Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by nutella »

Well shit.
Last edited by G-Man on Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Daww, shoot. I thought Elohicn posted that.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game just got considerably more difficult. I'll have to revisit everything I can during the night phase. It's unfortunate that I am in such a poor position to do that, but I will try.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 pm Well shit.
vat
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

WHY DID U GUYS.... omf..
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Ok who didn't vote for marmot ur bad.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 pm Well shit.
vat
This was an error on my part. For some reason, I thought Elohcin posted that, so I edited the post. Sorry for the hosting screw-up.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

lapluie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm Ok who didn't vote for marmot ur bad.
I mean, there are only 2 left so I dunno about that...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

:sigh:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

lol what I posted my 4-person poe pool but G-man edited it out and couldn't recover it I guess. what I said was like:

In that light, my 4-person POE is
Charlie Blacgnosis
JaggedJimmyJay
Marmot
and... maybe Dyslexicon? shit man idk

but probably betting on epi and marmot
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 pm
lapluie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm Ok who didn't vote for marmot ur bad.
I mean, there are only 2 left so I dunno about that...
It was you!
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by wolbre04 »

yikes
ImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

I feel like ima die guys
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Welp
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Scotty »

Im of two minds with that lynch.

1) there was something screwy with the marmot defense and 2) there was something screwy with the read evolutions at the EoD.

Gonna go in order

You guys love to talk not when I’m around.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:29 pm I’m going to switch to [VOTE: MARMOT] aubergine for the time being. Eloh reacting so differently in this game has me rethinking things.
What ‘different reaction’ made you switch? Was it just that you knew she was civ and you were just making things up? That I think Colin is bad is clouding my judgment on everything he does here and his aversion to the Elo lynch at the last second is mighty fishy. That he switched to Marmot makes me feel better about marmot too, because these were the only 2 lynches at the time.
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:09 pm I'm voting to save myself because I am civ. I rarely see marmot as bad, but there is more of a chance that he is bad because I am civ.
oh man, then this post. It’s just so bad it’s comical. Which is funny because it’s not funny and shes dead. But the logic presented here wouldn’t make me want to not vote her if I were around.

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 pm I felt very solid on Eloh for a lynch today but the more I think about it, there’s a big key difference between her U-Pick scumming and here. She tried a gambit there to get away from the lynch and here she just ... hasn’t tried anything.

Hmmm.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sockface had a revelation and was led hand to mouth from marmot to Elo:
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 pm I'm switching to Elo for now to make sure these wagons are competitive.

[VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
“Make the wagons competitive”- still reads marmot and Elo as bad here.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:30 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 pm Quin, why are you town reading Elo and Marmot?
clean slate. i have no read on marmot anymore. :smile:
Yeah, I'm doing the same. Despite flipping on both of them throughout the game, in looking through their ISOs, I'm realizing that neither of one of them looks particularly great by any means.
I dunno but A does not organically lead to B. He just read both as bad, but nods along with Quin in having a “clean slate”, habing no read on marmot, followed in the same thought by “neither [elo or marmot] look great”

Where did this change of heart come from, and why does it just feel like MP sneezed out his marmot boogie at the drop of a cat?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:00 pm [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

This is still my preference. I have more active suspicion of him than I do of Elohcin.
Can you explain your thoughts regarding both of them, like if they are each alignment? I'm just curious what all you are considering in your assessments for each.
Marmot inherited Mac, and I didn't care for Mac on Day 1. He received suspicion and did nothing more than laugh at it, and then Choutas said that "Mac is right in the role" thing which continues to show itself brightly when I review this game. Marmot himself is generally off-meta, has given considerable focus to his suspicion of you (which, despite his considerable effort, I still don't understand with clarity), and his Choutas vote was crappy at face value. On the other hand, I can respect the effort he has given, and it's easier to believe he is trying to solve the game than some others in the poll. That can only go so far, but it's something.

