House (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
87%

Total votes: 15
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:55 pm DFaraday- As always very quiet. I do know he is responsible when bad. If he's missing votes, not sure bad DF would do so. But it's been years, so I have to look at votes.
:noble:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I lean town on DF's little flurry of activity here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:28 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:55 pm DFaraday- As always very quiet. I do know he is responsible when bad. If he's missing votes, not sure bad DF would do so. But it's been years, so I have to look at votes.
:noble:
You’re quoting me with l’il noble faces, don’t forget to move your vote off me before tomorrow, buckaroo. :nicenod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 pm Visions of Day 1’s of old are running through my mind. I’m not inclined to just let it go in the undisciplined manner of yesteryear. I need more meat to chew on from everyone first. I’m thankful that my night away coincided with Night 0 instead of the first half of Day 1.
Early game G-man seems to take an active posture, at least with regards to Day 1. My instinct is to say he has not followed through on this. But let's see.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
The grammar police role is mafia. Making typos does not benefit town.
Valid point indeed! But the civvies have an adverb checker, so we should play it old school like when lie detector roles were still in vogue and pressure everyone to post a unique adverb. Anyone who resists must die. :llama:
G-man acknowledges that Pedantic Pink has no town utility, but the adverb checker does. Neat. Appreciated, but not alignment indicative.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
Vagrant doctor, why for art hast thou lickest me? Dost thy tongue perceive me in a particular manner?
Acknowledges being thoroughly licked by DrWilgy. Noted.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm I have an idea of who the mafia is, but it's not who I'm voting at the moment. Though, the person I'm voting may also be mafia, who knows.
I do not like this post, nor do I like the vote for Bea. Mind you, I think voting for Bea in general is reasonable because people always tend to trust her, which makes her dangerous on the occasions when she is mafia, but Axey’s vote came without explanation and was a pile on after a (marginally) more justified vote.

Also, why would you not vote for who you think the mafia is?
I’ve learned to just disregard Axe in D1 because he does this as town, mafia, independent and axehole
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:09 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:27 pm That is some effective R o L e F I S h i N g

For anyone who misunderstood my intent.
I understand the concept of throwing out votes in movable-vote games to gauge reactions, but at the same time that can be a cop out way to excuse bad behavior. If you successfully start a wagon with your vote, you get what you want, but if it doesn't take you can just claim it was for role fishing and claim immunity from any criticism. Don't expect me not to evaluate you based on your behavior just because you claim it doesn't mean anything.
Viral infections sometimes have a sweeter disposition than NAA early on in games. It is true that he comes across in the same abrasive manner regardless of alignment. If you play a few games with him, you will either 1) learn to ignore some of his punchier tendencies, or 2) auto-sus him anyway because even though it's NAI, it's also not a reason to NOT sus him. :nicenod:

And let's keep in mind that there is a 3P role out there when we're reading people; we're not just living in a binary system.

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:16 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:29 am We got two TRs on sig from Scotty, then Golden. I'd agree with them I think.

I wonder why Eloh didn't post more when confronted with two townreads that went against his considerations that sig could be mafia.
Eloh's explanation for sig sus reads a bit stretched too. Would be my early whiff for a start.
Judging from my perspective I don't consider others' reads except they are my town reads. Had Eloh said they town read Scotty and Golden? Because if not, why do you think they should post more and reconsider?
LoRab wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:23 am Popping in. I’ll be driving most of the day, and so I can do so safely, will not be posting and driving. But I will try to check in on stops.

Note well use adverb above, as well as in this sentence.
Looking forward for your input
Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:49 am
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:31 am Votes should be expressed in the thread though, like this:
[VOTE: Vivax] aubergine

Let the little man whisper!
I will HAPPILY use an adverb, but it may take me a while to get used to the vote tag thing. Have patience.

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:48 am
Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:37 pm Right, so Sig is obviously mafia, right?
I would say it is something to consider.

I'm not a fan of changing votes. I like to take the day to interact and observe without being hasty.

Sig says votes are changeable. I don't see how he could have known this before voting. I can only find him sus right away as his hasty vote would most likely land on a civ.
Yeah if only there were a role that explicitly stated (hey look guys, adverb. I'm multitasking!) that votes were changeable.

Maybe Eloh missed that part, though. I guess if it were an indie role or a mafia role, and Eloh were a civ and had no reason to read up on the mafia/indie sides of things, that could be it.

But if that role were not an indie or mafia role, and Eloh were a mafia or an indie and would have reason to be more focused on that side of the board, I could see a world where Eloh might forgo reading up on the civ side of things.
So, rule number 5 says the "votes are changeable. MAYBE." Then, I did read the roles including Moveable Votes, but didn't understand it. I was looking at it like a RULE and not a ROLE, probably b/c I had been in the car all day traveling. But I just had a lightbulb moment looking back at it now after a good night's sleep! So, I definitely get it now.

I no longer suspect sig atm. We shall see what's to come.
I didn't ask for adverbs, I asked for voting using the vote bbcode in the thread for transparency
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:49 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:37 pm Right, so Sig is obviously mafia, right?
This one
I refused to take it seriously, which I suspect is the point.
That post generated the whole discussion though
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:02 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:49 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:48 pm
This one
I refused to take it seriously, which I suspect is the point.
Correct.
I was about to ask!
An unserious post can generate serious discussion.
I don't know what to make of you yet. I like that you're constantly in motion, but it's too early to determine if it's just artifice this time around.

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:54 pm There would be nothing more ‘classic mafia’ than DF being D1 lynched for low posting.
Hopefully they posts and we can make a read because lynching a low poster at random is a coin flip.
I want to chop a baddie today, but if we have to mischop, then I'd rather we be wrong about a player whose interactions we can parse through for clues than someone who leaves us stranded in a field with a bag of sand to pound.
Big post. A couple things worth pulling out here.

First, G-man offers a (very) soft defense of NAA (now Vivax) by assuring others that his style is not alignment indicative.
This is followed up by a seeming non sequitur about the existence of a third party role. I do not know why this observation was placed here.
G-man also offers a slightly favorable view of DH, and expresses his preference to target high-activity players on Day 1. I don't necessarily agree with this approach, but I see where it is coming from and do not believe it is indicative of any particular alignment.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:11 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:02 pm [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

So many little pings going off, but lacking the theory of mind as a civ and tying yourself up in ‘that’s why you’re bad, actually that makes you civ’ logic is enough for a vote.
I seem to recall baddie Eloh being guilty of being too agreeable. I'm not sure we're seeing the same thing here, coward.
G-man seems to disagree with the Day 1 suspicion against Eloh. Noted. I do not know how far that case had progressed prior to this moment, but this is G-man's first mention of the Eloh suspicion. I'll be interested in how this develops. Eloh and I were the top two wagons that day, and I do not recall G-man expressing any strong opinions about me. If he was similarly on the sidelines for Eloh, then I may have some real concerns here.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:29 pm Very early groupings from a Day 1 dunce:

I'm not inclined to chop anyone with a lower post count than myself, so that means a stay of execution for LoRab, DF, and Kate for now. Let them establish themselves for at least the night phase and we'll see what shakes out.

