps.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Gah. Epi that post was in response to your question not jj. Sorry. Nub bea strikes again. I'm about to donate blood for the first time. Yikes!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:JJJ it was how she treated me and another player back when I made the comment about how it was weird that she was agreeing with me so much. I'm on my phone so it's hard to pull stuff but that's where my head has been. It was pretty wigly lynch. I hope that helps.
Can you name the other player?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Wilgy.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Apologies for splitting this up but I want to get this out there before too close to the deadline. I'll post the vote analysis portion after I eat dinner.

Behavioral Observations:

Pre-Day 1 he jumped right in and tried to help with the opening decoding puzzle

-Night 1 he becomes an early adherant of 1) Epi is civ-aligned and 2) Not all Toasters are bad. He asks people for their thoughts about the merits of the checkerboard sortie plan.

Day 2 he suspects Nutella for very silly reasons (the letter N isn't common- um, watch Wheel of Fortune much?)

Day 3 he recommends we use either Glorfindel or bea on the counterwagon to LoRab instead of Nero, who flipped human. Later on, as the Nero train is established, he reverses course and suggests we put Nero in the lead over LoRab, which would nix our ability to confirm her amnesty claim.

Day 4 he thanks Cain for martial law (even though it makes the game harder to win for the civs)

Night 5 he seems pretty firm in thinking that Wilgy is bad and says he'll be suspicious of Wilgy defenders if Wilgy flips as Caprica 6.

Day 6 he still pursues his suspicion of Wilgy and chides those who buy into Wilgy being Caprica 6 or #2. He also questions Dex's and Polo's motives for entertaining the notion that Wilgy is civ-aligned. He also questions the issue of balancing a game with a small baddie team.

Day 7 he was in the brig, I think.
My Banners:
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

G-Man wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:So both sig and Wigly are confirmed cylons due to surviving their lynches. I think we can all agree that there is likely only one good cylon left. This means at least one of the two of them should be bad. Are we not going to discuss this?
Didn't we come to the conclusion that there were likely two goods left earlier (Cap Six + Leoben)? I remember that was what Dex was pushing

He's not Six, so it leaves one. I figured out a long time ago who six and Gaias are. I'm honestly shocked more people haven't. He's not six.
I had an idea of who Baltar might be, but then it didn't check out after a certain lynch. So. :shrug:

Would you be willing to start a sentence with "I think" and then say who?
Helllllll no. But I WILL say I think it's non of the people who are known/highly suspected cylons (Wigly, sig). Which leaves only one possibly good role and two cylons. One of them has to be bad. (possibly both is neither one is the last good guy, or if the good guy isn't actually good.) Despite Dex's dying comment, I'm more likely to suspect Wigly on it. But I'm not ready to vote for that, yet. I think Matt and Polo are also highly likely to be cylons. Of the four, though, Sig is probably my vote. Sig voted for Glor the day Glor was saved, but when voted for Wigly the day that Glor was dying? Why? Also voted for Zebra the day that LoRab died, but NeroLunar to save LoRab? The votes seem odd. It feels like a baddie trying to save LoRab in both cases, and then trying to hide in the Glor bandwagon while he was safe before trying to shift attention to Wigly when Glor was no longer safe.

Matt - please run it through again and repost to help with the translation.
Articulate, if you would please, why you think LoRab was not civ-aligned / anti-Cavil. The lore folks suggested she might have been, given the character's rebellion against Cavil on the show.

I actually forgot about that. So I guess that part is up for grabs because we don't know either way. I'd think we can't have THAT many civ cylons without more mafia elsewhere.

Bea - I keep seeing you say you're a nub player. have you not been playing for years?

G-man RE: Glor and Silver and my reaction. Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to when I got punished again. Seriously, dude. :omg:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'm bored enough. Selectively, though, because no way am I ISO'ing 15 players at 1am.

bea

Where I left things:
Day Two [15th vote out of 26, sideline vote, nutella was leading 5-3 vs Long Con]

Disclaimer: It is impossible and agonizing to search ISO for "LA" instead of "nutella". I know it's veterans' preference for nutella's nickname, but it's a fraking pain in the ass come ISO time.

