Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:02 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 pm Are you the syndicate’s cool aunt
I would love to be. But I think I'm more that distant relative (that nobody is quite sure how they are related) that comes to the Christmas party every year, drinks all the booze and gives everyone matching homemade sweaters and insist they all wear it immediately, then suddenly leaves by broom.
Sounds like the fun aunt to me :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:05 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:03 pmCuz I know how to think like people who play differently than I do
Who be on the Radish team though?
Michelle and jack to start

Mood can refer to someone’s attitude too, not just the words they’re saying.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:25 pm I want more thoughts from Epignosis. I don't recall him having any stances on anyone besides jay, and I don't even really believe that one is real. He has been very detached from the topics the rest of the thread is talking about.
The beauty of Mafia on The Syndicate is that you can click a little button under my picture and read anything I've posted here, which makes your memory moot.

No one is getting 100 posts a phase from me anymore. I'm available when I'm available, and that's at best a couple of hours in the evening. If you have something specific you'd like to ask, by all means, ask.

Off to play some A Link to the Past with my lads.

:bliss: :knight2:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:36 pmMichelle and jack to start
Go on :mafia:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 pm Old people say, "by cracky" and wave their came at you, don't we, Epi?
By gum, you're right old chap.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:04 pm Hit the wrong button.

When I was in third grade I got sent to the principal for calling my teacher a "harridan" lolol
:clap: :haha:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[mention]juliets[/mention] idk where you got KO, lol. Maybe you meant KP? I think that means kill power or something similar, basically the number of kills available
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:06 pm @juliets idk where you got KO, lol. Maybe you meant KP? I think that means kill power or something similar, basically the number of kills available
I thought it was Nanook but maybe it was KP! Thanks!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:25 pm I want more thoughts from Epignosis. I don't recall him having any stances on anyone besides jay, and I don't even really believe that one is real. He has been very detached from the topics the rest of the thread is talking about.
The beauty of Mafia on The Syndicate is that you can click a little button under my picture and read anything I've posted here, which makes your memory moot.

No one is getting 100 posts a phase from me anymore. I'm available when I'm available, and that's at best a couple of hours in the evening. If you have something specific you'd like to ask, by all means, ask.

Off to play some A Link to the Past with my lads.

:bliss: :knight2:
Literally any opinion on anyone other than jay would be nice. Who do you think is scum on radishes' team? Who do you think is scum on the other team? Even any town reads you have would be cool too. Sure I could look at your iso but a) I don't want to and b) that would just give me Old opinions from the Past and I want your current takes and c) based on the stuff jay quoted you have hardly said anything about potential links to radishes, so post-flip i want to know who you are most concerned about in that light.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:19 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:15 pm Okay, if we’re going to wander down this cocksure ‘G-Man is totes bad’ road to disappointment, then I request that:

1) Someone kill me tonight.

2) Lynch me Day 3.

I’m overwhelmed by the sheer volume of posts. The only reads I have are on players that I think I know well enough, which comes to about seven or eight people. That’s not enough to do the town any good. I’m going to continue to be of little use to the civvies, because all I can muster at this rate is skimming at best. Even that involves skipping large chunks of posts that are about people I’m clueless of.

I admit to being overwhelmed and yet I refuse to sub out. With this much suspicion brewing around me, it’s not fair to ask someone else to come in and wait to die. So that’s not happening. Lynch me and use my lynch for information. We just caught a baddie on Day 2. That gives us a chance to calm down, make a mistake, and be thoughtful and intentional about learning something from it.

As much as I love our hosts, I recognized too late that joining this game was a mistake. There are too many players with too similar personalities making too many posts. Too many of you just blend together in my head. That’s not just this game though- it every game that’s not a Heist. Heck, sometimes even Heists are too much for me. That’s why you don’t see a ‘Best Civ’ or ‘MVP’ Socky in my treasure chest and never will.

After this game, I’m sticking to Heists and hosting. I’m excited about the next game I plan to host. Perhaps that’s where my strengths are. They’re certainly not here.

I don’t want to fight. I don’t want to insult people in the process of trying to convince you I am civ. Let my death convince you of that. If you see me, I’m not lurking; I’m just trying to tread water as best I can.