I feel good about Llama, so he's off the list for now as well. I don't see what some folks are seeing in Eloh (who has been classic mischop bait in the past).

Vivax is shiny and new to me, so I'm inclined to give them the BOTD for now.

I feel like chopping from the top half of the post count will yield the most content to pick through, so that leaves me with a prospective list of Scotty, Sloonei, Golden the Coward, DH, bea, Michelle, and NAA.

Seeing that the Rez Plz event includes only players who die without flipping, I might hesitate to mischop a few of those names because of their potential utility as rezzable civs. I hope that you all can make my decision-making process easier on me by doing things that sort you all out a little more by the time I'm eating my breakfast in the morning.
Lovely bunch of reads here. Thank You, G. This reads primarily like a checklist of people not to vote for. That is not the worst thing in the world. POE and all that. But this is a continuation of a trend in G-man's posts where he is unable or unwilling to name any suspects. This can sometimes be a sign of a mafioso who either does not want to cause conflict, or is simply struggling to generate fake suspicions.
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm Voting for Golden the Coward for poopooing on my attempts to sort out game mechanics to the civvies’ advantage. He’s also high post-count, which gives us lots to chew on, right or wrong. His tone is pretty level, but that (along with his posting volume) could be a ploy to place him right at radar level. He’s present, posting, and engaged. At this early stage it’s easy enough to give someone like him a pass for a few days just on those qualities alone.

[VOTE: Golden the Coward] aubergine

I have a meeting tonight that may push right up to eod. I’ll hang around up to the start of the meeting, but I can’t promise that I’ll make it back before the flip.
I don't care for this vote and I feel like both justifications (Golden is "poopooing" G-man mechanics talk, and Golden has a high post count) are both crutches of sort. This feels like a vote cast out of obligation rather than earnest suspicion. Perhaps I feel this way because G-man states these points very bluntly, suggestive of confidence, but has previously expressed absolutely nothing resembling a suspicion against anyone prior to this moment. It does not jive with the rest of his content.

Noting that Day 1 ends without G-man ever really weighing in on the main wagons. I understand that he was not present for much of the day, but that is still less-than-inspiring. Sloonei has received no unique mentions.
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
Groups based on post volume with llama as the only player who gets singled out with his own read. I would like to see G-man start giving players more individual focus.
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:52 pm Voting LoRab. DH has been producing content. Another day to evaluate is warranted to see if it holds up. Sorry to tie it up. Not trying to cause chaos this time.

[VOTE: LoRab] aubergine

Let the moderator decide.
G-man spent a significant portion of Day 1 pontificating about the value of voting for high-volume players rather than low-volume players.
On Day 2, he makes a last-minute return to the thread and casts a tying vote against a player who he had just categorized as a "low poster" in his previous post. G-man had specifically acknowledged the case against LoRab and then excused himself from participating in the rhetoric against her. The alternative wagon to LoRab, meanwhile, was one of G-man's "Big Talk" players in DH. He had explicitly said that he believes at least one, perhaps two, members of that four-player group could be mafia.
So G-man elected to vote for LoRab over DH yesterday, despite having previously given stronger indications that he should favor a DH vote in more ways than one. Noted.

I'll end this post here and review G's Day 3 ISOs on their own.

This ISO has taken my vote from "Let's talk about G-man" to, "Hey, maybe we really should be voting for G-man."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Nice post. Good points. That said, I’m glad he didn’t vote DH :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I moved my pressure vote to G Man. Still hoping to see Ms Marvel @bea
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm The other three all sound so darn supatown but I have to confess that I can't keep them straight in my head when reading the thread. ISO's will help. I don't know if it's a processing issue on my brain's part, but all their super-sleuthing voices run together in my head.
This is a strange statement. G-man is talking Golden, Scotty, and myself here. He alleges that all three of us are supertowning, but also that he is having trouble distinguishing between us. Which calls into question the legitimacy of that initial statement, in my mind. I don't think I have been worthy of that description, for one. I've been active, but I've hardly done anything extraordinary and, prior to my recent ISOs, had done absolutely no case-building in this game. I do not feel like this is an honest assessment from G-man.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm yes, yes.

G-Man good option yes.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Marmot wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:45 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:20 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:03 pm @S~V~S I am currently reading American Gods.
I noticed your references! I wasn’t sure if it was to the book or my game, since I know Llama loved that game.

It’s a great book; it changed a lot about how I think of society in general. I hope you enjoy it!
I started the book because I remembered your game, and of course had to include it in here. Wild ride so far.
I didn't care for American Gods

dodges various thrown objects.
I just skimmed the set up for that game and it was pretty cool! Socks, a SK and a cult (I’m pretty sure cults aren’t a big game mechanic here). Simplified I would consider rerunning it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:07 pm I"m not in love with this reasoning. She's always cheery tbh and what does starting off with a quote have to do with anything? Even for day one this seems to be an attempt to be funny but at the same time cast suspicion. For now, I"m "voting Scotty" but that is not a firm vote at all. I'm going to keep reading.

PS its Bee.
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm I voted bea because
A) she is extremely cheery
B) she is the first in the poll
C) I don’t know if it’s pronounced “bay” or “bee” or “bah-ee”
But mainly e) her first post was quoting another post, which is suspicious.

Boom! Roasted.
Kate's first game-relevant post is a defense of Bea in response to some early half-series pressure from Scotty. I don't mind this. Kate knows Bea from the Before Times and doesn't love this characterization.
Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:49 pm I'm here and I'm reading, I have a bad cold...I'm typically not a quiet player at all, but I spent most of my day yesterday sleeping.

My gut is telling me to stick with Scotty for now. As I said earlier I feel like he threw the bea vote in there to maybe get a train going masked as a joke, but then backed up and jumped on the Elo train hard. So hard, she's now listed as "scum read." There is also a post where I feel like he may be distancing from her, maybe he knows she's civ, or maybe he knows she is bad. That's enough for a day 1 vote for me.
I never played with Kate, so I don't know her style, nor do I know what the style was in the days that she played. But this line of suspicion doesn't feel out of place based on what I know of how others from her era approach the game. Votes and suspicion were held onto more tightly, so it was a more serious thing to label a player as a "scum read". Viewed through that lens, Scotty's early behavior can easily look nefarious.
Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:52 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:19 am I see Elo is leading now :huh:

I’m rarely right on my D1 reads, so to have others backing me up makes my mind tingles crinkle. Time to see what others are seeing too
Here is the quote that should have been in my last post.

OH noozz my vote for Elo may make me look bad...let me distance myself...
I also dig this interpretation of an early Scotty post. Good look for Kate.
Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:23 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:06 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:49 pm I'm here and I'm reading, I have a bad cold...I'm typically not a quiet player at all, but I spent most of my day yesterday sleeping.

My gut is telling me to stick with Scotty for now. As I said earlier I feel like he threw the bea vote in there to maybe get a train going masked as a joke, but then backed up and jumped on the Elo train hard. So hard, she's now listed as "scum read." There is also a post where I feel like he may be distancing from her, maybe he knows she's civ, or maybe he knows she is bad. That's enough for a day 1 vote for me.
Sorry about the cold. It’s definitely that season. My wife got Covid this past week and it’s been super mild for her but I know it could have been so much worse

Quick question: did you read the whole thread and decide to just settle on me? This just feels like a lazy tunnel because it’s convenient based on a couple pages of back reading. And if it IS that, no judgment. But I’m getting the impression you did more than that
Well IMO convenient would be hopping on her and jumping on Elo. I have read and posted what I feel is my best impression of what is going on.

I will say, however, that I've never played with you before so have no idea of your style and that I like that you confronted me and didn't just blow me off in a one line post as someone who had not posted too much and then hoped I'd go away again lol
I continue to like Kate in these early interactions with Scotty. This feels genuine. Kate's read feels real, but she is not digging in her heels. She seems intent on getting to know a new-to-her player rather than insisting on suspicion.
Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:29 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:19 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:26 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:13 pm CURRENT VOTE TOTAL as of ~4 hours until end of day 1:

Sloonei (4): fingersplints, sig, Vivax, thellama73
Elohcin (2): Michelle, Quin
Scotty (2): Kate, NotAnAxeHole
LoRab (1): Scotty
Golden (1): DrWilgy
Quin (1): Golden
Vivax (1): Sloonei

Not voting: bea, DFaraday, DharmaHelper, Elohcin, GMan, LoRab
I town read this activity. Town needs these VCs later in the game
You consider making a VC post as civ behavior? Just to be clear what you're saying here.
Yes, you are correct
Wouldn't it make equally as much sense that a NON civ made one? Whether for informational purposes, to gain favor with the thread in general or, most importantly, to appear civ?
Little nitpick point for Michelle. I kinda like this again, but there is also a world where these are teammates trying to very slightly distance from one another. That is a very minor point though. And if that was the plan, they didn't really follow through.

Then Kate gets OT'd, which I am content to take at face value for now. If we have reason to believe self-targeting shenanigans are afoot later, we can pursue those theories. Also, on reviewing her ISO now, Kate is less of an odd choice than I initially thought. She was not the most vocal player Day 1, but she is consistently focused and insightful.

As Quin points out, the DH/Kate interactions last night suggest very strongly that they are not mafia teammates. If one of SVS or Kate ends up flipping mafia, the other is very likely town.

I'm content to call Kate a town read for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Today has been fun and I hope we learned some things.

I’m gonna go take doggo out and go to bed in a few. I’m sorry DH had a bad experience, but I’m glad I’m getting to play.

I think DH/Kate was civ/civ, from a spectator perspective as a person with an extensive history with both. Knowing I’m civ now helps, but I would be super surprised if Kate were bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:30 pm I do have more thoughts on my name being tossed around but imma wait it out a bit before commenting and just keep being my amazingly chaotic not super serious self for awhile :p

Especially given we’ve got a handful of people who haven’t checked in yet I believe?
Early on, Sig has several joke posts. No objection. His first serious on-topic post is this one, where he acknowledges that he has become a topic of conversation for some reason (oops). We will see how this develops.
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:00 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm My sense is that the mafia is laying low right now. Kate has only two posts. Lorab has only three, although she also has a good excuse. Bea has no posts on Day 1 yet. I’ll be watching these players very closely.
I could see this. Especially if mafia are people that haven’t played in awhile they’ll be more likely to hang back and get acclimated
Sig +1s llama's theory that the mafia team is laying low on Day 1, with sig citing players returning from long layoffs as likely culprits. I don't object to this at face value. It could come from any alignment.
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:03 pm I don’t find Elon questioning and then flip flopping as that scummy. It actually seems more likely to fit within her D1

Not a fan of Axe (I believe) role fishing about mason earlier.

DH is my gut mafia read since he’s around and posting but not really contributing yet.

Scotty/Golden are pinging me a bit for the heavy defense of me against Eloh claim it would be an easy move for mafia to make especially older mafia players who are used to me being Mislynched to get some civ points
I appreciate that Sig is taking clear, firm stances so early. I also like that he gave a favorable view of Eloh at this point. Mafia sig could have easily taken this in the opposite direction. Of course, this hinges on Eloh being town. If she is mafia, then sig's handling of her takes on a very different look.
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:03 pm Having said that about Axe though his behavior isn’t outside Civ range right now and I seem to remember he’s generally more abrasive when he’s a cub
Further elaboration on his NAA read above. Again feels fine, but not a post that can't be made by mafia.
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:34 pm Also since some of my meta reads are a bit older who out of the old school players dislike being mafia more?

I seem to recall DF wasn’t a fan of being mafia and posted less when they rolled that way. But, besides them I’m drawing a blank
Decent question, and some meta speculation about DH, now SVS.
sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:19 pm
thellama73 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:59 pm Here's an observation:
Sloonei came out of the gate with "sig is obviously mafia" very early on. Sig voted for Sloonei. When Sloonei was leading the lynch poll, sig moved his vote away from Sloonei.

Could we be seeing some brazen media teammates that call each other out early on Day 1? If so, I have to applaud that move.
Imma be real salty if Sloonie flips mafia and I didn’t leave my vote on him for the civ credit (I’ll still claim civ credit though dw)

Having said that I do agree he’s been very active with little thread presences and he’s joking a lot. But, that doesn’t read mafia to me yet
Another instance where, if sig is mafia, he walks right up to an open door to pile suspicion onto a player, and does not seize it. I am inclined to read this favorably, but not overly so. Wolves can't grab at every opportunity they see, or they'd be exposed very quickly.
sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:20 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:30 pm There are so many people not voting :(
This posts feels icky
Takes an anti-Michelle stance, but I'm unsure what exactly he sees that is icky here. Maybe he'll explain it.
sig wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:36 pm I have to try and find the time to read over DH and Quin This phase. Quin for me has no presence in the thread which is just a bit odd. I know he’s posted but can’t recall any thoughts from me on anything he’s said.

DH was a scum lean I remember day one calling out his like of substance and it seems like other people see that too. I’d like to reread him though.

I’ll caveat my last post by saying if we keep missing mafia I could tinfoil Llama as one.

Also we should be looking out for whoever doesn’t vote as I believe a mafia ability is to take a vote and give it to an outside 3P? Which I’m assuming is JJJ vote
Sig expresses an interest in developing his reads on Quin and DH, but has thus far not followed through. Today he is cursed and seems content to not post much. I dislike that. I would like to hear more from sig, even if it is difficult to read. There is nothing alarming in his ISO, but very little that would make me confidently declare him a town read. So I'll tepidly declare him a moderate town read instead.

