The evil space monkeys! (Hosts/Dead)
71%

Total votes: 14
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Golden »

And really, that's it. I'm being naughty!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

This will be the only time until after the game has ended that I will actually use words because this is going to take quite a few of them. After Last Man Standing 3, I thought I would take a break. For those of you who do not know, prior to Last Man Standing 3, I had not played a mafia game since 2011 or 2012. The years blur together. I think the last game I played before LMS3 was either Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or The Big Lebowski on The Piano (may it rest in peace).

So anyway, my whole point of joining The Syndicate is to run a game of mine called Endgame: Secret Mafia III. I was excited to find a new forum with many familiar names from my days at The Piano. Realizing just how long I had been away from the game, I decided to do more than just put my game on the hosting poll (not this one but the next one- my wife is due in October and I'm not even about to make my life potentially any busier at that time). To properly reassess the structure of my game, and to reacquaint myself with the insanity that comes with a good mafia-playing crowd, I decided to follow the Roger Rabbit speed game.

Boy that was fun to follow! It seemed like I was transported back to old, familiar, and loveable times. Yes, I felt I had come to the right place and my game now had to happen. Then I decided to put myself back into practice by joining a speed game. LMS3 was perfect because it was so unlike normal mafia. It offered me the chance to get my feet wet with the rigors of posting and interacting with different personalities but without all the crazy that comes with hunting or being hunted. It was great.

I didn't intend to play the next game but then this one got bounced up the hosting queue. As an accountant, the geek in me screamed like a giddy little girl. I signed up, expecting this game to be like LSM3 and like the speed games from The Piano- light on commitment and heavy on fun. What I got was the opposite.
I never encountered a Day 0 at The Piano (or at least I never noticed one), so I more or less blew it off. Catching up on almost three full pages wasn't so bad and I figured it was just pre-game excitement. The next time I pop into the game to catch up on Day 1 I'm greeted by four new pages of content to read. "Eff me- are you serious!?" I thought to myself. That's 160 posts. My heart, brain, and gut (being years removed from serious game play, mind you) all agreed on the same decision: "Pfft! Nah." I skimmed page 7 and saw Epi harping on adverbs, which lead me to do a Google Image search for 'adverbs are the devil' hoping some English teacher somewhere made a meme of The Waterboy's mom. The image results were disappointing but I at least found one funny enough to post:
G-Man wrote:Image
I thought I might be able to skate by on that and maybe a witty comment or two before calling it a night but then JJJ threw this at me:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:~insert adverb devil image thing here~
what are your thoughts on... anything?
This prompted the only moment of panic I have felt all game. If I lied and said I was catching up on the thread, I would be expected to contribute my findings. My heart, brain, and gut all shouted "oh, hell no!" to that, so I took advantage of JJJ's open-ended question and threw out some Jack handy videos. Then MP, on the basis of two stinking posts, throws this at me:
MovingPictures07 wrote:G-Man, are you cursed?
Heart and Gut say "hot damn, now there's an idea!" but Brain says "yeah but who the hell gets cursed on Day 1?" So I decide to be ambiguous about it:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:G-Man, are you cursed?
I make a few more no-word posts and call it a night, thinking I can somehow actually get caught up on the game the next day at lunch.
So what does lunch bring me but another 3 pages to catch up on. "This is not the speed mafia of old," I say to myself. "These guys are treating speed mafia as seriously as a full game. That's not for me." It was at this point that out of sheer laziness and a little bit of goofiness that I decide to only use pictures, videos, and smileys to communicate. I figured that I would keep expectations on me pretty low for a little while. I made a few posts but made sure never to acknowledge a curse. Right around here:
is where I went off the deep end. I figured I'd turn my participation in this game into a weird hybrid: part sociology experiment and part performance art. I was going to push people to their limits. I would give the appearance of trying to participate and see if the rest of you would tolerate something different. I'll save my criticisms of your openness to new ideas and methods for after the game.
At first I went after JJJ with the evil teddy bear image because, on the surface, he seemed pretty intense and accusatory. He was also posting a buttload of content and was one of the chief reasons I wasn't about to try and catch up.

