Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I would gamble on there being at least one mafia in Colin/g-man/drago/tranq

At least a nickel, maybe even a whole 7 cents.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 pm G-Man before you get away can you share your reasons for suspecting Dyslexicon? Also you said this afternoon you might have some thoughts on some people tonight so I'm hoping you have a few reads.
Oompa loompa doompadee doo
I’ve got a confession here for you.
Oompa loompa doompadee dun,
My last post might be jumping the gun.

What do you get when you rush to assume?
Silly mistakes that can usher your doom.
But it’s a risk that I’m willing to take.
It’s only Day 2 for goodness sake.

It might help me interpret.

Oompa loompa doompadee dame,
Some people’s sus of me is quite lame.
Sometimes I can sniff out that poo
And catch scum in the process too!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm I would gamble on there being at least one mafia in Colin/g-man/drago/tranq

I reread some of the quieter people today, and will add Colin, I already did G and Tranq. I don't see much alarming in Tranq, even though we don't seem to see eye to eye on people. [mention]juliets[/mention] probably knows Tranq best; Jules any opinion yet on Tranq?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

Also gotta go to bed, work tomorrow then off Sunday and Monday. Later.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

Welcome back, Nook!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

G-Man wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 pm G-Man before you get away can you share your reasons for suspecting Dyslexicon? Also you said this afternoon you might have some thoughts on some people tonight so I'm hoping you have a few reads.
Oompa loompa doompadee doo
I’ve got a confession here for you.
Oompa loompa doompadee dun,
My last post might be jumping the gun.

What do you get when you rush to assume?
Silly mistakes that can usher your doom.
But it’s a risk that I’m willing to take.
It’s only Day 2 for goodness sake.

It might help me interpret.

Oompa loompa doompadee dame,
Some people’s sus of me is quite lame.
Sometimes I can sniff out that poo
And catch scum in the process too!
Ok so it looks like you're possessed.

I'll cool my jets and give you some time.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

G-Man wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm My last post might be jumping the gun.
You have. You need to turn around.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Well I'm certainly happy to be live and kicking. How about you all?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dragomir »

Is there day 2 write-up?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dragomir »

Is there a*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 pmHoly shit.
Welcome Drago.
Hi, what's going on here? I'm not gonna read 35 pages.
The most important thing to me was this:

Jack said he has read nutella right for 8 games in a row and said she was scum in this game. Many agreed with him. Some of us said she looked good. She and Master Radishes were tied in votes at 6 apiece. Jack then said he had changed his mind and it looked like votes might start sliding off nutella. Nanook had the civvie bomb role and took her out in the afternoon so that was the "lynch". She was an independent. So both of them are in "ghost mode" right now. (They can make a limited amount of on topic posts after death).

Maybe someone else can describe something else from the thread they thought was important.

linki oh dang someone else already said this, I'm posting anyway
Thanks. Based off this alone, I'ma go ahead and say Jack is scum.
I don't think my description did Jack justice. I don't know his alignment but I think you should read a little bit of what he said at least, and include the post where he walked through why he changed his mind on nutella. We were all wrong about nutella.
Except for me. :noble:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm I would gamble on there being at least one mafia in Colin/g-man/drago/tranq

I reread some of the quieter people today, and will add Colin, I already did G and Tranq. I don't see much alarming in Tranq, even though we don't seem to see eye to eye on people. @juliets probably knows Tranq best; Jules any opinion yet on Tranq?
I agree with tranq regarding his thoughts on TH but other than that I don't feel like there's anything substantial in any of his or drogos posts so far to go off of. I remember in world asunder tranq and I had btsc in the map and helped each other out til he got recruited by a mafia team and then he wasn't as involved. I think that is the only time I played with him so I'm not sure if his lack of involvement in this game is alignment indicative. Colin is meh. gman is...cursed? I'm used to seeing his spreadsheets and such but he did say he is super busy. I've misread gman for his lack of caring and participation before.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 pm

I reread some of the quieter people today, and will add Colin, I already did G and Tranq. I don't see much alarming in Tranq, even though we don't seem to see eye to eye on people. @juliets probably knows Tranq best; Jules any opinion yet on Tranq?
I wish he was here more but I'm also not alarmed by his posts even though they are few. He tried to protect me in one post and in his last post he had a similar opinion to me of Radishes, so I guess of course I wouldn't be alarmed.