@sig when you can, could you talk to us about Michelle?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

New list now that I've read some more people:

Strong Town Reads
Golden
Scotty
Kate

Town Leans
Quin
Bea
Elohcin
NAA/Vivax2.0

Super Light Town Reads
Sig
DFaraday

Have Not Earned a Town Read From Me
DrWilgy
DH/SVS
Michelle

A Bona Fide Mafia Suspect
G-man

People will note that I've moved Quin and Michelle down from where they previously were. As my reads on other players have become more clearly defined, the reads I expressed on these two previously become less certain. I will look at them later. But I am done with the homework for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hokay, I’m catching up now
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:55 pm Effective immediately S~V~S will be replacing Dharmahelper. Please do not discuss subs.
;airguitar:

Hi SVS!

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vivax wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm
Vivax wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:43 pm Quin looks better on a reread with the latest posts.
Kate/Bea maybe ?

Or Bea/Sloonei (considering how Sloonei handled Quin and bea reads and then assuming Quin town)

And DFara remains a coinflip.

I‘m unsure if the Kate/DH exchanges suggest aligned.
I do not understand what you think you see in my Bea read.
I find it hard to believe a civ would have her as more than null. Even if correct, it‘s an unreasonable degree of confidence for you to have (and on Quin as well)
I like the direction this istaking

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:35 pm Has anyone completed a recount of yesterday's vote and compiled the order? I'm not sure that's worded right... If not, does anyone plan to? I think yesterday's lynch could give us some valuable info.
Not that I can see- if anyone else wants to take up the torch, I’d be all ears. I wasn’t around for the last few hours otherwise I’d try and post updates

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:55 pm OK, glad to be here! I have been following the game, and have some pretty defined opinions. I work M-F 8-5, and am very unlikely to be able to post during those times, just an FYI.

First to clear up a few things. DH and i have played together for YEARS, as teammates, as adversaries, we played D&D together for a while. One thing I know about DH, when DH is bad, he takes his frustration to the chat. He's calm, he spends much more time playing nice when he's bad. I'm watching this classic thread derail (and again, this is something I know about, have derailed more than one thread with him and others) yelling at my monitor, "HE'S A CIV". @Kate I'm talking to you, I think that was a civ/civ situation. Classic.

And I have his role card now, and can guarantee you he was a civ. @DharmaHelper thanks for what you said in the Zero poll :hugs:

OK, I am NOT a fan of naming civs, the baddies do get to NK people, but they also still have to lynch people. And if everyone thinks person X is civ, they can't lynch them, that cuts down their chances for opportunism. That said, in "Modern" (@Scotty :pout: )mafia, that apparently is not the case, so I will give general impressions of everyone. There are a few people I will not lynch, and I will work hard against a lynch wagon on any of them, should one form. And that's all I'm saying about that.

I left the dead on the list for my reasons. I will go between ped and sarc to make it easier to read. I have more firmly formed opinions on some than others.

Are the polls posted? I thought I saw them, but I'm not sure where they are. Can someone help a girl out? Also was there much voting without posting? I saw some discussion of it, but didn't really watch the poll while following.

THE AMAZING PLAYERS!
bea- Bea! Come out and play, I am not thrilled with the Bea I'm seeing. I know time is tight, but I am missing your insights. I could vote for her.
DFaraday- As always very quiet. I do know he is responsible when bad. If he's missing votes, not sure bad DF would do so. But it's been years, so I have to look at votes.
DharmaHelper-Such a civ it's a shame you all missed it.
DrWilgy-He's licking people? This seems like standard Wilgy chaos? I can never tell with him. What does his voting record look like?
Elohcin- I think she's likely civ, unless her game has changed tons (and iirc she said she doesn't play much?) I have nothing to question here.
fingersplints-I am curious about those saying Splints was most def civ, but saying Kate self targeted. What did Splints do that was so civvie? If the rez comes up, I'll be voting Llama as of now.
G-Man- I could vote here. I have seen both G men, bad and good, and he is a stellar civ, a self conscious baddie. Halloween weekend, he's a Dad. Give me more G, man. You're looking self conscious.
Golden-I am super conflicted here. He looks like civ Golden, he sounds like civ Golden, but his conclusions are very different than mine. So definite middle ground for me.
Kate- I KNOW Kate, and like DH, she would NEVER have that hissy thing in thread if she was bad. When she was OT'ed she was here like all the time. I would be amazed if she was bad
thellama73- I think he was a civ, and as of now, he has my rez vote should that be triggered.
Lorab- I am flummoxed that any pre-Syndicate old timey players suspected her. She always looks shady to those newer to her. Did Bea vote for her?
Michelle- I know i played with her once or so, I have zero impression of her here except "blendy". Those who know her, is this her norm? If not, I could vote here, too.
NotAnAxehole-I thought he was bad. I especially thought his suggestion of a firedrill was bad, but that could be my bias. I have to compare Vivax1 to Vivax2. Haven't done that yet.
Quin-TBH, quin/Scotty/Golden/Llama were all blending in for me a bit while I was following, I need to read him. I have no impression of him, and I should.
Scotty-I think he's probably a civ. I grossly misread him once, and the person I am seeing here is that person. Anyone have a recent Scotty bad game I could see?
sig- Blendy sig is blendy. Is this still the case? Not seeing anything overtly scary, I need opinions here.
Sloonei-I am not seeing the civ Sloonei I knew and feared, but he may have changed up his game? Could I see recent good/bads for him maybe?
Vivax- Like I said, I felt NAA was bad, but it was for mainly undefined reasons. Vivax seems more civ, but I need to do a read on him tbh

So where is everyone else at?
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:35 pm Has anyone completed a recount of yesterday's vote and compiled the order? I'm not sure that's worded right... If not, does anyone plan to? I think yesterday's lynch could give us some valuable info.
This ^^ I could use some poll help, and it's a good way to get discussion going.
I mean…you do you. Also I hate how I am the scapegoat as the one representing “modern” mafia just because I’m adaptable. I’m the Bridger of generations, the first of my name. I’m so old and new school, I’m newd school. But more importantly, mafia is going to kill who they’re going to kill. If I die for being universally townread then so be it- it helps solidify the core players so we can better cull the herd, so they say. And that’s all I’m saying about that.

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

anyone? Where is the vent thread. Immabout to go nucluar on this store. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sorry. I am following along. But not able to contribute till J wake up tomorrow. Work is sucking the joy out of me and I was on a smole break.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm …Assuming 4 baddies in the game and 14 players left…

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I zoned out trying to read your last wallpost. I’ll go back in my reread GMan.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:35 pm Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
But I always chuckle when people put themselves in the towncore. I remember supatown llama doing it too. But unlike you in this game, I think llama is a supatown.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:15 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:09 pm History would dictate that I should vote a no-poster here, but history also says you shouldn’t march on Russia in the winter. I think that’s crock, see? You just have to wear thicker outer layers and bring more rations. I have it all figured out! While other poindexters might put their head down and wait until summer to make an offensive push on the oppressive czar of the day, I confidently proclaim “naw,” get on my bike and ride forth, baby. Instead of following the narrative “learn from the past’s mistakes,” I choose to “make mistakes in the future.” I choose to never make new beginnings by always postponing the endings.

Life is a haiku made up of an infinite spew of lines.

Anyway, [VOTE: Bea] aubergine
Wait. What? I didn't understand any of this. It was like a Dali painting but with words in my brain.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm I have an idea of who the mafia is, but it's not who I'm voting at the moment. Though, the person I'm voting may also be mafia, who knows.
I am confused by this logic as well.

Boom! Roasted.
A) I am Bea (pronounced bee. Short for Beatrice.). I am usually extremely cheery especially at the start when I am just happy to talk to people. It's been like 8 years since I've played so I am probably extra cheery. :bea:

B) I, sadly, have been voted on for less.

C) I am curious as to what happened to point D in the list.

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Boom! Roasted.
I voted Bea.
That makes my heart sad. Even if it was short lived.

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 pm Visions of Day 1’s of old are running through my mind. I’m not inclined to just let it go in the undisciplined manner of yesteryear. I need more meat to chew on from everyone first. I’m thankful that my night away coincided with Night 0 instead of the first half of Day 1.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
The grammar police role is mafia. Making typos does not benefit town.
Valid point indeed! But the civvies have an adverb checker, so we should play it old school like when lie detector roles were still in vogue and pressure everyone to post a unique adverb. Anyone who resists must die. :llama:
I agree with what G-man is laying down here.

Adverbs in generaly VASTLY improve communication. They can also HEAVILY color meaning in terms of connoative associations.

(Oh! I almost souned smart up there!)

thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:35 am
Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:29 am Y'all should know to give me a little leeway before suspecting me, especially when I've been away for so many years.
No mercy for the cakemaker!
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
I do not like this post, nor do I like the vote for Bea. Mind you, I think voting for Bea in general is reasonable because people always tend to trust her, which makes her dangerous on the occasions when she is mafia, but Axey’s vote came without explanation and was a pile on after a (marginally) more justified vote.

Also, why would you not vote for who you think the mafia is?
I am worthy of trust this time round llamaloo!

Also, Hiiiiiiii! Miss you sir!

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
I am now curious as to how I taste.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:29 pm I think Dharma and Wilgy are villagers
I liked Scotty asking about the reason of receiving a town read

I have mixed feelings about Eloh I think they can go either way

I am sorry if I make any gender mistake, for players I don't know I will use they but I would appreciate help here.eta infos would be great!

Also I wish to know everyone's time zone.
I live in East Europe and for me is 10:30 pm now
I am female. My time is currently 2:47 pm. I am in Arizona (US) where time is bizzare.
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm My sense is that the mafia is laying low right now. Kate has only two posts. Lorab has only three, although she also has a good excuse. Bea has no posts on Day 1 yet. I’ll be watching these players very closely.
fingersplints wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:47 pm
Is there a reason you skipped over dfaraday who only has 1?
Interesting point. Upon further reading of the thread "forgot him" feels on brand for DF too.

Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:54 pm There would be nothing more ‘classic mafia’ than DF being D1 lynched for low posting.
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:08 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Hopefully they posts and we can make a read because lynching a low poster at random is a coin flip.
I would say ‘at random’ excludes meta reads. Lynching a low posting DF on day 1 feels like worse odds than a coin flip to me.
This all vibes better for golden imo. Far too many mafia games lose civ DF for low posting right out the gate if memory serves correctly.

thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:22 pm The fact that no one is trying to lynch me on Day One is very out of character for this site and is making me uneasy. :huh:
I don't remember you being in the hot seat on day 1 much, but things change I guess and I've been gone a minute.
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:00 pm
I could see this. Especially if mafia are people that haven’t played in awhile they’ll be more likely to hang back and get acclimated
I am not mafia. I have however been gone a long time. Getting acclimated after a long break isn't a baddie behavior per say. In my case, it is "I've been gone a long time. Dusting off cobwebs is strange. My enviornment is both strange and familiar."

As for the vote, I don't really know. Day 1 is hard. All the cases seem pretty weak. I generally see the good in everyone.
Beas first substantive post (it's big, so i put it in spoilers) It's her 9th post, the first 8 were fluff.

I will she she is hella concerned with DFaraday.

It starts with Splints questioning Llama as to why he left DF out of his low posters list. Bea seems more concerned with defending Faraday than working with Splints main point, that Llamas low poster list was incomplete.

Then Golden/Michelle discuss lynching low posters, and beas thoughts on that are also about DF:
Bea said: This all vibes better for golden imo. Far too many mafia games lose civ DF for low posting right out the gate if memory serves correctly.
A few posts later, Sloonei tries to draw her out, this back and forth makes Sloonei look better to me.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:20 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:07 pm @bea Which players in this game are/were you most familiar with in those bygone days?
1) Most experience playing with: DF, DH, Splintsy, G-man, Golden, Kate, Lorab.

2) Mid-teir: Dr. Wgy, llamaloo, quin, scotty, sug, you.

3) New to me: Michelle, Axe, Vivax.
What are your first impressions of the new-to-you folks?
Michelle gives me mo reason to worry about her yet.
Viv seems quiet.
Axe confuses me. Cant figure out if he is srrs, joking or on lsd.
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:23 pm Bea‘s avi looks like a croupier kitty. Tone worries me a bit.

May move Sloonei to town for that certain ballsiness, but I suspect theirs is some lazy meta read from being used to seeing me post more energetically.
Hi Viv! The avi is actually Matt Smith's Doctor cosplay from a cat. :biggrin:
This here is a back/forth she had with Golden. this quote makes me think if one of them is bad, the other is not. This feels real, not even a little like teammate distancing.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:00 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:56 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:46 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:40 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:34 pm @Golden

Yes. I am most familiar with the people who played on sites before the syndicate.

I am unsure as to why you pointed this out Golden? Did you think I was avoiding the question of "Who are you most familiar with?"
No. It was just funny how perfect the breakdown was.

A no u moment here… but that felt like you were jumping at a shadow. Why did you read that post as having a hidden intent?
Because I am still trying to figure you out. I feel like my Golden gut monitor is off and I can't tell if it's from lack of practice reading you, your play style has changed or you are being weird.
I mean the third one is definitely true but that doesn’t mean other things are not.

Is getting an early read on me something you specifically want to do?
Old habits die hard. I usually had a pretty solid read on you early in the past. It was one of the things that helped to ground me so I am feeling a little shook up over my flippy flop about trusting you or not.
Then she seemed to not want to vote for ...DF? And Lorab, who we know was civ, and Kate, who I think is civ.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:24 pm 3 way tie - vote closes in little more than 30 minutes. I dont want to vote for any of the people who have votes. Quiet (possilbe miss of lynch) from df feels on brand, a post abput driving from lorab then nothing. No posts from kate. That has me worried. Ugh. Day 1. :(
@bea, What are your current thoughts on DFaraday? I am intrigued, I need to know.

And she did not vote for anyone, resulting in insanification, yes?

