Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

Kylemii wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:44 pm Kyle, what are your reads at the moment?
I was gonna do a comprehensive rainbow but I guess I'll wait until choutas flips to do it
Sounds good man, thanks. I'll do the same at some point during the Night as well, but I'll be heading out of here after the flip.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm Well, hopefully Choutas is bad. Fingers crossed.

Despite some arguments, I appreciate the efforts made by Marmot and Jay today. Also Kyle, Colin, and Dizzy (in the final hour). Let's continue trying to get this game solved, everyone. We need to win this thing.
My efforts has been shit this game. : p
I generally don't have tons of time in life right now, but at least I know the game is running and will do my best from now on. That said, I will go to sleep after the definite mafia flip, cause it's like after 3am here.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pmI started playing around 10 or 11 years ago as a wee babe but I have played extremely inconsistently in that time. Dunno how many. I played on RYM in the old days with some of these folks. I used to want to be scum all the time but now I have a job and junk so it’s a lot harder to have fun that way.
Alright, thanks. So you have enough experience to know anti-town doesn't always equal scum. You voted Lapluie and said her behavior was not pro-town. Why not just say you think she's scum? This is why it looks like you're searching for town that it would make sense voting and it also reads like a guilty mindset.
I believe I did call lapluie scum? This feels like reaching tbh.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm Well, hopefully Choutas is bad. Fingers crossed.

Despite some arguments, I appreciate the efforts made by Marmot and Jay today. Also Kyle, Colin, and Dizzy (in the final hour). Let's continue trying to get this game solved, everyone. We need to win this thing.
My efforts has been shit this game. : p
I generally don't have tons of time in life right now, but at least I know the game is running and will do my best from now on. That said, I will go to sleep after the definite mafia flip, cause it's like after 3am here.
:beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI I've spent too much time in this game so far. I'll continue to try my best, but my activity will waver a bit as I get busier over the coming couple of weeks.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 pm In general it just seems like cagey, under-the-radar behavior, which is not generally pro-town, imo.
So I'm pretty sure this is the post in question. I'm not sure how you get "cagey" + "under the radar" and interpret "[anti-town]" to mean "town, but not really playing as a townie." It's pretty clear here, imo, that I find flying low and being callous in their posts to be suspicious behavior. I'm really not a fan of the way you're characterizing this at all.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 pmI believe I did call lapluie scum? This feels like reaching tbh.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I missed EoD but I ain’t mad choutas got the axe.

As long as y’all got off JJJ :beer:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 pm In general it just seems like cagey, under-the-radar behavior, which is not generally pro-town, imo.
So I'm pretty sure this is the post in question. I'm not sure how you get "cagey" + "under the radar" and interpret "[anti-town]" to mean "town, but not really playing as a townie." It's pretty clear here, imo, that I find flying low and being callous in their posts to be suspicious behavior. I'm really not a fan of the way you're characterizing this at all.
It's pretty general. I imagine you as a tiger, but with glasses, so that it looks like you're reading the newspapers and are just as shocked as everyone about the death and blood in the jungle, but then you hide in the bushes and prey on the animals that have like resting bitch faces or whatever, and you're also smoking a pipe. Does that make sense?

Honestly, I'm just following a hunch. I won't fall asleep to this hunch, meaning, I will check with myself if what I think is true about mafia in this moment actually is true, and continue to engage with you. Does that sound fair?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hey, engage with me all you want, I just think there are much better targets out there, and the fact that they're "easy" or whatever shouldn't stop us from considering them if they look scummy. Love that tiger stuff though!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Everyone should be considered. Always. :srsnod:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Eye me all you want. :lorab:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:35 pm Eye me all you want. :lorab:
Lorab, is that you?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm Hey, engage with me all you want, I just think there are much better targets out there, and the fact that they're "easy" or whatever shouldn't stop us from considering them if they look scummy. Love that tiger stuff though!
This post does not ease my concerns. : p

I don't know you as a player, so it's hard for me to read you. I also am following the suspicions that makes sense to me, and that includes you now. I especially pursue this hunch cause nobody else is. Reading through you looked more controlled and aware than others. I think scum tends to look more like this than town. We'll see, I guess.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Gladys didn't know what to expect when she approached the charismatic preacher. His in-your-face culture warrior reputation turned her off but she had something he needed to see.

