Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote::workit:

mafia = reqt

I hope you guys have saved a lot of guns and dollars cuz you gonna need it now. :haha:
I just noticed a big irony on what I just said: the Keynesian faction needs to save if they want to succeed.
Turnip Head wrote: Bass and G-Man have voted together in every lynch.
This is pretty interesting.

Bass and G-Man are my currently biggest suspects, along with aether.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

any thoughts on that Bass analysis i did? because i thought he emerged looking better. plenty of room to be wrong though.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:any thoughts on that Bass analysis i did? because i thought he emerged looking better. plenty of room to be wrong though.
Haven't read it yet, but I promise I'll read all your analysis before the night ends.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:any thoughts on that Bass analysis i did? because i thought he emerged looking better. plenty of room to be wrong though.
I'm working on some of my own analysis but I did read yours and am considering it. I came to the opposite conclusions on a few points but I'm looking at it from a more macro level. Looking at how Bass, BR, G-Man and others fit into the texture of all of Roxy's reads (I'd look at BR's too but I doubt there's anything there).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

For D5, I'm definitely leaning:

1. G-Man
2. aether / Bass

I initially was leaning more aether, but I keep switching back and forth as to whether I can see her as a likely town flip, and same with Bass. It's really difficult to distinguish which one is the better bet.

I think aether's D4 activity seemed worse to me, at the time, but I will admit I'm persuaded by the D1 voting history regarding Bass... but I also think Jay noted a couple of interesting points regarding Bass.

That said, Jay, I think it's difficult to discern whether Roxy was defending Bass as a civilian because she knew he was civilian or whether she was trying to keep a target that had some substantial heat from flipping, since she didn't defend Bass in the way that she defended Golden 1.0, TinyBubbles, and fingersplints.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

....and 11,000 posts. :yay:

A good place to stop for the night.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interaction between/about Roxy and birdwithteeth11 / Golden 2.0
Roxy wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I could think of 2 reasons TinyBubbles might drop a vote so early on your main suspect:

1) Possibly he's buddying up to you, and wants you to think he's a civ by comparison.

2) If Elo is lynched and flips civ, he could use it as a way to put responsibility on you. I.e. "I only voted Elo because I agreed with JJJ" or something along those lines.
I can think of 2 also:
1) Possibly following those he/she trusts with her/his vote. When I was playing my first few games I often did the same.
2) Is unsure of trusting her/his own instinct and feels better to trust someone else's.

Teeth it seems you are looking for any reason to suspect Bubbles. Can you not think of a new noob reason? Why you would assume to label her vote as a baddie ploy?

It makes me want to eye you more closely if anything.
this is the first mention of BWT by Roxy, and it's a pretty meaty post. she casts obvious suspicion upon him for omitting town-oriented scenarios from his proposed theories for Bubbles following my suspicion of Elohcin with a quick vote. it could be said here that if they're team mates, Roxy is interfering directly with BWT's initiative to throw shade over Bubbles along with making him look worse. so that'd be a dually-brutal bus effort. i don't think that's impossible though, so i won't say this reflects that well on him.
Roxy wrote:Teeth - I am not sure about Teeth there is something off about his vote for Bubbles. He seems to be buddy'ing up to Jimmy and I am not sure how that makes me feel.
vague expressions of suspicion on BWT in the Day 2 reads list. this does bear the appearance of an ideal bus in that Roxy is maintaining a negative read without doing anything to drive it somewhere truly dangerous for BWT.
Roxy wrote:Teeth - I am still having this twitch in my nose about you. I cannot seem to shake it. Its the tone of your posts the explanations you give and just your general lack of actually hunting baddies. I know very few are seeing what I am but just so you and I both know my :eye: :eye: are still firmly on you.