Next is also a big one, so I put it in spoilers. This is post insanification.
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:14 pm
Vivax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:46 am
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:20 am
Vivax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:51 am I guess that losing the Cipher is awkward.
gg Lora
Sadly the rez only works on nightkills afaik.

Good thing bea and kate can talk normally.

@ Kate

What's your case on DH?

Nice idea with the coloured sentences, I'll steal it.

As for bea: I have some questions about sentences I find a bit vague, if you could expound a bit please.

1. I have zero remembrance of you getting thrown off by Golden on D1. Going over your ISO you mostly have positive mentions on D1. Where did Golden throw you off and what did you understand about where he was coming from?
2. This is a strange angle to townread both quinn and shloon. You are basing it on the alignments of kate, dh, llama and golden being assumed town. Do you have that sort of confidence about them ?
1) It is the mostly part, he made my gut feel like something was off. Hence 1 eye. I was not joking about having a hard time getting a read on him and not being able to figure out why. It might not have looked like a full on sus (cuz it wasn't) but it was there. I mentioned it, golden addressed it. I sat back and kept an eye on him.

2) I am basing my thoughts on sloon amd quinn based on sloon and quinn. I am unsure what my reads of the others have to do with it. Can you explain what you are asking further? Sometimes I am quite unintentionally obtuse.

Also, the spoiler post reminded me - I still have these questions. Can anyone help a gal out? :grin:

Questions: 3p = 3rd party = indy yes?
Were DF and I the only 2 people to miss the D1
(1)
I admit, Golden's playstyle day 1 really threw my vibes off (I am a vibe player) But I think after today, I see why he was trying to switch stuff up more and I undersand where he was coming from.
(2)
As for shloon and quinn - IIRC, quinn was the first one to say "the D1 train on Bea is bullsuit. I thought it at the time, but continued to do nothing. " Then sloon actually helped move from topic *of* conversation to actually talking and contributing. I mean, from where I sit, that feels town. Could they be mafia sucking up? Sure. But why me?? Ya'll know I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. If it were mafia, I'd spend more time getting kate, or dh, or llama, or golden or literally anyone else's good graces than bea's.
What about the last part in sentence (2)?
I am not known for being a particularly good civ leader in a game. I am no - say - jjj or sloon or golden or supatowloo. I tend to blindly bumble my way through the world in both alignements and probs more so as a civ because i am relying on my not so great brain and gut. When you generally go through the world trusting everyone, it does not exactly turn you into a skilled person at spoting people who are trying to manipulate you.

So, for as WIFOM as it may seem, I have a hard time beliving that if quinn and sloon are linked in the game, that they are mafia trying to gain credit via me. Because I am typically prety easy to lynch for general "bea did something dumb" and not waste an NK on early because there are bigger fish to fry. Why spend the time getting in my good graces? Does that help explain my thought process more?
This makes me feel better about Vivax, and (who is "supatowloo??) less so about Bea. This is totally not true, imo. Civ Bea reminds me of Ms Marvel in a way, the last person you expect to throw on a cape and a mask, but there you go. It's early days, but I am not seeing even a shadow of that person. TBH I am conflicted though because she KNOWS I feel this way about her game, that she self deprecates a bit more than she should. She might not have said this had I been playing at that time. Had she said that when i was playing, i would have voted her then and not stopped till one of us was gone, lol, but i'll give her a pass for that statement here because I was not playing when she said it. But not helping me feel better.

Also, who was saying intentionally missing votes might be a strategy? Interesting thought. Bea was in thread 2 hours before the vote, and 40 minutes after it ended, and she was fairly active that night phase, discussing vote changing etc. That discussion led to to recall why I suspected NAA also, it was the fire drill as well as the not wanting to mark votes, just to switch them.

I found it!
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 am Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Also you can have a town read. Congratulations!
Was this the only reason you townread her? I would like to know what in her content up to the point that you said this leads you to townread her. Her content AFTER this point reads more town to me than before it tbh.

OK, that was a big ugly post, I have to read more, walk the dog and then be back.

Linki @Sloonei that's how this reads to me, so i guess i misunderstood.
SVS is town. That’s a breath of relief.

This is a fresh take on bea from someone that probably knows her town and mafia play much better than me, so I’ll cede to you on the front of what the caped bea eventually would look like.

Nah, this wouldn’t be a calculated decision because the thread hadn’t figured out the significance of missing votes until Golden pointed it out in response to bea and DF talking insane Day 2.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:26 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Kate:
She spends D1 sus on Scotty. This looks wrongheaded to me now, so I am curious if her read on him changed. @Kate What's your current opinion on Scotty? I feel ashamed to say that I don't remember Kate's playstyle at all. Perhaps it's just been that long. The level of sass took me by surprise, but we were a sassy bunch back in those days. She was OT Green for D2, but she got a few non-OT posts off at the start of the day. This makes me ponder if Kate had an OG townslip here. I understand the tinfoil theory about baddies OT'ing their own to buy them space, but it doesn't seem like Kate was suddenly in danger of falling onto the radar in a bad way. Also, if a baddie is OT'd, I don't think that they make the mistake of rattling off a few non-OT posts like that. The rest of D2 was lost to OT Green. N2 she comes in hot and mixes it up with a few people, DH the most. Overall, there seems to be a fair amount of culture clash and adjustment for Kate. Not surprising for a deep OG player. I can see the difficulty with how different the game is now being a talking point that a baddie could exploit, but her frustration seems genuine and I still doubt that a baddie goofs up on the OT bit at the start of the day. Not a lock, but that possible townslip is more than enough for me to keep her out of the poe.

Votes: Scotty D1, DH D2
Scotty's play rubbed me the wrong way on day 1, he is a very high poster - which admittedly I am not used to. I was always a very active player but I was NEVER one to come in with a wall of text or meticulously detailed reasoning and analysis. That test post above is the first multiquote post I've ever made, ever. I do get more rattled when I'm a civ because I start to feel lost and then frustrated. But I suppose what else would I say at this point? Anyway back to Scotty, once more people came in playing the same style as he does, I realized it may be play style and I laid off.

As for the OT posts on day 2, I started posting right away without checking my PMs. I felt horrible about this and I was resolved not to call attention to it unless someone else did first, and well here we are. I feel bad that I did that and I apologize to Mr. Green OT baddie. I'm a rule follower I just forgot all about checking PMs when the days start. Just thinking aloud here, but I'm going to go back and look at who started to suggest I was bad based on the "self OT." Its possible that none of the civs were making this suggestion, as the baddies may have hoped, and started to drop ideas about that in order to get a wagon for me going. I'm going to look into this. I'll be back.
I appreciate this post. Still a top town read for Kate.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

While I have found SVS to be agreeable to this point, I’m not ready to call her town. There is always a small window where replacements can share authentic reads regardless of their alignment. I’ll need to see her keep it up over a longer period of time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:37 pm SVS, it was me who said that, and it’s because:

1) bea used a consistent code to make it quite easy to understand (transfer all vowels one spot).
2) comment on things (whether by post or emoji) in a way that made me feel like they were important to her in terms of understanding the game
3) put in more effort than she could have gotten away with.