I am struggling to see Colin as town. I will look at him again but I'm having a hard time finding something I would label as townie behavior.

I'll just continue on. Drago is someone who ALWAYS looks bad to me. My impression is he appeared, made a judgement on Jack based on a very short synopsis of pages and pages of behavior, and then didn't even stick around and read some of the thread. Said he'd rather do homework, lol really? However, I need some more time with him to really form an opinion.

G-Man is suspicious to me mostly because he is not posting like he usually does, but his circumstances have changed since he last played. Today he appears to be Oompa Loompa'd so I guess he will reveal his thoughts slowly. I'll be waiting.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why should I not lynch Dom Mac?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok it's time to hang out with my husband so I'll say goodnight. I should be in the thread early tomorrow and will catch up with responses and thoughts from tonight. I'll be around most of the day tomorrow.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm going to try to sort through my thoughts.

Towny people:
G-Man - He's barking at me oompa style. That is ok, because he is town.
Turnip - I've been agreeing with a lot of his (sparse) thoughts. I think he plays similar to what I've seen from him before. Seems interested in game solving. I think I like it.
Ted - I just really like his posts. His take on me is actually spot on, and now I understand his first hesitation as well. It really looks like he cares about sorting, and I like that.

Scummy people:
Radish - We should make a meme for this, but I really just think he's scum. Sorry, Radish. And I hope I'm right.

I guess that's it for real leans tbh. But there's a bunch of people that very well could be scum. And then there's someone I have a lot of feelings about, but those feelings are mixed.

Could be scum, sure:
Colin - I just kind of agree he's been meh.
Speed - Same meh.
Jimmay - I get creepy vibes that makes me cry.
Like a bunch of people really.

Mixed feels:
SVS - Ok, so I like most of the things SVS posts. I should probably just ISO her. I just have the slightest feeling that she may be more so sounding good rather than actual solving.
Sabie - Also someone to review tbh.
Juliets - Yeah... I've seen Jimmay say she's very town, and Epi had concerns. I don't know how to read her. I played with her on the same scum team and she was good at this rational approach to the game without leaking too much. I think I like most of her posts actually, and it does look like solving.
Actually, thinking about it, I think both Juliets and SVS defended Nut? Actively defending town (or 3p that could well be town) is actually more of a town tell in this structure, I think. I should probably be leaning more town on both Juliets and SVS.
Jack - is someone that could be town, but I don't know. He hasn't interacted with me much. I cri evertim.
Michelle - I exaggerated the town lean on her in the beginning probably for my own sanity. It kind of bothers me that she hasn't interacted with me much. If she thinks I read her town and if she thinks I could be town too, I'd just half would expect her to interact or talk to me. But I don't know. Maybe this goes both ways.

---

Others I have not much of an opinion on. I don't really like that I don't have an opinion on Sloonei and Epi for example. For Sloonei, I feel like he's just there, but I can't really see where he's at or how he's viewing the game. I realize he's been sick though.

Oh, and I really disliked Tony's vote D1. Not just because it was on me, but because it was late in the day on a complete off wagon, not with any convincing or anything, so it's not like he tried to make a lynch happen. Apart from that he's also played with me before, so he should be able to have an actual opinion on me. But the main thing is that it was off wagon and a throw away vote. Sloonei did that as scum (lone vote on me D1) when he was scum the last time I was town. Just saying.

Honestly, the no deaths is a blessing and a curse, cause so much is unsolved.
But I feel like it's mostly a blessing.

---

In summary, I don't feel interested in lynching G-man, Turnip, Ted and probably not SVS and Juliets right now.
I'm mostly interested in lynching Radish. I could lynch about anyone else tbh.

