Total votes: 0
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If there's anything new I could say about INH now, it's something that applies to any of Ricochet's ardent opposition.

I think Rico was a very easy target for the baddies and I'd be surprised if at least one of them didn't take advantage.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

What are all our thoughts on Dom?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-MAN:

Do you happen to have the Day 2 poll available?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:What are all our thoughts on Dom?
I still think he looks town. I don't really think his attacks on MP appear manipulative. I see a person who is perceiving a strong parallel to RoTTK and is pursuing that angle diligently. The worst I could say is that he had a quiet Day 2. That's not a big issue to me. I'm not a fan of his isolated vote either I guess. Some people do that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Day 6 - The Discharge

I'm afraid that keeping in contact with this game has been more challenging than I'd imagined it would :( Still, I think things will settle down now for a while so let me try to find my feet back here again.

On an unrelated note: G, do your write-ups have to be so... graphic? Frankly, I found that last one a trifle disturbing...
I apologize if the content of that night post went a little too far. It's something I was prone to years ago while hosting and old habits die hard. Part of the reasoning behind it is to emphasize the evil nature of the baddies on the narrative side of the equation. The players themselves are not sadistic and evil but the roles they occupy are. If this game were real life, the graphic content corresponds to what I hope is an authentic representation of what psycho killers would do in this given setting.

It does seem at odds with my goofy demeanor in games but I suppose I take hosting more as srsbsnss than playing. The context of the first Mad Max film warrants some graphic content to convey the desperate situation the townsfolk are in. Civilization is collapsing around them in the movie. Perhaps, on some level, I want the civvies to have a parallel mental state as those poor souls in the film. And perhaps that's going too far because I still want you all to have fun. Can you be nauseated by graphic content but still have fun? On that matter, everyone is different.

I'll try to keep it a bit tamer from here on out but be warned that I have at least one other grim ending on tap that I've been sitting on since I posted the game for consideration. Don't be afraid to call me out when you think I've crossed a line. It'll help get better as a host.
Thank you, G - I appreciate you addressing that for me. Please don't misunderstand me here - if you're aiming for kinda gruesome, you're doing a splendid job and I do find your write-ups compelling and I genuinely appreciate your attempts to reflect the context of the Mad Max films (which incidentally I've never seen and do not now intend to... :haha: ). I simply thought that was a terrible way for poor S-V-S to go :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:in front of us?
Sloonei wrote:I just got home and I have two immediate thoughts:
1. Hi Quin
2. What's up with Dom?
You rang?
Yes. You've made lots of short, 1-2 word answers and cast a total outlier vote yesterday. Now you've come in today with the same approach, directing all your attention on MP. But I'm not convinced. Because you're not really saying anything about him. Convince me.
Can you actually support this claim?
I don't think you can. I had a quiet day 2, but was quite detailed in this regard on Day 1. Don't cherrypick data to fit a mold.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What are all our thoughts on Dom?
I still think he looks town. I don't really think his attacks on MP appear manipulative. I see a person who is perceiving a strong parallel to RoTTK and is pursuing that angle diligently. The worst I could say is that he had a quiet Day 2. That's not a big issue to me. I'm not a fan of his isolated vote either I guess. Some people do that.
Busy end of my week. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Anyway, I believe MP is trying to employ his RoTK gameplay without his meltdown(s) to try and win this game. i think he would have been more successful in that game without his meltdown(s).

He buddied me in that game. I was also role playing early in that game. He defended me against those claims. This is not something I see civ MP doing because he wouldn't see roleplaying as a sign of civilian play or baddie play. He would read it as a neutral write off. Therefore, I see MP employing the exact same strategy he used in the previous game where he was bad. Also he killed SVS in an almost identical part of the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:Anyway, I believe MP is trying to employ his RoTK gameplay without his meltdown(s) to try and win this game. i think he would have been more successful in that game without his meltdown(s).

