Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 5

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 pm P.S if nobody else is going to step up I'm gonna do some digging tomorrow into Jack/INH/Long Con's ISOs and Pepe Silvia the fuck out of it to find their teammate.

I still would like as detailed as possible a vote-breakdown but I can't expect anyone to bust their ass or break their back to produce it.
I’m on my way home to do this shit now because i’m too excited to get any actual important researxh done right now.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

I won’t have time for any heavy lifting for the rest of the game probably but I can promise you I’ll use my vote to make poor decisions.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

If I die here is a roadmap to victory:

1. RE-ISO LC, INH, and Jack looking for who they talked about/suspected/voted for and who talked about/voted for/suspected them and when.
2. Cross reference that pool of players to find commonalities on all 3 lists.
3. ISO those common on all/most lists.

Keep in mind vote timing/importance (Like Jack's silly fuckaround throwaway Long Con Vote)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Between this game, Firefly, Mega-Man and Outpost 31 I feel legitimately jacked up. No joke, a string of my best performances ever. Like the old dog who still got it. If I don't win player of the year for this shit, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Galaxy Brain theory:

If you can't die or be lynched as long as one of your teammates is alive, do you Fake-Cop clear that teammate and then call DharmaHelper up to get him to back off of that teammate?

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:24 pm Between this game, Firefly, Mega-Man and Outpost 31 I feel legitimately jacked up. No joke, a string of my best performances ever. Like the old dog who still got it. If I don't win player of the year for this shit, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind.
I'll vote for you for best civ. :beer: As long as you vote for me for best mafia team victory for Fire Emblem :mafia:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

so first of all, my interactive read of jack and kara as of N4, quoted in full as follows, produced an Orange Skittle (which is objectively the worst flavor. yuck)
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:33 pm karavalenge and Jackofhearts2005

kara's
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:51 pm I'd like to think of all of my fellow Slytherin as teammates.
not direct mention but Jack is a slytherin

otherwise nothing. zero interaction with jack

jack's
also practically nothing for a long time. first mention is in a readlist on day 3 in which kara is "toss up" -- not great.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 pm Kara, Mac and (drumroll please) a deepwolf are my POE. :grin:

Cause I never ever have only wolves in my POE. So why bother dig into my townleans at this point? Just wait for some flips.
meh

mechanical whatever about kara's diricawl
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm @speedchuck

Why did you tell Kara who you think the vig is?
So that when I die my knowledge lives on. I think Kara is town.

:noble:

Considered telling the rest of the thread, too.
But Kara is in like every scum poe.
....ick.

7 player poe contains kara

compatible

Next up, let's check out kara's interactions with the other confirmed baddies. Here and here we've got some semi-serious semi-prodding banter between kara and LC which imo in both instances feels awkward/forced.

Then we have this delicious tidbit:
karavalenge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:21 pm karavalenge, could you please talk a little about the votes you made during the final stretch of Day 3? Thanks so much! Much appreciated! Wonderful!
Already said it. I came in with like thirty minutes left and saw it was 4-3, Colin vs Long Con. I decided to tie it since I believed Long was more likely to be mafia.

I checked again at about 5 minutes left and it had switched to Glorfindel vs Long Con. Same reasoning, I switched to Glorfindel because I believed they were more likely to be mafia.

I did not post any vote tags because I didn't want to make a fight over Hallow powers.
Just... read that quote and tell me to my face you don't think kara's bad. I won't believe you.

This too -- maintaining that LC's survival didn't necessarily make him bad and that Glorf looked more suspicious. May be on the brave side for a teammate to go against thread consensus at that point (after LC survived a lynch, before he died and flipped) but I think it holds.

Even their interaction with rezzed confirmed scum INH looks forced to me but judge for yourself

Oh we're just getting to the fun part!!
karavalenge wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:36 pm Yeah, there's not any real reason to hide it since Speed brought it up.

I floo'd him today to see who the "other" person was he referred to who interacted with Long Con and he complied and told me.

In return I let him know that my Night 3 action was to Diricawl with him, which does not appear to have affected anything.
Yeah. This.

The use of the word "complied" really gets to me. Like, I'm pretty dang sure Jack was behind this.
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 am Honestly I think Quin is scum for focusing on my part too hard and I think Speed is scum for focusing on his investigation too hard and I think Jay and Pou are scum for believing Pou's one Maf call too hard.

You're all too trusting, it sickens me
Oh man. This is funny.
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 am Anyways, my nights and day actions were all wasted, so don't bother reading into it.

I know who Speed claims also approached Long Con, which may be useful info in the future, or we both die and the rest of you can suck it for being jerks
Classic. Also note the leverage here (again great show btw), "keep me alive bc I have cool info u guiiizzzze"

Also also. I've pointed this out before but kara was one of the only people who trusted speed and was open about it and why? Oh yeah, TMI.
karavalenge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:28 pm Lol, literally the only town to believe in Speed's innocence and I'm immediately suspected because of that. Cause he was definitely "so scummy" with how he was genuinely trying to figure out information and didn't even blame Pou for the false cop call.

Meanwhile, I know who the other town vig is in the case that quin is in fact scum, and I could easily have had them killed last night if I was scum, since nobody else knows.
Yep nobody else knows. Could easily have had them killed. Or you let them kill speed because you thought it would cause us to lynch Quin who is innocent. Throw us off the trail.
karavalenge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:34 pm My vote is on nutella for now, but I'd much rather lynch Quin today.
And.... check. Yup. Kara's all, time to lynch quin amirite guys???
karavalenge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:38 pm It appeared to be a gambit to try to get early votes on me to make the idea sound good when it's not. I'll switch to Quin if they never explain yesterday in a way that works with Speed's info.
Like. What even is this. :suspish:

Then lemme just quote a few more Jack things for good measure.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:09 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm @nutella
Why are you voting Kara instead of Pout?
I'm torn between them. I guess they could both be bad but I'm less sure of pout still.
What's the case on Kara? I isoed you for mentions of Kara and you've got neutral statements and vague negative statements. You just kinda declare her bad and now are more sure on her than Pout.

I know why you suspect Pout. I have no idea why you suspect Kara.
:shrug:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:15 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:12 pm
I'm torn between them. I guess they could both be bad but I'm less sure of pout still.
What's the case on Kara? I isoed you for mentions of Kara and you've got neutral statements and vague negative statements. You just kinda declare her bad and now are more sure on her than Pout.

