Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please help me. I'm not doing what is convenient. I'm trying to solve the game, but I'm also trying not to get worked up. That's it.
So...if anybody suspects you, you're going to get worked up?
No, that's my point. I'm not doing that this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, please address my previous response. You said I wasn't logical in the response to the first two posts you clipped but then said I was in the third. I really don't get it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, please elaborate your feelings regarding Elo if you don't mind.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have to go. I'm keeping my vote where it is.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually now that I think of it, this incident is rather similar to what happened in Red vs. Blue -- Scotty made a misstep on Day 1 by providing an inconsistent read relative to Epignosis (either his own votes or someone's votes for him, I can't recall exactly), and Epignosis (his partner) helped lynch him for it. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bus job, but rather that there's a recent precedent for a baddie Scotty to do something like this.
Expanding on this parallel:

The following post is from Red vs. Blue, not Mad Max:
Spoiler: show
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:Epi? He's Epi. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Epi. Yet. Why does he have 2 votes?

MM- wow this guy I actually read...as good this game. I don't know what it is honestly. He's not as zany, he's more direct in his accusations. It's just atypical Mm day 1 behavior, and I'm liking it I think. Not that I don't like silly Mm behavior, but that I also like this guy as well. Enough so that I'm not gonn vote him today.
You don't know why I have two votes. MM is one of those votes, and you say he was direct in his accusations. Can you explain why MM voted for me?
Scotty goofed in that game by putting two reads together that weren't very compatible (he liked Metalmarsh, but not the votes on Epignosis, one of which was Metalmarsh). In this game he seems to have done something similar: he doesn't like Elohcin or Rico as much, but thinks Epignosis is steering the thread the wrong direction for suspecting the same two people. Incompatible.
This is so early for Facts.
Facts have a time requirement?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Epi, please elaborate your feelings regarding Elo if you don't mind.
Nice gal. I like her a lot.

Do you honestly think I'd have anything concrete to say about her based on the few posts she has, several of which were about thinking the Day ended after 24 hours?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I changed my vote to sanmateo, by the way.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You were on Scotty, right?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:You were on Scotty, right?
Correct.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

S~V~S wrote:
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually now that I think of it, this incident is rather similar to what happened in Red vs. Blue -- Scotty made a misstep on Day 1 by providing an inconsistent read relative to Epignosis (either his own votes or someone's votes for him, I can't recall exactly), and Epignosis (his partner) helped lynch him for it. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bus job, but rather that there's a recent precedent for a baddie Scotty to do something like this.
Expanding on this parallel:

The following post is from Red vs. Blue, not Mad Max:
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:Epi? He's Epi. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Epi. Yet. Why does he have 2 votes?

MM- wow this guy I actually read...as good this game. I don't know what it is honestly. He's not as zany, he's more direct in his accusations. It's just atypical Mm day 1 behavior, and I'm liking it I think. Not that I don't like silly Mm behavior, but that I also like this guy as well. Enough so that I'm not gonn vote him today.
You don't know why I have two votes. MM is one of those votes, and you say he was direct in his accusations. Can you explain why MM voted for me?
Scotty goofed in that game by putting two reads together that weren't very compatible (he liked Metalmarsh, but not the votes on Epignosis, one of which was Metalmarsh). In this game he seems to have done something similar: he doesn't like Elohcin or Rico as much, but thinks Epignosis is steering the thread the wrong direction for suspecting the same two people. Incompatible.
This is so early for Facts.
Facts have a time requirement?
No but they have a time factor.
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

NOT RIGHT

A man walked up the sidewalk through town bouncing and bopping in an upbeat way. If there wasn’t a homicidal biker gang lurking about town, no one would have thought ill of it. But when there is a homicidal biker gang lurking about town, you sure as hell think ill of it. The threat of anarchy and violence should chase off any impetus to bounce and bop.

“Something’s not right about that one,” someone murmured from inside a store.

“You’re right,” the shopkeeper agreed. He called the local precinct to alert them of this suspicious behavior.

“Bouncing and bopping?” the voice on the other end of the phone said. “We’ll send someone right away.”

-------------------------------------------

Scotty was just going about his day, trying to remain upbeat, when an MFP Interceptor came screeching around the corner, siren wailing and lights flashing. He looked behind him to see what chaos the MFP might be heading toward but the street behind him was empty, save for a few scowling people poking their heads out of storefronts.

He turned back to see the Interceptor skid to a halt a few feet away. Two officers leapt out of the car, weapons drawn.

“Stop where you are!” one shouted.

“Me?” the stunned man asked.

“Yes, you! Who are you and what are you up to?”

“I’m Scotty and I’m just out for a walk.”

“Out for a walk?” the officer balked. “Who goes out for a walk in times like these?”

“Well,” Scotty said, “it sure beats sitting at home feeling all scared.”

“Not afraid of these freaks, eh?” the other office asked. “Maybe that’s because you’re one of them. On the ground!”

Rather than comply, Scotty cocked his head and put his hands on his hips to convey disbelief. An instant later, Scotty collapsed in a heap as after a bullet tore through his skull.

“He looked like he was reaching for something!” the second officer declared. He holstered his still smoking firearm and pointed at his partner. “You saw it! Right?”

“Sure,” his partner replied. Doubt was painted all over his face. “Whatever keeps the paperwork clean.”

The stood there, staring at the body for a minute, hesitant to act.

“Well,” the first officer said, pointing to the body, “go check him out.”

“Why me?”

“Because you bloody well shot him, now didn’t you?”

“Yeah. Right.” He walked over and fished through the dead man’s pockets/purse and found a wallet. The officer's head slumped forward.

"What is it?" his partner asked.

"I'm going to catch bloody hell for this one. I don't know why he said his name was Scotty. Oh hell!"

"What are you getting at?"

"It's Charlie. Dammit I killed Charlie."

"Oh for Christ's sake."

-------------------------------------------

SCOTTY has been lynched. He was CHARLIE, an MFP officer.

You have until 8:00 pm US Eastern (just under 23 hours) to send in your Night PM's.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epi, please elaborate your feelings regarding Elo if you don't mind.

Do you honestly think I'd have anything concrete to say about her based on the few posts she has, several of which were about thinking the Day ended after 24 hours?
I knew you had nothing on me. Now I am a top suspect b/c you decided to be silly and call out my name. Thanks a lot, bub.

And, why did you change to sanmateo or whatever. Has he/she even posted yet?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I knew you had nothing on me. Now I am a top suspect b/c you decided to be silly and call out my name. Thanks a lot, bub.
What would I possibly have on you this early? And why blame me because other people voted you?
Elohcin wrote:And, why did you change to sanmateo or whatever. Has he/she even posted yet?
I don't know. Felt good at the time.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: MAD MAX: Night 1

Post by Scotty »

:sigh: Ah well. See y'all next time.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Damn it just missed the vote. Sorry.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bummer.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:No but they have a time factor.
What does that mean?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:- I moved Neil Hartley down to slight town from moderate town because his recent in-thread behavior concerns me just a bit. I feel like #TOWNJaggedJimmyJay would have displayed more effort to understand where Scotty was coming from (although he did display some of this) and less judging where Scotty was coming from. It was almost as if, once he pulled the Red vs. Blue example, JJJ didn't give Scotty's subsequent responses enough transparent consideration for my liking. Just a minor concern that I'd like to see him address.
What did I not do that you feel I should have done?

I stated in clear terms what I found suspicious about Scotty, let him answer to those things, commented independently about those answers (and directly questioned him about them) and eventually arrived at a decision. In recent games I have been quite inconsistent when making emotion-driven reads, and a key example of that was in Red vs. Blue about Scotty himself. He made an emotional appeal at the end of Day 1, I bought it, and he was bad. This time I was not willing to give him the same privilege, and I focused solely on the quality of his answers.

I felt they were of low quality. He flipped town. Bummer. My perspective was actually pretty similar to your own:
MovingPictures07 wrote:- I moved Scotty up from moderate mafia to slight mafia because, although he hasn't been able to really dig himself out of his hole due to not being able to adequately explain what he meant with his prior logic re: Epi, because I just cannot help but find some of his recent statements especially genuine.
Recall this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Scotty's responses to this recent criticism leaves me torn. On one hand, what he actually said remains unjustified: he specifically elected to cast some amount of suspicion on Epi for his proposed Elohcin/Rico/Dom/??? baddie team. Scotty himself also viewed two of the three named players with some amount of suspicion, so it's hard to understand why he'd feel that way about Epignosis.

On the other hand, he is being rather transparent at least about how it makes no sense, and he just crammed his own make-shift logic into the thread to justify a gut read. Townies are capable of that, irrational as it is.
Cognitive dissonance was a problem for both of us. You ended up supporting him and I ended up opposing him.

I'm not a fan of the fact that you raised this criticism of me, even if it's minor, before Scotty even flipped.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

Yo Mac, wanna team up?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please help me. I'm not doing what is convenient. I'm trying to solve the game, but I'm also trying not to get worked up. That's it.
Worked up about what?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, please address my previous response. You said I wasn't logical in the response to the first two posts you clipped but then said I was in the third. I really don't get it.
You lack a coherent voice in this game. I have said this thrice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy wrote:Yo Mac, wanna team up?
No, Mac. Team up with me. I actually have a doctors license.

I made it myself
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I looked back at Day 1 for any interesting Scotty-relevant content. Some nuggets:
insertnamehere wrote:Scotty is probably the person behind Ricochet who's pinging me the most. I don't like his interactions with Epi one bit.
This is drawn from a larger post of reads. The language is strong but also vague. I don't know why INH didn't like Scotty's interactions with Epi.
a2thezebra wrote:I have to go to work in a bit and I don't get off until after the day is over, so I've stopped by (I been lurking earlier) to change my vote from Ricochet back to Scotty. I suspect Rico because of WIFOM but I've been wrong about him that way before. With Scotty I struggle to see a genuine justification for his Glorfindel vote in the beginning of the game as well as his recent shenanigans with Epignosis regarding another obviously manufactured suspicion. In other words at this time I'm fairly confident that Rico is bad but very confident that Scotty is bad. So he earns my final vote.

Also I think Epignosis is civ, that's the only new read I have since catching up. I'll make a more in-depth catching up post when I get back from work.
Zebra exhibited more confidence than I'd expect to see for a Day 1 vote.
Elohcin wrote:Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
Elohcin's vote was also vaguely explained, and tacked onto an awkward backtrack defense of BWT (her previous vote).
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I would also expect that maybe a baddie Epi would steer clear from the day 1 bussing if we were both bad. I'm still not deadest that Epi is bad either, so I'd like to move on from him for now.
These sentences confuse me. Could you restate? I'm not sure why you're even thinking about the potential for Epignosis bussing you -- that requires you to be bad to even reach the first stage of thought.
I'm putting it through the magical Neil perspective.

I dunno man. I kinda just talk off the cuff and sometimes I don't really defend myself with my thoughts. I've been nothing but honest this game.
Regarding your other question -- no I'm not interested in lynching sanmateo either. It'd be ideal if he were here obviously, but I'd prefer to give him more time. He hasn't played here in a while, and nothing would encourage a person to stop coming here than to lynch them before they make a post.

In Red vs. Blue you snuggled up to me and made me look like a doofus at the end of Day 1. I am cold to your warmth! I do not feel your emotion! Neil Hartley is less easily moved than his agent!

Explain yourself in a meaningful way. Not just "I don't know what I'm talking about."
Neil, you don't seem particularly open-minded here. You demand explanations from Scotty when it is evident that he's been transparent in his thinking (per your words), despite what you imply here. What's the deal? I have to admit I'm a bit confused.
I already answered to this essentially. This post at face value reads as rather fake to me. I'll let MP talk more about it before I pass judgment though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
Elohcin's vote was also vaguely explained, and tacked onto an awkward backtrack defense of BWT (her previous vote).
im not sure about anyone else, but the yellow part alone looks.... not the best? i mean, at least personally, i wouldve rather had scotty and his lurker suspicion over someone who i cant talk to or get information from. at least at the current point in time
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Aw, crapweasel. Fell asleep and missed voting. :(
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

There was one post Scotty made that someone pointed to that sounded really civvie that I was going to point out but I didn't notice the day had already expired when I saw it so that's a shame. Not that my 1 vote would have counted for anything. I wouldn't have voted to make it a tie or no lynch in the end so I couldn't affect the result.

Dom - Re your question ... To my nose, Sloonei has seemed half in half out. Some of his posts have been assertive and some of them have seemed non committal. I'll point some out when I am not at work.

Wilgy/Spirityo in the interest of fairness I wouldn't want to combine our powers as we would be far too powerful an organisation to overcome. It's just not cricket.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just an FYI anyone using light background can't read that yellow. And I use light background cause its work safe.

RIP Scotty.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:Just an FYI anyone using light background can't read that yellow. And I use light background cause its work safe.

RIP Scotty.
Oops, good to know. Is there any particular color that is easiest to read?

Not trying to be snarky, serious question. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This is what the light background looks like. When you quote the yellow against the beige, especially, it is almost impossible to see especially on phone or tablet. You have to quote it to see it since highlighting is harder on phone.

The darker brights are good, the lighter ones not so much.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Augh, it's blinding! How can Neil Hartley perform with the lighting so intense?! Turn it down people, this is a classy lounge not a tanning salon!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:- I moved Neil Hartley down to slight town from moderate town because his recent in-thread behavior concerns me just a bit. I feel like #TOWNJaggedJimmyJay would have displayed more effort to understand where Scotty was coming from (although he did display some of this) and less judging where Scotty was coming from. It was almost as if, once he pulled the Red vs. Blue example, JJJ didn't give Scotty's subsequent responses enough transparent consideration for my liking. Just a minor concern that I'd like to see him address.
What did I not do that you feel I should have done?

I stated in clear terms what I found suspicious about Scotty, let him answer to those things, commented independently about those answers (and directly questioned him about them) and eventually arrived at a decision. In recent games I have been quite inconsistent when making emotion-driven reads, and a key example of that was in Red vs. Blue about Scotty himself. He made an emotional appeal at the end of Day 1, I bought it, and he was bad. This time I was not willing to give him the same privilege, and I focused solely on the quality of his answers.

I felt they were of low quality. He flipped town. Bummer. My perspective was actually pretty similar to your own:
MovingPictures07 wrote:- I moved Scotty up from moderate mafia to slight mafia because, although he hasn't been able to really dig himself out of his hole due to not being able to adequately explain what he meant with his prior logic re: Epi, because I just cannot help but find some of his recent statements especially genuine.
Recall this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Scotty's responses to this recent criticism leaves me torn. On one hand, what he actually said remains unjustified: he specifically elected to cast some amount of suspicion on Epi for his proposed Elohcin/Rico/Dom/??? baddie team. Scotty himself also viewed two of the three named players with some amount of suspicion, so it's hard to understand why he'd feel that way about Epignosis.

On the other hand, he is being rather transparent at least about how it makes no sense, and he just crammed his own make-shift logic into the thread to justify a gut read. Townies are capable of that, irrational as it is.
Cognitive dissonance was a problem for both of us. You ended up supporting him and I ended up opposing him.

I'm not a fan of the fact that you raised this criticism of me, even if it's minor, before Scotty even flipped.
I guess my problem with the whole thing is not what you did or didn't do as much as your tone, and your approach when Scotty was (to me anyway) increasingly sounding like an irrational civilian towards the end there. Your tone just came across harsh (not as in like mean or anything but just cold and not receptive) and you didn't appear to be considering any possibility that he was low hanging fruit. You just judged him for not making a logical response and kept your vote there. I don't know, it's not a major thing, but it seemed unlike TownH JJJ and I felt inclined to talk to you about it.

Why are you not a fan? I don't get why the timing is relevant. That's another ping I have to admit because I feel like Town JJJ would welcome my content and perspective, even if it is targeted at him. What am I missing?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Worked up about what?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, please address my previous response. You said I wasn't logical in the response to the first two posts you clipped but then said I was in the third. I really don't get it.
You lack a coherent voice in this game. I have said this thrice.
The game. I always get worked up about these games and emotionally attached to them. I'm trying to make as much as a conscious effort as possible not to do that this time despite heavy activity. It has relevance because you criticized me for not being logical in my Rico assessment, for example, and frankly I have no interest in over analyzing the fuck out of everything this time. So if that means I come across less logical so be it, but it is not alignment indicative.

What does that even mean though? When do I ever have a coherent voice and how is this game different? And how does that make me bad? I don't get any of that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:

I don't know; that's why I asked.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I looked back at Day 1 for any interesting Scotty-relevant content. Some nuggets:
insertnamehere wrote:Scotty is probably the person behind Ricochet who's pinging me the most. I don't like his interactions with Epi one bit.
This is drawn from a larger post of reads. The language is strong but also vague. I don't know why INH didn't like Scotty's interactions with Epi.
a2thezebra wrote:I have to go to work in a bit and I don't get off until after the day is over, so I've stopped by (I been lurking earlier) to change my vote from Ricochet back to Scotty. I suspect Rico because of WIFOM but I've been wrong about him that way before. With Scotty I struggle to see a genuine justification for his Glorfindel vote in the beginning of the game as well as his recent shenanigans with Epignosis regarding another obviously manufactured suspicion. In other words at this time I'm fairly confident that Rico is bad but very confident that Scotty is bad. So he earns my final vote.

Also I think Epignosis is civ, that's the only new read I have since catching up. I'll make a more in-depth catching up post when I get back from work.
Zebra exhibited more confidence than I'd expect to see for a Day 1 vote.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I would also expect that maybe a baddie Epi would steer clear from the day 1 bussing if we were both bad. I'm still not deadest that Epi is bad either, so I'd like to move on from him for now.
These sentences confuse me. Could you restate? I'm not sure why you're even thinking about the potential for Epignosis bussing you -- that requires you to be bad to even reach the first stage of thought.
I'm putting it through the magical Neil perspective.

I dunno man. I kinda just talk off the cuff and sometimes I don't really defend myself with my thoughts. I've been nothing but honest this game.
Regarding your other question -- no I'm not interested in lynching sanmateo either. It'd be ideal if he were here obviously, but I'd prefer to give him more time. He hasn't played here in a while, and nothing would encourage a person to stop coming here than to lynch them before they make a post.

In Red vs. Blue you snuggled up to me and made me look like a doofus at the end of Day 1. I am cold to your warmth! I do not feel your emotion! Neil Hartley is less easily moved than his agent!

Explain yourself in a meaningful way. Not just "I don't know what I'm talking about."
Neil, you don't seem particularly open-minded here. You demand explanations from Scotty when it is evident that he's been transparent in his thinking (per your words), despite what you imply here. What's the deal? I have to admit I'm a bit confused.
I already answered to this essentially. This post at face value reads as rather fake to me. I'll let MP talk more about it before I pass judgment though.
Sorry for not trimming this down but I'm on phone.

What sounds fake about it? How else can I address your concerns?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I guess my problem with the whole thing is not what you did or didn't do as much as your tone, and your approach when Scotty was (to me anyway) increasingly sounding like an irrational civilian towards the end there. Your tone just came across harsh (not as in like mean or anything but just cold and not receptive) and you didn't appear to be considering any possibility that he was low hanging fruit. You just judged him for not making a logical response and kept your vote there. I don't know, it's not a major thing, but it seemed unlike TownH JJJ and I felt inclined to talk to you about it.
I definitely was cold, I said as much. That's why I brought up the Red vs. Blue game. Here I was then, as WarmJimmyJay:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Quin, I think it was you who said it was suspicious if I change up my day 1 strategies from my norm. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I don't like giving tone reads on day 1, because I'm generally bad at them, but I figured practice makes perfect. It in this case, practice makes me get lynched day 1. So...cumquats.
This is what I was afraid of. I am inclined to believe Scotty that he wanted to mix up his Day 1 methods after getting crap for it frequently in recent memory. Scotty: if you're town and this doesn't end in your favor, I'd still encourage you to keep trying in future games. At least then people won't be able to say it's atypical.

I'd prefer we don't lynch Scotty.
He was bad and I looked like an idiot. That kind of thing has actually happened to me a few times lately. I also wrongly read you in Romance of the Three Kingdoms on a purely emotional level. Perhaps my confidence in those types of reads is shaken. I felt inclined to put that stuff away in my own brain and focus on the concrete: was he answering the questions adequately or not. I decided he wasn't. It wasn't even that he was illogical or irrational. It was that he didn't answer the question at all, or at least that's how I felt. The irrationality he expressed looked more like evasion to me than something genuine. I was wrong.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Why are you not a fan? I don't get why the timing is relevant. That's another ping I have to admit because I feel like Town JJJ would welcome my content and perspective, even if it is targeted at him. What am I missing?
I always welcome content and perspective, but I don't always like it. The timing is important because the potential for projection exists. I have to ask myself whether you already knew Scotty would be flipping something other than baddie and dropped the setup smear on me. So I'm exploring that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I guess my problem with the whole thing is not what you did or didn't do as much as your tone, and your approach when Scotty was (to me anyway) increasingly sounding like an irrational civilian towards the end there. Your tone just came across harsh (not as in like mean or anything but just cold and not receptive) and you didn't appear to be considering any possibility that he was low hanging fruit. You just judged him for not making a logical response and kept your vote there. I don't know, it's not a major thing, but it seemed unlike TownH JJJ and I felt inclined to talk to you about it.
I definitely was cold, I said as much. That's why I brought up the Red vs. Blue game. Here I was then, as WarmJimmyJay:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Quin, I think it was you who said it was suspicious if I change up my day 1 strategies from my norm. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I don't like giving tone reads on day 1, because I'm generally bad at them, but I figured practice makes perfect. It in this case, practice makes me get lynched day 1. So...cumquats.
This is what I was afraid of. I am inclined to believe Scotty that he wanted to mix up his Day 1 methods after getting crap for it frequently in recent memory. Scotty: if you're town and this doesn't end in your favor, I'd still encourage you to keep trying in future games. At least then people won't be able to say it's atypical.

I'd prefer we don't lynch Scotty.
He was bad and I looked like an idiot. That kind of thing has actually happened to me a few times lately. I also wrongly read you in Romance of the Three Kingdoms on a purely emotional level. Perhaps my confidence in those types of reads is shaken. I felt inclined to put that stuff away in my own brain and focus on the concrete: was he answering the questions adequately or not. I decided he wasn't. It wasn't even that he was illogical or irrational. It was that he didn't answer the question at all, or at least that's how I felt. The irrationality he expressed looked more like evasion to me than something genuine. I was wrong.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Why are you not a fan? I don't get why the timing is relevant. That's another ping I have to admit because I feel like Town JJJ would welcome my content and perspective, even if it is targeted at him. What am I missing?
I always welcome content and perspective, but I don't always like it. The timing is important because the potential for projection exists. I have to ask myself whether you already knew Scotty would be flipping something other than baddie and dropped the setup smear on me. So I'm exploring that.
Oh, okay, I fully understand now, thanks for elaborating. Any concerns I had regarding your behavior have been adequately addressed; I have no remaining beef.

Regarding the timing, that makes sense. Hadn't thought of that. I just had something that bothered me in the moment and wanted to make sure it was known but more importantly I wanted to be able to engage you on it. So I think it accomplished what it should have. And if you want to make that assessment about me, go ahead. It's only fair. Unfortunately I don't know anyone else's alignment but my own.

Ironically, I think we have switched places a bit this game. I always feel like I get to hung up on whether something makes sense despite the fact that townies don't make sense all the time. So old me probably would have condemned and voted Scotty in light of the dissonance, but I decided to listen to my gut this time.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Neil, you don't seem particularly open-minded here. You demand explanations from Scotty when it is evident that he's been transparent in his thinking (per your words), despite what you imply here. What's the deal? I have to admit I'm a bit confused.

Extraneous phrases (highlighted). The post just sounds laborious to my mind's ear.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think what bothers me more is that more people weren't critically analyzing their voters. I guess that's normal and understandable... but like Mac, I really thought despite Scotty'a objectively scummy behavior he was sounding genuine. But no one was willing to move their votes... but no one was really around. Meh.

If we were to take a POE approach to this game, Jay, how would you feel about this lynch? Not sure if that makes sense but I'm trying to immerse myself more in the nuts and bolts of this method and it appears I missed out on it's employment in RvB. I guess what I want to know is: would Scotty have been considered an inevitable lynch under POE or is it impossible to tell? And where would we go from here if it was decided that Scotty was to be lynched?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Critically analyzing their VOTES. Stupid phone.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The game.
HA-HA! HA! HA!

Anyway, this is a reminder that role PM's are due in about 11 hours. Don't forget!
My Banners:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Neil, you don't seem particularly open-minded here. You demand explanations from Scotty when it is evident that he's been transparent in his thinking (per your words), despite what you imply here. What's the deal? I have to admit I'm a bit confused.

Extraneous phrases (highlighted). The post just sounds laborious to my mind's ear.
Well, I have been watching a lot of Seinfeld lately. What's the deal with airplane peanuts? :P

Seriously though, I'm not sure what else to elaborate upon when it comes to my language here. If anything describes me it's verbose. Is that what you are seeing that's problematic about it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:
HA-HA! HA! HA!

Anyway, this is a reminder that role PM's are due in about 11 hours. Don't forget!
:puppy:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well unfortunately I have to go again. Probably won't be back before N1 is over but idk. BBL
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
HA-HA! HA! HA!

:puppy:
Completely unrelated to this game: After all these years, I love that such references still elicit a reaction from those in the know. :biggrin:
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If we were to take a POE approach to this game, Jay, how would you feel about this lynch? Not sure if that makes sense but I'm trying to immerse myself more in the nuts and bolts of this method and it appears I missed out on it's employment in RvB. I guess what I want to know is: would Scotty have been considered an inevitable lynch under POE or is it impossible to tell? And where would we go from here if it was decided that Scotty was to be lynched?
"Inevitable lynch" is a strong term that I probably wouldn't employ. The concept of POE can be perceived as two separate ideas:

1. A single player judges the game roster indivdually, looking for town reads to reduce his or her own suspect pool.

2. A group of players work together to form a pseudo-consensus about who is the most trustworthy, to significantly reduce the suspect pool and strengthen their voting power.

I would say that I employed #1 with Scotty. My rainbow list functioned for that general purpose -- to determine which players I wasn't interested in lynching to help focus on the others. Scotty was an orange, and when a case developed it became a worthy choice. I wouldn't say he was incapable of getting out of that scenario if he'd lived longer. Anyone working with POE is responsible for reassessing it every time new information comes into play.

Day 1 is a little early for #2 unless there are a multiple people present who like to play that way (rarely/never the case around here).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

I see that Mac is still alive... :sigh:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

What would I possibly have on you this early? And why blame me because other people voted you?
Elohcin wrote:And, why did you change to sanmateo or whatever. Has he/she even posted yet?
I don't know. Felt good at the time.
Bc people follow you when it comes to me. and...I don't think you ought to get away with "felt good at the time."
DrWilgy wrote:Yo Mac, wanna team up?
What is this?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What's there to get away with?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
What's the opportunity?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

What's the opportunity?
I think "opportunity" was the wrong word to use. I think a better word to describe it is, suspicious, or, coincidental.
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”