The best thing I can say for Elohcin is that she didn't capitalize on her opportunity to get me lynched on Day 1. At this point that isn't such a standout thing though, and I have no reason to believe she has a vested interest in solving the game. That may not be so abnormal for her, but I cannot give her a break when my POE pool has become relatively limited with her in it.

I have active suspicion of Marmot. For Elohcin, it's more an absence of good things.
Cool, thanks. We're on similar pages.
Are you? So you have an active suspicion of marmot here but are just meh about Elo’s activity? What about that clean slate?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:46 pm After reading Elo's ISO and quickly skimming Marmot's ISO, I think I'd rather lynch Elo than Marmot, but it's a tough call.
More overjustificaion of leaving marmot for Elo.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:54 pm If Elo and Marmot are both scum, that'd be amazing.
But still onboard the marmot bad train.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm Actually, I'd maybe even bump Marmot up to yellow instead of red on my PoE rainbow after digging into the ISO some more. Some of it does seem like sincere hunting.
Ope! Out of left field, and it isn’t even Charlie (It’s more like Justin Upton or something) Marmot has progressed further up his rainbow because “some of it does seem like sincere hunting.” Lol but not all of it.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm Y'all should give me a four-name POE pool.
Hmmmm...

Charlie Epignosis
ColinIsCool
Elohcin
Marmot

I could swap in you for Marmot at this stage; I feel relatively similarly about you both.
And NOW he would even switch out Marmot for JJJ, who he has done a compete 180 on today.

Soon, Marmot will be greener than a cow on iceskates in his rainbow, and jjj will be the devil again.

This all looks infinitely bad if Marmot is an waster bubby and not quite as incriminating if he isn’t, but think- of both marmot and Elo are both civ and MP knows it, would this progression make sense from a scum MP mindset?

I’m tired and I might be smoking crack right now on the subject, but it’s frog for thought

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:59 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 pm I felt very solid on Eloh for a lynch today but the more I think about it, there’s a big key difference between her U-Pick scumming and here. She tried a gambit there to get away from the lynch and here she just ... hasn’t tried anything.

Hmmm.
I’ve already responded to this quote and I don’t remember you giving me any reasonable response.

Does this game being [mostly] open change your mindset if that one was closed? It’s an entirely different scenario, it’s like hiring this mariachi band to your wedding because you thought they were wonderful that one time you were drunk in Cozumel. It’s not the same.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter now, since she’s dead and civ. But your reasoning there sounds...uh...fabricated? Yea, that’s the word.

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:26 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:59 am

Hmmm.
I’ve already responded to this quote and I don’t remember you giving me any reasonable response.

Does this game being [mostly] open change your mindset if that one was closed? It’s an entirely different scenario, it’s like hiring this mariachi band to your wedding because you thought they were wonderful that one time you were drunk in Cozumel. It’s not the same.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter now, since she’s dead and civ. But your reasoning there sounds...uh...fabricated? Yea, that’s the word.
I guess what I’m trying to say is not so much about the gambit but more about putting up a fight, any fight at all.
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Scotty »

And Quin’s progression today kept kicking me in my shins
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:12 pm lmao i have an hour to make a decision between two civ reads hahahaha fuck
So he civ reads both of them.

20 min later, he does a little iso of Elo:
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:26 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm well, at least that was a quick catch up. I agree this game is less serious than usual at the moment. There are a lot of votes being thrown around. I personally like votes that are not changeable only because it forces players to think more about who they are voting for. There are no "pressure votes" and what not. As of right now, I can see why JJJ has the most votes (even though it's only 2). His excuses for not carrying the thread don't feel genuine. He is participating enough in another game he is in. I may vote that way but first I would like to hear from others more. I don't like to just throw votes around. Who here is born again?
Dislike her reason for suspecting 3J here. Her phrasing around expecting him to carry the thread is what doesn't feel genuine. Does Eloh like to throw votes around? I can't remember. Someone find out for me.
Elohcin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:45 am Good job guys! As I was reading through what was going on, I would have changed to Chou if I were here EoD. But alas, I was hanging out with the family.

