Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tedxtr

Spoiler: show
tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:57 am Still waiting for those hot takes
page 12 nutella is yucky
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:34 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:42 pm Wait.

~copy/paste rainbow snip~

This is random and way too full for so early a point in the game. Some of the names listed had barely posted.

[VOTE: Vote MacDougall] aubergine

Yeah, I like this.

I'm going to head to bed now.
Why do I read this as a wolf that came out of wolf chat and decided to ISO low posters because probably nobody focused on em and it’s easy to fake contribution by doing that

Feeling content with my vote
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:33 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:31 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:20 pm I don't know why I feel resistance to read S-V-S as town. Cause she probably very well could be.
Good read
What? This is a terrible read. What does it even mean?
@ me in this I’ll explain later
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:07 am So, what I got from Dys was that they presented some form of reluctance to town read S~V~S even though it's most likely a town slot

Here's why : I initially town read S~V~S's engagement with sig, I didn't sense any TMI / subtle pushing back at sig for his read, moreso S~V~S was rather confused at sig and was trying to understand his push, which is really townie. However, other than that, there wasn't anything to town read other than her tone, but nothing exceptionally townie outside of that. Afterwards, I came across the Jack vote and I thought it was scummy because I was also scum reading nutella at the time and that call out on Jack made me irk and I was left with a sour taste ever since then. I had other stuff to focus on and I was really ambivalent towards S~V~S and after Dys pointed that out, it made me rethink of S~V~S's push on Jack and came to the conclusion that it was a town thought just because scum would almost never do that kind of push especially if they're defending a buddy.

It's a combo of these stuff that made me resonate with Dys' observation there

MacDougall
S~V~S
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:40 am I skimmed the Mac push and I want it on record that he does have a point w/r/t his other GoC games, I scum read him from his first few posts and questions in Inception when I was practicing my scum hunting and I am far from feeling him scum here

Although him showing his pelts is kind of a turn off
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 am First, I think you’re putting a lot more stock into how I’m reading you when my suspicion was more of a “he’s not doing anything and has shit tone so i’m fine voting there” which feels rather weird. You even mentioned how my vote on you would express towards that, even though it’s not in these exact words, but this is essentially what you were doing as well. I wasn’t really scum reading you heavily because I had nothing to go based off of. I do have for G-Man. You started posting a lot more of your analysis, which was what my initial vote was based on, you not doing anything. I think this angle that you’ve taken is really opportunistic because I don’t remember saying anything about your slot other than placing a vote on you or calling you scum for not doing anything. This dichotomy is weird, do you feel like I should be voting you right here or? I don’t get it. It seems like disingenous posturing, you mentioned I was looking elsewhere while voting you, so I wasn’t really scum reading you, and i clearly stated reasons for scum reading G-Man and pushing him.

Secondly, yes, I think that posting is real and it doesn’t even matter if he’s Saitama or not, my point was I expect mafia members to know of each other’s actions so that just spews him not scum.

Going back to my point about G-Man, you’ve been constantly poked and when you started doing shit, people kind of either left you or voted you anyway, which probably means you’re town, whereas G-Man has been poked, he’s on people’s scum lists, people have actual reasoning to vote there and yet he’s constantly being avoided. People comment on how bad he looks and never hard push him. But people do push you though.

I mean, Mac’s play just reminds me of All My Circuits really, and me having an obvious scum read on him reading Inception and seeing how easy he is to be caught as scum, of course I’m going to lean the opposite because I can’t find anything scum about him in this game, so what’s your point?
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:32 am
'His posts stuck out...' - yeah, for you reading in retrospect, sure. If they were that obvious, why didn't he get lynched right away?

And also, context is necessary. Inception was a game Mac had invited a lot of his new Champs friends to, and he presumably had more time to play. I'm not at all surprised he's playing differently here regardless of alignment.

How is this even relevant for anything? I didn't even play Inception, what matters how other people in the game perceived him compared to how I perceived him from an objective stance? what?

Also, you hinting towards activity levels changing a person's playstyle to be either more scummy or townie is a horrible point. Also also, if it's "presumably", then "context is necessary" isn't necessary.

It's about people's posts not how much they post, who even mentioned I was scum leaning him based on his activity?

You moved the goalposts from me saying "his posts were clearly making him scum" to "well because he was active you scum read him" which i've never even hinted towards
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am Hi I’d like to introduce you to a concept known as the fake derp clear, have you been introduced before or is this your first time?
I would've perceived it as fake if I had a reason to believe he was scum. Which I don't. Because, once again, he has nothing scummy about him.

