Outpost 31 {GAME OVER}

Moderator: Community Team

So what did you think?

It was out of this world!
17%
Eh, it wasn't really my thing.
17%
I wanna torch G-Man with a flamethrower.
67%

Total votes: 6
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 245

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

Time to Re-ISO everyone, review the cases made today, and prepare for my final decision. May God have mercy on your souls.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

INH is now making me like him more with his Colin post. Meh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin is extremely apathetic but not really in a scummy way imo. He is not trying, and that could be for a million personal reasons. Scum normally tries to look civ.

Luna or Colin might be better lynches since they are actually trying, and whether that is legit or not is up to debate.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think Speed’s interpretation of me is the most suspect because he was teamed with me in Hydra and saw my lazy ass in real life. He knows better, but goes from feeling “unsure” about me to this:
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:21 pm Oh, okay. Colin is obviously bad but I'll let someone else case him. I'm pretty sure I don't need the cred.

Someone step up and case Colin. Don't make me do it.
once he sees there’s considerable traction against me. Note also that I’ve voiced (admittedly limp) suspicion against him. So I guess this + my earlier posts are my case on Speed. Flip flop again motherfuckers.

[VOTE: speed] aubergine
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:44 pm INH is now making me like him more with his Colin post. Meh.
Yeah, I do think he should know better too but it wasn’t as disagreeable as I expected. It’s a clear train of thought for him.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:46 pm Quin is extremely apathetic but not really in a scummy way imo. He is not trying, and that could be for a million personal reasons. Scum normally tries to look civ.

Luna or Colin might be better lynches since they are actually trying, and whether that is legit or not is up to debate.
Inb4 DDL and Colin know each other are assimilated?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm I'm with Quin. Townreading:

speedchuck
Quin
Elohcin
sprityo
DharmaHelper

Dunno about:
ColinIsCool
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Lunalee
novaselinenever
poutanko
Turnip Head

Been busy but I'm ready to play today. Let me find someone to case.
I don't think I've done anything particularly admirable but

I mean I left a vote on you all day yesterday with the justification of 'you exist'

no comprehendo
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DDL and Quin I meant.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:46 pm Quin is extremely apathetic but not really in a scummy way imo. He is not trying, and that could be for a million personal reasons. Scum normally tries to look civ.

Thanx for asking

I've been phone posting mostly atm. My IP has gone to shit. Also it's cold and I have no desire to leave my bed.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:50 pm DDL and Quin I meant.
lol can't wait for you to not torch either of us to find out
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanx for asking

I've been phone posting mostly atm. My IP has gone to shit. Also it's cold and I have no desire to leave my bed.
Temperature in Quinsland: 22°C.

Are you made of snow or something?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Honestly, if I were to just consider my own gut and the evidence as I see it and ignore what everyone else has worked on today I would just torch you. You're here and posting (as I've shown) and yet you're not helping the town at all. You expect me or anyone to believe that in 2 days you have nothing to add but Yucks. Nah son.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have to piss and I have 3 hours to finish this big ass post I'm working on.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:59 pm
Honestly, if I were to just consider my own gut and the evidence as I see it and ignore what everyone else has worked on today I would just torch you. You're here and posting (as I've shown) and yet you're not helping the town at all. You expect me or anyone to believe that in 2 days you have nothing to add but Yucks. Nah son.
I mean that's cool and all and you can do what you want but I've got no intention of fabricating my reads to please the big boss with the flamethrower

that's ignoring the fact that I've given far more Yums which you conveniently ignore under the pretense that they're worthless.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:38 pm This is firefly all over again :stare:

Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that every one just blew their mind?
:consoling: There there my child, luv will find u
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 pm
I mean that's cool and all and you can do what you want but I've got no intention of fabricating my reads to please the big boss with the flamethrower

that's ignoring the fact that I've given far more Yums which you conveniently ignore under the pretense that they're worthless.
No you haven't and if you have please show your work. I don't give a rats nut about "HONKA DONKA I TOWNREAD SO-AND-SO" with no context or purpose.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:14 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 pm

No you haven't and if you have please show your work. I don't give a rats nut about "HONKA DONKA I TOWNREAD SO-AND-SO" with no context or purpose.
sounds like a you problem.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin you have a little over 3 hours to read what has been a very productive Day 2 and offer your thoughts. If you don't, why are you playing?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm Quin you have a little over 3 hours to read what has been a very productive Day 2 and offer your thoughts. If you don't, why are you playing?
You can fuck right off.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:27 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm Quin you have a little over 3 hours to read what has been a very productive Day 2 and offer your thoughts. If you don't, why are you playing?
You can fuck right off.
Old me would have deleted the post he'd been working on for the past hour or so and just PMed G-Man to torch you for this post alone but new me isn't going to do that. When you wanna participate in the game and not be mean and belligerent you let me know and I'll indulge you again but for now Quin doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned so nobody ask me about him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Hey quinnie I hope you don't mind if I reach between your buttcheeks and pull that big ol stick out for ya :kadaj:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

After all of todays events I still feel the most sure about my vote for jackypoo

No one's cased the turnip yet

I take that as a positive sign that I'm getting the next crack at the flamethrower :keys:
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 pm After all of todays events I still feel the most sure about my vote for jackypoo

No one's cased the turnip yet

I take that as a positive sign that I'm getting the next crack at the flamethrower :keys:
Me you and DH can all just pass it between us

We can consider Speedchuck I guess :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

God this post is taking so long why did I tell myself I'd do this lol

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 59

Post by speedchuck »

It's called quindar, Quin. Cmon
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Colin -
Cased: N/A
Cased By: INH
My Thoughts: I already suspected Colin from his waffley attitude yesterday. Reading INH's case he makes a good point about how he (Colin) Town-reads Luna and then dunks on her a couple posts later after his awful "Someone please feed me the DDL case" post. Since coming in he's made some effort and gone at Speedchuck. Colin is in danger of getting torched.

DDL -
Cased: INH
Cased By: Chuck
My Thoughts: Chuck's case isn't as good as some of the others I've read today. By his own admission, even. His mini INH case is noteworthy because the foundation there is "INH uses flowery, fence-sitting language" but DDL's own language in the case itself is pretty flowery and fence sitting. "Something about these posts feels a little bit on-the-fence" Ok this isn't huge but it pinged me a little.. And now more recently he's backed off of INH with INH's Colin case being what it is. If I believed in Rainbow Lists, DDL would be a stark yellow. Not as high on my priority list as yesterday but he's working on a third strike.

Eloh -
Cased: Nope
Cased by: Nova
My thoughts: Nova's case essentially boils down to (and please correct me if I got a wrong impression) "Eloh is bad because she's 1) Faking contributing with stuff like "Hey here's how the kill rotation works" 2) Fabricated her read on Luna so she'd have someone to dial in on 3) Using false or squirelly language like "thats weird" and "I'd be surprised if she flipped civ". It's a solid case and I myself found Eloh's D1 posts to read as possibly false. I so much as said she looked like she was trying to contribute for the sake of it. Onto D2, she refuses to participate in the Negan Exercise but has otherwise contributed. Seems to be tunnelling Luna still, but her explanation of her D1 activity reads more true to me than the D1 activity itself. Not gonna torch Eloh.

INH:
Cased: Colin
Cased By: DDL
My Thoughts: Really the only update here from my earlier ISO of INH is his read on Colin, which is pretty good. He did what was asked of him to do, and he did a good job of it. Speed's look at INH didn't yield anything worth pulling the trigger. Hard pass on torching INH.

Jack:
Cased: No
Cased By: TH
My thoughts: I was meh on Jack D1 and he's done nothing to shift that opinion in D2. Promised to case Quin but didn't. Very much in the abstract of the game right now with mechanics talk and such. TH's case on him wasn't the strongest, I probably won't torch Jack.

Luna:
Cased: Quin Eventually
Cased By: poutanko kinda
My Thoughts: With lots of people on the board to case, Luna initially cased Poutanko. Its not really a "case" so much as looking at one post and promising to come back for more, but then Poutanko confronts her about it and she backs off saying she doesn't even think Poutanko is scum. When I whipped her into shape she ISOed Colin and Quin (Two players I'm strongly considering Torching) Lands on Quin, saying that Colin basically could be doing more as a civ leader-esque player. I can see the merit in torching Luna, tbqh.

Nova:
Cased: Eloh
Cased by:Sprityo
My thoughts: I already said I liked some of but not all of Sprityo's case. In particular Sprityo says nova didn't give a reason for his Eloh vote, but he kinda-sorta did tho? Not the strongest reason, and a pretty bleh one, but it was there. I see some of the "lazy playing" Sprityo talks about. And I do see Nova being a Demotivator as Sprityo suggests. That being said I think since D2 Nova has done a lot more contributing and I disagree with the "coasting" accusation in the Sprityo case. Also nova does an icky defense of Luna here That, when considering both Luna and Nova have pretty decent suspicions against them and the likelyhood that 2 assimilated know who each other are, compounds a potential case to torch Nova. Difficult to take Nova's side in the ensuing Sprityo/Nova back and forth when he says he's not being dismissive or negative in the same post that he says "Thats a [pretty disgusting lie]" and "You can believe it though if it makes you feel better about yourself", tacking on that last "if it makes you feel better about yourself" reads like a gut-jab. Probably not going to torch Nova today.

Poutanko:
Cased: Luna?
Cased By: Nobody?
My Thoughts: No offense meant to Luna, but her case of Poutanko (which she admits is essentially nothing) is...essentially, nothing. Pout didn't "technically" participate in the exercise, but has been putting out reads and participating all day so no harm no foul really. Makes a good couple of reads on Luna and Eloh, but wants to torch either Jack or Eloh. Not sure why Jack slipped in there, but I really don't have any reason to torch Poutanko so I won't.

Quin:
Cased: No
Cased By: Quin Eventually
My Thoughts: Quin has the 5th highest post count and has not presented a case against anyone D1 or D2. His D1 vote was for Chuck, for no discernible reason. If I were just going off my own feelings I'd torch Quin but I've got to center myself. Quin's play or lack thereof can't be a distraction from actually hunting. If I do torch Quin it'll be because I wasn't able to convince myself to pull the trigger on anyone else.

Speed:
Cased: DDL
Cased By: Colin said he would, but sorta just voted for Speed without much leg-work.
My thoughts: As I said, Speed's DDL case is middling. I'm also curious to see him expand on "Colin is obviously bad" and not willing to give him a pass on "someone else prove how Colin is bad" past today because its in my rules that he's locked into DDL and I don't want him to feel like he'll get torched for switching from DDL to Colin. I don't want to torch Chuck, but he's like one or two or three steps from the edge of the cliff suspicion-wise. Good effort today, if it continues into N2/D3 I'll be pleased, and if it doesn't Chuck will find himself at or near the top of my list.

Sprityo:
Cased: Nova
Cased By: Nobody
My Thoughts: I've already covered my thoughts RE: Nova/Sprityo, I like the level of effort Sprityo put into today and I think it makes up for the lack of effort he put into D1. Not gonna torch Sprityo.

Turnip Head:
Cased: Jack
Cased By: Nobody
My thoughts: TH feels blendy to me. No smoking gun yet, but I'm not comfortable. the Jack case was funny but like I said, the meat got lost in the humor for me. Not gonna torch TH though.
All that to say, ladies and gentlemen your finalists for today's Torch Lighting Ceremony are:
Colin/Luna
Quin
DDL
Jack

ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 43

Post by novaselinenever »

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I voted for Dr. Wilgy so I don't get modkilled for not voting.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If I get torched, look at everyone who suspected me as well as the people who have illustriously led us to 2 town torchings against any clear public consensus.
novaselinenever
Hitman

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm If I get torched, look at everyone who suspected me as well as the people who have illustriously led us to 2 town torchings against any clear public consensus.
:ponder:

A bit too dramatic no?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I've already made my decision I just thought I'd let the thread know where my head was at.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Looks like it's gonna be a slow burn
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm If I get torched, look at everyone who suspected me as well as the people who have illustriously led us to 2 town torchings against any clear public consensus.
:ponder:

A bit too dramatic no?
No
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm Gives a "busy" excuse for not doing more. In my opinion, Colin has not lived up to his "town-leader" hype.
I don’t want to be a town leader. I signed up for this game like 3 months ago and I am considerably busier than I was then. I’ll do my best to contribute, but I’m not here to bulldoze.
okay? I thought you said this:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 am Coming in hot with a desire to lead the town
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:57 pm I've already made my decision I just thought I'd let the thread know where my head was at.
pls don't lynch me.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 26

Post by G-Man »

--------------------------------

Lunalee is dead. She was human.

It is now Night 2.

The assimilated's nightkill PM and all votes for Day 3's flamethrower are due by 9:00 pm EST tomorrow night.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Re: Outpost 31- NIGHT 2

Post by Lunalee »

:haha:
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Boo.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:16 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm Gives a "busy" excuse for not doing more. In my opinion, Colin has not lived up to his "town-leader" hype.
I don’t want to be a town leader. I signed up for this game like 3 months ago and I am considerably busier than I was then. I’ll do my best to contribute, but I’m not here to bulldoze.
okay? I thought you said this:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 am Coming in hot with a desire to lead the town
In case anyone else misinterpreted this, this was a response to a question by Speed
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well shit. Lame result but overall I think today was a good day discussion/suspicion-wise. TBH That later day stuff has me out of my head a little bit so I'll probably take tomorrow to re calibrate. Damn.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

bummer
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

To keep Sprityo's tradition of passing the Torch alive I'll officially endorse TH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Third time might be the one. Fingers crossed!

Let me be your hero my fellow townies. No exercises, no voting ultimatum, just some good old democracy and freedom. Nova with a flamethrower is one of you, one of us. I'll follow the lynch poll, and my suspects do not take priority over yours. The only instance where my word would decide is in case of a tie in the lynchpoll.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'll be around a LOT more on the weekdays.

Food for thought: The mafia targeted mafia last night. If we do a little nightkill analysis, it prompts the question: Who would the sk/mafia nightkill in this situation? Who would they have no reason to target?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:47 pm I'll be around a LOT more on the weekdays.

Food for thought: The mafia targeted mafia last night. If we do a little nightkill analysis, it prompts the question: Who would the sk/mafia nightkill in this situation? Who would they have no reason to target?
Some possibilities I guess:

If the Killer was new or had history with a new/off-site non-syndicater they could have targeted within that circle. Nova, Pout, that crowd.

If the killer didn't want to ruffle feathers, they could have gone with a low or non-poster like Doc or Jack or Colin or DDL

If the killer wanted to cut a high poster/contributor, Me, Sprityo, TH fit that bill.

Of course with a rotating kill, kill analysis is gonna be tricky, made 10x trickier without a dead mafia to potentially work off of.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I think tomorrow, we should have enough material to work with to do a majority lynch case.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

My friends I know it’s be nice to vote TH, but also remember that I am a valid candidate for the flamethrower :D
Banners:
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ve thought on it and I don’t think Sprit would have tried to get the flamethrower if he is bad. DH would, although he would do it either way. The song and dance yesterday was a good way to stir up discussion but also could have been a devious ploy to get townies to suspect other townies and to take advantage of others’ cases.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper
Elohcin
poutanko
Quin
sprityo

I am treating the above five as town until I have a reason not to do so. DH is probably the weakest of those 5 townreads since I can see him campaigning like he did even as scum, but his implementation was REALLY pro-town when it didn't have to be.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So I don't want the flanethrower that much, but if you guys give it to me, I intend to follow the poll unless I'm reading the lead as civ really hard. I don't really feel good about calling lynches myself, but I usually feel good about my civ reads.

Maybe also try one of those GTH things or something.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”