~ claims to pay attention to her suss'ers, but needs more time to decide
~ interacts with nutella by asking her reads and her stance on SVS suspecting her
- comments, I believe, on this point made by SVS being truthful and potentially relevant, but still would prefer to wait
- votes LoRab, calling it a leap of faith; background for going with this option was where? apparently voted by following Black Rock's take on LoRab?

Day Three [20th vote out of 25, 6th vote on Nerolunar, LoRab long claimed and was likely now at "no votes"]

- goes with Nerolunar, in light of LoRab's amnesty claim
- [Day Four] claims Glorfindel is a null for her, just like Nerolunar was on Day Three

I find evidence to be highly unfavorable for bea. The biggest issue I have is that she just admitted to have voted a null read. A second big issue I would have is that she constantly claims to have "done what she could" after both these lynches. And what she did was not much: following BR, apparently, in a vote for LoRab, then, as I've said, adding a vote to a player she had no strong read on. To be honest, even the points I labelled as null can turn slightly bitter, would you evaluate how bad this makes bea look. Nutella reluctance can seem highly compatible with waiting in tension to see which way the Day Two lynch might have gone. Incidentally, found the Cylon Amnesty Law to be "good" -- which was then used up by LoRab to mess up the Day Three lynch.
Day Four (missed vote)

- reads Glorfindel null, mentioning it's similar to reading Nerolunar null (later, rebuttal on contributing to Nero mislynch)

Day Five [15th vote of 18, 2nd vote on sig, not major wagon]

- questions Polo's early vote for Glorfindel instead of staying consistent with wanting zebra ideally
- applauds Glorfindel's stance on the claiming pressuring; reinforces idea that Glor's posts are influencing a positive look
- concludes not being sold on Glor, compared to Polo and G-Man

Day Six [20th vote of 20, 7th vote on Glorfindel, first wagon]

- inactive, asks Silverwolf to clarify if her suss on Glor is based on not claiming and not rebutting in a satisfactory way
- votes Glorfindel, because she sees it as fulfilling the task of having pressured Glorfindel into claiming and being checked for cylonitis
- [post-non-lynch] reads Glor good Cylon

Day Seven [missed vote]

- questions Obscure on why she read Glorfindel bad
- questions Dex on why he reads Wilgy good and Glorfindel bad
- asks Glorfindel who to lynch instead of him
- quasi-sympathetic rebuttals in an apparent exchange with Glorfindel (1), (2)

Once again, I will admit and clarify that, after Day Three, there was a circumstance (can't retrace the post) in which I believed bea to have hinted at being a type of role. More exaclty, I believed her to have hinted at being one of the original Final Five characters - except that, unless such a character would also get revealed as an F5 in this game, that character/role would otherwise not be a Cylon and remain within human race ranks, right?

But since this is besides any regular perception of her game, her ISO still comes back rather spotty.

Her dynamic in reading Glorindel fluctuates wildly, in ways that could almost be interpreted negatively: uninterested when Glorfindel wasn't too much of a hot topic yet (Day Four); appealing to Glorfindel's quality writing and stances, when he became a hot topic(Day Five); switching from having nothing to say on him to voting him in a manifest to rally with the rest of his lynchers (Day Six); back to treating Glorfindel as possible good and questioning just about anyone who still pushes for his lynch (Day Seven).

Probably my greatest ping, right now, has to do, ironically, with two stances on voting a Cylon who claimed that show up to be quite different.

This is her rebuttal on why she voted Nerolunar, on a Day when LoRab had claimed, Day Three. According to her, she rallied with the rest NOT to pile on LoRab, but to create a clear second wagon, whose lynch would confirm LoRab's immunity.
At the time I voted Neuro I was at work and skimming the thread. As I understood what was going down, we were trying to split the vote between lorab and someone the thread suspected so that we could confirm that lorab was cylon. There were lots of votes on lorab neuro was the leading CW. I went with the flow of the town.
Here is her stance on voting Glorfindel, Day Six. According to her, the rally this time should be to precisely pile on the claimee, as to verify his immunity.
I'm confused again. Don't we want glor to be in the lead since he claimed today? So that we know his survival is because he claimed? Wasn't that like the reason some of us were putting pressure on people to claim in the first place?