Jumping from me not having any reasoning to scum read a slot that I've easily scum read in the past to believing an alleged "fake attempt at derp clear because he's scum" requires some kind of mental contortion to get to that conclusion.
I mean you’re pushing something that just isn’t AI as a reason to TR mac, and it just isn’t.
My point was that I'm not seeing scum Mac here unlike his Inception game where I sniped his ass page 10 or something.
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 am I skipped to mac mentioning me and skimmed below
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:57 am I called Radishes scum and G-Man scum on N1 check that shit out

Radishes’ push on me rustled my jimmies but the thought only occurred to me in my REM sleep cycle but glad he got lynched tbh

He created a me - Mac dichotomy to point to me scum even though he had no read of Mac and he was also building that at the time I was starting to get heat

I mean it’s not even heat but like people were pushing me whatevs
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:40 am
sabie12 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:21 am This game has been so hard for me to follow It takes me at least a half hour to catch up on reading everything after I leave and come back. I don't know why me voting for nutella who did not flip town and mac who is not confirmed town must mean I'm bad. I voted for mac because I thought his gameplay matched his other mafia gameplay before. We still don't know that mac isn't bad. I can see why people think I'm not playing well this game and that's a fair assessment because I'm having a hard time keeping up and making reads there is so much going on. So yeah I am trying my best and I always think it's better to be honest and to at least try to put my vote somewhere that I think makes sense than to make up fake reads or not vote at all. People always think I'm scummy because my posts are weird and my gameplay style doesn't make sense to them.
Alright, I didn't know what to start with but I guess I'll take this at a time when I'm actually able to analyse stuff on PC. Let's enter sabie's mind a little bit.

Sabie, admittedly, has avoided the Radishes wagon and decided to vote for him instead. The main reasoning was that his gameplay was reminiscing of a mafia meta. That's fine.

What isn't fine is how Sabie goes around the bolded and red line. It's something about the second sentence that strikes me as an odd thing to see from an uninformed PoV. Allegedly, sabie has already faltering reasons for scum reading Mac, which is meta. I honestly don't agree with mac aligning himself with his past mafia self so I'd really appreciate if sabie can describe to me how mac's different.

I'll cut to the chase, from a town PoV, mac's recent play was fairly good and I'd reckon a meta read would falter easily, but sabie's stiff on that read. The second line comes from a scum PoV that basically says "Oh well I'm being pushed for scum reading mac but we don't even know he doesn't flip scum here" which subtly hints towards the idea of sabie believing her read but I interpret that as having other underlying reasons for scum reading mac that sabie can't out, because it's the type of feels that scum teams have on the opposing team's scums, if that makes sense (also, the "we don't even know if he's flipping baddie speaks from a mindset of "well we don't know what he'll flip" - lol, obvious, but the point i was making was that this is said implies that sabie is unsure of the read herself, which, if she is, why does she seem to not be and if she's not, then why is she saying "we don't know"?). I interpret it that way because no way is sabie that confident in Mac flipping wolf off meta, especially when he's obviously not scum based on meta :shrug:, so she is secretive of other aspects that make her truthfully believe mac's scum with conviction.

Firstly, why'd you even base it off accuracy? That's what scum look for, lynching other scums and getting the credit. Mac flipping wolf by no means absolves you of anything, but it is a scum thought more than it is a town thought, because you think it'd make you look good for lynching scum when you're just playing according to your wincon.

And the crucial point I wanted to emphasize on is that sabie is virtually saying "let him flip wolf and that will confirm me" instead of explaining WHY she believes he's scum and burying him to death. That signals that she acknowledges her push is wrongly based but the ultimate conclusion that she draws out of it is that "the means which you get through to scum read someone don't matter if they ultimately flip scum" which I perceive to be a wolf thought rather than a civvie one, hope that made some sense.
Summary, sabie's bolded line expresses a thought of "follow me on mac, flip him and prove him wrong" even though her reasoning for scum reading him shouldn't reflect that type of thought, which is a meta read that, from my PoV, doesn't fit at all. The "we don't even know if mac is bad" is speaking more from a wolf mindset of "the means which you get to a scum read on someone doesn't matter as long as they flip wolf" which is more unlikely to come from a town that meta read someone at the last minute as mafia, it's also a pre-emptive defence. I don't think Sabie actually believes in mac flipping wolf and she seems to imply it heavily in this post, I can't see sabie scum reading mac heavily off a meta read, unless there were underlying reasons that she wouldn't be able to pinpoit because they heavily rely on what scum factions feel for slots, which town have no knowledge of.

