[ENDGAME] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Re: [Day 1] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by G-Man »

Back after the lynch post. G-Man... out!

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 60

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I just was reading your posts and while discussing 3Js peek you said Scotty had some good thinking.

And if you are willing to lynch Scotty, why aren't you trying to? Just making a vote from paranoia? I don't particularly suspect anyone (except maybe you, and that's a possible no u kneejerk, not sure yet) but you say you have a strong suspect. Where's your fervor?

And the baddies have not talked yet, right? This is general, not at you specifically,lol. Maybe.
Burrowing on JJJ is the one thing Scotty has to his credit right now but it's not enough to overcome my seeming auto-trust of JJJ. Heck, baddies often raise very reasonable lines of thought. I tried to do it in BSG. It's early in a heist game. If the baddies can set somebody up early, it's like an extra leg up on the civvies, which would require something dramatic and awesome like what happened in Arrested Development to stop them.

Gotcha. But if he is your biggest suspicion, why you trying to lynch me instead oh him? You did not address that. And really, bai. :lulz:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I like this post and agree with the assessment of Jay's cop claim.
There are some possibilities I don't think Elohcin quite covered which I think you'd understand better than anyone else in this game -- you were the true cop in Arrested Development, and some of your team mates played a big role in keeping you alive late enough into the game to solve it. How did they do that?
What she seemed to be saying as I read it was that there are too many possibilities to be sure of the truth to your peek. Which I agree with. But here is the thing, if your peek was true or false, there would be no tactical advantage for a mafia member to want the person who someone claimed a civ peek on to be lynched. They already know if it is true or false. If it is true, why would they want to confirm you are the cop before killing you? So what I draw from this situation overall is that Elo is likely civ.

I understand you are talking about the lack of peeks to cover for the cop or get information out there, and I understand what happened in the game where I was the cop. But I would think you of all people would have seen how much luck went into that win too. If the people I had green peeked had not stayed alive, I could not have figured it out by PoE. We only had about two or three other cop claims. I would think you would play it wiser knowing that cop claims are rare on this site. If you are asking for a peek from me, sure, here you go I'll say Elo was my N0 green peek. Maybe that's why I am inclined to see her vote as an indication of her civ alignment. Maybe.

Anyway, I am voting Vompatti. Sorry Vomps, I enjoy playing with you but I think a no lynch is a mistake.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't realize the phase is ending in 40 minutes. Crunch time.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

By the way Jay, asking you about why you said something that made no sense to me from a civilian mind set, does not make me bad. I never accused you of being bad, I just did not see the logic in it. Also, I never said you invited a lynch, because I didn't get that from what you said either. So keep on suspecting me if you wish, but you would be barking up the wrong tree. Use your next peek on me if you don't believe it. Or you know, don't, since you aren't a cop. Whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I like this post and agree with the assessment of Jay's cop claim.
There are some possibilities I don't think Elohcin quite covered which I think you'd understand better than anyone else in this game -- you were the true cop in Arrested Development, and some of your team mates played a big role in keeping you alive late enough into the game to solve it. How did they do that?
What she seemed to be saying as I read it was that there are too many possibilities to be sure of the truth to your peek. Which I agree with. But here is the thing, if your peek was true or false, there would be no tactical advantage for a mafia member to want the person who someone claimed a civ peek on to be lynched. They already know if it is true or false. If it is true, why would they want to confirm you are the cop before killing you? So what I draw from this situation overall is that Elo is likely civ.

I understand you are talking about the lack of peeks to cover for the cop or get information out there, and I understand what happened in the game where I was the cop. But I would think you of all people would have seen how much luck went into that win too. If the people I had green peeked had not stayed alive, I could not have figured it out by PoE. We only had about two or three other cop claims. I would think you would play it wiser knowing that cop claims are rare on this site. If you are asking for a peek from me, sure, here you go I'll say Elo was my N0 green peek. Maybe that's why I am inclined to see her vote as an indication of her civ alignment. Maybe.