"It might be related," Keith Shover said, "but it's such odd behavior in either case. I've never seen this kind of thing before."

"Neither have I," Gladys replied, "but it's awfully coincidental that both of our registration tables were interfered with."

"I agree," Shover stammered, "but will anyone believe us?"

"I've already made a phone call. The front desk will be taken by surprise. Hopefully that will minimize the attention."

----------------------------------------------------

The Cadbury Bunny watched the scene from their hotel room. Caerbannog crept up behind him, giving Cadbury a start.

"Must you do that, you crazy old bastard?"

"If anyone deserves insults, it is you, no?"

"Yeah, thanks for the vote of confidence."

"You'll get no such thing from me."

"Gee, thanks. You're such a swell guy." He sighed. "This is my fault. I talked him into this plan."

"You talk like someone who didn't understand the potential consequences."

"Guilty as charged."

"Now then, my young amateur," Caerbannog wheezed, "how about we start doing things my way?"

Outside the hotel, the Easter Bunny was being carted away by Animal Control. Inside the plastic and metal crate, the old rabbit thrashed about. Had the humans understood him, they'd have heard him screaming at the dentists and Christians alike.

"You fools! Without me, children's teeth wouldn't need cleaning! You benefit from my existence and work! This is your loss! And you Christian fools- the Lutherans invented me for God's sake! Curse you all!"

Choutas has been lynched. He was the Easter Bunny.
It is now Night 1.
Players with power roles have until 8:30 US Eastern time to submit their night powers.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm definitely listening. We definitely should make a collective effort to assess as many players as possible, and I hadn't given Colin much thought other than liking his activity and tone.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm back, bitches.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FUCK YES! :yay:

Damn, you all, we just lynched a baddie on Day 1! Props. :clap:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm I'm back, bitches.
:clap:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:39 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm Hey, engage with me all you want, I just think there are much better targets out there, and the fact that they're "easy" or whatever shouldn't stop us from considering them if they look scummy. Love that tiger stuff though!
This post does not ease my concerns. : p

I don't know you as a player, so it's hard for me to read you. I also am following the suspicions that makes sense to me, and that includes you now. I especially pursue this hunch cause nobody else is. Reading through you looked more controlled and aware than others. I think scum tends to look more like this than town. We'll see, I guess.
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to refute looking "aware" and "controlled," so ... I won't.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot will have to answer me about how he went "Dizzy is cute and said they would catch up later" to "Yeah, that sly Dizzy being all sly and stuff" when not much had happened in between. Tell me that story, Marmot. Is it a scary story?

Linki - Yay! Great job!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

!!!!!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

let's gooooo
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, that was pretty freaking great. I need to get out of here for my own sanity, but I'll be back with a vengeance when I can find the time before N1 is over.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

we're beating this game in 4 lynches motherfuckers, we gotta speedrun it to heal Jay's broken heart.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm sorry for saying "motherfuckers"
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Wow. How often does that happen around here?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:41 pmI'm not sure how I'm supposed to refute looking "aware" and "controlled," so ... I won't.
Oh totally. I will write more about this at a later point, maybe. I shove gut reads in everyone's faces. I refute or confirm them myself, cause I'm my own boss and worker, and mother too btw.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

First instinct is to ask whoever jumped Choutas wagon super late, why?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:44 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:41 pmI'm not sure how I'm supposed to refute looking "aware" and "controlled," so ... I won't.
Oh totally. I will write more about this at a later point, maybe. I shove gut reads in everyone's faces. I refute or confirm them myself, cause I'm my own boss and worker, and mother too btw.
Good to know — glad we get to play together.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 pm First instinct is to ask whoever jumped Choutas wagon super late, why?
Yeah, this.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 207

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:42 pm Marmot will have to answer me about how he went "Dizzy is cute and said they would catch up later" to "Yeah, that sly Dizzy being all sly and stuff" when not much had happened in between. Tell me that story, Marmot. Is it a scary story?

Linki - Yay! Great job!
He is bad. He announced it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Notice for those unaware:

In a G-Man game, it is important to read the flavor content. He has been known to leak important details into it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:11 pm [VOTE: Choutas] aubergine be bad please!
Yeah, this stinks.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 207

Post by Epignosis »

Does anyone have a Pesky's Pole I can look at?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 pm Yeah, Choutas doesn't have anything that looks town.

Should we lynch him?
You didn't mention Choutas before this, except color him yellow in your rainbow. This is 7 minutes before day end.

Does anyone know how many votes Choutas had around this time? I remember it being pretty much no question Choutas was getting lynched.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot is probably scum. I can read Marmot souls, I told you all last game.

Good night, everyone. <3
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There'll be a poll posted. It shouldn't be terribly hard to build a full voting history anyway in only 13 pages. It should be illuminating.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:48 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:11 pm [VOTE: Choutas] aubergine be bad please!
Yeah, this stinks.

MP's vote is pretty similar. Do you also find it suspicious?
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by wolbre04 »

:kadaj: Ffs glad I put that vote on him to prod nnnnn
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Easter Mafia Polls

Post by G-Man »

Day 0

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Polls, for those in search of data.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm I'm back, bitches.
:beer:

Fuck yeah, we're doing it!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

Cool good job

kinda confused about marmots last second switch
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:51 pm Marmot is probably scum. I can read Marmot souls, I told you all last game.

Good night, everyone. <3
I heart you too hon! :hugs:

I'm gonna celebrate this lynch tonight, let's chat tomorrow.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas and ColinIsCool
Choutas wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 pm The amount of bantering and wifom is strong on day 1
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:48 pm Where do you see any WIFOM?
Choutas wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:48 pm Where do you see any WIFOM?
By wifom i mean speculation. Stuff easily said but impossible to verify or discredit. Maybe thats not its true use.
Choutas made an arbitrary observation and Colin asked him to expand.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:57 pm
Choutas wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:56 pm Also are the pages problematic when you reply by phone.
It gets chopped at the sides.
I’m not having trouble on Safari
Shrug.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:49 pm Okay, so reads:

JJJ, MP seem town. I’ve explained why for JJJ but MP also feels earnest and interested in solving the game. Epi seems to be playing as I have always seen him (town) so I can get behind him for now too.

I liked the cases made earlier on lapluie, Eloh, and I understood J’s ire toward Dyslexicon so I guess those are the biggest suspects. Because Marmot made one of those cases (lapluie) I would townread him too.

Scotty feels different to me from AG, where he was town, but maybe I’m not accustomed to his playstyle in general. Wolbre is playing similar to what I’ve seen but people have asked good questions of him and I don’t think he really addressed them. Choutas, as others have said, flying so far below radar I forgot he was here — not good. Slight scum lean on gut or soul or whatever.

Floyd, nothing. Nova, really not sure. Everybody I didn’t talk about, idk.
The stance is proper. The word "slight" bugs me a bit, though I can't pretend that never happens in a civilian post.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 pm I think there are better options than Choutas as I said, but I’d be fine with his lynch.
In a roundabout way this looks decent to me. If the lynch is going to happen, then a post like this does nothing to acquire civilian credit (something I'd expect a mafia Colin to do). There's WIFOM in that I grant. I'll need to double-check the poll status at this moment.

~~~

They could be teammates, but nothing here makes me think it's especially likely.

Colin's Day 1 vote: lapluie

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Quin »

i put choutas in the lead so basically i am confirmed town now
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas and Dyslexicon

Choutas never mentioned them.

After assessing the first four pages, Dizzy felt the worst two looks were nova and Choutas. Soon after they voted for nova.

Looking sternly at Choutas and makes an apt comparison to wolbre in Ass Class. Soon after they changed their vote to Colin.

~~~

Dizzy took the correct stance and in some ways contributed to the negative climate for Choutas. They lack that beautiful Choutas vote. I'll say though that the final vote (Colin) wasn't for a player who was likely to gain traction and become a counterwagon to Choutas. It's plausible, but gun to my head I say they're not teammates.

Dizzy's Day 1 vote: ColinIsCool

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas and Elohcin

Neither of them mentioned the other. She remains in the POE pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”