Thank you and good night.
What about vote analysis? I remember that being your strength in the past and we now have a confirmed baddie. You don't need to be caught up on everything to examine those wagons.
Oof, man. I can’t say when I last tried vote analysis with two baddie teams. It’s much easier and more effective when you can look at things in an either-or manner like when there’s just one team. Two teams muddies the waters. Also, I’ve always felt that my style of vote analysis works best after three days. I’ve gotten lucky after two before, but, again, that was with just one baddie team.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

juliets wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:07 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:06 pm @juliets idk where you got KO, lol. Maybe you meant KP? I think that means kill power or something similar, basically the number of kills available
I thought it was Nanook but maybe it was KP! Thanks!
I don’t think I’ve used KO or KP this game! TK is definitely me tho
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Lynch 2]

Post by Long Con »

The Limits of Power

"It's out of the question!" The heroes could hear the Monitor arguing with Harbinger from an antechamber. "If you try to wield power like that, it will consume you!" They couldn't hear Harbinger's voice as she replied. "You know the price... it's not yet time."

Harbinger strode quickly from the room, her face sad and angry. Seeing the heroes, she moved to them, saying, "He's wrong, I do have the power! We need to act now, before he's ready for us! Follow me!"

The heroes gathered behind her as she took them to a tightly sealed room, with three-foot thick titanium walls and door. "This room will shield the rest of the universe from what we're doing here. I'm going to open a portal to the Anti-Matter universe so that you can take this fight directly to the Anti-Monitor!"

The heroes looked uneasy. "I thought the Monitor said you couldn't-" began Agatha, before Harbinger cut her off sharply.

"We can't just sit around, waiting to get picked off by shadow demons!" She stood in the centre of the room, and held her arms up. "The Anti-Matter universe will feel rather strange, and crossing over creates a bit of reality shear, so try to hang on to your sense of self." Her hands glowed brightly, and an energy vortex formed in front of her.

Aja gulped. "My sense of self? What?"

"Ho ho hooo!" laughed Santa. "I guess we'll find out! Hope we've all been good!"

With that, the portal exploded open, and waves of force began emanating from it, causing the heroes to squint and shield their faces. "Move through!" cried Harbinger. "I don't know how long I can - AAIIIEEE!!" The glow from her hands began to spread down her arms to her shoulders. "GO!!"

The heroes rushed for the portal, but as they went through, they could see a few of the Anti-Monitor's goons waiting to ambush them on the other side. As they met, the clash of universes warped reality, causing normally stable things like distance, time, and proportion to vary wildly. After a quick battle which neither side was fully prepared for, the heroes broke through. King Dedede looked back once to Harbinger, whose entire body was covered by the glowing energy, and as the portal began to close behind them, the energy seemed to consume her entirely. Or did it? He couldn't be sure.

The portal snapped shit and vanished, and in the sudden silence, the heroes began to take stock of their situation, which included a couple of dead bodies.

Dyslexicon has been killed!

sabie12 has been killed! She was Uncle Fester, a baddie on the Anti-Monitor's team, from Addams Family Mafia by Epignosis.

Day 3 has begun!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:34 pm @Dyslexicon

ISO on Ted in some random order:

(There's no specific post that I find particularly AI, so I won't quote anything, but...)

-He bounces his reads around a bit (claims his page 2 reads based on 'swag' are serious, but never comes back to it; suddenly drops a vote on Nutella and only gives a reason for it later; then switches to vote me, again without justification), but doesn't try to justify his progression. Maybe a bouncy scum, but I get the impression he just doesn't care how he comes across. Good look.

-His tone is consistent - loose and carefree and not afraid to be a bit fun, but easily switches back to serious gameplay when necessary. Another good look of someone who isn't worried about how they come across.

-He isn't trying to stand out or lead a charge or anything, but equally isn't afraid to engage in discussions, even ones that don't involve him. No waffling on reads, just straight to the point. Also something I consider a good look.

Overall, ISOing Ted has made me nudge him from null+ to a lightish green. Macro play is decent so far, in the sense he doesn't seem concerned about his image.
Ted teammate material.
Ok, i found this (plus you think sig is town, and neither svs nor dizzy are radishmates). But this isn't much. Do you want to lynch ted for this? What does your lynch priority list look like?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

Oh whoooa, awesome night result! Thanks mafia, now we should focus on that team maybe :goofp:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And that's a great role to be rid of. There's probably a couple cursed items floating around, but no more new ones
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh I missed that dizzy died too. :(
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

So.... what's the logic on whether nk roles are revealed? We have one revealed and one not...?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine

Who knows. Also sweet 2/4 of one team gone. I'm gonna assume the vig shot Sabie and mafia killed Dizzy?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh saitama has a one time janitor ok. Interesting. So dizzy was mafia kill and sabie vigged i guess that makes sense
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

It means saitama performed the kill

Oh you beat me to it lol
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him

[VOTE: mac] aubergine
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

Bye Dyslexicon, and bye sabie ( but good riddance Fester)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

jfc you guys are incorrigible
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:24 pm Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jack and Sprityo are both super compatible imo
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:26 pm Jack and Sprityo are both super compatible imo
Any ideas for the other team tho? Or no bc you're on it?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

IF Mac is mafia then both teams are effectively done. We can piece together the entire other baddie team based off yesterday.

