Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 am Tbf no open toe shoes is less of a “control women via policing their bodies” and more of a “this is unsanitary” situation in many cases
Oh I wasn't talking about toes :ninja:

sorry. Family forum. Carry on
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

polls got reset? [VOTE: mac] aubergine just to be sure
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

This is the weirdest situation I've ever found myself in. I feel like I'm being gaslighted.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:25 am
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 am Tsp, Sprityo, and Epi all seem okay right now also.

I definitely like Epi's interaction with nanook.

Radish's early posts felt a bit fake, but I liked his big self describing post and I'd be hesitant to vote for someone I've never plated with day one.
:ponder: some more blanket reads that don't amount to much, but that Radish read is juice-EE. Let us follow its progression:

Clause #1 (red) is a negative stance that gets immediately discarded. Clause #2 is a favorable read based on something that (in my opinion) should not be alignment indicative at all (Radish's meta self-assessment). Clause #3 (yellow) is entirely unrelated to #1 & #2 and is used as an excuse to abstain from the Radish vote. This is a clumsy sentence that exists to produce a reason not to vote for a particular player.
Let me also note again that baddie-gate was initiated by sig making a point against Radishes. That whole event apparently does not factor into sig's read on Radishes at all, but was instead the genesis of a prolonged march against nanook1.0.
This is one of the points that stuck out to me most in the interaction analysis. That's a teammatey post if I ever saw one.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 am And by extension how bad it is that Mac is for realzies voting him?
I'm sorry I didn't realise the deadline was approaching so fast that there wasn't time for memes.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 am This is the weirdest situation I've ever found myself in. I feel like I'm being gaslighted.
How and by whom?

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:32 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 am This is the weirdest situation I've ever found myself in. I feel like I'm being gaslighted.
How and by whom?

No matter what I say or do sig, Dom, Nanook, Jack, Sprityo and you are just constantly repeating that I am bad and some of you are layering it with personally attacking me and I'm just super confused and starting to not enjoy myself. I'm used to having to defend myself but this is truly obscene.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

just lynch me I don't need this shit in my life
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:36 am
How and by whom?

No matter what I say or do sig, Dom, Nanook, Jack, Sprityo and you are just constantly repeating that I am bad and some of you are layering it with personally attacking me and I'm just super confused and starting to not enjoy myself. I'm used to having to defend myself but this is truly obscene.
I'm excited and kind of tunneling because of it. You know how that is. I am still reading your posts and trying to be reasonable. Like I said I thought you looked good around/after eod yesterday, so maybe I'm overblowing sig's theory. Keep doing your thing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mac is bad because Mac isn't his usual self
Mac is bad because mac is salty
Mac is bad because mac is voting sig
Mac is bad because mac is what?
Mac is toxic.
Mac is attacking people.
Oh gee how bad is it that Mac has legs.
Did you guys notice Mac has arms? Fucking gotem.
Mac has a beard. That's awfully suspicious, don't you think?
Mac isn't a dog. By deduction he is Mafia.
Mac is an abstract concept, pretty much a red peek.
It's fucking ridiculous.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can you guys please tell me how I am supposed to act so that I can do that? Oh wait, my town meta is my scum meta is my town meta so I'll be bad for that too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Look how triggered Mac is. He must be scum.

I just realised I am going full Frank Grimes. That makes you Homer sig.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sigmer Sigson
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:11 am This is amazing in the worst way you guys. I've nailed scum on both teams and just have to pick which one we lynch first. Tony gimme some power analysis or something
Hey don’t steal my credit
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 am Also G-Man is the fool's wagon imo. It's gonna be Mac vs Sig.
Bite your tongue right now
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

People pushing a sig v mac narrative are deflecting from the real scum wagon that ought to be lynched is g-man

The deep wolf that’s not even a deep wolf
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