Anyway, I am voting Vompatti. Sorry Vomps, I enjoy playing with you but I think a no lynch is a mistake.
You make fair points regarding Elohcin that I had not considered. Thanks for your response. It would be peculiar baddie behavior to blatantly ignore my peek, and it could make more sense for that behavior to come from the town mindset of a player who doesn't want to just assume I am telling the truth. It's something to ponder. :ponder:

Regarding my own peeking behavior -- I think I am just a bit more foolhardy in general than you are. I enjoy some degree of risk, and I think there is strategic merit in it. I actually learned this behavior from other players in last year's champs tourney. Two of the real cops claimed on Day 1, and one of them almost slaughtered my Finals baddie team because we didn't buy it. :huh:

I might be willing to broadcast my real cop peeks on Day 1. I might be full of it. Figure it out, baddies. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:By the way Jay, asking you about why you said something that made no sense to me from a civilian mind set, does not make me bad. I never accused you of being bad, I just did not see the logic in it. Also, I never said you invited a lynch, because I didn't get that from what you said either. So keep on suspecting me if you wish, but you would be barking up the wrong tree. Use your next peek on me if you don't believe it. Or you know, don't, since you aren't a cop. Whatever.
I'm content to table my suspicion of you for now. You're not going to be lynched this phase.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I know I broadcast mine Day 1 in your game, but I also knew that one or two others had already claimed civ peeks and I believe another did after me too. So, yeah. I wasn't just jumping in claiming blind in that game. It paid off, and you are right regarding how in theory it would best work. It's just a difficult leap for some of our players to make because of the fact that we have always been so anti-info dump and role claim. They are a cautious bunch. It's a tough transition to make.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104

Post by DrWilgy »

Polo, plz don't make me reexplain my meta meme.

@JJJ, later.

I'm noticing the same things that others are about Vomps. His lust to survive is apparent. Unknown if it's a real spicy burrito or not. Knowing him, it could be as fake as I am on a rainy day. I'm ok with him dying and will change my vote.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I was at 64 posts.

65 is a multiple of 13.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

66 is safe.

You're forcing us to spam, Rico. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well crap I have to make at least one more post in order to not be at 4. So, yeah... lol

Wilgy, that was weird.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Vompatti »

Thanks a lot guys. I hope the terrorists win.

When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ah, nevermind, he was not saying he was changing his vote to Vomps, he was just expressing his approval with the leading candidate over his own option.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am watching a German movie with subtitles so I have to pay attention. Gonna vote Vomps just in case.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Vompatti »

Sametbh
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Its called Labyrinth of Lies.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That should have been green, sorry. And this is spam post 21.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Have you ever dangled a baby in front of a shark to see what would happen? That's what I'm doing. Anyone wanna vote SVS?

This is post 22 of day 1... I think I'm clear.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ricochet »

:feb:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote:Have you ever dangled a baby in front of a shark to see what would happen? That's what I'm doing. Anyone wanna vote SVS?

So much for that...

It seems that baddies are ok with votes on Vonpatti... Or they aren't here and are busy munching on lunchables filled with sourkraut. That is a possibility.
Image Image Image
Ricochet

[POLLS] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Missing: Polo
Ricochet

Re: [Night 1] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Night 1: Toothsome
Anger and frustration took some time to dissipate, especially with the Host taking in everyone's indignation with complete emotionlessness and even Mrs. Julie occupying herself further with setting up the VR devices. Tiredness then took over, as everyone plopped back on their chairs. Surprisingly enough, not one among them decided to head out the door - probably for the best, since it would have been additionally distressing to find it unlockable for the time being. No, they each slowly started contemplating, with hollow looks, the uneasiness of this whole event.

We can't really do this', we can't', Quin then kept grumbling.
'You can't do this', Sig assented, throwing the Host constant venomous looks.
'This is all nothing but a puny, twisted mind game fantasy of yours', Jay most critically asserted. 'You can't truly expect any part of this method to work.'
'I'm a scientist with a strong belief in trial and error', the Host solemnly declared, 'and hopefully your trials will turn more valuable than your errors.'
'Sitting in here for hours, among people wanting, waiting to hurt us... it's just inconcievable', SVS tried to reason with him once more.
'Actually, we'll be doing one trial per day', the Host noted. 'This does require, after all, emotional and cognitive balance. We can't have you overburden your intellect and spirit now', he added with slight cheekiness.
'This man is crazy, can we please go?!', Epignosis vocally pleaded his wife, but she did not consent.
'But what makes you so sure we'll ever return here, once we leave today?' G-Man pointed out.
'Your contractual obligations, for one', the Host responded.