We should be able to find the remaining two Anti-Moniter people based off the two flips as well.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm ColinIsCool
Dyslexicon
Turnip Head
juliets
S~V~S
Epignosis
TonyStarkPrime

Sloonei
JaggedJimmyJay
tedxtr
sig

Dragomir
speedchuck
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0

Michelle (a)
Tranq (a)

Jackofhearts2005 (b)
sabie12 (a/b)
Dom (b)
G-Man (b)
sprityo (b)

If anyone wants to actually get into some nitty gritty discussion I'm keen. If there are any reads here that are wtf let's talk.
[mention]nutella[/mention] since Sabie was on team b with radishes, I would start withy Tranq and Michelle.

Bye dizzy I hope your broomstick is comfortable

Speedchuck is not on that team imo
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Mac's team is also the most likely to hard defend, he's employed the strategy so often in the past.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:34 pm @Dyslexicon

ISO on Ted in some random order:

(There's no specific post that I find particularly AI, so I won't quote anything, but...)

-He bounces his reads around a bit (claims his page 2 reads based on 'swag' are serious, but never comes back to it; suddenly drops a vote on Nutella and only gives a reason for it later; then switches to vote me, again without justification), but doesn't try to justify his progression. Maybe a bouncy scum, but I get the impression he just doesn't care how he comes across. Good look.

-His tone is consistent - loose and carefree and not afraid to be a bit fun, but easily switches back to serious gameplay when necessary. Another good look of someone who isn't worried about how they come across.

-He isn't trying to stand out or lead a charge or anything, but equally isn't afraid to engage in discussions, even ones that don't involve him. No waffling on reads, just straight to the point. Also something I consider a good look.

Overall, ISOing Ted has made me nudge him from null+ to a lightish green. Macro play is decent so far, in the sense he doesn't seem concerned about his image.
Ted teammate material.
Ok, i found this (plus you think sig is town, and neither svs nor dizzy are radishmates). But this isn't much. Do you want to lynch ted for this? What does your lynch priority list look like?
I'll be with you once we get the youngest to bed (half an hour or so). Plus I see there's more to work with anyhow.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Read this post, stop and think then realize what this means.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm thrilled about sabie but sooo sad to lose Dizzy. Good game Dizzy, I so enjoy playing with you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Annnnnnd vote Mac
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:27 pm IF Mac is mafia then both teams are effectively done. We can piece together the entire other baddie team based off yesterday.

We should be able to find the remaining two Anti-Moniter people based off the two flips as well.
Yes because if I was mafia I would not have anti-spewed the fuck out of things when I looked done for all money. Simple, simple sig.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

i just need to lynch mac and im confirmed town, it's easy :slick:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:30 pm

Read this post, stop and think then realize what this means.
What do you think it means?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Mac's entire response to people has just reeked.

His team utilized the strong man kill in case he was lynched today.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig & sprityo vs. mac

it's actually like the culmination of a several year arc when you think about it
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Mac's entire response to people has just reeked.

It's just a janitor not a strongman unless I am missing something
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm sig & sprityo vs. mac

it's actually like the culmination of a several year arc when you think about it
Where the two brave heroes finally defeat the evil mastermind.

Or the one brave hero (sig) teams up with the lesser of two evils to defeat the more powerful evil overlord.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:36 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Mac's entire response to people has just reeked.

It's just a janitor not a strongman unless I am missing something
My mistake, but point still stands they wanted it gone.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
As the resident expert on her meta i thought she was on it early game but has definitely fallen off, so I could be persuaded. Though at this time I still doubt I'd vote for her this phase, i have other priorities. Things can change though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm sig & sprityo vs. mac

Where the two brave heroes finally defeat the evil mastermind.

Or the one brave hero (sig) teams up with the lesser of two evils to defeat the more powerful evil overlord.
i want to make a political joke but.... nah lmao [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Worst case Mac isn't mafia we have one mislynch.

BUT say we don't lynch him and let him keep rolling along, they'll keep killing civs and eventually we won't be able to win at all. This is when we still have a margin of error.

More importantly there are 2 roles Sprityo has at this point. If Mac isn't mafia (Very slim chance) Then Sprityo is one of the last members of Anti-Monitors. Potentially last since I still think it's possible Dizzy was mafia.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”