I should review Sabie.
I also realised I left Sig and Sprit out. I had town feels on Sig, but I've been second guessing and apparently not made up my mind. Probably wouldn't lynch anyway. I don't remember anything Sprit has said actually. Should review.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long post with a lot of I don't know. So that's where I'm at. I forgot Dom. I have no idea on him /shrug
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

sig wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:37 pm Somebody explain the Radishes wagon.

I kinda want to lynch Dom.
Jackofhearts2005 I don't think I caught this explanation why Dom?
Cause he's not doing much and both his vote for me and his vote for Nutella were kinda bad.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh yeah, and Mac as well. Mac is pretty shady actually. I didn't even like he's first post, but I'm seelly.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Does Tranq always lurk this much?

And who did Nook replace?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 pm He hasn't interacted with me much. I cri evertim.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck gripes

speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:34 am I would rather vote nutella than jack, because nutella will start scumreading me any minute now. :)

Not feeling the vibes on this joke.

speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:54 pm Like Nutella is playing what I would expect from her if she tried really hard to mimic her town game.

Or she’s just town.

Like she’s hitting her scumtell a and her towntells.
This seems to be the epicenter of the Jacktella quake. I am brought to wonder:

How do we (we who know nutella) anticipate her to respond to a post like this, where is she is told she is playing to her norms in both alignments? This is an accusation from Jack after all, even if "softened" by the town half of the presentation. I'm not surprised nutella called it garbage, or that she wondered aloud if a mafioso Jack would be so obvious as to openly hedge in this manner.
Is that where it started? Did he push any harder?

Because I'd be surprised to see nutella offended by this cushy push. More like 'meh' and 'jack do you even have an opinion'

I find this assertion hard to believe: nutella is a firecracker is responds severely to accusations of all sorts all the time. This contributes in some vague manner to the negative nutella climate, and I'm not on board.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm @speedchuck do you have any developed thoughts on jack and/or nutella? What about anyone else in the game?
I think the Jack/Nutella thing was interesting, primarily because of reactions to it. Tedxtr's reaction was notable, like he was incredibly pro-nutella and focused on nutella. Dunno if that's changed.

@tedxtr do you know nutella prior to this?

i n t e r e s t i n g :grin:

Seriously though, chuck termed the Jacktella thing as interesting and specifically referenced tedxtr as a source of that intrigue -- without providing any actual take or stance. I don't know what the point of this observation is.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:50 pm Upon further reflection of ISOs both of these wagons are shiiiiiiiiiiiny turds.

Nutella I can see why people suspect her. The interactions starting when Mac wagoned on look pretty bad. But lynching nutella D1 after she gets defensive over some tunneling is wonky.

I have no idea why anyone would vote Master Radishes.

chuck sharted on both the Radish and nutella wagons before engaging himself in the concurrent dialogues. At face value, I think this post looks fake. He answered this accusation already. I'm not moved.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.
I dunno, I was suspicious of Sig for a reason I think. Let me look back.

Ah, yes, it was his crappity crap reasons for still wanting to lynch nutella after Jack recanted. He overcompenisated for his position by throwing a bunch of bad reasons in with the good.
1. Reason wasnt crappy
2. Was laying out my thought process. :shrug:

It would be imo so much worse to instantly switch off since Jack changed his mind, especially since I didnt base my vote solely off his read and two she wasn't a civ?

Not to mention I stated a few times she wasnt my top lynch which Is why I switched off once things evened our a bit.
Some of your reasons were crappy. And you had some perfectly good reasons. Overcompensating to justify staying on nutella. Meh. Minor sus.

One thing I liked more from speedchuck was his dig into sig's takes on Jacktella. In the end though we get the highlighted bit to neuter its seriousness and for my money its credit.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]juliets[/mention] you'd asked for me to expand on speedchuck. ^

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ISOing actually really helps. I should do it more.
I do want the day to play out a bit before I post more thoughts.

In the meantime

[VOTE: Radish] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:20 pm This exchange is telling me less than nothing.