With sinking disbelief, some within the group scanned the bottom of the forms they were holding in their hands for those crucial few paragraphs and, more importantly, their own scribbling consent. The ink, unfortunately, had dried up even from when they were still in the lobby on floor twelve and a half. 'Motherf-'

'Well I'm not going to do it!' Quin declared.
'Do what?... Oh, me neither!' Wilgy followed.
'No voy a hacerlo', dijo Insertar Nombre Aquí.
'IT is the 22nd book published by Stephen King. It was his 19th novel, and the 14th written under his own name', Vompatti had also spoken.

Given this, the mood started to slightly chance, as several more commonsensical people disagreed with this line of action. Remember Jay, the young man from earlier who tried to suggest that no talk is no good talk? Yeah, he was among them.

'We might as well get on with it now', Scotty dauntingly suggested.
'Let's line up some suspects', Jay suggested.
'How 'bout we start with the lady that showed up last', the person with a rabbit print on his T-shirt jumped in, further reasoning, 'The serge she replaced couldn't have had any malicious interest, since he left, but how do we know we can trust her?'
'You are reading too much into my arrival. We would have easily been fifteen, if everyone would have stayed', SVS shrugged it off.
'I don't know about you all', INH took the initiative, 'but I'm looking at the wolf trying to lead the sheep', he said pointing at Jay himself.
'What for?' Jay reacted with stupefaction. 'I'll have you know I'm as reliable as it can get. And so is Sig over there, by the way. He works down at the warehouse of the same company I'm at.'
'Are you serious?' INH objected. 'I've never seen you acknowledge each other or chat one bit back upstairs.'
'Sounds like you've just admitted being part of the same team, mistah', Wilgy joshed. 'A bad team, for that matter.'
'On the contrary, I'm simply vouching for his background. As well as mine. I'm a security officer at that company', Jay explained.
'Oh yeah, where's your badge then?' INH pressed him.
'You should know better than to expect me to show up with credentials outside work', Jay rebuted.
'Well, then, it could be all a cover-up', Wilgy continued to argue. 'Words thrown around. Here, I can do the same', and he looked across the room. 'That man... Imma say, Harry?... yeah, he's all right.'
'OK, I'm confused by everyone talking right now', Elohcin started complaining.
'What about your husband, ma'am?' Jay turned his attention towards the two of them. 'He hasn't been collegial a while ago. He should be willing to open up about himself, just like the rest of us.'
'No need to', Epignosis blocked the suggestion, 'but you all should get on with it.'
'Com'on, pause that attitude and join the group', Jay kept arguing with him.
'No.'
'We all have to contri-', Jay insisted.
'No, leave me alone, damn it', Epignosis kept breaking him off.
'We all have to contribute here-'
'DID I STUTTER?' Epignosis burst out loud.

Things couldn't have gotten more tense at this point, the writer prosaically recorded. Everyone was staring at the two rivals, until Jay seemed to back down with a sad grin. Shortly, the motions and the fingerpoints picked up again.

'Let's test the person who arrived after we all did!', the T-shirt guy kept pedalling.
'Let's hear it from the silent ones, they may have nothing to actually share with us', Scotty brought it up.
'Let's do something about the naysayers or else we won't be reaching any consensus', Jay reminded everyone.
'Let's not bother with this, since any choice we'd make is random and so is life', Vompatti suddenly interjected.

Vompatti it was then, pinned to his chair by the others and forced to put on the VR helmet. In a short amount of time, they were all hooked up to the device. The machine then projected a scene focusing on Vompatti's projections. The next image was that of two feet in a tub, soap and water dripping off them. A hand, holding the soap bar, was rubbing the rest of the body in a sensual manner.

What the...
Holy cow, where are we?!
What's going on?!
  • who's there q.m.

Wait...
  • Hello?

We're seeing what...
  • I can hear you k

Oh, no, we're inside his head?
Eww!
What is he doing?
Augh, can't unsee!
  • please get out of my head k

You stop rubbing your thighs and get out of the bathtub!
  • k

I can't believe this...
This is so gross...
  • now what

I don't know, get us out of here. Maybe if you go out of the bathroom...
  • it's locked k

Where's the key?
  • there is none

What else is in the bathroom?
  • There's only a toothbrush and toothpaste, near the sink.

Why would we end up in your bathroom?
  • Idk probably because I have an issue with this k

You're afraid of toothbrushes?
  • no i'm afraid of my teeth falling k

Well then, brush them.
  • that's not really a good idea, the flouride inside it will harm the teeth

That's nonsensical.
  • it's actually quite scientific k

Look, just brush your teeth, to see that nothing bad will happen, and then we can move on.
  • k but I'm not going to end well

Waste of time, I tell ya...
  • I'm brushing them now k

Yes, go on now.
  • still brushing them

Honestly, of all the ideas that Ric-
Wait, what's happening?
  • brushnn brsuhnn

One of his teeth fell in the sink
Jesus Christ!
Hey!
  • brushshhh brsuhh

Hey, stop!
  • aii dun feeel errreee uuud

They keep falling!
  • ii fffnnk aaaiii fffeeefh aaarr fffaaaleeeennn daauwwwn keeeey

Make it stop!

The stream cut off and they all returned to the Red Room, quickly throwing their helmets off their heads and gasping for air, some composing themselves not to chunder. The horror only intensified as they looked at Vompatti, but he was still sitting motionless, helmet on, hanging with his head down. Next to his scattered teeth laid abandoned the bloodied plucking instrument itself.

Vompatti, an odontopiptophobe*, has been lynched.
He was
Patient 1, vanilla civilian.
It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send me any PM actions.
*fear of teeth falling
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Poop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Poop.
You would say that.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
You would say that.
Why did you wait to "push" an S~V~S lynch until it was pretty much impossible?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
You would say that.
Why did you wait to "push" an S~V~S lynch until it was pretty much impossible?
When did I push an svs lynch? I don't want svs lynched.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Have you ever dangled a baby in front of a shark to see what would happen? That's what I'm doing. Anyone wanna vote SVS?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Inquiry to if anyone wants to lynch svs is different than lynching svs. Never did I say I wanted svs and that people should lynch her.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Inquiry to if anyone wants to lynch svs is different than lynching svs. Never did I say I wanted svs and that people should lynch her.
What was your intent?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

What was your intent?
Provide an option for those who didn't want to vote Vompatti. As an American I believe in freedom, and I will share that freedom. Yo.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Provide an option for those who didn't want to vote Vompatti. As an American I believe in freedom, and I will share that freedom. Yo.
Did you want to lynch Vompatti?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Provide an option for those who didn't want to vote Vompatti. As an American I believe in freedom, and I will share that freedom. Yo.
Did you want to lynch Vompatti?
No, I'd have preferred to lynch you or Sig. Was I ok with Vompatti's death though? Yes! It was exhilarating.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:No, I'd have preferred to lynch you or Sig. Was I ok with Vompatti's death though? Yes! It was exhilarating.
Your post history reveals some degree of faith in S~V~S. You said this about Vompatti:
DrWilgy wrote:I'm noticing the same things that others are about Vomps. His lust to survive is apparent. Unknown if it's a real spicy burrito or not. Knowing him, it could be as fake as I am on a rainy day. I'm ok with him dying and will change my vote.
Why did you elect to generate an S~V~S counterwagon to Vompatti?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

What was your intent?
Provide an option for those who didn't want to vote Vompatti. As an American I believe in freedom, and I will share that freedom. Yo.
If you don't want SVS lynched, then why name her of all players?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:No, I'd have preferred to lynch you or Sig. Was I ok with Vompatti's death though? Yes! It was exhilarating.
Your post history reveals some degree of faith in S~V~S. You said this about Vompatti:
DrWilgy wrote:I'm noticing the same things that others are about Vomps. His lust to survive is apparent. Unknown if it's a real spicy burrito or not. Knowing him, it could be as fake as I am on a rainy day. I'm ok with him dying and will change my vote.
@Eloh as well. To give the option. Nothing more. I didn't think that it would've been the choice vote anyways.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

What was your intent?
If you don't want SVS lynched, then why name her of all players?
My guess would be because I had votes and was most lynchable because of it.