I feel like I said the same thing last lynch and I think I'm even more confused today as to what people's motivations are.

voting glorbecause I thought that was the point of making him claim and because I'm stuck in linki
So to recap, on the Day a likely good Cylon survived, her focus was to help build a second bonfire (which mis-...wait for it...fired). On the Day a likely bad Cylon survived, her focus was to add to that Cylon's tally. Correlating this with her moodswinging attitude towards Glorfindel, this could easily translate into bussybus for Glorfindel, to look principled.

Or maybe this rather correlates her with sig, who was clear second wagon on Day Six, and yet she didn't apply the same "Nerolunar" lynchlogic to sig as well. ...except she did want to lynch sig... after which (half an hour later): nothing.

I'm planning to look into a few more names to see if they spike above this standard of suspicion, but this to me is not "nub" bea. This is fishy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:Apologies for splitting this up but I want to get this out there before too close to the deadline. I'll post the vote analysis portion after I eat dinner.

Behavioral Observations:

Pre-Day 1 he jumped right in and tried to help with the opening decoding puzzle

-Night 1 he becomes an early adherant of 1) Epi is civ-aligned and 2) Not all Toasters are bad. He asks people for their thoughts about the merits of the checkerboard sortie plan.

Day 2 he suspects Nutella for very silly reasons (the letter N isn't common- um, watch Wheel of Fortune much?)

Day 3 he recommends we use either Glorfindel or bea on the counterwagon to LoRab instead of Nero, who flipped human. Later on, as the Nero train is established, he reverses course and suggests we put Nero in the lead over LoRab, which would nix our ability to confirm her amnesty claim.

Day 4 he thanks Cain for martial law (even though it makes the game harder to win for the civs)

Night 5 he seems pretty firm in thinking that Wilgy is bad and says he'll be suspicious of Wilgy defenders if Wilgy flips as Caprica 6.

Day 6 he still pursues his suspicion of Wilgy and chides those who buy into Wilgy being Caprica 6 or #2. He also questions Dex's and Polo's motives for entertaining the notion that Wilgy is civ-aligned. He also questions the issue of balancing a game with a small baddie team.

Day 7 he was in the brig, I think.
Who the hell is he?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man is talking about DrumBeats.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Aw crapweasels. 'He' is DrumBeats. Sorry about that.

Linki: :ninja: 'd by JJJ
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My vote is likely going to rabbit8. When asked about 3J's interactions with nutella, he immediately speculated about mechanics rather than call out 3J's action itself, which he ended up doing later and then put 3J on both sides of his "Or" statement simultaneously.

His response to what I said missed the point of what I said entirely.

For review:
rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:rabbit8 made the cardinal error of making the mechanics fit his "suspicion." Ricochet asked about how 3J could be bad if nutella is, and rabbit didn't disappoint. The first thing he came up with was two mafia teams.
rabbit8 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I feel the assumption that JJJ might be bad needs to pass the test of explaining how could JJJ have initiated and carried nutella's hunt all the way through on Day Two.
Two mafia factions.
His first way to justify 3J being bad was two mafia actions, but he added this after:
rabbit8 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I feel the assumption that JJJ might be bad needs to pass the test of explaining how could JJJ have initiated and carried nutella's hunt all the way through on Day Two.

Or throw someone under the bus? Is this not done anymore?

I think two mafia teams in this size games makes more sense though.
The fact that rabbit added "Is this not done anymore?" indicates that he is equally, if not more, at home with people throwing teammates under the bus, and that makes me think that, if he were expressing his natural thoughts, he would have mentioned this one first. He didn't. He speculated on the mechanics first, and added this as a second thought. However, he hedged with what he "thinks" makes more sense (i.e. two mafia teams).

Keep in mind that all of this is to solidify a 3J suspicion, and this is key. Follow me:

3J is bad.

How? He went against nutella!

It's simple. There are two mafia teams.

Okay, I follow. That means 3J is genuinely hunting the other team and caught nutella.

Or he threw somebody under the bus.

Okay, I get that. That means 3J is on the same team as nutella, and he ditched her.

But there are totally two teams.

++++

The existence of two mafia teams doesn't condemn 3J any more than it does anybody else. In fact, if anything, it works in 3J's favor, because he's likely not on the second team. But that doesn't matter, because 3J threw nutella under the bus (same team) even though there are, according to rabbit8, two teams!

rabbit8's accusation of 3J is based on two conflicting scenarios, and I don't think he believes either. He's full of shit. :)

Your move.

