Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My gut is still telling me to vote for Colin, and I might. The case against him might be difficult to construct, but that's to his credit for assembling a hard work post history. His treatment of me, largely focused on what Marmot just highlighted, is one of the worst-looking things in this game to me.

I also note that nobody seems to trust lapluie right now. I would love to hear someone provide a case for her being a civilian.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 am
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 am So why is this a part of your case?
A guy I have personally caught as a bad guy for engaging in WIFOM nonsense entered this game as a replacement and immediately said "I got a mafia role card".

I'm not ignoring that. It isn't irrefutable evidence that you're a bad guy, but it is a bad look.
That's like benching Charlie Blackmon against Clayton Kershaw because he's a lefty even though he bats .303 in his career against righties and .304 in his career against lefties. Sure most lefties bat terribly against lefties and Charlie Blackmon struck out looking last time he saw Kershaw, but that doesn't mean you bench him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm very proud of my baseball metaphor.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:47 am I also note that nobody seems to trust lapluie right now. I would love to hear someone provide a case for her being a civilian.
I don't really have one (sorry lap)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also going to [VOTE: Colin] aubergine. Y'all should try it too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Catch up
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:10 amI also think that if there are civilian power roles finding themselves consistently called suspects, they need to consider claiming (post-night phase), and early enough to give everyone a chance to re-orient before the deadline. Even if not, y'all need to make sure your information gets into this thread as clearly as you feel you can safely get it here. Nothing will frustrate me more than someone being lynched who should have been confirmed civilian.
This. If a likely lynch is a PT, then claim with enough room to have a possible counter claim. This could help the PoE a lot actually.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 pm If I die, the mafia are fucking idiots.
Confirmed.
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 am I should really be asleep by now but I suddenly got this nagging hunch that wolves is lapluie and marmot. Idk, was thinking about some possible permutations and this one seemed to click, but I haven't looked into much to flesh it out so it's just a hunch.

Linki ok yeah sounds good lol [VOTE: lapluie] aubergine
I had this feeling at a point and read lapluie's ISO. She focused a lot on Marmot. Later I read lapluie being bad in FE (I think it was) and she focused a lot on you as her teammate. I actually haven't put two and two together with this before now, but I think lapluie + Marmot is a definite possibility.
lapluie wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:00 am Girl you're all over the place makeup your mind
Is that going to be your repeated defense? What is the point of this post?
Scotty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:52 pm Killing Mp was a fucky kill but you know I’m done trying to read these kills. Mp was in like half the town’s lynch pool so whatever.
He was? He was my top town read so. o.o
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 pm I think probably if marmot is bad dizzy's not his teammate, but lapluie would be compatible with either
I will think about anti-alignments. That may be helpful at this point. Don't know how confident I can be with Cindy Kate's bussing meta, but worth a try.
Marmot wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:07 pm I appreciate y'all not lynching me when I wasn't around, especially MP for bothering to check back in the thread and confirming that I'd not be around.
I don't : p
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:38 am I am particularly interested in Dizzy and Colin. They're the most difficult cases to sort given my own preconceptions and also the fact that my own content plays a large role in what I compiled. A less biased perspective would be super.
I should not be difficult to sort. Shame on you and your family!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I haven't read Jimmeey's cases yet. I will take time to respond to mine.

I think Nut comes across very good in interaction with Epi. Reading her town now. So thanks.
I actually think a lot of players comes across better. Epi and Jimmeeey at least. Though Epi's posts are still frustrating as fuck to read.
Scotty and Quin are both very much on the leaning town side in my mind. When I think about it I guess that is mostly intuition/tone, especially for Scotty.

I could find a reason to vote lapluie, Marmot or Colin. Colin maybe least of all those.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 pmOn Day 1 there was a wagon on me that at one point reached 4 votes. If you assume for the sake of argument that I am a civilian, then it isn't hard to find room for opportunism in that. Dizzy's vote was either the third or fourth.
Dumb. I'm not opportunist as scum. The vote wasn't going to stay. I'm opportunist for reactions as town. And I was happy. It was the young days with no worries and I loved you.
In response to my initial criticism on that front, Dizzy was incredulous. He adopted a perspective that I wasn't getting something which ought to be obvious to me, or that I should be aware of already -- as though Dizzy's civilian designs behind dumping a wagon-building vote on me are clear from the start and shouldn't be questioned. That's silly.
It's not silly and I still do. Obviously I was not going to make no game content and just vote you for no said reason as ANY alignment. That is and should have been obvious.
This is a convenient claimed Gladys check. Using the ability on a non-poster is strategically agreeable, but that doesn't mean it's an honest effort to progress civilian activity -- Floyd is the least likely player to voice concern about this thing (if, for example, he is a Christian non-dentist) because he essentially doesn't exist.
When I have cop roles I always consider the inactives to be a goos target. This becomes especially true with a cop role that can confirm town rather than safely find mafia. The inactive is the player least likely to give away anything alignment indicative for obvious reason. And why the fuck would anyone "voice concern" for a cover check? That is not how this works. I have no idea why any of this is anything worth questioning to you. Maybe we have different strategies regarding how to target, but I really don't get why Floyd or anyone should be concerned, it just doesn't make sense.
I'll discuss the Night 2 check Dizzy provided here too for ease of understanding -- someone who was a non-dentist, but unnamed. This again ensures that no single individual who is subject to a claimed check can protest (because there isn't an individual). This is ineffective cover and can lead nowhere with regard to things like clears stemming from a Gladys death. There's no good reason to withhold this name even in a cover effort, it's at best pointless. Even if a non-dentist cannot be conclusively identified as a Christian or as a mafioso, it is still something -- and it can be particularly useful to the people who are Christians. They have the best capacity to eliminate options and that information provides valuable data toward a total game view.

This is why I have suggested that of the two other players providing Gladys checks (Marmot and Dizzy) is a mafioso, Dizzy looks more likely to be malevolent in that effort (more than Marmot).
Why would they protest??? They absolutely shouldn't protest whether or not it's true. Do you know how cover claiming works? It's NOT ineffective cover. You are simply wrong. I thought you had a better eye for strategy than this. And this is why I was and am perplexed by your critique here.

I'm going to spell this out for you if you need to. Claiming no target IS the best strategic option for this reason: When you give cover mafia is in a position to know you are lying if you name one of them and say they are a dentist. Ok, just realized I was going to end up in null, because mafia wouldn't be able to tell if I said there name because of the special check mechanism. So I could've just said the name, but it really isn't very helpful and doesn't do anything. And there's no scum motive to not do it. It was Marmot btw, if you really want to know.

I still don't get how this is even a thing. It's just not. Let me do my targeting how I want.
This was Dizzy's immediate response to the Day 3 pressure I felt, primarily from the case MP assembled against me. Dizzy's conclusion is correct, but it's also very frank -- wrong as he was, MP's case was well-conceived. I wasn't surprised after reading it that it caught on at least while I was unable to protest it. This is was the reason why my intuition suggested to me that someone defending me in spite of that case was bullshitting (which I have directly focused in Colin's direction, but can also apply to Dizzy). This also looms large later, and I'll explain why.
Are you fucking kidding me? I don't think MP was well-conceived at all. Even if he happens to be right, he didn't read that way. He read overly paranoid and freaked out. Which is something I know MP can suddenly do and I don't think it's helpful especially when I have reason to believe the player in question is town. MP's case had a lot of emotional backing from his shere force, but not the arguments. That's how I perceive it. And I remember Scotty saying exactly the same. The reason I defended you was because MP's main focal point was that HE would bus Choutas and has a history of bussing and he assumed the same for you. While MY perspective of you also from being scum with you is that you DON'T prefer bussing in this manner, which is more similar to me. I actually don't think it was a good case. Sue me. And you really think it was good?
Dizzy, in protest of the concerns I raised about his Gladys check claims, begins to waver in their continuing defense of me. This is hard for me to take seriously. When confronted with a huge MP dogpee case against me, their immediate response was a total, abject dismissal. Then, when confronted with this relatively minor concern I expressed about them, they start to freak out. Moreover, that freakout is comprised of horrendous reductions of the logic I was presenting (highlighted in yellow). That is garbage.
Ew. I have not been freaking out, please. I won't apologize for how I reacted to MP's case. I wanted MP to calm the fuck down. I still think your accusation says nothing. Here:
There is no logical failure in this assertion:

"If there's a bad guy in Group of People Doing X, I am inclined to suspect Dizzy".
No, there's no logical fallacy. But it amount to zero. Did you not say that Colin was the one you suspected for this? Nevermind that, both me and Colin spoke against the MP case. You say that if there's a mafia doing it, we could be suspected for it. Or we would fit that description. Whatever man. ARE we mafia or are we not? Is it suspicious or is it not? Do you really not see how your utterance is basically a non-stance from the first word on.

Also, pretty sure you said you suspected Colin out of the two of us at a point.
That is not the same thing, or even close to the same thing, as "if Dizzy is scum, then Dizzy is scum". That is offensive nonsense and I will not stand for it.
It basically is from my point. You can disagree all you want. I UNDERSTAND that you were trying to say something with it. You're pointing to a possible scenario. I'm questioning the way you frame it. Why not just assess the defenses on their own merit. Maybe I got wrapped up in semantics, but the statement makes no sense to me still. Sue me again.
The orange bit is even worse. What is the point of stating that someone defending you may be engaging in TMI? -- WHAT? Allow me to translate: What is the point of expressing a suspicion you have about a thing? "If the person doing this thing I find suspicious is mafia, then that person is mafia". This is the reduction being attributed to me, and it is bullshit.
No, I'm genuinely wondering how you framed it. Try again: Am I engaging in TMI for not believing in MP's case?
I acknowledge that this may all be miscommunication or something. So say your piece if you care to Dizzy, but for the moment this is the worst stuff in your post history to me.
It's the way you said this that made no sense to me. I realize it's technical, and maybe too technical. I didn't even think it was that important at the time, it was just annoying because it hurt my brain. To me it sounded like (and still does actually - "If there are mafia among these two people that defended me, they have engaged in TMI". What is helpful about that? I sincerely wonder. IS it TMI or not. We all understand that IF any of us are mafia it probably is, but that's like "If this or this person is scum, I think their posts are pretending to be town". Can you at least try to see it from that angle before you call it bullshit? And when I do see it this way, it's just a very weird roundabout way to go for you.
I have to question then whether you cared about it in the first place.
Think I touched about this over. Not as much as you (maybe) seemed to think I care. And maybe in an overly pedantic way, which is not uncommon for me. I've been paranoid about you when I feel we're not on the same frequency, and I don't like that. That is how I care game-wise.
Even if you don't know how to approach the concern I have presented, there's no good reason to shoot it down. I was trying to encourage thoroughness, and Dizzy shit on that.
Yes. I also wondered whether it was genuine or not. I was in the mood for shitting, particularly on you. It's still pretty silly if you ask me. I've never been of the opinion that you can tell different scum roles from each other based on play. My type of role doesn't dictate my play at all.
What is your point?
That I don't like it and that makes me sad and confused. Now I miss MP.