Let's take a look :
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm I've also not been a fan of TH this game I just read the ISO. My first issue with them at the beginning of the game was making reads with no real explanation. Then their treatment of colin was weird to me like they were so sure its gotta be colin and anyone who thought maybe give colin a chance must be bad too. Now all of a sudden since no one was following that he's onto something else. Shrug idk I don't feel great about him so far.

I think right now though I feel worse about mac. I'm not seeing him as civ and in looking back at other games I could see his responses as a scum mac. He is trying to get people off himself without trying to make cases elsewhere. His blindly following jack on nutella was meh. I know he has a way of trying to sneakily get suspicion in different directions without directly saying it.
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
@sabie12 could you develop on your reasons for meta reading him wolf and maybe quote some posts from other games that make you feel like they match his current gameplay?
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:41 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm @tedxtr Ok. I don't know what to say to that. I've liked your other posts, mostly. /shrug.

Jimmay reminding me that we should probably just lynch Radish.
[VOTE:
Radish]
aubergine
This post probably spews dys as not scum partners with radishes. If they were planning a bus, there would've been less hopping around and it seemed like Mac was being a bigger target at that time, so a bus makes no sense here. The credit is virtually non-existent because there wasn't any theatre previously between them two or anything.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:46 am
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 am Also G-Man is the fool's wagon imo. It's gonna be Mac vs Sig.
Bite your tongue right now
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:49 am People pushing a sig v mac narrative are deflecting from the real scum wagon that ought to be lynched is g-man

The deep wolf that’s not even a deep wolf
tedxtr wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am After endless debates I have concluded that Dys' slip analysis isn't an actual thing. Also their G-Man read makes little to no sense, although I'd like them to elaborate on how G-man treating their slot was townie. Also, G-man didn't engage with you at all dizzy, he just said "night phase went well except for dys dying" and that's it. Dyslexicon

People that are claiming sig has to be scum and aren't questioning why he couldn't have just TMI as a town role (which is the only thing dys' case can be even pointed to, but I don't think that's even a viable probability) is weird. Juliets' vote stuck out like a sore thumb. She went hard on him for no reason, just based off this nonsensical case, and her calling sig desperate so early feels really fake. Moreso, claiming she read his ISO but holding him accountable ONLY for this slip thing is wolfy.

Sig's basically saying that a protective role WOULDN'T have targeted mac and thus, he would have other tools at his disposal to survive the night. scummy ones.

Also also, the "what is ted doing on g-man" when I haven't posted in like 24 hours or something is really bad. Especially when I don't remember juliets even saying anything about G-man, so why even say that?

I can follow sig's train of thought actually.

I'll probably look at TH's push on me at some point but it isn't on my priority list.
tedxtr wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 am there's so many places where sig could've gotten the information on Mac being scum if you even want to make it about that. btsc, him being lassie, tracker / watcher.

From what I understood, his suspicion came from a place of him believing mac targeted him along with sprit's sudden push on him, which he called sprit scum for, which I can follow through. Sprit's vote and push is completely nonsensical unless he has TMI and I don't see anything scummy about connecting the dots that way?
tedxtr wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:48 am juliets, why does my vote stand out to you from the other 5 people off the sig v mac thunderdome? especially when you have no read on g-man.
tedxtr wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:54 pm [VOTE: Mac ] aubergine

Night

If someone wants to CFD juliets i don’t mind tbh but the general feeling i get is that the game won’t continue in normal parametres unless sig and mac get lynched

So i will probably take my time to finish my projects and will be checking in more rarely until we’re over with this stalemate and yeah, feel free to mention me in posts cuz i’m probably only checking those for the next few days

The overarching themes are two-fold: ted read Mac positively for the most part on the basis of a meta comparison to Inception, and he wanted G-Man lynched instead of Mac. The former is of some concern to me, because 1) he didn't play Inception, and just reading a game with everything revealed is nothing like playing in one, and 2) the basis of that meta comparison is unstated. Mac was just somehow different. Okay then. I grant that it would be unusual for a mafioso to go about making a read on a teammate in this manner; I don't recall seeing that before. His pursuit of G-Man bothers me less; it fits his high-confidence personality in this game to hold to a suspicion regardless of the alternatives being presented. He ended up voting Mac on Day 3 a few hours pre-deadline. I don't know why. He seemed to take sig's word for it? It's not clear. I'm not inclined to dissociate.

