GY!BE Mafia [E.N.D.]

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Re: [Day 6] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:Well well well. I have a new EP. It's entitled 3J Bought to Die.
Ricochet wrote:Image
??? Casketjack The person who reported on social media to be in possession of the ALFOTHAD cassette, still alive after vanishing from the site. He actually got angered at the unreasonable requests from social media fans about distributing, leaking or sharing the content of ALFOTHAD. As such, he also does not want any player to know of Alfothad's (the player) identity.

Casketjack is listed as civilian, but
begins as independent and knows Alfothad’s identity; Alfothad does not know the identity of Casketjack, but will search for him every night, in order to recruit him and gain BTSC. From that point, they can win as the last team standing. If Alfothad is lynched after recruitment occurs, Casketjack can replace him as the serial killer and keep their share win con active. Casketjack's vote for Alfothad in a lynch poll will be worth 0. If Alfothad unknowingly targets an unrecruited Casketjack with a nightkill, the action will fail, but only the first time it occurs.

If Alfothad never finds Casketjack and dies before doing so, Casketjack then reverts to a vanilla civilian. Casketjack's role description will be exposed if Motherfucker = Redeemer checks him, upon recruitment or if he is lynched or if Alfothad dies.
That description sounds like Casketjack could have been recruited, presumably by the Mafia, which would explain one of their secrets.
It sounds like he could be recruited by Alfothad, I don't see any connection between him and the mafia.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Well well well. I have a new EP. It's entitled 3J Bought to Die.
??? Casketjack The person who reported on social media to be in possession of the ALFOTHAD cassette, still alive after vanishing from the site. He actually got angered at the unreasonable requests from social media fans about distributing, leaking or sharing the content of ALFOTHAD. As such, he also does not want any player to know of Alfothad's (the player) identity.

begins as independent and knows Alfothad’s identity; Alfothad does not know the identity of Casketjack, but will search for him every night, in order to recruit him and gain BTSC. From that point, they can win as the last team standing. If Alfothad is lynched after recruitment occurs, Casketjack can replace him as the serial killer and keep their share win con active. Casketjack's vote for Alfothad in a lynch poll will be worth 0. If Alfothad unknowingly targets an unrecruited Casketjack with a nightkill, the action will fail, but only the first time it occurs.

If Alfothad never finds Casketjack and dies before doing so, Casketjack then reverts to a vanilla civilian. Casketjack's role description will be exposed if Motherfucker = Redeemer checks him, upon recruitment or if he is lynched or if Alfothad dies.
That description sounds like Casketjack could have been recruited, presumably by the Mafia, which would explain one of their secrets.
It sounds like he could be recruited by Alfothad, I don't see any connection between him and the mafia.
How could Alfothad unknowingly target an unrecruited Casketjack if Casketjack can't be recruited by somebody else?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:

How could Alfothad unknowingly target an unrecruited Casketjack if Casketjack can't be recruited by somebody else?
I think you're reading into it too much.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Perhaps.

I still like my idea. If Alfothad recruited Casketjack, he wouldn't be targeting him with a kill, would he? There's an ambiguity in the wording of the role, and I think Ricochet likes ambiguities.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

Re: GY!BE Polls

Post by Ricochet »

09 - D5.png
09 - D5.png (47.23 KiB) Viewed 947 times
09 - D5(t).png
09 - D5(t).png (3.09 KiB) Viewed 947 times
GYBE-missif3.png
GYBE-missif3.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A potential recruit also helps balance things out.

Speaking of balance, I want to know what people think of MM surviving the lynch. That needs to be addressed.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:A potential recruit also helps balance things out.

Speaking of balance, I want to know what people think of MM surviving the lynch. That needs to be addressed.
There's nothing public in the roles that mentions why someone would be saved from a lynch, so I think we should narrow it down to those that have secrets attached to them. That's as far as my thinking has taken me.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

More importantly, did we just skip a night phase?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:More importantly, did we just skip a night phase?
Shit, we did.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [Day 5] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:Random question... Epig, you and MM seem to both be pretty much in sync on the Boomslang-was-very-much-a-civ train. Does MM's view of Boomslang matter to you at all? What I mean is, you've suggested iirc that you want to reattack the same lynch targets as yesterday, but I'm wondering if the fact that you both seem to be in sync on this point changes things at all, or if you think it matters not? I'm just not used to seeing people who semi-think alike go after one another, I suppose.

MM, what do you think of Epig? Same question.
MM's opinion of Boomslang doesn't really mean anything to me (most of MM's opinions in general sound loose and superficial to me anyway). As I mentioned, the suspicion I have of him is circumstantial based on the outcome of Day 4, and he couldn't defend against it.
Nope.
To be clear here, I meant, "he couldn't defend against it if he wanted to."
That's how I understood it. :beer:

So um... Let's lynch mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:A potential recruit also helps balance things out.

What do you intend to gather from this discussion?

Also Vote birdwithteeth11.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

We know now that trice had a very good reason to keep insisting that jjj is the SK. Because he is.

Voting JJJ.

I'm not confident enough in who is mafia to let JJJ have another kill.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And as for MM, I feel like it is more likely a civ secret that contributed to that non lynch just based on gut. I'd like to see us move on from eyeing MM, personally.
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

lol
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Ricochet wrote:??? Casketjack The person who reported on social media to be in possession of the ALFOTHAD cassette, still alive after vanishing from the site. He actually got angered at the unreasonable requests from social media fans about distributing, leaking or sharing the content of ALFOTHAD. As such, he also does not want any player to know of Alfothad's (the player) identity.

Let's break this down to try and figure out which direction we should be going in the SK search.

- Trice's role wasn't revealed until his death, which means that the all other instances which would have lead to a role reveal have not yet happened. So essentially, Motherfucker = Redeemer never checked him, Alfothad had not yet recruited him and Alfothad is still alive.

- Trice began the game as an independent, not a civilian. He knows who the SK is. He had two choices - try the lynch the serial killer before he could be checked so as to become a vanilla civilian and potentially win with town, or lure the SK into checking him and becoming Alfothad's partner and remaining independent.

Without having looked into his posts I can't yet say whether he was more likely doing one thing over the other, so I'm going to look into his interactions now.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Trice talked quite a bit with MP on Day 0 and Day 1. If he wanted to be recruited, he'd be more likely to try and engage with that person to maximise the chances of that happening. One thing I notice about MP's game is that he's trying out a PoE strategy for the first time I'm aware of. That's a strategy that I think is highly beneficial to someone who's seeking out a partner among the civilians. However, he did try out PoE in Lost for a time - but he did scrap that in favour of his usual rainbow lists after a little while.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:??? Casketjack The person who reported on social media to be in possession of the ALFOTHAD cassette, still alive after vanishing from the site. He actually got angered at the unreasonable requests from social media fans about distributing, leaking or sharing the content of ALFOTHAD. As such, he also does not want any player to know of Alfothad's (the player) identity.

Let's break this down to try and figure out which direction we should be going in the SK search.

- Trice's role wasn't revealed until his death, which means that the all other instances which would have lead to a role reveal have not yet happened. So essentially, Motherfucker = Redeemer never checked him, Alfothad had not yet recruited him and Alfothad is still alive.

- Trice began the game as an independent, not a civilian. He knows who the SK is. He had two choices - try the lynch the serial killer before he could be checked so as to become a vanilla civilian and potentially win with town, or lure the SK into checking him and becoming Alfothad's partner and remaining independent.

Without having looked into his posts I can't yet say whether he was more likely doing one thing over the other, so I'm going to look into his interactions now.

Scrap that. He had three choices, the third being to just ride it out and take the first option that came to be. And I think it's unlikely that he'd actively try and lynch a teammate therefore removing his fallback win condition.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That's kind of hilarious. And sadistic.

I'm not the serial killer. There's unfortunately no way for me to prove that. All I can do is give you the most logical interpretation of trice's actions I can surmise, and then go into legacy mode.

My best guess is that trice hoped to signal the SK by screaming the loudest about the SK in the thread. He wouldn't blatantly out his own potential teammate for no reason, but it wouldn't hurt him to make someone else look terrible (me). Maybe he really even did suspect I was mafia. In any event his role would seem to imply he wasn't recruited since it was never revealed until now. It's a good preventive lynch.

Note: I'm not going to waste time or effort defending myself unless it pertains directly to my hunting effort. My concern is with finding the scum whether I end up lynched or not. It'd be a bummer to not win the game officially, but I'll still do my part when time permits.

I suggest everyone start considering alternative SK prospects too, even if you think it's me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

We got an indy. I'm good with that.

And things that make me go Hmmmmmm...

Would trice out a potential teammate?

If 3J were the SK, and trice implied knowing that, which implies his role, why wouldn't 3J then recruit him that night (assuming that we'd have had the role description immediately following night, as implied in the role), at least for the sake of having BTSC for a day? Or, would 3J not recruit him because he outed him? Or was it a false outing?