I will try to be more active. My heart's just not in it.
She never mentioned choutas or backed up this claim in any way. Meh.
Elohcin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:34 am That lynch really stank. I wasn't around for EoD and If my life wasn't threatened, I could have been convinced to vote elsewhere.
No elaboration.

---

Elohcin is a rabbit wearing a sexy human costume. Orange.
Ok so now he reads Elo as orange. Went from a civ read to an Orange in one read. Why was Elo civ to begin with if that brief read finally persuaded him?
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 pm Quin, why are you town reading Elo and Marmot?
clean slate. i have no read on marmot anymore. :smile:
Ohhhh I think I misread this the first time now that I’m reading it slowly. He says he’s got a clean slate with Elo and has no read on marmot.

...though I don’t know what the difference between ‘clean slate’ and ‘no read’ is. :confused:
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:36 pm Looked at Mac real quick.
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 am What was that, 2 or 3 years ago? To say my play is shit when looking at the very last game we played together is funny.

Anway it's interesting that when I said I had your number you assumed I meant as a civ hunting rather than just generally.

Also I was just having some fun waiting to replace out. Marmot is stepping in for me. Enjoy.
Context: The last time 3J correctly scum-read Mac. It was RoT3K.

Scum read. Since RoT3K I'm pretty sure Ass Class has been his only scum games. I'll acknowledge the pretty large gap between the two games but it still has "historical value". Or something.
I think Quin is saying he scum reads Mac here, but I can’t tell. Quin, can you clarify what you mean here?

If it is a scumread on Marmot’s predecessor, it informs the rest of this disjointed progression.
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 pm This is page 1 of a Marmot ISO.
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:36 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:28 pm I think Charlie Blackmoor was specifically talking about Jay rather than making a sweeping statement about low posters in general
Correct. Never take out your heavy hitters without good reason. Turn everybody else into a heavy hitter instead.
And yet you voted for Macdougall?

If JaggedJimmyJay is batting third, then Macdougall is your cleanup man. Why vote for him?
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 am [VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine

After browsing through his ISO, he's exhibiting behavior that I exhibit when I'm mafia. Nearly all of his posts are short. Many of them are uninspiring questions, including the following.

Good point about Epi.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:22 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:06 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 am [VOTE: WOLBRE04] aubergine
?
Just hoping you'd show. What's up? :slick:
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm well, at least that was a quick catch up. I agree this game is less serious than usual at the moment. There are a lot of votes being thrown around. I personally like votes that are not changeable only because it forces players to think more about who they are voting for. There are no "pressure votes" and what not. As of right now, I can see why JJJ has the most votes (even though it's only 2). His excuses for not carrying the thread don't feel genuine. He is participating enough in another game he is in. I may vote that way but first I would like to hear from others more. I don't like to just throw votes around. Who here is born again?
What specifically is not genuine?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 pm ColinIsCool
Kylemii
M Plus 7
novaselinenever
Scotty

Dyslexicon
TheFloyd73

wolbre04
Quin
MacDougall
lapluie
Elohcin
Choutas
I think the green reads are generally agreeable or understandable, but can you explain Nova and Scotty at all?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:51 pm What exactly is a soul read again, just gut?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm The game just started.
I'm not talking about G-Man's Easter Mafia.

I am talking about Mafia.

All of it.
I see. Well, if I'm honest, I feel the same way.
Why?
I see that Elohcin gave a long explanation, in response to the last question, but I see a lot of soft pressing without any follow-through. No hardcore scumhunting, just going through the motions.

This guy is mafia.
I agree with his thoughts about MP. Especially the last one.
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:35 pm
lapluie wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm
lapluie wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:10 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 am I see @lapluie hS also voted Floyd, for no discernible reason.