You must have somehow missed my big long post about Kara and speed in which I argue for Kara being scum regardless of speed's alignment. The main point is what was the motivation for flooing speed, seems like scum trying to get info.
And yet Jay and Speed are dead, which implies the mafia neither killed no imperioed the vigilante. Wouldn't this imply that Kara is not scum?
Would it? Huh? Nah. Already addressed this.
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm Maybe they wanted the vig to kill speed anyway. Again maybe to throw us off the trail especially if quin is innocent.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:18 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm

You must have somehow missed my big long post about Kara and speed in which I argue for Kara being scum regardless of speed's alignment. The main point is what was the motivation for flooing speed, seems like scum trying to get info.
And yet Jay and Speed are dead, which implies the mafia neither killed no imperioed the vigilante. Wouldn't this imply that Kara is not scum?
:shrug:
The way this works is that you're supposed to admit I'm right and change your opinion or you're supposed to tell me why I'm wrong and maintain yours.

Linki: There you go.
Lol he doesn't even respond to my point when I do make it. Just says "there you go." Cause I'm right. :slick:

Man I feel like a broken record. I have made all these points before, just not in the same place, but I want other people to see what I am seeing so have this post.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 pm Galaxy Brain theory:

If you can't die or be lynched as long as one of your teammates is alive, do you Fake-Cop clear that teammate and then call DharmaHelper up to get him to back off of that teammate?
If they were going to be lynched, which removes the players mega powerful horcrux? Maybe. Ordinarily I'd say no but that horcrux is a big thing to protect.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I acknowledge that nutella is posting interactive reads in the thread right now. For my own sake, I'm gonna ignore that and work on my own. We can all compare results after.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Major DH post incoming. ETA ~3 minutes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Adjusted ETA ~5 minutes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

as someone who has broken toes on 4 different occasions, let me say with confidence... that I just broke my middle toe... doing chinups. That is all.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

OK so first a bit of preamble. I count "Suspected" as either talked to/about in a negative way. I count "defended" as talked about in a positive way. I haven't yet looked at the vote orders for the Days in question, which could be important later. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter. Links to follow, then the names of the players pertinent to those links.
Link 1: Suspicious of Jay for his Epi/JC thing. What matters here is his Owner interaction. "Could be scummy or not" being the key phrase. Felt the need to comment on it, but waffled as to where he stood.
Link 2: Important thing here is Quin. INH "LIKE"!s Luna's defense of Quin, which I counted in my chart as INH defending Quin.
Link 3: IDK what to take from this, but it *looks* like Nutella put forth an Owner/DH team and INH +1'd it.
Link 4: INH defends me, and coaches Owner to back off. If they are teammates, its an in-thread tip off. If not, its him buddying me.
Link 5: his vote for Owner. She had 5 votes IIRC day 1, saved by Long Con (INH's teammate). Could INH have felt comfortable enough to bus Owner and have LC play clean up?
Link 6: "Townreading Kara the most" is what matters from here.
Link 7: Unimportant calling JC 1.0 Scummy
Link 8: Scumreads Owner, Townreads Kara
Link 9: Up Jay's ass about Owner parroting old suspicions, etc.
Link 10: Thinks Nutella and Luna don't look great
Link 11: Nutella and Luna "both don't look great" for jumping on Jay's case.
Link 12: Up Luna's ass
Link 13: Votes for Luna. Scum reads Glorf, Owner, Jay. Mentions Bullz and Kara as "easy suspects".

---

Conclusions: Doesn't look great for Kara. Doesn't completely clear Sloonei/Owner.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con's ISO is only 3 pages I guess I could do him next. Jack's is like 8 or so if I recall correctly. That'll be a humdinger.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

For starters, I am removing the following people from my POE definitively:
DharmaHelper
Lunalee
Juliets
nutella
Poutanko

All of them are town barring shenanigans.

I also am tentatively removing sprityo and timmer. If I have time I'll look at them, but I think they're both unlikely to be bad at this point, so I'm not prioritizing them.

That leaves me with:
Colin, karavalenge, macdougall, and quin. I've decided to include Quin because why the hell not? I read him as town, but I want to close the book on him before I officially rule him out. I'm not currently leaning toward any one player in particular and I'm just gonna work down that list in alphabetical order, so I guess here's Colin's interactions with Jack:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
First interaction is on Day 1. Jack somewhat playfully nudges colin for an elaboration on a statement, and Colin resists. I get nothing from this yet.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
Then what’s the point of saying this?
My new meta I’m trying out is not responding to things I don’t feel like responding to. I was just giving you a courtesy call.
Based on your old meta, your new meta is scummy.
:beer:
The dialogue continues with an elaboration on nothing. This is literally empty chatter. I have no trouble reading this as teammates ribbing one another, but that does not need to be the case.

Colin lists Jack as "Good" in a tiered reads list, along with INH. Long Con is in the middle "Wary" section. His "Shit List" features nobody who has flipped scum, and nova is listed quite rightfully as "N/A". Just for reference.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:46 pm [VOTE: JACK] aubergine. Like the cases made and I have been convinced to re-evaluate the case on Sloonei.
Votes for Jack out of the blue on Day 3. This was around the time I was first getting involved in the game, so I remember the general atmosphere of the thread but not anything too specific. Looking back, it seems there were some vague suspicions against Jack based on his aloofness and lack of reads. It's unclear what specifically Colin is referring to here and I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's noteworthy that this vote exists. There had been very minimal interaction between these two prior to this post.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm Why don't we talk, Colin? I want to pick someone's head, and you're the only person around.
Pick away
Firgive me if I missed it, but who are your townlocks? Why?

What's off about Jack?
I feel good about timmer, Epi, Glorf, and poutanko, mostly tonally they all pass the gut test. Sloonei, I think that INH vs Owner didn’t look like bussing in retrospect. I feel better about Jay than I did earlier. I think nutella looks like her civ game. I feel pretty good about you but somewhat less so because of the Bullzeye cop-out vote.

Jack, somebody made a case on him that I liked a lot. LC? I’d have to go back.
This is his next comment about Jack, and it's even more vague. Dislike. I'll also note that he slaps a town read on me here, still in Day 3. He can't find the reason he's voting for Jack. I really don't know what to make of this.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:00 pm Town: DH, timmer, Jay, Epi, Glorf, Sloonei

Luna and LC are baddies

Later nerds
Citing this post for the absence of Jack. His vote is still on Jack at this point, but he's not mentioned here. LC is mentioned though. I'm noticing there's a bit of back-and-forth between them. If Colin is bad, he and LC went for a distancing tactic. That is not the focus of this post though.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm I am a little creeped out by Speed thanks to the residual Bullzeye suspicion, and I do not understand his voting for Glorf whatsoever. Long Con, see above. Luna is reminding me more of her scumplay, I don’t think she believes every argument she’s making.

Townlocks are timmer, juliets, 3J, maybe Jack. Poutanko still looks good to me.
:evileye: This is Night 3. Colin never announced a vote change off of Jack, but a look at the polls tells me he ended up on Long Con. I'd like to know what changed. Maybe he'll address that as I keep looking. But this is a jarring post.
I'll also note that I distinctly recall not liking the case against luna around this time. Colin is pushing it consistently.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:47 am @ whoever rezzed INH

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. And you're fucking nuts.
Might not have been on purpose.

[Crucio]: This spell will torture a student, roleblocking them for a night and forcing them to reveal what spells they know.

[Imperio]: This spell will take control of a student’s actions. Any abilities they use will be redirected to a target of the user’s choice. The student being controlled cannot be forced to self-target. This ability can only be used once in the game on each player.

It’s one thing to rez a scumbuddy and waste the town’s time. Meaner to force a townie to burn their one shot rez one a wolf.
Well, if somebody used a rez that wasn’t on INH, speak now plz
Jack talks about INH being resurrected. Colin responds with a casual statement. Jack's post is distressing in hindsight. If he and Colin are teammates, do they strut their stuff around their successful teammate-resurrection right here? Maybe. Maybe not.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:14 pm Ok, I have been debating this at work and have decided that given the confusion about the night actions I should at least clear one of them up (or make it more confusing).

When I got Glorf's role card I was blown away to see that he had the Phoenix. I suspect he was waiting to use it if JJJ died but of course I don't know for sure. So I promptly did what Colin has been begging everyone to do and I used it, targeting Turnip Head. When dawn came I felt punched in the stomach to see that INH had been rezzed. I suspect I was targeted with Imperio though the only way that makes much sense is if the mafia already knew where the Phoenix was. I mean, why would they target me of all people with Imperio?

So mix that into the cake batter and see if we get a less lumpy cake - or is it now more lumpy?

lots of linki which I will read now
Did Glor fail N1 or more likely N2? If they misdirected you into a dead player, they had to know you had a phoenix.

This means scum misdirect shenanigans very unlikely to be the cause of Speed/Quin discrepancy.
Oh this is a good point. So glorf must have tried to use it and failed and maybe the mafia tracked to see he targeted a dead player
Very interdasting. So, full speed ahead on INH then.
Again, Jack is being very bold talking about the mechanics which may have lead to INH's resurrection, and again Colin is chiming in nonchalantly. :ponder:
In retrospect, the INH rez has the look and feel of a smokescreen. They brought him back just to eat up another day and squash some civilian momentum. By having one player (Jack) focus on the mechanics of the issue while the other (Colin) lends his soft support in the background, I could see this as a viable mafia strategy to make sure the town doesn't venture off into too many productive discussions during Day 4.
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 pm Spped
Sloonei
Luna
Quin
Sprit

POE. I think.
This just in: Colin fails to count to 7. :p

I'll be Jay's advocate and ask for two more.
Jack and Mac I guess.
If you're keeping score at home, Colin's progression on Jack has gone from the vaguest of vague suspicions, to the vaguest of vague town reads, to reluctant inclusion in his POE. All of this without ever actually offering a single piece of insight into the player called Jackofhearts2005.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:53 am @DharmaHelper

About Sloonei. There’s wrong and there’s teamed. If it wasn’t, would you still be voting for him?

I’m cause wrong but if that’s not what you’re thinking, this is a mistake.

If that makes sense.
Hopefully this is secret Floo speak and not you having a stroke?
Displays an awareness of Jack's floo code before it had been made explicitly clear in the thread. It wasn't exactly a secret that Jack was speaking in code. I don't specifically remember him saying it was a "floo code", though that could be taken implicitly. This is an interesting post that has the potential of being TMI, especially given Colin's relative silence on Jack outside of this moment. This is definitely something worth exploring, at the very least.

From here on out we enter Day 5 madness:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 pm Okay listen up. I have use of the divination spell and here are my results:
N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N3 - used another ability
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

I didn't want to claim already. But it's day 5 and I don't want to knowingly watch a townie get lynched. So @timmer @DharmaHelper @ColinIsCool @Jackofhearts2005 make a better choice and get off Sloonei.

If you need further proof, look at my first rainbow read post. I listed Epi and Owner in dark green, since I had checked them by then.
So do we have consensus on whether Divination can be used in this manner (consecutively)?
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:46 pm So scumteam is Sloonei + Luna?

(Only about 75% serious here.)
Not about Jack, but I just want to note that Colin resisted Luna's claim when it first came out today. This was also the basis of Jack's claim, and it appears now that his initial intent was to frame Luna. Instead he framed Poutanko.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:11 pm My gut reaction is that if one of our cops is lying, it's poutanko. I'm not sure I think any of our cops are lying, but luna's claim is batshit insane if she's bad, and Jack's behavior, now that it's been explained, seems to make perfect sense if he's a cop trying to lay low.
Yup
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:22 pm My brain is very confused by being convinced that Sloobei is scum and also agreeing with him re: Jack
Colin is on board with the theory that Jack's not bad. Unforgivable, clearly anyone who's on this train of thought must be bad.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:51 pm People should get off sprit. Someone is lying in this trio.
He at least emphasizes that one of Jack/Luna/Poutanko is bad, but also his vote remains on poutanko, and his initial reaction was against Luna. He appears open to the case against Jack (here), but it appears that Jack is 3rd out of 3 on his list of potential bad guys here.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm Here’s a question though: why does scum poutanko cop Speed as bad knowing it’s wrong? :ponder:
Expresses skepticism about the Poutanko lynch. Not a bad look. But then...
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm I don’t fuckin get anything man. Putting my phone down until later.
Throws up his hands and walks away. In hindsight, I remember Colin as kind of a peripheral presence during the end of day 5. He was here, but he wasn't a driving force in any of the discussion. That's often a role I associate with scum in hectic moments like this one. While the civilians are scrambling to get their shit together, scum tend to hang back, feeling less urgency. I don't sense as much urgency from Colin as I do from others.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:16 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm If anybody with like Protego or Wingardium Leviosa or even Sacrificial Protection wants to like...help a brother out tonight that'd be good and cool.
I used my Leviosa on Jack already to roleblock him.
Nothing guards against role manipulation quite like telegraphing your night actions.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:16 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm If anybody with like Protego or Wingardium Leviosa or even Sacrificial Protection wants to like...help a brother out tonight that'd be good and cool.
I used my Leviosa on Jack already to roleblock him.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:22 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:22 pm Although does 5 with 1 unkillable seem a bit much? Could be 4.
5 does seem a bit much.
novaselinenever
INH
Long Con
Jack
[Jack's partner]
Whoops, forgot about nova too.
:ponder:

In other news, Colin has done a 180 on me post-flip. This gives me pause on reading him as scum, though I can see some motivation for him to do that. It's impossible for either of us to condemn the other without also calling ourselves out, since we pretty much mirrored each other all day. If Colin is scum, he could be hesitant to go after me because that then invites everybody to go after him as well.

I don't need to use my imagination too much to read Colin as bad here. He had next to nothing to say about Jack Days 1-4, but his read on him bounced around to extreme ends of the spectrum depending on what day it was, always without explanation. That's not a good look. The piece which I think deserves the most attention right now is the potential TMI slip in this post. Is it likely that Colin was aware that Jack was attempting to communicate with a Floo partner here without any extra knowledge?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

...I think Sloonei is Town. The timing of Jack/Luna claim is close to EoD. Say, if the wagon on Sloonei continued and he flipped town (I think I see someone wanting the wagon to continue), that would give more cred to their claim because of "correct check". I'm just not sure if Luna-Jack are scum buddies, that's too crazy. It's the timing that bothers me. Did Jack claim before or after DH's pressure?
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, Jack talked about having a Floo code with Kyle way earlier in the game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But you may have a point that there wasn't much prompting to bring it up at the point that he did. And the rest of the case on Colin is solid; I also had an orange interactive read of him and Jack. I feel like I had reasons to townread him (beyond pout's check) but the bad things might outweigh the good here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

poutanko wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 pm ...I think Sloonei is Town. The timing of Jack/Luna claim is close to EoD. Say, if the wagon on Sloonei continued and he flipped town (I think I see someone wanting the wagon to continue), that would give more cred to their claim because of "correct check". I'm just not sure if Luna-Jack are scum buddies, that's too crazy. It's the timing that bothers me. Did Jack claim before or after DH's pressure?
Not really following you here. I think you're on a different wavelength than the rest of the thread atm. Sloonei and Luna are town. And iirc Jack didn't claim until after DH stated in the thread that Jack had claimed in their floo chat; after this Jack talked about what he claimed.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 pm
poutanko wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 pm ...I think Sloonei is Town. The timing of Jack/Luna claim is close to EoD. Say, if the wagon on Sloonei continued and he flipped town (I think I see someone wanting the wagon to continue), that would give more cred to their claim because of "correct check". I'm just not sure if Luna-Jack are scum buddies, that's too crazy. It's the timing that bothers me. Did Jack claim before or after DH's pressure?
Not really following you here. I think you're on a different wavelength than the rest of the thread atm. Sloonei and Luna are town. And iirc Jack didn't claim until after DH stated in the thread that Jack had claimed in their floo chat; after this Jack talked about what he claimed.
...I'll read later after work.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

Kara's mentions of Jack:
Moving on to Jack's interactions then:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:56 am
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm I think Gryffindor is suspect since the murder occured in front of their common room.
This checks out.
Sarcastic support of a mechanical theory which I know nothing of.

Total silence until Day 3, at which point he lists kara as a "Toss up" in a tiered list of reads. :|
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 pm Kara, Mac and (drumroll please) a deepwolf are my POE. :grin:

Cause I never ever have only wolves in my POE. So why bother dig into my townleans at this point? Just wait for some flips.
Day 4 now. Kara, mac, and SOMEBODY UNNAMED are Jack's POE pool. Cool. Neat. I'm unsure what to make of Jack's total silence on Kara til now. Kara, outside of sprit, has been the quietest player in the game. On the one hand, you'd think that's the type of player scum like Jack would want to include in discussions if they're town. On the other hand, it's perhaps possible that Jack just wanted to avoid being caught going after an easy target like that, or he sincerely overlooked Kara. I'm not sure what I believe, and I'd probably need to take a more thorough look at Jack's posts to really have much confidence there.

Goes after speedchuck for sharing information with kara.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm Speedchuck just confirmed himself as scum and that his teammate is in Slytherin. Nice!
I don't get it. Please explain while I sit with my legs crossed and listen nice a nice boy.
diricrawl cannot switch actions directed at one person to another, diricrawl can only switch actions directed at the owner to another. speedchuck has maintained the first, which is a mechanical impossibility.

he also says his floo powder buddy is the reason for this, who can only be a Slytherin since they last won the house cup.
Speed is saying his floobuddy (who is Kara because she already said so) dirticrawler switched herself with Speed.

Therefore, someone who have had to misdirect Kara and him for his info to be wrong.

He’s still bad but you misunderstood.
Interesting that Jack emphasizes speed is bad here, but leaves kara out of the judgment altogether. This after he lists kara and mac as the primary occupents of his POE pool. Not a good look for kara.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 pm

So that when I die my knowledge lives on. I think Kara is town.

:noble:

Considered telling the rest of the thread, too.
But Kara is in like every scum poe.
"Kara is the universal suspect." Unsure what to make of this. Speedchuck is one of the few people sticking up for kara here, and Jack slaps him for disagreeing with the consensus. But I'm still not seeing any discussion of kara from jack.

still in that poe

:ponder:!
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 am 7 player poe
Chuck
Quin
Luna
Kara
Sprityo
Colin
Pou
To be continued.
:ponder: After debating nutella's scum read on kara for a bit, jack crosses out a few names on his POE list. Kara is not one of them.