---

Is this your case? I can not express how much I feel these are non issues actually. I feel I've been very much totally open this game, and I don't know if it should really be that hard to read me town. Maybe I'm wrong. I find you hypocraticial if you're going to use the kills as a defense and not consider it for me. I can promise you I would not kill neither Nova or Kyle. I foresaw to vote Nova day 2, it was lol that he was killed. Kyle was not PT and didn't do shit. I would kill you and MP first thing. Yeah, I realize I would not be the only one making a decision. And yeah, I realize that wifom blah blah blah. I'm saying this to make it easier for you. I also sincerely was not aware that there was an unlynchable mafia until day 2 or whenever this was. I realize this is also wifom and I could fake that and all, but why bother. Plus, I'm just town. Duh. Anyway. Thanks for at least laying out your concerns. I prefer that to you or anyone saying "they're open to me being scum" or have in the PoE and I'm like whyyyy.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Lapluie
]
aubergine
Will read through all the bigger cases and think more and stuff later. But I have to go now.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:47 am My gut is still telling me to vote for Colin, and I might. The case against him might be difficult to construct, but that's to his credit for assembling a hard work post history. His treatment of me, largely focused on what Marmot just highlighted, is one of the worst-looking things in this game to me.

I also note that nobody seems to trust lapluie right now. I would love to hear someone provide a case for her being a civilian.
I had lap solidly at the bottom of my list the whole game, but I backed off after reading through a little bit of Mortal Kombat and seeing a night and day difference between the content. Granted, lap could be easily bucking that expectation (especially because the posts in there seemed much more effortful than in here) so she’s not cleared entirely in my mind and I can’t think of anything she’s done to really earn civ credit.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:47 am My gut is still telling me to vote for Colin, and I might. The case against him might be difficult to construct, but that's to his credit for assembling a hard work post history. His treatment of me, largely focused on what Marmot just highlighted, is one of the worst-looking things in this game to me.

I had lap solidly at the bottom of my list the whole game, but I backed off after reading through a little bit of Mortal Kombat and seeing a night and day difference between the content. Granted, lap could be easily bucking that expectation (especially because the posts in there seemed much more effortful than in here) so she’s not cleared entirely in my mind and I can’t think of anything she’s done to really earn civ credit.
She was town in MK... I'm not quite following your thought process.

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention], good point about lap's focus on Marmot -- could maybe say the same about her and Quin, they've kind of been talking about each other a lot and that also reminds me of FE (both of them were on my team and basically all of us were at each other's throats all game, it was a major bus fest lol.)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm traveling and doing some fun stuff today and tomorrow so I don't know how much I'll be around and I only have my phone with me, but I'll check in when I can especially before EOD.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Quin »

ya I'm not going to have the time to do anything before EoD. It's 11pm now and I'll be spending tomorrow making up over 120 graphs for work :noble:

I'll just be voting within my PoE pool.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:41 am This has quietly become the second-most active heist we've ever had on The Syndicate by total post count (behind another G-Man game, RED vs. BLUE). :clap:
I don't think a game approaches such a mark quietly. :p

What is it with my heist games anyway? BLUE vs. RED sits at #4 on the all-time heist post count as well. That's all three of my heists in the top four. Mad Max set a record for speed game post count (which Mountain Mafia broke) when it ran. Why do you people post so much during my games? Perhaps it's karma for all my screwy posting antics when I play.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:41 am This has quietly become the second-most active heist we've ever had on The Syndicate by total post count (behind another G-Man game, RED vs. BLUE). :clap:

What is it with my heist games anyway? BLUE vs. RED sits at #4 on the all-time heist post count as well. That's all three of my heists in the top four. Mad Max set a record for speed game post count (which Mountain Mafia broke) when it ran. Why do you people post so much during my games? Perhaps it's karma for all my screwy posting antics when I play.
Right there with ya. I've also hosted some of the higher post count heists, and holy crap, I didn't realize Mountain Mafia had accumulated quite that number of posts. Over 6k posts? Jesus. :eek:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention], what's your read on Jimmy, and did it change after you responded to his case against you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 am

She was town in MK... I'm not quite following your thought process.

