An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 4)

Moderator: Community Team

Who king hit the poor cunt?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Dom
40%
Epignosis
No votes
Lady LambdaDelta
No votes
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Host/Dead/Spec
60%

Total votes: 10
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 1)

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] why did you not vote?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 pm Yeah, if the Tony lynch was uniquely scum orchestrated it means that both Jack and nutella are bad. Nah.

There could easily be one or two bad guys on any of the wagons though. I come out of this lynch feeling worse about Michelle.
You were the one who convinced me that Tony looked bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 pm Yeah, if the Tony lynch was uniquely scum orchestrated it means that both Jack and nutella are bad. Nah.

There could easily be one or two bad guys on any of the wagons though. I come out of this lynch feeling worse about Michelle.
And?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:37 pm I’m pretty sure this is solid reasoning. I think on probability people who take lines like Michelle are more likely scum and people who take lines like Sloonei are more likely town.
Disagree? Y/N
Yes about me.
I thought is wolfy that you're doing the math day 1 because this may be a thing to pose in town carring.

Also I disagree with any playstyle comparison.

Sloonei's post was townish by itself and the mention of him being probably asleep at Eod and honestly pointing that his vote will last, I think this is villagery.

So you take my post and his post, make a comparison and find me scum? This is scumtactic from you and I notice a bad progression of you on me.
Michelle's progression on Tony loses me a bit. She deems my play "townish" while contrasting it to Tony's "wolfy" play, but I don't know what qualifies either of our actions to earn those labels. In particular, I'm not sure why it's suspicious for Tony to have an eye on the math involved in this game. It makes sense to want to know how many mislynches we have available to us. (Preemptive note: I called Tony out for the apparent emptiness of his mechanics talk, not for the mechanics talk itself).

Michelle's read of Tony here doesn't look like it amounts to much more than hand-waving. "You did a thing and that's bad", with no justification of why she feels that way.
Michelle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:27 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:17 pm There is so little to pry on here.
Rainbowish from memory:

Me
Jack
Dom
DF
Sloonei
Sabie
LC
G-Man
——————————
Epi
Michelle
Nutella
Sloonei lower than DF in these reads comes as odd for me, Tony never said nothing about DF as town iirc while he had a post comparing me and Sloonei.

And Quin is missing :thinking:

Lot of reads coming out of nowhere, and his agenda for me is visible.
I could say the exact same about you, Michelle.
Michelle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:36 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:37 am I didn’t know Quin was in the game until after I posted the list. And I really appreciate how you think my agenda is visible because of the positioning of two people. What’s my agenda? Save my teammate DF? Lynch Sloonei? Well if my agenda is lynch Sloonei then why did I say he was townier than you? That would have been a mistake.
your agenda is to shade me. I think your attitude towards Sloonei is pockety .
We now know that Tony was not nefariously angling to shade Michelle, and I don't think this was an accurate read in the moment either. Tony is being lynched here, with the counterwagons of Jack and nutella. He's hard defending Jack and advocating for a nutella lynch. There isn't much reason for an evil Tony to start devoting energy to shading and antagonizing a civilian Michelle in this moment. He would be trying to convince her to change her vote.

If I'd been awake I expect that my vote would have moved, but there's no use saying that now. I'm not a fan of Michelle's progression here.

[mention]Michelle[/mention] why did you feel like Tony's actions were "wolfy"? What specifically made you feel that way about him, and why did you think his agenda was visible? Who are your next suspects going into Day 2?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 65

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:49 pm @G-Man why did you not vote?
Nodded off on the couch after company left late last night, and I didn’t set an alarm to wake me up before the deadline. I hadn’t ISO’d everyone by the time I had to start making dinner, so I held my vote until later. Later just never came.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 pm
Nodded off on the couch after company left late last night, and I didn’t set an alarm to wake me up before the deadline. I hadn’t ISO’d everyone by the time I had to start making dinner, so I held my vote until later. Later just never came.
I believe this.
Who do you think you would have voted for based on the ISOs you did do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:52 pm