And that's the end of it. The main interaction is his brief exchange with nutella during this most recent day phase. It is very easy to read that as a Death Eater trying to delicately remove the pressure from their partner. That he continues to leave Kara in his POE afterwards could indicate that he was unwilling to establish too much of a connection between them. Outside of that, there's a near complete lack of interaction between these two. I didn't achieve as much as I would have liked in this post, and I'd need to look at each of these two in more detail if I was going to say anything definitive. But for the moment I can say that there's some visible evidence in support of a teammate interaction, though not enough to feel too strongly about it. I believe nutella has done more kara homework, so maybe just compare this with whatever she's said for the time being.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:44 pm But you may have a point that there wasn't much prompting to bring it up at the point that he did. And the rest of the case on Colin is solid; I also had an orange interactive read of him and Jack. I feel like I had reasons to townread him (beyond pout's check) but the bad things might outweigh the good here.
Yeah, my point is more about Colin specifically bringing it up there rather than whether or not Jack had mentioned anything about the Floo code. I mean, I was fully aware that he had some sort of coded chat going on with somebody in the thread, though I wasn't aware it was established in a Floo chat or anything like that. Given Colin's relative silence on Jack for most of the game, that comment struck me as a rather pointed observation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Something to keep in mind is that we presumably only have one scum left (not counting Jack, who is essentially just Peeves at this point). This means that any potential connections between two non-Jack players probably aren't actually indicative of anything.

And also, Luna is town for sure. I know I have the privilege of knowing my alignment, but her claim is absolutely insane if she's scum. She did it solely to save me late in the day, when she's been in the clear for most of the game. There's nothing even remotely close to a decent reason for a bad lunalee to do that right there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by Sloonei »

Mac&Jack
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:21 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:19 pm Can you unpack that scrotum read, Mac?
I'll unpack your scrotum if you're not careful.
I am thankful to be missing the context of this post.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm The Jack and Mac attack is back. Leggoooo.
Mac draws full attention to an apparent association between him and Jack here. Even for a ballsy player like Mac, I don't think this is a teammate interaction. It seems too spontaneous.

Lumps Jack in with some other under-the-radar players. This appears to be Mac's first explicit mention of Jack in terms of a read. I hesitate to call it player salad, because Mac is referring to a specific quality which can be assigned to a number of players in the game at this time, Jack included.
I like this post overall.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 pm INH- Eh...stop worrying about what other people have to say about you and do something worthwhile with your life, unlike David Lynch. :llama:
This is just good advice for me in general.
This interaction is the most eyebrow raising because it almost seems like in thread coaching.

No interactions with:

Colin
DH
Glor
Poutanko
Quin

Poutanko and Glor makes sense. The other three not so much.

If INH is really Mafia, I'd clear nutella, lunalee, Jay and Jack.
I don't know why Mac says this. 3 of those 4 names look good. The other one does not. If he doesn't go on to explain it, I'd like to hear his reasoning even though this was like a month ago.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm MacDougall, find the bad people and the good people.
INH interacts very little with scum teammates. It's his meta. He is not someone that dances around with wifom distancing tricks from what I have ever seen.

Who did he interact with exactly zero times?
Exactly zero
Colin
poutanko

Functionally zero if not literally
Bullzeye/speedchuck
MacDougall
Quin
So why is my interaction with him functionally zero and not Jack's which is almost identical in that it was a one emoji reply to a sarcastic insult? Like Jack and my interactions with INH were legitimately as identical as it can get without being literally identical.
Refers to Jack in an act of self-defense. I don't know if BadMac calls attention to his teammate like this right here.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 pm If INH is really Mafia, I'd clear nutella, lunalee, Jay and Jack.
Why Jack?
I don't see Mafia Jack saying what he said about Mafia teammate INH.
I believe this is what Mac's talking about. Obviously incorrect, but this does not strike me as a bogus read. It's a pretty obscure thing to focus on, which usually suggests honesty in my opinion.
I think that's three points in favor of Mac to zero points against him so far. Already the cleanest smelling of the bunch.

Following the same progression, he's "feeling good about Jack". He lists Long Con at the opposite end of this list, for reference. While wrong, I don't think this read looks insincere.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:46 pm Counterpoint all these rational people think I am scum but Jack has me as a top town read. Is Jack buddying me?
Healthy skepticism.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:35 pm I want to hear from Jackoflurks2005.
Ain't nobody escapes the watchful eye of Mark Dougall.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:31 pm I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.
Anyway. You express uncertainty about Mac and I going after DH, and then my removing myself from that dialogue.

What do you suspect is the mafia agenda which may exist underneath that behavior on the part of any of the three? If you don't mean to suggest a mafia agenda, what is the source of your uncertainty?

speedchuck, you too.
The mafia agenda is obvious.

Scum DH doesn’t want to be suspected and defends himself accordingly.

Scum Mac wants to breakup the towncore.

Scum Jay sees a t/t squabble and pushes it but then takes himself out of it.

If there are multiple scum players here (unlikely, given the estimated number of scum left and other suspects), distancing would be a factor.

I’m not sure why you’re asking this question. You seem to imply “there is no possible scum motivation for the behavior of these 3 players.” Is that what you believe?
You had me as locktown before this. What have I done to make you tinfoil?
A rift is emerging. Given that this is a light hypothetical from Jack, I'm not sure the post would merit a response from a teammate here. I can't not see Mac as town in all of these interactions, apparently.

Gives Jack a 6 out of 10 on his player ranking scale. That's on the good side of average. Okay.

A big old waffle on Jack in a list of more detailed reads. I don't love this, but I don't hate it enough in the light of the rest of these interactions to be severely bothered by it.

