33%

Total votes: 6
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 184

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Day 2

Post by Epignosis »

Class, I have another assignment for you:

If I had taken votes instead of Scotty, do you believe MM would have moved his vote elsewhere?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 820
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Class, I have another assignment for you:

If I had taken votes instead of Scotty, do you believe MM would have moved his vote elsewhere?
He seemed to be on board with your specific criticism of Scotty, which is understandable since he was a player in it. I'd have been surprised if he stayed on you in the event a bandwagon rose up. He ought to answer for himself though.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:I see three straight on Quin. In one or two sentences, please explain your reasoning. You may use links to support your response. Make sure to put your name and date on your paper. No cheating.
The long version is here.

But In compiling that post I did start to feel better about Quin, as his case against me yesterday was more consistent than I originally thought it to be. He still does not have me believing he's town, and I am too tempted at the possibility that I was right about Scotty and Quin being partners to look away right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by reywaS »

I is here
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

reywaS wrote:I is here
Hey there. I dunno if you've tried to catch up. If you don't want to though, I'd still like to know what you think of just the last couple pages.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by G-Man »

DrWilgy has replaced S~V~S.

If you wish to cast a vote for DrWilgy during Day 2, you may vote for S~V~S.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 142

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Day 0

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:You've given us very little so far other than to criticize the play of someone you have declared a town read for.

If you think my methods are unhelpful, then take a look in the freaking mirror dude. This is useless.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:insertnamehere -- T^M -- While his approach to this game so far has frustrated me, it has largely mirrored what was seen in Battlestar Galactica and Triskaidekaphobia when he was town. Reminder to self: look into his play in The Office when he was bad for potential differences.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My initial take on INH has been town, but I grant it's weak meta crap. "Criticize everything JJJ does while contributing nothing else" sounds like an easy meta to maintain either way.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It appears INH's shtick functions cross-alignment.

The following quote is from Psych Mafia, in which INH was bad, not this game:
insertnamehere wrote:So, it looks like the Day 1 crazies have set in, and I think that everyone's more than a little bit coo-coo right now. There seem to be weird suspicions directed from sig at Elo, Lorab, and SVS/Soneji that are based on what looks like literally nothing except minute Day 1 interactions and "Why are you defending him? Your defense is weird! You two must be teammates!" All of it seems incoherent, and none of it jives with me logically or emotionally.
So his refusal to take Day 1 accusations seriously (from me or from anyone else) is not a reason to read him as town. Good then, I won't. :meany:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The guy spends half his posts complaining about how I play, and then he places his trust in a different guy who plays a lot like me. :goofp:
Jeez. Looks like I struck a nerve. After shit-talking me, declaring me town, shit-talking me some more, digging up a post from Psych Mafia where I disagreed with a few Day 1 suspicions, and waving it around as an excuse to finally declare me scum and vote my direction, I have to ask JJJ if the roles were reversed if he'd find his own super defensive mud-slinging reaction to me casting some doubt on his reasoning suspicious.

I think I know what the answer would be.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:It just appears to me like you have absolutely no desire to consider or acknowledge other approaches to the game, and just wish everyone would play your way, which... I'm not going to, because having come to see the benefits of the way I'm doing things I prefer it.
I think, at this point, that there's 6 or 7 people who all think the exact same way about the other 5 or 6 people.

Everybody's convinced that their way is right, and people who don't bend to their will are suspicious.

Don't think for a second that I'm excluding myself in this.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:Image
I've always wanted to be universally hated.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Day 0

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Jeez. Looks like I struck a nerve. After shit-talking me, declaring me town, shit-talking me some more, digging up a post from Psych Mafia where I disagreed with a few Day 1 suspicions, and waving it around as an excuse to finally declare me scum and vote my direction, I have to ask JJJ if the roles were reversed if he'd find his own super defensive mud-slinging reaction to me casting some doubt on his reasoning suspicious.

I think I know what the answer would be.
Townies are more inconsistent that baddies. :)

You must suspect me given the language you've employed here. Otherwise the post is useless. So: place your vote.

Also, if you're going to ask me a question, you should directly address me. Playing to an audience with the third-person is scummy. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Please talk to me about this, INH:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:insertnamehere and Scotty interaction:
insertnamehere wrote:I side more with Epi and Rico than JJJ and Scotty, although I do agree with No True Scotsman that Sloonei has been pushing Quin a wee bit too hard for my liking.
insertnamehere wrote:I'm going to throw my vote onto the Scotty bonfire. Him and Sloonei are probably my two most suspicious people at this point, and I'm willing to give Sloonei a chance to earn my trust here. Plus I really don't like the Leetic bandwagon, so helping to derail that is a nice bonus.
I've already talked about the second post. The first post is questionable in that he generates two arbitrary pairs: Epignosis/Ricochet and Scotty/JJJ. Epi and Rico haven't operated with a great deal of overlap to my memory, in terms of what they've decided to talk about in this thread. Scotty and I weren't really on the same side of any particular argument either other than leetic. INH did feel it was specifically necessary to say something nice about Scotty though alongside the shade, which featured a gripe about Sloonei.

So this means he agreed with Scotty on a negative point about Sloonei. This is significant because in the second post, he sided with Sloonei against Scotty. That might be a red flag.

~~~
Scotty wrote:INH is probable.
Scotty wrote:Oh shit I forgot boom, INH, leetic, and SVS.

Man, I really want to vote one of them just because I don't remember wha they've done this game. But I said I wouldn't be looking at low posters and no-shows specifically. ITS SO HARD THO because that's inherently suspicious.
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Can someone else comment on my interaction with Sloonei? Am I missing something here? I'm getting the heebeejeebies right now
I'm not sure what you'd be missing. You both seem to suspect Quin, which I don't really agree or disagree with. He's had less significant a presence in this game than usual which I suppose isn't ideal. I'm not sure why Sloonei associated you two as team mates, so he could talk about that. Hey! Sloonei!
My suspicion runs the same line as, say, INh or leetic. I don't remember what they said. I know they said something but to me, it's insubstantial.

I dunno, I think I still prefer voting for low-posters. This new day 1 strategy is not easy to navigate with Any sense of confidence.
The third post here might be telling. Scotty sought to expand upon his "suspicion" of Quin, and he likened it to his "suspicion" of INH and leetic. He lumped the three of them together into a sort of "forgettable" pile. This makes me think there's a team mate in the Quin, INH, leetic set but probably not two. I think I actually lean INH more than Quin on this one. I'd welcome other people's input.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Night 1

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've decided I still don't like INH's vote. The reason he provided just looks like B/S regardless of the circumstances.
insertnamehere wrote:I'm going to throw my vote onto the Scotty bonfire. Him and Sloonei are probably my two most suspicious people at this point, and I'm willing to give Sloonei a chance to earn my trust here. Plus I really don't like the Leetic bandwagon, so helping to derail that is a nice bonus.
It came at a moment which definitely increased the chance of Scotty being offed, but it was probably evident at that point that the only counterwagon with any chance of changing that was leetic (a case he had already discarded well before). It was the only vote on the table for him.
So, me voting for a baddie instead of someone who I didn't find suspicious is pathetic baddie scrambling?

Whatever floats your boat, man.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've decided I still don't like INH's vote. The reason he provided just looks like B/S regardless of the circumstances.
It came at a moment which definitely increased the chance of Scotty being offed, but it was probably evident at that point that the only counterwagon with any chance of changing that was leetic (a case he had already discarded well before). It was the only vote on the table for him.
So, me voting for a baddie instead of someone who I didn't find suspicious is pathetic baddie scrambling?

Whatever floats your boat, man.
That's not what I said at all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Please talk to me about this, INH:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:insertnamehere and Scotty interaction:
insertnamehere wrote:I side more with Epi and Rico than JJJ and Scotty, although I do agree with No True Scotsman that Sloonei has been pushing Quin a wee bit too hard for my liking.
I've already talked about the second post. The first post is questionable in that he generates two arbitrary pairs: Epignosis/Ricochet and Scotty/JJJ. Epi and Rico haven't operated with a great deal of overlap to my memory, in terms of what they've decided to talk about in this thread. Scotty and I weren't really on the same side of any particular argument either other than leetic. INH did feel it was specifically necessary to say something nice about Scotty though alongside the shade, which featured a gripe about Sloonei.

So this means he agreed with Scotty on a negative point about Sloonei. This is significant because in the second post, he sided with Sloonei against Scotty. That might be a red flag.
When I was skimming the thread lightly before posting, I noticed a bit of a divide between your logic and Rico/Epi's logic. I included Scotty with you, because as you say yourself:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The guy spends half his posts complaining about how I play, and then he places his trust in [Scotty] who plays a lot like me. :goofp:
As for your second point against me, I'll quote you again.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Townies are more inconsistent that baddies. :)
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:When I was skimming the thread lightly before posting, I noticed a bit of a divide between your logic and Rico/Epi's logic. I included Scotty with you, because as you say yourself:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The guy spends half his posts complaining about how I play, and then he places his trust in [Scotty] who plays a lot like me. :goofp:
Nope. It's Sloonei who plays a lot like me, not Scotty. Scotty and I have very little in common as Mafia players, and indeed we debate logic in most games. You voted in confidence alongside Sloonei, who had used a REACTIONARY TACTIC to generate his suspicion of Scotty. You don't like those. Why did you like Sloonei's?
insertnamehere wrote:As for your second point against me, I'll quote you again.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Townies are more inconsistent that baddies. :)
Inconsistency alone isn't a problem. Your decision was more than "inconsistent" though, it was contradictory. There's no visible progression in your posts to project or explain why you chose to side with Sloonei instead of Scotty. So please talk about that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by G-Man »

I am in need of another replacement player. If you know of anyone who might be willing to step in, please let me know so we can fill another vacancy. :daisy:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:I am in need of another replacement player. If you know of anyone who might be willing to step in, please let me know so we can fill another vacancy. :daisy:
I might know a guy on PWYW. I'll let you know.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We have no regular Internet for the next few days. I can read and vote, but large posts or extensive exchanges aren't going to happen during that time.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:When I was skimming the thread lightly before posting, I noticed a bit of a divide between your logic and Rico/Epi's logic. I included Scotty with you, because as you say yourself:
Nope. It's Sloonei who plays a lot like me, not Scotty. Scotty and I have very little in common as Mafia players, and indeed we debate logic in most games. You voted in confidence alongside Sloonei, who had used a REACTIONARY TACTIC to generate his suspicion of Scotty. You don't like those. Why did you like Sloonei's?
If you are so different than Scotty, explain your earlier post.

When I made my post, the lynch was between Scotty and Leetic. Leetic, I viewed as the subject of a bandwagon. Now I view him as the subject of a counter-wagon. Sometimes I decide to vote with a person who I find suspicious, assuming this person did, in fact, make a cogent case against someone.

Really, my vote against Scotty had 3 motivations behind it, one of which being that I slightly leaned towards the scum side on him. (I'm sorry I didn't announce that in big red lettering but I think posting "I THOUGHT THIS PERSON WAS GOOD BUT NOW I SEE THE REASONING BEHIND THE SUSPICION DIRECTED TOWARDS THEM" is pointless.) The other two being that I thought Leetic's suspicion was baloney, and I wanted to test Sloonei.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Inconsistency alone isn't a problem. Your decision was more than "inconsistent" though, it was contradictory. There's no visible progression in your posts to project or explain why you chose to side with Sloonei instead of Scotty. So please talk about that.
Once again, I'm sorry I don't update my READ-O-METER on the hour with every single new thing I glean from the thread.

We can't all post 20 times a day, Jay. (Hey, rhyming!)
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

When I made my post, the lynch was between Scotty and Leetic. Leetic, I viewed as the subject of a bandwagon. Now I view him as the subject of a counter-wagon. Sometimes I decide to vote with a person who I find suspicious, assuming this person did, in fact, make a cogent case against someone.

Really, my vote against Scotty had 3 motivations behind it, one of which being that I slightly leaned towards the scum side on him. (I'm sorry I didn't announce that in big red lettering but I think posting "I THOUGHT THIS PERSON WAS GOOD BUT NOW I SEE THE REASONING BEHIND THE SUSPICION DIRECTED TOWARDS THEM" is pointless.) The other two being that I thought Leetic's suspicion was baloney, and I wanted to test Sloonei.
I think the point he is trying to make, and which I'd also like to see you respond to, is that you spent so much of Day 1 criticizing him for the way he played, but then supported my case (or tested me) when I employed a very similar strategy to the one you were criticizing Jay for. You never criticized me for the way I handled Scotty. You supported me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:If you are so different than Scotty, explain your earlier post.
My earlier post was a reference to Sloonei. You're the one who edited the quote to include a "[Scotty]".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei is right. Answer him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DrWilgy »

We rise...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hello Doctor Wilgy, MD.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:We have no regular Internet for the next few days. I can read and vote, but large posts or extensive exchanges aren't going to happen during that time.
Scratch that. I am a wizard and solved the minor electrical issue myself. :)

I can commence to a-fightin' and a-arguin' now.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I think the point he is trying to make, and which I'd also like to see you respond to, is that you spent so much of Day 1 criticizing him for the way he played, but then supported my case (or tested me) when I employed a very similar strategy to the one you were criticizing Jay for. You never criticized me for the way I handled Scotty. You supported me.
Day 1 had two lynch candidates: Leetic and Scotty. There was also me, but the case against me is stupid. :meany:

Leetic popped into the thread, made a weird comment, then popped out of existence. The case against Scotty was based on reaction-based funny business, but it felt more substantial than the one against Leetic. So, I went with Scotty.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Can I just say that I find it kinda hilarious how 3J, Sloonei, and Rico attempted to lead a counter-lynch by trying to lynch me instead of Scotty, and yet they've managed to shift all suspicion onto me once again? I mean, come on. Don't either of you guys have anything else to do but try and find logical loopholes where I come out of Day 1 more suspicious than you three?

I'd bet my bottom dollar that there's a baddie in that trio.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Can I just say that I find it kinda hilarious how 3J, Sloonei, and Rico attempted to lead a counter-lynch by trying to lynch me instead of Scotty, and yet they've managed to shift all suspicion onto me once again? I mean, come on. Don't either of you guys have anything else to do but try and find logical loopholes where I come out of Day 1 more suspicious than you three?

I think you're 0 for 3 on that bet.

I'll consider your defenses. Do you have any other suspicions to discuss?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:We rise...
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I mean, just look at this shit.
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay (11), Sloonei (12), Ricochet (14)
21%

leetic
Scotty MAFIA (4), Boomslang DEAD CIV (6)
14%

MovingPictures07
Beck (2)
7%

Ricochet
DrWilgy DEAD CIV (3)
7%

Scotty MAFIA
Golden (7), Epignosis (8), leetic (9), insertnamehere (10), Metalmarsh89 (13)
36%

Sloonei
Quin (5)
7%
We start out with Scotty being the first one to vote for Leetic, presumably hoping to start a trend. He manages to convince Boomslang, rest his soul, but people aren't buying it. As Scotty gets more and more votes, the mafia obviously have to start sweating. What happened after I cast the 4th vote for Scotty, putting him two votes ahead of Leetic? 3J, Sloonei, and Rico pounce on my post, and now the lynch is tied at 4-3-2, putting Scotty a single vote away from tying things up.

I think it's naive to assume all the other baddies decided to just cannibalize Scotty.

I think it's naive to assume that the baddies wouldn't pounce on a last second lynch candidate who could possibly beat Scotty.

I think it's naive to think that there isn't a single baddie in my voters.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

The only two other lving people who didn't vote for Scotty are Beck who voted MP as some sort of weird grudge joke thing, and Quin.

My vote for today will either go to 3J, Rico, or Quin.

Excluding Sloonei for how he went after Scotty.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DrWilgy »

A song with a minor key

Sounds too sad for me,

But a song that is in the major

May just turn me into a rager.

#dontletthemkillmeagain
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:Can I just say that I find it kinda hilarious how 3J, Sloonei, and Rico attempted to lead a counter-lynch by trying to lynch me instead of Scotty, and yet they've managed to shift all suspicion onto me once again? I mean, come on. Don't either of you guys have anything else to do but try and find logical loopholes where I come out of Day 1 more suspicious than you three?

I think you're wrong, but it is an interesting point.

If you're right, rico is my bet.

I think Quin is the way to go.

I really like your stuff today, I won't be voting for you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'd say its quin

And one of beck/MP/SVS

I don't think it's naive to think there are no baddies on the inh wagon. There were only two baddies not named scotty. Scotty didn't jump on the inh wagon, scotty came back civ initially, I think there was no intent to endeavour to save him.

I think Quin voted sloonei because it was very intentional for quin to then push sloonei after scotty came back town.