I know why I am there, does lap?
Yes sir I do. :nicenod:
Would you like to share with the class?
clears throat
inactive
that's basically all I have to clarify for my vote, nothing exaggerating I kno! !

Potential baddie alert!!!

In Mortal Kombat, here's a question lapluie posed for Simon.
lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Simon wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 pm I voted bwt. I'm pretty sure he is bad. :fishslap:
hello, welcome
what makes you think Birdwithteeth11 is bad?
they have not posted yet

Lapluie was a civilian in that game, while Simon was mafia. Meanwhile in this game, lapluie silently placed a vote on TheFloyd who hasn't posted yet. This put Floyd at 2 votes, and in second overall. The reason for voting TheFloyd? He's been inactive thus far.

Lapluie is an orange salad roll.
Backing up his claims with previous games. And again, I don't disagree.
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:14 pm
lapluie wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:12 pm Can we focus on Scotty too pls, this is 2 pressuring
Scotty has made multiple posts this game that I find civilian-aligned.

And also he's known for voting inactives on Day 1, whereas I found a case of you questioning someone else in another game for it.
This is basically the response to the thing lapluie pulled out and I find it extremely genuine.

---

Marmot is my strongest town read. Dark green.
Quin says he doesn’t have time to read the full marmot ISO, so he only does page 1, points to some quotes that he finds [extremely] genuine, and gives marmot the title of STRONGEST town read. Wow, that’s a big thing after only isoinng a page and not talking about the choutas vote or the Mac WIFOM or the self vote “I’m scum” WIFOM. But yeah, that’s fine.

Then he votes Elo; followed by another quote from somewhere in Marmot’s iso:
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pm Marmot - I still don't like your infamous vote, and the words that came with it. I don't like that you ask why the timing of it is suspicious, when that's been discussed already.

I don't know how much more we can gain from discussing this, so I'm ready to move on to other things.

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pmI'm uneasy of your active and involved play style (even though I really like it) cause I haven't seen it that much when you're town before. Although I remember you as pretty involved (and wanting to keeel me) in Phenon way back. I also think you're a good talker in general, so I have my smart ass filter on when reading you. : p
Lol, thanks! :biggrin:

I just finished playing Ancient Greece and Assassination Classroom, which both ended a week ago. I played with some fervor in Ancient Greece, and played pretty sparingly in Ass Class. I was town in both games, and mafia won both games. But if you want an example of me as active town, that Ancient Greece game is one that just happened. I've also already explained why my activity is up in this game. I'm not even using it as a reason to civ-read me, just explaining my activity.

If you find my content itself suspicious or don't believe my reasons, fine. But I want to ease the paranoia so you'll at least look at what I'm saying instead of letting that uneasy feeling sit around and dictate your read of me.

And I'm talking to the thread as a whole here, not just you.
Genuine.

---

I can't understand why Marmot has votes. I maintain my read on him.
I get it, Quin finds this quote genuine. Marmot might as well be the King of Scotland to Quin, even though everyone else knows that was Forrest Whittaker
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pm Marmot - I still don't like your infamous vote, and the words that came with it. I don't like that you ask why the timing of it is suspicious, when that's been discussed already.

I don't know how much more we can gain from discussing this, so I'm ready to move on to other things.

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pmI'm uneasy of your active and involved play style (even though I really like it) cause I haven't seen it that much when you're town before. Although I remember you as pretty involved (and wanting to keeel me) in Phenon way back. I also think you're a good talker in general, so I have my smart ass filter on when reading you. : p
Lol, thanks! :biggrin:

I just finished playing Ancient Greece and Assassination Classroom, which both ended a week ago. I played with some fervor in Ancient Greece, and played pretty sparingly in Ass Class. I was town in both games, and mafia won both games. But if you want an example of me as active town, that Ancient Greece game is one that just happened. I've also already explained why my activity is up in this game. I'm not even using it as a reason to civ-read me, just explaining my activity.

If you find my content itself suspicious or don't believe my reasons, fine. But I want to ease the paranoia so you'll at least look at what I'm saying instead of letting that uneasy feeling sit around and dictate your read of me.

And I'm talking to the thread as a whole here, not just you.
Genuine.

---

I can't understand why Marmot has votes. I maintain my read on him.
fuck me i posted one quote and lost the rest accidentally

marmot is town guys
Claims to have had more quotes to post and give him Genuine Points (tm).

Look guys, even scum can be genuine. If they’re genuinely trying to smear another person, that’s pretty genuine stuff. But the game isn’t just what a person says, and I feel like Quin is conveniently leaving out marmot’s choutas vote. What about Marmot’s entrance: “I am scum”. Is that not genuine?

Quin has dropped down my ladder

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Being genuine is a slightly sore subject for me when SVS was convinced I was bad because I appeared disingenuous in the GoC, when in reality I was anything but. She almost tunneled me to death because of this, and it really pissed me off and made me question myself.

I have a hard time with tone reading genuinity, and apparently have a hard time getting people to believe I’m genuine even when I am. It probably spills over to all my reads- I’m more of a logical progression and data analysis type of person in solving these games. And maybe that’s just a difference in playstyle I need to learn to separate.

I don’t even know what I’m saying. My coffee is wearing off

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

All of Colin, Marmot, Mp and Quin can’t be bad, so this is slightly frustrating.

I think we should just lynch colin tomorrow and run from there. [mention]nutella[/mention] [mention]M Plus 7[/mention]

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

OH and then there’s Epi. Who made it known that he solved the game by hitting a line drive in Elo, which actually turned out to be a pop out. Still don’t know why he suspected Elo. It was a very weak vote objectively in hindsight.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

lapluie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:32 am I feel like ima die guys
Nah it’s prolly me but thanks for playing

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ok well like usual I’m alone at night talking to myself.

I just wish the voices talked back every now and then :evileye:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

kay im not gonna break that up so just pretend my response is well organised and nod approvingly :noble:

The two civs reads were referring to my GTH list earlier. When I say I want a clean slate, such a thing obviously doesn't exist. I had those reads for a reason. The idea is that I take a step back and reform my opinions with something that's not spur of the moment. So while I say they're good, those are reads I no longer care about preserving.

I had beef with that one post of Mac's. Marmot looks very good on his own power. And I did complete the whole ISO. I had three tabs open at a time, the main ISO, a quote and the opened quote where I wrote my thoughts. In the end I must've posted the third tab and closed to one I was working on. Case in point he's exhibiting a strong civilian effort.

I talked about the choutas vote in the lost content. He was pushing lapluie as bad before moving his vote which shows he actually gives a damn about making a difference. I have no problems with someone like that moving off their wagon at the last minute.

When I talk about genuinity, I'm talking about a performance that shows a genuine desire to solve the game. I've already made this whole "scum can be genuine too" argument in another game. I know how it works.
Please don't pretend WIFOM from Marmot is something new.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 am kay im not gonna break that up so just pretend my response is well organised and nod approvingly :noble:

The two civs reads were referring to my GTH list earlier. When I say I want a clean slate, such a thing obviously doesn't exist. I had those reads for a reason. The idea is that I take a step back and reform my opinions with something that's not spur of the moment. So while I say they're good, those are reads I no longer care about preserving.
Fair enough. It just seemed odd to use the term clean slate with Elo and no read with marmot. It seemed odd in the sequence that you had the top 2 vote-getters as civ reads in your GTH, and after a little perusal, had no reads. That was the main point I was making there.
I had beef with that one post of Mac's. Marmot looks very good on his own power. And I did complete the whole ISO. I had three tabs open at a time, the main ISO, a quote and the opened quote where I wrote my thoughts. In the end I must've posted the third tab and closed to one I was working on. Case in point he's exhibiting a strong civilian effort.
would you disregard Mac as a factor in reading Marmot? If the pope kicked a homeless man in the face before becoming pope, would you just shrug? That’s a bit extreme, but you get my gist.
I talked about the choutas vote in the lost content. He was pushing lapluie as bad before moving his vote which shows he actually gives a damn about making a difference. I have no problems with someone like that moving off their wagon at the last minute.
I mean ok. There’s no way to really know that since it got cut off. If he was pushing lap as bad, why not keep his vote there? Choutas was already at 4 votes and when he and Mp switched it was just insurance. It felt to me like he wanted to get a slight edge, but if you don’t see it, I can’t make you see it. I could be harping on something that may not be suspicious to everyone.
When I talk about genuinity, I'm talking about a performance that shows a genuine desire to solve the game. I've already made this whole "scum can be genuine too" argument in another game. I know how it works.
Im not pretending WIFOMarmot is new. That’s his bread and butter and I’m saying we shouldn’t ignore it because that is a gambit I’ve seen him use before as mafia.

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:06 am
lapluie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:32 am I feel like ima die guys
Nah it’s prolly me but thanks for playing
I'll tell them 2 get on it, thanks for playing
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:06 am
Quin wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 am kay im not gonna break that up so just pretend my response is well organised and nod approvingly :noble:

Fair enough. It just seemed odd to use the term clean slate with Elo and no read with marmot. It seemed odd in the sequence that you had the top 2 vote-getters as civ reads in your GTH, and after a little perusal, had no reads. That was the main point I was making there.
would you disregard Mac as a factor in reading Marmot? If the pope kicked a homeless man in the face before becoming pope, would you just shrug? That’s a bit extreme, but you get my gist.
I mean ok. There’s no way to really know that since it got cut off. If he was pushing lap as bad, why not keep his vote there? Choutas was already at 4 votes and when he and Mp switched it was just insurance. It felt to me like he wanted to get a slight edge, but if you don’t see it, I can’t make you see it. I could be harping on something that may not be suspicious to everyone.
Im not pretending WIFOMarmot is new. That’s his bread and butter and I’m saying we shouldn’t ignore it because that is a gambit I’ve seen him use before as mafia.
I found one post out of Mac's pingy, whereas Marmot looks good in multiple posts. Marmots good easily outweighed Mac's bad. I'm not ignoring it.

I don't see a problem with him moving it. And I probably wouldn't see a problem with him leaving it either. I think Marmot was making a sincere effort on Day 1 with regards to his preferred lynch and can accept that he'd drop it if it didn't gain traction. It doesn't necessarily make him look good, but it definitely doesn't make him look bad in my eyes. As for him wanting to get that credit, I could really only perceive that if I were scum-reading him. I dunno.

I just don't think Marmot's WIFOM needs to factor into my genuinity/non-genuinity reading. I'm looking at his meat when making those decisions. WIFOM is just fluff.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

Not all that surprised about the flip tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:23 pm The game just got considerably more difficult. I'll have to revisit everything I can during the night phase. It's unfortunate that I am in such a poor position to do that, but I will try.
That's a losing attitude. Which you don't do.

Also, how come the game became so considerably more difficult? Were you that convinced Eloh would flip scum? Does it radically change your views? Tell me what's going on.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jimmeey has been on a different planet since mid day 3. Just sayin.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm still suspicious of Marmot. Should do an ISO run through on him for my own sake at some point. Hopefully before night ends.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 pm On to finding the scum on Eloh's wagon then. It's not Dizzy.
If you think Marmot is town, why would scum necessarily be on Eloh's wagon? I've been thinking about this. So if Marmot is town, I don't think there would be much incentive for scum to mislynch Eloh over Marmot, quite the opposite. Eloh was not doing much or putting in much effort and not a hard mislynch (and unlikely to be in the future) imo. If Marmot is town, that is a more active presence and a "better mislynch" from a scum perspective. Obviously scum would want to vote either if their both town and it would depend on how they've already expressed suspicion. That said, I still think there's good chances Marmot is scum, in which case I'd say it's highly likely there's scum on Eloh's wagon. I guess I'm just wondering if you think there has to be scum on the wagon, or more so was thinking of doing voting analysis on the wagon to see if anything sticks out?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think my town pool that I'm more comfortable with now is lapluie, MP, Scotty and Quin. And I'm wondering if that is strange. o.o
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]Charlie Blackmon[/mention], how do you think it's going out on the field? Three swings and three misses for you so far, right?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scum the lot of you, btw.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:00 pmWhat's your beef with nutella? I acknowledge that she is getting credit for relatively small things and am listening.
What credit and what small things are you thinking of?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 am
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 pm On to finding the scum on Eloh's wagon then. It's not Dizzy.
If you think Marmot is town, why would scum necessarily be on Eloh's wagon? I've been thinking about this. So if Marmot is town, I don't think there would be much incentive for scum to mislynch Eloh over Marmot, quite the opposite. Eloh was not doing much or putting in much effort and not a hard mislynch (and unlikely to be in the future) imo. If Marmot is town, that is a more active presence and a "better mislynch" from a scum perspective. Obviously scum would want to vote either if their both town and it would depend on how they've already expressed suspicion. That said, I still think there's good chances Marmot is scum, in which case I'd say it's highly likely there's scum on Eloh's wagon. I guess I'm just wondering if you think there has to be scum on the wagon, or more so was thinking of doing voting analysis on the wagon to see if anything sticks out?
My first impression at EoD was that despite the votes, there was a lot more discussion around Eloh than there was Marmot. Might be wrong. I think one of the thread leaders is bad. GTH I say MP.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

that answers like 1/4 of your post in hindsight
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

At this stage I think a strategic scum team is more likely to lynch Eloh today. Lynching Marmot would bring questions about whether Eloh's been setup for a LYLO mislynch. They'd avoid that. Lynching Marmot before Eloh feels unnatural to me given the discussion around them, even as I try to stuff away my read on him.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alright, Quin. We definitely have different takes on things lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll be catchin up for real and read through Marmot later tonight before day comes.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:22 am Alright, Quin. We definitely have different takes on things lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll be catchin up for real and read through Marmot later tonight before day comes.
I'm definitely self-projecting. If I'm bad and 100 percent in control of the decisions, this is probably how I'd go about it if I were being strategic.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 am
That’s all a pretty good point. If I had to guess I’d figure there’s scum on both, spreading themselves apart, but maybe that’s just my brain trying to get symmetry.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 am All of Colin, Marmot, Mp and Quin can’t be bad, so this is slightly frustrating.

I think we should just lynch colin tomorrow and run from there. @nutella @M Plus 7
Pretty bad idea imho
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:43 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:23 pm The game just got considerably more difficult. I'll have to revisit everything I can during the night phase. It's unfortunate that I am in such a poor position to do that, but I will try.
That's a losing attitude. Which you don't do.

Also, how come the game became so considerably more difficult? Were you that convinced Eloh would flip scum? Does it radically change your views? Tell me what's going on.
She was the most likely in my view, and with two left it disrupts a simpler universe for designing a team. If there aren’t two among Epi, Colin, and Marmot then I am left more stumped.

Also, every mislynch amplifies the problem posed by the unlynchable mafioso when projecting the civilian margin for error.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:43 am Jimmeey has been on a different planet since mid day 3. Just sayin.
You may not understand me, but I still never make these kills. It’s irrelevant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I need to carefully assess nutella. With Elohcin flipping civilian that’s where my brain is jerking toward.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 207

Post by Epignosis »

First, that was as disappointing as hitting what should be a home run in Wrigley Field and the wind blows in and makes it a long fly out.