And then that's the end of it. There wasn't much of a progression here, but in such a way that it looks more like Mac was genuinely not all that conscious of Jack. There are a few moments of abrupt interaction that feel too spontaneous and unmeditated for them to be teammates. Based on the three ISOs I've just done, Mac is the player I'd be least inclined to lynch. I have no major issues to point out. If anyone has something to say against Mac, please do. I'm slapping a town read on him in the meantime.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

LONG CON LINKS
1http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php ... 26#p490426 Kara
2 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 44#p490644 Luna
3 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 48#p490648 Nutella, owner
4 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 49#p490649 Glorf
5 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p490651 Mac
6 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p490652 Glorf, Jay
7 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 87#p490687 Colin
8 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 25#p490725 Owner
9 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 48#p490748 Kara
10 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 13#p490913 Jack
11. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p490953 Nutella
12. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 54#p491054 Owner, Luna
13. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 79#p491179 Owner
14. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 21#p491321 Owner, Colin
15 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 35#p491335 Timmer
16 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 37#p491337 Colin, Mac
17. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 38#p491338 Colin, Mac
18. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p491352 Nutella, Owner
19. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p491600 Luna
20. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p491607 Owner, Kara
21. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 81#p491981 Glorf
22. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 85#p491985 Kara, Timmer, Luna
23. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 64#p492164 INH
24. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 69#p492169 Jack
25 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p492362 Nutella, Luna
26. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 80#p492380 Timmer, Owner
27. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 01#p492601 Owner, Nutella, Glorf
28. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 32#p492632 Mac, Nutella
29. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 83#p492683 Colin
30. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 22#p492722 Timmer
31. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 26#p492726 Timmer
32. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p492753 Colin
33. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 13#p492913 Colin
----
Link Explanations:
1. Goofy Dingus post saying Kara's name sounds like a forbidden spell
2. Wants me to explain my "juicy" Lunalee suspicion/catch
3. Commends Nutella for her player salad catch against Owner calling it a "proven" finder of baddies.
4. Defends Glorf/JC from truth meta
5. Goofy Dingus post saying Mac should get lynched
6. Up Glorf's ass about saving Bad-Jay for later.
7. Defends against Colin's whole "Pedantic" thing
8. Defends Owner from me RE: Dark Arts/Hallows slip
9. Interestingly the only person left alive from Long Con's "I'm not on a team with" post is Kara.
10. Goofy Dingus post about Jack's Long Con vote.
11. Wants Jay's opinion on nutella.
12. Defends Owner again, Sees TH/Luna as W/w
13. Doesn't think Owner is bad, votes TH.
14. +1's Owner's suspicion of Colin
15. Thinks Timmer's post was "hedgey"
16. Agrees with Colin and Mac that Bullz' nova vote looks suspect.
17. "Kind of" suspects Colin and Mac for jumping on Bullz.
18. Pokes Nutella RE: Owner "remembering" Jay tied the vote at 4.
19. Big post about how bad Luna is
20. Defends Owner from Kara. The "if Owner turns up scum" thing is the big red flag here
21. Suspicious of Glorf
22. Votes Luna, ditches Bullz suspicion based on Timmer being a cop. "Could vote for" Kara if it came down to it.
23. Votes INH based on the salad thing
24. Goofy Dingus Jack interaction
25. Prods Nutella to respond to Luna
26. Cops to protecting Owner D1
27. Says sloonei "townslipped" Sees Speeds suspicion of Glorf and nutella as "healthy". says Sprityo has "said nothing"
28. Says Mac accidentally revealed Nutella as civ
29. Opines that Colin might be bad looking to get rezzed
30. Goofy Dingus post about voting for Timmer
31. "Feels good" about Timmer
32. Finds Colin's play to be "pretty strong"
33. Votes Colin
Conclusions: not a full ISO but far more than enough to get to the bottom of some things:

Nutella, their interactions look good. LC was doing a lot of buddying/+1ing this game, and I think he was targeting civs.
Timmer, looks OK.
Kara, looks....meh? here. The "if Owner turns up scum" interaction is a plus. Goofing on Kara about her name looks funky given Long Con's Jack interaction proves he's not above goofing with teammates in the thread. Kara's the only one left alive from Long Con's big Veritiserum post apart from me, and everyone who has flipped from that has flipped civ.
Colin, I think this clears Colin IMO. LC trial baloons a Colin suspicion pretty early, then says Colin "looks strong", then votes the guy? IDK.
Luna looks great RE: LC

Long Con's ISO, as I've been over the 1000th time, looks Mondo Primo Garbo for Sloonei/Owner. Multiple instances of him protecting/defending Sloonei/Owner with his vote and posts. #14 is perhaps the silver bullet in Owner/Sloonei's favor though given Long Con's pattern of glomping onto and buddying civs this game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

Quinny Quinquin:
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 pm Hey gang! I have two votes now, LOL.

HAH HAH.

LOL.

Anyway I have no time to read or do anything; I’m at a Pittsburgh conference. Did I already say that? Dunno.

RIP my meta 5ever

Someone tag me and give me a convincing argument for a vote and I may follow you, assuming I get a chance to check in.
If I posted this, Jay would vote for me. :nicenod:
Would that vote be justified?
Generic Day 1 Quinpost

Holy crap there's nothing again until Day 4. :huh:
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm Speedchuck just confirmed himself as scum and that his teammate is in Slytherin. Nice!
I don't get it. Please explain while I sit with my legs crossed and listen nice a nice boy.
diricrawl cannot switch actions directed at one person to another, diricrawl can only switch actions directed at the owner to another. speedchuck has maintained the first, which is a mechanical impossibility.

he also says his floo powder buddy is the reason for this, who can only be a Slytherin since they last won the house cup.
Speed is saying his floobuddy (who is Kara because she already said so) dirticrawler switched herself with Speed.

Therefore, someone who have had to misdirect Kara and him for his info to be wrong.

He’s still bad but you misunderstood.
and juliets also claimed being redirected.
They argue over the mechanics of speedchuck's claim. Jack's entire involvement during Day 4 should probably be studied. In isolation, this exchange doesn't hurt Quin, but it's not telling enough for that to be a strong stance.

Jack is in both versions of Quin's 6-person POE pool. Okay.
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:41 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:36 am @Quin @Sloonei

What do you think of my assertion that Colin can only be mafia if Pout is mafia and even then, it requires Pout to play in a needlessly risky fashion?

Furthermore, if this is the case, that’s probably the mafia. Pout and Colin. Your other suspects are all town.

Does this affect your scumread on Colin at all? Is a Pout/Colin scumteam plausible to you?

Anyone else who suspects Colin but is Pout agnostic or pro Pout should answer this question.
I don't know why pout has to be mafia when I think of my own theory of why Colin is bad. But to talk about pout, I'm at least wary about the idea that scum pout would cop claim so...openly? If that's the word for it. Pout's been wrong about one check already and if Colin is bad that makes two. It's suicidal.
Jack asks a joint question for Quin and I. Quin's response is pretty much the same as mine. I wasn't in agreement with the premise of Jack's question that Colin and Poutanko must be bad together. It's obvious why that's the case now. That Jack is framing this question for the both of us seems to suggest that he was lumping Quin and I into a singular category. That category is "civilians who might be persuaded into voting for poutanko". Good look for Quin, I think, but I'm open to other interpretations.

That's the end of it. There's surprisingly little here, but the bits that do exist don't point to a teammate relationship. A look into Jack's interactions could prove more fruitful, but I don't know if I should devote the time to that right now. If I don't get to it tonight and live to see Day 6, that'll be a top priority for sure.

Rankings based on the four ISOs I just did

Mac
Quin
Kara
Colin

I'm almost feeling confident that we'll find our last Death Eater in either Colin or Kara. I could go either way and my analysis tonight has not been close to comprehensive. A more completely picture would certainly bring new information to light.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:26 am LONG CON LINKS
1http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php ... 26#p490426 Kara
2 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 44#p490644 Luna
3 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 48#p490648 Nutella, owner
4 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 49#p490649 Glorf
5 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p490651 Mac
6 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p490652 Glorf, Jay
7 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 87#p490687 Colin
8 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 25#p490725 Owner
9 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 48#p490748 Kara
10 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 13#p490913 Jack
11. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p490953 Nutella
12. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 54#p491054 Owner, Luna
13. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 79#p491179 Owner
14. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 21#p491321 Owner, Colin
15 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 35#p491335 Timmer
16 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 37#p491337 Colin, Mac
17. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 38#p491338 Colin, Mac
18. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p491352 Nutella, Owner
19. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p491600 Luna
20. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p491607 Owner, Kara
21. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 81#p491981 Glorf
22. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 85#p491985 Kara, Timmer, Luna
23. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 64#p492164 INH
24. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 69#p492169 Jack
25 http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p492362 Nutella, Luna
26. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 80#p492380 Timmer, Owner
27. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 01#p492601 Owner, Nutella, Glorf
28. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 32#p492632 Mac, Nutella
29. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 83#p492683 Colin
30. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 22#p492722 Timmer
31. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 26#p492726 Timmer
32. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p492753 Colin
33. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 13#p492913 Colin
----
Link Explanations:
1. Goofy Dingus post saying Kara's name sounds like a forbidden spell
2. Wants me to explain my "juicy" Lunalee suspicion/catch
3. Commends Nutella for her player salad catch against Owner calling it a "proven" finder of baddies.
4. Defends Glorf/JC from truth meta
5. Goofy Dingus post saying Mac should get lynched
6. Up Glorf's ass about saving Bad-Jay for later.
7. Defends against Colin's whole "Pedantic" thing
8. Defends Owner from me RE: Dark Arts/Hallows slip
9. Interestingly the only person left alive from Long Con's "I'm not on a team with" post is Kara.
10. Goofy Dingus post about Jack's Long Con vote.
11. Wants Jay's opinion on nutella.
12. Defends Owner again, Sees TH/Luna as W/w
13. Doesn't think Owner is bad, votes TH.
14. +1's Owner's suspicion of Colin
15. Thinks Timmer's post was "hedgey"
16. Agrees with Colin and Mac that Bullz' nova vote looks suspect.
17. "Kind of" suspects Colin and Mac for jumping on Bullz.
18. Pokes Nutella RE: Owner "remembering" Jay tied the vote at 4.
19. Big post about how bad Luna is
20. Defends Owner from Kara. The "if Owner turns up scum" thing is the big red flag here
21. Suspicious of Glorf
22. Votes Luna, ditches Bullz suspicion based on Timmer being a cop. "Could vote for" Kara if it came down to it.
23. Votes INH based on the salad thing
24. Goofy Dingus Jack interaction
25. Prods Nutella to respond to Luna
26. Cops to protecting Owner D1
27. Says sloonei "townslipped" Sees Speeds suspicion of Glorf and nutella as "healthy". says Sprityo has "said nothing"
28. Says Mac accidentally revealed Nutella as civ
29. Opines that Colin might be bad looking to get rezzed
30. Goofy Dingus post about voting for Timmer
31. "Feels good" about Timmer
32. Finds Colin's play to be "pretty strong"
33. Votes Colin
Conclusions: not a full ISO but far more than enough to get to the bottom of some things:

Nutella, their interactions look good. LC was doing a lot of buddying/+1ing this game, and I think he was targeting civs.
Timmer, looks OK.
Kara, looks....meh? here. The "if Owner turns up scum" interaction is a plus. Goofing on Kara about her name looks funky given Long Con's Jack interaction proves he's not above goofing with teammates in the thread. Kara's the only one left alive from Long Con's big Veritiserum post apart from me, and everyone who has flipped from that has flipped civ.
Colin, I think this clears Colin IMO. LC trial baloons a Colin suspicion pretty early, then says Colin "looks strong", then votes the guy? IDK.
Luna looks great RE: LC

Long Con's ISO, as I've been over the 1000th time, looks Mondo Primo Garbo for Sloonei/Owner. Multiple instances of him protecting/defending Sloonei/Owner with his vote and posts. #14 is perhaps the silver bullet in Owner/Sloonei's favor though given Long Con's pattern of glomping onto and buddying civs this game.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In retrospect LC ping-ponging between trusting and suspecting Mac/Colin and then Dunking on Colin should've given him away lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I had a look at kara's posts. She had a lot to say to/about Long Con but I'm completely split on it. New players (as in totally new to the game of mafia) are my kryptonite. They're making it all up as they go regardless of alignment, so it's extremely difficult to pin down a motivation on anything they say.

I need a break anyway. If I'm right that it's either colin or kara then that's cool and I feel like we're in good shape. But we should give everyone some scrutiny who deserves. Turn up the pressure on all these suckers. yadda yadda. go team.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

You guys my mafia partners are Kara and Colin. :haha:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway Goodnight everyone. Thanks for being a part of the greatest Day Phase ever.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have very good news. I canary creamed Jack at the start of the day so if Kara or Quin are his teammate and Colin is telling the truth this should be a fun night

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:23 am Lumps Jack in with some other under-the-radar players. This appears to be Mac's first explicit mention of Jack in terms of a read. I hesitate to call it player salad, because Mac is referring to a specific quality which can be assigned to a number of players in the game at this time, Jack included.
I like this post overall.
Can I just add that so far out of that little group two have proven to be mafia, one was town and two are still alive. Let's lynch one of the other two.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 pm INH- Eh...stop worrying about what other people have to say about you and do something worthwhile with your life, unlike David Lynch. :llama:
This is just good advice for me in general.
This interaction is the most eyebrow raising because it almost seems like in thread coaching.

