73%

Total votes: 15
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

boo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:15 pm Gee, you jerks want to quit saying you have no interest in lynching me? With how uncreative these NKs have been, you're covering me in bright red paint with this stuff.

Or I'm baiting the baddie into targeting me cause you ain't gonna get me anyways?

Or it's the first and also the second?

Or neither?

Anyone else want some wine, drinking all alone is lonely.
Honestly if mafia needs to be reminded to kill you in the night, they are not paying attention. You are the most civ player in this game by a mile. That isn't even a matter of read, you were gunning for DF for like 3 days.

I like wine.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What is mean is, you are the same as nutella. Did your job, led a lynch on mafia, and died like a soldier. Congrats. MKaybe you get to live another night or maybe they save you till lylo, but you are not leaving the same by lynch unless we somehow decide this was some epic act of bussing from your part.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Or Mewtwo.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

I still think G-Man is the remaining baddie. I need to go back and review when exactly he started gunning for me and how that relates to the pressure on DF.

I will probably review DF in full tonight and see if I can find anything.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

DDL voting history makes him seem a little less suspect. Other than myself, Faraday and Gman voted Wilgy last night, so I'd feel pretty good with a Gman lynch.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

If you have to lynch me on Day 8 in order to find the last baddie on Day 9, then that's the cost of victory.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm posting the latest update to these lists:

G-Man's Suss List, Which Was Called Dumb By Sprityo:
Fredwood
Neverwhere
Nutella
Sprityo
Tink
Sprityo's Preferred Lynch List:
Boo
Quin/Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Eloh
G-Man
People Sprityo Omitted From His List:
DFaraday
Dragon D. Luffy
Long Con
MacDougall
DDL is the last player remaining that Sprityo omitted from his lists. If DDL is the final baddie, that was an astoundingly reckless move on Sprityo's part.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Tink is unable to battle. She was Lucario.

It is now Day 8.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Interesting that the last baddie took out Tink. Maybe they think we can talk each other in circles. Or maybe they felt Tink was a legitimate threat in case she popped in and voted like she has.

Do you think this kill was meant to make us think the baddie is one of the less active or more active players? Or could it just be an easy, efficient kill?
My Banners:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 8]

Post by boo »

I think it's just another boring, easy kill. Same as they've always done.

Can be looked at any way to make any of you look bad imo. Wifom-y.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

What's weird to me about that isn't that it was tink, but that that was her role. I was certain she was either mew or mewtwo. Hmm.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I think I have to go ddl. I have never felt good about him, and I was trying to bait the kill to go after him, me, or Tink. If it was me or Tink, my thinking was it'd look bad on him. So... It's an entire gut feeling. I'm not loving it, and I could easily be swayed on switching it, but I just want to get it in, because I expect we might see the last baddie have a card left to play, and I don't want them or mewtwo doing something sneaky that goes unopposed.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Well, I did attempt some helpful posts. It would be more helpful if people could give me some feedback on them. I said pretty much similar to Gman. I like that DDL didn't even acknowledge them either.

I suppose that is just how useless everyone has been viewing me all game lol.

I'm putting my vote on DDL for now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 am Well, I did attempt some helpful posts. It would be more helpful if people could give me some feedback on them. I said pretty much similar to Gman. I like that DDL didn't even acknowledge them either.

I said that the last lynch made you look suspicious. That's it.

I shouldn't have to add a "but she made some helpful posts" every time I do that.

Specially since it's not hard for a baddie to do that. Sprityo and DF have made.a lot of helpful posts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

boo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:33 pm I think I have to go ddl. I have never felt good about him, and I was trying to bait the kill to go after him, me, or Tink. If it was me or Tink, my thinking was it'd look bad on him. So... It's an entire gut feeling. I'm not loving it, and I could easily be swayed on switching it, but I just want to get it in, because I expect we might see the last baddie have a card left to play, and I don't want them or mewtwo doing something sneaky that goes unopposed.
Maybe mafia doesn't follow your advice on who to kill?

I have been on the suspect list of half the players for the whole game. While Tink is being called civ by most people for a long time. I think she is a better choice than me.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 am
Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 am Well, I did attempt some helpful posts. It would be more helpful if people could give me some feedback on them. I said pretty much similar to Gman. I like that DDL didn't even acknowledge them either.

I said that the last lynch made you look suspicious. That's it.

I shouldn't have to add a "but she made some helpful posts" every time I do that.

Specially since it's not hard for a baddie to do that. Sprityo and DF have made.a lot of helpful posts.
Ok, that's not what I was saying, but whatever. I wasn't looking for recognition, because that would be stupid. You accused me before I posted anything. I went back through the posts and commented on sprit and Faradays interactions or mentions of you. Gman did the same actually. Anyway, I feel pretty happy leaving my vote with you.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't need to wait for you to post anything in order to look at the votes and say they make you look bad.

Your posts are a lesser piece of evidence compared to vote analysis.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Hopefully people don't agree with you, cause it would be a bad move for civillians right now.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Also, we're talking about different things. Instead of in any way defending yourself, you're NO U ing. Badsville.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This was the first time DF ever mentioned, interacted with, or acknowledged the existance of Neverwhere.
DFaraday wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:02 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:40 am I want everyone to start thinking ahead of the current day. Let's focus on combinations. If DFaraday is lynched and flips mafia, which player makes the most sense to you as the last baddie? If DFaraday flips indy or civvie, what two players make the most sense as the last two baddies?

Reasons to support your thoughts are preferable.

Voting me is not going to accomplish anything. It won't help the civ cause. If you're looking for the baddies, I'm thinking it's Wilgy and Neverwhere.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 am MOOOOOOOOM, LC broke the siiiiiite.

Gman's notes brought me back to these lists.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:10 pm Boo
Gman
Dizzy
Nutella
Speedchuck
DF

Thats my proposed list. You guys post yours. I propose we make a deadline for it and then everyone sends their votes. Is 3 hours before the end of N0 good enough?
DFaraday wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:40 pm If we're still considering alternatives to Jack's list:

G-Man
Boo
DDL
Dyslexicon

Those are the only ones I'm leaning somewhat civ on so far.
nutella wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:08 pm For what it's worth, here's a list of players I'm considering sending my point to:
Jack
G-Man
Long Con
Speedchuck
Dyslexicon
Timmer
sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:22 pm So I don't get the purpose of putting 6 names down. From what I can read in the OP it's just one person you vote for. But my list is as follows:

Speedchuck - because we're CPI buddies
Dom - because I'm afraid of Dom. Always.
Jack - because I "like" jack as a person
DrWigly - because he's a doctor
LC - because I like LC as a person
Mac - because I haven't seen Mac in forever it feels like
Everyone above, has your list from before changed? how has it changed? has it narrowed down or widened? why?

DDL, DF, Hazelnut, you had all 3 chosen Gman. Why G-man in specific.

Sprityo, in regards to your list specifically, you and Jack were the only ones to list me. Why did you choose me? beyond that of "he's a doctor?" Am I still on that list? Why did you choose Dom and Mac as one only posted today, and the other is still out?

There are more players that I no idea what to think than players who I have thoughts on. I'd say the null and void atm are DF, Dom, Eloh, G-Man, Mac, Neverwhere, Sprit and Tink. From all of you, can you let me know which player you find the most interesting, and why?

And for now...

Adios muchachos.
He calls his view on Neverwhere "null and void" in this post. Later that day:
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:18 pm
Neverwhere wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 pmDr. Wigly pings me off a bit too. He seems helpful, but fishes for a lot of information and asks a lot of questions without giving much of his own opinion sometimes. I think he just reminds me a lot of me when I've been scum.
I like this. Information gain without use is just fluff, even if it brings discussion.

If you want my opinion, feel free to ask me. I'm at a point where I have too many nulls. These nulls make it hard for me to judge the active players.
G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 pm If you all had to choose between the following five people for today's lynch, who would you vote for? Right now, I'm wavering between two of them, possibly a third.

-Fredwood
-Neverwhere
-Nutella
-Sprityo
-Tink
Tink.
Here Wilgy commends Neverwhere for calling out Wilgy's commenting without really contributing. Incidentally, Wilgy doesn't actually address the concern, and in addition Neverwhere herself ends up playing that very way later in that game.

They then later both vote Eloh, but then after the lynch Neverwhere comments:
Neverwhere wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:23 pm Yeah, I'm really sorry guys, I was super excited to sign up for this game and then life got super busy the minute it started. Feeding the little girl and ill drink a cup of coffee to stay awake tonight.

I am 100% town. I think one of my struggles this game is a lot of my scum reads are turning out to be town. Genuinely thought Eloh could flip town. I've only ever really played as mafia. My first game on another site I was mafia, in OMERTA I was mafia. The last game i played here 2 years ago was my first town game but I ended up ending my relationship in the middle of the game and I had to bow out because of that. I think I'm trying to find my feet as civ. It's definitely much harder. Saying all of this could totally draw attention to me, but whatever, its the truth and im going to try harder.

I'd written up some notes on what I thought of players thus far and I'm going to try and go back to revise though.

If it's between Fredwood and me, I'm really not sure. I'm definitely civ and I'm not sure I have a great read on Fred. I genuinely don't know. I'd like to look more at the remaining users that weren't on any of Eloh's lists.
Could have just meant scum, could be a slip.

And then just recently there's this odd little exchange.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:52 pm
Neverwhere wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:23 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:19 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:26 pm It is also possible that DFaraday is either town or Mewtwo and also absorbed the night kill last night.
Is he immortal in your head Quin?
Why poking fun?
A 3rd party that can survive a lynch, that's fine.

A 3rd party that can survive a nk, also fine.

Both? Now I have speculation as to how serious this comment was.
Add to all of the above Wilgy's suspicious behavior on the day of Sprityo's lynch, his continued insistence on voting low posters except when it's convenient not to, and Neverwhere leaning really, really heavily on the newbie card, and I believe those are the baddies.
This was right after he survived the first lynch attempt.

If we are looking for a pattern, he also avoided Sprit like a plague.

Votes neverwhere.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:42 am Also, we're talking about different things. Instead of in any way defending yourself, you're NO U ing. Badsville.
NO U did a "NO U" first. I said the votes made you look bad and you proceeded to vote me.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Most people have ignored me all game. I think it's a combination of not being known here (people have a better read on those who they have played with previously) and the fact I've not been as a high a poster as I have in previous games because I have a lot of commitments atm.

I voted for DFaraday the first lynch. I Was worried about an unkillable indie role situation that Quin mentioned and with the game so close to the end I wanted to look for another mafia member. At that point in the game there was 2 still out there. I was in no way opposed to voting Faraday nor was I avoiding it.

I've genuinely tried to scum hunt, i feel like I'm just getting into the swing of it now.

I really would like us to win this game, seeing as we're so close to the end and there's only one member left. I feel pretty confident in DDL.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You say you were not opposed to lynching DF, but your actions indicate otherwise.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

I voted for Faraday the first time, I was not opposed to a Faraday lynch at all.

Also, if I were mafia this would be really shitty playing on my part. I went back and looked at the posts, I hadn't set out with intent to lynch anyone in particular,I just read the posts and looked at what they said. If I were mafia it would be pretty stupid of me to read your posts accusing me and then go after you so hard. That does nothing but draw attention to myself and make me look guilty.

If I were mafia it would make much more sense for me to post less, be subtle and go for someone other than you especially since no one really commented a whole lot on me after you made the posts accusing me.

It just doesn't make any sense. I am not the mafia.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wilgy still looks good to me. His frustration at us not lynching Dizzy felt sincere.

Gman is hard to read, but that was that evolution slip, which felt honest rather than a master gambit. So he is either a normal type like he implied, or one of the Mews.

I believe our Malamar is either Never, Dizzy or Quin.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:19 am I voted for Faraday the first time, I was not opposed to a Faraday lynch at all.

Also, if I were mafia this would be really shitty playing on my part. I went back and looked at the posts, I hadn't set out with intent to lynch anyone in particular,I just read the posts and looked at what they said. If I were mafia it would be pretty stupid of me to read your posts accusing me and then go after you so hard. That does nothing but draw attention to myself and make me look guilty.

If I were mafia it would make much more sense for me to post less, be subtle and go for someone other than you especially since no one really commented a whole lot on me after you made the posts accusing me.

That is a lot of wifom.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 am
Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:19 am I voted for Faraday the first time, I was not opposed to a Faraday lynch at all.

That is a lot of wifom.
What is wifom?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 am

That is a lot of wifom.
What is wifom?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Basically any argument based on "would I do this if I were bad". Its hard to believe because you could do it just to be able to say that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Everything is wifom. That is why scumhunting is so hard. But someone intentionally using wifom arguments makes me sus.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:49 am
Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 am

That is a lot of wifom.
What is wifom?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Basically any argument based on "would I do this if I were bad". Its hard to believe because you could do it just to be able to say that.
Thanks for explanation :) A lot of the terms have been going over my head, gonna have to do some googling.

Well, I'm really not trying to do that. Lynch me if you must, but it won't be a good outcome for civillians.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Skimming through G-Man's ISO.
G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:36 pmsprityo: Fluffy McFlufferson. You upped your game recently but I still don't trust you. I might like to watch you die.
This was G's call out on Sprit being fluffy.
G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 pm I'm voting Sprityo. Top suss, best bet. Good discussion today, Fred.
I remembered why I had G-Man on my civ list for so long. I agreed with what he had said the day we lynched Sprit. Now as I reread, I see that there was pressure from both DDL and Fred and I believe Tink still had the lead at this time. I can see incentive to bus Sprit when there was only a chance for him to be lynched.

Spoiler for convenience:
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 pm I've gathered the following in chronological order. Some are Sprityo's words and some are my thoughts.
sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:22 pm So I don't get the purpose of putting 6 names down. From what I can read in the OP it's just one person you vote for. But my list is as follows:

He was an early-adopter of the "Boo is twisting words" crew and voted for Boo. Early cred grab or a lazy attempt at a mis-lynch? Not long after, he says Nutella looks better (possibly if we go the Boo v. Nutella route?).
sprityo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:26 pm In my gut i want to say i trust DDL a lot even though looking at his ISO didnt give me a whole lot to go off of outside of his dislike for timmer and a scuffle with jack.

I saw some things about LC and speed being tossed around too. LC mostly, like nutella was against boo on his whole concept, which is correct. but i think why i keep seeing the names together is how he discusses with speedchuck a sort of vote alliance thing for tonight. and.... thats really it? not much else i can go on, he's essentially same level as nutella in terms of what he's doing. only nutella has been more argumentative about it and LC was taking pot shots here and there.

Speedchuck, starts out with some nice pro-towny things. he at least talks about it and not too much (which in retrospect makes him look better than how jack was arguing it) but thats because theres not much. and then he just kinda misses out and asks for a recap, so eh.

and then i wanted to cover jack since i just HAVE to, being he is who he is. we've gotten quite the "friendship". (i also just realized this post is half the people on my list, hmph. interesting) So overall jack actually.... looks good. i mean his disagreement with DDL wasnt a two sided thing, they both have their reasons. i would side with DDL on it based my personal opinion since having all vanilla towns is lame. but jack makes some decent posts in his actual banter, and he also throws down his opinions of people which is more than a lot of players have put out (then again it's day 1 and i can relate that it's hard to get reads sometimes)

I think that should be good, in retrospect, if i was to go into my list of 6, the other three, Dom, Mac, and DrWilgy, well i couldnt do the former two, and will change them if they dont show up tomorrow (the phase), and DrWilgy doesnt have enough for me to judge him im pretty sure. (at least, if im remembering right)
In these next two, he changes his list of folks for evo votes:
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:24 am @DrWilgy, my list has changed. Quite drastically in fact due to 1/3 being dead. I would add DDL to the list since he is a prominent player in my opinion, And I would take off Dom since he has yet to appear. You are hesititantly on there still solely because I need 5-6 players but you haven't done anything spectacular to have me want to keep you there. I'll also add Nutella as a hesitant since she appears to be wanting to do the right thing but I'm not 100% sold on it. I think. This all coming without checking back on information is what I'd have my list at now. I'm keeping mac on the list since he has at least appeared and I'm interested in seeing what he does.

Finally, the original list I made, was for all the reasons I listed. Nothing more nothing less. Hence why you're now a hesitant instead of "lol cause he's a doctor"
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 am So if you wanted an updated list it'd be

LC
DDL
Nutella
Mac
*DrWilgy

He finally starts opining on people. Here he's criticizng my list of five (Fred, Neverwhere, Nutella, Sprityo, Tink):
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:48 pm Question, why is Nutella and fredwood in that list?

Fredwood in general is looking better than you Gman.

I haven't really noticed Nutella much today, but I'm confident almost no one would vote for her. I feel like you added her in the for no apparent reason.
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:57 pm I'd like to throw in, that I'm not entirely sure where you're getting the whole list from in the first place. Sidestepping a good half of the player base? Like you place either a "doesn't look good" or a "looks good, but then bad" on most everyone in the list you made. Excluding DF and DDL as the most prominent looking among the bunch. Back to the 5 people you mentioned though. In my eyes you've listed them as follows:

Disagreement man (Fred)
Somewhere (Neverwhere)
Hazelnut friend (Nutella)
Fluffy (Sprityo)
I do what I want. (Tink)

Realistically, you could've replaced 3 or 4 of these people with other players and still be about the same kind of list
The tin foil in my wants to say he's trying to protect more than just himself. I want to believe there is a teammate in my list of five.
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 pm To directly answer your question, I'd pick tink, I don't think I'd pick everywhere since I haven't checked on their content. But I'd much rather lynch someone like DrWilgy, boo, Dom/Dyslexicon/Eloh, and Gman. Not to say I have evidence on them, but that I don't feel it in my gut that they're whole-y town sided. Something more so I should review over tonight since I'll be driving home and more than likely miss the lynch. In which case, I'm leaving my vote on tink.
Bingo. Pay dirt. Here we go! He says my list is dumb:
-Fredwood
-Neverwhere
-Nutella
-Sprityo
-Tink

And would rather hit someone on this list:
-Boo
-Dom
-DrWilgy
-Dyslexicon
-Eloh
-G-Man

Which leaves out these four:
-DFaraday
-Dragon D. Luffy
-Long Con
-MacDougall

If there was a teammate in my list, who do you think it is most likely to be?

If there is a teammate on his preferred hit list, who do you think it is most likely to be?

If there is a teammate on his list of omissions, who do you think it is most likely to be?
Here we see G-man's notes related to Sprityo and I see 3 questions following. Several players responded immediately, but I don't recall seeing any use of these questions from G-Man or any hard opinions based on these lists or questions.
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:15 pm I think we're going to want to return to these lists overnight and also on Day 5. For now, I don't trust the Eloh option.
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:19 pm I'm going against my better judgement anyway. Voting Eloh.
Why though? Why?
G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:16 am It seems the first mention of 'black hole' Pokemon came after that post of mine. Perhaps I just screwed it up from the beginning with Faraday asking about Mew & Mewtwo getting evo votes. Neither one of them are baddies though, so that was a piss poor reading/assumption on my part. I've been pretty bad about keeping roles straight in my head lately, but this is a new low, as that post was the very first post from a player in the game. :disappoint:
KK, theory, what if the 'black hole' of evolution votes was discussed in btsc between Faraday and G-man before any of this popped up in the thread? Perhaps that would explain G-Man's confusion.

I'm going to take a break and resume after lunch.

Questions for G-Man -
  • Why should I not think that your Sprityo vote was a bus?
  • What have you gained from those three questions you made when you first ISO'd Sprityo post mortem?
  • Why the hell did you vote Eloh? there were plenty of voting options that day, but for some reason you were inclined to vote against what you had said one moment before. Why?

And lastly a quote from Nutella that caught my eye.
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm Morons.

Let's lynch, in no particular order: Fredwood, DFaraday, and G-Man. Two out of three of them are the baddies.
G-Man, when I'm done flipping through you who do you want me to look at? I think it's only fair for you to make the call on who I ISO next.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nutella's quote is indeed very specific.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:05 pm Skimming through G-Man's ISO.
G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:36 pmsprityo: Fluffy McFlufferson. You upped your game recently but I still don't trust you. I might like to watch you die.
This was G's call out on Sprit being fluffy.
G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 pm I'm voting Sprityo. Top suss, best bet. Good discussion today, Fred.
I remembered why I had G-Man on my civ list for so long. I agreed with what he had said the day we lynched Sprit. Now as I reread, I see that there was pressure from both DDL and Fred and I believe Tink still had the lead at this time. I can see incentive to bus Sprit when there was only a chance for him to be lynched.

Spoiler for convenience:
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 pm I've gathered the following in chronological order. Some are Sprityo's words and some are my thoughts.

He was an early-adopter of the "Boo is twisting words" crew and voted for Boo. Early cred grab or a lazy attempt at a mis-lynch? Not long after, he says Nutella looks better (possibly if we go the Boo v. Nutella route?).
sprityo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:26 pm In my gut i want to say i trust DDL a lot even though looking at his ISO didnt give me a whole lot to go off of outside of his dislike for timmer and a scuffle with jack.

I saw some things about LC and speed being tossed around too. LC mostly, like nutella was against boo on his whole concept, which is correct. but i think why i keep seeing the names together is how he discusses with speedchuck a sort of vote alliance thing for tonight. and.... thats really it? not much else i can go on, he's essentially same level as nutella in terms of what he's doing. only nutella has been more argumentative about it and LC was taking pot shots here and there.

Speedchuck, starts out with some nice pro-towny things. he at least talks about it and not too much (which in retrospect makes him look better than how jack was arguing it) but thats because theres not much. and then he just kinda misses out and asks for a recap, so eh.

and then i wanted to cover jack since i just HAVE to, being he is who he is. we've gotten quite the "friendship". (i also just realized this post is half the people on my list, hmph. interesting) So overall jack actually.... looks good. i mean his disagreement with DDL wasnt a two sided thing, they both have their reasons. i would side with DDL on it based my personal opinion since having all vanilla towns is lame. but jack makes some decent posts in his actual banter, and he also throws down his opinions of people which is more than a lot of players have put out (then again it's day 1 and i can relate that it's hard to get reads sometimes)

I think that should be good, in retrospect, if i was to go into my list of 6, the other three, Dom, Mac, and DrWilgy, well i couldnt do the former two, and will change them if they dont show up tomorrow (the phase), and DrWilgy doesnt have enough for me to judge him im pretty sure. (at least, if im remembering right)
In these next two, he changes his list of folks for evo votes:
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:24 am @DrWilgy, my list has changed. Quite drastically in fact due to 1/3 being dead. I would add DDL to the list since he is a prominent player in my opinion, And I would take off Dom since he has yet to appear. You are hesititantly on there still solely because I need 5-6 players but you haven't done anything spectacular to have me want to keep you there. I'll also add Nutella as a hesitant since she appears to be wanting to do the right thing but I'm not 100% sold on it. I think. This all coming without checking back on information is what I'd have my list at now. I'm keeping mac on the list since he has at least appeared and I'm interested in seeing what he does.

Finally, the original list I made, was for all the reasons I listed. Nothing more nothing less. Hence why you're now a hesitant instead of "lol cause he's a doctor"
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 am So if you wanted an updated list it'd be

LC
DDL
Nutella
Mac
*DrWilgy

He finally starts opining on people. Here he's criticizng my list of five (Fred, Neverwhere, Nutella, Sprityo, Tink):
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:48 pm Question, why is Nutella and fredwood in that list?

Fredwood in general is looking better than you Gman.

I haven't really noticed Nutella much today, but I'm confident almost no one would vote for her. I feel like you added her in the for no apparent reason.
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:57 pm I'd like to throw in, that I'm not entirely sure where you're getting the whole list from in the first place. Sidestepping a good half of the player base? Like you place either a "doesn't look good" or a "looks good, but then bad" on most everyone in the list you made. Excluding DF and DDL as the most prominent looking among the bunch. Back to the 5 people you mentioned though. In my eyes you've listed them as follows:

Disagreement man (Fred)
Somewhere (Neverwhere)
Hazelnut friend (Nutella)
Fluffy (Sprityo)
I do what I want. (Tink)

Realistically, you could've replaced 3 or 4 of these people with other players and still be about the same kind of list
The tin foil in my wants to say he's trying to protect more than just himself. I want to believe there is a teammate in my list of five.
sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 pm To directly answer your question, I'd pick tink, I don't think I'd pick everywhere since I haven't checked on their content. But I'd much rather lynch someone like DrWilgy, boo, Dom/Dyslexicon/Eloh, and Gman. Not to say I have evidence on them, but that I don't feel it in my gut that they're whole-y town sided. Something more so I should review over tonight since I'll be driving home and more than likely miss the lynch. In which case, I'm leaving my vote on tink.
Bingo. Pay dirt. Here we go! He says my list is dumb:
-Fredwood
-Neverwhere
-Nutella
-Sprityo
-Tink

And would rather hit someone on this list:
-Boo
-Dom
-DrWilgy
-Dyslexicon
-Eloh
-G-Man

Which leaves out these four:
-DFaraday
-Dragon D. Luffy
-Long Con
-MacDougall

If there was a teammate in my list, who do you think it is most likely to be?

If there is a teammate on his preferred hit list, who do you think it is most likely to be?

If there is a teammate on his list of omissions, who do you think it is most likely to be?
Here we see G-man's notes related to Sprityo and I see 3 questions following. Several players responded immediately, but I don't recall seeing any use of these questions from G-Man or any hard opinions based on these lists or questions.
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:15 pm I think we're going to want to return to these lists overnight and also on Day 5. For now, I don't trust the Eloh option.
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:19 pm I'm going against my better judgement anyway. Voting Eloh.
Why though? Why?
G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:16 am It seems the first mention of 'black hole' Pokemon came after that post of mine. Perhaps I just screwed it up from the beginning with Faraday asking about Mew & Mewtwo getting evo votes. Neither one of them are baddies though, so that was a piss poor reading/assumption on my part. I've been pretty bad about keeping roles straight in my head lately, but this is a new low, as that post was the very first post from a player in the game. :disappoint:
KK, theory, what if the 'black hole' of evolution votes was discussed in btsc between Faraday and G-man before any of this popped up in the thread? Perhaps that would explain G-Man's confusion.

I'm going to take a break and resume after lunch.

Questions for G-Man -
  • Why should I not think that your Sprityo vote was a bus?
  • What have you gained from those three questions you made when you first ISO'd Sprityo post mortem?
  • Why the hell did you vote Eloh? there were plenty of voting options that day, but for some reason you were inclined to vote against what you had said one moment before. Why?

And lastly a quote from Nutella that caught my eye.
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm Morons.

Let's lynch, in no particular order: Fredwood, DFaraday, and G-Man. Two out of three of them are the baddies.
G-Man, when I'm done flipping through you who do you want me to look at? I think it's only fair for you to make the call on who I ISO next.
I've been monitoring those three lists and questions. I've been wrestling with them in my head as people are lynched and NK'd. Very few people responded to my questions, so I've been dealing with it internally. If it feels like it was dropped, that may be because I'm trying no to over-think it like I'm prone to doing. We're now left with just one person in the list of people I suspected (Neverwhere), one person in the list Sprityo omitted from his list (DDL), and the rest of us are on his list of "I'd rather we lynch one of these folks." We're now past the point of asking two of those three questions. It's now a matter of these:

1) Do you think Sprityo was defending himself only or himself and a teammate by calling my list dumb?
2) Do you think Sprityo omitted both of his teammates from his desired hit list?
3) If neither of the above, who among Sprityo's list makes the most sense as a cred-grab bus option?

Re: evolution black hole- That was poor comprehension on my part. Your theory will remain valid until I am dead.

As for your direct questions:

-There is no point for me to bus a teammate on Day 3, especially not an active one. If my catching up on the thread were just an act, why actually post my player notes that day if I am not in the cross-hairs? I kept my word. I posted thoughts on everyone, finished my re-read, and made an educated vote. With five people in my suspect list, why would I go for the only one that hurts my chances of winning the game when my team is well on our way to curb-stomping the civvies? On Day 3, Tink was a perfectly acceptable choice. You yourself voted for her in the hopes of eliminating a low-participating player. If I was bad, I wouldn't bus that early. It would have made more sense to vote sideways, for Tink to get in with the low-participation haters, or miss/abstain again for "not being caught up."

-Looks like I addresses this one above.

-I did exactly what I criticized Fred for doing. My back and forth with Fred Day 3 was by design. I was fishing. I was testing him. He came out looking good enough to me that I wanted to try to avoid a Fred lynch, so I voted Eloh to save Fred. I don't know what made me vote for him on Day 5. That was just stupidity brought on by the wide vote-spread. Frankly, this game should be used as evidence against ever letting me represent The Syndicate at the Mafia Championships.

-I've more or less cleared you and Boo in my mind, which leaves DDL, Dyslexicon, Neverwhere, and Quin. I'd say comb through Quin and DDL. I don't know how much can be gleaned from Neverwhere or Dyslexicon. DDL almost feels too convenient for me to believe, because he's the last person left on Sprityo's list of omissions. That list was nothing but players who you wouldn't be surprised to see flip baddie though, which is odd. DDL also cast the scantest of shade on my assumption that Jack's NK was a mistake, by saying it was probably because Jack wasn't being suspected by anyone but that was on Day 3, well after the fact. But he's a proud one, that Dragon. I could see him not taking well to the suggestion that he done goofed if the assertion was repeated like it was. But he did correct himself just minutes later. I don't know. Suppressing my natural distrust of him is getting harder to do.

Quin might fit the bill if all Sprityo had to help him on the early kills was the inconsistent presence of DFaraday and the absent Dom. Then again, so could Dyslexicon. :sigh:
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's hard for someone to convince me that I'm wrong, but once they do (or when I realize it myself) I'm very quick to admit the mistake. That's why I'm always apologizing.

Proud is pointless when you know reality doesn't support your opinion.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Pride*
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

ISO'ing Dyslexicon isn't getting me anywhere. I barely remember the beginning of the game. What say you?
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I want to know why she voted for Quin.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Guys what do you think of my case on Nevermind? So far only Never herself has talked about it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 pm I want to know why she voted for Quin.
me too. rude.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I need to look at Neverwhere, so I'll get on that and your case after coffee DDL.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Work ended up getting really busy. After dinner I'll look at your response G and your suspicion on Neverwhere DDL.
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Theres a guy at my other site called Nevermind, so don't mind if I call her that sometimes.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

To the DDL voters: On Day 6, he was quite invested in the DF lynch. He re-voted DF pretty much as soon as Day 7 started. His lynch yesterday was not inevitable. Do you believe that was a bus?
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I struggle to read Neverwhere as well. I can't really get on a high horse and preach the virtues of staying up to date in games because I've fallen behind a few times myself. Having no memories of her to pull from, I don't know what she is capable of. She sounds sincere, and that just means she'll never get an inch of slack in future games if she's lying now. But that doesn't help us now.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:54 pm CFD on Neverwhere, peeps? Got nothing at all to say about him. He and G-Man, maybe Dizzy are all on the PoE list I hate so much.
Add this to the list of people who looked bad last night.

Specially since in the previous night, Quin was the last one to vote DF.
i was scrolling through your posts to read your case and remembered this post that i tried to defend myself against before. i just realised i didn't even vote for him last. you did. :meany:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:35 pm To the DDL voters: On Day 6, he was quite invested in the DF lynch. He re-voted DF pretty much as soon as Day 7 started. His lynch yesterday was not inevitable. Do you believe that was a bus?
Yup.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:52 pm Guys what do you think of my case on Nevermind? So far only Never herself has talked about it.
My two cents:

DF's wall post came after I'd given him an out in suggesting he could be an unkillable indy. That said, he never really tried to convince us of that assumption so he'd be in too vulnerable a position to be distancing (just meaning that he's a more likely lynch candidate than others). An observation is that with one baddie left after DF, it's more likely that he'd leave his remaining teammate in the larger pool, ignoring WIFOM. Including WIFOM, I am sad.

My conclusion is that I don't think Neverwhere looks bad in DF's interaction with him. Need to look at actual posts tho
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

boo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:35 pm To the DDL voters: On Day 6, he was quite invested in the DF lynch. He re-voted DF pretty much as soon as Day 7 started. His lynch yesterday was not inevitable. Do you believe that was a bus?
Yup.
well that's no fun.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm
boo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 pm
Yup.
well that's no fun.
that's a cue to explain your thoughts btw
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The problem isn't that interaction. It's the lack of it before DF's first lynch.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”