So now, for this bullshit.

I think JJJ is bad. We started spit balling ideas. I came up with a few scenarios where it would fit and make JJJ look bad when asked how it would make JJJ look bad.
rabbit8 wrote:

Two mafia factions.
Me and rico go back and fourth a bit.

Then I say this:
rabbit8 wrote:

Or throw someone under the bus? Is this not done anymore?

I think two mafia teams in this size games makes more sense though.
There is a reason or is the first word I lead off with in this post. I fucking state in the post I think the idea of two mafia teams makes more sense. More sense then what you ask? More sense then the first sentence in the fucking quote.

Then OA mentions replacements and more spit balling goes on between people.

Ideas where being thrown out by more then just me. I was engaging the thread to get my point across. I think there are two mafia teams.

If not I think JJJ threw nutella under the bus.

Because...... I think he is bad.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Yes oa. I've been playing for years. Time does not = skill.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:Rico - ok. I admit. I've lost why anyone thinks he's suspicious. I didn't think he was bad for refusing to claim. His stance that no one should claim felt more genuine than oa's everyone but me claim. Someone highlight what was bad about him again please cuz I don't see it.

Svs - I got the civ feel from her early in the game and I've seen no reason to change this opinion. I'm confused by what she mentioned by I would have guilted her more by now. But yea. I think she is a civ. I respect her opinion and have agreed with her lots this game.

Sig - zeebs thought he was bad. Wabbit still does. He seems to only pop up when mentioned. I know he's busy and I know he's tricky to read. If someone can make a case for how he is Leboan or six I will listen but he feels like the best bet at Doval or Cavil that I can see.

Sok - trying and reading fairly genuine. I get weird vibes from him at times not sure if that's cuz he's new and I'm just getting to know him or if there is something more.

I believe we are down to two bad cylons. I've been working under the assumption that the lynch of those two will end the game.

I'm in and out today. It's day 1 of comic con. My phone is already at 77 percent.
I have made pokes at you, and questioned things you said more than once, since the Nutella lynch, really. I have said I was suspish of you. You have basically ignored all of it. I think you would have been a bit more :pout: at me for allof that. Either you did not see it (and you seem pretty well informed) or you ignored it. I think civ Bea would be more likely to pout at me & try to guilt me for those feels, and you didn't. I waffled a bit, but this really bothers me, tbh. You say you agree with me lots, but lots of my posts have said I find you suspect.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea, if you're around, and you truly believe rabbit8 is good, then you have the power to stay my wrath. I need more than vague business about how zebra treated you and Wilgy. Can you explain why that made you feel all right?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Rico I know I look thread bad. I get it. But I'm not. I invite you and everyone else to look at Roger rabbit speed mafia and rocky bullwinkle speed mafia. Compare them both. Which do I read more like in this game.

I'm not having a good game. But I'm not mafia and I'm not a cylon. Just a human with cylon sympathies. If I'm lynched and you see my role you'd even be hard pressed to find lore reasons to think I could be bad.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Svs - I remember addressing you early on. Outside of what others have said, and not being pouty enough is there something I've missed? Direct me and I will answer. I've taken the fact that you do have doubts about me as a sign that you were trustworthy. I know that seems weird but it is what it is.

Epi - there was a back and forth just before the Wilgy lynch where she and he both read me as civ and said they agreed with me. Then Wilgy said something along the lines of it being unusual that he and zeebs agree. She said "i know it's a magical game. " or something along the lines of that. Right before the Wilgy lynch I said something clicked for me. That was it. I could be wrong for sure but it felt like bts of the human and cylon kind.

That's it that's what I saw.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Svs - I remember addressing you early on. Outside of what others have said, and not being pouty enough is there something I've missed? Direct me and I will answer. I've taken the fact that you do have doubts about me as a sign that you were trustworthy. I know that seems weird but it is what it is.