BR - hope you are feeling better. And I hope you can find time before lynch end to make a full response to splints and her case. It kinda feels like you are avoiding. Its pingy tbh. I did read the bit about trust/understanding so I am waiting for more. More suspicions and more "you" in the game.
another reads list provided on Day 3. i kept Roxy's BR read in this quote to add a taste of mafia-on-mafia context for comparison. one thing that is consistent between these two names is the soft expression of suspicion. she is a bit harder on BWT, but grants with the "i know very few are seeing what i'm seeing" comment that it isn't likely to amount to his lynch. so there is a trend in Roxy's post history which suggests the potential for bussing i think.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:is it typical of Roxy to have so few posts compared with the rest of the players?
Meh. I'd give her a little more time. She'll come out of her shell eventually. And gun blazing most likely. :noble:
BWT was dismissive when i first noted that Roxy didn't have many posts early in the game (again, this wasn't intended as an insult :)). in BWT's defense, his prediction proved quite accurate -- both that Roxy got more involved and that she did so with guns blazing.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Teeth it seems you are looking for any reason to suspect Bubbles. Can you not think of a new noob reason? Why you would assume to label her vote as a baddie ploy?

It makes me want to eye you more closely if anything.
When I posted that, it was before I realized that TinyBubbles had only played 1 mafia game before this one. My feelings on her have changed since I have additional info that I didn't have before. I no longer think there's a baddie ploy in play.
here i am revisiting the post by Roxy in which she criticized BWT for his suspicion of Bubbles. this was his response. this might reflect a bit better on him, because if they're mafia team mates then this kind of backtracking shouldn't be necessary. if i look at these two posts in a vacuum, i probably think BWT is more suspicious than Roxy. and on that front i think this looks good for him -- it doesn't look as much like team-communication as some of the previous posts did.
Golden wrote:Feel bad about:

TH - Still not high on his day one vote for me, I think he could have predicted how easily it could lead to a bandwagon.
TinyBubbles - some things in some of her posts have really set my ping-o-meter going, I'll come back to those in more depth unless the rest of my day three read changes my mind about her.
Roxy - her choice to defend me so robustly got my attention. I'm used to people saying 'that just seems like normal golden to me' but I'm not used to people vouching for me hard, especially on day one.
Golden has taken over for BWT at this point. he is very quick to place Roxy on his "feel bad" list, citing feelings he had during his period as a dead man. i think this would be consistent with other perspectives he has espoused since his return, so that's something decent.
Golden wrote:It sits for me as an alternate theory to the fingersplints/roxy one because I don't think it makes sense at all for both to be true (splints listing two teammates as her two biggest suspects? Nah). I'm hoping my read through will give me a strong feeling that one is more likely than the other. As of right now, aether's change in perspective on rogue hunting seems less genuine.

And really, it was THIS post you have to thank for me wanting to work back through my thinking in the thread, because right now where I am sitting is that I could see aether being bad, or I could see splints/roxy being a baddie team, but these perspectives are sort of at odds with each other, hopefully it's clear how I got there.
this was part of a larger post in which Golden supported separate theories of aether being mafia OR a Roxy/splints mafia team mate scenario. i don't recall precisely why he felt splints and Roxy made good team mates, but if he could reassert that point it'd be super. this is at least a continued application of pressure against Roxy.
Golden wrote:Very suspicious

Roxy
Splints
Aether
Golden joins the rainbow club and places Roxy at the top of the reds. he made a few other anti-Roxy posts i didn't highlight before this -- it becomes a trend that dominates his posts so i don't feel a need to share them all again.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 56#p146756 -- large post in which Golden cases Roxy (including some points in her favor).

i love the effort here obviously, and i can't argue many of the points he makes since they relate directly to points i made myself. it could be said that despite the size of this post and quantity of strong points against Roxy, he did conclude with a more "mixed" read on her than one might have expected. his role in her lynch was undeniable on Day 4, but this huge post did feature a little waffling.
Golden wrote:Yeah, I can't see me voting anyone but Roxy today. You've put your finger on some of the 'gut' stuff that makes me feel she is bad well.
TH addressed a number of the "positive" points Golden made about Roxy and this was Golden's response. it'd seem the points TH made were highly convincing, because his waffling was promptly converted to more assertive confidence in Roxy suspicion.
Golden wrote:G-Man's response did not shift my perspective on Roxy. MP had the same reaction I did - I completely understand why someone would be overwhelmed by the posting levels (I certainly was - it's unique for mafia in my experience and, well, it's frankly too much posting for me as well). But it's really not a description of why G-Man isn't good, it's a description of why G-Man is posting in pictures.

TH - are you thinking it could be Roxy, G-Man, Bass?

Voting Roxy now. If others go G-Man I understand why, but for me Roxy is still my best bet.
this part is pretty important. Golden was the very first vote for Roxy, and it came at a time when i thought the thread could definitely move against G-Man instead. so in the event that G-Man is town, Golden should look pretty super here. but if G-Man is still perceived as a suspect, then this decision by Golden is irrelevant to his appearance now. i think G-Man is a valid suspect so i lean towards the latter.

~~~

i do think there are a lot of interesting points here. birdwithteeth11/Golden emerge from this investigation looking a little worse to me honestly. the big question obviously must be this: was Golden's hard-line work against Roxy on Day 4 really bussing? i think it can be on two fronts -- Roxy was already a highly likely lynch candidate anyway. and if G-Man is a suspect too, then it didn't matter which one of the two Golden pursued here.

i don't think i would endorse his lynch on Day 5. but if the game proceeds longer than expected and a final suspect is proving difficult to identify, this case might be something to return to.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

Caught this advice from Roxy to G-Man while filter diving, it's from Day 2:
Roxy wrote:MP - I do not think it is fair to say he has skated by as you have voiced a negative opinion about him every day :P I do think he will have to step up sooner rather than later with his restriction to make himself be heard and felt as a townie. If he does not do that then he will be getting eyed from everyone including me.
Interesting that she was keeping tabs on MP's mentions of G-Man :ponder:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sorry I'll let JJJ finish his thing before spamming the thread with snippets :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote:Sorry I'll let JJJ finish his thing before spamming the thread with snippets :P
No no no, please give us all the snippets you like. the last thing i want to do is encourage quiet from other players while i trudge through the filing cabinets.

it will take me a while. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interaction between/about Roxy and Dragon D. Luffy
Roxy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Btw, I think it's very interesting how Jay started talking about making cases right after the second role was handed out. Which is interesting since the game was pretty much a blank state at that point. Though to be fair, he did say he had nothing at that point.

That could indicate an alignment change. If a player who has done nothing gets a new role and suddenly starts being proactive, it might mean a townie who became mafia, or vice-versa. Just a theory.
the validity of your assertion here is debatable. i'll leave you and others to explore the notion that my Day 0 conduct was indicative of an alignment change, and offer my input when the content demands it. however, i find myself more interested in the implications of this theory you've proposed. based on what you saw from me in Day 0, which side of that theory do you find more plausible? that i was town and became scum, or that i was scum and became town?

the distinction is obviously important.[size=150p my current role ought to mean a great deal more to everyone than my previous role.[/size]
I found Dragon's post a little fluffy bc it really stated nothing as her/his points cancelled each other out.

You reply however twitched my nose a bit.
Roxy was to cast mild suspicion upon DDL early on Day 1 during the most rapid stage of his activity in this game (though his recent play has also been highly thorough and important). i think this reflects decently on DDL because he was probably the easiest of loudmouth new players to pick on at that point. it was something that made me suspicious of Epignosis (among other things), and the implication is that a new townie player is being exploited.
Roxy wrote:So what!
Wtf does post count have to do with whether I am bad or good?
This was Roxy's reply to DDL's OT-greentext post listing the post counts of the players in the game. Roxy took this as an expression of suspicion and fired back. i really like this for DDL, because it doesn't bear the appearance of a response to a bus. it looks like a mafioso who feels she's being accused by an opponent for a reason that can be easily discounted (post count).
Roxy wrote:If there was no point then why post it in the first place except to increase you post count :shrug:

This is just a rehash of Jimmy's Iso post I just responded to. Do you have any further thoughts of your own?

continuing my catch up
Roxy wrote:Dragon seems to be feeding off of Jimmy's posts. Has been quite the echo with the new players and yes they have formed some of their own opinions but mostly they seem to reiterate what another has said. I do not know if this enough for a vote but certainly enough to twitch my nose.
Roxy wrote:Dragon - seems to be parroting others a bit. Your vote today is a complete waste as Vomps replaced ATE and cannot be lynched today. Although tbh her/his vote explanation read as sincere to me. Hello fence----lol
Roxy and DDL were at odds pretty often early in the game and these are more examples. in this case she discredits the suspicion cast by DDL as being a "rehash" of my own commentary -- which i think reflects decently on DDL again. if DDL is bussing her in this case, then she isn't letting him get any credit for it. that'd be a curious move.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 91#p145891 -- general reads post by Roxy

her suspicion of DDL persists into Day 3. the consistency of the aggression might be called evidence of bussing, since bussing often is of the long-term and tunneling sort. i perceive this as minor though because there are still countless other ways to bus and Roxy's methods might not be so clear cut.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 23#p143723 -- bigger post with some early reads by DDL

Now we arrive at DDL's content, and on Day 1 he threw together a small compilation of reads on players emerging into the conversation after the initial infusion of action by MP and The Noobs. he calls Roxy a null read, suggesting he wants to see more. i don't fault him for this really because on Day 1 it was a valid thing to say about her.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p144807 -- big quote in this post in which DDL supports my early suspicion of Roxy
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:acrossaether: mafia
Bass_The_Clever: town
birdwithteet: mafia
Black Rock: town
fingersplints: town
G-man: town
JJJ: town
MP: town
Roxy: mafia
sanmateo: town
Sloonei: mafia
TunyBubbles: town
Turnip: town
Vombat: town
DDL's belated GTH reads included a mafia read on Roxy. this might be rather interesting in that he also had a mafia read on BWT, which would suggest bussing. DDL can you talk about how you feel about this now (re: Golden 2.0)? this isn't meant to be accusatory, i am just curious.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Let's do some reads. Thoughts on Roxy:

At first, I was suspicious of her because of her Golden "defends-then-disappears-as-he's-lynched" thing. Her explanation about real life was legit enough, but didn't change the fact the whole Golden thing could be easily exploited by scum.

She was a lot more active in day 2, but showed nearly zero activity in day 3. That's consistent with someone whose real life is making it hard for her to be active.

One thing that bugs me is that she keeps being very protective of some players, and basing her reads on other players on how they act about the ones she is protecting. The main one is splints, wwho she keeps holding on a pedestal and I don't know why. Then there's Bass, which could be explained by the fact he is her son, but I'd rather not go in that direction. I do notice she keeps going against people every time one of them suspects splints or Bass, sometimes very angrily, and I think that's pretty inefficient as a method for hunting mafia.

Her case against Turnip doesn't seem that strong either. She attacked him for his ineffective votes (including his fake vote of TinyBubbles), and for his strategy talk in the night, but I can't hope but think those are some weak reasons. Not that Turnip is above suspicions, I just think Roxy's tunneling on him feels somewhat forced.

I'm leaning slighly mafia on her. Not sure of she is the best target in this day, but she's someone to look out for.
DDL provides more reads on Day 4 and is mostly negative in his assessment of Roxy. the consistency is good in this case because it coincides with the impending Roxy lynch. i like that he maintained his perspective through the finish with her. the last bit i highlighted does kinda give me the heebie-jeebies though.

eventually he voted for Roxy (3rd of 9). i like the position of his vote in the tally, it did serve well to build/sustain momentum to ensure she'd become the favorite. this benefit is tempered though with the fact that G-Man is a suspect.

~~~

generally i think DDL looks better than he did before i went through his posts. i'm glad for that, because he's been a contested read within me and i need to get him sorted. given my positive take on this, i hope i'm right.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Something tells me Roxy wouldn't bus a teammate who was also a new player to the site, especially not all game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interaction between/about Roxy and fingersplints
Roxy wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:f but i can't help but be concerned about a player with one suspicious encounter early in the game and nothing else since other than a little detached commentary and off-topic posting.
I think she might be busy and bad. :nicenod:
I trust your read- can you elaborate for me?
this is the first post i saw in which Roxy lent her support to splints' suspicion of BR. i think this looks decent for splints in that it isn't typical for mafia bussing to be a cooperative dogpile like this would have to be if splints is mafia. usually it happens in isolated one-on-one interactions (at least until a player is under heavy fire and multiple mafia team mates' hands are forced).
Roxy wrote:splints - seems to be her "A" game and I like it. I am getting townie vibes from her (I am not the best at reading her but better than some) I find myself agreeing with her and it usually only happens when we are both good. She nailed me to the cross in my first post in our last game together so I really trust her gut when it comes time to hunt baddies.
i find myself going both directions on this post. on one hand i like that he is qualifying it with the "it usually only happens when we are both good" thing. this promotes a cooperative public strategy with splints in which they are less likely to go after one another (obviously benefiting a mafia Roxy). on the other hand, the highlighted part is a little waffly and i dig that less.
Roxy wrote:MP is always a high poster irregardless of alignment. We have had actual posting contests in games before I believe he has won at least one or two of them. So yep normal. splints is right she does not read roles until Day 4 (at least from what i remember) I am the same in that regard bc I do not hunt specific roles I just hunt for baddies. She will find something (a vibe or post) she thinks is bad and like a kitteh with catnip she will just go crazy and vote with her own suspicion and will not give a fuck who agrees or disagrees.

ATE - I think splints case on you has merit I do not think your responses (or lack thereof) have helped you. She has good instincts when baddie hunting and I trust her read on you bc I got the same vibe from your posts as she did. You also semi clearing Dragon bc of Sloon's death feels odd to me. I could deffo follow her and vote for you today.
Roxy's protectiveness of splints is starting to become more fervent at this point, and moreover she is promoting cases made by splints against other players. i think this reflects well on splints both in that it's consistent with Roxy's exaggerated town reads of Golden 1.0 and Bubbles and also in that any incorrect read by splints will be blamed on splints -- even if Roxy supports them.
Roxy wrote:Sorry to have missed the vote I had work and family issues to resolve.

splints made her case from the begining - some said she had tunnel vision otherssaid she was not actively pursuing baddies now suddenly she is bussing someone????

Does anyone read my posts about her?? I am sooooo surprised at MP, he knows her as well as me and should know that this is her civ game. I am not liking what he is saying.
Splints has given us our first mafia in a lynch and you all think she is bad after gunning for BR since Day 1!
:eye: on anyone who srsly ursues her for lynch.
this post is probably the most convincing of any in Roxy's post history regarding the alignment of a player still alive in this game. i'll leave y'all to guess at what alignment i mean by that. ;)
Roxy wrote:I am quite surprised and wondering why splints changed her mind about me? I feel like finaly we are both civ and now she doubts me? why?
i think this lamentation is decent evidence of the theory i proposed before -- that Roxy was trying to promote a seemingly town-town cooperative strategy with splints. it didn't completely succeed in the end, and this post is the resulting "bummer".
fingersplints wrote:I voted for aether. I made you a list of most to least suspicious. A whole bunch in the middle I don't know if I could really justify why I ranked one higher then the other. just gut feels I guess