[If anyone is actually inclined to reading all these big long posts I make (lol yeah right), you can skip this one and you won't miss much. I abandoned it part way though and didn't uncover anything really interesting during the process. But I did the work and want to put in the thread just in case it turns out there is something worthwhile in here later on]

sig continued
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:21 pm Can someone explain the Jack voters? I still feel like nobody has and I'm not seeing how his pursuit of Nutella is bad.
Expresses interest in at least the existence of the Jack wagon, with implicit and explicit Jack defense. Noted.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:31 pm Dizzy, G-man, Mac, Speed, Radish, and Juliet are my grey reads and people I plan to reread tomorrow.
That's a nice big list you got there, sig. Thank you. Let's see what becomes of it. also michelle. And then he throws Jay's name onto it as well. Aye carumba. I'm drowning in people that sig wants to read. To be fair, this isn't far off from where I was on Day 1, but like I was living in a fever dream for 48 hours.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:56 pm I'm liking Nutella less and less based around her responses to Jack/Mac
nutella takes a downward turn. Okay.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:55 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:51 pm Also Mac and epi if you read like two more posts youd see radishes realized his mistake and switched to Jay lol.
Under duress when immediately forced to observe it and then lolkekked his vote to a wagon that has 0% chance of ever forming.

Nutella
Jay
Radishes

Teammates.
Throw Nanook in there and we may have a team.
Why? There is precedent for nutella and nanook suspicions independent of one another. Jay has been "meh" from the outset. Radishes is markedly not on sig's radar. What would connect these four names together in sig's mind? I understand that he's responding to Mac's original trio, but this just feels... arbitrary. Arbitrary associative reads on Day 1 are a staple of Mac's game. I don't know why sig is latching onto it here.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:58 pm [VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

I'd like to get this a big closer to Radish and see Nutella's reaction here.

I'd still rather lynch nanook, but with 3 major wagons my vote is wasted on him right now.
I don't know what the poll looked like at this time, but it seems like sig is making a conscious effort to bring nutella closer to radishes (nutella and radishes sound like an awful pair in the culinary world, ftr), which could be a bold play for a teammate, or a too-bold-to-be-teammates play. He is candidly playing the wagonomics here and has already positioned himself against the Radishes wagon and has maneuvered onto the nutella wagon elsewhere, so meh. This is consistent and not really indicative of much, actually.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 pm Sig just ask me out already and get it over with
I first need.

1. Pics
2. Bank account number and over 10,000 funds easily transferable.
3. Out yourself as mafia and be lynched proving Sig right again.
4. Not be Canadian. (No offense Canadians. :p )
I just spent the day in Toronto with a Canadian and it was lovely. :fist:
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:18 pm
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 pm Optimism would suggest that 1,200 posts by the halfway point of Day 1 means that we’ve stumbled upon some groundbreaking, decisive conclusions.

But I’m a realist.

Can anyone point me to the post on or about where the MR & nutella trains became the most compelling things going? If so, I promise to skim through tomorrow at lunch to see if I’m on board with either one.
I can point ya In the direction of a pretty nifty case agaisnt nanook. :srsnod:
If one or the other of these two were indeed to flip scum, I would point to this post and say that it's overly-chummy in a self-conscious way. But that hasn't happened yet, so I can't say that. Just imagine if I could, though.

sig appears to be faltering on his Jack read which may also imply he's backing off the nutella read? Unclear from this post alone. I'll see how it develops before I offer input. You know if I just edited these posts before submitting them then there'd be no need for silly digressions like this. It would all be much smoother.
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:18 pm Though jack's flipflop also makes me kind off want to vote there.
I'm confused. Is this opinion not clearly expressed in the previous post? To what does "there" refer?
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm Okay gang, so what if we take a step back?

We have two major wagons going, with most of the players on them which isn't really something I personally like this early in the game.

Who outside of Jack, Nutella, and Radish looks the worst/could be a baddie?

I'm obviously gonna say we should go with Nanook. :shrug:

But, I'm open to other ideas.
The cynical view is that this post exists to steer the momentum of the thread away from Radishes. But that doesn't factor in that nutella1.0 and jack are also vulnerable at this moment (unless of course Jack and Radishes are both sig's partners, in which case :omg: )
At this point I believe that sig genuinely believes in his case against nanook1.0 regardless of his alignment.

oh sig's ISO is 5 pages even with the Day 2 silence. Ugh. I'm getting tired. Hitting submit again and then I'll do a speedrun through the remaining pages for sabie/radish mentions or any other burning hot takes I might uncover.
The only really juicy bit in this post (I think) is the bit where sig latches onto mac's proposal of a trio of teammate suspects. Other than that I'm just kinda kicking at dirt and shrugging, so I'll add a disclaimer at the top telling people that this post isn't very interesting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:31 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 am And by extension how bad it is that Mac is for realzies voting him?
I'm sorry I didn't realise the deadline was approaching so fast that there wasn't time for memes.
Oh? Was your Sig vote a joke?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:42 am Mac is bad because Mac isn't his usual self
Mac is toxic.
Mac is attacking people.

It's fucking ridiculous.
:haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:49 am People pushing a sig v mac narrative are deflecting from the real scum wagon that ought to be lynched is g-man

Who is specifically pushing "sig v mac"? I am exploring a sig suspicion right now, but I certainly don't envision that as dichotomous with or opposed to Mac in any way. They're both valid suspects.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:42 am Mac is bad because Mac isn't his usual self
Mac is toxic.
Mac is attacking people.
It's fucking ridiculous.
Literally none of this has anything to do with why I'm voting you. I think you're mafia. Fair and square. That's the game. Sorry champ, it be like that sometimes.

I do think dom at the least has been a bit unfair and perhaps toxic.

But otherwise this is a misrepresentation. You are being suspected for entirely game related reasons. Take it like a champ, fight back, hunt.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 am Tbf no open toe shoes is less of a “control women via policing their bodies” and more of a “this is unsanitary” situation in many cases
Oh I wasn't talking about toes :ninja:

sorry. Family forum. Carry on
😂😂😂

Carry on then, pay me no mind :p
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:05 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:49 am People pushing a sig v mac narrative are deflecting from the real scum wagon that ought to be lynched is g-man

Who is specifically pushing "sig v mac"? I am exploring a sig suspicion right now, but I certainly don't envision that as dichotomous with or opposed to Mac in any way. They're both valid suspects.
Me. Did you somehow miss my whole thing about them being scum on opposing teams each trying to get the other lynched
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:05 am

Me. Did you somehow miss my whole thing about them being scum on opposing teams each trying to get the other lynched
Yes. Yes I did.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:31 am
Oh? Was your Sig vote a joke?
I thought it would be funny but apparently it's just another reason why I'm bad lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:08 am
Mac is toxic.
Mac is attacking people.
It's fucking ridiculous.
Literally none of this has anything to do with why I'm voting you. I think you're mafia. Fair and square. That's the game. Sorry champ, it be like that sometimes.

But otherwise this is a misrepresentation. You are being suspected for entirely game related reasons. Take it like a champ, fight back, hunt.
If none of that has anything to do with it then it's not directed at you is it
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

What toes
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig & radishes (from page 3 of sig's ISO on)
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:26 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

I'll potentially bite the bullet to stop a tie if it comes down to it, but like I've been saying he's my number one choice and just generally meh on Nutella/Jack.

I plan to read over Radish when I have time to form a more cohesive opinion. He does seem blendy/not super active and his Nanook connection troubles me.
sig continues to kick the can down the road on Radishes. He's yet to actually say anything substantive, which continues to look even worse in the light of baddie-gate. At least this post acknowledges some negativity around him.

Radishes is incidentally named in a Michelle ISO. Okay.

A comprehensive reads list on which Radishes is listed under "Mafia lean". I am squinting my eyeballs at this post, sig. They are squinted very hard, so much so that my eyes are almost fully closed. I can't even see what I'm typing anymore. I'm also going to note for posterity that sabie is listed as a "civ lean" for, like, no reason.

Another incidental Radish namedrop, this time with implicit shade at people who voted for him. In a multiball game, chances are that every significant wagon is gonna have scum on it, honestly.
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm It's actually really funny that radishes is looking for scum in the Nutella wagon when he got just as many votes to be lynched
That struck me as odd also. I guess it removes the potential bias/OMGUS, but personally I'd look at my own wagon first especially it I was a civ.

This seems kinda like a more mafiaish thing so I'd like an explanation for why he started that way
On this historic occasion, sig acknowledges a point against Radishes in the Syndicate's 2019 Game of Champions. At least three other people had already expressed this opinion.

In one big post, sig ISOs a handful of people at once. This post produces four hits when I ctrl+f "Radish". All four hits occur in quoted posts from the ISOee's, zero from sig's own analysis. Just stating facts.
sig wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:03 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:59 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 pmHoly shit.
Here’s what’s up:
Uhh
Nothing it’s been really slow the large post count disguises this fact
So absolutely nothing of work has occurred?
I'd read the jack/nutella stuff maybe even though we know results idk what page it started on but that's where alot of people weighted in.

People are pretty scattered with reads, radish was a top suspect so maybe read him over as well.

I'd also suggest reading N1 onward for sure.
Greets Dragomir (now nutella), and in doing so he frames the Radish suspicion in the past tense. Noted. Sig also is instructing another player to review the case against Radishes. Sig has personally avoided that case like the plague coronavirus.

In sig's Day 2 wall post (which remains commendable regardless of sig's alignment), he lists Radishes under the "MAYBE LYNCH" heading, saying that he "talked about him already" with an implication that he did so in an ISO post. I may simply be missing something here, but I don't see any such ISO. What does this mean? He gives a couple other tentative nods of support to the radishes case as well, but hedges it a bit. I'm not loving this.

And that'll bit it for Radishes. I'll do sabie tomorrow. Definite compatibility here.

[mention]sig[/mention] big question that you can address is where exactly you laid out your thoughts on Radishes, as you suggested in your Day 2 post. I don't see that anywhere and it makes your stated suspicion against him look like a puff of smoke.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Allow me.

Sig's first mention of Sabie. Replies to Dizzy to provide some neither here or there thoughts but has her in her civ meta at this point.
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:26 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm Players who knows Sabie much better than I, please talk about Sabie.
I've got some experience with her, but not alot.

She generally starts slow and doesn't post much but doesn't post fluff when around. Right now she seems to be within her normal civ meta.
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 pm Also a Pre-ISO (minus Michelle) breakdown of my thoughts.

Super duper Civ:
Sig

Civ Reads:
Epi: Playing within Civ meta, active.
SVS: Good tone and activity push. I like how she clarified her Radish Slip thing seemed very civvie.
tedxtr: This may change after I ISO him, but based off D0/early D1 liked him.

Civ Leans:
Sloonei
TH
sprityo
sabie12

Null:
juliets
G-Man
Dyslexicon
TonyStarkPrime
Dom

Need more posts:
Colins
Drag
Tranq

Mafia Lean:
nutella
MacDougall
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Master Radishes
speedchuck
Michelle

Mafia:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Tried to minimize my null reads. My Jack/Nutella reads are based off their back and forth so I really didn't know where to stick them, but they're both pinging me right now.
First reads list has Sabie as a civ lean, which is inline with previous post, but I suppose counteracted by the fact that she was in fact, bad.
sig wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:52 pm Dizzy, Mac, SVS, and TH/Colins are one team
Gman, Sabie, Radish, and (???) on other

linki: Yea sure tunneling since there's just one team whatever.
Next mention is on day 2 and suddenly has Sabie on a team with Radish and G-Man. Fails to provide a fourth option for that team (because he's in it?). There was no explanation as to why Sabie was suddenly mafia to Sig.
sig wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:12 pm Sig

Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0
Sloonei
tedxtr
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
TonyStarkPrime
Michelle

Dragomir
Tranq

Dyslexicon
ColinIsCool
Turnip Head
S~V~S
speedchuck

G-Man
MacDougall
sprityo
sabie12
Suddenly Sabie is the absolute red. Even more red than me. Still hasn't really explained his read at all. Interesting to note that he has sprityo and G-Man here too. If Sig is team radishes, then I doubt either of them are. It'd be some bullshit to throw 2/3 of your remaining partners into the deep red here.
sig wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:16 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:15 pm D1 Nanook is confirmed you dipstick

