Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by G-Man »

A bit of advice for Ricochet- the shorter the sentence, the less insanified it will be. Running big blocks of text together yields the kind of results you are getting. Try keeping your sentences short and running each sentence through the insanifier separately. :nicenod: ;)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man wrote:A bit of advice for Ricochet- the shorter the sentence, the less insanified it will be. Running big blocks of text together yields the kind of results you are getting. Try keeping your sentences short and running each sentence through the insanifier separately. :nicenod: ;)
Chowchow
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Ricochet wrote:
G-Man wrote:A bit of advice for Ricochet- the shorter the sentence, the less insanified it will be. Running big blocks of text together yields the kind of results you are getting. Try keeping your sentences short and running each sentence through the insanifier separately. :nicenod: ;)
Chowchow
Apparently one word answers aren't immune but I had luck with short sentences when I was insanified several games ago.

I'll be merging my notes and posting my player read lists after lunch. My wife is working on end-of-year report cards this weekend, which means no travel plans. I'll be able to check in quite often.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Chowchow
Apparently one word answers aren't immune but I had luck with short sentences when I was insanified several games ago.

I'll be merging my notes and posting my player read lists after lunch. My wife is working on end-of-year report cards this weekend, which means no travel plans. I'll be able to check in quite often.
I think the most reasonable reply, G-Man, would have been, "You're welcome."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Dammit, RIP Juliets. What a sucky way to go, just when we were wrapping up, too. :dark:
*indiglowing*
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Chowchow

Actually, the insanifier does not work that way. More like a certain percentage change, calculated individually for each word, that it will be changed.
Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we all!

So I'm still waiting to hear a real argument on the "Claim your a Cylon" to stop the immunity thing here and not one of you has still managed to give me a good reason with provided evident reason to do what your asking. You want me to Claim Cylon in order to stop a cylon from using immunity. It does not work that way. So on my logical though process it is a waste of my time to claim something that potentially saves no one. Your asking me to go against my moral compass and jump on the band wagon for the greater good? I don't see this as for the greater good or bad.

I understand that there is a chance that a civilian/townie will get Lynched, but a bunch of you seem so certain that some people are who you think they are but yet you've not banded together to commit to a common cause.

Basically all I've gotten so far is "Save me, Save me" from getting lynched. What incentive do I have on saving you? Jumping on your band wagon. For all I know your a Cylon trying to manipulate everyone. To what end? I have no idea. Its a good way to stay hidden that's for darn sure.

You can Lynch me, but I can tell you that your most certainly Lynching a Human! To be honest with the pressure and lack of evidence I feel like I should hold firm to my position and tell you where to go. But I'm looking for something that actually makes sense to me. Until I see it, I'm not going to claim. As I stated, I stick to my convictions until proven otherwise in a way I understand. So help me! Or not! Your choice.
I will vote for you any time it looks like that vote will contribute to your lynch. You are bad. The pink line up there is a lazy lie. "Waste of time", WTF????? "Waste of time"??

How slow do you type, that "I am a Cylon" is too much of a waste of your time????
You know LC, right up until this post you had me feeling like you were genuine but this was absolutely the most ridiculous thing you have said so far. You know damn well that he did not mean literally the act of typing.

You've made my decision today very easy.

Vote: Long Con
I'm sorry that my perspective doesn't match yours, Spacedaisy. I don't know what else "waste of time" could mean. I wasn't trying to be ridiculous, I thought that using that excuse was the ridiculous thing here. I consider that whole paragraph to be very dishonest. He acts as though he doesn't understand the claiming plan, and I don't believe that anyone, at this point, doesn't get it.

He feigns a lack of understanding of the plan, he says it would be a waste of his time to claim, and from that point on, he indulges in roleplaying to hammer his phony point home. "Moral compass" my ass, I'm sorry, but come on...!

You think that I'm trying to, what, frame him up for something I don't believe? I'm not going to be saying anything that I don't believe, SD. Count on it. I didn't have to say anything, I have no urge to crucify Sokoth just 'because'. I read his post, and I think it's false. I spoke up about it. I think he's bad. Obviously you don't agree.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

You can dispense with the sarcasm sir, my vote is cast and I am quite comfortable with it. I don't think you are attempting to frame him, I think you are desperate to make any other case look as bad as you can in order to avoid your own lynch and that is definitely not a pro-town action. And clearly you didn't read my GTHs where I believe I marked SokothQultuq as bad. Not based on overwhelming evidence, just a grain of paranoia. I'm not here to defend his honor, rather I saw your post and it screamed bad to me. And I don't believe for one second you don't get what he was saying. If you had said, I get it but I don't think he is right, or even that you thought his real reason for arguing that viewpoint was to hold onto his lynch immunity, then I would not feel the same. But you came in and argued that he was saying that literally typing I am a cylon would take too long. That is ridiculous. You are a bad Indy IMO. And I think we will need to be rid of you.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Long Con, if you survive this lynch and even if you are Admiral Cain, I'll vote bloc Sokoth with you. He's def bad.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

RIP juliets.

Who sent the C6 sortie? I suppose I could go F5 it in the last few pages...hrm...
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:You can dispense with the sarcasm sir, my vote is cast and I am quite comfortable with it.

:confused: Where was I being sarcastic?
I don't think you are attempting to frame him, I think you are desperate to make any other case look as bad as you can in order to avoid your own lynch and that is definitely not a pro-town action.
"Desperate to make any other case look bad"?? Is that what I've been doing, really? I didn't really feel like I was getting lynched today, why would I be desperate? S~V~S, my biggest detractor, agreed to give me some time to prove myself, and I felt like that was how it was going to go.

I've done nothing at all to deserve the accusation that I'm "desperate to make any other case look bad".
And clearly you didn't read my GTHs where I believe I marked SokothQultuq as bad.
I read the GTH's. I didn't rush back to double-check what Spacedaisy said about Sokoth in the GTH's, and it's weird that you expected me to, enough to accuse me of not reading them at all just because... why? Because I didn't come flying back in your face that you are being inconsistent?? What did you expect me to say exactly to prove I read the GTH's?
Not based on overwhelming evidence, just a grain of paranoia. I'm not here to defend his honor, rather I saw your post and it screamed bad to me. And I don't believe for one second you don't get what he was saying. If you had said, I get it but I don't think he is right, or even that you thought his real reason for arguing that viewpoint was to hold onto his lynch immunity, then I would not feel the same. But you came in and argued that he was saying that literally typing I am a cylon would take too long. That is ridiculous.
I know it's ridiculous. His whole paragraph about it was ridiculous. I picked the most ridiculous part and focused on it, but when you blew up over it, I went through each part and explained why it, as a whole, was ridiculous. The fact that you want to focus on me for pointing it out, and are ignoring Sokoth's post entirely, despite being suspicious that he's bad, says something about you. It says you are more interested in getting rid of me than discussing a suspicious post by your supposed suspect.
You are a bad Indy IMO. And I think we will need to be rid of you.
Lynching me would be a waste of a lynch, which will only help the Cylons.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Matt wrote:Long Con, if you survive this lynch and even if you are Admiral Cain, I'll vote bloc Sokoth with you. He's def bad.
Thanks for the offer, Matt. Why do you think he's "def bad"?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dex wrote:Let us all sortie sector C6 together. According to my notes, only sector F1 remains.

@S~V~S or anyone else, the next time slot is 8:07 AM EST if you want to complete this task.
Was this the officially sent C6 sortie?

:suspish: @ Dex

I have no idea how game mechanics work, but a theory.

A bad cylon sends a sortie that actually hits a rezz ship will give a bittersweet reward to the Mafia by killing one of the nuggets. Derp?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:
Matt wrote:Long Con, if you survive this lynch and even if you are Admiral Cain, I'll vote bloc Sokoth with you. He's def bad.
I fully believe as a straight noob to Mafia, he would be looking to Daisy for guidance in situations like this where the town is conflicted.

He did not.

It's all I got, but I'm feelin' it man, I'm feelin' it!!!

Also his posts are full of...I dunno what, has he even named a single suspect yet?
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Matt wrote:
Dex wrote:Let us all sortie sector C6 together. According to my notes, only sector F1 remains.

@S~V~S or anyone else, the next time slot is 8:07 AM EST if you want to complete this task.
Was this the officially sent C6 sortie?

:suspish: @ Dex

I have no idea how game mechanics work, but a theory.

A bad cylon sends a sortie that actually hits a rezz ship will give a bittersweet reward to the Mafia by killing one of the nuggets. Derp?
You think that the identity of the Sortie caller affects the chance of death?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I fully believe as a straight noob to Mafia, he would be looking to Daisy for guidance in situations like this where the town is conflicted.

He did not.

Also his posts are full of...I dunno what, has he even named a single suspect yet?
Per the underline, I was referring to the mass claim that town has been conflicted on.

Linki - LC, I dunno, just spitballing. I have no idea what would cause one of our pilots to die, but that idea popped into my head.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, I'm conflicted on LC people, but he better not be the top vote getter today. Seriously, the top vote getter should be a non-claimer.

Oh, I said I was done arguing this huh? I lied. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:

He did not.

Per the underline, I was referring to the mass claim that town has been conflicted on.

Linki - LC, I dunno, just spitballing. I have no idea what would cause one of our pilots to die, but that idea popped into my head.
It's too much of an unknown to cast suspicion on Dex for it. I disagree with coming up with ideas of "what may be" and then lynching someone for those ideas.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think you're taking my theory too far, I never said lynch Dex. But I do think my idea is plausible and Dex should be looked at closer.

Before juliets died on his watch, I had Dex down as pure civ btw and was happy he was keeping up with the indiglo cause.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's plausible. I didn't say that you "said lynch Dex". I said you're casting suspicion on him. Which you are, right?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's plausible. I didn't say that you "said lynch Dex". I said you're casting suspicion on him. Which you are, right?
Shut yo mouth, Cain. XD
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's plausible. I didn't say that you "said lynch Dex". I said you're casting suspicion on him. Which you are, right?
Shut yo mouth, Cain. XD
I went back and looked at my post and saw why you referenced lynching Dex. The second part of that post was mostly about me, sorry for the confusion. :goofp:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Sokoth is here. Let's take him to the Brig and beat 'em while nobody's looking.
Image Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Long Con - You pose some valid points but you are far from the mark. I do not get on a Band wagon just because everyone says I should. I want solid valid reasons for doing so. All i'm asking is for something more than, it will save one person. I don't see it that way. The point is to vote out someone who is a Cylon. If were on the mark then both the first person, second and maybe even the third in line still should be a cylon. In Theory all the people being voted on should be Cylon. If not your wrong. You all made a mistake, and someone pays the price. My claming being a cylon does not effect that in the least. Its a simple chance that we all take in voting. And mind you voting on miss information that has been supplied or read. So again, I'm asking for someone to give me a proper reason or argument that makes sense for me to claim. Its as simple as that. I don't just do something because someone tells me too or because someone just thinks its fine.

I will agree to this point and quote it. "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one!" but since I don't see how my stating that I am a Cylon helps in the least. Again, Give me some logic that make sense and I will gladly state the claim. Until I see an argument that shows me that its worth me doing so. I'm not going too. Why is everyone so against providing me some logical reason beyond this misguided thought that it might save a life that's not a cylon? This troubles me just as much as my not claiming troubles you. Only stating that it will save a life that most likely is going to be a Cylon does not logically work. I've taken my stance, and I'm asking you to help me. It's a simple request asking for something more than what each of you people pushing this agenda have stated.

You can call me bad for that and I'm ok with that. You vote for me if you want too, and get a band wagon going but in the end your wrong. And when everyone else sees that I hope they see you and Polo for what you might truly be.

I believe it was Matt who asked if I had thrown out some suspicions, yes I did. It was only a hand full early on because of the reads I was able to get from people during the beginning. Some of those could very well be misreading people's random posts and outbursts but I did at least come to some decisions on about 4 or 5 people outside of that other than my most recent experiences with Long Con, Polo and yourself Matt I've not gotten any particular feelings about anyone. Your welcome to support long Con in Lynching me, no hard feelings there. You gotta go with your gut.

If you feel that I'm bad because I stick to my moral compass and do not jump on the entire band wagon here go for it. But I will tell you your wrong, and when I'm gone that's on you for putting your time and energy into lynching the wrong person. Just because I do not go with the gang mentality does not make me wrong. You've just not given me proper reason in my mind to state what your asking. Please, give me a reason! And not just "It will save a potential life."
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Matt wrote:Sokoth is here. Let's take him to the Brig and beat 'em while nobody's looking.
Matt - We barely know each other.. don't threaten me with a good time. LOL
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

SokothQultuq wrote:
Matt wrote:Sokoth is here. Let's take him to the Brig and beat 'em while nobody's looking.
Matt - We barely know each other.. don't threaten me with a good time. LOL
This guy. I like him.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

SokothQultuq wrote:Long Con - You pose some valid points but you are far from the mark. I do not get on a Band wagon just because everyone says I should. I want solid valid reasons for doing so. All i'm asking is for something more than, it will save one person. I don't see it that way. The point is to vote out someone who is a Cylon. If were on the mark then both the first person, second and maybe even the third in line still should be a cylon. In Theory all the people being voted on should be Cylon. If not your wrong. You all made a mistake, and someone pays the price. My claming being a cylon does not effect that in the least. Its a simple chance that we all take in voting. And mind you voting on miss information that has been supplied or read. So again, I'm asking for someone to give me a proper reason or argument that makes sense for me to claim. Its as simple as that. I don't just do something because someone tells me too or because someone just thinks its fine.

I will agree to this point and quote it. "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one!" but since I don't see how my stating that I am a Cylon helps in the least. Again, Give me some logic that make sense and I will gladly state the claim. Until I see an argument that shows me that its worth me doing so. I'm not going too. Why is everyone so against providing me some logical reason beyond this misguided thought that it might save a life that's not a cylon? This troubles me just as much as my not claiming troubles you. Only stating that it will save a life that most likely is going to be a Cylon does not logically work. I've taken my stance, and I'm asking you to help me. It's a simple request asking for something more than what each of you people pushing this agenda have stated.

You can call me bad for that and I'm ok with that. You vote for me if you want too, and get a band wagon going but in the end your wrong. And when everyone else sees that I hope they see you and Polo for what you might truly be.

I believe it was Matt who asked if I had thrown out some suspicions, yes I did. It was only a hand full early on because of the reads I was able to get from people during the beginning. Some of those could very well be misreading people's random posts and outbursts but I did at least come to some decisions on about 4 or 5 people outside of that other than my most recent experiences with Long Con, Polo and yourself Matt I've not gotten any particular feelings about anyone. Your welcome to support long Con in Lynching me, no hard feelings there. You gotta go with your gut.

If you feel that I'm bad because I stick to my moral compass and do not jump on the entire band wagon here go for it. But I will tell you your wrong, and when I'm gone that's on you for putting your time and energy into lynching the wrong person. Just because I do not go with the gang mentality does not make me wrong. You've just not given me proper reason in my mind to state what your asking. Please, give me a reason! And not just "It will save a potential life."
You... really don't understand the purpose of the "Everyone claim Cylon" plan?

Why are we asking everyone to claim Cylon, Sokoth?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I wish I still had my vote. :sigh:

Or I wish others would vote where I'm voting? :grin:
Image Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:Long Con - You pose some valid points but you are far from the mark. I do not get on a Band wagon just because everyone says I should. I want solid valid reasons for doing so. All i'm asking is for something more than, it will save one person. I don't see it that way. The point is to vote out someone who is a Cylon. If were on the mark then both the first person, second and maybe even the third in line still should be a cylon. In Theory all the people being voted on should be Cylon. If not your wrong. You all made a mistake, and someone pays the price. My claming being a cylon does not effect that in the least. Its a simple chance that we all take in voting. And mind you voting on miss information that has been supplied or read. So again, I'm asking for someone to give me a proper reason or argument that makes sense for me to claim. Its as simple as that. I don't just do something because someone tells me too or because someone just thinks its fine.

You... really don't understand the purpose of the "Everyone claim Cylon" plan?

Why are we asking everyone to claim Cylon, Sokoth?

I get the general idea yes, but what I don't see is a clear incentive for me to claim to be something I'm not when In my mind the logic does not sit right on why. I've said this a few times now.

If we all claim, sure that's awesome, the agenda is complete. It Nullifies the presidents law. I get that. But whats to stop the next? Or a new law of amnesty?

Ok, so if we all claim no one can claim again. I get that. But if we don't how is that different? Polo has stated that it Stops a Civi/Townie from dying. How if were voting for the right people?

Do you see what I mean? I think about this and perhaps my problem is that I'm over thinking it. But it seems to me that no matter what happens it can be countered, or it does not matter. Then again I have spent more time defending my position and trying to get something more as far as a reason to vote then if I had just said "I'm a cylon" but I would rather not because I don't see any benefit beyond "It Might save someone" the argument can be said from both sides.

Does that make sense?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Goldama can I have my vote back?

Ya'all should vote for the Klingon. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

I do hope Madam President repeals the Amnesty law now. It would be fun lynching our way through that list of non-declarers. I'd like to hear what they had to say for themselves then.
*indiglowing*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

SokothQultuq wrote:I get the general idea yes, but what I don't see is a clear incentive for me to claim to be something I'm not when In my mind the logic does not sit right on why. I've said this a few times now.

If we all claim, sure that's awesome, the agenda is complete. It Nullifies the presidents law. I get that.
That is a really good thing to do. If you don't see that, then I don't think you DO get it. If we don't nullify the law, then the result will very likely be that a Cylon will escape their lynch and a Civvie will die in their place. Do you not see how that is not merely undesirable, but is actually really really bad?
But whats to stop the next? Or a new law of amnesty?
Nothing, but this plan has nothing to do with what future laws might be. Optimistically, I'd like to believe that no more similar laws will be chosen by the President, given that this one was met with severe displeasure by most.
Ok, so if we all claim no one can claim again. I get that. But if we don't how is that different? Polo has stated that it Stops a Civi/Townie from dying. How if were voting for the right people?
Setting up a second and third in line is a good way to pad our losses, in case things go wrong. It stops a Civ from dying thusly: if we are lynching a Cylon who has not used their amnesty, the next player in line gets lynched. Because most baddie teams have BTSC, it makes it that much less likely that the second in line will be a baddie will be lynched.... because they'll be ready for the claim, and have arranged a non-baddie into second place by working together. OR the baddie in second will also claim. Down the line until a Civ lynch result.
Do you see what I mean? I think about this and perhaps my problem is that I'm over thinking it. But it seems to me that no matter what happens it can be countered, or it does not matter. Then again I have spent more time defending my position and trying to get something more as far as a reason to vote then if I had just said "I'm a cylon" but I would rather not because I don't see any benefit beyond "It Might save someone" the argument can be said from both sides.

Does that make sense?
It does not make sense to me. I costs you nothing at all to make the statement, and everyone making the statement will prevent bad guys from stopping their lynch and substituting a good guy.

What benefit are you getting from refusing to claim? What advantage are you thinking you get?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dex wrote:I do hope Madam President repeals the Amnesty law now. It would be fun lynching our way through that list of non-declarers. I'd like to hear what they had to say for themselves then.
This is Rico's witch hunt, personified.

I accused Sokoth because his reasons sounded false, not because he is in a list of non-declarers.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dex wrote:I do hope Madam President repeals the Amnesty law now. It would be fun lynching our way through that list of non-declarers. I'd like to hear what they had to say for themselves then.
Hi! What do you think of my theory on you? :mafia:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yo Faraday...

You have 11 posts and the least amount of posts then any other living player in the game. 30 less posts then the second least poster, Nero.

That's lurky. :eek:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex wrote:Dammit, RIP Juliets. What a sucky way to go, just when we were wrapping up, too. :dark:
hulky an unfortunate use of an emoji. :mafia:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Yo Faraday...

You have 11 posts and the least amount of posts then any other living player in the game. 30 less posts then the second least poster, Nero.

Matt doesn't know, obstetrics he?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
Dex wrote:Dammit, RIP Juliets. What a sucky way to go, just when we were wrapping up, too. :dark:
I thought maybe he was soft claiming Kat, but then I came up with my idea on him being an evil cylon.

I could go either way really.
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A question for Matt while he's around:
Matt wrote:Also, depending on what happens here rest of day, I think it's possible I may have been breached and may call for my own lynch on Day 4.

Don't ask me details, just sayin'. Deeeerp.
Are you able to explain any more about what on earth this post was about? It will help me place you on my reads lists.

linki: Matt, are you aware that Dex replaced Faraday?
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:

Matt doesn't know, obstetrics he?
Should we tell him?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
I thought maybe he was soft claiming Kat, but then I came up with my idea on him being an evil cylon.

I could go either way really.
scocub would Kat athleticism Dream Walker intercessory a way Wilfred Mott TokyoRose Wazzipi Enrique?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'd be down with lynching DFaraday at this point.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Aw, thanks for the no-linki, Syndicate site. G-Man spilled the beans. :) It's good to see you searching for more avenues of suspicion though, Matt. :haha: :clap:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

I honestly can't understand Sokoth's reluctance to claim. I think we've made it pretty clear, this prevents the Nero/LoRab situation from happening again and helps nullify this amnesty law in place. I've felt it has been explained thoroughly and completely many times. I'm not understanding why it's so hard. That said, I already decided I'm only gonna push the nonclaimers I think are bad and I'm not that convinced Sokoth is bad. Although my list of suspicious people is too short. Right now, Wilgy tops my list of suspects. I'm giving him a little more time to come back and answer questions like he told me he would, but if he doesn't, then I will be voting for him. I've already explained this one a few times.

Also, Dex seems better than D'Faraday but I was so suspicious of D'Faraday, I haven't dropped Dex off the list yet. He's not at the top right now though.

Long Con is just a general bad feeling overall and he's still on the list but also not at the top of it.

Other than that, Sokoth is fairly null despite having a genuine tone in his posts. Same with Glorfindel. I'd consider these two as well.

Everyone else I have a civ lean on.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

G-Man wrote:A question for Matt while he's around:
Matt wrote:Also, depending on what happens here rest of day, I think it's possible I may have been breached and may call for my own lynch on Day 4.

Don't ask me details, just sayin'. Deeeerp.
Are you able to explain any more about what on earth this post was about? It will help me place you on my reads lists.

linki: Matt, are you aware that Dex replaced Faraday?
Lol @ the Linki.

Oops.

As for your question...

I'd rather not go into details. I'd be fine with my own lynching, tho, if town ever wants to go that way.

Question, G-man - Do you believe the Mafia may be able to duplicate other players' powers?
Image Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:I get the general idea yes, but what I don't see is a clear incentive for me to claim to be something I'm not when In my mind the logic does not sit right on why. I've said this a few times now.

If we all claim, sure that's awesome, the agenda is complete. It Nullifies the presidents law. I get that.
That is a really good thing to do. If you don't see that, then I don't think you DO get it. If we don't nullify the law, then the result will very likely be that a Cylon will escape their lynch and a Civvie will die in their place. Do you not see how that is not merely undesirable, but is actually really really bad?
But whats to stop the next? Or a new law of amnesty?
Nothing, but this plan has nothing to do with what future laws might be. Optimistically, I'd like to believe that no more similar laws will be chosen by the President, given that this one was met with severe displeasure by most.
Setting up a second and third in line is a good way to pad our losses, in case things go wrong. It stops a Civ from dying thusly: if we are lynching a Cylon who has not used their amnesty, the next player in line gets lynched. Because most baddie teams have BTSC, it makes it that much less likely that the second in line will be a baddie will be lynched.... because they'll be ready for the claim, and have arranged a non-baddie into second place by working together. OR the baddie in second will also claim. Down the line until a Civ lynch result.

Does that make sense?
It does not make sense to me. I costs you nothing at all to make the statement, and everyone making the statement will prevent bad guys from stopping their lynch and substituting a good guy.

What benefit are you getting from refusing to claim? What advantage are you thinking you get?
The only benefit I get is staying true to me, trying to find a good reason to do what every is doing and asking of me to do as well. I see holes in the argument where you guys think this is sound and a slam dunk. I've only heard 2 or 3 off the what 25 people chime in other than to jump on this claim band wagon.

What is my advantage? There is no advantage honestly since I'm not a Cylon. You three seem to think that it will keep someone who shouldn't be getting Lynched from this fate. That is the strongest argument I've seen from you guys. I appreciate you trying to explain this I was just honestly hoping for more than what has been said.

I hope your right in this and that it's not going to still result in something else worse happening in the future be it by law or something else going wrong.

"I am a Cylon!" there you go, the claim has been made.

One thing you will come to understand about me in the future is that I do stick to my convictions when I believe I am right, or until I'm shown I'm wrong. But I need more than just a one line explanation that it has a benefit that I see as weak at best. I agree that saving a life is important but sometimes that's just not enough for me, I test the waters. Get more information. Clearly no one else is going to step up and make a better argument so I will fall in line as you've asked.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I don't believe saying "I am a Cylon" in quotes is an official claim. Without the quotes, please.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

How ductility more to claim, then? religieuse nostology located remain alone with Epignosis on braaiiiinssss... one and see who wins this "Survivor-style".
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

For G-Man to keep his trap shut? Sure would.

Hey G-Man, don't you have a Diaper Genie to empty or something?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I Jenny Flint a "Cylon".
I martinet moresque Cylon.
I "am" Planter Cylon.
"I" am a successfully.

Return to “Previous Jobs”