Compatibility: Decent
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

The thread will be locked shortly in preparation for a special event tomorrow.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

SPECIAL EVENT WHAT

IM UNREASONABLY EXCITED FOR WHAT IS SURE TO BE TORTURE
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Oh my. Sounds sexy.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:08 pm The thread will be locked shortly in preparation for a special event tomorrow.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

The special event will be my own lynching of wolves with blackjack and hookers after I tell Jay his analysis sucks because it doesn't confirm the opinions I already have.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Highly unlikely I'm gonna finish these. Turnip Head could be a teammate
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

~*~special event~*~

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Is the special event that the mafia surrender and we win?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Will there be dueling? Rapscallionery? Swashbucklingness? Sarah lance fighting and fucking her way through history?

Wait I just described legends of tomorrow
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:19 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:02 pm I would, right now, vote sig, TH, Mac, and anyone who has appealed to emotion. I would murder the emotion right out of this game.
Snooping speed's posts, and just came upon this guy.

To be fair, these are my scum reads.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by Long Con »

Welcome to Inception Mafia! Some of you have fallen asleep, perchance to dream, some are deeper still, and others will insist that they are still awake! If this is indeed a dream, then it is a shared one... and your decisions could be lethal!

A Crushing Defeat

The heroes were relieved to have stopped Saitama's assassination attempt, but the victory had not come without a price. Messing with the dimensional machine's controls had revealed the heroes' presence to the Anti-Monitor, who had sent a legion of shadow demons, led by his lieutenant, The Architect. As the fortress began to fill with enemies, they sealed and barricaded the doors of the control room.

The Architect laughed. "You are fools to think you can stand against the might of the Anti-Monitor! Together, he and I will construct new universes, and live as GODS!"

"He's right," sighed Aja. "What have we done, but trap ourselves in here?" A loud bang dented in the door, causing them all to jump. "Not for long though!"

"Surely there's something we can do... maybe these machines can open a portal!" Agatha Heterodyne began working furiously to figure out how they worked, as the banging on the door grew louder, and the influx of shadow demons more imminent. "Eureka! I think I have it!" she cried, jamming two wires together with a shower of sparks, causing a portal to flare to life. The destination appeared to be in flux, though, shifting from Kirby Mafia, to Community, to a white haze, then Fallout Mafia.

"Is that safe?" asked Abed tentatively.

"Safer than staying here, kid!" shouted Seamus. "They're almost through!"

The Architect, seeing their plan through a window, chuckled evilly, and quickly accessed the portal controls through a panel. The door finally gave way with a loud blast, and shadow demons began to flood into the room.

"The portal has stabilized!" shouted Agatha. Everybody in-HHRRRK!" She fell back, a large gash on her shoulder from a wicked shadow demon claw. Bill Rawls grabbed her and quickly got her through the portal, and most of the heroes made it through.

"Agatha!" shouted Bill. "How do we close it?!" Agatha, however, was unconsious. He looked down and found a controller in her limp hand, and picked it up and jammed the button with his thumb.

"Wait!" cried Abed. "Not everybody made it thr-"

<<FLASSHHHHH!!!>>

Everyone was knocked out for a moment when the portal closed violently, and when they woke up, they could see that not everyone was still together. They knew, though, with grim certainty, who hadn't made it through the portal.

S~V~S has been killed! She was The Oracle, a Civilian, the MU season 6 Scrimmage Mafia, by Sloonei. S~V~S was also Pariah, and her ghost will never disappear.

The Oracle has chosen to reveal sig's role. Sig is The Architect.

nutella has been killed! She was Santa, a Civilian, from World Flags Mafia, by sprityo.

Day 4 has begun!

Oof. I regret saying my reads were good

Architect having secrets and the switching thing means sig has to die today

If the green arrow shot got redirected that’s probably a good thing to claim (I think this can be claimed, item claiming is allowed at least?), as it probably was targeting scum.

This is probably the secrets but still better safe than sorry imo
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Please bear with us; we will have a lynch poll ASAP. We have dispatched for technicians.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Nanook
sprityo
tedxtr
Turnip Head

Those are the players in this thread. They will be the only ones in the poll.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kinda a waste of an oracle use but what can you do?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Rest in peace correct civ reads.