Anyways, sabie and Dom are likely radish partners. Possibly one between jay/SvS/sloonei as well cause syndicate likes to bus.
Why Dom?
The only other thing close to a Sabie discussion point. He replies to Nanook to ask how Nanook has rationalised Dom as a scum partner of Radishes. Fmpov it seems pretty clear, so I don't actually buy that he really wanted to know. More just wanted to steer Nanook down the wrong path. If Sig is in team radishes/sabie this is a good look for both Dom, and Nanook not being Radishes partner. Dom because this "Why Dom" would be genuine surprise, and perhaps opportunism. Eliminating Dom and Nanook as the final partner would be a good result because until now I had them pretty much locked there.

The worst thing going for sig being teammates with Sabie is that she was apparently deep red to him but he spent literally no time talking about her outside of readslists. Like not even a "I think Sabie might be with Radishes", just literally nothing. There was no explanation about how she went from civ read to scum read either. So explaining how you went from civ read to scum, and specifically what about her play caused this would be helpful [mention]sig[/mention]. I am aware you didn't have a chance to talk on day 2, but you did on night 1 and night 2. Obviously the implication is that you changed your read of her on day 2 when you were unable to speak much. I would have thought that one of your civ reads dropping to hard scum read would be something you'd enter the thread primed to talk about, but you instead have spent almost the entire content of your game attacking me instead.

Overall I'm a little torn because a lot of the other players that have radishes compatibility that aren't flipped (Dom, Nanook, G-Man, Sprityo) don't look very likely to be Sig partners. But as a Sabie partner he definitely profiles based on his content.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:37 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:02 am
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:55 am Sorry, S~V~S I am jumping in the shower and out the door to the gym. Quickly though, there were debates about Colin and Mac so I would look at them in ISO's if you can.
Thanks, Jules. I tend to have better comprehension reading thread exchanges than ISOs in general, I find I miss less nuance that way, but I will ISO them as well. Colin was a red read for me, but only as a default since I did not remember much of what he had said, and Mac was a red as well since he had not had anything to say after nutella flipped non-baddie, and his whole thing there reminded me of bad Mac (although I tend to baddie read him in general, so my opinion is not always the most valuable there), so they were both on my list.

Also, if there is anything I have to address, let me know.

Also, can anyone give me their take on why sprit voted for Nanook? Out of all the votes I see up there, that is the one that surprises me the most.
I was also busy yesterday but I had a chance to read up on what's been happening. Colin has been getting suspicion for not doing much of anything. A few people namely sloonei and spirit said colin often gets mislynched for this so they were wary of voting him so soon. TH said they're suspicious for defending him. I didn't see that as defending him as much as just being cautious of voting him too early without giving him a chance. I understand this because I get mislynched for my weird playstyle too sometimes but I haven't seen anything from colin that convinces me he's town. I had pointed out that sloonei and spirit haven't been their usual selves in the beginning of the game but I feel like sloonei has been more towny than spirit. Sloonei questioned me on my post and what I meant was if TH was suspecting him because of his difference in playstyle I could have understood that more than sayi g he's bad fir defending colin. I realize I worded that weird.

Sig had a big long post saying he was limited to one post and he thought mac did it. Mac disappeared for awhile and when he came back to find suspicion on him he was in full force mac mode and saying he's going to be mislynched and saying he won all these sockys so he is a good player and how could anyone accuse him and usual mac jokey stuff. He gave some reads and threw some suspicion at jack. I plan to read through his ISO and compare to some other games. He can be pretty tricky to read and as he pointed out he is a good player. I'm wondering if the more emotional mac is a scummy mac that got annoyed he was caught or just a civ mac being annoyed that anyone would suspect him.

I'm trying to enjoy my weekend but I plan to read through the ISOs and I'll be around in and out.
Sabie only made one post that mentions sig and she didn't offer thoughts about him in it.