@Dyslexicon, good point about lap's focus on Marmot -- could maybe say the same about her and Quin, they've kind of been talking about each other a lot and that also reminds me of FE (both of them were on my team and basically all of us were at each other's throats all game, it was a major bus fest lol.)
Oh, wow, you’re right. I have no idea how I mixed that up. Looks like I need to re-evaluate. What game was she scum in?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am I've gone back and forth on Charlie. His contributions to this game have come when he's taken heat, and despite his low activity (by his standards) and use of baseball metaphors, he's still taken to bashing others' playstyle, namely MP.
Can I get some more input on this comment I made, and also on Charlie in general?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:05 am
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am I've gone back and forth on Charlie. His contributions to this game have come when he's taken heat, and despite his low activity (by his standards) and use of baseball metaphors, he's still taken to bashing others' playstyle, namely MP.
Can I get some more input on this comment I made, and also on Charlie in general?
Is bashing others’ playstyles alignment indicative for him?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:11 am
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:05 am
Is bashing others’ playstyles alignment indicative for him?
No, I've seen him bash on players before, especially those who post a ton, heck he even hosted a game where you couldn't post more than 4 times in a day phase. But this posting based on a theme with baseball metaphors is new to me. So is being one of the lowest posters in the game.

My main qualm is my first point, is that it looks like he's posting more when under fire, and he doesn't look like a player who wants to solve the game. I didn't expect it on Day 1, but it's Day 4 now, and that's intent hasn't shown up, something I would expect from him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am
G-Man wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 am

Right there with ya. I've also hosted some of the higher post count heists, and holy crap, I didn't realize Mountain Mafia had accumulated quite that number of posts. Over 6k posts? Jesus. :eek:
:keys: :keys:
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

Marmot
Colin
Quin
Are not dentists.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am @Dyslexicon, what's your read on Jimmy, and did it change after you responded to his case against you?
I don't really know. And I don't want to think about it too hard. The accusations are icky, and I don't understand what he takes issue with. The semantic thing, maybe. But the cover thing, no. And if that is it considering everything, I don't know if he's really that suspicious. I'm wary of drawing conclusions based on this. I always think I'm obvious town.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:00 am Also going to [VOTE: Colin] aubergine. Y'all should try it too.
I don’t think I buy your suspicion of me. I think it’s very likely that you just saw a convenient opportunity to parrot somebody else’s point and you’re clinging onto it for dear life.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

You know what.

I'm making my mind up.

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Before this lynch gets out of hand, I'm Keith Shover.

I targeted Colin on Night 1.
I targeted Kyle on Night 2.
I targeted no one on Night 3.

I'm not sure of my own availability today, and I'm clearly the wagon leader, so I'm claiming now. Above are links to bread crumbs I left in the thread as to who I protected each night (although unfortunately, my attempt on Kyle failed). :sigh:

Anyway, shift your eyes elsewhere town. There's no scum here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] ok thanks for that information, maybe we can work & find out whos scum.
The other two names listed above, got any idea?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Voting for colin for now
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lapluie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm @Marmot ok thanks for that information, maybe we can work & find out whos scum.
What do you mean by the other two names listed above?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 pm
lapluie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm @Marmot ok thanks for that information, maybe we can work & find out whos scum.
What do you mean by the other two names listed above?
Quin & colin aren't dentists
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Updated POE:

Dizzy
Colin
Charlie

I think it’s the latter two. Epi’s civilian read on Colin is bogus.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh I see, the other two players with votes.

I have a suspicion of Colin because of that one icky post. I want to lynch Jay because his case on me is crap and the case that I'm town is far stronger than what he's put together and voted me for. And I want to lynch Charlie because he doesn't care about the roof. Those are my thoughts right now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:11 pm Oh I see, the other two players with votes.

I have a suspicion of Colin because of that one icky post. I want to lynch Jay because his case on me is crap and the case that I'm town is far stronger than what he's put together and voted me for. And I want to lynch Charlie because he doesn't care about the roof. Those are my thoughts right now.
The case that you are town didn’t become stronger until 5 minutes ago.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Itd make sense for colin to vote marmot then wouldn't it :confused:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lapluie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:33 am Marmot
Colin
Quin
Are not dentists.
Between these two, I'd go with Colin.