I also came in with a bea town read. I liked the way she interacted with me on day one. I’m not sure that scum bea picks me as her first civ to prod at.

I also have said that I legitimately can’t remember a time I played with bea when she was bad, so if you have meta reads about ‘bea’s scum game’, I’m not discounting them. I’m just taking her on the merits of what I’ve seen.
I will also say that bea came out early saying something akin to ‘I’m easy to figure out as mafia as the game goes on because I’m bad at it’ and has kept a pretty even-keeled presence of the thread since. I believe that the more she posts the more chance we’ll be able to see if she can give herself away…whatever that entails.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

bea wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:08 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 pm @bea totally Ms Marvel, glowing with righteous indignation. I am seeing no element of that. No Noble Smiley :noble: which is very much civ bea to me. I don’t think it’s an overestimation. But it’s also very Meta.

What do you think of the Triumvirate of Content, Golden, Sloonei and Quin? And thanks for explaining “supalamaloo” I had no freaking idea :haha:
Also, I have pretty good feelings about Golden, sloon and quin thus far. I mean, I guess I could be being conned, but they have all felt pretty genuine to me.
How is Quin part of the triumvirate but I’m not? :pout:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:11 pm The elements I have consumed so far.

Up to page 4, Some snails, a cup of emotional damage, spot reading whenever I'm online, Sig's ISO, Splints ISO, and a 4th cup of sodium acetate.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:10 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:09 pm Then I saw the iso and decided against it.
This is the part I'm interested. What did you see in his ISO that changed your mind?
My brother. It was waffley as fuck in normal sig fashion. Didn't taste like waffle tho.
You should write a cookbook. “Wilgy’s Bizarre and Inedible Edibles”

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:42 pm One last thing, we should all be seriously concerned that dfaraday has posted FOUR times.
But isn’t that non-alignment indicative of him?

Not to defend him, because that’s still pretty terrible, but still.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:04 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:26 amDF - a proper scum read at this point. DF is always quiet and I defended him on day 1 but it’s day 3 now…. And perpetual catch up mode. I don’t think civ DF is *this* quiet.
I actually think I'm the opposite. I feel more pressured to contribute as a baddie because I have teammates to look out for. I guess technically I do as a civ too, but it's less immediate.

Anyway, Scotty and G-Man are reading civ to me, mostly due to tone. DH, from what I've read, almost seems to want to die, and I'm getting the vibe that his recent posts are some kind of baddie ploy. I will put a vote on him for now, in the absence of strong reads on anyone else yet.
:ponder:

Honest, and self aware.

You can be a town lean

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:25 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:42 pm One last thing, we should all be seriously concerned that dfaraday has posted FOUR times.

From what I remember, he was a low poster in every game I played with him. It's concerning to me that, at the time of that post, 4 posts was hurting the civs chances of winning as we may be unlikely to lynch him (if he's bad) keeping the mafia alive because one player was playing. On the flip side (if he is civ) he's not contributing anything thus being no help to hunt down the baddies and he is simply just holding an alive civ role...while the rest of us who are playing get nk'd.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:03 pm While I have found SVS to be agreeable to this point, I’m not ready to call her town. There is always a small window where replacements can share authentic reads regardless of their alignment. I’ll need to see her keep it up over a longer period of time.
I think it’s compounded with the fact that this DH reads more closely to his town game than his {2} mafia games I reread.
Plus, this content SVS is providing closely aligns with my confirmation bias so :beer:

I don’t think this slot is one that I’m comfortable losing today, to make this more clear

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Ebwop:

Should say: because one player was NOT Playing.

Hope this is clear, I'm tired.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:37 pm

From what I remember, he was a low poster in every game I played with him. It's concerning to me that, at the time of that post, 4 posts was hurting the civs chances of winning as we may be unlikely to lynch him (if he's bad) keeping the mafia alive because one player was playing. On the flip side (if he is civ) he's not contributing anything thus being no help to hunt down the baddies and he is simply just holding an alive civ role...while the rest of us who are playing get nk'd.
I mean yeah, low posters in a game without vigilante or town ability (that we know of) that can kill excess is not ideal. Don’t disagree with that.

I am pretty pro posting in general, if my annoyingly verbose yammering is any indication :p

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I’m caught up! And tired and drunk.! No longer drunk, because tj

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:41 pm

I mean yeah, low posters in a game without vigilante or town ability (that we know of) that can kill excess is not ideal. Don’t disagree with that.

I am pretty pro posting in general, if my annoyingly verbose yammering is any indication :p

Yes, another good point.
Hopefully its moot now, since he showed up and posted some and I hope he will continue to do so. But simply not posting helps no one but the baddies.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ENWOP: because the 4 glasses I had earlier have since whittled off into my kidney, where it will live in harmony with my gut microbiobes.

Couple things in my reread:
-Michelle hasn’t posted yet today. I still have no reason not to vote for her
-sig is still on my radar
-GMan is a viable candidate for lynch, and I liked something sloonei touched on which was posting many reads without saying who he actually suspected, in more or less words. Putting lipstick on a pig and calling it marlin Monroe doesn’t make it marylin montoe
-DF, bea, SVS shit up my leaderboards and can eat cake

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:45 pm

Yes, another good point.
Hopefully its moot now, since he showed up and posted some and I hope he will continue to do so. But simply not posting helps no one but the baddies.
Remind me if I missed it- does he look civ to you with his recent emergence from the sewers today?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh! The last thing I was thinking as I was rereading was this, and I might repeat this later if things go bad but

(And this is a spicy take)
I have a tinfoil where Quin/Sloonei/Golden are all bad with their partner Michelle.

There, I said it. I don’t know even know if I believe it. I’m probably just buzzed and not thinking straight. But the seed is there *knocks head*

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Remember I’m not leading the train today. But Michelle should be getting more scrutiny in thread than “yeah, I don’t know how she normally plays. She could be bad I guess”

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:48 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:45 pm

Yes, another good point.
Remind me if I missed it- does he look civ to you with his recent emergence from the sewers today?
That's my concern, I don't think we've seen enough to make an educated guess. He sounded genuine I guess, for what we got.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by G-Man »

Various read on the other manageable ISO's:

Michelle:
Other than a handful of posts where she posts a stance on a few players with no supporting information, Michelle collects in-the-moment vote counts. I like vote analysis, but I'm not sure I've ever gone so far as to seek out that level of detail. This leaves her D1 as a mixed bag at best. She checks out for D2, which is suboptimal. It doesn't look like she's even shown up for D3 yet. Michelle is more like Mehchelle. There was RL travel, I get that, but she didn't leave much to chew on overall. Not worthy of a town read.

Votes: Eloh D1, Missed D2

NAA/Vivax 2.0:
NAA is a bit cryptic, holds his cards close to the vest, and is punchy-awkward. He stirs the pot and then claims rolefishing. I've grown used to just looking past NAA on D1's that I feel nothing from his ISO. Vivax 2.0, however, is a different story. While I am still trying to get a feel for this ne-to-me player, they're chugging along at their own pace and producing content. Their reads differ quite a bit from mine in places, but it's okay to live outside of an echo chamber in this game. Let's see where this one goes.

Votes: Eloh D1, Quin D2

Quin:
Yikes. His D1 saw him sussing Eloh and Scotty, who are both outside of my poe by a sizeable margin. After circling back to Eloh & Scotty a few times he zags and votes DH. Then there's a lot of posting without much flavor to it, but it's at least stirred some conversation. I'm leery that Quin is more than capable of keeping this kind of dancing around the radar as a baddie. His posts go in and out of focus almost as they need to. I'd say it's not strong enough to evade the poe yet.

Votes: Eloh D1, LoRab D2

Sig:
Sig's ISO feels a lot like Quin's ISO, except that I liked it more. Most of it feels authentic, though his voting record sucks and I agree that it's not comforting to see him appear willing to coast today due to his posting affliction. It's soft, but I'll nudge him up out of the poe.

Votes: sig D1, Missed D2

Running on fumes now, so let me get to the big talkers quick.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

Clearing all three of Scotty, Sloonei and G-Man off these pages doesn’t seem like a bad idea at first glance
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by G-Man »

Vocal players are vocal. Here's my two cents:

-Scotty should be in everyone's towncore. His logic and non-emotional approach is what is needed to win the game. Fight me.

-DH's emotions got the better of him and I just don't see that coming from a baddie DH who wasn't cornered yet. S~V~S (*waves*) made a good point about how DH would use the baddie chat to vent. If you have a chat, that's where one vents to keep you from going all Johnny Fairplay with the AtE. I read DH as town and S~V~S gets a heaping portion of benefit of the doubt as a result. I haven't seen anything tricksy from her yet, and I've witnessed her tricksy firsthand before.

-I said a while back that there's got to be a baddie among the big talkers or else this game would harmonize. That leaves Sloonei and Golden. Since my efforts are already eliciting snickers and eyerolls, I suspect my name is the only real option on the chopping block today. That's fine. Take that and learn from it, but be sure to Thunderdome Sloonei and Golden at some point soon, because one of them has to be bad or this game is whack. Golden got a little emotional right back at DH Night 2, and Sloonei is the inverse- that sort of emotionless Spock thing.

All four of these folks are game-solving (which is what I was going for when I said supatown- don't get hung up on semantics), but there's gotta be a baddie in there. Weeding out Scotty and DH/S~V~S, and that pushes both Sloonei and Golden into the poe for Thunderdome.

Not the POE (because Towncore is apparently too strong a term for casual use):
-Bea
-DH/S~V~S
-Eloh
-Kate
-Scotty
-Sig
-VivAxe

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy
-Golden the Coward
-Michelle
-Quin
-Sloonei

All names are in alphabetical order. I can parse through my notes in the morning to try to rank them in a more concrete fashion. Right now I need sleep (and a new dehumidifier).
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

Though I’d like to know how kate mad it to Sloonei’s top town considering even llama (the nightkill at the very least teehee) saw it as possible kate was mafia targeting herself or pretending to.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Going through Michelle’s ISO, and this little progression jumped out.
Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:40 am my weekend trip started this morning at 4 am
I will try catching up but I don't promise much activity
650 km today and almost the same tomorrow to reach our destination

I am here, reading
1st post of Day 2
Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:44 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:40 am JK.

Just licked Sig's ISO.

They taste inconclusive. Somewhat like a block of cheddar with too many earthworms.
When you started this new era in your playstyle and what inspired it? What lick means in the game context? I know someone else asked but i don't remember your answer

Also yuck! :ohnoes:
Responds to this post to question Wilgy’s playstyle, which was the direct post before Michelle posted.
Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:48 am
Who called the Toon Patrol?

Poll runs till Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:00 amPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

bea

No votes Voters: NoneDFaraday

No votes Voters: NoneDharmaHelper

No votes Voters: NoneDrWilgy

No votes Voters: NoneElohcin

No votes Voters: NoneG-Man

No votes Voters: NoneGolden

No votes Voters: NoneKate

No votes Voters: Nonethellama73

No votes Voters: NoneLorab

13% Voters: ScottyMichelle

No votes Voters: NoneNotAnAxehole

No votes Voters: NoneQuin

No votes Voters: Nonesig

No votes Voters: NoneSloonei

13% Voters: DrWilgyEddie Valiant (The Host, the Non, the Dead)

75% Voters: Neon, nutella, JaggedJimmyJay, S~V~S, Spacedaisy, Epignosis Total votes: 8
Why are here only 2 votes?

Is everyone else in weekend trip? O.o
Keeping in mind this is 12 hours into Day 2, so first, this question isn’t really that pertinent, and second, coming from someone seemingly not paying attention, she seems concerned about votes.
Then:
Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:04 am Change of plans we visit this town we are in now. Oh well...

RIP Fingers, now I read the results
Noted how Sig said her Iso doesn't tell much. I will read it too to check that after I come back at hotel
THIS post was made a few posts later after having that exchange with Wilgy

So let me get this progression right:
-‘I am here, reading the current post and responding to whatever it is’
-‘Why is no one voting?’
-‘oh no, splints is dead’

I’ve waffled a lot just in dissecting this, but what this really comes down to is (and I’ve played multiple games with Michelle but my memory is bad concerning how she ‘normally’ behaves as town)
-Does Town Michelle really jump in to a thread and start engaging with it without looking at the start of day to see…rules/restrictions/deaths/info from the host post?

If yes, then I think her posts look just fine. Her progression is there, and this case is a nothingburher (mmmm)
If not, then Michelle is making some weird attempts at being in the thread and is scummy.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:23 am Clearing all three of Scotty, Sloonei and G-Man off these pages doesn’t seem like a bad idea at first glance
Clearing anyone should be off the table right now

Let alone this page lol

I actually want to vote GMan

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 am
-Scotty should be in everyone's towncore. His logic and non-emotional approach is what is needed to win the game. Fight me.
I’ll show YOU non-emotional.

:|

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: GMan] aubergine

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:30 am Though I’d like to know how kate mad it to Sloonei’s top town considering even llama (the nightkill at the very least teehee) saw it as possible kate was mafia targeting herself or pretending to.
Kate ISO.

I don't currently think it's likely that the mafia team self-targeted with OG green. On top of that, she looks and feels the part of a town player in every one of her posts. There is no single thing that puts her in the top tier of my town reads. But taking her as she is in this game right now, she simply appears to be town in every facet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 am -I said a while back that there's got to be a baddie among the big talkers or else this game would harmonize. That leaves Sloonei and Golden. Since my efforts are already eliciting snickers and eyerolls, I suspect my name is the only real option on the chopping block today. That's fine. Take that and learn from it, but be sure to Thunderdome Sloonei and Golden at some point soon, because one of them has to be bad or this game is whack. Golden got a little emotional right back at DH Night 2, and Sloonei is the inverse- that sort of emotionless Spock thing.
What if the game harmonizes?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”