Black Rock
Acrosstheaether
birdwithteeth11
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07
TinyBubbles
sanmateo
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
G-Man
Bass_the_Clever
Vompatti
Roxy
fingersplints
in this ordered list of reads splits called Roxy her top town read (other than herself). so that's a startlingly incorrect read. it'd make for an interesting dynamic if splints is mafia. she was the primary enemy of BR in the thread, and the primary protector of Roxy.
fingersplints wrote:I still feel aether is likely to be bad. I could see Roxy being bad but I also since we are friends I could see her genuinely defending me like this as well.
eventually she warmed to the notion of Roxy being a suspect, with some trepidation. trepidation makes sense when a player is moving a previously top town read down into the suspect pool. her suspicion solidified in some of her following posts, particularly within the discussion about G-Man and Roxy being team mates.
fingersplints wrote:I'm sticking with my aether suspicion and voting there. I hope you guys are right about Roxy
I definitely understand Gmans posts about being a bit overwhelmed by posts, but I don't really believe it. He still would have had to follow along. seems like it would have been easier to just play normally. Idk and the post explaining it that he took forever to write it seems like would have been better spent on elaborating on his suspicions more
it's pretty interesting that splints voted for aether in the end. i can understand why she wouldn't vote for Roxy given her own vocal uncertainty about that read. her's was the 14th vote placed in the tally (of 16), meaning it was close to useless. one can't logically accuse her of avoiding the Roxy lynch though because it was already completely sealed, and Roxy flipped mafia. so those avenues of suspicion would appear to be shut. and with that stated, i am inclined to call splints' vote one motivated by her desire to stick to her guns -- a town thing.

~~~

i think splints looks a lot better.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Bubbles »

MovingPictures07 wrote:....and 11,000 posts. :yay:

congrats! :clap:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If this is all still part of your social experiment G-Man, I'm at the level where I will simply not tolerate your silly little picture sentences anymore, now that I know you can just customize memes.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

smh
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:puppy:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Question: if I edit a PM that's in outbox, can I be sure the hosts will only receive the edited version?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Question: if I edit a PM that's in outbox, can I be sure the hosts will only receive the edited version?
Yes. If it's in your outbox it hasn't been sent yet.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fair enough mang.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Put them in spoiler tags though couldjya?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interaction between/about Roxy and G-Man

a lot of what i say in this post is likely to echo points made by others already. but this is my first opportunity to go through the material myself and see how i feel.
Roxy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:How is Gman cursed already?
Idk if it is what is happening here but I play on a lot of different sites and Day 1 curses (in fact all game curses) do exist. Maybe Russ has picked up some new stuff for his game. I played a game where the player could only say 'I am Groot' for the entire game - it was insanity - no smileys or images were allowed.
Roxy wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I'm having a hard time keeping track of this game. sorry guys, haven't even done my reread of the new guys. I'm probably going to vote for one of the people with a shady day 1 vote. So far I am leaning TH, only because I think Elo is explaining herself a bit better then TH. Maybe I am a little bit clouded by my last experience with a civvie Elo in Roger Rabbit.

Does anyone have any logical reasoning that Gman could still be cursed?
I gave a reason here and I am surprised you did not think of it since you have now played on AW :)
The I am Groot restriction happened to Sapient.
it's noteworthy that Roxy was the primary individual promoting theories about the origin of an alleged cursed role. this is distinctly defensive of G-Man because it provides him with a specific type of support that he wasn't getting elsewhere. some people were willing to believe him, but nobody other than Roxy was actually clarifying the notion of being cursed as something with a real world context which could be explained in this game.
Turnip Head wrote:Caught this advice from Roxy to G-Man while filter diving, it's from Day 2:
Roxy wrote:MP - I do not think it is fair to say he has skated by as you have voiced a negative opinion about him every day :P I do think he will have to step up sooner rather than later with his restriction to make himself be heard and felt as a townie. If he does not do that then he will be getting eyed from everyone including me.
Interesting that she was keeping tabs on MP's mentions of G-Man :ponder:
Roxy wrote:GMan - I feel for ya :bighug: but you are doing your best to be understood I know we have never had a role like this on The Syndicate but I have seen this type of role plenty of times on other sites. However just bc you have a posting restriction it does not absolve you of being bad so I do look forward to deciphering more of your thoughts.
keeping Turnip in the quote up there because he identified this before me moments ago. i think his point is salient. i quote these two posts together because of a common theme -- they are simultaneously supportive of G-Man and ominous about his future in the game. in this scenario it could be said that Roxy was maintaining her supportive strategy with G-Man, but she was also leaving herself an avenue to turn on him if the need arose. as a caveat: there's also room to perceive the first post as an unfair demand of a townie who she'd have legitimately believed to be cursed.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 09#p144409 -- big post of pictures

on Day 2 G-Man provided reads and called Roxy a town read (one of only three along with Sloonei and myself).

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 27#p146027 -- big post of pictures

in this one he gave reads for all of the players except Roxy, who is just not included. the reason for that can be debated, i think it's genuinely possible for him to have forgotten her whether they're mafia mates or not.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 21#p147021 -- big post of pictures.

i asked G-Man to provide his GTH read on the entire mafia team. he gave me two answers (which violates the GTH concept and serves as a waffle by default). Roxy was included in both lists, the others being some arrangement of DDL, aether, and MP.

in any event, this represents a steep drop for Roxy. she'd been a top town read, and now she's the common denominator on both of his proposed mafia teams. it goes without saying that he didn't explain this change of heart.
G-Man wrote:So where am I right now? I think I would vote for Roxy if I had to vote right now. Some of the interactions that were pointed out and some of the meta looks pretty sound to me. But, then again, what do I know? I'm terrible at reading people.
i honestly feel bad for quoting G-Man in text regardless of his alignment. sorry to kill your flow here man, but it's a part of MY flow y'see? i need to analyze. in his massive explanatory post G-Man said a whole lot and one of them was that he'd be willing to vote for Roxy. this was on Day 4 when the two main candidates seemed to be, far and away, Roxy and G-Man himself. so there's not much i can take from this in his favor.

~~~

i guess i don't think it's quite as clear cut and obvious as MP seemed to on Day 4. but i do see potential for Roxy and G-Man to be team mates and my suspicion of him is greater than it was before.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

every time i go through these analytic reads and come upon MP in the order, i decide it's time for a nap.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:every time i go through these analytic reads and come upon MP in the order, i decide it's time for a nap.
:haha:
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:For D5, I'm definitely leaning:

1. G-Man
2. aether / Bass

I initially was leaning more aether, but I keep switching back and forth as to whether I can see her as a likely town flip, and same with Bass. It's really difficult to distinguish which one is the better bet.

I think aether's D4 activity seemed worse to me, at the time, but I will admit I'm persuaded by the D1 voting history regarding Bass... but I also think Jay noted a couple of interesting points regarding Bass.

That said, Jay, I think it's difficult to discern whether Roxy was defending Bass as a civilian because she knew he was civilian or whether she was trying to keep a target that had some substantial heat from flipping, since she didn't defend Bass in the way that she defended Golden 1.0, TinyBubbles, and fingersplints.
do you think roxy was buddying with all the players she defended? idk but i think it's possible
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I just noticed a big irony on what I just said: the Keynesian faction needs to save if they want to succeed.
:haha:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note: if BR and Roxy are any indication, mafia fight their asses off around here when they're in trouble, and i'm honestly not used to that. it's awesome.
I have to agree, both lynched mafia (and really every player) has put in incredible effort this game. Lots of you despite less-than-ideal rl circumstances. So thank you all for that.
Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Question: if I edit a PM that's in outbox, can I be sure the hosts will only receive the edited version?
Yes. If it's in your outbox it hasn't been sent yet.
This is technically untrue. Not to nitpick, but just so you know how it works: outbox PMs have been sent but not read yet. Until they're read (at which point they go into your "Sent" box), they can be edited or deleted without the recipient seeing the original.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Epignosis »

This game sucks because I am still dead.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Thanks! Just to clarify, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't confuse you by sending 2 versions of the same PM or something.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:This game sucks because I am still dead.
[2]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by acrosstheaether »

I wanna 'nother rainbow from JJJ.
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon

Now that the mafia cannot kill at night, the only chance of them winning this is to manipulate the lynches. Should there be two baddies left, they'd be unlikely to bus from this point onwards, right?
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon

It would also be interesting to see who has been suspiciously defensive of Roxy. The nightkill is the mafia's most beneficial weapon, surely they would do anything to keep the role that allows for that.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

Checking in. Yay for getting Roxy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

acrosstheaether wrote:Now that the mafia cannot kill at night, the only chance of them winning this is to manipulate the lynches. Should there be two baddies left, they'd be unlikely to bus from this point onwards, right?
Why would the mafia not be able to kill at night?
Gro-oo-ovy
acrosstheaether
Stool Pigeon

fingersplints wrote:
acrosstheaether wrote:Now that the mafia cannot kill at night, the only chance of them winning this is to manipulate the lynches. Should there be two baddies left, they'd be unlikely to bus from this point onwards, right?
Why would the mafia not be able to kill at night?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, we have some real FEBs (Fucking Evil Bastards) around here. :feb:
If you're talking about me, sorry I couldn't hold back. We lynched the fucking godfather. We robbed them of their night kills. I wanna celebrate.