Unfortunately, 5 of the other 8 players in the game (not including me) are not dentists, so the odds that both Colin and Quin are scum is low, but still increased if you know they aren't dentists.

Quin had no reason to defend me when he did. I'm mildly pinged by of that, but I'm more suspicious of Colin.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If I am interpreting G-Man’s posts correctly, I have serious qualms with Marmot’s claim.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 pm If I am interpreting G-Man’s posts correctly, I have serious qualms with Marmot’s claim.
What is it in G-Man's posts that make you doubt my claim?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 pm If I am interpreting G-Man’s posts correctly, I have serious qualms with Marmot’s claim.
Please expand.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

claiming is legal here
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Easter Mafia [DO NOT POST]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Whoever Keith is, I think they noticed the point about claiming at your own peril and wisely have refrained.
G-Man wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:27 pm CIVVIES:
Civvies are divided into two overlapping groups:

CHRISTIANS:
Keith Shover- Founder and head pastor of New Dominion Independent Bible Church. Each night he can make an intercessory prayer capable of protecting other Christians. His power cannot protect anyone who is just a dentist or mafia. He is not told if his protections are successful or not.
The key words in that description should be “other Christians” — as in, not Keith Shover. Meaning he can now be easily killed, and then we lose our last line of defense.

Marmot, if you really are the doc, why would you expose yourself like this? Why would you willingly throw out the best line of defense we have against the scum?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mmm ok so lap and marmot claimed, this changes my poe. [VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine for now, might switch to Colin
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Easter Mafia [DO NOT POST]

Post by Marmot »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:20 pm Whoever Keith is, I think they noticed the point about claiming at your own peril and wisely have refrained.
G-Man wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:27 pm CIVVIES:
Civvies are divided into two overlapping groups:

CHRISTIANS:
Keith Shover- Founder and head pastor of New Dominion Independent Bible Church. Each night he can make an intercessory prayer capable of protecting other Christians. His power cannot protect anyone who is just a dentist or mafia. He is not told if his protections are successful or not.
The key words in that description should be “other Christians” — as in, not Keith Shover. Meaning he can now be easily killed, and then we lose our last line of defense.

Marmot, if you really are the doc, why would you expose yourself like this? Why would you willingly throw out the best line of defense we have against the scum?
I can't protect anyone if I'm lynched. :[

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Better mafia to nightkill a confirmed civilian power role than for town to mislynch a civilian power role. We need to use the lynch on the scum.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm Better mafia to nightkill a confirmed civilian power role than for town to mislynch a civilian power role. We need to use the lynch on the scum.
Unless you’re just buying time because you want to get civ numbers down before you’re outed as Caebernog.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:23 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm Better mafia to nightkill a confirmed civilian power role than for town to mislynch a civilian power role. We need to use the lynch on the scum.
Unless you’re just buying time because you want to get civ numbers down before you’re outed as Caebernog.
What do you suppose we should do with Marmot if nobody counterclaims Keith Shover?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ok, if you're Keith Shover and you're in my shoes with a 4 to 2 to 1 lead in the lynch poll and every player except for one voicing an interest in lynching you, what do you do?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:25 pm
What do you suppose we should do with Marmot if nobody counterclaims Keith Shover?
I fully expect Keith to not claim. I support that decision, and it’s why I’m now 100% convinced he’s scum.

The only way a scum would be brazen enough to fakeclaim, though, is if they know they won’t be lynched. (I would think, anyway.) So whether we want to use the lynch to confirm that ... idk. I don’t know where we sit numbers-wise if we change the phase-patters until LYLO like that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 pm I fully expect Keith to not claim. I support that decision, and it’s why I’m now 100% convinced he’s scum.
I don't understand this. You're convinced Marmot is lying because you're also convinced Keith wouldn't claim. Is that correct?

If so, under what circumstances should Keith claim?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Colin, if you're not counterclaiming Keith, it's probably prudent to believe and not lynch marmot.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”