Sorry Vomps :(
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

Sucks.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

Some odd shit going on here. What the fuck to this last page?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
@Eloh as well. To give the option. Nothing more. I didn't think that it would've been the choice vote anyways.
I don't mean to harp on it. But if you could just be a little more specific as to why you brought up SVS in particular, that'd be great.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

Boo hiss! RIP Vompatti. Getting the mystery of you out of the way early feels wrong.

Does anyone have to vote totals and order? I lost the poll results when I refreshed for the lynch post. :fist:

1.01.N
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 147

Re: [Day 0] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:@JJJ - If you truly are the cop, why would you come right out and tell everyone. Aren't you afraid the Mafia will choose to kill you Night 1? Do you have some kind of immunity from being killed Night 1? Or immunity for all night kills?
Why do you want me to broadcast these things?
I don't really. Shhhhh, don't tell Quin. Quin keeps harping on me b/c I won't address you. So I addressed you. You don't have to answer :P But at least he can get off my back and go do something else. Like find some baddies.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Polo is the standard issue bottom-tier content guy that's in every game. In my experience, that's not a strong indicator that someone is bad. He could be, but I have no clue. Vompatti has at least shown evidence that he cares about receiving votes (which I wouldn't anticipate from him in his town body), and he also contributed to the awful no lynch wagon.
I agree with this 100%. Like I said before. It's almost like Vomps actually cares this game. And if we are going to have a chance at getting a baddie, I agree that we need to vote together to overcome "no lynch" voters.

As for the cop issue, it has gone from "I cannot trust anyone enough to believe anyone" to "I have no idea what you guys are talking about."

@ G-man - my initial sus of sig was weak. You are correct about that. But! It was that weak sus that ultimately led me to feeling like I can trust him. You see....putting out a weak sus of someone and asking for a reaction can help you make a decision about that person. Some people just throw out names and say, "I DON"T TRUST RICO" or "RICOS BAD!!!" and then they wait for a reaction. I think that is stupid (no offense to those who do it). I think giving a suspicion, whether weak or strong, gives you a better assessment.

Day 1 #17
I don't like how you're trying to portray me, Please stop.

I said there was one single post that you didn't address and that was of interest. When someone comes out and says that someone is definitely town as a result of a cop check, and you still put a vote on them, am I not supposed to question you for completely ignoring the testimony?

Anyway, rant over. I'll post some stuff I've been thinking about in a minute.

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote:Been fighting with the numbers this afternoon. I have plenty more work to do, so I had to speed-read the post histories instead of a thorough ISO for everyone. I'll go more in-depth tomorrow during night phase should I survive the lynch poll.

Here's one sentence about everyone left on my list:

INH:
I think it makes sense for someone who utilizes crazy gambits to sniff out another (JJJ).

JJJ:
Wordy McSupatown does feel a bit forced at times but I don't know that I've played against baddie JJJ before, though I have felt suspicious of him in other games when he was civ.

Polo:
After seeing super-intense Polo in a game or two, I can't see him reverting to Lazy Rotten Deborah mode, as that would be too noticeable.

Quin:
He took his time getting into any meaty discussion, leaving most of his posts as light responses and fluff.

rabbit8:
I liked his line of thought on S~V~S and nothing he has done since has devalued my impression that his S~V~S pressure would be too loud for a D1 setup but I can't rule out the possibility of a bus attempt.

Scotty:
Despite applying good pressure to JJJ on his Arrested Development reference, Scotty seemed a little high-strung at times early on and I don't think it's because I was reading fast.

sig:
He wasn't afraid to mix it up with a few people, question, and prod, all of which are admirable even though he is a tricksy Hobbit.

Spacedaisy:
Her posts add up to a fair amount of words but little meat.

S~V~S:
Auto-sus is engaged and I'm not sure I like her response to rabbit's prodding because it seems too congenial.

Vompatti:
Everything Vompatti says should be taken with a grain of salt unless it shouldn't.

linki: Let me review my thoughts on the three ISO's and then I'll give you an answer.

