Golden (nons etc)
62%

Total votes: 13
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 114

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Night 3

Post by speedchuck »

I'm still not sure I get the colors. Is it the number of votes on them?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 124

Post by G-Man »

speedchuck wrote:I'm still not sure I get the colors. Is it the number of votes on them?
Fact. Descending color order based on the number of votes (though I don't use the same color for people with the same number of votes to avoid confusion). Red is only used for the player who is lynched, hence why no one is in red for Day 3.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 123

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 1

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Quin is the only one in this game talking any sense, so I am following his vote on Sorsha.
You put a second vote on someone becasue the first persons reason ("none whatsoever") was talking sense to you?
S~V~S has played with llama enough to know he posts like this and says controversial things that have no bearing on his alignment. She will admit as much later.
S~V~S wrote:I wonder if Sorsha noticed she had three votes when she was in here.

One vote on a person for a silly reason, ha ha lulz. Dropping a second vote on someone for a silly reason, not cool. Dropping a third vote, what baddie would do that?

I hope to see votes moving there or better reasons put forth.

So dropping a temp vote on Llama for lulz. If he takes his vote more seriously, I will too.
This is a case of S~V~S voting llama not because she thought he was bad, but because she wanted to punish him. "Not cool." Why wasn't it cool? He was a civilian, so even if his thoughts were weird, they were genuine. That's how llama is.

S~V~S knows that, as we're about to see.

Lastly, her final line in this post gave the illusion of open-mindedness, but it was conditional. Again, this was not a vote to find mafia- it was a vote to punish: "Take your (Day 1) vote more seriously or else." It was a threat, and it got a civilian lynched.
S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Who would you prefer I vote for, SVS?
At this point, I don't particularly know, the votes for Sorsha are the only thing to stand out to me so far. Who do you think I should vote for?

I just really dislike it when people put others in a lynchable position for lulz. Probably an artifact of when we did not have changeable votes.
Again, note the wording: "I just really dislike it when..."

Just because you dislike something doesn't mean you should lynch the person for it. It doesn't make him bad. It means (if you are civilian) that you need to reread the object of the game (find mafia), but I find that a lot of times, mafia resort to lynching civilians for things they dislike. And you, S~V~S, have known llama's wackiness for years. His vote against Sorsha was not worth lynching him over, and you know that, but went for it anyway.
S~V~S wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Those who have their vote placed on me:

Is it because you don't like what my actions have been? Or because you think they come from a scummy place. Do explain. ;)
Personally, I think Llama looks scummier than you. He was the first to put a second vote on someone for a silly reason. I can't imagine someone being bad and piling a third silly vote on someone. That is why I voted for him, not you. But I have seen very bold baddies do very bold things to fall back on the wifom.

Are you a bold baddie?

Do you honestly think Sorsha is bad? If not do you plan to move your vote?
If S~V~S is bad, I would likely rule out speedchuck based on this exchange.

S~V~S said she can't imagine someone being bad and piling a third "silly" vote on someone. I think that's the most ridiculous thing said here. S~V~S has twice the Mafia experience I do, if not more, and I've seen some squirrely-ass things in my time. I've seen mafia kill their own teammates. I find it hard to believe you, S~V~S, can't imagine mafia not plopping down a third silly vote on someone. I've seen mafia do way crazier things than that.
S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Llama~

"What is LOST?"

Google results: https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is ... 8&oe=utf-8

Took me 4 seconds :grin:

And I will take you seriously if you give real answers and stop goofing around. If you suspect Faraday, then vote for him! You don't feel even remotely sincere to me, and you put someone you don't actually seem to suspect in danger. That concerns me. Even goofing around, when you are sincere this comes through. I am not seeing it.
I don't google things I can ask my friends about. And if I vote for Faraday now, I put my own life in peril, which I am not in the mood to do.
I don't like to bother my friends with trivia, so I Google things. It takes all types to make the world go around.

So you would rather leave your vote on the person who you don't actually suspect, instead of the person you DO suspect, and who you already named as your suspect? Becasue voting for the person you actually do suspect will get you killed, whereas just naming him won't?

I know you like to be quirky and quixotic and cultivate this image, but you make no sense right now. I am Okey Dokey with my vote.

Iam taking another hit of Nyquil and going to bed.
In light of the fact that there has been a Mafia Godfather in both previous entries, this stands out to me. If my hypothesis is correct that DF is a traditional "Godfather," then S~V~S pushing llama to vote DF would be encouraging him to waste a lynch.

I note that S~V~S herself voted DF today (again, over something she didn't like).

Furthermore, in a Mafia context, I doubt S~V~S ever finds llama remotely sincere. That's his way. He's a snake oil salesman. He's a character from a friggin Flannery O' Connor story. Here he is now. :llama:

S~V~S even acknowledged his penchant for being "quirky and quixotic," but he's making "no sense right now." Outside of a blatant slip in which the slipper tries to save face, since when does making no sense on Day 1 indicate that someone is bad? Surely S~V~S has enough experience to know that it is civilians who tend to make the lesser amount of sense early on because there is no pressure on mafia to have to get their stories straight. On top of it all, it's llama. :llama:

S~V~S was okay with her vote because it was a convenient way to lynch a civilian. I'm calling her out on it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 3

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:If someone could outline the case on me, that'd be great.
I voted for you becasue you asked me a question, I answered it, and then you said, basically, that I didn't answer it. Like as if someone had put me into a possible list of suspects, and you decided to suspect me. It felt opportunistic to me.
I'm voting for you because you keep voting for people for doing things you don't like as opposed to things that are indicative of being mafia.
I don't like them because I think they are indicative of being Mafia. I thought that was a given. Apparently not.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:If someone could outline the case on me, that'd be great.
I voted for you becasue you asked me a question, I answered it, and then you said, basically, that I didn't answer it. Like as if someone had put me into a possible list of suspects, and you decided to suspect me. It felt opportunistic to me.
I'm voting for you because you keep voting for people for doing things you don't like as opposed to things that are indicative of being mafia.
I don't like them because I think they are indicative of being Mafia. I thought that was a given. Apparently not.
To be fair, I have used this syntax before.
"I'm liking this read wall" - meaning that I think it speaks well of that person.
"I don't like the way X answered" - meaning I think it was scummy.

Of course, sometimes I just don't like things as well. That's how I would have felt about the Sorsha train, were I not encouraging the crap out of it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

I survived the lynch because I have a connection with the Island. I didn't bring it up earlier because Quin sounded like he would have killed me if he'd known.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Golden »

Night post coming in an hour and a half or so, tomorrow night will be short to compensate.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Dom »

i don't even understand what happened.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: Lost Again (season 3) - Polls

Post by Golden »

Quin
speedchuck (6) 8%
Spacedaisy
No votes
Dom
No votes
S~V~S
Epignosis (12) 8%
DFaraday
nutella (5), Spacedaisy (7), S~V~S (8), Quin (11) 31%
Epignosis
No votes
nutella
Dom (4), DFaraday (9), G-Man (13) 23%
Sorsha
No votes
Speedchuck
No votes
golden (nons etc)
Golden (1), notsawyer540 (2), Scotty (3), juliets (10) 31%
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Night 3 has ended. Spacedaisy has been killed. She was:
Golden wrote:Image

Jack Shepherd. You are vanilla. Seriously vanilla. Like, the blandest part of the show. You are also a civilian.
It is now day 4. You have 48 hours to find the killer.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 116

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 4

Post by Quin »

A+ role description. Voted DFaraday.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Spacedaisy »

:disappoint:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote:Given G-Man and I have a power role of some sort each, DF's survival has a connection to the mafia.
No it doesn't. Besides, how do we know you're civ?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:Given G-Man and I have a power role of some sort each, DF's survival has a connection to the mafia.
My role card says so.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
My role card says so.
That same post also said you're dead, and yet here you are.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
My role card says so.
Surely this answers to that query:
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Quin wrote:According to Lostpedia they had one 'centric' episode, but like 7 overall.

I don't know if you're trying to guess or if I should just tell you :haha:
From your description of one centric episode and seven total, coupled with this being Season 3, I'd venture to guess that you are Nikki and/or Paulo. I'd have to check but that sounds about right, as Rose and Bernard had their centric episode in Season 2.

If Nikki, your catch phrase is: "Razzle dazzle!"

If Paulo, you just stand there looking like a lost but devoted puppy dog until your better half shows her true colors and chucks a paralyzing spider on you out of greed.

Either way, you got the short end of the stick this game, unless you've got crazy awesome powrs.

"Acting like you're stupid people..."
Razzle dazzle! :puppy:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
My role card says so.
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Quin wrote:According to Lostpedia they had one 'centric' episode, but like 7 overall.

From your description of one centric episode and seven total, coupled with this being Season 3, I'd venture to guess that you are Nikki and/or Paulo. I'd have to check but that sounds about right, as Rose and Bernard had their centric episode in Season 2.

If Paulo, you just stand there looking like a lost but devoted puppy dog until your better half shows her true colors and chucks a paralyzing spider on you out of greed.

Either way, you got the short end of the stick this game, unless you've got crazy awesome powrs.

So you're saying that you're Nikki AND Paulo? And that you had a kill even though your role card said you're a vanilla civ? At the very least, the role card was leaving out an incredible amount of information about you; at worst, it was actively misleading. I don't see why I should believe anything about your role card, or that you're civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
My role card says so.
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:

So you're saying that you're Nikki AND Paulo? And that you had a kill even though your role card said you're a vanilla civ? At the very least, the role card was leaving out an incredible amount of information about you; at worst, it was actively misleading. I don't see why I should believe anything about your role card, or that you're civ.
Short answer: That's not my full role card. It's half.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Quin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
My role card says so.
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Short answer: That's not my full role card. It's half.
I still don't think that necessarily clears you. I know I'm civ, and with G-Man also confirmed I can't see how this game could have an unkillable (until Night 4) confirmed civ as well as a civ who comes back to life and has a kill on top of it. It just doesn't seem balanced at all to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I agree.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Frankly, I think the mafia killing Spacedaisy is helpful. What do you all everybody think?

DAY 1
1. SPEEDCHUCK (DFaraday)
2. THELLAMA73 (S~V~S)
3. THELLAMA73 (Sorsha)
4. THELLAMA73 (nutella)<---CIVVIE, NINJA KILLED Day 3
5. SPEEDCHUCK (Quin)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 2
6. THELLAMA73 (Spacedaisy)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 3
7. DFARADAY (speedchuck)
8. SPEEDCHUCK (Epignosis)
9. DFARADAY (insertnamehere)<---INDY, NK'd Night 1
10. SPEEDCHUCK (thellama73)<---CIVVIE, lynched Day 1
11. DFARADAY (G-Man)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 4

No Vote:
Dom
notsawyer540<---CIVVIE, Lynched Day 2

----------------------------------------------

2. THELLAMA73 (S~V~S)
3. THELLAMA73 (Sorsha)
4. THELLAMA73 (nutella)<---CIVVIE, NINJA KILLED Day 3
6. THELLAMA73 (Spacedaisy)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 3

1. SPEEDCHUCK (DFaraday)
5. SPEEDCHUCK (Quin)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 2
8. SPEEDCHUCK (Epignosis)
10. SPEEDCHUCK (thellama73)<---CIVVIE, lynched Day 1

7. DFARADAY (speedchuck)
9. DFARADAY (insertnamehere)<---INDY, NK'd Night 1
11. DFARADAY (G-Man)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 4

No Vote:
Dom
notsawyer540<---CIVVIE, Lynched Day 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 2
1. NOTSAWYER540 (Quin)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 2
2. NOTSAWYER540 (DFaraday)
3. DFARADAY (nutella)<---CIVVIE, NINJA KILLED Day 3
4. NOTSAWYER540 (speedchuck)
5. NOTSAWYER540 (S~V~S)
6. NUTELLA (Epignosis)
7. NUTELLA (G-Man)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 4
8. NUTELLA (Dom)
9. NUTELLA (notsawyer540)<---CIVVIE, Lynched Day 2
10. NOTSAWYER540 (Spacedaisy)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 3

NO VOTE:
Sorsha

1. NOTSAWYER540 (Quin)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 2
2. NOTSAWYER540 (DFaraday)
4. NOTSAWYER540 (speedchuck)
5. NOTSAWYER540 (S~V~S)
10. NOTSAWYER540 (Spacedaisy)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 3

6. NUTELLA (Epignosis)
7. NUTELLA (G-Man)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 4
8. NUTELLA (Dom)
9. NUTELLA (notsawyer540)<---CIVVIE, Lynched Day 2

3. DFARADAY (nutella)<---CIVVIE, NINJA KILLED Day 3

NO VOTE:
Sorsha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 3
1. NUTELLA (Dom)
2. DFARADAY (nutella)<---CIVVIE, NINJA KILLED Day 3
3. QUIN (speedchuck)
4. DFARADAY (Spacedaisy)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 3
5. DFARADAY (S~V~S)
6. NUTELLA (DFaraday)
7. DFARADAY (Quin)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 2
8. S~V~S (Epignosis)
9. NUTELLA (G-Man)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 4

NO VOTE:
Sorsha

2. DFARADAY (nutella)<---CIVVIE, NINJA KILLED Day 3
4. DFARADAY (Spacedaisy)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 3
5. DFARADAY (S~V~S)
7. DFARADAY (Quin)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 2

1. NUTELLA (Dom)
6. NUTELLA (DFaraday)
9. NUTELLA (G-Man)<---CIVVIE, NK'd Night 4

3. QUIN (speedchuck)

8. S~V~S (Epignosis)

NO VOTE:
Sorsha
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Tell me why killing Spacedaisy is helpful.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Because it adds another parameter to his voting thingie?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:Tell me why killing Spacedaisy is helpful.
Felt worse about her than Epi and speedchuck. I'm still mulling you all everybody over in my head. This is LYLO after all.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote:
Quin wrote:Tell me why killing Spacedaisy is helpful.
Felt worse about her than Epi and speedchuck. I'm still mulling you all everybody over in my head. This is LYLO after all.
Something that I hope is a point in my favour -

Take a look at Zodiac, Mad Max, Monkey Island and GoC. All of which are my baddie (and indy variant) games here, and in all of them I gave a shit. That's not to say I don't give one as a civ, but still :noble:

Here, I faked being dead for an entire day phase for fun. pls.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't believe that a completely vanilla baddie team is balanced against three roles which can survive attempts on their life AND can kill. One of us is bad. G-Man is confirmed (and untouchable, anyway) which leaves me and DF.

So, go nuts.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why hasn't anyone commented on my case against S~V~S? That's where I'm voting today unless someone persuades me otherwise.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:I don't believe that a completely vanilla baddie team is balanced against three roles which can survive attempts on their life AND can kill. One of us is bad. G-Man is confirmed (and untouchable, anyway) which leaves me and DF.

So, go nuts.
For my money, I'll give you that your role (survive a brush with death and have a one-time kill shot) makes little to no sense for a baddie. But, given that the baddies have to contend with not being able to kill a confirmed civvie until Night 4, it's plausible but a stretch. Your "give a sh*t" argument doesn't matter much to me because every single one of us has had lousy participation at at least one point this game, myself included. The only nagging doubt in my mind is that I fed you the whole paralyzing spider bit. Would Golden the Coward ;) have written about a paralyzing spider to mask a baddie one-shot kill as a civvie action? I have to say I doubt it because that would be cruel and misleading to the civvies. I questioned ties and I questioned your presence on the poll, so asking questions is important. I have to move forward assuming you are a civvie because it would be cruel for a host to write nutella's death in a misleading way. Vague I can tolerate. Misleading, not so much. If you are baddie, I will be partially vindicated by my early theory that a joint Nkki & Paulo role could cover for a baddie who can survive a brush with death.

Epignosis wrote:Why hasn't anyone commented on my case against S~V~S? That's where I'm voting today unless someone persuades me otherwise.
I have my concerns with S~V~S based on earlier points that I raised. My concern with following you in that direction is that you could be a baddie trying to lead us to one final mislynch. Your theory about DFaraday made me wonder. Most godfathers I recall running into in games either appear civvie when role-checked or they can survive one lynch attempt. Unless I'm oblivious to it, the first game I played where a baddie godfather couldn't die until all his lackeys are gone was Battlestar Galactica. Then again, that was a Golden game, so perhaps we should be wary of him recycling such a deliciously evil mechanic. So maybe you are a baddie bringing up the BSG-esque godfather for no reason just to scare us because DFaraday is vulnerable today and you're trying to end the game, or you are a baddie who is raising this point because it is true and you're still trying to steer us in the wrong direction to end it. The third option is you are a baddie that is telling the truth and pointing us at your other teammate to establish cred to fleece the rest of the civs on Day 5. You could be a civvie though and I have trouble making heads or tails of you.

Tea time, blokes.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm a civilian who has been lazy. That's what I've been.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:I'm a civilian who has been lazy. That's what I've been.
From what happened to you in Blue vs. Red, I can't blame you if this is true and that's a big part of why I have you low on my list.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
From what happened to you in Blue vs. Red, I can't blame you if this is true and that's a big part of why I have you low on my list.
What happened to me?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i don't get what is going on with quin at all
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Speedchuck
Quin
Epignosis
Dom
Sorsha
S~V~S
DFaraday

Quin argument makes sense to me. Here's a read list, from most town to least.

Also, this is Mylo, not lylo.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote:Speedchuck
Quin
Epignosis
Dom
Sorsha
S~V~S
DFaraday

Quin argument makes sense to me. Here's a read list, from most town to least.

Also, this is Mylo, not lylo.
I am your most civilian after you and Quin. Why?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote:i don't get what is going on with quin at all
neither do i, sometimes.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:
What happened to me?
Fell victim to some bad luck and led some well-intended lynches against all the wrong people. It was quite possibly the worst game of yours that I've seen, results-wise. You and Long Con tried and failed at just about every turn. I can see why you might pull back a little after a game like that.

On another note, it's Day 4 and I have no read whatsoever on Dom and that makes me nervous.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

G-Man-- you think that Rob gives a shit about things like htat?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:Why hasn't anyone commented on my case against S~V~S? That's where I'm voting today unless someone persuades me otherwise.
Right, becasue you like leaving confirmed baddies alive and lynching me instead :haha:

I will go over your case later, iirc part of it was "Llama does that all the time". I think I read Llama fairly well and have a good record against him, and he reminded me exactly of how he was in the GOC. So "Llama does this all the time" is not that valid. There are differences in how sincere he sounds to me, and he didnot sound even remotely sincere to me.

I will work to read him better next time.

Imma vote for Faraday, back later to look at your case.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If DF is a traditional Mafia godfather, and he gets the most votes, the game is over, and the civilians don't win.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:If DF is a traditional Mafia godfather, and he gets the most votes, the game is over, and the civilians don't win.
What's your definition of a traditional mafia godfather?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If DF is a traditional Mafia godfather, and he gets the most votes, the game is over, and the civilians don't win.
Perhaps "traditional" is a poor word choice. I simply mean if DF cannot be lynched until his goons are taken out first, trying to lynch him today gets the mafia the win.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Perhaps "traditional" is a poor word choice. I simply mean if DF cannot be lynched until his goons are taken out first, trying to lynch him today gets the mafia the win.
If I recall, (I might be mistaking him for Rico or llama) Golden criticised my having a role of that sort in my burglary. I don't think that would be the case here based on that.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
If I recall, (I might be mistaking him for Rico or llama) Golden criticised my having a role of that sort in my burglary. I don't think that would be the case here based on that.
The fact remains that DF received the most votes and there was no lynch. How do you account for that?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
The fact remains that DF received the most votes and there was no lynch. How do you account for that?
That specific role is one option. It's also possible that DF just has the counter to my role.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

For what reason, Epi, do you automatically default to DFaraday cannot be lynched until all his goons are? Why do you go there first instead of a one-time survival?
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm hesitant to assume that DF is unlynchable because that would be a parallel to G-Man's role. INH's and G-Man's roles already go hand in hand in that respect, although INH was lacking a power.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

For reference purposes:

ALIVE:
DFaraday- Posts
Dom- Posts
Epignosis- Posts
G-Man- Posts
Quin- Posts
S~V~S- Posts
Sorsha- Posts
Speedchuck- Posts

DEAD:
thellama73- Posts
insertnamehere- Posts
notsawyer540- Posts
nutella- Posts
Spacedaisy- Posts

I'm going to make lists of reasons why each of you might be civvie or baddie.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:For what reason, Epi, do you automatically default to DFaraday cannot be lynched until all his goons are? Why do you go there first instead of a one-time survival?
I didn't automatically default to anything. I raised a distinct possibility that people should be considering. Given that Golden has used "godfather" before to mean different things, I wanted to speak a word of caution about DF's survival and people thinking they've got this locked down by just voting for him. Wouldn't it suck to fall into that pit?

There are three mafia. I know S~V~S is going to roll her eyes about not lynching the obvious mafia, but that's gambler's fallacy thinking- just because it didn't pan out last time doesn't mean it's a bad idea to figure out the rest of the team.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Five Reasons DFaraday Might Be Mafia:
1) Case and vote against notsawyer was based primarily on what he viewed as an overreaction and not responding fast enough to his questions. Neither of which are very substantive reasons for lynching someone.

2) This lovely little WIFOM sandwich.

3) Asking for an outline on the case against him during Day 3. He wants bullet points to refute, which makes it easy for a baddie to do. This potentially reveals a detachment from the game, as if he know he doesn't have to focus too much, just enough to avoid or shoot down suspicion.

4) This possibly garbage explanation for surviving the lynch.

5) His survival as a civvie is hard to reconcile with my role and Quin's role (assuming he is civvie) being present in the game. That's a lot of survival powers going up against a trio of vanilla baddies. Not very balanced. The only way to explain it is Golden the Coward ;) felt bad about the civvies getting destroyed in Season 2 so he overpowered them this time to slant the game in our favor. If so, we really screwed that plan up good, didn't we? :haha:

Five Reasons DFaraday Might Be Civvie:

1) Quin might actually be a deep-cover baddie, leaving DFaraday as a legit civvie with a survival role.

2 - 5) Yeah... I'm having trouble coming up with any others.

linki: Epi- you didn't discuss any other possibilities, nor did you frame as "Golden has used a godfather role before where all the other teammates must die first." You went right into this:
Epignosis wrote:I went and looked back. Both previous installments have a "Mafia Godfather." I couldn't tell what the first one meant, but the second one couldn't be tracked or checked- it wasn't a traditional "Godfather."

So no, that doesn't look good for DF, but he may in fact be a traditional manner of "Godfather." If that's true, then it means you're wasting lynches on him while his cronies keep on keeping on.
You proclaim your idea to be the definition of a "traditional" godfather even though it seems that's not the case for the rest of us. Your post lacks the context of Golden's use of such a role in BSG.

Also, this post...
...is flat-out wrong. If DFaraday gets the most votes today, AND has the impervious godfather role you ascribed to him, the game does not end today. It is currently 5-v-3. If DFaraday survives the lynch, I die tonight and then you have one final chance to get it right in a 4-v-3 on Day 5.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Five Reasons Dom Might Be Mafia:
1) He contributed nothing of value to Day 1, missed the vote, and then came back mid-Day 2 trying to contribute. Baddies hate to ask for replacements.

2) He was the third man in on the "something seems fishy about nutella" train and went along with Epi's linguistics line of attack.

3) His 'where is Sorsha?' sidebar may have been an attempt to setup a second civ train to go along with nutella's train.

4) His vote for nutella was lazy, as he was not caught up on the thread. Or was he? :ponder:

5) He hasn't been useful or helpful since the Day 3 lynch. He could be sitting back and waiting for a civ train to develop so he can help end the game.

Five Reasons Dom Might Be Civvie:
1) He flaked out just about everywhere on the site when he flaked out on this game. That could point to RL overruling mafia.

2) He did at least come back Day 2 and try to contribute and strikes me as the kind of player who will try to continue on in a game as either civ or baddie.

3) The nutella argument that he latched onto didn't seem too artificial at the time.

4) He's asked numerous players for clarification on points. That tends to be a civvie trait in my book.

5) n/a
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Heists”