Epi - there was a back and forth just before the Wilgy lynch where she and he both read me as civ and said they agreed with me. Then Wilgy said something along the lines of it being unusual that he and zeebs agree. She said "i know it's a magical game. " or something along the lines of that. Right before the Wilgy lynch I said something clicked for me. That was it. I could be wrong for sure but it felt like bts of the human and cylon kind.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What does cylon sympathies mean? Do we still have civvies with an "agenda" to not "sympathise" with the/any Cylons?

I don't have any time left to compare two games, but your "I'm not having a good game" / "I look bad, but I'm not" is pretty standard defense from you anyway.

Won't you comment on why you changed stances on how to deal with a Cylon who already claimed, between LoRab and Glorfindel? Especially since it's the one element to really make me distrust you, right now.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Rico. I still genuinely feel bad about my role in Nero's lynch. My change in stance was because I was trying to learn from my mistakes in that lynch. I would have likely voted glor had my RL I had to go to work early to fire a dude got in the way. Believe what you will, but it's the gods honest truth. I can't explain it any differently than I have.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:Svs - I remember addressing you early on. Outside of what others have said, and not being pouty enough is there something I've missed? Direct me and I will answer. I've taken the fact that you do have doubts about me as a sign that you were trustworthy. I know that seems weird but it is what it is.

I appreciate your answer bea, but it doesn't mitigate my opinion of rabbit.

What do you think of my accusation toward him?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:Svs - I remember addressing you early on. Outside of what others have said, and not being pouty enough is there something I've missed? Direct me and I will answer. I've taken the fact that you do have doubts about me as a sign that you were trustworthy. I know that seems weird but it is what it is.

It is just your whole big picture. Starting with the Nutella lynch. You have made a lot of posts, and done lots of catch up, you just seem to never address the little things, although you are obviously reading the thread. You are playing the OMG I'm busy card more than I like for someone with as many posts as you have.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

bea wrote:Rico. I still genuinely feel bad about my role in Nero's lynch. My change in stance was because I was trying to learn from my mistakes in that lynch. I would have likely voted glor had my RL I had to go to work early to fire a dude got in the way. Believe what you will, but it's the gods honest truth. I can't explain it any differently than I have.
I'm not sure what this references or rather, if it references Day Six, how it checks out, given that:

a) you did vote Glorfidel :confused:
b) you would have, however, wanted to vote sig, mere 30 minutes before voting Glorfindel
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about a2thezebra / rabbit8:
Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If Lorab is bad with BTSC, and she knew she could claim "Sanctuary!"

How does that make you feel about these persons?

Polo (10), a2thezebra (11), Vompatti (12), Ricochet (13), S~V~S (14), DFaraday (15), JaggedJimmyJay (16)
I feel fine with Zebs, and Jimmy. I think Polo, Ricochet and S-V-S are alright. Jury is still out on DFaraday and Vompatti.
Positive assessment on Day 3.
Glorfindel wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:@Zebs: May I please enquire about why you think our friend Sig is so suspicious? I'm just concerned that in my limited experience on this site, I can't recall a game in which the three of us played where you two weren't going at each other. I know he's said he's suspicious of you and I think he's wrong. Whilst I respect your opinion, it feels to me that you may have read him wrongly too.
Yeah you're probably right. The reason I always suspect him is that I was wrong about him for at least two games because I suspected him and he was town, and then in the next game I played with him I didn't suspect him at all and he was mafia. So because of this I just always strongly suspect him just in case.
:haha: Yes, I've been there too, my friend. I genuinely think I can tell the difference now though...
Idle banter about sig on Day 5.
3J asked me for a list of my suspects and I'm happy to try but I might need to do it by installment over this Day phase so for those of you who may be interested, I hope you can bear with me :nicenod:

Firstly, I'd like to list the people that I consider my Town leans:
SilverWolf
JaggedJimmyJay
Sig
Epignosis
S-V-S
a2thezebra
Marmot
Ricochet
Matt
G-Man
SokothQultuq
Sustained positivity into Day 6.
Glorfindel wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:He's a cylon so if he claims our number two (should be Wigly) dies and if he doesn't claim then Glor dies. Either way we have a mafia.
You're wrong on both counts. Neither Wilgy nor Glorfindel will be a successful lynch regardless of whether or not either or both of them claim.

We will get nothing if we lynch either of them. Nothing. Except the game might be over faster.
My dearest Zebs :hug: Amongst all the players here, no one makes me laugh like you do. No one makes me want to stand up and cheer like you do. It's comforting for me to know that someone in this game ACTUALLY gets what is going on here.