He buddied me in that game. I was also role playing early in that game. He defended me against those claims. This is not something I see civ MP doing because he wouldn't see roleplaying as a sign of civilian play or baddie play. He would read it as a neutral write off. Therefore, I see MP employing the exact same strategy he used in the previous game where he was bad. Also he killed SVS in an almost identical part of the game.
I suppose what I want most is actual evidence that he's buddying you. It's possible I missed something, but all I can recall is that you accused him of buddying for listing you as a town read on his initial rainbow. That's inconclusive. You made a few points early about his "inconsistent voice", I think, but I haven't seen much development since then. Got anything new to add? He made a lot of posts at the end of the day yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If there's anything new I could say about INH now, it's something that applies to any of Ricochet's ardent opposition.

I think Rico was a very easy target for the baddies and I'd be surprised if at least one of them didn't take advantage.
I disagree completely. I feel the opposite. Mafia see players going hard at him and can defend him. I don't see how he was an easy target at all. He had staunch support.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If there's anything new I could say about INH now, it's something that applies to any of Ricochet's ardent opposition.

I disagree completely. I feel the opposite. Mafia see players going hard at him and can defend him. I don't see how he was an easy target at all. He had staunch support.
He was a very easy target because he didn't behave like a generic townie. It happens in nearly every game to someone. Sometimes it's Wilgy goofing off. Sometimes it's someone roleplaying. Sometimes it's [insert atypical behavior here]. His opposition also started simultaneous to or perhaps even before the staunch support showed up to stave it off.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:Anyway, I believe MP is trying to employ his RoTK gameplay without his meltdown(s) to try and win this game. i think he would have been more successful in that game without his meltdown(s).

I suppose what I want most is actual evidence that he's buddying you. It's possible I missed something, but all I can recall is that you accused him of buddying for listing you as a town read on his initial rainbow. That's inconclusive. You made a few points early about his "inconsistent voice", I think, but I haven't seen much development since then. Got anything new to add? He made a lot of posts at the end of the day yesterday.
TBH I would have to reread his posts. I am very tired and caught up on ~10 pages pretty quick.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The specificity of this comparison is preventing it from resonating with me -- particularly the S~V~S kill. I don't think it means anything that she was killed at similar times in each game. I'm waffling on him though and should probably do a proper ISO now before his post count triples. I don't feel like I can justify calling him a town read, and that's a meaningful thing considering his rate of contribution. My gut isn't vibing with him somehow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I think needs to be stated is that with four players dead, presumably none of them baddies, we're already left in a rather precarious position. It's likely 11 vs. 4, and that "4" is a daunting total. When I look at the player roster, I see a number of people I'd be inclined to read town gun-to-head. I'd struggle to name four baddies without defaulting to indiglo, for example. That means it's very likely that someone who looks town is not, and still yet decently likely that more than one fits that description.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

He was a very easy target because he didn't behave like a generic townie. It happens in nearly every game to someone. Sometimes it's Wilgy goofing off. Sometimes it's someone roleplaying. Sometimes it's [insert atypical behavior here]. His opposition also started simultaneous to or perhaps even before the staunch support showed up to stave it off.
A caveat to this point for Mac: while I think Rico was an easy target, I don't disagree that some baddie players would be more inclined to take his side instead. There's room for suspicion on both sides of the discussion, and that's something I'll be looking at in my coming analyses. If I ask myself what I'd do, I think I'd most likely oppose the Rico lynch as a baddie, particularly on a day when he received numerous votes quickly. He'd still be a likely mislynch even with my fighting it, and I wouldn't be complicit in the aftermath. Some other baddies would take the opportunity where it lies and go after Rico.

Y'all can WIFOM that around if you want since I did oppose the lynch. Don't care.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spirityo, Glorfindel, MP, Sloonei profile as possible team imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

A caveat to this point for Mac: while I think Rico was an easy target, I don't disagree that some baddie players would be more inclined to take his side instead. There's room for suspicion on both sides of the discussion, and that's something I'll be looking at in my coming analyses. If I ask myself what I'd do, I think I'd most likely oppose the Rico lynch as a baddie, particularly on a day when he received numerous votes quickly. He'd still be a likely mislynch even with my fighting it, and I wouldn't be complicit in the aftermath. Some other baddies would take the opportunity where it lies and go after Rico.