The absence of a read and content about sig in general is quite odd given sig's shifting position on her. I would think that a mafioso would pay attention to an opponent that has a deep red read of them that earlier civ read them? Contrast how she dealt with sig with how she dealt with me for instance.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mmm yes good shit. To me it looks like he saw others find sabie as radishmate, and he simply caved to her being caught and rapidly went along with it so he'd appear on the right side of history even though he never backed it up.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wanted to be on the right side of history but did nothing to create it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mhmmm yes quite.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:40 pm @S~V~S

If you had to quantify it what percent would you say Mac is probably civ?
I am not sure what you are asking me. There are only a few people that I think are more than (random percentage) 65% likely to be civ, and Mac isn't one of them.

But based on my reread of his Day One, I read his posts as a natural progression when taken in context. I have no idea why anyone whould try to NK him Night One, so I think the theory positing a specific sequence of events which make Mac bad is faulty for that reason. It is possible, but I don't find it likely.

So I personally am unlikley to vote for him today.

I wanted to ask you a question too. When I asked Badishes about "baddie", both you and Nanook thought I was implying a slip on Radishes part.

Why did you go after Nanook so hard, but not Radishes?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:25 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 pm I think we should hunt as if we don't have a great lead and then assess as we go? :shrug:
How does one do that exactly?
...not by ruling out someone simply because they aren't on one of the two baddie teams.

If one is not on one of the two baddie teams .... they're a civ (or the other indy role), right? I think the best reason to rule someone out is becasue they are not on one of the two baddie teams.

I have a question for you, this post of G Mans, this large appeal to emotion:
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:15 pm Okay, if we’re going to wander down this cocksure ‘G-Man is totes bad’ road to disappointment, then I request that:

1) Someone kill me tonight.

2) Lynch me Day 3.

I’m overwhelmed by the sheer volume of posts. The only reads I have are on players that I think I know well enough, which comes to about seven or eight people. That’s not enough to do the town any good. I’m going to continue to be of little use to the civvies, because all I can muster at this rate is skimming at best. Even that involves skipping large chunks of posts that are about people I’m clueless of.

I admit to being overwhelmed and yet I refuse to sub out. With this much suspicion brewing around me, it’s not fair to ask someone else to come in and wait to die. So that’s not happening. Lynch me and use my lynch for information. We just caught a baddie on Day 2. That gives us a chance to calm down, make a mistake, and be thoughtful and intentional about learning something from it.

As much as I love our hosts, I recognized too late that joining this game was a mistake. There are too many players with too similar personalities making too many posts. Too many of you just blend together in my head. That’s not just this game though- it every game that’s not a Heist. Heck, sometimes even Heists are too much for me. That’s why you don’t see a ‘Best Civ’ or ‘MVP’ Socky in my treasure chest and never will.

After this game, I’m sticking to Heists and hosting. I’m excited about the next game I plan to host. Perhaps that’s where my strengths are. They’re certainly not here.

I don’t want to fight. I don’t want to insult people in the process of trying to convince you I am civ. Let my death convince you of that. If you see me, I’m not lurking; I’m just trying to tread water as best I can.

Thank you and good night.
It worked, becasue I felt like a very bad person for suspecting him.

My question is this; do YOU think G Man would make this post from aplace of manipulation, rather than realsies? I am tending to think the latter, but I am asking you this specifically becasue your interaction with him irl is similar to mine. G Mans baddie game does not involvoe this level of manipulation, imo. I don't see hm doing it.

But all the thread, all my feels up to this point, the vote analyses ... I dunno.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, if he had not made that post, I would have voted for him already, tbh.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:43 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 pm I think we should hunt as if we don't have a great lead and then assess as we go? :shrug:
...not by ruling out someone simply because they aren't on one of the two baddie teams.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:36 pm
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
This is not someone trying to actually solve the game.
This is someone looking to antagonize anyone who disagrees into exhaustion.
You literally just said to abandon all of our leads?
Dare I suggest that Mac and Dom ignore each other for the time being? There's plenty of mafia to go around. Just a suggestion.
...Since the hell when does Epi say shit like this?
Did I find your teammate?