You were wrong though with what you said before about Sig. I couldn't be more convinced that he is Town. I spoke to you about that. You hold an opposite view. I respect that. You're wrong, but I can still respect your opinion.
Happy cuddles in response to Zebra opposing a Glorf lynch.
Glorfindel wrote:4. On the contrary, the players that voted for Sig bother me a great deal. I'm struggling a little with Rabbit seeing that Zebs whom he replaced (and who had some history with me where we actively read one another accurately) was supportive of me and he (having not played with me before) seems to have taken an alternative view. If I were in his shoes, I think I should be more cautious in abandoning my predecessor's comments and views. Having said that, he appears to be under some pressure himself right now so perhaps I'm a convenient diversion :shrug: As for Drumbeats, I subscribe to Epi's opinions and think there is a strong likelihood that he may be Mafia.

I hope I've answered your questions to your satisfaction my friend. I'm happy to do what I can to clarify things for you or anyone.
He gripes a little bit about rabbit taking a different stance on him to Zebra's and throws a little shade, but there is no definitive accusation. This was Glorf's only real acknowledgement of rabbit after the replacement, apart from a Day 6 GTH read of "good".

I'd call this all team mate-compatible, but not necessarily indicative. I have a feeling this interaction will be more interesting in the other direction.

~~~

Things a2thezebra / rabbit8 said to/about Glorfindel:
a2thezebra wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:From what I (skim) read I feel happy so far about Zebs (I wonder if I've developed some skill in reading her now given our rocky start).
I wouldn't doubt it, in order to read me well you need to get rocky with me at some point.
This is iffy to me. I know a lot of people have "gotten rocky" with Zebra at some point who she still claims have no ability to read her. She deliberately strives for the unreadable meta; that she was so gracious about Glorf's claim to that skill doesn't look as authentic. This was Day 1 after all.

Light green on a third cycle rainbow list

These are so far the only acknowledgements of Glorfindel in her first 184 posts, unless there are others without names specifically included in the posts.
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Theory: if sig is bad, he is trying to fuse himself to Glorfindel.
I subscribe to this theory for the record.
Indirectly defensive of Glorfindel on Day 5, to be fair I said it first.
a2thezebra wrote:Glorfindel is confirmed town.
This nonsense began on Day 5.
a2thezebra wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:So say we all!

Vote: Glorfindel
wtf? I thought you were voting for Wilgy no matter what. :confused:
She was obviously forced, do you really think you can throw shade on her for that vote?
Nope, I wasn't forced. Glorfindel needs to be lynched today for the good of the town. If he claims, then get him tomorrow.
If he's bad, he'll claim. If he's good - and I believe he is - he will be yet another mislynch that we can't afford right now.

I don't believe that you weren't forced. Perhaps you were also forced to not make it obvious or even flat-out deny it, but you were definitely forced.
She literally refused to believe that Silverwolf's quick Glorf vote wasn't a forced vote. This is bizarre.
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:Oh and look it seems like Zebra is once again making stuff up re Silver being forced.
Such a short post yet so much wrong with it.

First of all, not only do we still not know that Silver wasn't forced, there's considerable reason to think otherwise. Her initial post was the obligatory salute followed immediately by an unexplained, out-of-nowhere vote for Glorfindel with zero clarification or comment. Her denial that she was forced shortly thereafter was also bizarrely vague for her, perhaps indicating that she is hinting to anyone willing to consider the possibility that she does not mean what she is saying.

Second, even if Silver's denial that she was forced is in fact true, how does that mean that I'm making stuff up? Wouldn't that simply mean that I was wrong? You expect me to co-operate with you but your anti-town reactionary confidence is showing, typical overcompensation for the captain making it clear that it's not just the fringe folk like me suspecting you. You're not in a position to misrepresent me and expect to get away with it, if you don't step on your tip-toes today then you could find yourself dead by the time this is all over.
She pushes that narrative again, and this time she does so in such a way that she discredits Silverwolf's vote entirely. I don't like it.
a2thezebra wrote:If any mislynch is being set up today, then it's not sig, it's Glorfindel.

Or Glorfindel is in fact bad and the other baddies are trying to turn the tide towards him today so no one will be lynched when he claims Cylon right at the end. After that the baddies can sit back, watch town make just a few more mistakes, and the game is lost for us.