Welp, there goes the kill sig plan
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:02 pm ColinIsCool
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Nanook
sprityo
tedxtr
Turnip Head

Those are the players in this thread. They will be the only ones in the poll.

I guess we could lynch TH.

I don't really feel like anyone else here is that suspicious.

I mean you should probably find me somewhat suspicious, in all honesty

Why couldn't we get Tranq
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

I don't suspect Jack anymore.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am behind a few pages by the way.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

hello boys

sprityo could be the anti-monitor imo. His ISO only takes like ten minutes to read if anyone feels like going through it.

First half of sprit's ISO he weakly shades Jack (threatening to do so all the game), the second half he sinks his teeth into Mac and his posts become 90% about Mac. No consideration or banter, in sprit's mind Mac is basically confirmed bad, which makes sense if he was teamed with sig

anyways read his quick little ISO and tell me what you think
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not bad by the way, I just have no idea what I'm doing
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:11 pm I mean you should probably find me somewhat suspicious, in all honesty

Why couldn't we get Tranq
You're probably my second from top suspect of the options I have here, which doesn't mean much.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:48 am Epignosis

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:38 pm Confirmation that Jay is Radishes teammate
Eh?
Jay made readslist.

I copied it and replaced my name with his.

My post was about 3 posts after Jay's.

Radishes calls me scum for doing something Jay did three posts before me for realsies that I did as a joke.

Radishes avoided calling Jay scum.

Because they are teammate.
I'll wait.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:34 am Lol I feel like there are quite a few people who are just falling in love with the idea of catching me and not actually reading my play. Namely Dom, Nanook, Jack and now Nutella. Dom especially only really amped it up on me when I came back to thread live and a bunch of others (Jay, Nanook, Sloonei) all simultaneously started hounding me. It was too opportunistic and I do not trust.

I'm not really one who generally believes/trusts when people make self meta reads but if you've seen my GoC play, or really the vast majority of my mafia play, before (and I have been mafia in multiple), I can't see how you look at this game and think you're seeing the mafia version of Mac.

I'm not saying that I'm playing well or anything, quite the contrary, but mislynching me today would be a poor result. We should lynch someone who sucks more at Mafia ergo if they are mislynched would be no loss. Someone like Jay, Epi, or Sloonei.
Stop defending yourself.

Who's bad? Why?
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 am Jack isn't town here. If there's one read you should come back to if/when I die it should be this one. I can best summarise it by saying that he feels like he is only half attempting to scum hunt when compared to his actual range. Which would be forgiveable if he wasn't also ever present. He is holding back. Actually this is probably explains why I've had suspicion on a range of other players too. Jay, Sloonei, S~V~S, TSP, Dyslexicon all fit the bill.
I mean, besides Jack.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:01 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm I've also not been a fan of TH this game I just read the ISO. My first issue with them at the beginning of the game was making reads with no real explanation. Then their treatment of colin was weird to me like they were so sure its gotta be colin and anyone who thought maybe give colin a chance must be bad too. Now all of a sudden since no one was following that he's onto something else. Shrug idk I don't feel great about him so far.

I think right now though I feel worse about mac. I'm not seeing him as civ and in looking back at other games I could see his responses as a scum mac. He is trying to get people off himself without trying to make cases elsewhere. His blindly following jack on nutella was meh. I know he has a way of trying to sneakily get suspicion in different directions without directly saying it.
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
This is a classic scum vote. Talk about someone else first. But ultimately have little reason to have even brought it up because the goal is to get your vote on the mislynch.
I agree with Mac here. This is shite.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 pm Steaming the tamales, which I've never made before and am unlikely to make again. What a pain in the ass. Who came up with the idea of putting dough in corn husks?

I'm here for half an hour.
move your vote
Why?
Because Jay's town and we're not about to lynch him in the last half hour of the day with several viable options on the board.
Yesterday ruined me for this day phase. I can't keep up and shit keeps piling up.

Why is your preference Radishes over Mac?
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 pm Dizzy's proposed hot potato on my is not a bad look. There were several established counterwagons already on the board, including Mac who does not look like a compatible Radish partner. If anyone wanted to save Radishes, all they needed to do was vote Mac.
Agreed.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:15 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:12 pm Mac hasn't tried to find a baddie for a second. He only cared about lynching anyone not named Mac.
I have refrained thus far from commenting on Dom vs Mac, but this is a silly thing to say. Come on now.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:46 pm To answer Dyslexicon:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 pm I just tied it up.
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:33 pm

That's the when.

