Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fleabag Mafia d2

Post by Sloonei »

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:18 pm but in fairness, he also caught me in goc 2019.
sorry i worded that poorly

i meant, who here has caught jjj when he was a wolf
i know, that is what i was answering. i caught him in those two games.

the latter of the two just happened to be multiball where we were both mafia on opposite teams.
Can you go into what he did in those two games that made him look scummy to you? What’s the differences between his townplay and scum game ?
Not without digging into the archives. Mountain Mafia was more than a couple years ago. If my foggy memory is correct, there was an instance where I fundamentally disagreed with an argument he was making, and that was the final nail in the coffin. But I can’t recall much more than that, and I would not give that game too much weight given that it was so long ago.

My thought process when I caught him in the multiball game was more or less “Jay is playing like me. I am mafia. Therefore Jay is also mafia.” So not super helpful here.
Jay is playing like you this game, so if he flips mafia should I just assume that makes you mafia?
of course
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:27 pm hey illario, what are ur current feeling about lc? u still think he's a wolf?
I hate to say this and be wrong, but as I’m reading through his wall posts I still think he is. I think he tends to take the busywork approach when he’s being fossed as a wolf whereas as town his solving is moreso focussed on live interactions and engaging with people
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:09 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:27 pm hey illario, what are ur current feeling about lc? u still think he's a wolf?
I hate to say this and be wrong, but as I’m reading through his wall posts I still think he is. I think he tends to take the busywork approach when he’s being fossed as a wolf whereas as town his solving is moreso focussed on live interactions and engaging with people
How am I supposed to do that when no one is posting?
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I literally got this in Deck Mafia 2 when people weren't posting.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:17 am

Yeah I get that. Ur kinda in a sticky situation where I think my read on you at this point is going to start confbiasing itself, but I do think the busywork you’re doing, whilst very much appreciated, is something you tend to do as mafia very often. On the chance I am wrong, I’m still reading everything you post and will heavily consider your reads if you do end up dying
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm 1-2 wolves in dolby/g-man, 1 wolf in illario/limecoke, 1-2 wolves in falcon/SoA/TSP
disagree on the last part
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I still maintain that soa is more villagery than the jjj/sloonei duo and I’m willing to die on that hill
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

If I had to gth pick who is more likely wolf in the two I’d probably say jjj, but I keep going back and forth in the two
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

If spf wasn’t clear I’d probably be fossing her rn because I hate how she’s set up a false dichotomy between me and lc
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 93
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 am “Oh. My premise against ilario was actually false, after I reviewed every page.

Uh. ilario still mafia.”

JJJ is struggling with this one.
mind talking about that a little more? what re-ignited your concern about illario?
I’m referring to Lime Coke rather than to ilario. If I understand the dialogue, you showed him that a premise on which he was doubting ilario was untrue, and it apparently was irrelevant and the doubts remained. I don’t get it on Lime’s part.
ah yes, i entirely misread your post lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am @ilario -

when you get the chance, could you please discuss your read on lime coke in more detail? it is true that you briefly engaged with lime coke about your concerns, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 18#p855818), accepted lime coke's explanation, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 33#p855833), and then brought up the exact same concern a dayphase later. is there anything else about lime coke that you find especially concerning?

the question here, i think, is whether or not it's wolfy for ilario to wolfread lime coke with that specific reasoning. given that:

A. illario had a pretty gradual build-up of suspicion of lime coke throughout his ISO

B. illario made other posts that implied his issues with lime coke extended beyond: "i don't like he outed his read on me" (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 727#p85572)

C. illario tends to read other players based on how they are reading him

i do not think that his read on lime coke is inherently wolfy. it fits with whatever conception i have of what an "illario wolfread" looks like. i find it believable that the read could come from ilario as a villager, but it would help me a lot if he was more specific about his concerns
A) the sus wasn’t build up. It was there from the beginning, I just didn’t want to express it immediately because I hate it when people gang up on lc regardless of his alignment. I wanted him to settle into the game first to avoid any potential toxicity.

B) my other reasons are not anything unique to what’s already been said. I didn’t like when he mentioned there’s slots scummier than himself as a way to defend himself, but this has already been mentioned. And his initial tr on sloonei also felt awkward to me.

I’m similar to you in that I haven’t seen that eureka moment where lcs towniness hits me, and that usually happens fairly early when he’s town
mm okay, who would u say ur top suspicion is right now outside of lime coke?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 am If I had to gth pick who is more likely wolf in the two I’d probably say jjj, but I keep going back and forth in the two
fwiw i am highly doubtful that one of them would be a wolf in this game without the other also being a wolf. i think that they are aligned, much like macdougall/kane were aligned in that recent game on MU if u remember what i mean. i also think theyre both town because i find both of them independently villagery and because nobody has expressed concerns about either of them that resonate with me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 am If spf wasn’t clear I’d probably be fossing her rn because I hate how she’s set up a false dichotomy between me and lc
i am mafia

(also i think there is a possibility that you/lc are both villagers. i just got the sense that your dynamic on d1 was not pure, and it looks like i may have been right about that)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i am currently leaning on lime coke being mafia. i do not feel confident about that. i will see how i feel when i get some sleep - i would appreciate it if no one hammered early
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am @ilario -

when you get the chance, could you please discuss your read on lime coke in more detail? it is true that you briefly engaged with lime coke about your concerns, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 18#p855818), accepted lime coke's explanation, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 33#p855833), and then brought up the exact same concern a dayphase later. is there anything else about lime coke that you find especially concerning?

the question here, i think, is whether or not it's wolfy for ilario to wolfread lime coke with that specific reasoning. given that:

A. illario had a pretty gradual build-up of suspicion of lime coke throughout his ISO

B. illario made other posts that implied his issues with lime coke extended beyond: "i don't like he outed his read on me" (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 727#p85572)

C. illario tends to read other players based on how they are reading him

i do not think that his read on lime coke is inherently wolfy. it fits with whatever conception i have of what an "illario wolfread" looks like. i find it believable that the read could come from ilario as a villager, but it would help me a lot if he was more specific about his concerns
A) the sus wasn’t build up. It was there from the beginning, I just didn’t want to express it immediately because I hate it when people gang up on lc regardless of his alignment. I wanted him to settle into the game first to avoid any potential toxicity.

B) my other reasons are not anything unique to what’s already been said. I didn’t like when he mentioned there’s slots scummier than himself as a way to defend himself, but this has already been mentioned. And his initial tr on sloonei also felt awkward to me.

I’m similar to you in that I haven’t seen that eureka moment where lcs towniness hits me, and that usually happens fairly early when he’s town
mm okay, who would u say ur top suspicion is right now outside of lime coke?
Gman probably but that’s boring
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:14 am
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 am If I had to gth pick who is more likely wolf in the two I’d probably say jjj, but I keep going back and forth in the two
fwiw i am highly doubtful that one of them would be a wolf in this game without the other also being a wolf. i think that they are aligned, much like macdougall/kane were aligned in that recent game on MU if u remember what i mean. i also think theyre both town because i find both of them independently villagery and because nobody has expressed concerns about either of them that resonate with me
“Because nobody has expressed concerns”

This is why I asked if anyone has caught them ever as a wolf. Because realistically, if nobody has the first hand experience to catch either as a wolf, then the argument that “nobody fosses them” isn’t sufficient to me. (Though I’m sure dizzy could if he were here and present because dizzy is A goat)

You said it yourself, if jjj is a wolf the signs probably wouldn’t start showing until later on. I’m sure he’s good enough to know how to mask himself for the first couple of days when it’s easiest to hide.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:14 am
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 am If spf wasn’t clear I’d probably be fossing her rn because I hate how she’s set up a false dichotomy between me and lc
i am mafia

(also i think there is a possibility that you/lc are both villagers. i just got the sense that your dynamic on d1 was not pure, and it looks like i may have been right about that)
Yeah but your post is essentially setting us up for failure if I’m wrong about lime, because then in that case people are just gonna misuse your theory about there having to be a wolf between me and lime and use it to push me. That coupled with the idea that “a player from epic mafia is likely to poison spf” essentially is sealing my fate in a world where lc is town.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:24 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:17 am

Yeah I get that. Ur kinda in a sticky situation where I think my read on you at this point is going to start confbiasing itself, but I do think the busywork you’re doing, whilst very much appreciated, is something you tend to do as mafia very often. On the chance I am wrong, I’m still reading everything you post and will heavily consider your reads if you do end up dying
Cool, self vote after I go over.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:15 am i am currently leaning on lime coke being mafia. i do not feel confident about that. i will see how i feel when i get some sleep - i would appreciate it if no one hammered early
I'm town, so have a massive backup plan for when that happens, please.

Sorry to disappoint but it is what it is.
Johanna
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Johanna »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:30 pm @Johanna Before I forget - Who said you’d probably enjoy playing with me? =p Cute though ^^
Oh I'd have to scour Discord for that...

