Total votes: 14
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I just noticed I said "aspect" instead of "suspect" in my read about MP. :fist:

Sometimes I wish it was possible to edit posts here.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:But sadly I'm not a Dr. yet. :why:
I have a great joke I can make about your last name once you become a doctor.

Hint: It smells funny. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

TASTE THE RAINBOW!!! #2

Dragon D. Luffy -- (no change) -- I still think he is genuine, but I'm certainly not discounting the possibility of him being mafia.
Elohcin -- (previously No read or unsure) -- I am feeling solid about Elo after her exchange with me and I feel as though I am seeing engaged civilian Elohcin as opposed to engaged baddie or disengaged baddie Elohcin. Her thoughts, while at first confusing to me, were clarified in a seemingly genuine fashion. I also do not think she would have fabricated such a suspicion on me if she did not believe it, especially with that reasoning. That said, I want to hear more from her.

JaggedJimmyJay -- (no change) -- Still seems like normal Jay to me. Not seeing anything alarming just yet, but I'm hesitant to trust him, since he does an impressive civilian attitude even when he is mafia.
sanmateo -- (previously Very slight mafia read) -- Although I would still like to see more affirmative statements from him, his interaction with DDL struck me as more genuine than not, and I think he was feeling genuinely frustrated, hence the escalation.
Epignosis -- (previously No read or unsure) -- I believe his attempts to generate discussion have been genuine, but I'm far from convinced.
Turnip Head -- (previously No read or unsure) -- His unique approach to this game, despite not saying much so far, has me leaning very slightly civilian.

acrosstheaether
birdwithteeth11
Dom
fingersplints
G-Man
Metalmarsh89
Roxy
TinyBubbles

Bass_the_Clever -- (previously Very slight civilian read) -- I need to hear more. I also need clarification on why my behavior is worth keeping an eye on.
Black Rock -- (previously Very slight civilian read) -- While I appreciate her defense of me against Elohcin's accusation, I'm not convinced it's coming from a civilian mindset. I need to hear more.
Golden -- (previously No read or unsure) -- It is interesting that I am on the same page as Turnip Head here, but as I simmered on thoughts during class, I also came to the conclusion that Golden is hiding something. He certainly is not seemingly transparent with all of his thoughts, or at least that's the impression I'm getting. The fact that he has refused to substantiate his opinions and analyze in his super-Golden-lawyer mode is disconcerting. Obviously this is still a "slight" read, but I need Golden to come in here and alleviate some concerns.
Sloonei -- (previously Very slight civilian read) -- He has dropped due to an inability to really get the ball rolling on suspects and contribute more than uncertain statements. What say you, Sloonei?

For reference:
Very strong civilian read
Strong civilian read
Moderate civilian read
Slight civilian read
Very slight civilian read
No read or unsure
Very slight mafia read
Slight mafia read
Moderate mafia read
Strong mafia read
Very strong mafia read

Be back later. I have to accomplish some tasks. I also would like to hear Rox's elaboration on why she feels the opposite regarding Golden.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dang it!

Bass and BR should be (previously No read or unsure). Sorry. BBL.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sockwalk wrote:Regarding my "different" style of play, Elohcin has provided a tangible reason, that I'm "cheerful", and several players have said that I seem more considerate of others' opinions. This is fair enough. But since it is clearly evident to practically everyone that I'm playing a different style, I have to know, is that all? What about my style is really different?
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Committing to slight civilian read on DDL. I believe him.
Is this a new style for you? :faint:

I am so surprised you have not locked onto any new players accussing them to be bad in massive wall-o-texts :p
Jk but still a small :eye: to you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i have to take note that Epignosis is active lurking right now. he is aware of the game, seemingly following the game, and contributing nothing to it. at face value and independent of meta (which i cannot know beyond MP's descriptions), i find that suspicious.
Good luck pinning Epi down I think I have gotten his alignment right only when I am bad :p

Also lol at the top posters at this point are seeing each other as good (mostly) (pg 6 standard ppp)
Then I added - something about playing other sites being refreshing to your game back on your home site.

I do find it very odd that you did not single a new player out, make a case and vote. Its been your norm for so long!
Is this a new strategy you are trying with this game?
;)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MovingPictures07, one might assert you've made a concerted effort here to earn Bass's early good graces without having to commit yourself to a truly positive read -- even if minor.
Yeah. That's what I got from MP's comment before this about bass. But again, only one Day 0 interaction. So not sure how concrete this is yet. I'll file it away in the ol' memory bank for later.

Unfortunately, my catch-up is going to be temporarily stalled. Will be back later to finish it.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:the one minor gripe i might make about Golden's posts to this point (which aren't dependent upon the answers given by others like the one above) is that despite his decent thoroughness he hasn't provided many reads.
I'm not generally known for providing 'many' reads. I just wait until I see a thing I think needs pursuing and then go hard at it. Sometimes I find that thing early. So far, I haven't found one.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Wait, what? This is terrible lol. This completely goes against the spirit of the game, imo. Which is that townies should work together to find scum and prioritize the team's victory over their own survival. If this is true, then I suppose it probably encourages the people on this site to be the game badly.

I mean, if all my effort to catch scum will be rendered moot since I might get day 1 lynched for putting myself in the spotlight, then I might as well shut up and try not to be too productive instead, if only to maximise my chances of survival. Seriously, this is beyond terrible.
Different people take a different approach to it.

I tend to get more satisfaction out of the town winning than I get out of a shiny winners banner.

In one sense it encourages people to be poor civilians, certainly. In another, it's just a different kind of game, not a 'worse' kind of game.

In any event, the existence of so many newbies with a different style may shake the meta.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think it's pretty dangerous that people are taking the notion that one of the 5 players to kickstart the game MUST be scum as a foregone conclusion. That encourages a narrower focus of suspicion not only in Day 1, but in all ensuing days until the alleged scum is identified.

There's more to Mafia than mere probability.
I agree.

Consequentially, I'm voting for Golden. I think he's bad news this game. :suspish:
Whoah, TH. Where did that come from. Care to give me something I can actually respond to?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think it's pretty dangerous that people are taking the notion that one of the 5 players to kickstart the game MUST be scum as a foregone conclusion. That encourages a narrower focus of suspicion not only in Day 1, but in all ensuing days until the alleged scum is identified.

There's more to Mafia than mere probability.
I agree.

Consequentially, I'm voting for Golden. I think he's bad news this game. :suspish:
care to elaborate? is this a meta-based read?
As far as I'm aware, TH and I have played exactly one game together, where we were indy teammates. Can't be meta based.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:I can't decide if I find Tiny Bubbles' lurking to be scummy or not. They've admitted to being nervous about saying anything at all, which would ordinarily would look very scummy but I am not familiar with them as a player or the Mafia Culture they come from. That said, regardless of anything that level of intense lurking is the easiest way for scum to hide without drawing any attention to themselves.
I played in TinyBubbles first game. It was very quiet all up, had 12 players, and TinyBubbles was one of the quietest of all. It was also on a froum completely new to mafia where nearly half the players hadn't played before. She was civilian. One game is hardly a representative sample, but I'm definitely not seeing her lurking as a reason to think she is bad.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I really don't understand why so many people are throwing around DDL name. I could understand if people have played a game with him before and know his tells but this is his first game here and I have no read on him.
MM out of syndicate regulas who are you getting bad vibes from?
I also agree with splints MP is acting different to the new players and might be something to keep an eye on.
Why me in particular? Are you just trying to get me lynched early. :omg: It's rare for you to ask me a question instead of voicing a strong baddie suspicion of me. But to answer your question, Elohcin's list of players caught my eye the most. I don't understand how or why she came up with her list of (roughly) 10 players to offer reads on, or lackthereof, and forego the other 9 players in the game.

Every single Syndicater aside from Epignosis seems to have commented on MovingPictures07's different style this game, so that itself is not suspicious. But I've already explained my thoughts on the changes in MovingPictures07, and I don't see why that part of his game is worth watching, but you go ahead and do what you want.
Sloonei wrote:I can't decide if I find Tiny Bubbles' lurking to be scummy or not. They've admitted to being nervous about saying anything at all, which would ordinarily would look very scummy but I am not familiar with them as a player or the Mafia Culture they come from. That said, regardless of anything that level of intense lurking is the easiest way for scum to hide without drawing any attention to themselves.
I played with TinyBubbles in her first game. That game was pretty light-hearted (outside of Golden and I going after each other pretty hard). There was not a lot of posting in general, and the civilians performed terribly in that game, myself included. But there were also at least 5 players in that game who had never played mafia before, and a couple more players who had not played in years.

Sure, she can speak for herself, but my opinion is that she might just be intimidated by such a vast amount of posting.
LOL. No I don't want you lynched I was just wondering because before it seemed like you were only talking about the new people to the site. I do agree the TH has seemed different this game but I going to give him the BOTD until he gives his explanation later.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I guess the difference is I'm being obviously un-TH like and Golden feels like he's trying to hide it.

I can elaborate when I get home tonight but if you're interested in looking into it just read his filter.
I really am simply having trouble keeping up while being extremely busy doing many things. I have had long days and not many nights at home this week. Boss resigned, more work. Pastor resigned, more preaching. Wife becomes a manager, has to deal with her first employee warning, needs some of my time and attention, plus yesterday I spent more of my time finalising my BSG game to submit in the poll than reading the game. You'll see me get more 'golden-like' (by which I assume he means fierce) when I see something I think looks bad.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:How is Gman cursed already?
His genes? :shrug:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, my terminally ill aunty is coming to visit for the next four days. It's probably the last opportunity I have to see her. I understand if people want to lynch me for being 'un-golden', but you can expect me to be generally quieter than normal golden until at least sunday, but hopefully I will still give solid content when I can.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:First off, I just want to say I am thoroughly enjoying playing this game with all of you and that I hope sanmateo comes back feeling less frustrated (I understand the feeling) because I've been appreciating his input.

++++++++

Regarding my "different" style of play, Elohcin has provided a tangible reason, that I'm "cheerful", and several players have said that I seem more considerate of others' opinions. This is fair enough. But since it is clearly evident to practically everyone that I'm playing a different style, I have to know, is that all? What about my style is really different?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: MP: was a big aspect at the beginning, but I kind of buy his and other people's justification that he is trying to adapt to multiple communities and his return to mafia. To be fair, his style of being nice to others is how he acts pretty much everywhere I talked to him.
I think this is a fair representation about what could possibly be different about my posting style, but I don't see how that would play into my alignment.

Bass says, for example, that it's something to keep on eye on. Yet clearly regardless of my two alignments (since we received two roles) I have been this way the entire game, correct? Or have I not? Can someone clarify here?

++++++++

Regarding civilians not winning unless they are alive, let me elaborate. It seemed to be a general trend when I played games at Lostpedia and affiliated mafia sites, so when I started hosting I set mine up that way, but over time I have grown less and less happy with this policy. As MM noted, in Death Note, I allowed any player to win if dead so long as their win condition is established, and I was very happy with it. The problem, I believe, that many have with letting the entire faction win (either civilians or mafia, but especially civilians) is that some civilians may have contributed practically nothing to the cause, and the sense of accomplishment that accompanies surviving until endgame and defeating mafia makes for a more satisfying and exclusive win title.

That said, there are absolutely no hard and fast rules here at this site when it comes to many of these things, even open setups or whatever. It's all up to every single individual host.

Personally, I plan on incorporating dead wins as much as I can for reasons that DDL stated, but I still like to make people work for their wins. :feb:

++++++++

It's interesting that Turnip Head has pulled the trigger on Golden because there's a weird vibe to him that I've been getting all game, but have been waiting to see how he'd continue throughout the Day period. The feeling I am receiving from Golden is that he isn't being entirely truthful; I also think some of his statements have been questionable, such as being worried about a new person being bandwagoned, etc., particularly when many people here at TS tend to at least allow players new to the site somewhat or an entire free pass on Day 1.

I'm going to try to refine my opinions on players and can elucidate this further when I update my next Rainbow List. I'm curious what Turnip Head has to say further as well.

++++++++

Here is a Gender Guide, which I can now actually make since I know everyone's gender (thanks to Golden correcting me on TinyBubbles). :P

I typically include these in my games when I'm hosting, but I don't think many hosts do. Hope this helps. Blue is male and pink is female.

acrosstheaether
Bass_the_Clever
birdwithteeth11
Black Rock
Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Epignosis
fingersplints
G-Man
Golden
JaggedJimmyJay
Metalmarsh89
MovingPictures07
Roxy
sanmateo
Sloonei
TinyBubbles
Turnip Head

You have been acting this way all game. The reason I said it's worth keeping an eye on is because we will see if it changes. Like if you go against a new player and they get lynched and flip civ or bad. It will help form my opinion of you.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
I played in TinyBubbles first game. It was very quiet all up, had 12 players, and TinyBubbles was one of the quietest of all. It was also on a froum completely new to mafia where nearly half the players hadn't played before. She was civilian. One game is hardly a representative sample, but I'm definitely not seeing her lurking as a reason to think she is bad.
Stop saying the same things that I am saying. :fishslap:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:Image
Hello G-Man.

What are your thoughts on this day period?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hello G-Man.

My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hello G-Man.

How would you feel if I voted for you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:How would you feel if I voted for you?
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:How would you feel if I voted for you?
How would you feel if I voted for JaggedJimmyJay?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:How would you feel if I voted for JaggedJimmyJay?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I guess the difference is I'm being obviously un-TH like and Golden feels like he's trying to hide it.

I can elaborate when I get home tonight but if you're interested in looking into it just read his filter.
I really am simply having trouble keeping up while being extremely busy doing many things. I have had long days and not many nights at home this week. Boss resigned, more work. Pastor resigned, more preaching. Wife becomes a manager, has to deal with her first employee warning, needs some of my time and attention, plus yesterday I spent more of my time finalising my BSG game to submit in the poll than reading the game. You'll see me get more 'golden-like' (by which I assume he means fierce) when I see something I think looks bad.
I was expecting to read "Wife resigned, more laundry."

XD
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Why are you using fingersplints smily? :haha:

Just responding as I read stuff today. I read that you'd basically said it already after I wrote it.

Next post - golden's history at the syndicate (and thus all TH knows of me).
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:Pastor resigned, more preaching.
Expository or topical, just curious?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:TASTE THE RAINBOW!!! #2

Dragon D. Luffy -- (no change) -- I still think he is genuine, but I'm certainly not discounting the possibility of him being mafia.
Elohcin -- (previously No read or unsure) -- I am feeling solid about Elo after her exchange with me and I feel as though I am seeing engaged civilian Elohcin as opposed to engaged baddie or disengaged baddie Elohcin. Her thoughts, while at first confusing to me, were clarified in a seemingly genuine fashion. I also do not think she would have fabricated such a suspicion on me if she did not believe it, especially with that reasoning. That said, I want to hear more from her.

JaggedJimmyJay -- (no change) -- Still seems like normal Jay to me. Not seeing anything alarming just yet, but I'm hesitant to trust him, since he does an impressive civilian attitude even when he is mafia.
sanmateo -- (previously Very slight mafia read) -- Although I would still like to see more affirmative statements from him, his interaction with DDL struck me as more genuine than not, and I think he was feeling genuinely frustrated, hence the escalation.
Epignosis -- (previously No read or unsure) -- I believe his attempts to generate discussion have been genuine, but I'm far from convinced.
Turnip Head -- (previously No read or unsure) -- His unique approach to this game, despite not saying much so far, has me leaning very slightly civilian.

acrosstheaether
birdwithteeth11
Dom
fingersplints
G-Man
Metalmarsh89
Roxy
TinyBubbles

Bass_the_Clever -- (previously Very slight civilian read) -- I need to hear more. I also need clarification on why my behavior is worth keeping an eye on.
Black Rock -- (previously Very slight civilian read) -- While I appreciate her defense of me against Elohcin's accusation, I'm not convinced it's coming from a civilian mindset. I need to hear more.
Golden -- (previously No read or unsure) -- It is interesting that I am on the same page as Turnip Head here, but as I simmered on thoughts during class, I also came to the conclusion that Golden is hiding something. He certainly is not seemingly transparent with all of his thoughts, or at least that's the impression I'm getting. The fact that he has refused to substantiate his opinions and analyze in his super-Golden-lawyer mode is disconcerting. Obviously this is still a "slight" read, but I need Golden to come in here and alleviate some concerns.
Sloonei -- (previously Very slight civilian read) -- He has dropped due to an inability to really get the ball rolling on suspects and contribute more than uncertain statements. What say you, Sloonei?

For reference:
Very strong civilian read
Strong civilian read
Moderate civilian read
Slight civilian read
Very slight civilian read
No read or unsure
Very slight mafia read
Slight mafia read
Moderate mafia read
Strong mafia read
Very strong mafia read

Be back later. I have to accomplish some tasks. I also would like to hear Rox's elaboration on why she feels the opposite regarding Golden.
I didn't realize I defended you. I thought I was just saying how I perceived it. I felt Elohcin was trying to blow it out of proportion which made me eye her. I guess my words could have been perceived as defending. :shrug:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want to steal a page from 3J's playbook:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Epignosis: his activity is kind of weird, with very little posts, but containing sharp accusations. Seems to be more like player style than actual scumminess. I'm leaning town, but not much.

sanmateo: I swear this guy seems to have the interpretation skills of a rock. Nobody in this thread has demanded more effort from me to make my posts understood than this guy, because anything I say, ANYTHING, he understands wrong. Plus, he hasn't done anything in this game other than accusing me. Yesterday his excuse for that was that I was the only active player he knew, but now most people have been active and he is still tunneling on me. Feels like scum, but I can't believe scum would be that bad. He is attracting heat from others and for a good reason. I'm reading him as a misguided townie. A VERY misguided townie.
I have done little else but analyze DDL's posts and I haven't accused anyone of being Mafia but him. So it is strange, then, that DLL is "leaning town, but not much" on me, but makes it clear that he thinks sanmateo is "a misguided townie. A VERY misguided townie."

If you are "leaning town" on me, then wouldn't I also be misguided?

But I don't think you read me, DDL. You claim I have "very little posts." I'm assuming you mean that I have "very few posts" and not very tiny posts. I have sixteen posts of varying sizes, anyway. Your claim is that these posts contain "sharp accusations."

I hope others reread me. Do you all think I have sharp accusations? I see only one (my tenth post) that I've held onto since yesterday evening (posts 14 & 15, and now this here 17). These sharp accusation(s) (I don't see how the plural form of the word is warranted) you, DDL, chalk up to "player style." That sounds like a subtle way to dismiss my accusation of you, which is my only accusation to date.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Expository or topical, just curious?
That's awfully forward of you! :eek:

But since you asked, the topical ointment doesn't work well, so now I have to use the expositories. :blush:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Has Dom said anything this phase yet?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So, TH's potential experience with me amounts to exactly two games. One in which he did not play and one in which he did. For whatever reason, despite us both having played with many other people on this site, TH and I had never had our mafia careers intersect until I returned from a long mafia break a few months ago.

The first game I played was Roger Rabbit. TH did not play. He did read along with it to some extent. That game had a day zero poll with a full story description that could potentially aid you in figuring out which way to vote. I put a whole lot of analysis in to that poll and came up with one option that I thought was the weakest choice, and I said so. Aces came in out of nowhere and voted for the option I had declared weakest. That option ended up winning. I pursued Aces after that, and ended up believing he was bad and hounding him on day one. Aces was lynched, and was bad.

Keeler mafia. TH and I were indy teammates. Day 0 poll again, this time you got items you voted for. I noted Bullzeye had opted for key and epignosis for safe. I also found epi's thread content deliberately obtuse. I called them both out as bad on day one. Both were bad. I also called out Dom for getting emotional. I was wrong about Dom (his play style had changed significantly in three years to what I remembered).

Common themes from those two games:

One - Poll 0 gave me a starting place for a genuine read. I don't know what to take out of day zero poll this time, especially since most votes came in before the role reshuffle.
Two - I was not going after people hard just because "thats golden". I went after them hard because I had a specific reason I thought they were bad. For the most part, I got them right. I'm not going to go hard after people just because thats what I am supposed to look like when I'm civ. I'm waiting to see something I think is bad to go after.

linki - eloh, expository. I generally leave any topical series we are doing to other people.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Why are you using fingersplints smily? :haha:

Just responding as I read stuff today. I read that you'd basically said it already after I wrote it.

Next post - golden's history at the syndicate (and thus all TH knows of me).
My actual first name rhymes with your username and also happens to be a popular car maker in New Zealand (and Australia). :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:You claim I have "very little posts." I'm assuming you mean that I have "very few posts" and not very tiny posts.
I would have assumed he was insulting your masculinity. :noble:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for that, Rox! Sorry, I must have missed that.

I don't feel like bandwagoning people with practically 0% accuracy anymore, though I'd hesitate to say that's the only hallmark of my style. It derails games, it makes me look bad and get lynched, and gets whomever I'm bandwagoning get lynched. Cars Mafia is the best example. What a terrible civilian game of mine that was. I prefer to use lists to express my thoughts transparently as to how I'm feeling.

That said, when I suspect someone heavily, as usual, you'll know.

++++++++++++

Bass, I understand, but would that not influence your viewpoint of me regardless of whether I was playing differently? I'm afraid I just don't understand the connection you're making between 'MP acting differently' and 'I should keep my eye on him more than normal'.

++++++++++++

Golden, thanks for elaborating. It makes me feel a bit better about you, but not enough, since you're back up in my "not sure" category at the moment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Has anyone considered that G-Man is pulling a gambit, isn't actually cursed, and is skating by on Day 1?

Why did a couple of players automatically dismiss any future suspicion of him assuming he's cursed?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry for multiple posts. Golden, I'm unclear. Do you suspect TH or not? How do you feel about him?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for multiple posts. Golden, I'm unclear. Do you suspect TH or not? How do you feel about him?
I'm not sure yet. I'm waiting to see what else he has to say about his vote.

I don't overly like that he thinks he can identify what is 'ungolden' after only two games with me.

On the other hand, I can't disagree that my game so far does not look like people's perceptions of me (perceptions, not reality). I know I'm remembered far more for the times I come out swinging than the times I don't, and it becomes a reputation. This is by no means the first time that people have suspected me incorrectly for not coming out swinging on day one, and I doubt it will be the last. I've learned not to find people suspecting me as inherently suspicious, as it can be my blind spot.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks for that, Rox! Sorry, I must have missed that.

I don't feel like bandwagoning people with practically 0% accuracy anymore, though I'd hesitate to say that's the only hallmark of my style. It derails games, it makes me look bad and get lynched, and gets whomever I'm bandwagoning get lynched. Cars Mafia is the best example. What a terrible civilian game of mine that was. I prefer to use lists to express my thoughts transparently as to how I'm feeling.

That said, when I suspect someone heavily, as usual, you'll know.

++++++++++++

Bass, I understand, but would that not influence your viewpoint of me regardless of whether I was playing differently? I'm afraid I just don't understand the connection you're making between 'MP acting differently' and 'I should keep my eye on him more than normal'.

++++++++++++

Golden, thanks for elaborating. It makes me feel a bit better about you, but not enough, since you're back up in my "not sure" category at the moment.
Because you are being really nice to the new players and its so different then the way you acted in other games towards new players so yeah I want to get my eye on you because this is not normal for you.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Has anyone considered that G-Man is pulling a gambit, isn't actually cursed, and is skating by on Day 1?

Why did a couple of players automatically dismiss any future suspicion of him assuming he's cursed?
:shrug2: Nothing to find him suspicious of today and don't like to vote cursed players. He doesn't get a free pass the whole game though.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for multiple posts. Golden, I'm unclear. Do you suspect TH or not? How do you feel about him?

I don't overly like that he thinks he can identify what is 'ungolden' after only two games with me.

On the other hand, I can't disagree that my game so far does not look like people's perceptions of me (perceptions, not reality). I know I'm remembered far more for the times I come out swinging than the times I don't, and it becomes a reputation. This is by no means the first time that people have suspected me incorrectly for not coming out swinging on day one, and I doubt it will be the last. I've learned not to find people suspecting me as inherently suspicious, as it can be my blind spot.
Fair enough, thanks!

Bass_the_Clever wrote: Because you are being really nice to the new players and its so different then the way you acted in other games towards new players so yeah I want to get my eye on you because this is not normal for you.
How is it really that different? Am I really that hostile to new players in particular?

How am I being so much nicer to them than anyone else? Or am I not?

So because something is not 'normal' it inevitably impacts my alignment?

What if I posted a lot less, but still contributed content, due to my RL situation?

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Has anyone considered that G-Man is pulling a gambit, isn't actually cursed, and is skating by on Day 1?

:shrug2: Nothing to find him suspicious of today and don't like to vote cursed players. He doesn't get a free pass the whole game though.
I don't disagree. I just was throwing it out there. I don't have any reason to suspect G-Man; I just find it interesting that people will blatantly consider a vote for someone putting themselves out there (like DDL, Jay, or myself, for example), but will not consider one for G-Man, even though we have absolutely no explanation for his behavior and he could very well be faking it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass, I feel like you're just hopping onto a train saying I'm different in order to appear as though you're contributing, yet you're really not saying anything notable. Why is my behavior worth keeping on eye on more than anyone else?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Fair enough, thanks!

Bass_the_Clever wrote: Because you are being really nice to the new players and its so different then the way you acted in other games towards new players so yeah I want to get my eye on you because this is not normal for you.
How is it really that different? Am I really that hostile to new players in particular?

How am I being so much nicer to them than anyone else? Or am I not?

So because something is not 'normal' it inevitably impacts my alignment?

What if I posted a lot less, but still contributed content, due to my RL situation?

fingersplints wrote:

I don't disagree. I just was throwing it out there. I don't have any reason to suspect G-Man; I just find it interesting that people will blatantly consider a vote for someone putting themselves out there (like DDL, Jay, or myself, for example), but will not consider one for G-Man, even though we have absolutely no explanation for his behavior and he could very well be faking it.
The one game that stands out in my mind was Dr.Who where you went after Zeek super hard and that was his first game on the syndicate.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote: The one game that stands out in my mind was Dr.Who where you went after Zeek super hard and that was his first game on the syndicate.
LOL, yes, fair enough. But consider the following:

What if I genuinely don't suspect any of the new players?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's as if, you expect me to gun hard after a new player because I did so in a previous game or two, and that if I don't, then I'm worth keeping an eye on particularly more so than other players?

Since in Dr. Who I was civilian and Roger Rabbit (the other example brought up earlier by splints) I was mafia, I'm not sure I understand.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote: The one game that stands out in my mind was Dr.Who where you went after Zeek super hard and that was his first game on the syndicate.

Then it's fine I was just pointing out I agreed with splints that you were playing different then I have seen in the past. If I started to play different like if I started to posting a lot and I started pulling quotes would you not think something was up? Would you not want to watch me more closely?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Then it's fine I was just pointing out I agreed with splints that you were playing different then I have seen in the past. If I started to play different like if I started to posting a lot and I started pulling quotes would you not think something was up? Would you not want to watch me more closely?
I'd definitely think your behavior is different, but recognize that there could be many factors playing into your change of pace, including an influx of RL availability, or perhaps a desire to switch up your game for various possible reasons, etc.

Do you think I'm bad?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'd definitely think your behavior is different, but recognize that there could be many factors playing into your change of pace, including an influx of RL availability, or perhaps a desire to switch up your game for various possible reasons, etc.

Do you think I'm bad?
I'm not sure how I feel about you or anyone yet its only early day one.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Do you think I'm bad?
I'm not sure how I feel about you or anyone yet its only early day one.
You have literally no opinions on anyone despite all of the discussion thus far?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”