Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 5

Moderator: Community Team

Who is responsible for yo mama's demise?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
G-Man
No votes
Lime Coke
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
8%
TonyStarkPrime
33%
Unvote / Other
58%

Total votes: 12
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 1

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

[VOTE: Gavial] aubergine

If Nook doesn't vouch for Gavial, we should chop him.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I don't think Nanook has looked at the thread since the claim.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:20 am I don't think Nanook has looked at the thread since the claim.
He posted twice after it.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Never mind he posted, I'm an idiot.

Then yeah if he isn't vouching for Gavial I'm not opposed to yeeting him.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Hey everyone! I'm your other friendly neighborhood MoD for this game! Mafia is a fun game, but we know it can sometimes get a little frustrating so we're here if that happens. My lovely co MoD @dunya summed it up pretty well already that if at any time you're feeling frustrated or upset with anything going on in the game please feel free to reach out to her or me via PM on here or on discord and one of us may reach out just to check in. (sabie12#0567) Hope you all have fun and enjoy the game!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by G-Man »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm Ah, I don't really see a reason to not reveal this...game away if ya don't like the play.

There are masons in this game.

I know this cuz I'm a backup Mason, I become one should one of them die

The primary masons need not reveal themselves tho, I figure the backups life is worth less
Unless I have sorely misread the tea leaves over the last year or so, all the kvetching I’ve seen from MU folks about “bastard” elements in games suggests to me that masons would not be a part of anything considered “normal” from an MU standpoint. You can die for this, thanks.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:43 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm Ah, I don't really see a reason to not reveal this...game away if ya don't like the play.

The primary masons need not reveal themselves tho, I figure the backups life is worth less
Unless I have sorely misread the tea leaves over the last year or so, all the kvetching I’ve seen from MU folks about “bastard” elements in games suggests to me that masons would not be a part of anything considered “normal” from an MU standpoint. You can die for this, thanks.
This game uses MafiaScum rules, not MU though.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I know it because Urist mentioned that fact in the TS discord about a month ago.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 136

Post by falcon45ca »

Cool story bro.

I don't know what to tell ya, except I have a rock solid meta of never fake claiming a role. Ever.

I may lie about how I use my role/abilities, but I've never faked a claim, and I shouldn't start now
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Towny reaction from Gman IMO
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ewwwwwww truth metas
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Gavial fake claimed and we're gonna fail to yeet him because this game has majority rule and has its EoD set at a time nobody is online.

Awesome.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:46 am

Uh, well, derp all over my face then I guess. It’s shameful that I often confuse MU and MS with each other since I hail from neither.

I was operating on the assumption that masons were a third-party element. Since the game says it sports three mafia and ten town roles, a 3p mason element made no sense. But now I see that masons are on the MS ‘normal’ list for town only. Weird to me, but TS also rarely uses the mason element anymore.

Nothing to see here, folks! Just a washed-up has-been hack of a mafia player who excels and opening his mouth just wide enough to get his foot in there. :doh:
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:11 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:46 am

Uh, well, derp all over my face then I guess. It’s shameful that I often confuse MU and MS with each other since I hail from neither.

I was operating on the assumption that masons were a third-party element. Since the game says it sports three mafia and ten town roles, a 3p mason element made no sense. But now I see that masons are on the MS ‘normal’ list for town only. Weird to me, but TS also rarely uses the mason element anymore.

Nothing to see here, folks! Just a washed-up has-been hack of a mafia player who excels and opening his mouth just wide enough to get his foot in there. :doh:
I don't blame you for not noticing something the host did not mention in the rules tbh.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Unforced error on my part, really. I remember seeing the link to “normal” game explanation wiki page in the sign-up thread. I just didn’t read through the list of “normal” roles carefully enough to notice masons are somehow considered “normal.”

“Normal”
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:57 am Gavial fake claimed and we're gonna fail to yeet him because this game has majority rule and has its EoD set at a time nobody is online.

Awesome.
Unless the SOP/EOP times will change, I am all but guaranteed to miss at least the last 12 hours of each phase due to sleep and work Monday through Friday. This is an anomaly for a Sunday too, since my church moved this morning’s service to online only due to an overnight system bringing ice.

Those of us in Western Hemisphere time zones have been catered to in the vast majority of games though, so I can live with an inconvenient schedule in a small game like this.
My Banners:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:57 am Gavial fake claimed and we're gonna fail to yeet him because this game has majority rule and has its EoD set at a time nobody is online.

Awesome.
Do you really feel that strongly about it? Felt like Gav's claim was fairly tongue in cheek to me.

Gimme 3 players you're OK w/ lynching and reasons why if ya don't mind. Gut feels OK, but I'd like to hear other reasons as well
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 am Those of us in Western Hemisphere time zones have been catered to in the vast majority of games though, so I can live with an inconvenient schedule in a small game like this.
As much as I sympathize with the concept of Timezone Justice, I don't like the idea of losing this game because the town is all sleeping when it needs to be awake.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 am

Awesome.
Do you really feel that strongly about it? Felt like Gav's claim was fairly tongue in cheek to me.

Gimme 3 players you're OK w/ lynching and reasons why if ya don't mind. Gut feels OK, but I'd like to hear other reasons as well
I'd say there's a 50% chance he's trolling, with the other 50% being he's mafia making a weak claim, an actual mason who is not with nanook making a silly gambit, an actual mason who is with nanook exposing his partner, or a combination of those. It is also possible him and Nanook are both mafia and he exposed his scummate as part of another silly gambit. It's Gavial so we have to consider all scenarios.

I an a firm believer that we should yeet all players who lie, unless it's really obvious it's a joke (which isn't the case here).
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:27 am
G-Man wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 am Those of us in Western Hemisphere time zones have been catered to in the vast majority of games though, so I can live with an inconvenient schedule in a small game like this.
As much as I sympathize with the concept of Timezone Justice, I don't like the idea of losing this game because the town is all sleeping when it needs to be awake.
Usually games are lost because the town is figuratively sleeping. For the town to lose because we’re literally sleeping is at least an amusing change of pace. :haha:
My Banners:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 am

Awesome.

I'd say there's a 50% chance he's trolling, with the other 50% being he's mafia making a weak claim, an actual mason who is not with nanook making a silly gambit, an actual mason who is with nanook exposing his partner, or a combination of those. It is also possible him and Nanook are both mafia and he exposed his scummate as part of another silly gambit. It's Gavial so we have to consider all scenarios.

I an a firm believer that we should yeet all players who lie, unless it's really obvious it's a joke (which isn't the case here).
Gav's approach this game is different...he's lacking the same intensity I'm used to from him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 am Gimme 3 players you're OK w/ lynching and reasons why if ya don't mind. Gut feels OK, but I'd like to hear other reasons as well
Gavial, Dolby and huh... I guess pick one of the low posters: FS, sprityo or Nanook.

I have written all reasons I had before in all my posts, as well as a wall of text explaining why I don't like like forcing myself to do detailed analysis (they seem to be less accurate than RNG unless I actually have good reasons to begin with). You should follow your own tbh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sorry falcon, I wrote that post in a rush so it may have sounded arrogant.

The thing is in the past I would make big ISO posts of players I wanted to yeet, but in reality it was all a bunch of confirmation bias since I did want to yeet them anyway and the posts didn't actually prove anything.

Nowadays I may make ISOs sometimes, but the case better be really solid. If not, I'll really go with the guy I want and make small comments here and there that sum up what I think.

For Dolby, I see a contrast between this game and TF, and the things he is saying feel weak and non-commital.

For Gavial, it's the fake claims (likely) and the anti-town play.

For the others I don't have anything good besides the good old "there's likely mafia hidden among that crowd" logic.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:54 am Sorry falcon, I wrote that post in a rush so it may have sounded arrogant.

The thing is in the past I would make big ISO posts of players I wanted to yeet, but in reality it was all a bunch of confirmation bias since I did want to yeet them anyway and the posts didn't actually prove anything.

Nowadays I may make ISOs sometimes, but the case better be really solid. If not, I'll really go with the guy I want and make small comments here and there that sum up what I think.

For Dolby, I see a contrast between this game and TF, and the things he is saying feel weak and non-commital.

For Gavial, it's the fake claims (likely) and the anti-town play.

For the others I don't have anything good besides the good old "there's likely mafia hidden among that crowd" logic.
Nah, you're good. I don't find you arrogant.

I've got similar thoughts on Dolby.

TSP acknowledging surface level play, but not doing anything about it... yeah, that doesn't cut it for me.

Sprityo I've talked about.

I'm down for Sprit, Dolby, and TSP.

Towny Cats: Gman, DDL, falcon, Wilgy
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'd CFD Dolby but we need 4 more besides you and me
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Undoing my derp vote and switching to Gavial. If we don’t get 7 votes on Gavial, then there will be no chop. Assuming the mafia kills tonight, there will be 12 of us left, requiring 7 votes again to create a 50% +1 majority for a D2 chop. The mafia won’t kill any of the folks people are eyeballing in order to increase the odds of a mischop. A no-chop D1 will leave us in the exact same spot we’re in now, but perhaps making it a little bit harder to ensure a majority for the D2 chop.

Seeing no viable alternative wagon to even make this a competitive EOD, I’m switching to Gavial so we at least inject some information after a bit of a ho-hum D1.

Let’s get two more vote on this wagon.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@Dolby
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@sig
@sprityo
@TonyStarkPrime

The only viable wagon is Gavial and we have 15 minutes or we wont yeet. We need 1 more vote.

The case is that he either fake claimed mason or joked about fake claiming.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DrWilgy »

Aye, I don't necessarily agree with Gav over Sprit rn, but that'll do for a yeet to start clearing the PoE.

Sorry if you are town Gav. I'm just null in you rn and would rather not no yeet. I don't think I have the capacity to solve you rn.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

So, this game is tricky it seems. The majority requirement is quite a bitch for town reducing POE.

Neat.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Un voto por favor?
My Banners:
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

The sleeper has awaken. If Gavial doesn't go over, we kill everyone who voted on a vanity wagon, no questions asked.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:49 am So, this game is tricky it seems. The majority requirement is quite a bitch for town reducing POE.

Neat.
The majority requirement isn't a challenge, people on TS are used to leaving things undecided till EoD, which isn't compatible with a majority requirement.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:04 am Well the uncountered claim changes things.

Now I'm picturing Nanook yelling at Gavial in the mason chat.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I feel for you bro, we will also yell at Gavial with you in spirit.
I wouldn't have left my vote on a mason partner lol

Now back to sleep i go
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@Dolby
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@sig
@sprityo
@TonyStarkPrime

This probably contains most / all of the mafia.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:57 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:04 am Well the uncountered claim changes things.

Now I'm picturing Nanook yelling at Gavial in the mason chat.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I feel for you bro, we will also yell at Gavial with you in spirit.
I wouldn't have left my vote on a mason partner lol

Now back to sleep i go
I don't think the claim is alignment indicative, but no point in arguing, either he dies or we run down the list of non-gavial voters.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:56 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:49 am So, this game is tricky it seems. The majority requirement is quite a bitch for town reducing POE.

Neat.
The majority requirement isn't a challenge, people on TS are used to leaving things undecided till EoD, which isn't compatible with a majority requirement.
They are used to an USA based timezone, though.

I think that plus the majority req is what is weighing.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: ] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:46 am @Dolby
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@sig
@sprityo
@TonyStarkPrime

The only viable wagon is Gavial and we have 15 minutes or we wont yeet. We need 1 more vote.

The case is that he either fake claimed mason or joked about fake claiming.
[VOTE: Gav] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Falcon with the save
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:59 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:56 am

Neat.
They are used to an USA based timezone, though.

I think that plus the majority req is what is weighing.
Yeah... So make sure Maj exists pRe-eod
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I'd still be up for speedrunning the no voters.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Urist »

There was nothing the doctors could do for poor Marmot. His brain had just straight-up exploded inside his head. sabie was so mad that she arrested the first person she saw, a Java developer who had spent the better part of the morning deciding whether he should throw a checked or an unchecked exception.

Gavial has been eliminated. He was a vanilla townie.

Night deadline is Monday at 11am EST. Please have night actions in by that time.
Dolby
7%

Voters: TonyStarkPrime

Dragon D. Luffy
7%

Voters: Gavial

DrWilgy
No votes

Voters: None

falcon45ca
No votes

fingersplints
No votes

G-Man
No votes

Gavial
50%

Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, falcon45ca, DrWilgy, NotAnAxehole, Lime Coke, G-Man, Dragon D. Luffy

Lime Coke
No votes

No votes

NotAnAxehole
No votes

sig
No votes

sprityo
No votes

TonyStarkPrime
No votes

Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Urist »

Shortly afterward, another detective collapsed. This time it was the most popular and likeable member of the force. Everyone knew him and everyone was very sad to see him die. His only flaw was that he was a C developer.

NotAnAxehole has been killed. He was a town mason.

Deadline is in about 48 hours.

@DrWilgy @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @falcon45ca @sprityo @Lime Coke @Dolby @TonyStarkPrime @Dragon D. Luffy @fingersplints @sig @G-Man

Post Count
falcon45ca - 49/99
Dragon D. Luffy - 44/94
DrWilgy - 21/71
TonyStarkPrime - 21/71
Lime Coke - 20/70
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - 17/67
G-Man - 11/61
sig - 11/61
sprityo - 11/61
Dolby - 5/55
fingersplints - 1/51
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 2

RIP.

So I have an apology to make. Yesterday I gave crap to the host for not putting in the first page that this game uses mafiascum rules. Turns out he did and I didn't see it. Sorry.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine

OK, so now that D1 has past, we can lynch scum, mi'right?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:33 pm I think it's between sprityo, DDL and TSP for me.
Ya, I'll be voting in here today.

You three argue amongst yourselves.

[VOTE: TSP] aubergine
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also Sig was green checked.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:27 pm Also Sig was green checked.
By what means?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:42 pm
By what means?
I checked him last night. He was green.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 pm
By what means?
Why you outing yourself?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 pm
By what means?
Why you outing yourself?
Figured between Nook, you if Nook can confirm that you were a subbed Mason, and Sig and I, we have enough Civs to outweigh PoE + Kill for afew nights.

Like I said it's just between those 3 I stated earlier rn.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”