It's one of those two.

linki - No Epi, I seriously could not. I mean physically could not. It's mathematically impossible.
I hate this post. First of all, she acts like it's the end of the world if Glorfindel is lynched no matter what his alignment. Second of all, she seems to project the end result of Day 6 before anyone should have known it -- that Glorf winning the tally after claiming would result in no lynch at all instead of the second place winner being lynched. Sirengif.
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If you wanted to get cute, put GlorFIENDel in first place and sig in second, or something like that.
If you are not afraid that GlorFIENDel will claim Cylon at the last minute and dodge the lynch, could you elaborate on why?
Pointless question.
a2thezebra wrote:Glorfindel's not bothered that I'm still strongly suspecting sig...

...after I admitted to him that he was probably right, and that I'm most likely misreading him based on a blatantly illogical assumption. :ponder:
Still Day 6. The ponder seems to imply that on some level Zebra is rethinking her stance on Glorfindel, but nothing is clearly stated and we're left to ponder.
a2thezebra wrote:That being said, the push for Glorfindel's lynch today is utterly absurd, regardless of whether those pushing for his lynch actually want to lynch him or simply pressure him until he claims. Here's the thing...he won't claim, and if he does it will be too late to lynch someone else. I still believe that Silverwolf was forced since she's acting way, way more irrationally today than she was before.

linki - Yeah I'm cool. Are you cool?

linki - Yeah, what happened to him anyway? Hope everything's alright if he's not just hardcore lurking.
Hysteria bearing no support.
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:He's a cylon so if he claims our number two (should be Wigly) dies and if he doesn't claim then Glor dies. Either way we have a mafia.
You're wrong on both counts. Neither Wilgy nor Glorfindel will be a successful lynch regardless of whether or not either or both of them claim.

We will get nothing if we lynch either of them. Nothing. Except the game might be over faster.
I have no idea what this person is talking about.
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:You...have played with Glorfindel before, right?
No. I don't really care about his meta anyway. I do think he has seemed quite genuine at face value and that's a good thing. He pledged to stop doing this though and if that pledge isn't honored it's a problem. I want suspects, Glorfindel.
Stop doing what? Defending himself?
a2thezebra wrote:And you think it looks bad for him that he seems incapable of following through with that?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I told Glorfindel he was defending himself too much and needed to get some suspects out. Zebra laughed at that assertion.

Transitioning to rabbits posts now...

First substantive post after replacement, calls Glorfindel bad based on his wordy but content-lacking posts.

The guy entered the game while the climate in the thread against Glorfindel was already terrible. If he's bad and teamed with Glorf then he probably feels quite restricted to this stance. Doesn't have to mean it's false though.
rabbit8 wrote:
Golden wrote:A new law has been passed.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.
This act only benefits the bad players. You prolong the game with no lynches and there are on NK's. Even if civs are saving themselves only prolonging the NKs and no new info for the players in the thread. And we can't discuss our win cons.

If the president actually made this rule and it's not from a list of pre-approved rules that player could enact, I have to questions the presidents motives, honestly.

Though, I don't I would vote for you today.
rabbit8 wrote:
Though, I don't doubt I would vote for you today.
Fixed.
He'd stated his suspicion of Glorfindel, and conversed with him in this post about the amnesty act. Rabbit8 said he doubted he'd vote Glorfindel on Day 6 though, for reasons unclear to me.
rabbit8 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:First in response to how this lynch turned out, I'm clueless. Basically the options I can think of are that Glorf is a cylon and Sig is Gaius who was then granted immunity by the immunity act or that Glorf was Gaius.

In response to my vote, it was 100% to break the tie between Sig/Rabbit.

Moving forward, Gaius whoever you are, try to enact that law Matt talked about, it was a good one.
Too bad we don't know if Glorf is a cylon or not now because of someone's save.

That was me. Make sure you give credit were credit is due. I want everyone to remember I save Glof....
Unhelpful WIFOM, and he took credit for a save that didn't even happen. :huh:

Suggests Glorf looks bad emerging from Day 2 nutella lynch

~~~

My suspicion of rabbit has not subsided. Zebra's posts especially are a problem.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:

I appreciate your answer bea, but it doesn't mitigate my opinion of rabbit.