Are we going to address the fact that Mac is playing a grievance based game that isn't grounded in finding baddies-- just revenge for crossing him?
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:22 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 am
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 am Also G-Man is the fool's wagon imo. It's gonna be Mac vs Sig.
Talk to me about GMan.

Even if Sig was scum, and he’s not, there’s a fourth wolf.
I honestly think it could be Epi.

It could be G-man too, for sure. In fact I think it's pretty likely. But tbh I kinda fell for his ATE a liiiittle bit, and I just think he's the easy choice for today that the scum want us all to hop onto. :shrug2:
For someone who likes to call my posts useless, this post is utterly useless.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:36 am
How and by whom?

...you literally started your suspicion of me by saying that you think I would prefer to play every game in a Mac-Free paradise.
And then turn around and claim that I'm personally attacking you.
Get a grip.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:43 am Can you guys please tell me how I am supposed to act so that I can do that? Oh wait, my town meta is my scum meta is my town meta so I'll be bad for that too.
I literally haven't said any of this.
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:08 am
Mac is toxic.
Mac is attacking people.
It's fucking ridiculous.

...so....

fuck you.
You do this every freaking game.

Like you people are lamenting how mean people are to Mac while personally attacking me in spades all game.
Get bent.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:54 am

If one is not on one of the two baddie teams .... they're a civ (or the other indy role), right? I think the best reason to rule someone out is becasue they are not on one of the two baddie teams.

I have a question for you, this post of G Mans, this large appeal to emotion:
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:15 pm Okay, if we’re going to wander down this cocksure ‘G-Man is totes bad’ road to disappointment, then I request that:

1) Someone kill me tonight.

2) Lynch me Day 3.

I’m overwhelmed by the sheer volume of posts. The only reads I have are on players that I think I know well enough, which comes to about seven or eight people. That’s not enough to do the town any good. I’m going to continue to be of little use to the civvies, because all I can muster at this rate is skimming at best. Even that involves skipping large chunks of posts that are about people I’m clueless of.

I admit to being overwhelmed and yet I refuse to sub out. With this much suspicion brewing around me, it’s not fair to ask someone else to come in and wait to die. So that’s not happening. Lynch me and use my lynch for information. We just caught a baddie on Day 2. That gives us a chance to calm down, make a mistake, and be thoughtful and intentional about learning something from it.

As much as I love our hosts, I recognized too late that joining this game was a mistake. There are too many players with too similar personalities making too many posts. Too many of you just blend together in my head. That’s not just this game though- it every game that’s not a Heist. Heck, sometimes even Heists are too much for me. That’s why you don’t see a ‘Best Civ’ or ‘MVP’ Socky in my treasure chest and never will.

After this game, I’m sticking to Heists and hosting. I’m excited about the next game I plan to host. Perhaps that’s where my strengths are. They’re certainly not here.

I don’t want to fight. I don’t want to insult people in the process of trying to convince you I am civ. Let my death convince you of that. If you see me, I’m not lurking; I’m just trying to tread water as best I can.

Thank you and good night.
It worked, becasue I felt like a very bad person for suspecting him.

My question is this; do YOU think G Man would make this post from aplace of manipulation, rather than realsies? I am tending to think the latter, but I am asking you this specifically becasue your interaction with him irl is similar to mine. G Mans baddie game does not involvoe this level of manipulation, imo. I don't see hm doing it.

But all the thread, all my feels up to this point, the vote analyses ... I dunno.
Finally a real post to respond to.
I agree. And I don't like that I feel deterred from G because of it.
What do we do?

And what I meant was that Mac isn't on ONE of the teams. But he could be on the other. So we shouldn't ignore him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:56 am Th claiming credit for Radishes feels sooooo fake
Hard agree.
AND!

Turnip Head never really responded to this. Just said "sorry" for not acknowledging my questions and prods. He never did anything about that. That the sign of an insincere apology and he doesn't actually think he should be or wants to be held accountable for, quite frankly, baddie play.
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:57 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:52 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:49 am Sloon--

your post confirms what i'm thinking about sabie.

I'd like to hear more from ted.
Yeah, the sabie stuff was my biggest takeaway there. It also felt good to cross TH off the list after independently arriving at a town read on him earlier, but that only eliminates TH from being a member of one of the teams. It’s still theoretically possible he’s on the other team. I’ll call it unlikely though.
Oof. I was not liking TH at all today.
Why?
I asked Turnip who he'd vote for if his top suspect was not an option. He declined to answer. Later, I asked him if his analysis of something JJack posted actually made Jack bad or if he just didn't like it.
Turnip did not respond, but turned around and used that line on me later.

He says he civ reads me, but isn't engaging in good faith.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:14 am
sig wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:07 am Even tying me to Radish is fundamentally a flawed thing since the vast movement on him was the day when I couldn't contribute.

Also nah Mac's gotta go, his flip to lynch me after civ reading me just further cements my read here.
Nah Radish was a major thing on d1 as well. My point was that he was absolutely a more realistic d1 push than nanook, yet you firmly pushed for nanook and largely ignored the common sentiments against Radish.
I see someone already brought this up. His Nanook suspicion, which he had time to push, grew out of a situation where he thought I was tying Badishes and Nanook together (for someone who gets accused of over explaining and TMI all the time, I sure make a lot of unclear easily misinterpreted statements, lol).

Tonight is Super Tuesday, and I am a ludicrous politics junkie, so I will likely be scarce tonight, but will make efforts to pop in, as I will during work today.

linki [mention]Dom[/mention] so I am reading this as you think he's being manipulative? I am not so sure. I am going to sit on it for now and think about it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I have outlined a case against Mac that involves his out of no-where Day 2 vote for Radishes when he was NOT in the lead for votes, his lack of ability to converse with those who disagree, and him lashing out and appealing to emotion.

If that makes me a toxic asshole then just admit you like Mac and don't want him to be sad that he's been found out.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

SVS--
I think he could be, yes. And that makes me very nervous.
G-Man is not one to be underestimated.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Oh S~V~S- your last post clarified something for me. Thank you. I have been wondering what ATE meant, as people have been using that acronym in respect to my big post.

But it wasn’t an appeal to emotion in order to take heat off of me. It was just me being honest with you all. I’m still skimming and skipping around to keep pace. I’m fine with being lynched if you all still think I’m shady. If you choose to go elsewhere, just know that my outlook and availability isn’t going to change.

I would hate myself for trying to use a post like that for emotional manipulation. When I’m bad, I’m chaotic evil. When I’m good, I’m more like chaotic neutral. I’m really more like Caesar Romero’s Joker than Heath Ledger’s.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:11 am Oh S~V~S- your last post clarified something for me. Thank you. I have been wondering what ATE meant, as people have been using that acronym in respect to my big post.

But it wasn’t an appeal to emotion in order to take heat off of me. It was just me being honest with you all. I’m still skimming and skipping around to keep pace. I’m fine with being lynched if you all still think I’m shady. If you choose to go elsewhere, just know that my outlook and availability isn’t going to change.

I would hate myself for trying to use a post like that for emotional manipulation. When I’m bad, I’m chaotic evil. When I’m good, I’m more like chaotic neutral. I’m really more like Caesar Romero’s Joker than Heath Ledger’s.
Thank You! This is what I thought (and again, if you are tricking me, you will hear stern words post game, lol). I could not envision a world where baddie G Man would use manipulation to that extent. Becasue really, your vote in the last lynch looks like shit :noble:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Tranq »

I agree with S~V~S on G-Man.
I agree with Dom on Turnip Head.
I agree with sig on MacDougall.
I agree with Epignosis on Jackofhearts2005.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Does anyone know how many toes MacDougall has? This is important to my read of him. He may not even be able to wear civ shoes.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

For real though Mac is clearly town and anyone who can't see that is not trying hard enough
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am For real though Mac is clearly town and anyone who can't see that is not trying hard enough
Buddy, you’re gonna feel a bit awkward if and when Mac flips scum
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The case on Mac is top notch cringe mainly driven by Sig's woman scorned persona

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”