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:38 pm ANY BURNING QUESTIONS OR HUG REQUESTS? I’m sleeping soon and tomorrow is hell
I would like a hug!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:02 pm I'm arrogant again and feel like the game is solved.

I removed my 6 strongest town reads... and they're all legitimately strong. That left me with the following POE pool:

Dolby
falcon
G-Man
Johanna
Lime Coke
Son of Anarch

Within that set, Johanna only has two fits. So she can't be mafia with these premises accepted.

Thus we're left with only two teams that can work:

Dolby, falcon, G-Man, Lime Coke
Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke, Son of Anarch

Put another way, the mafia team is: [Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke] plus one of [falcon, Son of Anarch].
I think it's not a perfect solve, but it is a solid PoE. I think it contains at least 2 wolves, possibly 3. I'm not sold on all 4. SPF's spread is more likely...
basically because there are more people.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:51 pm
Goddamn someone beat me to it.
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

To reiterate some things I've already said and some things I did not make clear but which other people have said:

I believe Jay/Sloonei are always the same alignment here.

I believe that there is a chance that either them or two of the second triad are partnered wolves
although most likely not.
But still there might be a wolf
and I mean SoA.
On a different note, I find it interesting that Lime Coke and G-Man both appeared to catch up almost simultaneously. It's probably just a coincidence
but I can't stop thinking about it.
I think that G-Man is finally here and we can actually throw reads on him. I'm interested how, in reference to the Jay/Sloonei partnership, they dissociate them completely. He has formed a list that is far from the consensus and that's something to evaluate
though I have no idea in which direction yet.
Lime Coke has had a bizarre couple pages worth of posts, I could vote there but I am extremely averse to uncontested wagons.

I find Jay's solve to be a good PoE to start from but I will not vote for Lime Coke without a competing wagon and I would like to hear more from the other suspects.

One salient thing is how Dolby has posted quite a bit, though not as much today, and has not seemed to have a great impact. I would expect more from him as either alignment.

Finally, on the idea of partnerships, I feel if LC is a wolf his vote on falcon might be an attempt at distancing. I'm not too clear on the progression towards that vote.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

I’ve just skimmed. Will be around more this evening.

@ilario Regarding catching Sloon or Jimmay as wolves, my perceived experience is this: I’ve been able to suss out Sloon as mafia at least a couple of times. Not in a “you scum dieee” kind of way, but that’s also not how I approach things. I also have at least one specific thing I’ve noticed about Sloon’s scum game, and that pattern has not repeated here. Is this enough? I don’t know. There’s a couple of off beat things (or maybe just one) about Sloon today. Was really confused how he asked Johanna to talk about the game, when that was imp what she was already doing. I saw Sloon address this, but it still felt weird. BUT I’m not really convinced this is scum indicative for Sloon, cause from memory he does ask a lot of questions I don’t see where is going as town. To try and summarize, could Sloon fool me? Yes, probably. Do I think that’s happening? No, not really. Should I worry about it? Yes, but not in a way where I feel he’s up for a chop today.

With Jimmay, I’m more unsure. The only game he was scum, I was also scum. He replaced Alison as mafia in a game, and I caught him confidently there, but that was off of Alison’s interaction with flipped mafia, so I basically just willfully ignored everything he said. I do have expectations of his scum game, which I don’t see that much of here (which he pointed out himself - more formalised analysis, less flow (???)) Right now I’m leaning on and trusting Sloon and spf in Jimmay. I don’t think he’s scummy myself either. Could he fool me? Quite possibly, but hopefully not forever. Don’t know if this helped
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

If I were to switch votes right now, it would be on Dolby. I think he’s the one most under the radar and also fits into a lot of teams. So game state read is that I think he’s probably mafia. That is without being able to point to specific things that I think are scummy though. But that would be my alternative.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@ilario I’m not actually clear on why you suspect me. Is this sourced entirely in me wondering aloud about the SPF poisoning or are there other concerns?

If you want to worry about a “frame” that’s your prerogative. I would ask you to consider though what I have actually done with that, or more precisely what I haven’t done. If something enters my brain I will often voice it, because I value transparency and communication. That doesn’t mean though that I am going to take all of those individual thoughts and run with them. That rationale is not anything resembling a priority within my current view of the game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 am @ilario I’m not actually clear on why you suspect me. Is this sourced entirely in me wondering aloud about the SPF poisoning or are there other concerns?

If you want to worry about a “frame” that’s your prerogative. I would ask you to consider though what I have actually done with that, or more precisely what I haven’t done. If something enters my brain I will often voice it, because I value transparency and communication. That doesn’t mean though that I am going to take all of those individual thoughts and run with them. That rationale is not anything resembling a priority within my current view of the game.

Hmmm I think it’s a mixture of your d1 treatment of lc as well as I feel like you’ve been subtlety trying to plant seeds of doubt about soa and myself throughout the day. I generally am a paranoid player so I could be overthinking this and seeing things that aren’t there, or I could simply just be misreading soa in which case ur suspicions are well founded. But that’s kinda the vibe I’ve been getting.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

It could simply be a case of me overthinking things. Regardless i wouldn’t ever consider pushing you until more red flags pop up,Or the paranoia dies down within me. but similar to yourself I like being transparent with what my thoughts are so I figured I may as well air out my suspicions.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Truly I don’t think Son of Anarch looks “bad”. He’s fine. I just think he has been surpassed by a few players on the towniness scale (e.g. Marmot shot way up today and Tony is an uncountered claim). In a 6/6 POE split he no longer makes my cut.

He’s in my POE almost by default rather than as a product of any specific failings. I have seen slots like his (like my conception of his play at least) flip mafia before, and interactions do kinda fit for him too within the POE. He’s hard to dissociate conclusively from other players because he tends to approach dialogue from a low-emotion place.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

True, but fmpov that feels like vague reasoning. The notion that slots similar to his have flipped mafia before also leaves room for the counter argument that slots similar to his have also flipped town, and I find it hard to relate that line of thinking to anything tangible thats related to this specific game. In essence, what I’m trying to say is that argument can be used about almost any slot don’t you think?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 am True, but fmpov that feels like vague reasoning. The notion that slots similar to his have flipped mafia before also leaves room for the counter argument that slots similar to his have also flipped town, and I find it hard to relate that line of thinking to anything tangible thats related to this specific game. In essence, what I’m trying to say is that argument can be used about almost any slot don’t you think?
I always keep a very wide berth between what “can” happen (pretty much anything at all) and what I perceive to be truly plausible. I don’t care about specific suspicions if POE allows me enough town reads to lock the game anyway, so vagueness inherently equates to concern, if that makes sense. Any kind of “slot” can flip mafia in theory, but I am not going to say that about everyone — the 1% probabilities are discarded and the 35% probabilities aren’t. Those numbers are meaningless; I’m just trying to explain my mindset.

If you were to ask me to explain why SoA is town instead my answer would be no less vague. I don’t see a good case to be made in that direction either. The best I have is seriously “ilario and Dizzy said so”, and that’s not worthless. But it’s also not clear to me why. So I can only shrug.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Okayyy thanks for explaining that, it helped me understand your thought process better

Ughh this game feels hard already despite d1 feeling so promising :/
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 446
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 am I just grabbed my whole-ass phone hand and pinned it like a snake to prevent it from snap voting Lime Coke.
Update:

My snake hand is still pinned, but it is shrieking like some kind of horrible banshee and snapping at my face. It wants the phone back. It’s pissed. I don’t know how long I can keep it at bay.
That's pretty hot ngl.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine

@Dolby

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 76

Post by G-Man »

Theory time:

When I look at Lime Coke's recent evolution on Falcon...

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm Lime Coke, when you finish sharing your ketchup, it’d be super if you could give some baseline reads much like I asked from G-Man. Top town and/or mafia reads.
I'm building that up as we speak.

Dizzy is top town if you want a preview.

Falcon could be mafia based on that pop in during that small CFD attempt.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 am There's 1 in Falcon/Illario.

But I'm leaning a lot on Illario currently.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am SPF
TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot
Illario/Falcon (T v W combo here)

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.
do you mind talking a little bit about why you think illario/falcon is T v W specifically? why can't they be wolves together?

also, if illario wasn't getting chopped today, who would you wanna vote next?
Because Falcon's just planting his vote on Illario both day phases and not moving. I know both can do well with distancing but that would kinda be ridiculous? Don't you think?

Next vote is either the opposite side of that spectrum with Falcon. Seeing the sudden pop in when he had the CFD placed on him.

Or Marmot.

If Falcon is mafia Marmot is town because Falcon had that weird "Marmot being silent is deafening" post when it was only 2 hours into Day 2.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

I don't know what to think honestly.

If SPF has a better solve I'll listen.

Otherwise I'm thrown a bit for a loop.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:41 am In terms of my scumreads-

I might only have one.

