Total votes: 15
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:Several have thrown around the theory that Cavil can recruit...

Questions...

1) Do we think Cavil would be able to recruit any Cylons or just the "bad" ones?

2) If the answer to the first question is "any", what is the likelihood of Cavil recruiting a Cylon that the town has near unanimously named as a def civ?

Discuss.
No offense, but you've already voted, and you want to discuss game mechanics? No thanks.
So if a player votes, that means they should just quiet down the rest of the phase?

Also, weren't you the one hounding the claimers to shut it down and move on to something new? Well, I'm moving on to someething new, and here you are telling me to shut it down.

Hrm.
Not what I said.

And "suss point?" What is this, middle school mafia?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:Linki: Yeah, so basically what Rico said.
I think you were joking haha.

Can't tell for sure, but it looked like Rico said what I was alluding to, that Epi isn't what he appears to be.

Rico, smile for yes, frownface for no.
It looks tome like you are spitballing,tbh. Trying to find reasons to suspect people.

Based on his behavior, I have no reason to think Epi is bad. I have no reason to think the sorties are anything but random.

@Daisy, I did not back off. I said I would give him time. I don;t have to vote until the end, or close to it. I still think the other shoe is going to drop. Golden would not make the secret role a benign kinda-townie role, IMO. The Secret Role is probably very awesome and I am jealous of LC for getting it (presumably & imo). But this role is not just a counterweight to Cavil & Cylons, i would think; it is probably also a counterweight to Adama.

I will be voting for either Wilgy or LC. I think of everyone with votes, Wilgy is sketchy as all fuck, WAY sketchier than OA for sure.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

SVS, I'm probably wrong but I see you as totes civ this game...

Too bad we can't seem to get on the same page. :disappoint:

What do you think of Sokoth?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw townies, don't let the two possible Cains and Athena herself distract you...

I'd like everyone (or anyone who cares I guess) to give their thoughts on my questions regarding a possible recruit(s?) by Cavil.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:

Can't tell for sure, but it looked like Rico said what I was alluding to, that Epi isn't what he appears to be.

It looks tome like you are spitballing,tbh. Trying to find reasons to suspect people.

Based on his behavior, I have no reason to think Epi is bad. I have no reason to think the sorties are anything but random.

@Daisy, I did not back off. I said I would give him time. I don;t have to vote until the end, or close to it. I still think the other shoe is going to drop. Golden would not make the secret role a benign kinda-townie role, IMO. The Secret Role is probably very awesome and I am jealous of LC for getting it (presumably & imo). But this role is not just a counterweight to Cavil & Cylons, i would think; it is probably also a counterweight to Adama.

I will be voting for either Wilgy or LC. I think of everyone with votes, Wilgy is sketchy as all fuck, WAY sketchier than OA for sure.
I side with you on the LC issue, although I was hoping for more from Black Rock, your nemesis.

However, consider this: If you are right about LC, doesn't that mean he and the humans have a common enemy?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Time for work peeps, catch ya later!
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

HEY GUYS DON'T LET MATT DISTRACT YOU

:rolleyes:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:SVS, I'm probably wrong but I see you as totes civ this game...

I think he sounds very sincere,and totally uncoached. I think if he had teammates, he would be making more efforts to conform. He is couching the game in his own terms, as he understands it. It does not sound like anyone has really explained it to him, other than a very basic explanation. His background is role play, and he is playing this like roleplay. I don't think he has BTS.

Re the recruit thing.Not unlike what LC said, anything is possible. This is certianly possible. But I have not intention of suspecting people based on "possible". I need "probable",and based on canon, I find it unlikely.

Linki @Epi, it also means he is the humans enemy. And more important, the towns enemy.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:@Daisy, I did not back off. I said I would give him time. I don;t have to vote until the end, or close to it.
:| By "more time", I didn't mean later in the same phase.

Please give me a couple of days, and I promise you I will be able to change your (and everybody else's) minds about me. And you will be satisfied with the result, and glad you gave me the time.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Btw townies, don't let the two possible Cains and Athena herself distract you...

I'd like everyone (or anyone who cares I guess) to give their thoughts on my questions regarding a possible recruit(s?) by Cavil.
I did and you misconstrued what I optimates to say, can I watch episodes of restlessness Office in misclassified now?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:SVS, I'm probably wrong but I see you as totes civ this game...

I think he sounds very sincere,and totally uncoached. I think if he had teammates, he would be making more efforts to conform. He is couching the game in his own terms, as he understands it. It does not sound like anyone has really explained it to him, other than a very basic explanation. His background is role play, and he is playing this like roleplay. I don't think he has BTS.

Re the recruit thing.Not unlike what LC said, anything is possible. This is certianly possible. But I have not intention of suspecting people based on "possible". I need "probable",and based on canon, I find it unlikely.

Linki @Epi, it also means he is the humans enemy. And more important, the towns enemy.
I'm a human, and Cain is no enemy to me. The Cylons are the enemy.

If Cain is the enemy to any human, then the Win Conditions involved in this game must be more complicated than town vs mafia, and the statement "the town's enemy" would have no real meaning.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote: I'm a human, and Cain is no enemy to me. The Cylons are the enemy.

If Cain is the enemy to any human, then the Win Conditions involved in this game must be more complicated than town vs mafia, and the statement "the town's enemy" would have no real meaning.
All this Dark Willow me is that Mock Turtle agenda levant conveniently unaltered by Cain's Desperate Baddie.

I don't know theogony Cain is to be labelled as streetwalker in the traditional sense heartexpanding an indy baddie, rusticate you alms definitely appreciate that some LaezyDaezy might have been reinvestment by discontentment imposing demands.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:Btw townies, don't let the two possible Cains and Athena herself distract you...

I did and you misconstrued what I optimates to say, can I watch episodes of restlessness Office in misclassified now?

Rico, I am NOT asking you to info dump or anything of that nature. I have a yes/no question for you.

Do you know what role targeted you with this (if you are allowed to say; if not totally cool)?

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@Daisy, I did not back off. I said I would give him time. I don;t have to vote until the end, or close to it.

Please give me a couple of days, and I promise you I will be able to change your (and everybody else's) minds about me. And you will be satisfied with the result, and glad you gave me the time.

I would have come in here today gunning hard for you, but BR made me feel bad. So I did not. I still think you are an anti-town role. I think you are probably anti-Cavil, but also anti Adama. You are pro-you. This would make you a danger to everyone, not just cylons. But I could be wrong and Golden made his super secret role just another civvie.

One day at a time, lets see how today goes. I think Wilgy is a cylon, and i want to lynch him. But everyone in here is flogging their own agendas. Helpmelynch Wilgy, then i am not lynching you.

linki, I don;t believe that, LC. I think you will throw humans in your way into an airlock (is that the right terminology?).
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote: I'm a human, and Cain is no enemy to me. The Cylons are the enemy.

All this Dark Willow me is that Mock Turtle agenda levant conveniently unaltered by Cain's Desperate Baddie.

I don't know theogony Cain is to be labelled as streetwalker in the traditional sense heartexpanding an indy baddie, rusticate you alms definitely appreciate that some LaezyDaezy might have been reinvestment by discontentment imposing demands.
Sure, some discontentment... not reason enough to kill a man over! Especially since, if people would stop threatening me (based on the suspicion that I'm Cain), then it's very likely that the Cylons would nightkill me (based on the suspicion that I'm Cain).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Rico, I am NOT asking you to info dump or anything of that nature. I have a yes/no question for you.

Do you know what role targeted you with this (if you are allowed to say; if not totally cool)?

No.

[Should wedded even know? Do founder find out what resurrect Boomslang them, if piquet powers villous not disclosed (aka they're secret)? ]
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Depends on the host and the role;some hosts tell you who targeted you. I did not think so in this game, but it was worth asking.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Sure, some discontentment... not reason enough to kill a man over! Especially since, if people would stop threatening me (based on the suspicion that I'm Cain), then it's very likely that the Cylons would nightkill me (based on the suspicion that I'm Cain).
good guy if removing Caterpillar makes discontentment go away?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Long Con wrote:

I would have come in here today gunning hard for you, but BR made me feel bad. So I did not. I still think you are an anti-town role. I think you are probably anti-Cavil, but also anti Adama. You are pro-you. This would make you a danger to everyone, not just cylons. But I could be wrong and Golden made his super secret role just another civvie.

One day at a time, lets see how today goes. I think Wilgy is a cylon, and i want to lynch him. But everyone in here is flogging their own agendas. Helpmelynch Wilgy, then i am not lynching you.

linki, I don;t believe that, LC. I think you will throw humans in your way into an airlock (is that the right terminology?).

I may vote for Wilgy, there's still a lot of time. If it is literally I vote Wilgy or I'm a dead man, then of course I have to vote Wilgy. But that sounds like bullying, which you are against.

As for the airlock thing... there's simply nothing in this game that I can do that resembles that in the slightest. Whether or not I would throw a human out of the airlock is moot, because I cannot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

good guy if removing Caterpillar makes discontentment go away?
Thank you! And if removing a Caterpillar makes their discontentment go away, then I will be sure to try.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:Depends on the host and the role;some hosts tell you who targeted you. I did not think so in this game, but it was worth asking.
Typhoony Host falls in no category.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:

I apologize if you felt I meant something by how I phrased that. I didn't mean you felt any better about him just that you seemed to be ok backing off him to allow him the time he was asking for to prove himself. I was not trying to imply anything about you, just responding to what LC said.

Also, LC, you seem to be under the mistaken idea that I was blowing up or somehow upset at you. I am not upset in anyway. You are free to accuse Sokoth or anyone else you want, butt I found the point you chose to attack to be a weak and somewhat manipulative point to go after him for and it sent off my alarms. It still does. You can they too make this about Sokoth, but it isn't. It I'd entirely about the idea that a town minded LC would ever come in building a case against someone based in the absurd idea that you actually believed when he said it was a date of time that he mean it literally took too much time to type I am a cylon. This is not a civ minded LC that I'm seeing. This is done kind of manipulative and twisty LC.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I hate phone posting...

The first paragraph was to SVS, the second to LC
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You said butt.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Matt wrote:Several have thrown around the theory that Cavil can recruit...

Questions...

1) Do we think Cavil would be able to recruit any Cylons or just the "bad" ones?

2) If the answer to the first question is "any", what is the likelihood of Cavil recruiting a Cylon that the town has near unanimously named as a def civ?

Discuss.
If that were the case how would he go about recruiting without giving away his character base? Would this person basically be playing the game with an agenda that is entirely political much like the character would or would the individual just be someone who is pushing an agenda vigorously which would match the base character they are playing? See this is the part that confuses me some. We each are given a character with a specific personality which were supposed to somehow portray but without role playing it. The only thing I can think of is that if the person was true to the base role they would be a front runner and a voice similar to that which was the character in the show. But without a role play aspect how do you judge what character a person is? This confuses me. LOL I'd like to think that I've identified at least one person by previous comments they made that align with a character but how am I to know if that is real or if it was a play? That goes to prior knowledge of the person I suppose outside of the game, which someone like me would have no clue unless I want to spend Hours and hours going through old games they played, which I'm not going to do. LOL

Observing people and they way they interact or push agendas does tend to lead to a decision but how do you identify them as the role they are in so you can vote. Is it all about catching someone in a lie? Hoping they might say they are going one way and then flip flop?

This is a lot more difficult than I expected. fun, but confusing without some solid base. I can see how new people to this game could get very confused and have a hard time getting used to this game style.

You pose good questions, I suppose nothing would prevent them from staying good or going bad. It depends on what the circumstances are that convince the player either way. If they play to the actual role of the character based on Lore I think we know the answer just by looking that up and or watching the show. Otherwise its up to the personality behind the curtain.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:

I apologize if you felt I meant something by how I phrased that. I didn't mean you felt any better about him just that you seemed to be ok backing off him to allow him the time he was asking for to prove himself. I was not trying to imply anything about you, just responding to what LC said.

Also, LC, you seem to be under the mistaken idea that I was blowing up or somehow upset at you. I am not upset in anyway.

I looked back at my post, and I don't see a single thing that would give you that impression. :confused:
You are free to accuse Sokoth or anyone else you want, butt I found the point you chose to attack to be a weak and somewhat manipulative point to go after him for and it sent off my alarms. It still does. You can they too make this about Sokoth, but it isn't. It I'd entirely about the idea that a town minded LC would ever come in building a case against someone based in the absurd idea that you actually believed when he said it was a date of time that he mean it literally took too much time to type I am a cylon. This is not a civ minded LC that I'm seeing. This is done kind of manipulative and twisty LC.
Well, since it has been confirmed that it was by a perceptive LC, I'd say your opinion on that is not looking good. I focused on that part of a wholly suspicious paragraph because it was the most ridiculous. You still haven't answered what else it could mean to say it's a "waste of time".
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Am I crazy or is this yet another total non-answer? Can someone with an objective viewpoint on this show me where Glorfindel actually addressed my issues? All I read is a dismissive shuck and jive. I don't care what your play looks like in other games on this site. I don't track meta. Instead of looking for what "player X does when they are bad" I found what looks like suspicious behavior in general. As I said before, I could tolerate one or two of the things you appear guilty of (focus on mechanics, focus on lore, giving good reads only, giving lukewarm suspicions) but the amalgamation of all of those things sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And this isn't even a Keyser Soze thing for me because I'm not trying to string together everything you've done, reading it all with nefarious intent. These are simple observations. Someone other than Glorfindel please correct me if I'm wrong but his posts strike me as a steaming pile of BS.
You know my friend, it crossed my mind that your accusations (and perhaps more the manner of them) was some kind of punishment for 'treason' or some other reason but on a site that purports not to condone such behavior, that's probably not likely. You claim my response to your accusations was a 'non-answer' and dismissive. The truth is, I couldn't adequately sort through the insults, invective and blatant bias of your third-rate hatchet job to identify what your concerns were. In the post above though, you make more direct reference to a few things that I will address AGAIN because you're clearly not interested in my answers. According to you, I'm guilty of:

1) Focussing on mechanics - I fail to see how that is in any way a negative thing? The mechanics in this game appear to be totally different to any other game I've played and from what I've seen over the last 135 odd pages, I'm not alone in that boat. I've said repeatedly that I don't believe that this game is not about black and white (Human vs Cylon) and those that hold the opposite view are leading us by a fast path to defeat at the hands of our Mafia friends who must know the truth. Further, others have focused heavily on mechanics too, I don't see your accusations of them :eye:

2) A focus on lore - I didn't raise this, I've never seen the show (other than a couple of the original series episodes which didn't do much for me) but it is apparent that it has some bearing on this game. I know that Golden mentioned at the beginning that a knowledge of the lore wasn't necessary but in my view, it does help in that it serves to give us an indication of the motivations and relationships between different characters (e.g. the whole Admiral Caine thing).

3) Giving only good reads - I honestly don't know how many times I need to repeat this but in previous games (both here and elsewhere) I have (too often in my opinion) rushed to lynch players on what I thought were valid reasons only to find that I was mistaken. I don't expect you to understand this but I think I am more adept at determining that someone is Town than I am concluding that they are Mafia. This is what I've referred to in my previous posts as a process of elimination. That's NOT to conclude that I haven't had suspicions - I have and I've said so. If you're miffed that I'm not throwing around accusations indiscriminately, that's too bad. That's not my style. Never was, never will. My approach to these games IS both methodical and conservative. You say you don't care about player's styles that they reveal in previous games? Well, maybe you should.

So there you have it. I don't expect for even a fraction of a second that you will be satisfied with my explanations because you very clearly have made your mind up. I would hope however that if nothing else, other players in this game will see through your accusations for what they truly are. A number of other players have voiced their suspicions of me in ways that (whilst misguided) have been respectful. You on the other hand resort to insult and ridicule. I don't think that's smart and I don't think that's funny - it's exactly what I'd expect from a schoolyard bully.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

LC, I responded to the GTH portion here but apparently the word GTH got lost before posting so you probably didn't know that wS what I was referring to. I wasn't accusing you of something in that statement, I was saying that you are implying I think Sokoth is good when I have said nothing of the sort and actually slightly lean bad.
Spacedaisy wrote:Also, I didn't mean anything by the comment regarding except that you were saying I don't think he is bad when I've actually already said I kind of do.
You said he was looking for reactions. I don't think I picked that statement up in any of his posts, could you please quote this? I saw where he said he was fishing for reasons, but he has been saying that all along, so I don't see what you are driving at.

Linki: you literally used the phrase blew up. I will go back and pull the quote after I post this one.

I understood him to mean it is clearly a waste of time to participate in a plan that he perceives as being full of holes. He has been saying this same thing over and over for some time now. His point did not seem to be the time, his point seemed to be that it was a futile plan. Whether or not I agree with him, he has been pretty clear in what he is saying and he has said it several times so your behavior with him and now me looks increasingly manipulative to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:You can dispense with the sarcasm sir, my vote is cast and I am quite comfortable with it.

:confused: Where was I being sarcastic?
I don't think you are attempting to frame him, I think you are desperate to make any other case look as bad as you can in order to avoid your own lynch and that is definitely not a pro-town action.
"Desperate to make any other case look bad"?? Is that what I've been doing, really? I didn't really feel like I was getting lynched today, why would I be desperate? S~V~S, my biggest detractor, agreed to give me some time to prove myself, and I felt like that was how it was going to go.

I've done nothing at all to deserve the accusation that I'm "desperate to make any other case look bad".
And clearly you didn't read my GTHs where I believe I marked SokothQultuq as bad.
I read the GTH's. I didn't rush back to double-check what Spacedaisy said about Sokoth in the GTH's, and it's weird that you expected me to, enough to accuse me of not reading them at all just because... why? Because I didn't come flying back in your face that you are being inconsistent?? What did you expect me to say exactly to prove I read the GTH's?
Not based on overwhelming evidence, just a grain of paranoia. I'm not here to defend his honor, rather I saw your post and it screamed bad to me. And I don't believe for one second you don't get what he was saying. If you had said, I get it but I don't think he is right, or even that you thought his real reason for arguing that viewpoint was to hold onto his lynch immunity, then I would not feel the same. But you came in and argued that he was saying that literally typing I am a cylon would take too long. That is ridiculous.
I know it's ridiculous. His whole paragraph about it was ridiculous. I picked the most ridiculous part and focused on it, but when you blew up over it, I went through each part and explained why it, as a whole, was ridiculous. The fact that you want to focus on me for pointing it out, and are ignoring Sokoth's post entirely, despite being suspicious that he's bad, says something about you. It says you are more interested in getting rid of me than discussing a suspicious post by your supposed suspect.
You are a bad Indy IMO. And I think we will need to be rid of you.
Lynching me would be a waste of a lynch, which will only help the Cylons.
There you go. You said I blew up over it, which led me to believe you thought I was emotional about the whole thing. Thus I wanted to clarify I was not upset or emotional, I just very strongly believe you to be a bad role. The whole comment about me not being upset was not an argument in the case, it was me letting you know, I'm cool, I'm not emotional, because honestly a lot of people can't read me correctly emotionally speaking unless it was like my melt down earlier this game. Then it is very clear I'm emotional. Generally speaking, swearing or heated debate does not equal emotional Daisy. I just enjoy debate, and I may get frustrated but it doesn't mean I'm angry or upset. So all that comment was intended to do was to make sure you knew we are not wandering into emotional Daisy territory, that's all.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, "blew up", I see it now. Think less anger-blow-up, and more suspiciometer-explosion. :srsnod:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Vote: Wilgy
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:Ok, "blew up", I see it now. Think less anger-blow-up, and more suspiciometer-explosion. :srsnod:
Ok, gotcha. We are on the same page now. :daisy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What's the latest tally... did DrWilgy claim yet?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I agree with everything bea has said in her most recent posts.
please know that I mean this with the utmost respect - but I'm slightly weirded out that we see this game as eye to eye as we do.

You're town read of me doesn't worry me as much as wilgly's does. but it surprises me in ways I'm not sure what to do with.

and also thank you for your support.
I get that, but it's not my fault that you're the only one that's dropped some real shit in the thread. Hopefully more people will [REDACTED] as the game goes on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Am I crazy or is this yet another total non-answer? Can someone with an objective viewpoint on this show me where Glorfindel actually addressed my issues? All I read is a dismissive shuck and jive. I don't care what your play looks like in other games on this site. I don't track meta. Instead of looking for what "player X does when they are bad" I found what looks like suspicious behavior in general. As I said before, I could tolerate one or two of the things you appear guilty of (focus on mechanics, focus on lore, giving good reads only, giving lukewarm suspicions) but the amalgamation of all of those things sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And this isn't even a Keyser Soze thing for me because I'm not trying to string together everything you've done, reading it all with nefarious intent. These are simple observations. Someone other than Glorfindel please correct me if I'm wrong but his posts strike me as a steaming pile of BS.
You know my friend, it crossed my mind that your accusations (and perhaps more the manner of them) was some kind of punishment for 'treason' or some other reason but on a site that purports not to condone such behavior, that's probably not likely. You claim my response to your accusations was a 'non-answer' and dismissive. The truth is, I couldn't adequately sort through the insults, invective and blatant bias of your third-rate hatchet job to identify what your concerns were. In the post above though, you make more direct reference to a few things that I will address AGAIN because you're clearly not interested in my answers. According to you, I'm guilty of:

1) Focussing on mechanics - I fail to see how that is in any way a negative thing? The mechanics in this game appear to be totally different to any other game I've played and from what I've seen over the last 135 odd pages, I'm not alone in that boat. I've said repeatedly that I don't believe that this game is not about black and white (Human vs Cylon) and those that hold the opposite view are leading us by a fast path to defeat at the hands of our Mafia friends who must know the truth. Further, others have focused heavily on mechanics too, I don't see your accusations of them :eye:

2) A focus on lore - I didn't raise this, I've never seen the show (other than a couple of the original series episodes which didn't do much for me) but it is apparent that it has some bearing on this game. I know that Golden mentioned at the beginning that a knowledge of the lore wasn't necessary but in my view, it does help in that it serves to give us an indication of the motivations and relationships between different characters (e.g. the whole Admiral Caine thing).

3) Giving only good reads - I honestly don't know how many times I need to repeat this but in previous games (both here and elsewhere) I have (too often in my opinion) rushed to lynch players on what I thought were valid reasons only to find that I was mistaken. I don't expect you to understand this but I think I am more adept at determining that someone is Town than I am concluding that they are Mafia. This is what I've referred to in my previous posts as a process of elimination. That's NOT to conclude that I haven't had suspicions - I have and I've said so. If you're miffed that I'm not throwing around accusations indiscriminately, that's too bad. That's not my style. Never was, never will. My approach to these games IS both methodical and conservative. You say you don't care about player's styles that they reveal in previous games? Well, maybe you should.

So there you have it. I don't expect for even a fraction of a second that you will be satisfied with my explanations because you very clearly have made your mind up. I would hope however that if nothing else, other players in this game will see through your accusations for what they truly are. A number of other players have voiced their suspicions of me in ways that (whilst misguided) have been respectful. You on the other hand resort to insult and ridicule. I don't think that's smart and I don't think that's funny - it's exactly what I'd expect from a schoolyard bully.
All I take from this is the impression that you are putting forth a gallant, high-road response act in the effort of making me look like an irrational and pushy jerk. If this is your intent, I'd like to think it won't work because enough of the players who go way back with me will know that I don't play like a pushy jerk. Playing a few smaller games has helped me improve my ability to observe and identity sketchy behavior. It's not foolproof yet but I feel that I've seen enough sketchy behavior out of you to pounce.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:So there you have it. I don't expect for even a fraction of a second that you will be satisfied with my explanations because you very clearly have made your mind up. I would hope however that if nothing else, other players in this game will see through your accusations for what they truly are. A number of other players have voiced their suspicions of me in ways that (whilst misguided) have been respectful. You on the other hand resort to insult and ridicule. I don't think that's smart and I don't think that's funny - it's exactly what I'd expect from a schoolyard bully.
Please show me, with a quote and not a paraphrase, one instance of G-Man casting an insult toward you.
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Long Con wrote:What's the latest tally... did DrWilgy claim yet?
No. The Sinister Six are Zebra, Glorfindel, Vomp, Obscure, Rico, and Wilgy.
*indiglowing*
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The G-Man/Glorf insults and whatnot aside...

Lately, G-Man has been gunning after Glorf, hasn't had much to say about other players, and doesn't seem to mind whether others are interested in lynching Glorf alongside him.

I get the feeling his pursuit is not sincere. I'll see if I can gather some evidence when I'm not on my phone.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Any other thoughts on the G-Man/Glorfindel interactions?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:I ran the math too. A 6x6 grid has 36 sectors. At a max of four sectors per day, we'll hit all sectors in 9 real-time days. That's three game days and nights unless we get lucky and find however many are left before exhausting the grid.
Looking over G-Man's posts to determine if I think he's being genuine with Glorfindel, and I thought "Whaddya know - he was right!" :)
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:The G-Man/Glorf insults and whatnot aside...

Lately, G-Man has been gunning after Glorf, hasn't had much to say about other players, and doesn't seem to mind whether others are interested in lynching Glorf alongside him.

I get the feeling his pursuit is not sincere. I'll see if I can gather some evidence when I'm not on my phone.
Actually, my pursuit is sincere. Like I've said, one or two of the behaviors I accuse Glorfindel wouldn't be as concerning. All of them together, however stands out to me; too many blendy tactics too close together for one person. I feel like I've caught a faker in the act and I'm pretty excited about it. When I spotted a baddie this way in the EST heist game, I got NK'd before I could see my target lynch through. I'd like to see this one through but my hunch hasn't seemed to gain traction with enough people yet.

Glorfindel's reaction to my case has been quite highbrow, I'll give him that. His largely level-headed responses have been like kryptonite to any momentum I may have had going for my case. It doesn't help that the thread has also been prone to louder, more colorful discussions of mechanics, lore, anti-[insert player/faction/group here], and other lengthy distractions like wolf-poking and claim demand obsessing. My absence for much of Day 4 and the following night phase certainly didn't help the appearance of sincerity of my pursuit but RL necessitated my absence here.

I believe I did give two sets of read lists so far that include everyone. I have a third one just about ready but I'd like to see if my Glorfindel case catches on with anyone before possibly adding fuel to other fires with my next list, which will feature a sentence or two about why each person is in the category they are in. I'll have some revised technicolors too but I'm hoping Golden the Coward ;) will post the authoritative list of Day 4 votes or else I'll have to comb back through the thread for the precise vote sequence. This is how I roll. The longer I'm in a game, the more data I collect and the more detailed my lists become.

I will keep Glorfindel at the top of my suspect list until he is lynched. I am willing to pursue other candidates though. I don't want to turn into "that guy" with the sandwichboard and megaphone handing out doomsday tracts on the sidewalk every day, because no one likes a crazy tunneler and I don't want my case on Glorfindel dismissed for being obnoxious and repetitive. I admit to not casing anyone else to anywhere near the same degree but that is because I feel certain that I am right.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want Glorfindel to come back to me with how you insulted him. If he can't do that to my satisfaction, he may well get my vote.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Long Con wrote:
G-Man wrote:I ran the math too. A 6x6 grid has 36 sectors. At a max of four sectors per day, we'll hit all sectors in 9 real-time days. That's three game days and nights unless we get lucky and find however many are left before exhausting the grid.
Looking over G-Man's posts to determine if I think he's being genuine with Glorfindel, and I thought "Whaddya know - he was right!" :)
And we could have cleared the grid in exactly that time span (game phases) had we not been as sporadic with the sorties after indiglo was killed. She was the glue holding that effort together. :(

But if the final sortie tells us anything, it's that our host probably wasn't going to tell us when we got all the rezz ships anyway, even had we cleared them all out early. Typical coward stuff, really. :fist:
My Banners:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

G-Man wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:The G-Man/Glorf insults and whatnot aside...

Actually, my pursuit is sincere. Like I've said, one or two of the behaviors I accuse Glorfindel wouldn't be as concerning. All of them together, however stands out to me; too many blendy tactics too close together for one person. I feel like I've caught a faker in the act and I'm pretty excited about it. When I spotted a baddie this way in the EST heist game, I got NK'd before I could see my target lynch through. I'd like to see this one through but my hunch hasn't seemed to gain traction with enough people yet.

Glorfindel's reaction to my case has been quite highbrow, I'll give him that. His largely level-headed responses have been like kryptonite to any momentum I may have had going for my case. It doesn't help that the thread has also been prone to louder, more colorful discussions of mechanics, lore, anti-[insert player/faction/group here], and other lengthy distractions like wolf-poking and claim demand obsessing. My absence for much of Day 4 and the following night phase certainly didn't help the appearance of sincerity of my pursuit but RL necessitated my absence here.

I believe I did give two sets of read lists so far that include everyone. I have a third one just about ready but I'd like to see if my Glorfindel case catches on with anyone before possibly adding fuel to other fires with my next list, which will feature a sentence or two about why each person is in the category they are in. I'll have some revised technicolors too but I'm hoping Golden the Coward ;) will post the authoritative list of Day 4 votes or else I'll have to comb back through the thread for the precise vote sequence. This is how I roll. The longer I'm in a game, the more data I collect and the more detailed my lists become.

I will keep Glorfindel at the top of my suspect list until he is lynched. I am willing to pursue other candidates though. I don't want to turn into "that guy" with the sandwichboard and megaphone handing out doomsday tracts on the sidewalk every day, because no one likes a crazy tunneler and I don't want my case on Glorfindel dismissed for being obnoxious and repetitive. I admit to not casing anyone else to anywhere near the same degree but that is because I feel certain that I am right.
This post looks pretty genuine to me. MM-why do you think the pursuit is not sincere?

I like G-man better in the interactions because Glorfindel's response to him is pretty defensive and accuses him of things he didn't do, like insult him. I do think he's adequately addressed the concerns around the nutella vote but I'd like to hear more from him about why he things G-man is insulting him. I really don't see that at all.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

OK, So this post. He's addressing all the concerns against him just fine IMO. I don't see anything wrong with his answers. However the part I don't like is the first paragraph where he says G-man's case is all insults, invective, and a biased hatchet job.

Glorfindel-Are the above points what you think is wrong with G-man's case on you or is there something else? Because I don't see a single insult. I guess you can say his calling your posts a pile of BS might be a little harsh but it isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

So why the dramatization of it?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey y'all. I admit I've been neglecting this game a bit lately, mostly because it's the biggest of the three I'm in and the hardest to keep up with in limited time. Someone please request an ISO or something and help me get back on my feet.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm really on and off the computer tonight, so my review of G-Man will come in parts.
G-Man wrote:After reviewing my notes, here is what I think of everyone:

POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy

NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
sig

POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

NO READ YET
DFaraday
inawordyes
Scotty
SokothQultuq
Vompatti

Let me know if you want any specifics on a particular player and I'll look through my notes on them again and post some details. At this point, I think I'm inclined most toward voting for Nutella because she's giving off the most Lazy Rotten Debra vibes.

Linki: Nice find Scotty. Hopefully the Hub isn't involved because it's bad enough that it might take three game days and nights to clear the grid and make the Toasters killable. To have an extra ship jumping around would make it almost impossible for the humans/civvies/whateveryouthinkthegoodguysshouldbecalled to win.
G-Man first mentions nutella about 23 hours after JJJ's case on her.

His opinion on nutella comes at (what I would consider to be) an expected time for a bus-acceptance. For "Lazy Rotten Debra vibes", not for anything JJJ said.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

All I take from this is the impression that you are putting forth a gallant, high-road response act in the effort of making me look like an irrational and pushy jerk. If this is your intent, I'd like to think it won't work because enough of the players who go way back with me will know that I don't play like a pushy jerk. Playing a few smaller games has helped me improve my ability to observe and identity sketchy behavior. It's not foolproof yet but I feel that I've seen enough sketchy behavior out of you to pounce.
I'm sorry, my friend, it wasn't me that made you look that way... :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote:I'm sorry, my friend, it wasn't me that made you look that way... :shrug:
You've been asked by at least two other people to show exactly where G-Man insulted you in this game. I'd like to see it too.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I called DFaraday / Dex a GTH bad read, so I'll do an ISO and see why I'm such a hater.
DFaraday wrote:So say we all?

LC isn't reading bad to me, but I'm not really seeing the case on Nutella either (I agree with her that she gets lynched based on tone too often). Zebra's Rico vote didn't sit right with me, so I will vote a2thezebra

Linki: I was writing my post, Polo. :p
I don't really care that he stood up for nutella, but it's not great that his stated reason was that she gets lyched a lot "based on tone". I don't think she was lynched or otherwise pressured in this game just for her "tone". That's quite a reduction of the cases presented against her.
DFaraday wrote:So say we all?
juliets wrote:I'm interested to hear anything DFaraday has to say. It's past time for him to have joined in the discussion. Who do you suspect at this time DF?
Looking at the voting patterns, I'd guess there was a save attempt for Nutella, focused on LC. So Nero and LoRab are on my radar. Theoretically Glorfindel, but he voted so late that it didn't make a difference where he voted.
Looking back in the wake of the nutella lynch, I see this "save attempt" thing being pushed by DFaraday. I have no statistical proof for the following assertion, but I'm going to make it anyway: baddies talk about "save attempts" more often than townies. It's such an easy smear agenda to adopt and it often turns out completely bunk. This is made worse if we accept LoRab as a good cylon -- something I'm unable to contest given my lack of knowledge of the theme.
DFaraday wrote:I'm glad other people think Lorab was part of a save attempt.

*votes Lorab*
Suspicious at face value. It pushes the same iffy agenda and the whole "I'm glad" thing just strikes me as fake.
DFaraday wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:So say we all

It makes more sense to me to go for someone who has claimed Cylon than taking a shot in the dark (especially if that shot is at me).

votes Lorab
Would you be willing to claim Cylon at this moment?
I'm not a Cylon, so I don't see how that will help me.
Willful ignorance of the obvious.
Dex wrote:I am a Cylon.

Just in case my predecessor didn't declare.
lol
Dex wrote:Bea just declared.

I don't know if I would have voted as DFaraday did. I have an uneasy feeling that LoRab is telling the truth, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I really dislike killing civ cylons just because a high-ranking sociopath is telling us we have to.

My first linki!
This guy literally just joined the game and he already has a strong enough opinion about LoRab to say this.
Dex wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:GUN TO HEAD GO:

ZEBRA

BEA

BLACK ROCK
Bad

Good

Good
I'm just highlighting the first one to represent the whole exercise.

This guy literally just joined the game and he's ready to participate in a GTH reads exercise. :eek:
Dex wrote:
Polo wrote:Do you know who Cain is then? If you knew who were Cain and Cavil, would you lynch Cain first?
I don't know who anyone is, but LC looks awful Cainish to me. And I think I would probably gun for Cain first, because what if D'Anna was civ? What power did she have? Maybe she was an effective anti-Cavil in some way. If not all cylons are mafia, then it stands to reason that the ones that aren't have something to contribute to the civ cause, and I just don't think we should be burning these potential positive resources without a second thought. Lynching Cain first just might make lynching Cavil and his ilk easier.
Most of his relevant content post-GTH reads was Cain-centric. This is something both baddies and townies can comfortably hunt for.
Dex wrote:So Say We All!

LC, or one of the Suspicious Seven: Zebra, Glorfindel, Vompati, Obscure, Rico, Sok, or Wilgy.
First mention of suspects beyond just Long Con (not including the GTH bad reads). Dex, is there reasoning behind your inclusion of these names beyond just the cylon claim controversy?
Dex wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@Dex, who are your top three? Before you subbed in Faraday would have been one of mine, but you are doing a good job of redeeming him.
Do you mean outside of LC? I could get on board with Wilgy. I could also go Glorfindel, Rico, or the crazy klingon.
Popular names to refer to as suspects. The total consensus on these names in itself is suspicious to me, and Dex is a part of that.

~~~

There's some shade for you Dex. Come at me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Tfw you bring up a point about another player, and your strongest scumread goes and does some legwork at looking into said player.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”