DrWilgy
No votes
Elohcin
13%
nijuukyugou
13%
Sorsha
No votes
Yubaba! Please turn me into a marmot! (Hosts/nps/deads)
73%

Total votes: 15
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201

Re: Spirited Away Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by DrWilgy »

Can someone please chime in on my Eloh thoughts. My perspective is a big part of it, so if multiple people think through/reexplain it thier own way I'll be able to judge my opinion better.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 238

Post by S~V~S »

Also, bearly possible that secret roles may have a choice of powers. And powers fitting the original source is usually not done here completely as not everyone is familiar with the source,and that would hinder those who did not see it

@Hosts~ does one need to have seen the movie to understand how the roles work?

Linki ~ I think Eloh is more involved when she is bad. When she is civ she tends to lose interest unless she has BTSC.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Quin »

I agree with you that Elohcin lied about your tunneling Wilgy, but I see her recovery more as damage control than changing her story. I don't think it's indicative of her alignment.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think "lying" =/= "perceiving things differently"
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:I think "lying" =/= "perceiving things differently"
True, but it was pretty clear that Wilgy has been open to all sorts of options, so I don't see how it could be perceived as such.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry if I was unbearably clear,that was aimed at Wilgy,not you :)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Most of my thoughts come from the idea that baddies are more likely to ctrlF thier name than civvies. Something like that would definitely cause this reaction.

Lying or not lying, I don't see civ perceiving my actions that way. I think my actions would best be perceived like how Quin did in terms of civ like nature. "Hard to read due to my all over the place attitude"

Which is almost the opposite of tunneling.

Dom, SVS, Quin, and Sig what do you specifically think of this part here:
I guess the gist is, if Eloh thinks that Matt and I are bad based on me tunneling (which matches Matt's meta), a civilian wouldn't resign themselves to tunnel as a response to baddie tunneling.

Does this match civ behavior?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote:Most of my thoughts come from the idea that baddies are more likely to ctrlF thier name than civvies. Something like that would definitely cause this reaction.

Nope I do this as a civ too, Civs get falsely accused.
DrWilgy wrote:Lying or not lying, I don't see civ perceiving my actions that way. I think my actions would best be perceived like how Quin did in terms of civ like nature. "Hard to read due to my all over the place attitude"

Everyone perceives things differently.
DrWilgy wrote:Dom, SVS, Quin, and Sig what do you specifically think of this part here:
I guess the gist is, if Eloh thinks that Matt and I are bad based on me tunneling (which matches Matt's meta), a civilian wouldn't resign themselves to tunnel as a response to baddie tunneling.

I think you are thinking of what is civ in very black & white terms. It feels like you are trying to suit the thread to fit your thoughts. This things can be the same, or they can be *polar* opposites.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That was unbearable!!

Fixed :)
DrWilgy wrote:Most of my thoughts come from the idea that baddies are more likely to ctrlF thier name than civvies. Something like that would definitely cause this reaction.
Nope I do this as a civ too, Civs get falsely accused.
DrWilgy wrote:Lying or not lying, I don't see civ perceiving my actions that way. I think my actions would best be perceived like how Quin did in terms of civ like nature. "Hard to read due to my all over the place attitude"

Everyone perceives things differently.
DrWilgy wrote:Dom, SVS, Quin, and Sig what do you specifically think of this part here:

I think you are thinking of what is civ in very black & white terms. It feels like you are trying to suit the thread to fit your thoughts. This things can be the same, or they can be *polar* opposites.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Like I said earlier, Wilgy, I am still with you. But you seem to have a mob mentality going on,which is something I don;t associate with you. Idon't wanttolosemy bearings here,so I am going to bed before I overthink it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't think there is such thing as 'civ behaviour', so I think it's pointless trying to discuss whether or not tunneling is civ behaviour or not.

If you're going to have that discussion, you should be asking whether a certain person would do this if they were civ. With that being said, other than my brief encounter with her in Turf Wars, I haven't played with Elohcin, so I have no idea whether she would or would not tunnel as she is.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Those are responses valid and I feel good about them. I guess we will see.

"X is the reason why I think someone is bad, I'll do X" Is the root cause of my thoughts. It feels like a contradiction that a civ wouldn't do because of X already being defined as baddie behavior by the player that defined X.

Theory theory theory....

*Wilgy spins quickly and paces off, his labcoat looked really cool as he did this*
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Dom »

Lying or not lying, I don't see civ perceiving my actions that way. I think my actions would best be perceived like how Quin did in terms of civ like nature. "Hard to read due to my all over the place attitude"

Dom, SVS, Quin, and Sig what do you specifically think of this part here:

I don't know why they're mutually exclusive.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Spirited Away Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Scotty wrote:How do we feel about sprityo?
I wish the host had called him "spit" or "spirit" in the shorthand post, that would have been lulz.

Other than that, zero thoughts. Which is alarming. What thoughts have you? Or did you already say (then I will be em*bear*ased)
I've briefly mentioned him.
Scotty wrote:I just reread all of Llama's interactions and the timeline of suspicion. I think there's a lot of good stuff to draw from.

SVS starts the suspicion and keeps him in her crosshairs. Sig joins her in suspicion, as well as Wilgy, for his slandering of no-lynchers.

Llama finds Wilgette pingy even though she is a newb. This looks great for Wilgette being civ, though it doesn't guarantee anything since newbies never get lynched on this site day 1.
Sloonei looks the best in this situation. Llama continually says he doesn't have any reads on people except constantly reminding people he thinks Sloonei "seems off". Sloonei joins the suspicion train.

Right about this time, Matt brings the offensive against sig, complwtelt avoiding the discussion of llama. I think of all the people here, Matt looks the worst. I'll explain more in depth later.

LC posts his thoughts, including llama as a "viable lynch candidate" but only sprinkling that low-level suspicion in a block of reads. He then votes Quin, who had no traction, because Wilgy- the main vote getter at the time- seemed civ to LC. Avoiding the "Viable lynch candidate" in llama. LC is neutral-leaning scum for me.

Sprityo swoops in and quotes 2 things, one being llama's post about his opinion on the no-lynch option. Sprityo disregards his opinion on llama by saying he disagrees with the semantics of a no/lynch, and offering literally no reads in his abbreviated "synopsis". Neutral leaning scum for me.
thellama73 wrote:Both Matt and Long Con are reading Civ to me, so I find Wilgy's accusation of chaos on LC weird. I guess I could vote for Wilgy today, but Sloonei still has my eye.
So this looks especially good for Wilgy and Sloonei. Doesn't look great for LC or Matt.
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:Quin is a bit suspicious to me. Looks a little like he jumped on Wilgy when the temperature started to heat up a tiny bit.
I didn't like his reactions to some things during my catchup read.
What do you think of Scotty?

What do you think of Long Con?
I think Scotty is Civ. I think Long Con is a dangerous man to mess with. :feb: And also, Long Con is a Civ, so stop trying to lynch him please.
Long Con, you are always so tricksy. I hope you are not tricking me today.
Lalalalala it's like Scrooge throwing money at his reflection in the mirror! ITS CHRISTMAS AND YOU DESERVE ALL OF MY OWN MONEY, MR SCROOGE

I'm only on page 7. Need to go to bed
i just had $142 of sushi an hour ago and while it was very tasty and filling, I came VERY close to throwing up while dancing just now.

Moral: if you're going to scarf sushi, make sure you don't have a strenuous activity to put you in puketown
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Sorsha »

Ok, I'm sorry I've been more absent than usual so far this game. I feel like I need a bit of a Mafia break soon but I am still going to try my best here. I just caught up on today's posts...
Quin wrote:Sloonei going first brings me back to Zodiac mafia where Epi, Sorscha and I killed him night 1. Sorscha, was this you, buddy?
No, it wasn't.. was it you? You were the one who wanted him dead in that game iirc.
S~V~S wrote:I think Faraday could be bad. His vote for Dom was weak. Plus Llama did seem to get miffed about Sorshas faraday vote.

I think I am bear-y suspicious of Faraday.
I thought llama was irritated that I didn't save him. I'll have to go see what df's readon for voting Dom was. You feel good about Dom though?
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:What does DF have to do with any of this?
Nothing. It was a throw away vote on someone who had no votes. Sorry if you're civ but I didn't want to get involved in the close vote/ tie situation.
GOT iT!!! sriracha is a non-commital type of baddIE!!

Games solved! Lets eat CAKE!!!

Okay this is my theory. I think Matt is bad bad bad. I think Wilgy is bad bad bad. Last game I was in with Matt he was bad. He tunneled me like nothing I've ever seen before. Anyone remember that? He talked about no one and nothing by getting me lynched. I think he and Wilgy are bad together and I think he has convinced Wilgy in BTSC to tunnel me this game. I am voting Matt today. If he isn;t lynched, I will vote him tomorrow. And the next day. And once he is lynched I will go after Wilgy. If you hate that I am going to play the game this way, hate it. I don't care. I REALLY think I am right about this and I am not letting Matt survive all game as a baddie again.
What game was this? I remember zebra tunneling you all game long in Rocky & Bullwinkle also. Is this becoming some kind of tactic against you?
Scotty wrote:I do think that if Matt doesn't turn up bad (which I think he will) then LC is out next to go after. Yubaba may have turned him into a pig, but that's a crafty maneuver that I wouldn't put past LC's team to do. It builds cred. Why LC? It's not like he is the most trustworthy person around town. Wouldn't Yubaba want to do it to someone a little more trusted? It seems too convenient.

Also Wilgy sure is acting stinky. :goofp:
It's one of those powers that's good for self- targeting (or teammate targeting). Who do you think would have been a "more trusted" target for her to target?
DrWilgy wrote:NOO!! do not lynch hooman MATT first!!! hoOman MATT listens to tem!!!

lynch PIG LC, hoomans CUUUUTE!!! pig NOT cute!!
As someone who has been lynched while silenced (shakes fist at Matt) I think we should put LC on the back burner for today until he can defend himself. Lynching a silenced player is mean.
sig wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking how many votes Matt is getting. He's acting weird, but it just feels Matt-weird, not shady baddie behavior weird.
I dislike this post, Matt only has three votes? DF is making it seem like he is being bandwagoned and most players are voting for him.
What don't you like about it? Does DF defending Matt make one or both of them bad? Who are you suspicious of?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sorsha wrote:Ok, I'm sorry I've been more absent than usual so far this game. I feel like I need a bit of a Mafia break soon but I am still going to try my best here. I just caught up on today's posts...
Quin wrote:Sloonei going first brings me back to Zodiac mafia where Epi, Sorscha and I killed him night 1. Sorscha, was this you, buddy?
No, it wasn't.. was it you? You were the one who wanted him dead in that game iirc.
S~V~S wrote:I think Faraday could be bad. His vote for Dom was weak. Plus Llama did seem to get miffed about Sorshas faraday vote.

I thought llama was irritated that I didn't save him. I'll have to go see what df's readon for voting Dom was. You feel good about Dom though?
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:What does DF have to do with any of this?
Nothing. It was a throw away vote on someone who had no votes. Sorry if you're civ but I didn't want to get involved in the close vote/ tie situation.
GOT iT!!! sriracha is a non-commital type of baddIE!!

Games solved! Lets eat CAKE!!!

Okay this is my theory. I think Matt is bad bad bad. I think Wilgy is bad bad bad. Last game I was in with Matt he was bad. He tunneled me like nothing I've ever seen before. Anyone remember that? He talked about no one and nothing by getting me lynched. I think he and Wilgy are bad together and I think he has convinced Wilgy in BTSC to tunnel me this game. I am voting Matt today. If he isn;t lynched, I will vote him tomorrow. And the next day. And once he is lynched I will go after Wilgy. If you hate that I am going to play the game this way, hate it. I don't care. I REALLY think I am right about this and I am not letting Matt survive all game as a baddie again.
What game was this? I remember zebra tunneling you all game long in Rocky & Bullwinkle also. Is this becoming some kind of tactic against you?
Scotty wrote:I do think that if Matt doesn't turn up bad (which I think he will) then LC is out next to go after. Yubaba may have turned him into a pig, but that's a crafty maneuver that I wouldn't put past LC's team to do. It builds cred. Why LC? It's not like he is the most trustworthy person around town. Wouldn't Yubaba want to do it to someone a little more trusted? It seems too convenient.

Also Wilgy sure is acting stinky. :goofp:
It's one of those powers that's good for self- targeting (or teammate targeting). Who do you think would have been a "more trusted" target for her to target?
DrWilgy wrote:NOO!! do not lynch hooman MATT first!!! hoOman MATT listens to tem!!!

lynch PIG LC, hoomans CUUUUTE!!! pig NOT cute!!
As someone who has been lynched while silenced (shakes fist at Matt) I think we should put LC on the back burner for today until he can defend himself. Lynching a silenced player is mean.
sig wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking how many votes Matt is getting. He's acting weird, but it just feels Matt-weird, not shady baddie behavior weird.
I dislike this post, Matt only has three votes? DF is making it seem like he is being bandwagoned and most players are voting for him.
What don't you like about it? Does DF defending Matt make one or both of them bad? Who are you suspicious of?
It was Epi, actually. :meany:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:I noticed you voted for me and your reasons were half assed.
It was a Day 1 vote, and I needed to vote somewhere. That was all I had. :shrug2:

But in your first post mentioning my vote, you were waffly, almost slightly defending me, so it's weird that you turn around and are super-confident that I'm bad.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty, do you think Bubbles is civ now?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 60

Post by sig »

Dom wrote:So, sig, do we lynch DFaraday or Matt?
Matt today, I'm still unsure on DF.
Another interesting point agaisnt matt. Look at the roles the mafia has a plus one lynch, why didn't they use it to save llama?
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@ Eloh, I am beary beary sure that Matt tunnels everyone, good or bad, that is just the gestalt of that which we know as Matt :shrug:

Since Matt has so much suspicion, rereading him will be todays task.

Recently the trend has been to read people in "iso"; I have been going back to the old way and trying to read people in context. It came to me in Turf Wars when the prisoners all came in having no idea what was going on in the main thread. They did all kinds of iso readings, but were missing the nuance of context, imo.Context is harder though :omg:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Clipped from Sorsha:
S~V~S wrote:
I think Faraday could be bad. His vote for Dom was weak. Plus Llama did seem to get miffed about Sorshas faraday vote.

But he also said "What did Faraday do"(or something to that effect; I am bear-a-phrasing). That was what took it out of just irritation with you for me.

And based on his day one, yeah, I do feel pretty OK about Dom. Although I will never feel good enough about Dom to ever rezz him again in any game ever, I feel good enough about him in general.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Sorsha, I'm suspicious of MAtt not really of DF at the moment. However, his line of defense was odd?
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:I don't think there is such thing as 'civ behaviour', so I think it's pointless trying to discuss whether or not tunneling is civ behaviour or not.

If you're going to have that discussion, you should be asking whether a certain person would do this if they were civ. With that being said, other than my brief encounter with her in Turf Wars, I haven't played with Elohcin, so I have no idea whether she would or would not tunnel as she is.
Sure there is such a thing as civ behavior for individuals. Some more so than others depending on the situation. For the most part (everyone has exceptions) happy jolly joking Eloh has good BTSC; could be civ, could be bad. Cranky annoyed Eloh does not. This is mutually exclusive of tunneling. Based on this, not on tunneling, I would give only the bearest consideration to Eloh being bad. She seems annoyed in general with the way the thread is going ( :hugs: not a criticism, Eloh, just an observation) and whil I am OK with it, I can understand why.

@sig,no opinionon DF?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, no opionon *ON* DF

(sometimes my typing is bearly legible)
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 247

Post by G-Man »

Sorry for absence
Getting harder to sneak time
In on the weekends
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:I don't think there is such thing as 'civ behaviour', so I think it's pointless trying to discuss whether or not tunneling is civ behaviour or not.

Sure there is such a thing as civ behavior for individuals. Some more so than others depending on the situation. For the most part (everyone has exceptions) happy jolly joking Eloh has good BTSC; could be civ, could be bad. Cranky annoyed Eloh does not. This is mutually exclusive of tunneling. Based on this, not on tunneling, I would give only the bearest consideration to Eloh being bad. She seems annoyed in general with the way the thread is going ( :hugs: not a criticism, Eloh, just an observation) and whil I am OK with it, I can understand why.

@sig,no opinionon DF?
Like I said he is null to me, his post about matt was pingy, but not that much. If Matt flips mafia which I believe he will it would make me more suspicious of DF.
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Going to read from
Night 1 on gradually
Then look at ISO's
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:@Sorsha, I'm suspicious of MAtt not really of DF at the moment. However, his line of defense was odd?
I guess i was unclear, this happens em-bear-assingly often; sorry about that. What was off about his line of defense, and why would Matt flipping bad give you a stronger feel about DF?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:Sorry for absence
In on the weekends
Yeah sometimes getting time to catch up is im-paws-ible.

I look forward to your insights.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 35

Re: Spirited Away Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Soneji »

sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Putting my vote on thellama
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Both Matt and Long Con are reading Civ to me, so I find Wilgy's accusation of chaos on LC weird. I guess I could vote for Wilgy today, but Sloonei still has my eye.
Why Sloonei? I see nothing alarming there.
I just thought Sloonei's reaction to my criticism of the no lynch option (which I make in basically every game) was a little defensive and OTT. It's only a slight ping, but I don't have anything much stronger to go on right now.
This is the only post I've made that touches on the no lynch discussion at all:
Sloonei wrote:Let's stop talking about no lynches now. Guess what movie I watched last night instead.
Where's the overreaction to llama's involvement? What I did react to, however, was llama's extremely vague comment that Sloonei seems "a little off" as an extrenely weak way of stating a suspicion. He brushed it off by saying it's Day 1, and now he's backing up the suspicion again here with something that is entirely false. The Llama ain't looking good here.

I disagree with llama here, and I dislike his accusation. However, I'm unsure if this makes him mafia. It does seem like he could've been trying to set you up, but as I said I'm not sure if that is the case.

@Wilgy do you want to get lynched day 1?
This post caught my attention as it added too much defense to his own stance. I can't think of the proper word I want to use here but he says hes unsure if this makes Llama mafia twice in this same small post, despite disliking his actions. Its pussyfooting around taking a hard stance. Fence sitting feels like it works out as the term for it, though not the word I wanted to use.

G-Man wrote:Dom posts lots of fluff
But some strong questions in there
Leaning positive
Strong questions like:
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I've never seen this, so I have no idea about the background, but it should be a great game!
are you bad
Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hi all!

My role is a cute little boy.

Note: I haven't looked at my role yet.
are you bad
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I have seen Mononoke, I have not seen this. But it looks interesting,I will try this week.

I don't know that it would count as a role claim if everyone did it?

Hosts, sorry if I missed it~ hat do Bath Tokens do?
You wanna know? Should I bring my good ass guesses to this game as well?
Quin, why are you bad this game?

Wilgette are you mafia?
I've been a good boy.
are you bad
Dom wrote:
DrWilgette wrote:
thellama73 wrote: You won't tell us whether you are mafia or not? What possible motivation could you have to be vague on this?
Since you asked nicely, and you're not Wilgy, I will tell you that I am not bad :D
Could this duck's face lie?
Is Wilgy bad
Dom hasn't really done much in trying to answer the actual question, seems more interested in asking others who should be lynched. Him doing haikus earlier kind of felt like buddying/blending as well.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Soneji, the same question to you as to Faraday regarding post count re content; have you read the roles?

Generally, I bearly read the roles in any depth, but in this game I was glad I did.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:@Hosts: Would Mr.Radish's ability still work the phase after he is NK'd?

linki - :shrug: I've been murked while silenced before and it kinda felt like one of those "It is what it is" type situations, but I guess it boils down to opinion though. "Which is the worse of the two evils?" type question I guess.
Yes. If a player is nightkilled, their power still goes through normally.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

S~V~S wrote:Soneji, the same question to you as to Faraday regarding post count re content; have you read the roles?

Generally, I bearly read the roles in any depth, but in this game I was glad I did.
I have skimmed over them. I will look them over more in-depth when I feel its pertinent.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Also, bearly possible that secret roles may have a choice of powers. And powers fitting the original source is usually not done here completely as not everyone is familiar with the source,and that would hinder those who did not see it

@Hosts~ does one need to have seen the movie to understand how the roles work?

Linki ~ I think Eloh is more involved when she is bad. When she is civ she tends to lose interest unless she has BTSC.
No, watching the film should not give you a leg up on anyone who hasn't.

All roles have been written as explicitly as possible. If there are (Secrets) involved, they are intended to be unknown to everyone but the user.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Clipped from Sorsha:
S~V~S wrote:
I think Faraday could be bad. His vote for Dom was weak. Plus Llama did seem to get miffed about Sorshas faraday vote.

But he also said "What did Faraday do"(or something to that effect; I am bear-a-phrasing). That was what took it out of just irritation with you for me.

And based on his day one, yeah, I do feel pretty OK about Dom. Although I will never feel good enough about Dom to ever rezz him again in any game ever, I feel good enough about him in general.
What if I'm lynched? :scared:
Soneji wrote:
G-Man wrote:Dom posts lots of fluff
But some strong questions in there
Leaning positive
Strong questions like:
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I've never seen this, so I have no idea about the background, but it should be a great game!
are you bad
Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hi all!

My role is a cute little boy.

Note: I haven't looked at my role yet.
are you bad
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I have seen Mononoke, I have not seen this. But it looks interesting,I will try this week.

I don't know that it would count as a role claim if everyone did it?

Hosts, sorry if I missed it~ hat do Bath Tokens do?
You wanna know? Should I bring my good ass guesses to this game as well?
Quin, why are you bad this game?

Wilgette are you mafia?
I've been a good boy.
are you bad
Dom wrote:
DrWilgette wrote:
thellama73 wrote: You won't tell us whether you are mafia or not? What possible motivation could you have to be vague on this?
Since you asked nicely, and you're not Wilgy, I will tell you that I am not bad :D
Could this duck's face lie?
Is Wilgy bad
Dom hasn't really done much in trying to answer the actual question, seems more interested in asking others who should be lynched. Him doing haikus earlier kind of felt like buddying/blending as well.
I did quite a bit more than what you are saying. This is a false narrative.

I posted two verses from Hamilton. That's hardly haiku nor is it "fluff" when I have posted about plenty of other subjects.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You don't think probing people for opinions is useful?

Soneji who are you suspicious of?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Soneji wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Soneji, the same question to you as to Faraday regarding post count re content; have you read the roles?

I have skimmed over them. I will look them over more in-depth when I feel its pertinent.
I am asking you becasue I think it IS pertinent ;)

It is bearly pawsible ( Image ) to have a truly informed opinion without reading the roles.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Without reading much
Eloh, Niju, and Sorsha
Have sketchiest votes
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Well that suck'd

G-Man, you're in charge of submitting the kill. I'd recommend SVS or Sorsha, that'd keep the game going in a good direction.
I don't see a role that's in charge of the kill. It looks like a team kill. My opinion is that Wilgy is trying to deceive us. I don't think a baddie would be likely to pull a dumb trick like this. I think maybe Wilgy is the Stink Spirit, and is trying to get attention. Stinky can't be lynched or nightkilled, so he's got to have some other game going on. I don't want to be part of that game. I'm feeling like ignoring Wilgy altogether is a good idea.
Something about this
Does not sit well with me but
I cannot tell why
My Banners:
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

I read through the roles and didn't see much that seemed to really matter that I wasn't already aware of. I don't generally care about the hinting game but I'll take them into account if I see them, as one of many factors to consider.

@Dom: You, sig and slightly Scotty are the only ones to have pinged me of those alive. I am not caught up fully yet though. Asking for opinions is fine, doing so with a lack of really putting yours out there is not. Its all about context.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Well that suck'd

G-Man, you're in charge of submitting the kill. I'd recommend SVS or Sorsha, that'd keep the game going in a good direction.
I don't see a role that's in charge of the kill. It looks like a team kill. My opinion is that Wilgy is trying to deceive us. I don't think a baddie would be likely to pull a dumb trick like this. I think maybe Wilgy is the Stink Spirit, and is trying to get attention. Stinky can't be lynched or nightkilled, so he's got to have some other game going on. I don't want to be part of that game. I'm feeling like ignoring Wilgy altogether is a good idea.
Something about this
Does not sit well with me but
I cannot tell why
Yeah, this bothered me as well. It is so oddly specific re the Stink Spirit. Plus Wilgy was (and is) at the head of the LC suspecters; it feels like LC is trying to tell us to just ignore him, yeah, he's the Stink Spirit, that's the ticket.

This is one of the things I want to hear LCs explanation for when he can talk. The wait is unbearable!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Quin wrote: It was Epi, actually. :meany:
Ok, you're right I went and checked. :p

But you did agree saying that Sloonei would figure you out eventually though. I don't think you would want to go along with another Sloon night 1 kill if you could help it though.

I had some stuff I wanted to ask DF that I need to go find...
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Spirited Away Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:Going back and forth from page 1 to figure out who is who was too much of a pain so here's a reference of what appears to be everyone's nicknames.

Bubbles - Coffee
DFaraday - Dwarf
Dom - BoB's Host
DrWilgette - Mrs Tem
DrWilgy - Mr Tem
Elohcin - Cakes
G-Man - Haiku
Long Con - Tricks
Matt - Bern
nijuukyugou - Bloop
Quin - Q
S~V~S - ~
Scotty - Scotch
sig - Gis
Soneji - One
Sorsha - Mafia MVP
sprityo - Yo
I am beyond surprised I am known for hosting that game. :D
I refer to it
In my signature quote but
It comes from Watchmen
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Soneji wrote:I read through the roles and didn't see much that seemed to really matter that I wasn't already aware of. I don't generally care about the hinting game but I'll take them into account if I see them, as one of many factors to consider.

@Dom: You, sig and slightly Scotty are the only ones to have pinged me of those alive. I am not caught up fully yet though. Asking for opinions is fine, doing so with a lack of really putting yours out there is not. Its all about context.
You got a lot to learn about me, my friend.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What's good everyone?
Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Well, whatever caught my eye earlier that I wanted to ask DF about has eluded me now.

Hi wilgy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote:What's good everyone?
Me. I am beary beary good today :)

You?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

sig wrote:
It is curious
He read Llama like Llama
And now Matt like Matt
My Banners:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:
What you think is untrue. I am more involved in speed games where I can get my head around what is going on and keep up. I am less involved in big games b/c I have trouble keeping up. However, since 2016 has begun, I have only been in small games (except for one) and I have been equally involved in all of those small games whether good or bad.

As for the tunneling. Yes, I perceived Wilgy's actions as tunneling. It was only until I pointed it out, then he backed off a bit. But, that doesn't change the fact that it was tunneling to begin with and I stick by my theory. If Matt turns out to be bad, then I am almost sure that Wilgy is too.

@SVS, were you in the last game with Matt and me when he tunneled me? I have seen Matt tunnel, but I have never seen ANYONE tunnel like Matt did in that last game. He gets my vote, I don't plan on moving it.
S~V~S wrote:
You are right that I don't like the way the game is going. I love some lightheartedness in games. I like to hear how people are doing and what's new in their lives. I like joking around a bit. But I also like people to take the game seriously. I think its a waste of my time when players act stupidly or don't care. I think it's disrespectful to the host as well, who has put time into the making of the game. And I know you aren't criticizing. I think you've made a pretty good observation. However, I think I have become a better player this year (taking on only small games) and I think my "poker face" is better. I still don't know how Epi can always seem to read me, but I think my playing has become more neutral and I have less of a baddie vs civ game and more consistency whether I have BTSC or not. At least I like to think so :p
G-Man wrote:Sorry for absence
In on the weekends
Are y'all the kind of family that likes to go and do stuff all weekend? haha, Epi and I are usually happy to stay home and rest all day on Saturday.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S has the
Utmost adorable curse
That I've ever seen
My Banners: