71%

Total votes: 14
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:Why are people narrowing their votes to just me, bass or MP?

There is still the opportunity to take out someone else if you think they are bad.
if this in reference to my post, that is in no way how i wished to be interpreted. I was just comparing the case of Bass to the other vote-recipients, who I see as the current leaders in the tally. Everyone is still a suspect, hence hanging on to my vote, I was more just making a topical remark about the state of the thread.
Fair enough, and in any event that time is now long past.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I voted for Golden.

He keeps mentioning Keeler, but doesn't elaborate on it. He keeps wanting to vote me but won't say why others should.
Golden wrote:Keeler mafia. TH and I were indy teammates. Day 0 poll again, this time you got items you voted for. I noted Bullzeye had opted for key and epignosis for safe. I also found epi's thread content deliberately obtuse. I called them both out as bad on day one. Both were bad. I also called out Dom for getting emotional. I was wrong about Dom (his play style had changed significantly in three years to what I remembered).
Golden wrote:Epignosis. He reminds me of Keeler Epi, and that's the only person I can fit plum into a previous experience of them being bad.

It's somewhat contradictory, but I am also still somewhat suspicious of MP. I definitely think that conflict could be civ/bad one way or the other.
Golden wrote:I actually think he could be bad, but I'm not going to vote for him after that. I think I'll likely vote for you, your attitude reminds me a lot of the way you took to Blindfaeth in keeler.
How is what I'm doing here similar to how I interacted with BF? Golden never says.

And those two alternate bandwagons forming when they did looked fishy.
What two alternate bandwagons? You mean me and Bass?
Correct.

Would you have rather I voted for you? You seem upset.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Guess I'm voting Bass in self defence.

If I die, take out Epi tomorrow guys. He is bad.
Why Bass and not MovingPictures?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:I have seen people lie about RL. I have seen Epi catch them in lies about RL and be bad. Heck, I have caught people in lies about RL who were bad. Umm......I can't think of her name atm. Your friends from school, accountant, she lied to me about her kid being sick and she had to take care of him so she could go an converse with her baddie team on how to handle talking with me. Players do it....you could be to. You may not be. I said Epi COULD, MAY, MIGHT BE on to something.

linki with MP - what about my most recent post (not counting this one) makes me go from green ALLLLL the way to red on your list? What did I say? Was it the fact that I said I have experience baddie lies about RL before? Was it that I said your emotional response made me wonder? Was it that I said I will give you the benefit of the doubt to cool down so I can hear from a rational MP tomorrow? What was it? Tell me, please.

Hey I can vouch for Epi being at work til 8pm. We are having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner b/c of it :p

LINKI LINKI LINKI
You're thinking of Zomba.

I'm not saying that players never do it.

I don't do it. I never do. Sorry, I think it breaks the integrity of the game. I may even make insane emotional appeals, but I will never lie about RL circumstances.

Even if you don't believe that, why would you think that I'm lying about my RL and that no one else is? Because Epi said so? You don't know what I'm doing all of the time, and my explanation is genuine. I multitask all the time.

I am rational. Have you caught up?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:If I die, take out Epi tomorrow guys.
To dinner? :grin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, also, Elo, I will expand much more when I update my list, but you're far from a strong read. If anything, I'm only leaning slightly mafia on you at the moment. I just think the fact that you said you suddenly felt way more suspicious of me yet voted Golden was a huge contradiction, and it seems fabricated.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Correct.

I am still recovering from being the most upset I've ever been at you in any mafia game, ever, so that could be what you're picking up on. :P That said, I'm not particularly upset at the moment, no.

I'm honestly just surprised you didn't vote for me and I'm not sure what to make of it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

please excuse all my typos while i try to conquer phone posts
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

fingersplints wrote:Wasn't golden warning about drive by voting earlier? :P
Yeah. And people wonder why I was making a deliberate effort to keep things closer to my chest.

I'm very disappointed that Russti changed the rules on us so that dead civilians would die, but on the other hand it means I don't have to try hard at all, I can die today, and still win. Honestly, I tihnk this is a cop out. I could have even self-voted then and still all I need is for the civilians to win. I think thats a cop out.

@sloonei - Bass had more votes.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

But I didn;t say I was WAY more suspicious of you. I said Epi COULD be on to something.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:please excuse all my typos while i try to conquer phone posts
I empathize with your pain, phone mafia is terrible. I try to avoid it at all costs, but sometimes I just can't.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean so that dead civilians would win, not so that they would die. Otherwise the mafia would be at a serious disadvantage.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

that's why I didn't vote you yet. nwo I must get on this grilled cheese :P Suggestions for a netflix movie to watch with the kids after dinner?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Correct.

I am still recovering from being the most upset I've ever been at you in any mafia game, ever, so that could be what you're picking up on. :P That said, I'm not particularly upset at the moment, no.

I'm honestly just surprised you didn't vote for me and I'm not sure what to make of it.
A bunch of new people in this who know nothing about me, and you think I'm going to pass up an opportunity to play with some heads?

:dark:

:slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:But I didn;t say I was WAY more suspicious of you. I said Epi COULD be on to something.
Did I misunderstand your post?

Elohcin wrote:
Shoot dawg! I don't remember calling you a liar MP. I just said Epi may be on to something. I said I have SEEN people lie about RL before and ask me to do the same.

If anything really gives me a suspicion of you its the way you reacted to my post.
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Third, and most importantly, Roger Rabbit I relied heavily on RL as a last resort defense against an onslaught of accusations, never prompted. Here, I responded to something you said, and you inquired why it took me 20 minutes to respond. I therefore asked your question, which inevitably relied on RL, to provide context. I'm not relying on RL aggressively as a defense. These are two completely different circumstances that I can't believe you don't recognize. Either you recognize it and you're trying to get me riled up or you don't recognize it and you're trying to get an easy lynch out of me, which every regular on this site knows could happen.
This is exactly how I read epi's line of questioning. I know MP has used emotional blackmail against people in the recent past.

And, it's not getting any better this morning.

I feel I need to hold my vote for now, but Epi is certainly my preferred vote.
There was ONE time I made this big dramatic, emotional scene when people started eyeing me. It was SOOOO fun! I was laughing with my team BTS and it worked! I didn't get lynched. I don't remember if that was a game I won, but I think it was.

Anyway....all this to say that MP's emotional crazies don't help him look better. But I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for today so he can calm down and I can be a better judge of his alignment tomorrow. I will vote Golden today. I feel kind of bad doing so b/c I voted him early in the last game I played with him and he was my "mafia" husband I needed to find and gain BTSC with. And I think he would have been a very cool BTSC partner. I hate it b/c if I knew I had until the end of night to submit a name, I would have picked him as he was suspicious of me, but instead I picked another and got played the whole game. Oh how different that game could have been Golden if only I knew I had to the end of the night period. I blame Epi for not being clear :fist: :p
I interpreted these to mean that your suspicion of me increased from what it was previously. Is that incorrect?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Yeah. And people wonder why I was making a deliberate effort to keep things closer to my chest.

I'm very disappointed that Russti changed the rules on us so that dead civilians would die, but on the other hand it means I don't have to try hard at all, I can die today, and still win. Honestly, I tihnk this is a cop out. I could have even self-voted then and still all I need is for the civilians to win. I think thats a cop out.

I don't quite know how to feel about this vote. I'd prefer something with at least a little bit of conviction, but I also understand self-protection.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Correct.

A bunch of new people in this who know nothing about me, and you think I'm going to pass up an opportunity to play with some heads?

You SOB, I was seriously pissed off.

Why did you have to do that?

I'm way too gullible.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Seriously, though, I forgive you all if you lynch Epi tomorrow.

And I think the Epi/Eloh thing stinks. Both could be bad, tbqh. I haven't liked Eloh in this game since her first post where she felt the need to have an opinion on everyone, while going after MP for 'sucking up'. Felt like she was trying to fit in and paint a target.

And marmot - it's all your fault!

And TH - I'm on-meta.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Correct.

You SOB, I was seriously pissed off.

Why did you have to do that?

I'm way too gullible.
Now I'm pretty sure you're both mafia and just fucking with everyone. :haha:

But seriously. :stare:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm beginning to more seriously consider Epi's actions meaning he is bad, but he plays every game as a baddie, so I don't really know what to think.

Regarding my current vote, I'm honestly unsure what to do. Golden seems sort of genuine, and I'm more tempted to vote for Bass, but despite all of the votes on Golden suddenly, I still feel like Bass is the "easier" lynch.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

I don't quite know how to feel about this vote. I'd prefer something with at least a little bit of conviction, but I also understand self-protection.
I know I'm civilian. I don't know Bass is. The vote for me is my best option, in terms of odds of helping the town to win.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MP, I don't know how anyone could be an easier lynch than me, except you. That's ridiculous. I'm perpetually an easy day one lynch.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Seriously, though, I forgive you all if you lynch Epi tomorrow.

And I think the Epi/Eloh thing stinks. Both could be bad, tbqh. I haven't liked Eloh in this game since her first post where she felt the need to have an opinion on everyone, while going after MP for 'sucking up'. Felt like she was trying to fit in and paint a target.

And TH - I'm on-meta.
If you're bad, then posts like these are genius, because this reads totally genuine civilian Golden to me from a vibes-based standpoint. I just can't stand it.

I'll probably vote Bass, but I am so unsure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:MP, I don't know how anyone could be an easier lynch than me, except you. That's ridiculous. I'm perpetually an easy day one lynch.
I know, I agree with you, it doesn't really make sense at all. I guess I am just feeling very uneasy about how a bandwagon rolled around on Bass as well, and my thoughts that this could be a three-way civilian fest are increasing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm telling you guys, LYNCH EPI TOMORROW

You will not regret this, I assure you.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

And TH - I'm on-meta.
If you're bad, then posts like these are genius, because this reads totally genuine civilian Golden to me from a vibes-based standpoint. I just can't stand it.

You are an emotional player, and his desperation posts are an emotional appeal.

I feel similarly when I read them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Now I'm pretty sure you're both mafia and just fucking with everyone. :haha:

But seriously. :stare:
:feb:

Seriously, I recognize this isn't outside of the realms of a gambit I'd pull, but I think my actions speak loudly.

I really don't ever feel like faking an emotional gambit of Roger Rabbit-level any time in the near future. I really only pulled out that stop out of complete desperation since the civilians were DESTROYING us and I know I needed to keep myself alive if we had any chance of winning. I saw the perfect opportunity in Golden's curse lynch.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

And TH - I'm on-meta.

That's because I'm civilian, as those who know my play style well have said.

The entire bandwagon against me is people who don't know me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I'm telling you guys, LYNCH EPI TOMORROW

You will not regret this, I assure you.
I'll ISO him later before I develop my Rainbow List, I promise, especially if you die and flip civilian.

Alright, I'm voting Bass. I feel more strongly about him, gotta be honest with myself.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I took everything between Epignosis and MovingPictures to be Epi trying shake things up for the sake of seeing it/getting reactions. MP is and has been a very prominent figure in the game who everyone seems to have an opinion of. By putting even more focus on him, it sort of forced a number of reactions out of everyone. It always seemed to me like two townies going at it with Day 1 suspicions. I would not want to lynch either of them today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

And TH - I'm on-meta.

You are an emotional player, and his desperation posts are an emotional appeal.

I feel similarly when I read them.
You know, you're right. I have an internal struggle in that I like to believe I'm an incredibly logical person and that it translates over into my mafia game, but I can't ignore the fact that I operate the game under a heavily emotionally-influenced basis, both in the way that I play and in the way I perceive others' play.

I just feel like the proper approach to the game is a more logically-based one, and I feel that way about life in general, sometimes failing to recognize that obviously emotions are an extension of logic, so I always feel ashamed when I emotionally implode.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:I took everything between Epignosis and MovingPictures to be Epi trying shake things up for the sake of seeing it/getting reactions. MP is and has been a very prominent figure in the game who everyone seems to have an opinion of. By putting even more focus on him, it sort of forced a number of reactions out of everyone. It always seemed to me like two townies going at it with Day 1 suspicions. I would not want to lynch either of them today.
You know, I've seen him do this shit time and time again, but I've also seen him approach it as if he was dead serious, and I honestly thought he was dead serious, which is what was infuriating me, because I knew he knew better than to make such a ridiculous weak case. I should have known better that he wasn't being entirely genuine.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And I've been getting vaguely townish vibes from Golden since he became a suspect of a few people, but it's admittedly not something I can substantiate yet, and I am obviously not familiar with his playstyle.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

A little under 30 minutes to poll end! If you haven't voted, now's the time....you wouldn't want to miss the Day 1 lynch poll. :feb:

Important announcements will accompany the posts evening - keep an eye out for them, please.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, Sloonei, what makes you think it isn't Epi just being a ballsy mafia?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:A little under 30 minutes to poll end! If you haven't voted, now's the time....you wouldn't want to miss the Day 1 lynch poll. :feb:
I see you've taken a page from the MP hosting book. Very nice. :feb:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

You people post way too much. I leave to take a shwoer and when I'm back there are 2 new pages. ffs.

Also, can I ask a question? Who is splints?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:You people post way too much. I leave to take a shwoer and when I'm back there are 2 new pages. ffs.

Splints = fingersplints

I much prefer that abbreviated version of her name to "fingers". Lol. That just sounds weird.

And yes, we post way too much, at the detriment of my RL. XD
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:You people post way too much. I leave to take a shwoer and when I'm back there are 2 new pages. ffs.

fingersplints.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

fingersplints.
Ninja'd. :keys:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, Sloonei, what makes you think it isn't Epi just being a ballsy mafia?
Gut feeling that what he was doing was a concerted effort to gather and produce as much information about players as he could. This could prove to be false later on, as I will continue to pay attention to him as a candidate, but in this particular instance I'm siding with Town Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, Sloonei, what makes you think it isn't Epi just being a ballsy mafia?
Gut feeling that what he was doing was a concerted effort to gather and produce as much information about players as he could. This could prove to be false later on, as I will continue to pay attention to him as a candidate, but in this particular instance I'm siding with Town Epi.
That's fair enough, thanks!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Splints = fingersplints

I much prefer that abbreviated version of her name to "fingers". Lol. That just sounds weird.

And yes, we post way too much, at the detriment of my RL. XD
You don't have a real life! Spacedaisy doesn't exist: she is your 12th multi-account.

Linki: :fist:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Well I voted golden because I dont want to be lynched day one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, seems Golden will probably be lynched. Guess we'll see what happens.

Let it be known that civilian Golden has INSANE instincts at catching mafia, so I'm inclined to heavily consider his suspicion of Epi and re-evaluate my thoughts on him when conducting an ISO. I may not change my mind, but I do think this should be noted.

Golden, any other last words, assuming you do get lynched?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass casts a self-preservatory vote against Golden.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I voted golden because I dont want to be lynched day one.
:)
i probably should have let you make the announcement yourself, i apologize
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I voted golden because I dont want to be lynched day one.
:suspish:

Fair enough, but I expect thoughts on other players. Please elaborate even the slightest of thoughts.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

While you're here Bass.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Bass_the_Clever, what are your thoughts or reads on the six new players in this game? I have not seen you mention any of them yet. The same question stands for Black Rock and fingersplints.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”