What do you think of my accusation toward him?
Wabbit seems like wabbit. It's hard to catch him bad or good. Little if anything he's said in the thread is allignment inductive in my opinion. You make as good a case as anyone can on him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm voting now. I'm about to eat, and the NBA Finals are after that. Go Cavaliers.

Vote - rabbit8

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

My movie starts in 10 minutes and won't be over till post lynch which means I'm voting now. Sucks as I feel like I should hold on to it for defensive reasons.

I'm not feeling great about making it out of this lynch. I'm sorry I let you down fellow civs.

My biggest town reads are epi, svs Matt inh and gman.
Polo and drumbeat would be next teir.

I could see the potential for bad in anyone else. Like I said I thought a thing about Wilgy and Wabbit when he was zeebs but I also admit it could have been an incorrect read.

Voting sig It's the best I've got. Which admittedly isn't all that great.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

And now for DrumBeats' votes:

Day 1 he votes mid-pack for Rico. Consistent with his Day 1 suspicion of Rico. Day 1 is still too spread out for me to make anything of it.

Day 2 vote comes next to last overall and isn't necessary to seal the deal on her lynch. It is at least consistent with his suspicion of her but I thought his suspicions were soft.

Day 3 is that Nero vote. :disappoint:

Day 4 he is the first to vote overall and votes for the obvious target: LoRab. Eager to attone for his Day 3?

Day 5 he misses the vote. Was he being punished or was it a miss? I can't recall just now.

Day 6 is when he nearly repeats his Day 3 by voting sig.

Day 7 is another miss. He was in the brig.

That's three missing votes out of seven. The remaining votes look suspect in varying degrees and they aren't helped by the absence of other votes that could make him look better.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I predict seven missing votes.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I predict seven missing votes.
Cynic.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to

*Vote Bea*

Her answers were scrambly & vague. The main other person I came into today suspecting, sig, dropped down my list with what I felt was not an answer a baddie would give about how he survived. Not totally off the list, but down it quite some ways.

Most of the game I felt pretty good about Jay, and rereading him made me get that feel back. His recent suspicion of rabbit got my back up somewhat since it seemed somewhat biased by general demeanor, which struck me as possibly opportunistic and not totally Jay, but like I said, reading back reminded me of why I trusted him in the first place.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Voting rabbit8

I encourage this lynch. I believe he is bad.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:Voting rabbit8

Me too. I encourage it, and since I'm in the lead right now I still think Bea, Ricco, Sig and JJJ are bad.,
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I've learned to ignore my gut when it comes to rabbit. I've seen nothing that says he isn't the same bozo guy he usually is
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Voting rabbit8

Me too. I encourage it, and since I'm in the lead right now I still think Bea, Ricco, Sig and JJJ are bad.,
No you aren't you're tied with Bea.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A better offer has come up, so I have to vote and leave now.

If I'm going with my strongest hunch. I'd like the vote data to be more complete but there is so much weirdness to his record that I can't give him a pass.

vote = DrumBeats
My Banners:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

The problem that I'm currently faced with is my complete lack of knowledge of the players and the history of this game. Don't get me wrong, I am reading and forming impressions, but it's hard for me to accurately judge cases based on votes and reactions and events that occurred days ago, especially in a game as idiosyncratic as this one. This makes choosing which case to believe tricky, as my well of objective knowledge is limited to 2 in-game days ago. But, the Admiral wants three names and three sets of reasonings, and that's what he'll get.

In no real order:
1) bea - this case seems to be the one based on the most stone-cold facts, as bea has a pretty sketchy voting record, which she herself would tell you. I don't know if I am getting a baddie vibe simply from her posts, but it's hard to argue with facts

2) SVS ~ anytime anyone posts a case on someone similar to the one Polo posted on SVS, I want to go with it even if there are some leaps made. You say gullible, I say willing to test in order to see what information is revealed. It feels like Polo has some info on her that we all lack, and I kinda want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

3) Sokolth ~ all of his reads that he posted seemed fishy to me, and G-Man's case on him made a fair amount of sense as well.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”