Y'all can WIFOM that around if you want since I did oppose the lynch. Don't care.
I agree.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 ISO:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
MP placed the second vote on Mac in response to Rico's policy call. I think this is mildly suspicious, though perhaps not for the reason you'd expect. I don't think it's opportunistic, because I doubt MP intended to leave his vote here anyway. Rather, it looks like MP is making a concerted effort to appear like he is playing loose and doesn't care how he looks -- which would imply he is not playing loose. That wouldn't be ideal.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and I'm tentatively feeling good about zebra as well. Her willingness to throw a vote on Scotty for a perceived :eye: moment seemed natural and not forced.

Not feeling those bad vibes from anyone just yet, but I'm sure they will come. :feb:
The reason provided for the early town read on Zebra appears somewhat forced.
MovingPictures07 wrote:INH is bad.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
As always, shits and giggles are often in the eye of the shitter and giggler. What makes one man shit and giggle, may not make someone else.
OK, this was the best response imaginable. INH is not getting my vote today.
Eh. Even if the first post here was a flier accusation, I think a town MP would have still had a reason for saying it relevant to INH's play (or the lack there-of). So that he hurled that accusation and then jokingly retracted it in this following post based on nothing relevant isn't my favorite thing.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MP if you are voting for me for shits and giggles or to see a reaction from me then posting it kind of nullifies any pointed post I could make. Yet again you are bad in a game I am in.

Ricochet's "policy lynch" is based on the fact that I policy night killed him in the previous game. That won't be happening here by virtue of the fact that I do not have the power of night kills. :hugs:

Glorfindel is probably also voting for me because I night killed him last game.
Lol at you thinking that makes me bad. :p

Well, you're here now, so I'm switching to BWT. :srsnod:
The "playing loose" appeal looks a little more authentic here.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
The "trying too hard" argument bothers me, but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it. I just don't agree. Also, Neil Hartley has nothing to do with Mad Max.
Non-committal.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know?
What a wild post, madame! How would you feel if Neil Hartley told you that you "tried too hard" to find something negative to say about his roleplay! I think you might be bad news, and I'm gonna inform security to keep an eye on your table.

Elohcin
How much of this serious?
This is a strange question. MP has also criticized Elohcin for her treatment of my roleplay, so in this early instance when I (or more accurately Neil Hartley) voiced that same suspicion, MP needed to know whether I was serious. I don't understand that.
MovingPictures07 wrote:You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
I think this post is the centerpiece of the MP ISO, honestly, or at least for Day 1. When he says he "killed logical, rational MP", I believe him. His Day 1 reflects that, particularly his early content. What this implies is that he entered the game with a new mindset that he hoped would help him to keep his emotions in check.

That doesn't mean he drew a town role card. I'm still not convinced the visible examples of a more carefree MP (i.e. the Mac vote at the start of the day) are authentic. Some of it has felt like it's there for show and not there for MP's own comfort.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Neil Hartley is a man of action. I'm going to let you all know how I feel, because feeling it everything in my line of work baby. Don't you worry about the exact order, just look at the tiers.

Dom
S~V~S

Epignosis
insertnamehere
MacDougall
LoRab
Ricochet
Sloonei

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

a2thezebra
Glorfindel
motel room
MovingPictures07
Scotty
sprityo

Elohcin
I'm orange! :yay:
:ponder:

This again bears the appearance of a carefree MP. The appearance.

I think even a modified version of town MP would still engage JaggedJimmyJay on a sub-median rainbow read of him more than that. Not only does MP have a reason to care about his own position, but he should also be concerned with my motives for putting him there. This doesn't look authentic.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not taking things hyper-seriously because I don't want to get my blood pressure up over a game like I nearly always do. I have other things to get my blood pressure up about. I don't need this too. I think I'm taking the accusations lodged at me with the appropriate amount of seriousness in my responses. I feel like you are writing your own narrative for my posts rather than trying to understand me.
Another opportunity to judge MP's mindset at face value. I like this one.