Dom: what do you want Ted to tell you?
Ted: what is your answer to Dom’s question?
You asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would appreciate a third perspective on my speedchuck gripes. I have little doubt that speedchuck will answer them himself, and I will see how I feel about that when it comes. Gimme someone else.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac and his big D are aligned with mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:49 pm Does Tranq always lurk this much?

And who did Nook replace?
I think I replaced the empty slot
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tranq is not known for making a lot of posts. He's right on schedule. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] you got any new hazelnut-styled tunnels for us? :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pmYou asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.
I read the Dom/Ted thing, and I was confused about Dom's bravado that was suspecting Ted because he didn't answer a question. I also thought it was shade to say "avoided my question" cause it's such an easy gripe to have with someone. But Ted doesn't really strike me as someone who would flee away from a "difficult" question if he was scum, so likely he forgot or missed it, which he later said. I don't know. I was confused be Dom's bravado last game I played with him too though. I don't think I've seen him as scum before.

Jimmay, you know Dom better than me, so what's your overall feel there? Also, you know SVS better than me, so same question there.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

A question with a data driven answer: are inactive scum or town more likely to be lynched?
I think this one is counter intuitive
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm Jackofhearts2005 you got any new hazelnut-styled tunnels for us? :biggrin:
:shrug:

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:05 pm I would appreciate a third perspective on my speedchuck gripes. I have little doubt that speedchuck will answer them himself, and I will see how I feel about that when it comes. Gimme someone else.
Not much there bth, and considering almost all of you are dirty scumbums, then yeah, why not.
Buuut, I have the feeling that Speed has been bored as town before? Does he like to play scum more, or is that only an assumption?
Of what you put out it's the first joke that I like the least. Reads a bit like guilty state of mind.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:07 pmI think I replaced the empty slot
I didn't know we had one, but I'm glad you're here again. Be town now too plz.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pmYou asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.
I read the Dom/Ted thing, and I was confused about Dom's bravado that was suspecting Ted because he didn't answer a question. I also thought it was shade to say "avoided my question" cause it's such an easy gripe to have with someone. But Ted doesn't really strike me as someone who would flee away from a "difficult" question if he was scum, so likely he forgot or missed it, which he later said. I don't know. I was confused be Dom's bravado last game I played with him too though. I don't think I've seen him as scum before.

Jimmay, you know Dom better than me, so what's your overall feel there? Also, you know SVS better than me, so same question there.
I don't think "bravado" is out of place with Dom. That's a part of the persona he often brings to the game. He asked a question and it went unanswered, and so he made a stink. I don't think he has played with tedxtr before (either can correct me if necessary), so I don't think ted's own personality is an important variable to consider when judging Dom's treatment of ted. They don't know one another.

Now that ted did answer the question, we may glean more from their interaction at present. [mention]Dom[/mention], [mention]tedxtr[/mention], whaddya think of each other?

I have leaned positively for S~V~S on the basis of tone and familiarity with what I remember of her hunting styles and what I know of the site norms from the era from whence she brings most of her background (Syndicate circa 2013-2016 or so). I haven't dug deep on S~V~S lately though and she is a priority for reassessment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:14 pm Not much there bth, and considering almost all of you are dirty scumbums, then yeah, why not.
Buuut, I have the feeling that Speed has been bored as town before? Does he like to play scum more, or is that only an assumption?
Of what you put out it's the first joke that I like the least. Reads a bit like guilty state of mind.
I wouldn't say "bored", but he has been less active and less effortful in some of his town games given external business or burnout. I do my best to put his general activity level away and assess his content purely for what it is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm Jackofhearts2005 you got any new hazelnut-styled tunnels for us? :biggrin:
:shrug:

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Agreed. What do you hate most about Mac and his big D?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:11 pm A question with a data driven answer: are inactive scum or town more likely to be lynched?
I think this one is counter intuitive
Town by pure odds. I dunno.

Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:15 pmI don't think "bravado" is out of place with Dom. That's a part of the persona he often brings to the game. He asked a question and it went unanswered, and so he made a stink. I don't think he has played with tedxtr before (either can correct me if necessary), so I don't think ted's own personality is an important variable to consider when judging Dom's treatment of ted. They don't know one another.
I also don't know Ted, but I can infer from his play that he doesn't have any trouble answering questions when they are asked. I realize this doesn't mean Dom needs to infer the same, but it's like.. "You avoided my question!" Gurl... But at the same time, maybe Dom was just putting the pressure on, which is good. I don't even know why I'm talking about this, cause I have no clue about Dom.
I have leaned positively for S~V~S on the basis of tone and familiarity with what I remember of her hunting styles and what I know of the site norms from the era from whence she brings most of her background (Syndicate circa 2013-2016 or so). I haven't dug deep on S~V~S lately though and she is a priority for reassessment.
Thank you.

Do you understand why I'm suspicious of you, Jimmay? I kind of am.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:20 pm This exchange is telling me less than nothing.

You asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.
you missed the other part where ted responded and i asked him a few more questions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:22 pm Do you understand why I'm suspicious of you, Jimmay? I kind of am.
Tell me why you're suspicious of me and I'll tell you whether I understand. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:24 pmTell me why you're suspicious of me and I'll tell you whether I understand. :smile:
Good answer. :smoky:

I don't know. You just don't pack a punch to me in this game. For all your posting you feel surprisingly in the background. It's mainly that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I don't know if I said "similar behavior", but what I've mislynched colin for in the past is his tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace. It's easy to misread that as a tentative, behind-the-action scum player, when in reality it's just been a behind-the-action civilian trying not to overstate his thoughts.

I have not looked closely at his posts in this game so I can't give you a detailed interpretation of what he looks like here. But that's my general warning against lynching Colin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 pm

you missed the other part where ted responded and i asked him a few more questions.
I assume you're referring to the bit where you asked about how he presented his civilian read on Dizzy? If so, I understand why you'd be inclined to ask your question. I am not especially bothered by it on ted's part. When you asked him to expand on his town reads, he did so with a mind for the start-to-present progression which, in the case of Dizzy at least, meant that there was some degree of conflict in the read. But he landed on town -- he expanded on that further after your prod. You got beef?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:24 pmTell me why you're suspicious of me and I'll tell you whether I understand. :smile:
Good answer. :smoky:

I don't know. You just don't pack a punch to me in this game. For all your posting you feel surprisingly in the background. It's mainly that.
:shrug2:

I'm not yelling and screaming as I often did in years past. I'm having more fun right now as a result. I'm a tired old man, Dyslexicon. I am a Mafia grandpa.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 pm

I assume you're referring to the bit where you asked about how he presented his civilian read on Dizzy? If so, I understand why you'd be inclined to ask your question. I am not especially bothered by it on ted's part. When you asked him to expand on his town reads, he did so with a mind for the start-to-present progression which, in the case of Dizzy at least, meant that there was some degree of conflict in the read. But he landed on town -- he expanded on that further after your prod. You got beef?
A little bit. I'm getting hung up on the initial framing of his Dizzy read. It was "Dyslexicon is town. [Several lines of text explaining why Dyslexicon was previously not a town read]. Dyslexicon is town." The follow-up response was a better answer, but the first one felt like a non-answer, which recalled my Day 0 beef with ted.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually, I didn't like that question from Sloonei. Also seemed like an easy nitpick "this seems reasonable to ask about" kind of thing. But I didn't have a problem with Ted explaining his first gripe with me and then landing on a town read.

Sloonei could be scum.
Radish could be scum.
Sabie could be scum.
Hrm.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:30 pmI'm not yelling and screaming as I often did in years past. I'm having more fun right now as a result. I'm a tired old man, Dyslexicon. I am a Mafia grandpa.
That is very cute. But you should think more about how that makes me feel. And how am I supposed to tell the difference between scum and town you? Will I just have to wait until you are dead or the game is over? Probably.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”