And?
And so I don't know why you only name those two players in the scum orchestrated Lynch, shouldn't your name be on that list as well?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:57 pm

And?
And so I don't know why you only name those two players in the scum orchestrated Lynch, shouldn't your name be on that list as well?
No. I name them because in order for the Tony lynch to have made sense as a mafia team orchestration, that would have to mean that there were no civilian bandgwagons available prior to him. Therefore nutella and jack were both mafia wagons. I do not believe that to be the case.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:57 pm

And?
No. I name them because in order for the Tony lynch to have made sense as a mafia team orchestration, that would have to mean that there were no civilian bandgwagons available prior to him. Therefore nutella and jack were both mafia wagons. I do not believe that to be the case.
Yes, thank you, I did get that a bit after I last posted. I don't remember who pushed the Tony wagon most, but I assume it wasn't Jack and nutella, which I thought you were implying. The last part of the day happened while I was at work, and I don't specifically recall the Tony details.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Most of the tony votes seem to have piled in while I was asleep. I think it was just sabie and I on him when I left for the night. I've talked about why I don't like Michelle's progression. Let's look at Dom and Epi because I'm bored with my school reading right now.

Dom:
Dom wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:04 pm Some Tony things:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 am I haven’t played a game with a setup like this is a while lemme recap for myself. Three bad lynches allowed, find scum within six days.
Why does this post exist? Michelle also called him out for this but my beef is slightly different. It's not that he's doing math, it's that he's putting these words into the thread. They're isolated, not really attached to or inviting in any further discussion. He just plopped some cursory mechanical chatter into the thread and moved on.

His progression on Dom also looks strange. Is strange bad? Let's see.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:48 pm I don't want to lynch Dom right now. That makes me paranoid.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:55 pm nutella, you've said that you're good at reading Dom in the past I think. What should I think here?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:07 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:10 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:55 pm nutella, you've said that you're good at reading Dom in the past I think. What should I think here?
I think he's town. He's doing his typical thing of gathered reactions to lots of little things.
Okay thanks for your opinion.

anyone want to dissent?
I do not know what the initial stance on Dom is supposed to reflect. Do Tony and Dom have a particular history together where the former tends to suspect the latter? He then calls on nutella to offer her allegedly expert read, indicating that Tony doesn't have a particular history with Dom, but then beckons anyone else to disagree with her. In all of this, Tony has done nothing resembling independent work to read Dom. He has observed Dom's presence in the game and asked a specific player to comment on it, then he has sought dissenting opinions all across Australia.

What is your read on Dom, Tony? Does something stand out about him one way or the other? Why are you so interested in him here?
No.

And I don't like that I didn't see a response to this.
[VOTE: Tony] aubergine

Spicy
Why does Tony's supposed lack of an answer to that question warrant a final critical vote in the Day 1 poll? Does it mean anything that Tony had indeed answered the question?

This doesn't look deserving of a final vote. I can make the excuse for Dom that there weren't many strong reads going around on Day 1 at all, but at a certain point we need to start exploring why that is the case. A vote like this can be seen as complacent, for maintaining the status quo and keeping stronger reads from developing. Maybe.

Epi:
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:59 am Yeah, not voting nutella because Jack said so. :p

[VOTE: Tony Stark Prime] aubergine
There is nothing here. Epi gave us nothing to work with Day 1. I could go either way with that. I could see evil epi skating by on the knowledge that people aren't going to lynch him Day 1, knowing that the small size of this game means that he (and his team) don't need to keep us fooled for that long. This allows him to just be a stick in the mud for a few days while the civilians struggle to get off the ground. Or he's just busy and is moving his vote around whimsically as he sees fit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 190

Post by Epignosis »

Option B.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:26 pmOption B.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I might as well look at sabie's vote as well.
sabie12 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:33 am I have suspicions on all three of the people with votes. In looking through Tony's posts a lot of his focus is on jack. He makes it a point to say "if I'm nightkilled jack is scum" and that he needs a few days to figure him out subtle ways of saying dont lynch me im town without actually saying it. When he was mafia in the past his main focus of discussion was his own teammates so if they got killed off he could be like see I'm not bad. Ive seen jack do this as well. Also his post making it a point to say how many mislynches we can have was a little sketchy. I see a lot of fair points on him and he hasnt done much to counteract these points.

Jack I've expressed my suspicion on him. There's a fair amount of back and forth discussion on him but I'm still leaning towards thinking he is mafia.

Nutella can be very difficult to read as she does often follow the waves of the thread but her response to things so far hasn't made me feel confident about her being town.

This day 1 is hard there are fair points on all three. Voting tony as I feel worst about him and his efforts thus far.
I notice sabie seems to support Michelle's point about Tony's lynch math being "sketchy", but I continue to not know why that is the case. Sabie, what did you find suspicious about Tony counting the number of mislynches? And how does this lynch change the way you see Jack and nutella, if at all?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Note: Lady LambdaDelta is also a player in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:24 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 pm
I believe this.
Who do you think you would have voted for based on the ISOs you did do?
Nobody that I ISO’d left me feeling civvie vibes. DF, Dom, and Epi are all still neutrals with at least one avenue for badness. Lady LambdaDelta added one post since my ISO’s but she still registers as an unknown rather than a neutral.

If I would have had to vote from those ISO’s, it would have been for Jack because he had the sketchiest content among those that I ISO’d. Some of that is by virtue of him generating the most content. I still need to ISO everyone else though, in order to give everyone a fair shake in context against each other.
My Banners:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:31 pm I might as well look at sabie's vote as well.
sabie12 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:33 am I have suspicions on all three of the people with votes. In looking through Tony's posts a lot of his focus is on jack. He makes it a point to say "if I'm nightkilled jack is scum" and that he needs a few days to figure him out subtle ways of saying dont lynch me im town without actually saying it. When he was mafia in the past his main focus of discussion was his own teammates so if they got killed off he could be like see I'm not bad. Ive seen jack do this as well. Also his post making it a point to say how many mislynches we can have was a little sketchy. I see a lot of fair points on him and he hasnt done much to counteract these points.

Jack I've expressed my suspicion on him. There's a fair amount of back and forth discussion on him but I'm still leaning towards thinking he is mafia.

Nutella can be very difficult to read as she does often follow the waves of the thread but her response to things so far hasn't made me feel confident about her being town.

This day 1 is hard there are fair points on all three. Voting tony as I feel worst about him and his efforts thus far.
I notice sabie seems to support Michelle's point about Tony's lynch math being "sketchy", but I continue to not know why that is the case. Sabie, what did you find suspicious about Tony counting the number of mislynches? And how does this lynch change the way you see Jack and nutella, if at all?
I've noticed in past games sometimes the mafia players will focus on rules and gameplay so they're participating but not really having to say any reads. I thought maybe he was trying to appear helpful to town. He also made it a point to say he needed time to read jack and if he gets killed jack probably killed him. He was focusing a lot on jack and I was thinking maybe they could be teammates based on the way I've seen both of them play when mafia in the past. Also you had made a decent case on tony that I felt made sense at the time.

I'll have to look more closely at jack and nutella.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:17 pm That sudden late surge of Tony votes wasn't suspicious at all.
You got something to say?
Say it.

...you don't have to listen to Sloonei.

I assessed the situation incorrectly. But I did that. Sloonei didn't.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 pm Note: Lady LambdaDelta is also a player in this game.
I'd err on the side of civ reading her tbh.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, I misunderstood Sloon's point, Mr Dominic.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

That's not my name. :boom:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

New ISO!

LONG CON:
-Here he sort of plays along with the LC v. nutella discussion going on in the thread. It's his first stand-out post to me, but it's not outside his character. He does dodge explaining why he thinks Jack is suspicious for his slam on DFaraday. But in LC's defense, he never made that a case or reason for voting for Jack.

-This is a strong, sound post. It's one of the reasons why Jack looked sketchy to me.

-I don't like that LC just brushes off nutella's ISO in this post without any details. However, this is the first time LC expressed bona fide suspicion of Jack, so I don't see how his suspicion of Jack could be compounding.

-His next few posts are interactions with Jack, which seem to ramp up and solidify LC's suspicion of him. I can't tell if this is LC just f**king around with a player who was easy to f**k around with at that point, or if he's f**king around with Jack to help give LC a reason to leave his vote on Jack.

-Soft defense of Tony. This happened hours before the apparent railroading and mislynch. It's the kind of nonchalant response that looks a little murky in hindsight.

-Then things get weird. Here he seems to attaboy Sloonei's case on Tony, lending vocal support for suspicion of Tony despite his vote staying on Jack in the end. I do agree with LC that this example of Sloonei re-interpreting Jack's misstep on DF is notable. I don't know that Jack's agreement with Sloonei's yarn reveals anything about a connection though. Then it all winds up here, and I feel a strong need to digest this specific post further.

In a nutshell, LC waited until the last few hours to really come into his own. Up to that point, he seems more on the jokey side of the spectrum. I know he can be like that, so I have to mull over the whole lot of his ISO. I see room for suspicion on LC than I did on DF, Dom, or Epi at first glance.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Need to make an ebwop:

"I do agree with LC that this example of Sloonei re-interpreting Jack's misstep on DF is notable."
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Next up-

MICHELLE:
-I understand that my request was odd, but I also think that someone deferring another person for clarification is odd. I wasn't asking for meta, but I can see how the ask was interpreted as such.

-Asking about my habits is fair game.

-Some fluff for a stretch and then this. It's a soft-ish defense of Jack. Here we find out that the most optimistic interpretation of Jack's slam on DF looks fine from another culture's point of view. But the original act was not as innocent as its being accepted here. That muddies the waters for me.

-Here she questions Tony for running the odds on the game. It's only notable because Tony ended up getting lynched. I'll have to look to see if this line of reasoning was baked into anyone else's justifications for voting Tony.

-Agreement with Jack.

-Some of her reasoning here seems shaky to me.

-Suggesting Tony has it out for her, justifying her vote for him. (In fairness, I haven't read Tony's ISO yet)

She's active at the tail end of a mislynch, but I have to see where she falls in line with all the Tony votes. Was she part of the momentum or just late on the train and tried to head off Tony working a counter-train on her? She's 100% new to me, so my confidence level cannot be high after just one day.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

NUTELLA:
-Was there ever an explanation about why she thought Tony's entrance was less than favorable? Was it Tony's first post? The combination of his first few posts? There's never any harm in keeping it loose when you walk into a game.

-She never acknowledged Sloonei's response to this question.

-[mention]nutella[/mention]: You posted this. How are you reading Michelle now? Any sign of this yet?

-[mention]nutella[/mention]- Can you clarify this post for me? Is the 'push' and the 'overly friendly invitation to play' referring to Jack's post against DF or something else? The second sentence lacks clarity to me as well.

-I don't see how Jack could be construed as buddying DF at all and yet you suggest it here. Yet, nutella does throw shade at him at the same time.

-Here is part of the lynch pressure confusion on Jack's DF post. She says Jack is suspicious for the initial post and how he tried to play it off afterwards, but I think nutella's interpretation of how he tried to play it off is wrong. She's running with the "Jack is suspicious" angle, but she's running the wrong direction with it. I never saw Jack as pushing for a DF lynch. I saw him as inviting people to be concerned about DF's participation issues in the past before he even got into the game.

-Huh?

-Good attempt to coax more information about Jack's intentions. It was the topic of the moment, so she's generating interactions here.

-Demanding too much of Sloonei too early? She was lacking in spice and takes at this point as well. This could be either encouragement of Sloonei to do his Sloon thang, but it could be slight shade to suggest that something seems off about him just 24 hours into the game.