I think this game really is the easy mode it appears to be.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 190

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:I'd say its quin

And one of beck/MP/SVS

I don't think it's naive to think there are no baddies on the inh wagon. There were only two baddies not named scotty. Scotty didn't jump on the inh wagon, scotty came back civ initially, I think there was no intent to endeavour to save him.

I think Quin voted sloonei because it was very intentional for quin to then push sloonei after scotty came back town.

I think this game really is the easy mode it appears to be.
In what scenario would a baddie immediately push hard against a civ knowing that Scotty's real flip would be revealed shortly after? I don't believe for a moment that the baddies were unaware of what was going on. Do you?

-

I'm sorry I didn't get everything I wanted out there yesterday, I was just feeling incredibly stressed out (which I'm sure people will itch to claim is alignment indicative - which it's not) and I had to step back. That said, I'm feeling a lot more motivated now so I'll continue with what I planned to do.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That's funny, I thought I was voting and pushing for Quin today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:We start out with Scotty being the first one to vote for Leetic, presumably hoping to start a trend. He manages to convince Boomslang, rest his soul, but people aren't buying it. As Scotty gets more and more votes, the mafia obviously have to start sweating. What happened after I cast the 4th vote for Scotty, putting him two votes ahead of Leetic? 3J, Sloonei, and Rico pounce on my post, and now the lynch is tied at 4-3-2, putting Scotty a single vote away from tying things up.

I think it's naive to assume all the other baddies decided to just cannibalize Scotty.

I think it's naive to assume that the baddies wouldn't pounce on a last second lynch candidate who could possibly beat Scotty.

I think it's naive to think that there isn't a single baddie in my voters.
I don't blame you for considering this scenario. I considered it myself at least briefly regarding Sloonei. The reason I have decided I don't care about it is that it developed so late in the phase that it was never truly likely to result in your lynch. It was a hail mary, and Scotty's team mates would have to be incredibly sloppy to even try that under the circumstances. I wouldn't call either Sloonei or Ricochet the sloppy types.

I know I switched from leetic to you because I was genuinely inspired to do so at EOD, and I get the impression Sloonei was in the same boat. I'm less clear on Rico's vote, so that's something he could talk about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Day 1

Post by Golden »

Just want to remind people how sloonei caught scotty, and why I think this says quin is bad. Also, I kind of think MP is the third teammate.

I particularly like the quote where quin suggests there might be a case against him 'if you lynched scotty and he came back bad'.
Scotty wrote:Quin? I have no read on Quin. But fine, if I must. GTH: Bad. :shrug2:
Sloonei wrote:Scotty and Quin are scum partners.
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why did you put a gun to your own head and scum read Quin?
Cuz I had no read of him, and figured I should.
so you arbitrarily put a scum read on him?
Sloonei wrote:Come on Scotty, let's vote for Quin together.
Scotty wrote:Meh, ok. vote Quin
Scotty wrote:
Woah, I TOTALLY missed this.

Wtf?
Scotty wrote:Can someone else comment on my interaction with Sloonei? Am I missing something here? I'm getting the heebeejeebies right now
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote: Basically. I put those reads in as I thought of them, and after the fact realized I forgot about 4 more peeps. I can't really remember Quin's content this game, hence the scum read.

What's your beef with him?
My beef is the same as yours.
Medium rare?

Meh, ok. vote Quin
Why?
Same as you.
I mean you seemed to trust me enough there to follow along in a vote that you've got no substantial reason to believe in, despite claiming to believe in it. You've also got no substantial reason to trust me, just a minute ago you were complaining that I haven't been active enough, and now I'm here and I'm throwing this bullshit in your face, so why are you listening to me?
Sloonei wrote:The truth is I felt like your post of reads was one of those "substance for the sake of substance" posts, and your read on Quin came off to me as very forced and completely meaningless. So I decided to throw an accusation out there and goad you into acting on your "suspicion" of Quin, which you've done even though you have no reason to distrust Quin or trust me. How bogus is this?
Scotty wrote:Sloonei, if you could vote anywhere else, where would it be? Since you have such little reason to be voting for Quin (I assume) as I do.
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Beck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Beck, I hereby accuse you of using (trying to use) a fake random vote as a means of comfortably getting your feet into the scary cold water that is this game. I've done it before. What say you?
I say nay!

I voted for MP7 for one post in particular -- would be curios to see if you see what I see.

But let's say I did vote for MP7 to ease myself into the game, what does that make me?

(There's a right answer and a wrong answer, Jimmy.)
I'm looking at all of his four posts pretty intently, but I'm not seeing anything at all. The very most I can come up with is his 'I'll post more strategies later' thing and I'm pretty sure that's a political joke.
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone else: I don't expect you to read our text walls. Once we've had our chat and I am satisfied with whatever conclusion I come to I'll summarize it.
My suspicion of you has grown, sir. Why wouldn't you expect people to read what you've posted and form their own opinions and instead rely on your summary?
I agree with this. But at the same time, what JJJ said about 'being satisfied with the conclusion' makes me feel good. It tells me he's not just trying to shake off the attention.
I didn't really like these two posts from Quin, for the record. In the top one he makes sure to keep his distance from actually accusing MP of anything, but leaves the door open a crack, and in the second one he manages to take both sides of a case against Jay in consecutive sentences.
Scotty wrote:What made you pick me and Quin as teammates out of all my reads?
I'm not liking this conscious effort to manipulate me, Sloonster. I'm sorry you don't like my reads. It's something new I'm trying.
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think I like Scotty's attempt to get reads, even when he is uncertain of how to go about it. He's trying to expand his Day 1 repertoire and it appears mostly genuine to me. I also don't get the wrong vibes from Sloonei's interrogation tactic. He observed a specific thing (Scotty's read of Quin) that he found interested, and then harnessed that into a an exchange that stands a chance of producing a more complete read.
:shrug2:
Sloonei came in saying he read Quin as bad "same as me" but then quoted examples after the fact, as if he stole cookies from the cookie jar and then replaced them with some pieces of cardboard he found in the garage so no one would know he ate the cookies preemptively.

What is your opinion of Quin, JJJ?
I do not get this analogy. Also you never said a word about why you might suspect Quin, just that you did. Why should it be a mark against me that I am able to substantiate this read we supposedly share?
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:By answering with "same as you" you are affirming that I am reading him bad because 'I can't remember what he said'. But then you come in backing it up after the fact, like you had a reason initially, you just lied about it.
It's Like me saying now that I'm suspicious of Quin because he killed my cat...I just chose not to mention that in my initial read.
Oh, yeah I was just trying to see if you'd vote for him without any given reason.
Quin wrote:1. I didn't accuse MP of being suspicious because I don't think he's suspicious. There was no crack, either. Not sure where you're looking :meany:

2. Fair enough.

linki: My reason for the voting is right there. You're basing your vote on me off of Scotty, not me. That's bad.
Sloonei wrote:I do not understand how that would make me bad if it was true.
Quin wrote:More specifically, you are using Scotty's actions as a means to vote for me, without any insight as to whether what Scotty is doing is civvie or baddie behaviour. Had he been lynched and flipped bad, you might have a reason to look at him as inspiration to vote me, but as it is, he has not, and therefore you are bad.
Golden wrote:I could see either Epi or Scotty as bad, but probably not together.

I think an Epi/Rico team is still well possible.
I think a Scotty/Quin team is also well possible.

That's me for now.
Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:I could see either Epi or Scotty as bad, but probably not together.

That's me for now.
I don't think you think either of the latter two at all.
I really have difficulty seeing why we wouldn't lynch Quin today. That he is scotty's teammate is written all over everything. It's part of WHY we caught scotty. Quin spent time, even before the lynch, setting sloonei up to be today's lynch after scotty flipped town. It's Quin all the way.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll allow Quin to continue doing what he wants to do before I condemn him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Just want to remind people how sloonei caught scotty, and why I think this says quin is bad. Also, I kind of think MP is the third teammate.

I particularly like the quote where quin suggests there might be a case against him 'if you lynched scotty and he came back bad'.
Scotty wrote:Quin? I have no read on Quin. But fine, if I must. GTH: Bad. :shrug2:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why did you put a gun to your own head and scum read Quin?
Cuz I had no read of him, and figured I should.
so you arbitrarily put a scum read on him?
Sloonei wrote:Come on Scotty, let's vote for Quin together.
Scotty wrote:Meh, ok. vote Quin
Scotty wrote:
Woah, I TOTALLY missed this.

Wtf?
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote: Basically. I put those reads in as I thought of them, and after the fact realized I forgot about 4 more peeps. I can't really remember Quin's content this game, hence the scum read.

What's your beef with him?
My beef is the same as yours.
Medium rare?

Meh, ok. vote Quin
Why?
Same as you.
I mean you seemed to trust me enough there to follow along in a vote that you've got no substantial reason to believe in, despite claiming to believe in it. You've also got no substantial reason to trust me, just a minute ago you were complaining that I haven't been active enough, and now I'm here and I'm throwing this bullshit in your face, so why are you listening to me?
Sloonei wrote:The truth is I felt like your post of reads was one of those "substance for the sake of substance" posts, and your read on Quin came off to me as very forced and completely meaningless. So I decided to throw an accusation out there and goad you into acting on your "suspicion" of Quin, which you've done even though you have no reason to distrust Quin or trust me. How bogus is this?
Scotty wrote:Sloonei, if you could vote anywhere else, where would it be? Since you have such little reason to be voting for Quin (I assume) as I do.
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Beck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Beck, I hereby accuse you of using (trying to use) a fake random vote as a means of comfortably getting your feet into the scary cold water that is this game. I've done it before. What say you?
I say nay!

I voted for MP7 for one post in particular -- would be curios to see if you see what I see.

But let's say I did vote for MP7 to ease myself into the game, what does that make me?

(There's a right answer and a wrong answer, Jimmy.)
I'm looking at all of his four posts pretty intently, but I'm not seeing anything at all. The very most I can come up with is his 'I'll post more strategies later' thing and I'm pretty sure that's a political joke.
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone else: I don't expect you to read our text walls. Once we've had our chat and I am satisfied with whatever conclusion I come to I'll summarize it.
My suspicion of you has grown, sir. Why wouldn't you expect people to read what you've posted and form their own opinions and instead rely on your summary?
I agree with this. But at the same time, what JJJ said about 'being satisfied with the conclusion' makes me feel good. It tells me he's not just trying to shake off the attention.
I didn't really like these two posts from Quin, for the record. In the top one he makes sure to keep his distance from actually accusing MP of anything, but leaves the door open a crack, and in the second one he manages to take both sides of a case against Jay in consecutive sentences.
Scotty wrote:What made you pick me and Quin as teammates out of all my reads?
I'm not liking this conscious effort to manipulate me, Sloonster. I'm sorry you don't like my reads. It's something new I'm trying.
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think I like Scotty's attempt to get reads, even when he is uncertain of how to go about it. He's trying to expand his Day 1 repertoire and it appears mostly genuine to me. I also don't get the wrong vibes from Sloonei's interrogation tactic. He observed a specific thing (Scotty's read of Quin) that he found interested, and then harnessed that into a an exchange that stands a chance of producing a more complete read.
:shrug2:
Sloonei came in saying he read Quin as bad "same as me" but then quoted examples after the fact, as if he stole cookies from the cookie jar and then replaced them with some pieces of cardboard he found in the garage so no one would know he ate the cookies preemptively.

What is your opinion of Quin, JJJ?
I do not get this analogy. Also you never said a word about why you might suspect Quin, just that you did. Why should it be a mark against me that I am able to substantiate this read we supposedly share?
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:By answering with "same as you" you are affirming that I am reading him bad because 'I can't remember what he said'. But then you come in backing it up after the fact, like you had a reason initially, you just lied about it.
It's Like me saying now that I'm suspicious of Quin because he killed my cat...I just chose not to mention that in my initial read.
Oh, yeah I was just trying to see if you'd vote for him without any given reason.
Quin wrote:1. I didn't accuse MP of being suspicious because I don't think he's suspicious. There was no crack, either. Not sure where you're looking :meany:

2. Fair enough.

linki: My reason for the voting is right there. You're basing your vote on me off of Scotty, not me. That's bad.
Sloonei wrote:I do not understand how that would make me bad if it was true.
Quin wrote:More specifically, you are using Scotty's actions as a means to vote for me, without any insight as to whether what Scotty is doing is civvie or baddie behaviour. Had he been lynched and flipped bad, you might have a reason to look at him as inspiration to vote me, but as it is, he has not, and therefore you are bad.

That's me for now.
Quin wrote:

That's me for now.
I don't think you think either of the latter two at all.
I really have difficulty seeing why we wouldn't lynch Quin today. That he is scotty's teammate is written all over everything. It's part of WHY we caught scotty. Quin spent time, even before the lynch, setting sloonei up to be today's lynch after scotty flipped town. It's Quin all the way.
scottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscotty

what about quin?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:In what scenario would a baddie immediately push hard against a civ knowing that Scotty's real flip would be revealed shortly after? I don't believe for a moment that the baddies were unaware of what was going on. Do you?
Yes, I absolutely do. I think the baddies expected Scotty to continue to have a townie appearance after death. I don't think the baddies anticipated scotty's later flip to being bad.

I think perhaps a town ability is like a 1-shot 'true alignment revealer', that you target a dead republican and if they are truly democrat it changes, or something along those lines.

But, in the event I'm wrong, your behaviour works just fine as someone trying to appear as though they believe scotty's town flip.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:scottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscotty

what about quin?
Scotty's posts are more indicative to me that you're a team mate candidate than your posts are. Tough luck, but it's the game. Golden is also right that it isn't difficult to find evidence that you were lining up Sloonei for bad times today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:scottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscottyscotty

what about quin?
Scotty's posts are more indicative to me that you're a team mate candidate than your posts are. Tough luck, but it's the game. Golden is also right that it isn't difficult to find evidence that you were lining up Sloonei for bad times today.
Indeed - and you'd expect someone to ignore the content of my posts and just make out like it was all about scotty.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote:I am in need of another replacement player. If you know of anyone who might be willing to step in, please let me know so we can fill another vacancy. :daisy:
I'm for hire. :shifty:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's rather ironic the way the alignment reveal change has impacted the game, if I am correct in my perspective at least. A seemer is one of the strongest roles a scum team can have in my opinion, but when that seemer ability is canceled halfway into the same night phase it totally flips in town's favor -- certain reactions are bound to happen which can only come from a town mindset before the truth is revealed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'll also say that if Quin was actually town, I think he would have found the way Scotty was handling him suspicious, and I think Quin would have been digging into scotty as well.

I don't think a natural reaction from town!quin to scotty having a lame reason for voting for you, is to attack sloonei for suspecting scotty. I think a more natural reaction is to agree about scotty, but say that sloonei is wrong about the teammate bit and that you think scotty might be setting you up to look that way.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:I'll also say that if Quin was actually town, I think he would have found the way Scotty was handling him suspicious, and I think Quin would have been digging into scotty as well.

I don't think a natural reaction from town!quin to scotty having a lame reason for voting for you, is to attack sloonei for suspecting scotty. I think a more natural reaction is to agree about scotty, but say that sloonei is wrong about the teammate bit and that you think scotty might be setting you up to look that way.
You've played with me once, Golden. I don't think you're in the best position to evaluate what town quin would do in these situations.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

At this point Quin, I'm not certain how far defending yourself can realistically take you. Whether you end up lynched or not, the best thing for the town faction would be for you to focus purely on hunting for baddies and leaving us with a legacy. If it's good enough shit, the votes might evaporate anyway. I say this mostly because it's what I'd most like to see; I've already seen the defenses and I can conjure them before they are shown to me. Give me the suspects.

The choice is yours obviously.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin, I am much more accurate at successfully nailing town and scum perspectives when I don't know people at all.

I've said it once, I'll say it again - meta is well overused. Unless your name is Vompatti, your motivations are relatively readable. The town mindset I just described is 'solve the game'. Your mindset seems much more like it was 'protect a teammate'.

(But really, I only played with you once before this? Feels like much more!)
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:At this point Quin, I'm not certain how far defending yourself can realistically take you. Whether you end up lynched or not, the best thing for the town faction would be for you to focus purely on hunting for baddies and leaving us with a legacy. If it's good enough shit, the votes might evaporate anyway. I say this mostly because it's what I'd most like to see; I've already seen the defenses and I can conjure them before they are shown to me. Give me the suspects.

The choice is yours obviously.
I'm writing up bigger posts as I 'defend' myself. If you can call 'defending' having perfectly reasonable arguments demolished by 'Oh, I don't think so'.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”