The why was mostly fucking around. I had an early suspicion of Radishes ages ago. No suspicion of Mac. So I did a thing.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:50 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:46 pm To answer Dyslexicon:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 pm I just tied it up.
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:33 pm

That's the when.

The why was mostly fucking around. I had an early suspicion of Radishes ages ago. No suspicion of Mac. So I did a thing.
Thank yous.

So what you are saying is that you are not on the Radish team, but you are on the Mac team? :charlieblackmon:
Yes.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:12 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm And If Mac is mafia, Epi is a teammate for sure since he tied it up.
If.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:29 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm Also food for thought that I'm workshoping:

N1 there was no kill
This is correct.
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pmand Sprityo/Dom started to pursue Mac more heavily.
I'll take your word for it.
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm Now there were a few things floating around about that,
I'm not sure what you mean here. What things?
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm but given some of the voters on his wagon and how Sabie flipped I think Team 1 tried to kill Mac and it didn't work since he has the one night kill protection. Which led to a push from some of the players on his wagon to flip him to gain civ credit.
This bit is begging the question. Your assumption is that Mac was the N1 kill target and that the Night 1 killing team went after him, which is why Mac is bad. There are also a host of reasons why someone could survive a kill. I doubt very seriously Mac was the Night 1 kill target. I wouldn't kill him. He was doing fuck all.

I am not opposed to lynching MacDougall. I need to be convinced. This doesn't do it for me.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:23 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 pm Epi is like idk my 5th to 8th highest scumread. He’s not even really on the menu. I’d rather get GMan or Mac.
G-Man I get. I have my own grievance.

I have read so much shit about Mac and I still don't understand what people see there. I see an angry old man who yells at anything that yells back.

Meanwhile, Radishes is dead. sabie is dead. There's shit to work with there.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:43 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:25 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 pm I think we should hunt as if we don't have a great lead and then assess as we go? :shrug:
How does one do that exactly?
...not by ruling out someone simply because they aren't on one of the two baddie teams.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:36 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 pm I think we should hunt as if we don't have a great lead and then assess as we go? :shrug:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
This is not someone trying to actually solve the game.
This is someone looking to antagonize anyone who disagrees into exhaustion.
You literally just said to abandon all of our leads?
Dare I suggest that Mac and Dom ignore each other for the time being? There's plenty of mafia to go around. Just a suggestion.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:25 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 pm Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
Go on.
I have yet to see you take control of the game in the way that I am used to. I have seen the same tone that I am used to but not the same impact.
Not going to happen. I'm here maybe a couple of hours in the evening. I work two jobs and have three kids. Games on the Internet that don't make me any cash draw the short straw.
But ... Mafia is life? :confused:
Debt is slavery. I eliminate the former and I am a free man. :llama:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 pm Okay- I have a game with my family and then Walrus III. After that if I'm not drunk and passed out, I'll finish reading and hopefully do something that satisfies Mac "I have nipples so I'm bad" Dougall. :meany:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:19 pm What are you asking me, nutella? I'm quite behind and don't know the context.
If sig is bad, there’s a 50% chance he starts the day with -2 votes. A tie doesn’t do much and may just be ensuring a mac lynch.
And then MacDougall gets lynched instead, which is apparently the itinerary for Day 4 as I understand it. What's it matter? :shrug2:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 pm I think sig is a better lynch than Mac.
Why?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:00 pm Inb4 the masters team is sum bs like Jay/Nut/Sloo/Epi.
Shit, if it was, we'd have already won this shit.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:30 pm Worms time. I'll be back before the poll locks. I like my vote where it is. sig can hang. Mac can hang. I don't give a shit.

The word that comes to mind here is "empty". These posts go nowhere, and that is a concern. I don't see evidence that Epignosis was doing anything on his own to learn Mac's alignment. I highlighted two bits toward the middle of the spoiler that I do not care for. Epi was "not opposed" to lynching Mac, but still needed some kind of "convincing" -- whatever that means -- and then he told us about his non-suspicion of Mac relative to the "convincing" that others had provided. If he didn't see the case, why was he "not opposed"? This is soft shit for Epignosis. It all looks aimless.

Compatibility: High
You neglected a very important point:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:50 am Lol don't let this exercise fool you. Jay is Mac's teammate.

(I say this based on him being so quick to dismiss my Mac "equity" as if he knows I'm innocent. I'm not sure I actually think this yet but I thought it would sound smart. I'll do some homework on it tomorrow.)
JJJ has sounded like a tool to me this entire time. So phony. He's going through the motions.

I could go for sprit I guess. Maybe Dom if I had to but I don’t really want to (maybe that makes them scum at this point, idk). Turnip head...sure, why not. I don’t have strong feelings on pretty much any of you guys tbh
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ColinIsCool - Colin is a big meh this game and has equity with Mac.
Dom - Dom is town
Epignosis - Epi is town
Jackofhearts2005 - Jack is town
Nanook - I don't have a great read on Nanook but he seems fine. Probably can say he's not scum with Mac.
sprityo - Not scum with Mac in spite of Jay's blahdyblah. I kinda don't feel like he's giving the least shits possible as the last member of team Sig/Sabie/Radishes but then again, I've seen Sprityo give no shits as a serial killer so I'm not locking him in as town. Also, he'd literally have to be exactly the Antimonitor to be scum.
tedxtr - Feels real town. Probably has antialignment with some of our lynches if I paid him enough attention.
Turnip Head - Pretty strong wolf equity with Mac what with defending him without really saying why and attacking players who attacked him. Like the best argument for TH being town is maybe wolf TH wouldn't be quite that blatant. Fairly sure he's not the 4th AM wolf.

So yeah, looking at Colin and TH. Open to hearing a case on Nanook or Ted but I doubt I'll follow one.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Why am I playing like absolute trash jfc
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Is it just sprit and sig then?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I wish G-Man or Juliets were in there tbh
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm hearing strange and foreign names like JJJ, G-Man, and juliets bring bandied about. No, we don't need any of those. We're a family now. Let's smoke cigars, get matching jackets, and then at the end of the day ritualistically sacrifice the life force of one of our members
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Preferably not me
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Yeah I’ve been slacking this game

But it’s been on purpose I assure you

If anything I would be fine with taking the L for today, since we as a town have been doing really good.

Also let’s not forget the mechanics of inception mafia today, there’s at least one mafia for each level if it’s staying true to the original
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Yeah agreed, almost definitely at least one possibly two mafia in this level.

Which, I mean, there’s still 4 mafia left to catch, so. If three of them are here I’m gonna give up trying to read you guys tbh

Actually there’s probably two mafia in here there aren’t THAT many players left
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I just want to say that my opinions in this game have been varied and real. I defended Mac because I pridefully thought I knew how to read him better than anyone else (I hosted a GoC where he was bad). I duked it out with jack for a while before landing on a civ read of him. I voted sig yesterday to save Mac, but then I ended up voting offwagon because I started to think sig was town too and thought town deserved a flip on Mac. I think I just want to see the best in all my friends. The only thing I got right so far was catching radishes dead to rights, which I'm not getting enough credit for because the rest of my reads have been garbagio. I'm just winging it, and my play has been ego centric, which I'm realizing has not been good for the game
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sprityo offering to "take the L" doesn't sound genuine at all, to me. Not from a town perspective anyways. I think he's all alone on team anti-monitor and ready to die sooner rather than later
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine

No way does town sprityo "take the L"
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Can someone explain the whole inception mechanic? We keep killing people until there’s 2 left or?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

TH you’re not getting credit for radishes because your progression on him was

“Scum list with radishes in it” without previous encounters

“Let’s lynch baddieshes” and then deflected on everyone else

“Vote : Master Radishes” at EoD without a reason
ImageImageImageImage

tedxtr wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:11 am Can someone explain the whole inception mechanic? We keep killing people until there’s 2 left or?
We’re here in the top layer.

There’s at least one more layer, I’d guess just one more based off player count.

Killing someone here kills them. “Killing” someone in the lower layer sends them to the top layer. Eventually the layers will merge back together.

Or that’s how it worked in the Inception game at least 🤷‍♀️
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:13 am TH you’re not getting credit for radishes because your progression on him was

I argue that no one would have given radishes a second glance without my input. I was low-key but instrumental.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

When I'm town I basically live to mindmeld with my fellow townies. It produces mixed results but I feel like it's a worthwhile goal
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Essentially I didn't do it for the credit
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:34 am
tedxtr wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:13 am TH you’re not getting credit for radishes because your progression on him was

I argue that no one would have given radishes a second glance without my input. I was low-key but instrumental.
What input is my point. There is none.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”