-Hey, a Tony interaction. Did this escalate as anyone's justification for voting Tony in the end?

-Good point.

-After some poo flinging with Jack, she votes for him. It's done sort of in jest, or so it seems.

-She goes on to spar with Jack some more. All the talk of wishy-washy nutella being her meta seemed off to me earlier. For some reason, this feisty, headstrong nutella is what I remember, but it's been a while.

-You should always look at the poll before you vote. Why wouldn't you? Or am I just weird like that?

-Here she just kind of takes Slooeni's interpretation of things without comment.

-Here she speculates that either Jack or Tony are bad. [mention]nutella[/mention]- given that Tony was civvie, how do you feel about Jack now?

-And here she ponders a potential connection between Jack and Sloonei. But is it a serious one? It comes across as a casual aside (note the lol), but it could be picked up on in re-reads if one or the other flips baddie.

-Civ read on Dom.

-Soft suggestion of WIFOM from Tony.

-Late(ish) phase interaction with Tony. Her vote stayed on Jack. Did this happen just because Tony and nutella were around, or was the lynch poll a factor? (When I re-read the full thread, I'll answer that question for myself) Either way, it was part of a back-and-forth that wasn't helpful to Tony.

-Challenging the authenticity of Sloonei's reads. Fun stuff so late in the phase.

-Civ read on LC and slight civ lean for me. But how am I anything but neutral at this point? Was it the ISO's or am I more transparent than I realize?

-This is a critical post to me. It provides mindset and alternative choice.

I feel like I have a natural suspicion of nutella and that comes from playing with and against her for the best part of a decade. I think my thread re-read will put her into context better. For now, I see enough to be wary but not certain.
My Banners:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I don't think I've quite seen the specific thing I was referring to from Michelle, but I feel okay about her in general. Her questioning and reads look pretty typical.

Jack's first post about DF was the "friendly invitation to play." After that, Jack responded to something by saying like "why would I push for a DF mislynch like that if I were scum." My gripe was that he clearly hadn't been pushing on DF in a suspiciony way, and he stated as such, yet he had defensively implied it.

Yes, I do think Jack could still be bad given tony flipped town. It's not a very strong associative read in that direction though.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Not such a good look right now for...

QUIN:

-Several posts of vacant fluff.

-Here he says Jack is good. Just a gut read? We never find out more.

-Here he speculates that nutella is bad for starting the focus on Jack due to the DF aggression. But nutella didn’t start that focus. Sure, she sparred with him about it, but Quin is either wrong in his interpretation here or else he’s pinning it on her long after the fact.

Quin is cheeky son of a gun (my kids run around the house saying ‘shucky darn’ because of him) but I am left wanting so much more from his content. He fits that radar rider I’m looking out for.
My Banners:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I second Sloonei's gripes about Michelle's progression on Tony.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It occurs to me that the last time I played with Tony, I said that I couldn’t wait to play more games with him.

So then I lynched him on Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 pm Note: Lady LambdaDelta is also a player in this game.
I mean, not really.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I think [mention]Epignosis[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention] and [mention]G-Man[/mention], who all agree that I am suspicious for pinging DF when I know he isn't going to respond to it should reevalutate their reads of me because he did.

DF has more posts in this game now before the start of D2 than in the entirety of each of his last three games. In one of those games, he made it to day 6.

G-Man in particular still thinks I'm suspicious because he agrees with this idea that is obviously false.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:21 pm I don't think I've quite seen the specific thing I was referring to from Michelle, but I feel okay about her in general. Her questioning and reads look pretty typical.

Jack's first post about DF was the "friendly invitation to play." After that, Jack responded to something by saying like "why would I push for a DF mislynch like that if I were scum." My gripe was that he clearly hadn't been pushing on DF in a suspiciony way, and he stated as such, yet he had defensively implied it.

Yes, I do think Jack could still be bad given tony flipped town. It's not a very strong associative read in that direction though.
You should shoot me and claim someone is trying to frame you. Cause you can't buddy me and you can't lynch me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I do like most of G-Man's iso commentary today.