Second, I keep seeing my name pop up as a candidate for being cut from the team, but what I'm not seeing is any reason why that should happen. The only thing I'm seeing are demands from people that I "do more." Aside from the fact that people making demands of me is never going to accomplish anything, I realize that even though it's been five years, nobody has my annual schedule memorized, so I don't mind making an annual reiteration that May-June is by far the busiest time of the year for me (assuming we don't make the playoffs, that is). So, as I said before, you'll get my color commentary when you get it. If you have a problem with that, I don't know what to tell you: I hear there's a stump not far from here that isn't saying anything either, but that's just how it is right now. :shrug:

Third, I'm sure JJJ will have words for what I'm about to say, but I don't think the "elimination" method is going to work well against this pitcher. It's easy enough to fake "doing things" to get your name off those lists. What's also easy is- if you are bad and off the consensus list- confirming the consensus, and before you know it, the side is retired and the game is over. Home team loses.

Fourth, I suspect Dyslexicon for the taunt. You don't taunt players on your own team. You encourage them, even if they are in a slump. I believe Dyslexicon fits into what I said above, about looking busy and confirming the consensus. Being smug isn't a good character trait, especially when you have no reason to be smug.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 am Not all that surprised about the flip tbh
Oh?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:13 pm [VOTE: Eloh] aubergine
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 pm I think one of the Marmot voters should move to Elohcin. There's a *secrets* there in the mafia roles, and I hate shenanigans. Let's avoid them.
@Dyslexicon
Alright. Marmot, you must be keeled next.
I get the impression Dyslexicon is working to stay ahead in the count here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mr. Blackmon, I agree that an active player is probably bad. I don’t understand though why you’re inclined to eliminate Marmot from that equation. And what of Colin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Charlie Blackmon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 am First, that was as disappointing as hitting what should be a home run in Wrigley Field and the wind blows in and makes it a long fly out.

Second, I keep seeing my name pop up as a candidate for being cut from the team, but what I'm not seeing is any reason why that should happen. The only thing I'm seeing are demands from people that I "do more." Aside from the fact that people making demands of me is never going to accomplish anything, I realize that even though it's been five years, nobody has my annual schedule memorized, so I don't mind making an annual reiteration that May-June is by far the busiest time of the year for me (assuming we don't make the playoffs, that is). So, as I said before, you'll get my color commentary when you get it. If you have a problem with that, I don't know what to tell you: I hear there's a stump not far from here that isn't saying anything either, but that's just how it is right now. :shrug:

Third, I'm sure JJJ will have words for what I'm about to say, but I don't think the "elimination" method is going to work well against this pitcher. It's easy enough to fake "doing things" to get your name off those lists. What's also easy is- if you are bad and off the consensus list- confirming the consensus, and before you know it, the side is retired and the game is over. Home team loses.

Fourth, I suspect Dyslexicon for the taunt. You don't taunt players on your own team. You encourage them, even if they are in a slump. I believe Dyslexicon fits into what I said above, about looking busy and confirming the consensus. Being smug isn't a good character trait, especially when you have no reason to be smug.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 am Not all that surprised about the flip tbh
Oh?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:13 pm [VOTE: Eloh] aubergine
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 pm I think one of the Marmot voters should move to Elohcin. There's a *secrets* there in the mafia roles, and I hate shenanigans. Let's avoid them.
@Dyslexicon
Alright. Marmot, you must be keeled next.
I get the impression Dyslexicon is working to stay ahead in the count her[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention]

I'm not smug, I'm annoyed. You don't need me to hold your hand and blow kisses at you to try solve the game. So far I've seen you vote me day 1 and not given a reason why. Made an argument against Wolbre I struggled to understand. And vote Eloh without an explanation from what I can remember. Nothing of this makes me think town for your alignment. I don't know whether you are or not, but if you expect people to just magically know your alignment in the case you're town from this game, then I don't know what to tell you. And I'm annoyed because IF you are town you're making yourself an easy target as well as not doing much to game solve. Don't come for me for this. Shoo!

Return to “Previous Heists”