A second rainbow in which MP makes a number of adjustments and explains them. Following his rainbow progression is an important thing, because it played a big role in his being snared in Transistor. In this case I don't observe any immediate issues. I might look at these rainbows in a separate post to get a more conclusive look player-by-player.

~~~

To be continued. I want to post this now while people are in the thread and can comment if they like.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

I'm reading into both Dom's and MP's interactions with each other right now. Up until the point where he suggests he's being buddied, I can understand his suspicion, but I don't think I agree with it anyway. True, MP doesn't really indicate his feelings about Dom before the list and they barely have any associations anyway, but Dom's taking that neutrality and tried to twist it so much it just looks like tunneling to me. I'd like to have a condensed version of your full case against MP, Dom.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 ISO continued...

Dialogue between MP and I - On one hand I think MP was a little too easy on me. I didn't have to do much to melt away his concerns, and that makes me wonder how serious they were in the first place. On the other hand, I think his commentary about townies making sense/not making sense is valid and I can see at least a small glimmer of that mindset in his play.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I asked myself a question about each living player: is there anything about this person that I can say is distinctly town-inclined?

a2thezebra - sure
birdwithteeth11 - whatever
Dom - sure
DrWilgy - sure
Elohcin - no
Glorfindel - no
insertnamehere - sure
LoRab - no
MacDougall - sure
motel room - sure
MovingPictures - no
Ricochet - sure
S~V~S - sure
sanmateo - whatever
Sloonei - sure
sprityo - no

Extracting my "no" people: Elohcin, Glorfindel, LoRab, MovingPictures07, sprityo

The whatever people are wild cards until they post: birdwithteeth11, sanmateo

It's likely I'm wrong about at least one person with a "sure", but this is a starting point for my reads. The "sure" for motel room may be surprising, I'll expand shortly. Any other questions, go for it.
:sigh:
Less pleased than last time about my negative grade on him.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei is towning this thread up. I'd be shocked if he's mafia, at least right now.
I made a very similar post before this one (sans the "shocked" language), and I am concerned that this is more parrot than mind meld.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mac, I'm confused. Why, when I just asked you whom you would like to lynch, you said sprityo, yet in this pile of stuff you do not mention him at all; rather, you read JJJ and Rico as bad? What am I missing?
This point doesn't work for me. I don't think it's confusing or suspicious for MacDougall to state a desire to lynch one person while also expressing suspicion of other people in a separate post. Context and circumstance dictate conversation.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've seen a number of people cast suspicion on Elohcin, but I remain the only vote.
Unless something changes between now and when I finish catching up, I'll be joining you there. Her play is completely uninspiring and, contrary to what Mac has been saying, I think she has the strongest reason to kill Epi of anyone in this game.
MP has probably been my most vocal supporter against Elohcin. From this I would gather one probable reality: MP and Elohcin aren't team mates. I feel this way for two reasons:

1. If I am wrong about Elohcin, I get the blame. MP is the supporter more than the promoter in this case, and he wouldn't be likely to take as much crap for it as I would. That represents an opportunity for a hypothetical baddie MP to latch onto the case of vocal JJJ and then let him suffer the consequences.

2. If I am right about Elohcin, I get the credit. It's the same concept in reverse. Given that other than S~V~S the case hasn't caught on much, I don't think bad MP would need to bus her.

I could be overthinking that and welcome dissenting perspectives.

Rainbow #3, Mind Meld Critical Mass

His reads are almost identical to mine at this point in the game. It could be the result of the splitting of voices into factions as was seen with Rico, or it could be hyper-buddying. A way to explore this would be to call upon Sloonei, the third member of our Day 2 triumvirate.

Sloonei: how close would you say MP's rainbow was to your own feelings late in Day 2?

Large, substantive defense of Ricochet - This might be MP's best post. I like it because he is standing up for Ricochet for personal reasons instead of merely parroting the reasons already stated in the thread by other people. He is drawing a parallel between Rico's conduct and his own mentality about the game, and I think it looks good. I might like it so much that I'd be willing to forgive the numerous vibey problems I've encountered elsewhere.

~~~

Okay, that's enough. In these two huge ISO posts I have identified a number of bad moments for MP. Essentially all of them, however, have been a matter of gut reaction and not substantive evidence. I would like MP to address the points I have made as best as time allows (it isn't necessary to respond to every single thing, just the stuff you find most pertinent). There are two things which are leaving me with a town read right now:

1. The last point I made right up there. I really think it means a lot.

2. I don't think he's Elohcin's team mate, and I suspect Elohcin more than him.

Thoughts, comments, concerns, lay 'em on me baby. I'm Neil Hartley, America's most beloved lounge crooner, and I have all night to talk.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Arguably something that looks good for MP is the reads he's made after Dom's accusation of buddying him and taking the cards that are convenient for him as opposed to for the town. I would expect a baddie in that situation to distance himself from Dom by making reads independent from Dom's train of thought. MP isn't doing that, I'm seeing legitimate attempts to read the people in his posts that show he's not trying to avoid that scrutiny. I think this interaction with Dom is civ-on-civ.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JJJ for you to be alive after 2 night kills is meaningful. As the most vocal player in the game you would be killed more often than not if there wasn't something to be gained for not killing you.

Assuming you are not Mafia, what potential reasons can you see for you still being alive? In light of both our kills so far being quite unusual choices at face value.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:JJJ for you to be alive after 2 night kills is meaningful. As the most vocal player in the game you would be killed more often than not if there wasn't something to be gained for not killing you.

Assuming you are not Mafia, what potential reasons can you see for you still being alive? In light of both our kills so far being quite unusual choices at face value.
I am very rarely killed this early. Your decision to off me in RotTK was the exception, not the rule. For whatever reason, I tend to hang around in a significant majority of my town games. It could be early reads gone awry, it could be pocketing, it could be that my reads are solid and baddies are afraid to kill me and incriminate themselves. This is always an impossible question.

I don't think the kill choices were unusual or surprising. Epignosis is a great player and when he is town he is a threat to any baddie. S~V~S is also a great townie. Moreover, neither of them was ever a likely lynch and S~V~S especially was a consensus town read. In fact I'd say these two kills have been very chalk so far. Why do you feel they're unusual?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I didn't feel like either of them had done much to warrant being killed. Particularly SVS.

That being said, you mention early reads going awry being a possible reason. Can you speculate on why in this game you might not be a night kill choice? Assuming for arguments sake that you actually aren't left alive in your townie games often.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:Spirityo, Glorfindel, MP, Sloonei profile as possible team imo.
You're really determined to shoehorn me in as a baddie.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I like the inclusion of sprityo in that list though. He continues to be way off anyone's radar.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Having slept on it, I still feel good about lynching Elohcin today, but she still has not been on to talk about things today, and even if she is bad she'll still have 3 teammates.

I won't be around much until later this evening.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I didn't feel like either of them had done much to warrant being killed. Particularly SVS.

That being said, you mention early reads going awry being a possible reason. Can you speculate on why in this game you might not be a night kill choice? Assuming for arguments sake that you actually aren't left alive in your townie games often.
If I had to guess at the most likely reason I'm alive, it'd be the fact that I am a polarizing presence. By the end of Day 2, I had you and Zebra being quite vocal about me as a scum read. While Rico's town flip seemed to quell that some in the immediate aftermath, I'd imagine I still looked less trusted than S~V~S, who pretty much nobody was reading as scum (and everyone who talked about her read her as town).

Moreover, both kills involved people who were likely to be willing Elohcin voters and also not her most vocal opposition. The benefits are the same while the attribution is less blatant.

I'm totally guessing here. There's no way to know. What I don't think to be a likely reason is that someone has pocketed me. I haven't town read MP a single time in this game until Day 3. If anyone has pocketed me it'd be Sloonei, and that pocket job would have to be quite thorough and complete because I still see no good reason to suspect him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

@ Quin - Yes, you found the post I was referring to.

@ Sloonei - If you are trying to read more on a person that you could be troubled about, you don't make it obvious. Duh!

The players I will be looking at today are:
Mac - simply b/c other players are finding him suspicious and I seem to be missing the hype. I need to reread him.
Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
and
....not sure who else atm.

I agree with Lorab and Sloon about Glor. I think we ought to see more of him before we decide to boot him out with allthe RL stuff going on there.
Sloonei wrote:But lots of people have named Elohcin as a suspect. SVS was far from the most prominent. I feel like tracing this death back to Eloh involves lots of twisting of things. Sure, there's a connection, but I wouldn't call it a big or obvious one that would warrant that sort of motive.
LoRab wrote:
Sorry for not being clear, although not actually sure where the confusion is. If a player names someone else, and that someone else is mafia, then the mafia as a team might kill them to get rid of that suspicion. That's all I meant. I think that kill philosophy is more likely in a speed game. Basically, SVS named Elo as suspect. If Elo were mafia, then Elo's team might kill SVS as a result of SVS suspecting mafia. Also, mafia could kill SVS to frame Elo, if Elo were not on the team. Trying to decide which is more likely.
I think these two posts deserve a repeat. Also in reaction to what JJJ said on the subject. He's right. If I were bad, I would have killed him :p Sorry JJJ. But if I were bad this game....I would see you as a risk b/c you seem less stable this game. Usually when I am bad and you are good, you are helpful to keep around for a while. You run the thread and it usually works in favor of the baddies b/c by mere chance, it's more likely for the thread to be wrong about who they think is bad in the beginning of the game. I'm not saying you are an unhelpful civ, by no means. You are very helpful. I am not sure I am explaining myself very well.

I'd love to stick around and read the last page I need to catch up but I get to go sit at a ball field all day while my daughter gets team pictures and then has a game. And then there will be down time in between. I still have to workout and make our lunches before I go and I am cutting it close on time. I hope y'all enjoy your day and I will be back this evening/late afternoon. Perhaps I can catch up on my phone...maybe.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:I think these two posts deserve a repeat. Also in reaction to what JJJ said on the subject. He's right. If I were bad, I would have killed him :p Sorry JJJ. But if I were bad this game....I would see you as a risk b/c you seem less stable this game. Usually when I am bad and you are good, you are helpful to keep around for a while. You run the thread and it usually works in favor of the baddies b/c by mere chance, it's more likely for the thread to be wrong about who they think is bad in the beginning of the game. I'm not saying you are an unhelpful civ, by no means. You are very helpful. I am not sure I am explaining myself very well.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'll break it down into individual points and maybe you'll be able to clarify better.

1. I actually suggested that if you're bad it isn't necessarily true that you'd kill me. Such a kill would point directly back to you, while killing other less vocal threats (i.e. Epignosis and S~V~S) eliminates voting problems you might face without the same degree of exposure. It's speculative though I grant.

2. Why is my potentially being less stable more of a "risk" to you if you're bad? That sounds backwards.

3. Given your highlighted premise, I am brought to wonder which games you are referring to. I compiled each of the games in which you have been bad and I was also participating:

Elohcin bad / JJJ bad (The Syndicate Mafia)

Elohcin bad [late replacement] / JJJ independent (Turf Wars)

Elohcin bad / JJJ bad (Transistor)

Elohcin bad / JJJ good (Triskaidekaphobia)

Of the four times, we've been team mates twice and once I was an pro-town indy (and you made like five posts). Those wouldn't seem applicable. That leaves only Triskaidekaphobia, in which I was killed on Night 4 after spending nearly all of the game prior under immense pressure and suspicion (including your own attempt to help Epignosis mislynch me). I definitely didn't run that thread because most people didn't trust me.

Could you expand on which game(s) you have in mind when you make this statement?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Only about two hours separated the two replacements. I'm not inclined to judge either Quin or indiglo based on that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We seem to be at a sort of collective impasse. There are a lot of theories being fielded, but strong opinions are hard to come by (understandably in this evidence-vacant environment).

I think we could use some gun to head reads. The group kind. Hopefully there'll be some people around simultaneously to make it possible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm still most confident about Elohcin, but I also do not like the way LoRab immediately tried to spin SVS's death into something involving Eloh. It seemed like an unnatural response to me. I'd probably put her back near the top of my suspects list again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:I'm still most confident about Elohcin, but I also do not like the way LoRab immediately tried to spin SVS's death into something involving Eloh. It seemed like an unnatural response to me. I'd probably put her back near the top of my suspects list again.
I actually think LoRab covered both sides of that dynamic adequately. I also ask myself how frame jobs normally work. Does a baddie make a misdirection kill and then jump into the thread and promote that misdirection? Or does a baddie make a misdirection kill and then let the townies come to that conclusion on their own?

It may depend upon the player. I've made a ton of frame kills in my day though and it's almost exclusively the latter for me. There's usually no need to do that, and it is likely to draw side-eyed paranoia often as it would have here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

For the sake of visual comparison, here are Elohcin's two most recent baddie games:

Transistor

Triskaidekaphobia

One parallel I'd draw from Transistor stems from Day 1 of that game. Zebra was deliberately behaving like a goofball, and she got mislynched for it. She was the standard example of an easy target, and Elohcin took advantage of that. In this game I think there's a similar appearance in her confusion/suspicion of my roleplay. Zebra wasn't actually suspicious at all in that game, and I don't think I was on Day 1 of this one either. I guess what I'm saying is she took Zebra's bait in that game and she may have also taken my bait in this one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In an attempt to better organize my thoughts about the game, I have split the 15 living players into three groups purely by post count. I will then make inferences about those groups.

Top five post count, not including me:

MovingPictures07
a2thezebra
Sloonei
MacDougall

If one of these people is bad, I think the most likely is Mac. I would rank the likelihood of the possible number of scum in this tier as follows: 1 = 0 > 2 > 3 > 4

Middle five post count:

insertnamehere
motel room
LoRab
Elohcin
sprityo

This looks like a potential hot bed to me. I've already stated some suspicions of Elohcin and sprityo. I have made a single positive assessment of motel room, but it's not the strongest thing and I wouldn't exonerate him right now. LoRab is a valid enough suspect even if my gut doesn't quite agree right now. INH is about the same thing -- he can be validly cased despite my gut uncertainty.

Same ranking: 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 0

Bottom five post count:

sanmateo / Quin
Dom
DrWilgy
Glorfindel
birdwithteeth11 / indiglo

I have liked Quin a lot since he came aboard. There's not much more he could do to show a pro-town mindset having replaced into a relatively large thread. Dom got off to a great start but has since tapered off. I think he looks like a townie at face value. DrWilgy is a prototype of himself, which is pretty null. Glorfindel has had understandably been unable to keep up with the game consistently; I do think though that he's more suspicious than most others. I'm not sure he's made the most of the opportunities he has had. indiglo hasn't been able to get involved yet, so that remains null.

Same ranking: 2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's getting a little quiet in here. Neil Hartley might have to sing a song to break the ice.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Elohcin wrote:Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
I beg your pardon? Have I been replaced? I don't recall asking for a replacement?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
I beg your pardon? Have I been replaced? I don't recall asking for a replacement?
I think she just misspoke.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Elohcin wrote: Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
No offense taken. And please look at my posts. I think you will realize that it is just your predisposition.
Sloonei wrote:I'm still most confident about Elohcin, but I also do not like the way LoRab immediately tried to spin SVS's death into something involving Eloh. It seemed like an unnatural response to me. I'd probably put her back near the top of my suspects list again.
It may be unnatural for you, but it was a natural response for me. I looked back at her posts after her death and Elo is one of the very few players she mentioned whose allignment we don't know (or can assume). You're the other one, but she seemed to mention Elo more. That combined with the night kill of Epi night 1, the connection got made in my mind. So I mentioned it. Either she's being framed, and I therefore want to think about what players would do that. Or she's bad and we therefore need to think about who else on a baddie team would make kills like that.

As to all who suspect me, I urge you to look at my posts. I'm civ. I'm trying my best and bringing things up as I see them. I still suspect INH. And I suspect Elo. My vote will likely be for one of those 2.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The thing about Eloh being framed is that I don't think it needs to happen. I may be mistaken, but it seems to me that she is the closest we have to a consensus suspect. I can't imagine the scum team got together last night and said "what we need to do is incriminate Elohcin some more." She was already likely to be lynched soon regardless.
What would make more sense is that they wanted to get out ahead of her lynch and bus her, supposing she is indeed scum. I admit that this theory has influenced my feelings about LoRab today even though we can't be sure of Eloh's alignment yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:We seem to be at a sort of collective impasse. There are a lot of theories being fielded, but strong opinions are hard to come by (understandably in this evidence-vacant environment).

I think we could use some gun to head reads. The group kind. Hopefully there'll be some people around simultaneously to make it possible.
I am on board for some guns to heads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

LoRab wrote:
Elohcin wrote: Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
No offense taken. And please look at my posts. I think you will realize that it is just your predisposition.
It may be unnatural for you, but it was a natural response for me. I looked back at her posts after her death and Elo is one of the very few players she mentioned whose allignment we don't know (or can assume). You're the other one, but she seemed to mention Elo more. That combined with the night kill of Epi night 1, the connection got made in my mind. So I mentioned it. Either she's being framed, and I therefore want to think about what players would do that. Or she's bad and we therefore need to think about who else on a baddie team would make kills like that.

As to all who suspect me, I urge you to look at my posts. I'm civ. I'm trying my best and bringing things up as I see them. I still suspect INH. And I suspect Elo. My vote will likely be for one of those 2.
Hello, my friend! I don't know that I have any suspicions of you but there is one thing I'd like to clarify. Based on my recollection of our last game, you latched on to me after I actively (and admittedly erroneously) pursued the lynching of Timmer. I seem to recall that you were later asked by someone (DFaraday?) about your tunnelling on me and you remarked that it is a hallmark of your Town game. It's now Day 3 here and I've not noticed anything like that from you. Is that simply because you haven't found anyone you suspect sufficiently?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
I think she just misspoke.
That's a relief! I thought I'd missed something :(

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Are you caught up enough to offer any reads, Glorf?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's been a long day for Neil Hartley, and I'm going to have to take the rest of evening off. I wouldn't leave you without a parting tune though, and a few friends of mine you may have heard before will be joining me for something special. Hit it Charlie!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Hello, my friend! I don't know that I have any suspicions of you but there is one thing I'd like to clarify. Based on my recollection of our last game, you latched on to me after I actively (and admittedly erroneously) pursued the lynching of Timmer. I seem to recall that you were later asked by someone (DFaraday?) about your tunnelling on me and you remarked that it is a hallmark of your Town game. It's now Day 3 here and I've not noticed anything like that from you. Is that simply because you haven't found anyone you suspect sufficiently?
Part of it is that. Although I still do suspect INH--I just haven't talked about it as much on day 3 as I had day 2. The suspicion is still there, though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am interested to see what Elo has to say.

I am placing a vote for spirityo.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by indiglo »

Well, I've read the past 5-ish pages or so... and that's not much. :puppy: My apologies, the internet in this hotel is pretty good, my brain is just too tired from prepping and traveling to focus much on mafia atm. I'm more at a veg out and fall asleep place. :scared: I do plan on getting more active just as soon as I can. I will not miss votes, but I feel bad about not being informed enough to use my vote to its full potential.

On the plus side, I really enjoyed all the episodes of the Mystery Show podcast that I got listened. That type of show is right up my alley, and it really helps the road time pass by quicker.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:G-MAN:
Do you happen to have the Day 2 poll available?
Erf. Off the top of my head, I don't know if I took a screenshot of the poll or not. I will have to check my flash drives. If need be, I can post a pic of my game spreadsheet. It won't show who voted when but at least who voted for whom. Sorry for the delay. I'm still recovering from this afternoon's birthday party craziness. I'll vent about that debacle in another thread.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “Previous Side Missions”