He can move from scumlean to townlean. Epi has moved down to scumlean unless he was officially already there, in which case he's just buzzing around scumlean.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I don't recall civvie Jack being so arrogant.

Though, I also dont' recall if I've played with baddie Jack. :shrug:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:30 am I don't recall civvie Jack being so arrogant.

Though, I also dont' recall if I've played with baddie Jack. :shrug:
You have. I tend to nightkill you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Mass Effect and Kirby.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Goodnight and don’t forget the reads of dead townies.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:12 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:37 pm I’m pretty sure this is solid reasoning. I think on probability people who take lines like Michelle are more likely scum and people who take lines like Sloonei are more likely town.
Disagree? Y/N
Yes about me.
I thought is wolfy that you're doing the math day 1 because this may be a thing to pose in town carring.

Also I disagree with any playstyle comparison.

Sloonei's post was townish by itself and the mention of him being probably asleep at Eod and honestly pointing that his vote will last, I think this is villagery.

So you take my post and his post, make a comparison and find me scum? This is scumtactic from you and I notice a bad progression of you on me.
Michelle's progression on Tony loses me a bit. She deems my play "townish" while contrasting it to Tony's "wolfy" play, but I don't know what qualifies either of our actions to earn those labels. In particular, I'm not sure why it's suspicious for Tony to have an eye on the math involved in this game. It makes sense to want to know how many mislynches we have available to us. (Preemptive note: I called Tony out for the apparent emptiness of his mechanics talk, not for the mechanics talk itself).

Michelle's read of Tony here doesn't look like it amounts to much more than hand-waving. "You did a thing and that's bad", with no justification of why she feels that way.
Every time I see someone doing in day 1 the math of gow many mislynches are needed I see it as a red flag. Because usually mafia are doing so, to show they care about the game and they focus on it. It's also a way of posting something. Yes I didn't make an essay about it, I posted only raw thoughts. For me writing more is not easy and I am usually catching wolves for the wrong reason. I was wrong this time but also Tony didn't cooperate with me.
At my post I received only a non answer from him.
Your post looked townish for me because you made a good analysis for the game and I resonated with it.
(I think I have to play few more years to can try to write like you tbh). And you mentioned you let your vote there and not come back, that looked not agenda-y for me.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:12 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:27 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:17 pm There is so little to pry on here.
Rainbowish from memory:

Me
Jack
Dom
DF
Sloonei
Sabie
LC
G-Man
——————————
Epi
Michelle
Nutella
Sloonei lower than DF in these reads comes as odd for me, Tony never said nothing about DF as town iirc while he had a post comparing me and Sloonei.

And Quin is missing :thinking:

Lot of reads coming out of nowhere, and his agenda for me is visible.
I could say the exact same about you, Michelle.
Michelle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:36 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:37 am I didn’t know Quin was in the game until after I posted the list. And I really appreciate how you think my agenda is visible because of the positioning of two people. What’s my agenda? Save my teammate DF? Lynch Sloonei? Well if my agenda is lynch Sloonei then why did I say he was townier than you? That would have been a mistake.
your agenda is to shade me. I think your attitude towards Sloonei is pockety .
We now know that Tony was not nefariously angling to shade Michelle, and I don't think this was an accurate read in the moment either. Tony is being lynched here, with the counterwagons of Jack and nutella. He's hard defending Jack and advocating for a nutella lynch. There isn't much reason for an evil Tony to start devoting energy to shading and antagonizing a civilian Michelle in this moment. He would be trying to convince her to change her vote.

If I'd been awake I expect that my vote would have moved, but there's no use saying that now. I'm not a fan of Michelle's progression here.

@Michelle why did you feel like Tony's actions were "wolfy"? What specifically made you feel that way about him, and why did you think his agenda was visible? Who are your next suspects going into Day 2?
The green part: he didn't do this, he was not voting me but I was from the posts understading his first suspect just he didn't move the vote. That means for me he was pleased with the wagons and I had a town read for both Jack and Nutella after their fight.
This is underexplained indeed and if you notice I posted after the mod posted the lynch, I was still in the idea of interactimg with him.
I didn't notice the Eod is so close. Midday Eod never happened for me. Even European friendly at 11 pm for me are extremely odd because MU has horrible Eods at 2-5 am for me. I thought we still have time to play.

I see the point of asking the lynching wagon about their votes and I saw you posted your own guilt about this mislynch. You passed though quick over it. Isn't the way you are accusing everyone a way to cover your own skin?

My suspects for D2

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

shit i pressed post by mistake

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

to resume, the suspects for D2 I will post later because I need to reread things.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 22

Post by MacDougall »

News flash.

This night is gonna last like 11 hrs longer so days start and end at better times for the majority.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Western hemisphere supremacy wins out again
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 am Every time I see someone doing in day 1 the math of gow many mislynches are needed I see it as a red flag. Because usually mafia are doing so, to show they care about the game and they focus on it. It's also a way of posting something. Yes I didn't make an essay about it, I posted only raw thoughts. For me writing more is not easy and I am usually catching wolves for the wrong reason. I was wrong this time but also Tony didn't cooperate with me.
Why? Can you tell me a time in another game where you caught mafia specifically doing this?
I've argued in the past that "suspecting people for talking about mechanics is more suspicious than talking about mechanics." I'm gonna stick to that here. It is not my experience that a player who talks about mechanics is more likely to be bad than good.

@Michelle why did you feel like Tony's actions were "wolfy"? What specifically made you feel that way about him, and why did you think his agenda was visible? Who are your next suspects going into Day 2?
The green part: he didn't do this, he was not voting me but I was from the posts understading his first suspect just he didn't move the vote. That means for me he was pleased with the wagons and I had a town read for both Jack and Nutella after their fight.
I know. That is my point. If Tony was bad and you were good, there would have been no strategic reason for him to try to shade you there. In that moment, you are voting for him and he is in danger of being lynched. He is interacting with you directly. If self-preservation is his top concern, he's going to try to get you to change your vote. Instead he accused you of being bad. That is a good look.
This is underexplained indeed and if you notice I posted after the mod posted the lynch, I was still in the idea of interactimg with him.
I didn't notice the Eod is so close. Midday Eod never happened for me. Even European friendly at 11 pm for me are extremely odd because MU has horrible Eods at 2-5 am for me. I thought we still have time to play.
I believe this. The Day 1 deadline was at an unusual time.
I see the point of asking the lynching wagon about their votes and I saw you posted your own guilt about this mislynch. You passed though quick over it. Isn't the way you are accusing everyone a way to cover your own skin?
Feel free to ask me any questions you have about my Day 1 vote. I'm not capable of investigating myself and I know what my motivations were anyway.
A civilian was lynched on Day 1 after I initiated a case against them. My instinct is to assume that at least one mafia followed that case. I'm trying to identify who that might be.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i hit "submit" without previewing that post. it's a miracle nothing got messed up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 am News flash.

This night is gonna last like 11 hrs longer so days start and end at better times for the majority.
Aww. I kinda liked going to bed not sure how things would turn out.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:05 am i hit "submit" without previewing that post. it's a miracle nothing got messed up.
sorry I didn't answer it was Sunday and all day I had an ugly headache. I will answer at anything in the morning (now at me is 10 pm)

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 has died. He was Rev. Terry McLeod, a vanilla townie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It is day 2. 48 hours. Sorry about the lack of effort on the flavour. It's been a hectic few days.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 2)

Post by Epignosis »

Good day Jack. :llama:

I mean, good night, Jack. :feb:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

of course lmao

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine

tell me why you aint full o shit
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 pm of course lmao

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine

tell me why you aint full o shit
I had a BM promptly at 2pm EST and have not had anything to eat since then.

Return to “Previous Heists”