The next day I upped the ante yet again. If I was going to communicate, I had to have a glossary. I came up with pictures for every player and began building up a list of words that would help me get varying points across to the thread. I now have a working picture glossary spreadsheet of almost 100 picture words. It's awesome! Posting in pictures really, truly does suck but I was determined to suffer for my art to the end. (Well, I suffered for my art until I discovered just how darn easy and funny meme generation can be.)

My Day 1 vote was utter shit. It was a 100% uninformed vote. I knew from see other people's posts that Epi usually gets taken out early and he certainly seems like a pretty rash (but probably loveable) guy. From what little I actually did skim, I thought MP was being a mini-JJJ but a little less objective. In the end I voted for Golden only because I had no read on Golden out of the three of them.

During the Night 1, I actually tried to skim through the first 24 pages of the game thread. My eyes glazed over somewhere around page 15 I think, but it was somewhat informative. I latched onto JJJ's mostly objective posts and based much of my first Player Read posts on his sus list but with a few modifications- remember, I skimmed the thread instead of actually reading it so I missed a lot of stuff that others probably caught while paying more attention. From Day 2 onward though, I actually did try to read as much as I could.

My Day 2 vote for Elo was legit- from my skimming, it sounded like MP was trying way too hard and was getting to emotional in the thread so it sounded to me like they were manufacturing distance from each other. When Elo flipped Serial Killer, I was stuck on the fence with MP. He and Epi may have been manufacturing distance from each other but it made no sense for Elo to get in the middle of it. Very weird.

I loved making this post:
because When Harry Met Sally is a terrific film and it was true- I'm not faking a curse. I made a conscious decision to post in an unorthodox manner. Plus, any time you can incorporate a fake orgasm scene into a mafia game is just awesome. :slick:
Since actually starting to try on Day 2, my reads have mostly been tone reads but still partially based on the rainbow lists some of you have been making. You know- being blendy and all that. I actually have been very busy at work and it's been insane trying to participate in this game during work hours. On top of it, my wife doesn't even know I'm playing this game, so it's been difficult to play at home too. I just tell her I'm working on stuff for our development's Home Owners Association (I'm one of the board members- yay adult responsibilities!).

Black Rock's tone and the fact that she missed a second vote was a legit concern to me. I figured a Piano veteran like her might still do what we did at The Piano- the baddies would either dial their games in or intentionally miss votes. I hadn't noticed the posts about her being sick until after I voted for her. :blush: So TH's meta-read totally did it for me. She was already on my list but now I was sold on BR being baddie.

My first self-created meme post was probably my undoing. It was taking so much time just to copy picture addresses from my spreadsheet, format them, and preview it to make sure the post came out right. DDL wanted a more specific response so I went with a meme:
G-Man wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:G-Man, could you attempt to explain why you suspect me?
While it's meant participating more and crafting more detailed responses, it's been liberating in a way. Almost like reaching the second level of this crazy thing I am doing. And I love how there always seems to be a meme picture on tap that fits the tone I want to convey with my words. Love. It!
This was a legitimate thought. Then DDL came in and poo-pooed it all Ivory Tower like so I went back and looked up what he thought about it because I saw a lot of chatter about Adam Smith. For the record, I totally missed this post by DDL:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And now that I notice the write-up is called "Invisible Hands". I doubt hosts would give away roles like this, but it's a big coincidence lol.
Had I seen it I wouldn't have gone on my snide and snarky streak on DDL but it was still fun and constructive for me to put a little pressure on him. I couldn't let well enough alone though and tossed another comment his way this morning. I do think he is bad but that suspicion is based entirely on tone and how he talks to people.

Then MP comes flying out of nowhere firing on all cylinders, wailing on me about faking this whole picture thing. My only question is this: what the hell took yo so long? I was pleasantly surprised at how long I was able to coast in this game. MP, I really did re-read over lunch and my last batch of player reads are legit. Maybe I never played a game with you back in the day where you went off like you've been doing this game, but damn. I should have been the bigger man and ignored him but I can't help but goad a little with all these cutting memes at my disposal.

All of my reads have been individual reads. I'm just not skilled enough at people reading to read people in terms of relationships. I'm a little too linear that way. I wasn't good at it when I first started playing mafia but I never bothered to hone that skill. When you've got it, flaunt it. When you don't have it, why bother?

So where am I right now? I think I would vote for Roxy if I had to vote right now. Some of the interactions that were pointed out and some of the meta looks pretty sound to me. But, then again, what do I know? I'm terrible at reading people.
So that pretty much sums it up. Instead of watching the Rangers-Lightning game on TV, I've been here for two hours working on this post. Glad I won't have to do that tomorrow because I'm much more pumped for the Blackhawks-Ducks game than I was for tonight's hockey game. This has been a fun little experiment and, if I don't get lynched today, I will continue to post in pictures for the remainder of the game.

I am a civvie. Not a particularly good one but a civvie nonetheless. I have been playing more for myself than for the civvie cause in general, which is probably poor form. Then again, I never knew speed mafia to be this darn important and serious. Definitely some culture shock on my part.

As a closing bit of fun, here is a song that I considered singing for my required video but I was told that rap was not acceptable and wasn't sure if the first part would get me in trouble. It's sort of my theme song, you know. :nicenod:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man, I appreciate the elaboration. In fact, a brilliant self-infliction. I hope you haven't taken any offense to my pursuit of it, I am merely playing this game to its fullest. And, to say the least, this game is way more intense than any other Speed Game that has occurred at this site. It is currently in 2nd, just behind Roger Rabbit, in terms of overall posts.

All of that said, while I think there are elements of truth in what you've said, I still firmly believe you're mafia, and I still think your inability to be honest with us the entire game, as well as the action you made to bus BR and now Roxy, out of nowhere, in addition to Rox's defense of your curse (saying as if she KNEW what was going on) all bode terribly for your alignment.

Incredibly worthwhile effort, but you're still bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, that's just my opinion. Others can come to their conclusions, which I will be curious to hear.

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon-ish to catch up and vote, almost certainly for Roxy.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

That's a nice story G-Mang. Never has such bullshit been so elegantly spun. XD
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-man you're my hero
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

G-Man wrote:My Day 1 vote was utter shit. It was a 100% uninformed vote. I knew from see other people's posts that Epi usually gets taken out early and he certainly seems like a pretty rash (but probably loveable) guy. From what little I actually did skim, I thought MP was being a mini-JJJ but a little less objective. In the end I voted for Golden only because I had no read on Golden out of the three of them.
Now that's an interesting summary of Day 1, G-Man. You're saying your vote was between Epi, MP and Golden, and you voted Golden for sheer fact you had no read on him. What this fails to consider is the fact that, at the time you voted, Bass had 4 votes:
thellama73 wrote:Who doesn't believe in the free market?

Poll ended at Thu May 21, 2015 6:04:04 pm

Bass_the_Clever
JaggedJimmyJay (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), Sloonei (14), Golden (15), MovingPictures07 (17)
28%
Epignosis
No votes
Golden
Turnip Head (4), Metalmarsh89 (5), Dragon D. Luffy (10), Epignosis (11), Elohcin (12), G-Man (16), Bass_the_Clever (18)
39%
MovingPictures07
sanmateo (8), fingersplints (9)
11%
Bass had 4 votes while Golden had 5. And you voted for Golden because you had no read on him. And yet, Bass' name is nowhere in your hindsight analysis of Day 1. Interesting indeed :ponder:

G-Man wrote:My Day 2 vote for Elo was legit- from my skimming, it sounded like MP was trying way too hard and was getting to emotional in the thread so it sounded to me like they were manufacturing distance from each other. When Elo flipped Serial Killer, I was stuck on the fence with MP. He and Epi may have been manufacturing distance from each other but it made no sense for Elo to get in the middle of it. Very weird.
Duly noted that G-Man says his suspicion of Elo was legit.
G-Man wrote:Black Rock's tone and the fact that she missed a second vote was a legit concern to me. I figured a Piano veteran like her might still do what we did at The Piano- the baddies would either dial their games in or intentionally miss votes. I hadn't noticed the posts about her being sick until after I voted for her. :blush: So TH's meta-read totally did it for me. She was already on my list but now I was sold on BR being baddie.
Got it. You thought independent of anyone else's thoughts that BR could be playing an old-school baddie style game (I won't mention that you never tried to bring this up- oops) and then my case on BR is what clinched it for you. Duly noted.
G-Man wrote:It was taking so much time just to copy picture addresses from my spreadsheet, format them, and preview it to make sure the post came out right.
Sounds like it would have been a lot easier to just give it up. I thought the whole point of this was to save you time and not take the game so seriously. Or did you just not want to take the suspicions part of the game seriously?
G-Man wrote:While it's meant participating more and crafting more detailed responses, it's been liberating in a way.
Except really, it let you give the appearance of doing exactly the opposite. The intended perception of your behavior by others (wanting to "skate by" in your own words), when considering how supposedly exhausting it has been for you to maintain this charade, simply does not add up to me if you're a civvie.
G-Man wrote:I am a civvie. Not a particularly good one but a civvie nonetheless.
But see G-Man, if you're a civvie, you have one of the cleanest voting records of any player (barring Day 1, where so far no one has a clean voting record). Your suspicions of Elo and BR were both legit and you thought of them before other players. You have been a great civvie! And that's despite your self imposed handicap that ended up being harder for you to keep up with than it would have been to simply drop it! Why are you not celebrating that fact?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

G-Man's response did not shift my perspective on Roxy. MP had the same reaction I did - I completely understand why someone would be overwhelmed by the posting levels (I certainly was - it's unique for mafia in my experience and, well, it's frankly too much posting for me as well). But it's really not a description of why G-Man isn't good, it's a description of why G-Man is posting in pictures.

TH - are you thinking it could be Roxy, G-Man, Bass?

Voting Roxy now. If others go G-Man I understand why, but for me Roxy is still my best bet.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:TH - are you thinking it could be Roxy, G-Man, Bass?
Those are my current thoughts, yes.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i'm inclined to believe every word of what G-Man has said regarding why he has played the game the way he has. i honestly suspected as much when i posted this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Isolated hmmm thought from workjay

What id g-man isn't cursed and never even intended to fake it until someone first raised the question. Just posting a couple pictures to start Day 1 doesn't have to mean anything.
the problem obviously is that this doesn't mean he's town. and it's hard to take what he's done as anything other than suspicious at face value. there are obvious benefits this method present for a mafioso and he has enjoyed them the entire game until this phase.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I voted. I am sorry I posted what I did about MP I should have waited until after the game was over I guess but this game is not fun for me I am sorry Russti and llama I just can't do srsbns mafia right now. I REALLY needed the distraction badly in my life, I wanted fun and fluff but this game only served to increase my stress. It is no ones fault though that my life is shit. So I am sorry I played this game and ruined it for others.

I am pulling out of games now and taking my game out of consideration for the new hosting poll. I am not sure how long I will not play here it has never lasted more than a few months but I have a feeling it may last longer this time. I cannot help my rl from bleeding into this serious game. I can apologize and vote myself out. Which is what I have done.
;)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote:I voted. I am sorry I posted what I did about MP I should have waited until after the game was over I guess but this game is not fun for me I am sorry Russti and llama I just can't do srsbns mafia right now. I REALLY needed the distraction badly in my life, I wanted fun and fluff but this game only served to increase my stress. It is no ones fault though that my life is shit. So I am sorry I played this game and ruined it for others.

I am pulling out of games now and taking my game out of consideration for the new hosting poll. I am not sure how long I will not play here it has never lasted more than a few months but I have a feeling it may last longer this time. I cannot help my rl from bleeding into this serious game. I can apologize and vote myself out. Which is what I have done.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: msg me if you need to talk later :hugs:
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Ricochet »

:hugs: Rox
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

G-Man's story is amazing. I don't think he made it up, it's a pretty good explanation for why has has been posting pictures, and i certainly makes for a very memorable game. Also I think it gave me a very good idea for a game. Has anyone ever tried to host a game that only allowed pictures?

Like others said, though, it doesn't say anything about his alignment, and doesn't change the fact he has been in a very confortable position until now, which he isn't anymore. He was perceived as a player who was trying hard, now we know it's actually the opposite.

I still have him as likely mafia, but he isn't the main one anymore. I want to pay a closer attention to his votes and opinions though. iirc his votes have all been very safe until now.

As for Roxy, same thing, I trust her story, but it doesn't say anything about whether she's town or mafia. I'm not sure if I offended her at some point, but I apologize if I did. But anyway, if she isn't playing anymore, we need to know whether she'll be replaced. And if she doesn't, we need to lynch her.

So I'm inclined to vote Roxy, but I want to give it some time to see if she gets replaced. If not, I think I'm lynching Bass, aether or G-Man, not necessarily in this order.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Apparently she just voted for herself. Doesn't seem like someone who will ask to be replaced.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Another thing, yes, this game has been a lot more intense than it should've been. This is probably the most intense game I've ever played, and I've played games with up to 50 players.

I think I'm probably a little to blame for that. Thing is, it's easy to get excited when you're in new forum, specially one whose names suggests there're good mafia players around. You want to talk about all those new people and learn to read them, and you also want to showcase your abilities to them. Now if you count this game had like 6 newcomers, it's not hard to understand what happened. The beginning of the game was monopolized by a bunch of excited newcomers and by the guy who invited them all. Then it just snowballed with forum veterans trying to keep up.

I apologize if I helped make the game more intense than many were expecting. Then again, I also think this game has been fucking awesome. It got me really excited to play other games in this forum.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well, vote Roxy then.

RL or not, she still had a lot of behaviors in the game that could be seen as mafia, and if she isn't gonna stay around to try to improve that, then she has to be removed.

I wish you good luck in your RL, though. I hope this isn't the last game I play with you.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Vompatti »

Even if she won't be playing I'm not voting for a likely civ and I don't know why any other civ would either. :confused:

*votes G*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by acrosstheaether »

How long until EoD?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Vompatti wrote:Even if she won't be playing I'm not voting for a likely civ and I don't know why any other civ would either. :confused:

*votes G*
Why do you think she is a likely civ?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

aether, EoD is in 8.5 hours.

Rox, I know you've had a lot of shit in your life recently. I'm sorry for it. In this game, I'm not at all offended by you. :) Don't worry about it. I still think your actions have clearly been mafia, so I've voted for you.

Here are the scenarios I see, assuming Roxy and G-Man both flip bad and Epi is not the 4th teammate:
1. aether, BR, G-Man, Roxy
2. Bass, BR, G-Man, Roxy
3. BR, G-Man, Jay, Roxy

from most likely to least likely.

Turnip, can you explain why you think it's Bass?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Even if she won't be playing I'm not voting for a likely civ and I don't know why any other civ would either. :confused:

*votes G*
I'm ignoring Vomps's point of view in this case, since this is classic "chaos" Vomps. Nonetheless, I'm interested to see what he says in response to you.

For my measure, Roxy cannot possibly be a civilian; if she is, then I will be floored so much that I will become the floor. I strongly believe that if she was civilian that not only would she have played this game completely differently, but despite RL she would have either tried harder to be replaced and/or actually defended herself, even if barely.

The fact that she threw in the towel, even after coming in here again, failing to give a defense and failing to replace, just says it all to me. I cannot believe a civilian would do that, in addition to the mounting evidence against her.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Here are the scenarios I see, assuming Roxy and G-Man both flip bad and Epi is not the 4th teammate:
2. Bass, BR, G-Man, Roxy
3. BR, G-Man, Jay, Roxy

Just the Day 1 voting records. I haven't gone back to do a full analysis yet.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Voted Roxy.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

*votes G*
I'm ignoring Vomps's point of view in this case, since this is classic "chaos" Vomps. Nonetheless, I'm interested to see what he says in response to you.

For my measure, Roxy cannot possibly be a civilian; if she is, then I will be floored so much that I will become the floor. I strongly believe that if she was civilian that not only would she have played this game completely differently, but despite RL she would have either tried harder to be replaced and/or actually defended herself, even if barely.

The fact that she threw in the towel, even after coming in here again, failing to give a defense and failing to replace, just says it all to me. I cannot believe a civilian would do that, in addition to the mounting evidence against her.
I just think it's weird that suddenly so many are suspicious of her, many of them obvious baddies like Dragon here.

Also, why would a civilian care about being replaced any more than a baddie would?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Another thing, yes, this game has been a lot more intense than it should've been. This is probably the most intense game I've ever played, and I've played games with up to 50 players.

I think I'm probably a little to blame for that. Thing is, it's easy to get excited when you're in new forum, specially one whose names suggests there're good mafia players around. You want to talk about all those new people and learn to read them, and you also want to showcase your abilities to them. Now if you count this game had like 6 newcomers, it's not hard to understand what happened. The beginning of the game was monopolized by a bunch of excited newcomers and by the guy who invited them all. Then it just snowballed with forum veterans trying to keep up.

I apologize if I helped make the game more intense than many were expecting. Then again, I also think this game has been fucking awesome. It got me really excited to play other games in this forum.
Also, yes, this game has been intense, and what you describe here is accurate. I apologize for what I've contributed to it from an emotional level, as I did earlier.

That said, I don't think anyone should feel that they are 'to blame' for playing a game to its fullest. Multiple people seemed to get aggravated with my or Jay's posting volume, and I know how it sucks to get behind in a game, but I say, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Civilians don't win as often as they should on this site and one of the reasons is that players get overextended or they sign up and don't give it their all or they play a 'selfish' civilian game, or any combination of those. I'm proud of the play this game from all players involved. I personally like to try to play my absolute hardest regardless of number of players, theme, or whatever, and I know practically everyone does, but we all have games from time to time where we don't feel we could play our hardest, for whatever reason, but usually due to lack of available time. I haven't had the intention to make this game any less fun for anyone here; if anything, the contrary.

Personally, this is the most fun 'Speed Game' I've ever played. Hands down. No offense to prior hosts, but getting to play with all of you new folks and seeing many of the players this game really bring out some excellent play here, it's been incredibly refreshing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Here are the scenarios I see, assuming Roxy and G-Man both flip bad and Epi is not the 4th teammate:
2. Bass, BR, G-Man, Roxy
3. BR, G-Man, Jay, Roxy

Just the Day 1 voting records. I haven't gone back to do a full analysis yet.
Noted. I haven't either. It's very possible it could be Bass, especially since he seemed willing to throw BR and Roxy under the bus without suspecting them prior.

To explain why I'm thinking Jay thirdmost, he said G-Man was his "top civilian read" before all of this went down.

I'll have to do more research myself, but if the 4th teammate isn't any of those three, I'll be incredibly shocked.

Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

*votes G*

I just think it's weird that suddenly so many are suspicious of her, many of them obvious baddies like Dragon here.

Also, why would a civilian care about being replaced any more than a baddie would?
Have you read the thread? I think it's clear why she's being suspected. She's responded to zero of the accusations.

Because they're letting down a team they can't even communicate with and they would be essentially kamikazing their own team. If Roxy is a baddie and feels caught red-handed, it's easier for her to give up, knowing that her team will continue to operate with BTSC after her death.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, it could depend, but I always find it easier to give up as a mafia than as a civilian, due to the weight of guilt.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Something to note: G-Man won the singing contest (for good reason, I suck at singing), so I'm not sure whether we'll be seeing something as crazy as a lynch stop level power, but it's something to keep in mind.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't Roxy's giving up says much about whether she's a civ or not. What says that is the content of her posts, the way she interacted with other players, and her votes. And those scream "bad", and have doing that for a while.

But Roxy's giving up tells us that we should lynch her now rather than lynching her later. Because while someone like G-Man can always redeem themselves, Roxy's baddie status is her final one. She isn't getting anywhere from there, and keeping her in the game will not provide us with any new information.

While she has never been my main suspect, she has been one of my suspects for a while. But contrary to other suspects, there's nothing we can gain by giving her more time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't Roxy's giving up says much about whether she's a civ or not. What says that is the content of her posts, the way she interacted with other players, and her votes. And those scream "bad", and have doing that for a while.

But Roxy's giving up tells us that we should lynch her now rather than lynching her later. Because while someone like G-Man can always redeem themselves, Roxy's baddie status is her final one. She isn't getting anywhere from there, and keeping her in the game will not provide us with any new information.

While she has never been my main suspect, she has been one of my suspects for a while. But contrary to other suspects, there's nothing we can gain by giving her more time.
I agree. I should say that my posts above in an attempt to analyze her giving up are only marginal evidence in addition to the much stronger thread evidence we discussed during D4 and earlier.

Also, I'm really glad to hear you plan on sticking around for some more games here, DDL. It's been a real pleasure having you and the RYMers here. Seriously. You all have rocked it. :noble:

Would be very intrigued to see how you folks fair in a larger game and with certain other players you didn't get to play with here. :feb:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

There's less mafia than civilians though and they don't even have BTSC in this game and no I have not read the thread.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:There's less mafia than civilians though and they don't even have BTSC in this game and no I have not read the thread.
:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Always a pleasure, chaos Vomps. :llama:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Vompatti wrote:There's less mafia than civilians though and they don't even have BTSC in this game and no I have not read the thread.
Who doesn't have BTSC? Mafia?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Who doesn't have BTSC? Mafia?
Do they? I see no mention of it.

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Where I come from we assume they always do unless stated otherwise.
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Something to note: G-Man won the singing contest (for good reason, I suck at singing), so I'm not sure whether we'll be seeing something as crazy as a lynch stop level power, but it's something to keep in mind.
i think it's possible

i'm not gonna vote roxy, she should be replaced. it's ludicrous so many people are voting her. look at acrosstheaether sneaking in a vote right there again, there goes my vote
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Something to note: G-Man won the singing contest (for good reason, I suck at singing), so I'm not sure whether we'll be seeing something as crazy as a lynch stop level power, but it's something to keep in mind.
i think it's possible

i'm not gonna vote roxy, she should be replaced. it's ludicrous so many people are voting her.
And then what? We lynch her replacement?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What replacement? She's only going to be replaced if she asks to. But what she did was vote for herself instead.

I agree that aether surviving through day 5 (and possibly longer) is a travesty, though.
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon

What does BTSC stand for?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

acrosstheaether wrote:What does BTSC stand for?
Behind The Scenes Talk. In other words, the ability to talk with other members of your faction outside the thread.
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon

Wouldn't that be BTST then? :p
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Voting from a bathroom stall. Roxy. I hope i didn't contribute to your bad experience and hope we can play again sometime, Roxy.

No time to say much else
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Behind the scenes contact
Gro-oo-ovy
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

acrosstheaether wrote:Wouldn't that be BTST then? :p
Sorry it's chat, not talk.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

fingersplints wrote:Behind the scenes contact
Yeah, this.

I'm about as new with this jargon as you are, aether. :fist:
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by sanmateo »

Turnip Head wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
i think it's possible

i'm not gonna vote roxy, she should be replaced. it's ludicrous so many people are voting her.
And then what? We lynch her replacement?
i understand you voting for her since you suspected her, but other people basically threw away cases they had built throughout most of the day (mp) or straight up said shit like
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: While she has never been my main suspect, she has been one of my suspects for a while. But contrary to other suspects, there's nothing we can gain by giving her more time.
it doesnt matter anyway since there's only 12 players left and 6 voted for her already
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:What replacement? She's only going to be replaced if she asks to. But what she did was vote for herself instead.

I agree that aether surviving through day 5 (and possibly longer) is a travesty, though.
I think what TH is saying that is unlikely anyone would want to sub in at this point. It's probably a bit unfair to ask someone to read this pretty lengthy thread when they are almost certain to be lynched ASAP.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

fingersplints wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:What replacement? She's only going to be replaced if she asks to. But what she did was vote for herself instead.

I think what TH is saying that is unlikely anyone would want to sub in at this point. It's probably a bit unfair to ask someone to read this pretty lengthy thread when they are almost certain to be lynched ASAP.
I guess this is true too. That's a pretty bad situation for anyone to inherit.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”