[END] Arrested Development Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Who's about to sell us out to the Sitwells?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Elohcin
No votes
G-Man
No votes
lovedelic
No votes
Sloonei 2
50%
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
No votes
Turnip Head
No votes
How can anyone even understand this game? (host/non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 59

Re: [Day 2] Arrested Development Mafia

Post by G-Man »

Elohcin wrote:linki with llama. I agree with you. I cannot even begin to understand G-man's posts b/c he is taking the role-playing so seriously. I have no clue who is is talking about more than half the time. I am beginning to wonder if he is hiding behind the role-playing. DO you think that's a possibility for G-man?
It's a good thing I got off my shift at the banana stand so I can respond to your needs. I'll post this one more time because, you know, I'm a nice guy who wants to be understood. I find keeping spreadsheets to be very helpful.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Suddenly, a manuscript fell out of thin air, containing the following notes:
Ron Howard's voice wrote:List of actors and characters:
a2thezebra - Ann
DrWilgy - ?????
Elohcin - ?????
G-Man - George-Michael Bluth
lovedelic - George Bluth Sr.
Metalmarsh89 - Michael Bluth
MovingPictures07 - The Narrator
Ricochet - Steve Holt
Sloonei - Tobias Funke
Spacedaisy - Maeby Funke
Sorsha - Lucille Bluth
thellama73 - G.O.B Bluth
Turnip Head - Buster Bluth
A red pen could serve as a handy way for the family to track any changes.
And...
DrWilgy wrote:Give me that manuscript!
*marks out the question marks and writes down Lindsey*
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I will also say that those who tried to lynch me are a bunch of chickens. KA-CACAW CACAW!
and/or boosh!

Oops, wrong show...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Elohcin »

I read Wilgy as I said I would. I read him as his normal self. His posts were mostly on topic but playful and a bit here and there. He goes back and forth on suspecting llama but it all seems a bit for show.

Then he says, "back on elo, or I could vote for llama....." when he never even mentioned me before that. Perhaps he voted for me without saying anything, then switched his vote, then posted that?! No clue.

He didn't like that llama and I voted for the person who voted no lynch. He said new guys will often opt for no lynch. I, of course didn't know lovedelic was new at the time. And I guess Wilgy is from another site where the no lynch option is a norm.

Next he comes out with his character by responding to SD's post about her coming out with her character. He is apparently Maeby's mom/Tobias' wife. I cannot remember her name from the show.

His most recent post was off-topic and was posted yesterday (real time). He's not been in today.

None of this sticks out as suspicious to me, so I feel like it got me no where to read it. He doesn't seem to be particularly helping the town either. It tells me that he could be good, he could be mafia.

Thoughts?

Thank you G!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

On an off-topic note, Epi and I will be eating female pork belly this evening. As me how I know the pig was a girl!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Elohcin wrote:On an off-topic note, Epi and I will be eating female pork belly this evening. As me how I know the pig was a girl!
No thank you :huh:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote:On an off-topic note, Epi and I will be eating female pork belly this evening. As me how I know the pig was a girl!
Regarding Rob, I know that 'e picks noses, and 'de pigs knows 'dis.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Elo, I agree that there's not much in Wilgy's ISO. I did get the same feeling you did with how he went back and forth on Llama. It didn't feel particularly genuine, more like an illusion of participation. He also did nothing to save his green peek, he voted off all the main wagons. He wasn't around the final 3 hours of the lynch, but then again I've seen bad Wilgy intentionally avoid the thread during such times before, so who knows.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Regarding Rob, I know that 'e picks noses, and 'de pigs knows 'dis.
I can see why you're everyone's favorite son. Thanks for keeping this family on track.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Fair enough. Is there anyone you suspect?
Not really. I am having a hard time cutting through the role playing to see who is actually acting suspicious. I'm sure I'll make up my mind by voting time.
You could always vote Wilgy for now. Make him squeal.
I don't want to create the illusion of a lynch train. That could lead other people to vote Wilgy thinking it's inevitable. Remind me your reason for distrusting him?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Fair enough. Is there anyone you suspect?
Not really. I am having a hard time cutting through the role playing to see who is actually acting suspicious. I'm sure I'll make up my mind by voting time.
You could always vote Wilgy for now. Make him squeal.
I don't want to create the illusion of a lynch train. That could lead other people to vote Wilgy thinking it's inevitable. Remind me your reason for distrusting him?
I know you hate repeating yourself. So do I. Did you read my posts?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Spacedaisy »

Elohcin wrote:Getting ready to go look at wilgy, but I'd like as ask SD why she's voted for me. SD, you state that you find me suspicious and that it might be b/c I found you suspicious. That doesn't seem like a good reason and especially not reason enough to cast a vote on me. I just don't really understand your gameplay this time around. I'm not saying that it pings me and makes me think you're bad. But it does make me wonder what you're up to. Its as if your vote is a defensive tactic.
Seriously? Have you not read what I have been saying? I would not vote you simply because you suspected me. I acknowledge that there might be some amount of knee jerk reaction in there, but I gave a pretty clear explanation of what I find suspicious about you. Here is just one of my posts saying what I find suspicious about you; the one I think summarizes it best...
Spacedaisy wrote:I've gone back over Elo's post regarding me and I started to do in-line evaluations, but I realized it could all be simplified into two thoughts. Every suspicion was her just saying, "yeah she is suspicious for that" and to say my responses feel "ingenuine" when I answered the points brought up. The only suspicion of her own was because I was the last person to post a green peek she felt like I was faking it. She even started out saying someone would fake to cover for the cop, but in the end she said it "felt ingenuine" when I peeked. There is no answer to someone feeling like something is not an honest answer, especially when everything I have said was 100% genuine.

If you are asking me if I have a red peek on her, no I do not have a red peek on her. I am only going on my instincts where she is concerned. My gut is not liking what I saw last night. It overall looked incredibly opportunistic.

MP, good point regarding Dr. Wilgy...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

and what about the rest of my playing that doesn't have anything to do with my thoughts on you? what do you think of me in light of all the other posts I've made that don't talk about you?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

At this point I'm just going to assume that anyone who refuses to discuss Wilgy is his teammate and waiting for him to defend himself :grin:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DrWilgy »

Why are we discussing me? I was using what time I had to pay attention to GoC's ending.

I'll look through the thread in detail tomorrow.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Elohcin wrote:and what about the rest of my playing that doesn't have anything to do with my thoughts on you? what do you think of me in light of all the other posts I've made that don't talk about you?
Well Gene, I feel like you are trying very hard.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Who's a member of mafia? I need to vote for someone.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:and what about the rest of my playing that doesn't have anything to do with my thoughts on you? what do you think of me in light of all the other posts I've made that don't talk about you?
Well Gene, I feel like you are trying very hard.
Nope. Just having fun in this small, vanilla mafia game. SOOOOOOO much funner (yes I know funner is not a word) than a big game where I always feel lost. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Elo, you're Gene?! YES! That makes sense! The costumes! Why didn't I think of that? Also, regarding these smaller games, I enjoy Heists the most as well. :D But for a (somewhat) different reason; I don't ever really feel lost in the larger games. Instead I feel as though I'm right in the limelight whereas half of the player list manages to stay out of it, and it's difficult to truly evaluate and case every player in the game as it progresses. I like these Heists better because I can have a better grasp on everyone in my mind and pressure them all, in theory, with better success than trying to pressure 30 other players in the span of one or two cycles.

Anyway, I'm only around for a handful or two of minutes at the moment, but I'll try to be back around EoD -- I'm just trying to make sure I put all my homework first though.

I don't understand DrWilgy's response to the pressure votes; he questions why anyone is talking about him... isn't that part of the game? And did he not read the sentiment expressed by either me or Turnip Head?

To answer Daisy's concern, I put Elohcin and G-Man in blue because they are my Night 0 and Night 1 peeks respectively (Blue means confirmed civilian, as opposed to just a high civilian read, hence why I put myself in there).

With that said, I'm willing to blow my shitty cover and reveal that I do NOT have a confirmed check on Elohcin or G-Man. I notice players are suspecting Elohcin. I am absolutely terrible at reading her, but I have enough of my own doubts, and I don't want to continue my ruse to dissuade anyone who really feels she is worthy of voting today from doing so, based on no actual information.

Of course, I could still have information on other players. ;)

For now I'm keeping my vote on DrWilgy because he doesn't seem all that concerned about dying and I want to hear more from him before EoD. I am disappointed in the lack of discussion though from everyone. I'm keeping myself really busy these days, but the 48/24 cycle is enough for me to try and pressure a couple of folks at least. Where is everyone else? No excuse not to be engaged in the game, especially after the unfortunate loss of roleplayer and scum hunter extraordinaire, Sloonei.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:SOOOOOOO much funner (yes I know funner is not a word)
If "fun" is only a noun, then it does not have a superlative form (-er, -est), and one must use "more" or "most" to denote an increased measure.

If, however, you accept "fun" as an adjective (usage that has gained informal currency since about 1846), then it makes sense to permit the word the same superlative forms most other monosyllabic adjectives have. "She is my funnest cousin."

This linguistic debate is something of a nuisance, given that we have plenty of adjectives that can take either form. Consider the following:

"He is the most clever fellow I ever met."
"He is the cleverest fellow I ever met."

Both of these are grammatically acceptable. :shrug2:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Who's a member of mafia? I need to vote for someone.
Also, what are you even doing, MM? You sealed the fate of confirmed civilian Sloonei, and you're making absolutely no attempt to discuss or engage in the game whatsoever. :eye:

Consider MM a possible vote from me after I return as well. This is weak sauce if you're a civilian, MM, get the hell in here and help us out.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ricochet has requested replacement. I'm working on it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Guess before I leave for a little while I should provide an updated rainbow to emphasize that I've blown my ruse

Day 2 MP rainbow:

MovingPictures07

Spacedaisy

Turnip Head
Sorsha
thellama73

Elohcin

G-Man
lovedelic

Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
DrWilgy

I will also admit that throughout this Day phase I've been tinfoiling on Turnip Head somewhat, and here are the reasons why:

1) When asked to provide a read of Elo, Turnip Head said he couldn't quite yet. That is uncharacteristically unlike Turnip Head, who prides himself on being able to read Elo better than most anyone else. If Elo were to flip mafia, this is noteworthy.

2) Turnip Head really pushed forward discussion regarding the kill. IMO, Turnip Head is the only other player here besides myself and maybe DrWilgy (and lovedelic?) that has more exposure to this kind of game setup, since they're still relatively new here at The Syndicate.

I could see Turnip Head setting up this exact scenario:

Killing zebra N1, then denouncing it multiple times in thread the following day (the mafia are "jerks"), as well as saying he didn't understand why, then requesting the SHC strategy from me (and in the event he didn't get it, pushing it harder than he did his own post of it). Then he later "realizes" that DrWilgy should have been the one who was killed last night, thinks that DrWilgy may be the cop as a result, but doesn't say that and instead pushes the alternate explanation that Wilgy is a mafia member who is lying about his peek, and pushes his lynch as a way to eliminate his strongest cop suspect.

Anyway, I recognize this is some pretty tinfoily stuff, so I'm not letting it influence my rainbow for now. Nonetheless, I wanted to throw it out there because it crossed my mind more than once, especially with folks suspecting Elo. This is another reason I didn't feel comfortable continuing my fake cover of Elo and G-Man.

Please discuss. See you all later. :mafia:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Think back to what MP was saying about green peeks being cleared by the mafia looking for the cop. The mafia would want to kill a person whose green peek was accurate, because otherwise they would know it's not the real cop. So if the mafia had decided to take out DrWilgy thinking he was the cop, there would be no downside to killing him... because even if he wasn't the cop, his green peek (Sloonei) was already dead. Ergo, no one alive would be "Seer Hunt Cleared" (seer = cop).

There's really no reason for them not to kill Wilgy last night unless he's bad or it's an elaborate frame job.
Reread your posts, TH, and this is an excellent point!

I'm sold for now, but if you are wrong, I'm coming after you next. I'm wary of thread-steering.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MP, I am similarly nervous about TH, but I am willing to give him a day to see how his Wilgy suspicion turns out.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Getting ready for the Motherboy pageant but I thought I would chime in.

If the disembodied Narrator voice is still lurking around plotting witty comments about all of us, can you give me a voice-over explaining the following:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 MP rainbow:

MovingPictures07
Elohcin
G-Man

Spacedaisy

Turnip Head
Sorsha

lovedelic
thellama73
Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
..and then a few hours later
MovingPictures07 wrote:To answer Daisy's concern, I put Elohcin and G-Man in blue because they are my Night 0 and Night 1 peeks respectively (Blue means confirmed civilian, as opposed to just a high civilian read, hence why I put myself in there).

With that said, I'm willing to blow my shitty cover and reveal that I do NOT have a confirmed check on Elohcin or G-Man. I notice players are suspecting Elohcin. I am absolutely terrible at reading her, but I have enough of my own doubts, and I don't want to continue my ruse to dissuade anyone who really feels she is worthy of voting today from doing so, based on no actual information.
...and then this:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Guess before I leave for a little while I should provide an updated rainbow to emphasize that I've blown my ruse

Day 2 MP rainbow:

MovingPictures07

Spacedaisy

Turnip Head
Sorsha
thellama73

Elohcin

G-Man
lovedelic

Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
I mean, I know I'm just a kid and all, but it looks like you admitted to lying about checking anyone. You claimed to have peeked (is there a difference between a peek and a check?) at Gene (thanks for clearing that up, by the way) and I but then in the next paragraph you say you didn't. Why even lie about that in the first place? I may not be used to these smaller settings but it doesn't add up. Is the point of multiple people claiming to be the investigator to provide the real investigator to join the mix?

Furthermore, how exactly did I go from being high on your good guy list to being mid-level bad guy? Have you been harboring suspicions of me all along or did something happen recently to shift my position on your list?

Boy, these costumes are itchy. This pageant better be worth skipping that camping trip.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Another thing before more pageant prep. I think you guys might be, you know, over-analyzing Ann's death. In this small setting, the bad guys want to keep as many sketchy-looking players around to shield themselves from lynches.

1) Ann didn't contribute to one of the three main vote trains

2) Ann's vote didn't attract much attention at all

3) Ann didn't receive a single vote against her

To my young eyes, it looks pretty clear. Based on Day 1, Ann was going to be of no use to the bad guys. She wasn't on anybody's radar and was not part of the vote clusters that the bad guys probably expect us to analyze to death today. The fact that Ann didn't join the clusters probably told the bad guys that she was not going to be easy to sway in a pinch. In the eyes of the bad guys, Ann didn't look bad at all and was going to be hard to make look bad, so they decided to take her out.
My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Large post incoming. I hate to do it but I have a lot to say.
MovingPictures07 wrote:1) When asked to provide a read of Elo, Turnip Head said he couldn't quite yet. That is uncharacteristically unlike Turnip Head, who prides himself on being able to read Elo better than most anyone else. If Elo were to flip mafia, this is noteworthy.
You're right MP, I do pride myself on my ability to read Elo. In fact, I believe I was 100% right about her in every game, until this happened in the last Heist game (which I didn't play):
Turnip Head wrote:Subject: Home Alone [Day 3]
Elohcin wrote:This is so stupid. I was being so helpful, active, and I still get looked at like I'm a baddie. I am convinced that no matter what I do in a mafia game, I will be looked at as a baddie. Whatever. Who cares anymore. Cause I know others will follow LC and Drac on this. It's how it goes for me. I seriously may stop playing mafia b/c the only way I can last a good length of time in a game is by not saying much at all. Then I eventually get lynched for not saying much at all. I need to leave the syndicate as Elohcin and change my name then come back and have no one know who I am. I think that's the only way I an get you all to stop suspecting me for stupid crap. *throws hands up in the air*
I wish I was playing Elo, I think you're civvie and it frustrates me when people suspect you all the time!
Elohcin wrote::) You're always kind to me. I appreciate you sweet words.
Epignosis wrote:
The Wet Bandits, Harry Lime and Marv Merchants, have taken over the house, and they're gonna snap off your cajones and boil them in motor oil!
Elohcin wrote:MUAH HA HA HA HA! :D :D :D
Turnip Head wrote:Elo :eek: :eek: You tricked me! I thought you were civ for sure! Well played :clap: and I'll remember not to trust my read of you in the future :suspish:
I think it's safe to say that Elo has switched up her game enough in these Heists that I don't currently know how to read her :shrug2: Maybe I'll get better, but I'm not trusting anything at the moment.

MovingPictures07 wrote:2) Turnip Head really pushed forward discussion regarding the kill. IMO, Turnip Head is the only other player here besides myself and maybe DrWilgy (and lovedelic?) that has more exposure to this kind of game setup, since they're still relatively new here at The Syndicate.

I could see Turnip Head setting up this exact scenario:

Killing zebra N1, then denouncing it multiple times in thread the following day (the mafia are "jerks"), as well as saying he didn't understand why, then requesting the SHC strategy from me (and in the event he didn't get it, pushing it harder than he did his own post of it). Then he later "realizes" that DrWilgy should have been the one who was killed last night, thinks that DrWilgy may be the cop as a result, but doesn't say that and instead pushes the alternate explanation that Wilgy is a mafia member who is lying about his peek, and pushes his lynch as a way to eliminate his strongest cop suspect.

Anyway, I recognize this is some pretty tinfoily stuff, so I'm not letting it influence my rainbow for now. Nonetheless, I wanted to throw it out there because it crossed my mind more than once, especially with folks suspecting Elo. This is another reason I didn't feel comfortable continuing my fake cover of Elo and G-Man.
I'm fine with you tinfoiling me, but keep it at the tinfoil level. All I'm trying to do is solve the game, and without anyone trying to discuss much of anything, I stand out like a sore thumb. It would be pretty ballsy of me to make such a kill and then try to steer discussion around it if I didn't have to do so. And this is WIFOM, but I wouldn't have killed Zeebs Night 1, I just watched her die Night 1 in the game I hosted and I was sad she didn't get to play longer. I'd appreciate it if you took my words at face value and thusly gave me your thoughts regarding my theory, but maybe that's too much to ask.
MovingPictures07 wrote:To answer Daisy's concern, I put Elohcin and G-Man in blue because they are my Night 0 and Night 1 peeks respectively (Blue means confirmed civilian, as opposed to just a high civilian read, hence why I put myself in there).

If you're terrible at reading Elo, why did you pick her as your N1 peek only to recant at the first suspicion against her? You've blown your cop cover for almost no reason at all. Why make a fake peek on a player you can't read and then not keep it up? I'm trying to understand what your intentions were.
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Think back to what MP was saying about green peeks being cleared by the mafia looking for the cop. The mafia would want to kill a person whose green peek was accurate, because otherwise they would know it's not the real cop. So if the mafia had decided to take out DrWilgy thinking he was the cop, there would be no downside to killing him... because even if he wasn't the cop, his green peek (Sloonei) was already dead. Ergo, no one alive would be "Seer Hunt Cleared" (seer = cop).

There's really no reason for them not to kill Wilgy last night unless he's bad or it's an elaborate frame job.
Reread your posts, TH, and this is an excellent point!

I'm sold for now, but if you are wrong, I'm coming after you next. I'm wary of thread-steering.
Wow, you've not only made me doubt myself but you as well. :suspish: This scenario is a baddie's wet dream. If Wilgy is civ you've just laid the foundation for getting two mislynches for the price of one. You're "wary of thread-steering?" That might be the least Llama-like thing I've seen you say. The civ Llama I know feels strongly in his convictions, and attempts to get the rest of the thread to follow his lead. Would you be wary of your own behavior in games where you've done that? I feel like I'm right about something and I want people to talk about it instead of brushing it off. The timing of this post right after MP casts some doubt about me seems off. Why would you come after me if I'm wrong if you yourself are sold on my case?
G-Man wrote:To my young eyes, it looks pretty clear. Based on Day 1, Ann was going to be of no use to the bad guys. She wasn't on anybody's radar and was not part of the vote clusters that the bad guys probably expect us to analyze to death today. The fact that Ann didn't join the clusters probably told the bad guys that she was not going to be easy to sway in a pinch. In the eyes of the bad guys, Ann didn't look bad at all and was going to be hard to make look bad, so they decided to take her out.
Alrighty then G-Michael, you seem to know more about the baddies' kill than I do :shrug:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok, quick attempt to catch up during lunch break.
MP wrote:It's possible one of these peeks is real. So why did all of these votes land like this?

That vote cycle was dumb dumb dumb dumb. That is my question as well.

Sorsha, are you trying to threaten me binto bandwagoning? I'm going to vote where my baddie senses are tingling unless I need to save my self.
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Previously on Arrested Development:

The mafia fail at finding the cop, killing someone who didn't even throw out a green peek.

Suddenly, another manuscript fell out of thin air, containing the following notes:
Ron Howard's voice wrote:List of n0 green peeks:
a2thezebra - N/A
DrWilgy - Sloonei
Elohcin - N/A
G-Man - N/A
lovedelic - N/A
Metalmarsh89 - N/A
MovingPictures07 - Elohcin
Ricochet - thellama73
Sloonei - N/A
Spacedaisy - lovedelic
Sorsha - N/A
thellama73 - N/A
Turnip Head - G-Man
DrWilgy should have been killed last night. If he flipped vanilla, no one would be "Seer Hunt Cleared" because Sloonei was already dead. His peak was the only one confirmed to be 100% true. DrWilgy, as a baddie, stood to gain the most by the mafia taking out a non-cop target.
Ok I understand now. This makes alot of sense but I'm not scum. Thinking about it, I have no Idea why I wasn't killed, unless they didn't believe my claim whatsoever... Which would line up with the players that voted Sloonei yesterday. Another point, is that I have fake claimed cop in a previous game and maybe they thought my claim was fake based on this. A last point as to why I may not have died is because my day 1 peek was my husband. Maybe they thought it was too much of a coincidence and ruled it out.

Players here that played with me the game I fake claimed were MP, Sorsha, and Zebra.

Sorsha also happens to be a Sloonei voter.

That's as far as I got catching up. I'll continue reading when I'm back from work. That'll give me 2 hours before EOD to catch up.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Also, what are you even doing, MM? You sealed the fate of confirmed civilian Sloonei, and you're making absolutely no attempt to discuss or engage in the game whatsoever. :eye:

Consider MM a possible vote from me after I return as well. This is weak sauce if you're a civilian, MM, get the hell in here and help us out.
Hi I am here and rather ashamed of myself thus far. Sorry for voting Sloonei over such a chickenshit reason.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm looking at the Sloonei voters from yesterday. Specifically Sorsha and MetalMarsh. I find TH's actions to seem pretty consistent with someone trying to "solve" the game. And G-Man has a couple green peeks on him so I am leaning towards trusting him. I'm going to move my vote over to Sorsha at the moment to share the pressure votes...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Wait, I just saw Wilgy voted Sorsha. Wilgy, did you say why Sorsha?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm here! Catching up now. Who else is around?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:ricochet has requested replacement. I'm working on it.
Well, this was unexpected. Anyone have thoughts on this, or is it too WIFOMy to gain judgment from it? I actually was just thinking it's strange that Rico has 42 posts but not that much content.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:MP, I am similarly nervous about TH, but I am willing to give him a day to see how his Wilgy suspicion turns out.
You don't have any suspicions of your own worth voting for?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote: Wow, you've not only made me doubt myself but you as well. :suspish: This scenario is a baddie's wet dream. If Wilgy is civ you've just laid the foundation for getting two mislynches for the price of one. You're "wary of thread-steering?" That might be the least Llama-like thing I've seen you say. The civ Llama I know feels strongly in his convictions, and attempts to get the rest of the thread to follow his lead. Would you be wary of your own behavior in games where you've done that? I feel like I'm right about something and I want people to talk about it instead of brushing it off. The timing of this post right after MP casts some doubt about me seems off. Why would you come after me if I'm wrong if you yourself are sold on my case?
I like to keep you guessing. I don't think it is an unLLamalike thing to say at all, though. Maybe you are sincere in your convictions, maybe you are steering the thread for your own benefit. They are not the same thing, though they may look it from the outside. Do you want to abandon leading your lynch wagon now that you know there might be consequences for lynching a civ?

linki: MP1 I will miss my bastard son. Return from whence you came!

linki: MP2 I have a few minor pings, but nothing solid. I think TH's case on Wilgy is good, but his own behavior feels fishy to me as well. I think Spacedaisy's suspicion of Eloh has merit as well.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Turnip, did you give one peek or two?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man, in response to your post:
G-Man wrote:Getting ready for the Motherboy pageant but I thought I would chime in.

If the disembodied Narrator voice is still lurking around plotting witty comments about all of us, can you give me a voice-over explaining the following:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 MP rainbow:

MovingPictures07
Elohcin
G-Man

Spacedaisy

Turnip Head
Sorsha

lovedelic
thellama73
Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
..and then a few hours later

...and then this:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Guess before I leave for a little while I should provide an updated rainbow to emphasize that I've blown my ruse

Day 2 MP rainbow:

MovingPictures07

Spacedaisy

Turnip Head
Sorsha
thellama73

Elohcin

G-Man
lovedelic

Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
I mean, I know I'm just a kid and all, but it looks like you admitted to lying about checking anyone. You claimed to have peeked (is there a difference between a peek and a check?) at Gene (thanks for clearing that up, by the way) and I but then in the next paragraph you say you didn't. Why even lie about that in the first place? I may not be used to these smaller settings but it doesn't add up. Is the point of multiple people claiming to be the investigator to provide the real investigator to join the mix?

Furthermore, how exactly did I go from being high on your good guy list to being mid-level bad guy? Have you been harboring suspicions of me all along or did something happen recently to shift my position on your list?

Boy, these costumes are itchy. This pageant better be worth skipping that camping trip.
Yep, I'm admitting to lying about my n0 Elohcin and n1 G-Man peeks. :mafia:

Why lie? Well, that's a good question, isn't it?

What do you mean by "is the point of multiple people claiming to be the investigator to provide the real investigator to join the mix?" I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

As to why you moved on my list, the only reason you were blue on my first list was because you were my peek. The second list is an accurate reflection of how I judge your actions this game, absent any confirmed/inside information. So you never really "shifted" in my thoughts; you've always in reality been right about where you are in my second list.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head, regarding your "long post", I appreciate your clarification regarding Elo. I'll keep it in mind.

With respect to your questions as to why I peeked Elo, someone I can't read, and have since withdrawn it, well, that's a good question. :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Hi I am here and rather ashamed of myself thus far. Sorry for voting Sloonei over such a chickenshit reason.
If you're being sincere, then I feel for you, but you need to get your head into the game and at least try to come up with a game-related thought. You don't seem to care.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

CFD Metalmarsh

His D1 vote was crap and he's not engaging at all in the game. He also has no one peeking for him, nor has he given any peeks.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

If you're being sincere, then I feel for you, but you need to get your head into the game and at least try to come up with a game-related thought. You don't seem to care.
That's not true. I have not played a mafia game where I never cared, and this is not the first time either.

Linki: I guess 60 seconds is more than enough time for me to read and respond.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Then engage with me now. Convince me you're civilian and worth saving. Convince me you have some thoughts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Show me you do care, MM, fight for your life.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have no intention of keeping up with you post-for-post if that's what you're looking for MP.

I feel like you're forcing me to put on a show. I don't have any interest in partaking. I don't even have anything to defend.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have no intention of keeping up with you post-for-post if that's what you're looking for MP.

I feel like you're forcing me to put on a show. I don't have any interest in partaking. I don't even have anything to defend.
If you have literally nothing to contribute to the game, then I don't see why you should be kept around.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not asking you to defend yourself or keep up with me post-for-post. Not sure where you got that impression. I'm merely asking that you contribute something. I'm trying to get you into the game.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, I'm not sure what to do. I was going to vote Sorsha, but Wilgy has voted her too. And he has given a peek that has been confirmed correct. It would make me want to vote Sorsha even more under normal circumstances but given the fact he wasn't killed by the mafia I don't feel I can trust him yet either. Argh
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote: Wow, you've not only made me doubt myself but you as well. :suspish: This scenario is a baddie's wet dream. If Wilgy is civ you've just laid the foundation for getting two mislynches for the price of one. You're "wary of thread-steering?" That might be the least Llama-like thing I've seen you say. The civ Llama I know feels strongly in his convictions, and attempts to get the rest of the thread to follow his lead. Would you be wary of your own behavior in games where you've done that? I feel like I'm right about something and I want people to talk about it instead of brushing it off. The timing of this post right after MP casts some doubt about me seems off. Why would you come after me if I'm wrong if you yourself are sold on my case?
I like to keep you guessing. I don't think it is an unLLamalike thing to say at all, though. Maybe you are sincere in your convictions, maybe you are steering the thread for your own benefit. They are not the same thing, though they may look it from the outside. Do you want to abandon leading your lynch wagon now that you know there might be consequences for lynching a civ?
What a silly question, of course there's consequences to lynching a civ. You're preemptively setting up those consequences even though you agree with me. This doesn't change how I feel about Wilgy but it affects how I feel about you, and Wilgy is a piece in the llama puzzle too now.

I still think Wilgy is bad though. His defense was pretty measured, I find civ Wilgy to be a bit more animated. and he voted in the same post where he defended himself and then peaced out again.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Spacedaisy wrote:Turnip, did you give one peek or two?
Two.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip, answer me this one:

Considering Wilgy did put out Sloonei as his n0 peek, wouldn't he (and his teammates) specifically have tried to avoid a situation where Sloonei was lynched d1, to avoid this exact conundrum because he wouldn't be killed n1?

Return to “Previous Heists”