Could you elaborate with examples? I really, really disagree here.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Eloh, SVS was the only other player with afew votes on her.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Okay, I'm caught up.

I'll address the few people who believe that 3J is the actual cop as opposed to just having a n0 check. He claims to have had a random n0 cop check, which you may or may not believe, but he's made no mention of any continued use of that ability, leading me to think it was just a one-time use (unless I've missed something of course, in which case you should tell me). It's entirely possible that he is actually the cop and the two are separate, but even so I don't see anything I could call a claim unless I'm missing something in his ISO.

I think there are definitely baddies amongst the Vomp voters. Here's what reasoning I perceived from people's votes:

spacedaisy: No lynching is a bad idea - I disagree with the notion, but even so, she voted just for the sake of lynching somebody. To me it doesn't appear as though it mattered who.

SVS: Self-preservation - Totally okay with it.

Scotty: Disliked his reasoning for voting no lynch - I agree with his reasoning here considering he never said why.
Agreed with 3J's case - meh.

3J: Thinks Vompatti was more personally invested in the game than usual - It's a...very grey area for me to interpret but it wouldn't be enough to convince me to vote there.

elohcin: Thinks Vompatti wasn't acting normally - I have pretty much the same opinion as I do for 3J.

rabbit8: No reasoning whatsoever in his ISO. It's just there. His comment about the no lynchers makes me think he has the same mindset as spacedaisy, so my thought process is the same.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I'll address the few people who believe that 3J is the actual cop as opposed to just having a n0 check. He claims to have had a random n0 cop check, which you may or may not believe, but he's made no mention of any continued use of that ability, leading me to think it was just a one-time use (unless I've missed something of course, in which case you should tell me). It's entirely possible that he is actually the cop and the two are separate, but even so I don't see anything I could call a claim unless I'm missing something in his ISO.
When exactly would I have used this ability?
Quin wrote:3J: Thinks Vompatti was more personally invested in the game than usual - It's a...very grey area for me to interpret but it wouldn't be enough to convince me to vote there.
It was a weak case.

There has never been a strong case against Vompatti. It isn't possible. When there's anything at all to say against him, that's more meaningful to me than it would be for anyone else. It sucks that the lynch didn't work out, but I'm honestly glad that we can move on from that problem straightaway. I am quite sure the baddies would have preferred to save him for later. There could be a baddie or baddies on his wagon though; I'll have to see how I feel when I've the time to investigate more thoroughly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In case y'all weren't aware, the post count numbers rule applies to night phases too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I'll address the few people who believe that 3J is the actual cop as opposed to just having a n0 check. He claims to have had a random n0 cop check, which you may or may not believe, but he's made no mention of any continued use of that ability, leading me to think it was just a one-time use (unless I've missed something of course, in which case you should tell me). It's entirely possible that he is actually the cop and the two are separate, but even so I don't see anything I could call a claim unless I'm missing something in his ISO.
When exactly would I have used this ability?

What do you mean? I'm confused.
Quin wrote:3J: Thinks Vompatti was more personally invested in the game than usual - It's a...very grey area for me to interpret but it wouldn't be enough to convince me to vote there.
It was a weak case.

There has never been a strong case against Vompatti. It isn't possible. When there's anything at all to say against him, that's more meaningful to me than it would be for anyone else. It sucks that the lynch didn't work out, but I'm honestly glad that we can move on from that problem straightaway. I am quite sure the baddies would have preferred to save him for later. There could be a baddie or baddies on his wagon though; I'll have to see how I feel when I've the time to investigate more thoroughly.

I can understand this. It doesn't feel like a Vompatti lynch is ever going to be incredibly informed as far as content goes, so at the very least now we won't be worried about him later.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In case y'all weren't aware, the post count numbers rule applies to night phases too.
I was, but I keep forgetting to keep my post count going. :grin:

ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:What do you mean? I'm confused.
I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were asserting that I haven't mentioned using my "ability" at other points as if I should have if I'm telling the truth -- this seemed like a weird assertion on Night 1.

But you were talking about the nature of my role, not whether I should or should not be using it a certain number of times.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”