If 3J is the SK, then didn't trice violate the info dumping rule?

What triggered the skipping of night?

When am I going to get some coffee so that I can think more clearly about these questions?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Also, bye MP, hi G Man!!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:That's kind of hilarious. And sadistic.

I'm not the serial killer. There's unfortunately no way for me to prove that. All I can do is give you the most logical interpretation of trice's actions I can surmise, and then go into legacy mode.

My best guess is that trice hoped to signal the SK by screaming the loudest about the SK in the thread. He wouldn't blatantly out his own potential teammate for no reason, but it wouldn't hurt him to make someone else look terrible (me). Maybe he really even did suspect I was mafia. In any event his role would seem to imply he wasn't recruited since it was never revealed until now. It's a good preventive lynch.

Note: I'm not going to waste time or effort defending myself unless it pertains directly to my hunting effort. My concern is with finding the scum whether I end up lynched or not. It'd be a bummer to not win the game officially, but I'll still do my part when time permits.

I suggest everyone start considering alternative SK prospects too, even if you think it's me.
Join the circumstantial suspicion club.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:We got an indy. I'm good with that.

If 3J were the SK, and trice implied knowing that, which implies his role, why wouldn't 3J then recruit him that night (assuming that we'd have had the role description immediately following night, as implied in the role), at least for the sake of having BTSC for a day? Or, would 3J not recruit him because he outed him? Or was it a false outing?

When am I going to get some coffee so that I can think more clearly about these questions?
It's possible that Alfothad doesn't know that trice knew who he was.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

According to casketjack, this is true.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:We got an indy. I'm good with that.

I imagine you're having coffee soon. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 25

Post by G-Man »

Dang. I wasn't told who I was subbing in for beforehand. I thought it would be a low-poster. Nope! I sub in for Sockeface McMotormouth. :faint:

Can anyone give me an objective take on where you all stood on MP? I'd like to know where I'm bellyflopping into this game on the spectrum of super-civ to prime lynch candidate.

I'll pull together what I can from the votes but I have no intention of reading the game thread in full. Heck I may not even have time to read through MP's ISO to gather all of his thoughts.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:According to casketjack, this is true.
SK doesn't know the identity of Casketjack. But we don't know how much of Casketjack's role description the SK knows--it's possible that the SK knows that casketjack knows that identity of the SK from the start of the game, or that the SK could have at least surmised that, or guessed it as a possibility.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I imagine you're having coffee soon. :D
:coffee:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:Dang. I wasn't told who I was subbing in for beforehand. I thought it would be a low-poster. Nope! I sub in for Sockeface McMotormouth. :faint:

Can anyone give me an objective take on where you all stood on MP? I'd like to know where I'm bellyflopping into this game on the spectrum of super-civ to prime lynch candidate.

I'll pull together what I can from the votes but I have no intention of reading the game thread in full. Heck I may not even have time to read through MP's ISO to gather all of his thoughts.
On Day 3, MP posted a rainbow list with Vompatti as a slight scumread. Vompatti was nightkilled Night 1, so many of us are thinking of this as a townslip of sorts.

But since then, we have deducted that Vompatti was most likely mafia and Moya, because the role Moya is the original mafia killing role, but Sleep specifically has performed the nightkills for mafia on Nights 3 & 4. No nightkills were performed Night 2 (presumably because a mass roleblock was put in place), and we appear to have skipped Night 5. That said, I haven't taken the time to update my read on MP at all, still consider him a civilian.

Other notes: trice was lynched yesterday, and he was the secret role (listed as CasketJack). We did not learn this role's information until trice was lynched, so this is as new to you as it is to us.

Each day, it seems as though 2 players have been cursed. I have yet to see anyone's name removed from the lynchpoll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There was too much fresh snow for our hiking trip today (supposedly dumped 40 inches last night), so I'll probably be back around this evening.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:Dang. I wasn't told who I was subbing in for beforehand. I thought it would be a low-poster. Nope! I sub in for Sockeface McMotormouth. :faint:

You're the serial killer. We just found out. :wine:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:

You're the serial killer. We just found out. :wine:
Shhhhhh!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Each day, it seems as though 2 players have been cursed. I have yet to see anyone's name removed from the lynchpoll.
Except for day 4 when there were 3 people cursed. And day 5 when there was 1 person cursed.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm at work and don't have much time, but a quick skim of trice's posts makes it seem like he really started promoting the jjj=sk theory the day that he was in danger of being lynched, and jjj was one of the people voting for him.

I believe he threw the constant SK posts out there to shake jjj off of his vote, to let him know that he was threatening to lynch his own potential teammate. Of course, this couldn't ever work, because how on Earth would jjj credibly say "oh, he thinks I'm the sk, so I'm take my vote off of him"??

I think the entire jjj=sk gambit was trice trying to survive a very tight lynch, and that jjj is indeed the sk.

Once the gambit failed, trice just stuck with it to save his own bacon.

Please read back and double check this, but it seems clear to me that trice was trying to signal his prospective partner to move his vote.
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

G-Man wrote: Sockeface McMotormouth.
I've gotta remember that one :haha:
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice's role provides an obvious opportunity to look for clues in his posts pertaining to the SK's identity, as it appears Quin has already begun. I will look through trice's handling of each living player and determine which one I believe looks like the best candidate. I am looking solely at trice's posts.

Trice and birdwithteeth11:

~ Joined Scotty in throwing a little Day 0/1 shade at BWT for his waffly reads
~ Later he was more forgiving of BWT on the same point
~ He investigated vote change behavior in a few higher-rate posters based upon comments made first by BWT
~ Light and neutral Day 2 chatter with BWT
~ Prodding BWT among others to post on Day 4 to qualify suspicions of silencing
~ Day 4 shortlist for the mafia team includes BWT
~ Some new suspicion of BWT stated on Day 5 / Expanded
~ Eventually moves his vote to BWT at the end of Day 5 for self-preservation and his reads on the people in each wagon

Conclusion -- There's no clear signaling here to incidate BWT is trice's SK. His actual effort to get a read on BWT was pretty limited until the lynch occurred though, and his own participation was rather begrudging despite the suspicions he voiced. It's plausible if not necessarily compelling.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice and Dom:

~ A bit chummy in this half-support of an early beef Dom had with MP.
~ Suggests Dom is playing in an "arrogant" way
~ Tried to sell Dom on his suspicion of Epignosis / becomes a bit argumentative
~ Accuses Epi and Dom both of ignoring replies to their accusations, seems more forgiving of Dom between the two for this
~ Gives Dom a laugh emoji for a supposed misinterpretation
~ Accuses Dom of deliberately misrepresenting him
~ Implicates Dom as a likely baddie via night kill and night target reviews / Again
~ Their dialogue becomes particularly combative by late Day 4
~ Reasserts mafia read on Dom / Again

Conclusion: This general trend continued through Day 5. Trice was actively working against Dom in an aggressive way. It didn't quite amount to actual lynch pressure, but the opportunity also never appeared other than timmer's moments of suspicion against Dom. I think Dom looks like an unlikely SK.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice and Epignosis:

~ He gave Epi flak on Day 1 for perceived low content in his gimmick posting / It became a vote which stuck through the phase. Epi was in some danger of being lynched here.
~ Critism of Epi continues / A little space is given / in Night 1
~ Questions Epi about his suspicion that I was faking my curse
~ Discusses read on Boomslang with Epi
~ Critical of Epi's approach to the game in a way that I think implies some suspicion
~ Same point of criticism mentioned in the Dom review. He was harsher in his treatment of Epi.
~ Their combat inspires a wall of text / Continued
~ Criticism takes on harshest tone yet with the use of the word "idiotic"
~ On Day 4 his read takes an abrupt turn when he suggests one of the people who town read Epi must have alignment checked him

Conclusion: The change in his read at the end is a bit jarring. I don't know if that means much though, because the [non]-revealing of the casketjack role implies there was no recruitment -- implying there'd be no immediate need for him to shift his read. Given all the prior aggression he showed to Epi and especially the part he played in nearly lynching Epi on Day 1, I think Epi looks like an unlikely SK.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice and MovingPictures07 / G-Man:

~ Early idle chatter about POE
~ "MP is posting too much and has a low signal-to-noise ratio"
~ Hasn't decided yet on MP, voiced a little implied suspicion
~ Explains his Epi suspicion to MP
~ Prods MP to discuss his mafia reads
~ A bit snarky when MP isn't pleased about "low signal-to-noise ratio"
~ Discusses MP's early vote changes alongside Sloonei and MM
~ Lists MP as a suspect alongside A Person
~ "You're only maybe top 5 worst suspicions right now and there aren't that many baddies" <<<
~ No clear read on MP on Day 3 / Clarified
~ MP is a confident civilian read on Day 4

Conclusion: Trice's read on MP seems to change with the wind in this game, and sometimes when he stated a read he disqualified it somehow. I indicated the chief example of that above with three carrots <<<. He didn't seem certain about what to do with MP despite a fair amount of interaction. What this lacks is a clear signal, but I do think it's the most SK-compatible review I've done so far.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice and LoRab:

~ Early check-in prod and a "my b" / Again
~ Idle discussion of insanifiers
~ Most of trice's early LoRab commentary is quite like this: she's included in a list among other players for some reason or another
~ Implicates LoRab alongside Dom as a suspect after reviewing the Golden kill and Sloonei silence
~ Didn't realize LoRab was supposed to be cursed
~ Mafia shortlist on Day 4
~ Asserts LoRab's curse is not fake
~ Idle chatter about insanifiers and the non-lynch of Day 4

Conclusion: This doesn't make me feel much of anything. Trice voiced suspicion of LoRab a few times but never really pursued it, which is unique in his ISO compared to people like Dom, Epi, or myself. She's a possible SK technically; I am left uninspired.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

One has to admire that level of dedication.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice and Metalmarsh89

~ Commented about MM changing votes early
~ Little prod among other names
~ Questioned Marmot's baddie reads on timmer and Boomslang
~ Answers MM's call for the "scoop"
~ Begrudging self-preservation vote for Marmot at the end of Day 4
~ Suggests that if either MM or LoRab are faking their curse, MM is the more likely faker
~ Tentative civilian read on MM
~ Suggests he thinks MM might have a lynch protection of some sort because of his BWT vote in the pressured end of Day 4
~ "99% sure the coin toss landed on MM
~ Thinks Marmot was more likely saved by civilian means than baddie means

Conclusion: There may be more I overlooked since there are about 800 nicknames to search for with MM. The most interesting material comes in Days 4 and 5, prior to and after the failed lynch in which these two were tied in the tally. The predicted lynch protection and assumed civilian origins after that protection are what I'd call logical leaps under the circumstances. It should also be noted that trice didn't do much in the way of work on getting a read on Marmot. There's not much development I see until his eventual "tentative civ" read. It'd be an amusing turn of events if that tied Day 4 lynch was between casketjack and the SK, and I do think there's a reasonable case to be made. MM looks SK-compatible to me. On this one especially I'd appreciate feedback because it's difficult to distinguish tinfoil from reason.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice and Sloonei / Quin

~ Neutral answer to a Sloonei prod
~ Verdict is still out on Sloonei on Day 1
~ Discussed Sloonei's early vote changes / Again
~ Observes that Sloonei has not voted on Day 2 as a part of his silencing
~ Judges Sloonei based upon an erroneous statement that Sleep is a town role
~ Throws shade at Wilgy for a single post and adds that Sloonei suspected him prior to being silenced
~ Much of trice's analytic effort at this point was focused on Sloonei being silenced
~ Neutral discussion with Sloonei about his reads on other players
~ Gives Sloonei town credit for being silenced by a baddie role
~ Continued focus on Sloonei's pre-silencing suspicions / Again
~ Confident civilian read on Sloonei on Day 4
~ Provides Quin with a rundown of the action so far

Conclusion: Trice was very positive in his read on Sloonei from the moment he first stated a read, and Sloonei's silence on Day 2 was a focal point of his investigation. This looks to me like a real town read that trice developed on Sloonei which would imply he didn't know Sloonei's role when the game started. I think that's a nice look for Sloonei/Quin and suggestive of an unlikely SK scenario.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll continue that exercise and start looking more into the mafia team later. I'm out for the evening with pals.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 25

Post by G-Man »

Didn't have much time for catching up on the points I specified. Still working through MP's recent suspicions. I can't comment on vote analysis just yet as I have not gone full technicolor on the votes yet. I could only lay the foundations of my spreadsheet at lunch today.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Epignosis wrote:One has to admire that level of dedication.
Yes. One does.
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:One has to admire that level of dedication.
Yes. One does.
Qft

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

get 3j today. get rid ofa kill.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i am going to have an extraordinarily busy weekend. I won't really be around tomrorow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i think mp was civ
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This phase has not moved enough. Last phase was too slow and this one is even worse. Whatever your beliefs about the circumstance in this game right now, the effort level needs to improve. I understand we don't all have all day to play this game, but this is still not good enough. There's barely been 30-40 posts this phase and half of them are mine. There are at least three baddies out there and given the current trajectory of discussion it's not getting any better this phase. Find baddies or lose. Period.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”