Since Illario might end up being town.

Falcon has to be mafia. His fixation on Illario and voting him for 2 days straight is very awkward.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:42 pm Marmot's silence is deafening
This line from Falcon is kinda gross just based on the merit of him posting this 2 hours after the day started. Like could be timezone difference or whatever reasoning he's not going to be here at SOD every day for every game. Feels like he'd be stacking the deck in order to have his viewpoint look solid.

Last thing is the fact that the CFD wagon started on Falcon, and 2 minutes after SPF is the third vote on the wagon, Falcon appears with a post.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 am My issue is that literally every game I play with Falcon I end up scumreading the guy, and that's probably this playstyle difference on this site compared to other games that I normally play.

Like so many town players just look scummy by playstyle.

It makes so many of these players such a >rand flip.

...my mind considers the following:

1) Lime Coke and Falcon are teammates.

2) Lime Coke, seeing that Falcon is on enough radars, adds Falcon to his radar.

3) In short order, Lime Coke puts Falcon deep in his POE, but makes Falcon part of an either/or scenario with a civvie he thinks he can build a case on for a mischop (ilario). This would allow him to save face and go after Falcon if his preferred mischop target gets chopped first.

4) When his ilario case implodes, Lime Coke is forced to double down on his teammate Falcon and votes there.

5) He adds a little hedge at the end to give him a potential reason to not vote for Falcon at the end if it comes to that.

Is this too Mafia 101 and I should give up playing with the jumbo crayons? Or does this pass the sniff test? Poke holes in it please.

I want to look at the folks in my POE today as time allows (which it won't for the most part). This is what struck me when looking at Lime Coke. The placement of JJJ in my POE is among the softest, so I don't think I will go down that road further until the game develops more (preferably with me still in it). That leaves four more folks to consider yet.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:02 pm I'm arrogant again and feel like the game is solved.

I removed my 6 strongest town reads... and they're all legitimately strong. That left me with the following POE pool:

Dolby
falcon
G-Man
Johanna
Lime Coke
Son of Anarch

Within that set, Johanna only has two fits. So she can't be mafia with these premises accepted.

Thus we're left with only two teams that can work:

Dolby, falcon, G-Man, Lime Coke
Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke, Son of Anarch

Put another way, the mafia team is: [Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke] plus one of [falcon, Son of Anarch].
I have a one-way read dissociating Falcon from Dolby and a one-way read dissociating Lime coke from Dolby. I also have a one-way read dissociating Dolby from Son of Anarch.

These should all be considered light reads because the behavior was not reciprocated by both parties. I'll double check those because 2 of my reads would have to be wrong in either case for one of those teams to exist.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am Theory time:

When I look at Lime Coke's recent evolution on Falcon...

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm Lime Coke, when you finish sharing your ketchup, it’d be super if you could give some baseline reads much like I asked from G-Man. Top town and/or mafia reads.
I'm building that up as we speak.

Dizzy is top town if you want a preview.

Falcon could be mafia based on that pop in during that small CFD attempt.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 am There's 1 in Falcon/Illario.

But I'm leaning a lot on Illario currently.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am SPF
TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot
Illario/Falcon (T v W combo here)

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.
do you mind talking a little bit about why you think illario/falcon is T v W specifically? why can't they be wolves together?

also, if illario wasn't getting chopped today, who would you wanna vote next?
Because Falcon's just planting his vote on Illario both day phases and not moving. I know both can do well with distancing but that would kinda be ridiculous? Don't you think?

Next vote is either the opposite side of that spectrum with Falcon. Seeing the sudden pop in when he had the CFD placed on him.

Or Marmot.

If Falcon is mafia Marmot is town because Falcon had that weird "Marmot being silent is deafening" post when it was only 2 hours into Day 2.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

I don't know what to think honestly.

If SPF has a better solve I'll listen.

Otherwise I'm thrown a bit for a loop.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:41 am In terms of my scumreads-

I might only have one.

Since Illario might end up being town.

Falcon has to be mafia. His fixation on Illario and voting him for 2 days straight is very awkward.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:42 pm Marmot's silence is deafening
This line from Falcon is kinda gross just based on the merit of him posting this 2 hours after the day started. Like could be timezone difference or whatever reasoning he's not going to be here at SOD every day for every game. Feels like he'd be stacking the deck in order to have his viewpoint look solid.

Last thing is the fact that the CFD wagon started on Falcon, and 2 minutes after SPF is the third vote on the wagon, Falcon appears with a post.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 am My issue is that literally every game I play with Falcon I end up scumreading the guy, and that's probably this playstyle difference on this site compared to other games that I normally play.

Like so many town players just look scummy by playstyle.

It makes so many of these players such a >rand flip.

...my mind considers the following:

1) Lime Coke and Falcon are teammates.

2) Lime Coke, seeing that Falcon is on enough radars, adds Falcon to his radar.

3) In short order, Lime Coke puts Falcon deep in his POE, but makes Falcon part of an either/or scenario with a civvie he thinks he can build a case on for a mischop (ilario). This would allow him to save face and go after Falcon if his preferred mischop target gets chopped first.

4) When his ilario case implodes, Lime Coke is forced to double down on his teammate Falcon and votes there.

5) He adds a little hedge at the end to give him a potential reason to not vote for Falcon at the end if it comes to that.

Is this too Mafia 101 and I should give up playing with the jumbo crayons? Or does this pass the sniff test? Poke holes in it please.

I want to look at the folks in my POE today as time allows (which it won't for the most part). This is what struck me when looking at Lime Coke. The placement of JJJ in my POE is among the softest, so I don't think I will go down that road further until the game develops more (preferably with me still in it). That leaves four more folks to consider yet.
Well yeah, this is the long version of "Lime Coke's vote on falcon could be distancing." I am very much thinking along those lines.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Re: Fleabag Mafia d1

Post by NotAnAxehole »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:47 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:44 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm Sloonei
JJJ
SPF
Ilario
Son of Anarch
Dizzy

Any questions?
Yeah, why?
Because I am a legend in this business.

Triple H?

OK, LC, Ilario, Marmot are scum.
I don't see this as overwhelmingly partner-y (though I didn't take this down as non-partnered in my first pass because I didn't really know who to give credit to, if it's actually something I should be reading... Blah Blah Blah)

If Falcon is scum, I think it's more likely that he's partners with Marmot who is randomly name dropped with no prior interaction (which is a conclusion I independently came to - and I'm questioning again due to this post).

My initial thought was Marmot and Falcon were not compatible due to Falcon dissociating with Johanna at some point (I forget the source - I need to mark these somehow). However, if I consider Johanna to be town, and I consider that one of my other reads could be wrong... I'm locking in my 2-way reads, but not my 1-way reads.

With 1-way associatives in place, Falcon only lives with G-Man, Lime Coke, Marmot... But this isn't entirely reliable because it only relies on one player doing something smart or lucky that falls into my scope of things I scan for.

If I eliminate 1-way reads Falcon and Marmot can both be with Dolby, G-Man, Johanna, and that's it.

So I think Falcon - Marmot - Dolby - G-Man is more likely than Falcon - Lime Coke - Dolby - G-Man
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I think if Lime Coke is mafia, G-Man is 100% always mafia right @JaggedJimmyJay
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Another read that I have is that Lime Coke isn't the type of player that dissociates well from patners, and I have him 1-way not associated with Dolby, which would leave me with Lime Coke - G-Man - Falcon - Ilario - Johanna or some combination thereof.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also, Ilario definitively not with Falcon... So I kind of think Lime Coke would HAVE to be with Johanna AND G-Man
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

G-Man has started posting, and the amount of people that G-Man can't be with is still a count of 1 (not counting PRs & town reads, just associatives). I think he's just lolcat-ing today, and the more I think of it, the winning play here isn't an exciting play.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@JaggedJimmyJay looking for your thoughts on all of the above.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’ll process your suggestions sometime after I teach this afternoon. Thanks for them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345

Post by Sloonei »

I am increasingly confident about Lime Coke.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am I am increasingly confident about Lime Coke.
I don't listen to people who aren't voting their scum reads. But yeah, Lime Coke is probably mafia.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345

Post by Sloonei »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am I am increasingly confident about Lime Coke.
I don't listen to people who aren't voting their scum reads. But yeah, Lime Coke is probably mafia.
My vote will be on Lime Coke when it matters. There is no need for it to be on him at this moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:21 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am
My vote will be on Lime Coke when it matters. There is no need for it to be on him at this moment.
All the same :shrug:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 381
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I assume Sloonei is voting a scumread?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm not currently voting a scumread. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Does anyone specifically townread either Dolby or Lime Coke? Those two players seem to be consensus scumreads, or at least exist in everyone's POE's, except for each others.

Dolby has a vibe read of Lime Coke, and Lime Coke has Dolby just outside his POE.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Heists”