That said, good game Roxy. It was a pleasure, and I hope I see you again in future games.
I thought John Maynard Keynes is the only role that can kill?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

Usually it's passed down to the next person. I guess the hosts would haveto clarify if it is or isn't in this case.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Bubbles »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:This game sucks because I am still dead.
[2]
[3]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

They' still have items, which should give them roughly 2 kills every 5 nights, plus whatever they have saved until now.

Also Robert Solow can boost their items, so I'd be weary for double kills or gun/butter stealing kills or stuff like that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

with 11 players remaining, we may have an opportunity to take care of the Vompatti Problem. it could become 10 after the night phase, i'm also not sure how the mafia kills work without JMK. it's another new concept because on RYM it's typical for any member of the mafia to be able to kill on any night.

what i mean is this: even if there are 10 players left in Day 5, that means the remaining ratio will be either 8v2 or 9v1 (depending upon Epignosis). those are both highly town-favoring ratios this late in the game, meaning there is some room to take at least one chance. i for one don't want Vompatti to be around during any potential LyLo phase should one be reached.

i'll see how i feel about him when i do his interactive analysis, but i doubt i'll have a strong read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

fingersplints wrote:Usually it's passed down to the next person. I guess the hosts would haveto clarify if it is or isn't in this case.
Is that so? I thought only Keynes could do kills. What point is there in saying Keynes is the one who does kills, then?

To be fair, I wouldn't know, since this is knew to me. Where I come from kills are shared by the whole faction regardless of who is alive or dead. That's why we call them faction kills.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have a theory.

Every anti-town player who flipped until now was a girl, right?

So vote fingersplints and vote acrosstheaether.

gg
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Plenty of room imo. For example, Roxy seemed to be going against Bass but not too harsly, which could be a way of bussing without getting him lynched. Heavy bussing makes sense when the target is about to get lynched, but if they aren't, a lighter bussing may be better just to distance yourself from your teammate.

Likewise, Bass always suspected Roxy but never did much work to get her lynched (then again, he isn't doing any work whatsoever in this game).

Same could be said about the Roxy/aether relations, too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I realize you have doubt, Jay, which is entirely logical, but for me, Roxy's posts regarding G-Man and the curse that I pointed out in D4 pretty much singlehandedly put the nail in G-Man's coffin once we found out he was faking. I know I exaggerate and go through periods where I exude extreme confidence and others with extreme waffling, but with Roxy's mafia flip, I'm positive we will catch a mafia in G-Man. The last member is a bit more difficult.

Jay, what do you think of aether's increased activity? I'm loving it, and have two competing explanations, but want to hear your thoughts first, as you know her better than I do.

aether, who is your top suspect at the moment?

Regarding the kill discussion, here's the thing. Typically kills anymore are faction kills, but there have been plenty of games where particular roles have had the kill. When that is the case, I've seen it hosted either way: the kill passes along to the next in line, and thus the player with the kill may have some special ability with it that is lost when he or she dies, OR the kill dies with that player. The latter is rarer, and in cases such as that, there typically is another role on the team that can kill in some other way.

When I hosted the very first Champions game here ('13), my Video Game Villains team had two killers, Big Daddy and Piranha Plant, both of them killing in unique ways, but once both of them died, the team was up a shit creek without a paddle; because of such situations, the popularity of such a tactic has mostly dwindled.

Therefore, splints's conclusion that the kill passes is the most logical one, and thus makes Keynes the weakest player on his team, theoretically, but it's all speculation until the hosts clarify, assuming they do.

My theory is that the kill passes, but perhaps the role/player that it passes to has to give up their normal power in order to execute the kill?

Turnip Head wrote:Something tells me Roxy wouldn't bus a teammate who was also a new player to the site, especially not all game.
Agreed.

TinyBubbles wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:....and 11,000 posts. :yay:

congrats! :clap:
Thanks, TinyBubbles!! :dance:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”