No interactions with:

Colin
DH
Glor
Poutanko
Quin

Poutanko and Glor makes sense. The other three not so much.

If INH is really Mafia, I'd clear nutella, lunalee, Jay and Jack.
I don't know why Mac says this. 3 of those 4 names look good. The other one does not. If he doesn't go on to explain it, I'd like to hear his reasoning even though this was like a month ago.
Oh well. All the power to Jack and INH for doing some decent distancing there.

Notice that Colin and Quin appear in this group too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:08 am You guys my mafia partners are Kara and Colin. :haha:
Either one of, both or neither of Kara and Colin are scum, confirmed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

By the way DH I am far from upset. Congratulations, you are playing very well. If you are dead I will do my best to ensure that your efforts are rewarded with a town win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 4

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:47 pm
karavalenge wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm Looks to me like the whole mafia is on Speed.
I'm thinking the same thing. @poutanko needs to get back in here and talk to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 5

Post by MacDougall »

karavalenge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:12 pm Go ahead and kill me like you killed speed then.
Can you come back. I just read your posts and I like them, think you are town, and like you.
karavalenge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:28 pm Lol, literally the only town to believe in Speed's innocence and I'm immediately suspected because of that. Cause he was definitely "so scummy" with how he was genuinely trying to figure out information and didn't even blame Pou for the false cop call.

Meanwhile, I know who the other town vig is in the case that quin is in fact scum, and I could easily have had them killed last night if I was scum, since nobody else knows.
This reeks of civ sarcasm.
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 am
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 am Honestly I think Quin is scum for focusing on my part too hard and I think Speed is scum for focusing on his investigation too hard and I think Jay and Pou are scum for believing Pou's one Maf call too hard.

You're all too trusting, it sickens me
:biggrin:

Do you think anyone looks particularly good?
Right now I'm willing to trust nutella, Colin, and MacDougall.

I also don't think there's actually as many Scum alive as I'm making it out to be, obviously. I imagine there's 2 or 3 besides INH.
You like me, I like you, lets be friends.
karavalenge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:34 pm My vote is on nutella for now, but I'd much rather lynch Quin today.
I agree. I'd like to lynch Quin too. I think through POE, speedchuck's flip and other circumstantial evidence... coupled with the fact that I am tone reading you good that Quin is highly likely to be bad. Colin too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I hope Timmer shoots at Jack tonight to save us the trouble of having to lynch him.

Can anyone summarise why we are assuming there are 5 Mafia? I feel like that might be light with the amount of town strength floating around.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I just read the first five pages of nutella's ISO and I am tinfoiling very very hard right now on her.

a) Why is she considered locktown beyond post count and "supatown" reasons?

Has anybody interactively analysed her with Jack or LC? Because at face value she goes back and forward on both of them a lot. There are several instances where she does so in the same post even.

Are we just gunshy about lynching nutella because of Firefly? I feel like she has coasted for days.

We can also see that Jack had been pretty heavily buddying me by offering a town read of me when others were skeptical and there is a period in the game where nutella pivoted hard to town reading me too after she started off attacking me quite a lot. I am wondering whether the Mafia have been tactically buddying me in this game.

I am not sure I am going to be able to do a wall or anything (nor do I think anyone would read it if I did given the subject) but given DH and Sloonei are making some effort posts I'd appreciate being humoured and seeing what either of you feel when you read back her ISO.

I will finish reading it and see if my impression changes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 5

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:11 pm Jack did you kill LC?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So the biggest argument for nutella = town is at the very end with her casting a critical vote on Jack.

Hmmm ... I am left fearing her but I will begrudge that it's hard for me to see, given how much flipping around is on her meta and she has already done it here, that she wouldn't have found a way to get her vote onto Poutanko at the end of day to save Jack if she was his teammate.

That being said ... she is/was in the box seat at the top of many town lists and Jack does still live so it's a good way to make oneself look amazing. But in a game with cops coming out of our ears ... nah you play the smart play and go for the save don't you? You've got to keep your team alive, bussing is not an option there.

Healthy skepticism is in order imo. I have seen enough to not take for granted her alignment. I would consider Timmer, juliets, lunalee, Pout and DH as above reproach at this point.

Her interactions with Jack all game long were pingy right until her vote and her interactions with LC and INH were not much better.

She spent day 5 trying out so many different options and none stuck.

But, alas, her vote is on lynched Mafia at the end of the day.

Forgive me for the paranoia nutella, if you are town. I can't help it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper
juliets 2.0
timmer
Lunalee
poutanko
nutella
Sloonei
karavalenge

sprityo
ColinIsCool
Quin

Man I think we've nailed it. Quin or Colin. Has to be. One or both.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Not that I did much to help...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ah well I am off. Would have been nice to have shared this time with some others but y'all sleepin. See ya.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:44 pm But you may have a point that there wasn't much prompting to bring it up at the point that he did. And the rest of the case on Colin is solid; I also had an orange interactive read of him and Jack. I feel like I had reasons to townread him (beyond pout's check) but the bad things might outweigh the good here.
Yup, nutella is right bc Jack constantly asked me to floo him but that’s a pretty solid case. I got nothing I can really say in defense other than Jack tricked me good.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:06 am DharmaHelper
juliets 2.0
timmer
Lunalee
poutanko
nutella
Sloonei
karavalenge

sprityo
ColinIsCool
Quin

Man I think we've nailed it. Quin or Colin. Has to be. One or both.
Can you elaborate a little more on why not Kara than you did above? Because I don’t think it’s Quin, unless there is a solution to that night action shit that points to it.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I really do understand if everybody wants to lynch me, I bungled Jack pretty badly but if you have any direct questions you’d like to ask, shoot
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Also I floo’d Kara before all this to attempt to learn who Speed watched.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 am I really do understand if everybody wants to lynch me, I bungled Jack pretty badly but if you have any direct questions you’d like to ask, shoot
I don't want to lynch you Colin
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss