juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:41 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:36 pm So prior to nutella flipping Nanook says:

"Inb4 Nutella flips mafia/rogue with a soup kill"

And haha, that's what she flips.

Why does wolf-Nanook make this post?

He says after EOD that he wants to say scum Nanook would never say that but he probably would because it's hilarious.

Why does he make this first post? So he can later point to it and say it's clearing? @Master Radishes you have wolfed with Nanook, would you say this is the kind of thing you saw scum Nanook do?
Completely within Nanook's wolf range tbh. He pays more attention than he often lets on in thread (though he's clearly been more active this game than the ones I wolfed with him) and strategises in wolf chat and such. He's also fairly versatile; in one game he distanced from me early on, in another he tried to townclear me instead and had to backtrack later.
Thanks for your thoughts, it helps me to know this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

I haven't played with nanook before that I know of. Just going off his actions in thread
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Lmao at joe still voting me. What are you even doing kid
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:46 pm I haven't played with nanook before that I know of. Just going off his actions in thread
Thank you too dya, I am trying to do the same.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am Oddmerta has irked my suspicion

I will no proceed to iso him
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:40 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:11 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:40 pm Mac claims to be a master of "first post reads." His first post is crafted specifically to meet his own first post townie standards and therefore is probably just NAI.
Tim is lock town because he said "claims" instead of "is". Not pandering to me when he very easily could = lock town. Tim, you have been elevated. You are now Simeon, the Incredible Talking Half Banana Half Orangutan. Your job is to try not to get night killed or misyeeted while I townshield you and drag you to endgame somehow.
Are you sure you locktown this guy? Might be a bit early for that
Why not?
Because I'm scumreading him pretty hard
Oddmerta wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:02 pm This is why nutella is scum, they never challemged any of the votes against them. Always going for people not on their wagon.

At 1 vote is where you start challenging but they let it get all the way up to 11 votes. As town surely you would do something about the people voting for you, 3 votes, 5 votes, 8 votes, 10 votes. It's not a runaway wagon at all, it's an unchallenged one
Stinky. The guy who avoided suspicion all day one has two posts a relative content. There are some questions to other players mixed in but nothing that put's forward town solving. Oddmerta suspected Tim all day, then decided he wanted to join the majority and suspect nutella. This stinks. Now for him to suddenly be all up in my business looks even worse for him. He's taking the current situation and running with it. This looks worse than any of the other two player's ive ISOd so far.

This is the ideal position of a wolf. Be low, be read as towny enough, and push for what looks to be an easy mislynch.
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:41 am [VOTE: Oddmerta, Tutuu] aubergine

Going to resume my vote from yesterday on Tutuu and start my new one.

I'm starting to back off of Alison now. But i still do not trust her.
this is a very awkward series of posts
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

I feel like this game mostly happens when I'm asleep
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am Only 1 wagon dies today Mac, not 2.

We have 2 votes but the top vote getter gets yeeted.
Yes I was explicitly notified that I was post capped. I have reason to believe I was hit with another separate negative night action.

I know we have one yeet (though I would like someone to actually very bluntly state how we know this because I'm not entirely sure) hence why I said vig the other one. It does not matter. I am saying that we yeet one of them and it outs the other's alignment even if we pick wrong. The chance of there being not mafia between them is very low because Nanook has chosen to vote for Sprityo essentially thunderdoming him vs. Sprityo. That he acted first is a good look for him, but that he had zero votes on him until I voted there is not so essentially we need to just yeet the scummier one. In my view that's Sprityo.

I think JPIC is literally just mafia anyway regardless. I don't see two town PR going onto me n1. I was not jailkept clearly. I already caught a watch from Hally. I wouldn't have been tracked (probably wasn't copped). I probably was doctored, but it wasn't JPIC or he'd have just claimed that. In actuality him not claiming doc there is probably confirmation that I actually WAS doctored because it's a much safer and more reasonable claim.

Even if I think JPIC is literally mafia, we only have one yeet today and it's better for the gamestate that we flip one of the others because JPIC self resolves if he is somehow real and from my perspective he's not the only one near lock to be mafia, I think Sprityo is also near lock to be mafia.

I think we flip Sprityo. If he flips mafia it essentially clears Nanook. JPIC probably doesn't die even if he's real because the mafia need us to yeet him tomorrow so they will trade him getting another confirm (or out).

Note in the event of my death: If JPIC does not get a cop check tomorrow, gets yeeted and genuinely flips cop, turbo yeet Tim. 100% without questioning this. Tim essentially would be outed by virtue of encouraging the town to bring through a realcop to the next day knowing that said cop isn't going to get a shot off.
i do not agree w/this line of reasoning. we can say with near 100% certainty that JPIC is scum, so we should yeet him. it's that simple. it's a mistake to prioritize mechanics over scumhunting, and mechanics should not influence our votes when we have a near-confirmed scum in our midst

spirit is probably scum too fwiw, i just do not consider this a convincing argument to not lynch JPIC
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:14 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am @Oddmerta what's your beef with spf?
Probs a deepwolf, I'll have a hard time proving that one
lmfao

What’s up cool cats I’m in and out for a bit
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Yes I was explicitly notified that I was post capped. I have reason to believe I was hit with another separate negative night action.

I know we have one yeet (though I would like someone to actually very bluntly state how we know this because I'm not entirely sure) hence why I said vig the other one. It does not matter. I am saying that we yeet one of them and it outs the other's alignment even if we pick wrong. The chance of there being not mafia between them is very low because Nanook has chosen to vote for Sprityo essentially thunderdoming him vs. Sprityo. That he acted first is a good look for him, but that he had zero votes on him until I voted there is not so essentially we need to just yeet the scummier one. In my view that's Sprityo.

I think JPIC is literally just mafia anyway regardless. I don't see two town PR going onto me n1. I was not jailkept clearly. I already caught a watch from Hally. I wouldn't have been tracked (probably wasn't copped). I probably was doctored, but it wasn't JPIC or he'd have just claimed that. In actuality him not claiming doc there is probably confirmation that I actually WAS doctored because it's a much safer and more reasonable claim.

Even if I think JPIC is literally mafia, we only have one yeet today and it's better for the gamestate that we flip one of the others because JPIC self resolves if he is somehow real and from my perspective he's not the only one near lock to be mafia, I think Sprityo is also near lock to be mafia.

I think we flip Sprityo. If he flips mafia it essentially clears Nanook. JPIC probably doesn't die even if he's real because the mafia need us to yeet him tomorrow so they will trade him getting another confirm (or out).

Note in the event of my death: If JPIC does not get a cop check tomorrow, gets yeeted and genuinely flips cop, turbo yeet Tim. 100% without questioning this. Tim essentially would be outed by virtue of encouraging the town to bring through a realcop to the next day knowing that said cop isn't going to get a shot off.
i do not agree w/this line of reasoning. we can say with near 100% certainty that JPIC is scum, so we should yeet him. it's that simple. it's a mistake to prioritize mechanics over scumhunting, and mechanics should not influence our votes when we have a near-confirmed scum in our midst

spirit is probably scum too fwiw, i just do not consider this a convincing argument to not lynch JPIC
I don't think anyone has suggested "don't chop JPIC." I have suggested and gotten some agreement for "don't chop JPIC today."

Ultimately we have yet to see any proof that there is extra kill power in the hands of the town. The town seems to be widely convinced that there are three "outed wolves." Without extra kill power it will take through day four just to kill them all. Wolf hunters in this town just way too smart and efficient apparently. That's all fine so long as it is right.

But here's the thing...right or wrong the wolves are not going to NK me for you. Whether town is right or wrong the wolves are not gonna NK Sprityo. But at least if you are wrong about JPIC the wolves might be inclined to help out and save you a mischop there. Don't "prioritize mechanics over scumhunting," but it seems wise to acknowledge that you can't kill the wolves as fast as you currently think you are finding them.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

I’m here to kill time

Make me do stuff
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Time’s up i’m not doing anything anymore

Bye
ImageImageImageImage

I’m literally incapable of not townreading that shit
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

oh I know
ImageImageImageImage
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

Okey dudes i cant be up today, i have isoed drwilgy, jpic and tim. Probably 18 hours i can go full in the game to be up and put my thougths, depends on how tired i am after working and trainning.

Tim and jpic are now my top lynchs, drwilgy go for 4th position. Dizz go the third more based un guts than reads.

Do someone need something of me?

I also have skkiped the case on spirityo, what should i know?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

[mention]Alison[/mention] do u remember yesterday u were talking with spf about ur read on someone and u said *pouts*. that was the most adorable thing ive ever seen u do. can u pls do it again? say "aaaaa why dont people elaborate their claims!!! >.< *pouts* "

tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:35 pmoh I know
I hate you so much tbh
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

what's the best way to iso someone if they haven't posted in a while or are dead?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:19 pm

I don't think anyone has suggested "don't chop JPIC." I have suggested and gotten some agreement for "don't chop JPIC today."

Ultimately we have yet to see any proof that there is extra kill power in the hands of the town. The town seems to be widely convinced that there are three "outed wolves." Without extra kill power it will take through day four just to kill them all. Wolf hunters in this town just way too smart and efficient apparently. That's all fine so long as it is right.

But here's the thing...right or wrong the wolves are not going to NK me for you. Whether town is right or wrong the wolves are not gonna NK Sprityo. But at least if you are wrong about JPIC the wolves might be inclined to help out and save you a mischop there. Don't "prioritize mechanics over scumhunting," but it seems wise to acknowledge that you can't kill the wolves as fast as you currently think you are finding them.
i understand this, but i do consider not chopping JPIC today to be favoring mechanics over scumhunting since the primary argument for not doing it is: "if he is real, the mafia will probably have to kill him".

that argument holds no water for me because i think he's scum, and i would much rather lynch someone i'm confident is scum and let us get more information during the night instead of chopping outside and letting the scum live when we have zero idea what kind of ability he may have. if we have a scum, we should chop it
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:33 pm what's the best way to iso someone if they haven't posted in a while or are dead?
dya there are iso links on the first page - its the list of players in blue.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:34 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:33 pm what's the best way to iso someone if they haven't posted in a while or are dead?
dya there are iso links on the first page - its the list of players in blue.
thank you!
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella really spent a lot of time shitposting
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:34 pm

i understand this, but i do consider not chopping JPIC today to be favoring mechanics over scumhunting since the primary argument for not doing it is: "if he is real, the mafia will probably have to kill him".

that argument holds no water for me because i think he's scum, and i would much rather lynch someone i'm confident is scum and let us get more information during the night instead of chopping outside and letting the scum live when we have zero idea what kind of ability he may have. if we have a scum, we should chop it
Sounds good. I think Sprit seems just as likely to be a wolf and just as likely if not more to have a dangerous ability so I'm much more inclined to chop there first and see if JPIC gets sorted before I get to him, but if you only have one wolf to work with you are making the best move for you.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

How did i get to 10 votes
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i think nutella spewed juliets villa for sure. she just doesn't really let up on it
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 pm nutella really spent a lot of time shitposting
Ask around. That wasn't shitposting, that was critical townspewing that cleared everyone but the wolves. Easy game.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:49 pm How did i get to 10 votes
By acting like a wolf.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

But im the cop
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Timsup2nothin is just town

He isnt letting go / he isnt dropping off

Hes very consistent in the things he is doing and its just towny (imo)
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

she does vote spf, but not really sure that spews spf? she doesn't stay there (goes back to jules instead)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

My mania settled down, now im feeling stuff a bit more down to earth

JPIC is very likely mafia

So is sprityo. His cases on obv towns (me and alison) is probably just anti-spewing

Nanook is town i cna explain more if someone asks, prefer to save my enerfy

Spf is mafia imo, u guys arent giving her enough credit for her scum game, i actually dont know her that well but my impression of her is that she is a better wolf than a town, i could be wrong. i might make a proper case in a bit to utilize the current mood im feeling cuz otherwise it will go away and ill be back to shitposting

Dyachei i think is town even tho its not an easy read to make

Missing 1 wolf and 1 3p assuming all my reads are right but doesnt matter right, wishful thinking to think i can 5/5 on d2 probbaly
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:52 pm But im the cop
It's 2020, the cops are always wolves and everyone knows it.

More seriously, very few people in the game seem to relate to the idea that mech clearing Mac had any merit at all, which makes your claim seem very far fetched. We're also in this gamestate of "Nutella claimed doc and we chopped her anyway and look how good that turned out." So I think you are probably just stuck as far as claiming not getting you off the blocks.
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 pm My mania settled down, now im feeling stuff a bit more down to earth

JPIC is very likely mafia

So is sprityo. His cases on obv towns (me and alison) is probably just anti-spewing

Nanook is town i cna explain more if someone asks, prefer to save my enerfy

Spf is mafia imo, u guys arent giving her enough credit for her scum game, i actually dont know her that well but my impression of her is that she is a better wolf than a town, i could be wrong. i might make a proper case in a bit to utilize the current mood im feeling cuz otherwise it will go away and ill be back to shitposting

Dyachei i think is town even tho its not an easy read to make

Missing 1 wolf and 1 3p assuming all my reads are right but doesnt matter right, wishful thinking to think i can 5/5 on d2 probbaly
"spf is a good wolf" is not an argument for me being a wolf, unless youre implying you think that i wouldnt be able to play like this as town
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:52 pm But im the cop
It's 2020, the cops are always wolves and everyone knows it.

More seriously, very few people in the game seem to relate to the idea that mech clearing Mac had any merit at all, which makes your claim seem very far fetched. We're also in this gamestate of "Nutella claimed doc and we chopped her anyway and look how good that turned out." So I think you are probably just stuck as far as claiming not getting you off the blocks.
British cops have kind souls!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:03 pm "spf is a good wolf" is not an argument for me being a wolf, unless youre implying you think that i wouldnt be able to play like this as town
thats not my entire argument, that was me saying what i think to the other townies because i think they assume wolf!spf cant be as towny as town!spf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:03 pm "spf is a good wolf" is not an argument for me being a wolf, unless youre implying you think that i wouldnt be able to play like this as town
thats not my entire argument, that was me saying what i think to the other townies because i think they assume wolf!spf cant be as towny as town!spf
from my pov, that does look like your entire argument. you originally thought that i was scum because you didn't like my push on JPIC - but JPIC is almost certainly mafia. so....it honestly looks like paranoia to me

and i dont mind you being paranoid, but "spf has a good wolf game so she shouldn't be townread" isn't a good framing of your read unless you're going to substantiate it with other reasons
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

yes i am currently isoing you if you'll give me a second to write it out!
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:14 pm yes i am currently isoing you if you'll give me a second to write it out!
nice
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am @TonyStarkPrime Where you at pal?
What you want
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Sounds good. I think Sprit seems just as likely to be a wolf and just as likely if not more to have a dangerous ability so I'm much more inclined to chop there first and see if JPIC gets sorted before I get to him, but if you only have one wolf to work with you are making the best move for you.
why does spirit seem just as likely to be a wolf as JPIC to you? i do think spirit is scummy and probably a wolf but i consider JPIC borderline confirmed
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dya's post on nutella shitposting is good
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Probably town
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

just grabbed some nutella stuff
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:01 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 am Yeah tim if you can’t find multiple mafia D1 are you even trying tbh
all alison was doing is try to be diplomatic and defend oddmerta, "find the wolf buddies" wasnt a proactive request

i mean its not that big a deal but i feel like u posted this as if alison was snarky
No I posted it as if I was snarky

Which I am
town
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:14 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 am Mac is scared of my true power. :eye: you should be too.
town
these are the only 2 she does this to. what are the chances both are town? pretty low if we consider the claims from overnight tonight. maybe w/v?
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:28 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:15 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:14 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 am Mac is scared of my true power. :eye: you should be too.
town
I don't get this one. Why's this town?
sprityo has a particular energy when he's town and he sometimes gets misread for it but I tend to read him decently. idk if i can explain very well bc it's a tone thing but he's like... has this air of defiant confidence but sort of hesitant/self conscious on the surface
this feels pretty partnery
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:59 pm Solid Town
tutuu
mac
tedxtr
sprityo
samusamu
poison

towny, some paranoia
Alison
DrWilgy
dyachei
Dizzy
Hally
Nanook
Tim
Oddmerta

Null
Colin
Long Con

Wafflin
Herm
Radish
spf

Slight scumlean
Jpic
FP-juliets

hm. I ended up putting more people in paranoia tier than I thought I would
I guess I'm not sure if nutella would put a partner in the lowest area after juliets
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:53 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am What makes you think they have opposite alignments?
this wasnt implied by my post this is ur own thought not mine

i think jpic town and spf scum that all
Okay sure but why is SPF scum
cuz im paranoid of spf's scum game and i dont see her being obv town and i dont find myself nodding along as im reading her posts as i did in her 2 champs games and from my perception shes making simple reads and simple posts and idk maybe im expecting the impossible and im unfair but i think she mafia and kills ppl at night
i'm vibing with tutuu in the exchange with spf about jpic. spf kinda feels like opportunistically pushing on jpic as an easy scumread and maybe he's just lhf town

think spf/jpic are prob w/v either way
but jpic was in her wolf pile. this feels really weird if they're partners? but i dont like what jpic is doing independently in the thread. Why would any cop target mac?
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:04 pm Town
Tutuu
Mac
tedxtr
sprityo
samusamu
poison

Lean Town
Alison
Wilgy
dya
hally
nanook
tim

Meh/slight positive
Colin
Dizzy
Radish

Meh/slight negative
Herm
Oddmerta
Jpic
LC

Scum
juliets
spf
even still keeps jpic neg.
idk i think her reads of jpic feel more like she's forgotten where she placed him than of a partner? juliets spewed villa. nanook maybe wolf from this
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

hey tsp
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

spf's iso 1st page interactions/mentions of nutella
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:36 pm early townreads are tutuu, alison, and oddmerta

early scumreads are nutella, tim, and spirit

about to do some work but ill be here ~in the moment~ this evening
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:39 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm Ahhhh spf might be wolfing

I’m actually sad I had to type this out
I liked her early on but I think we might have had similar reactions that catchup post just now
is it cause i sr you?
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:43 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:39 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm Ahhhh spf might be wolfing

I’m actually sad I had to type this out
I liked her early on but I think we might have had similar reactions that catchup post just now
is it cause i sr you?
no it's cause your smattering of takes doesn't feel much like the spf I saw in g6 and sf3
that's because my intent was to quickly catch up on the 13+ pages that i missed so that i can be more in the action

also, i don't find you sr'ing me to be scummy, but my problem w/your iso so far is that i've gotten the impression that your focus has been on discrediting townreads moreso than it has been finding town/scum. a lot of the reads you outed felt like you were giving yourself wiggle room to push on people who were being townread

but hey, maybe that's just your playstyle, since i've never actually played w/you until now
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:58 pm if one of spf/hally is a wolf i'd pick spf rn but hmmm
this reaction immediately makes me worried that you are taking advantage of my paranoia on hally to frame us as having to contain one scum

im getting the sense that your playstyle is just something im gonna be paranoid about tbh
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 pm nutella - this might just be a playstyle difference but i have not loved her reads or her tone yet. a lot of her posts feel hedgy. i don't always see how she goes from point a to point b in her reads. eh. gth scum
first 2 posts are fine

in the next 3 posts theres hedgyness:
"but hey, maybe that's just your playstyle, since i've never actually played w/you until now"
"im getting the sense that your playstyle is just something im gonna be paranoid about tbh"
"nutella - this might just be a playstyle difference but i have not loved her reads or her tone yet. a lot of her posts feel hedgy. i don't always see how she goes from point a to point b in her reads. eh. gth scum"

doesnt mean its scummy. towns are sometimes uncertain of their reads. but like i guess my point is that i dont think this can't be w/w

2nd page of iso and interactions with nutella:

i dont wanna quote them all but the first few are all fine/towny

here are the ones i dislike:
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:41 am
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:39 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:15 am
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:14 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:31 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn
:rolleyes: Let's not play this game.

I think juliets is just town. Catchup was good. Nothing amazingly standout but had a thread of town purity to it. I'm not going to gamble my life savings on this read, but she's done a good job redeeming the slot.

SPF is like, there are some reasons to read her town, but the energy hasn't come back yet and the un-asked for GTH is slightly scummy in a vacuum unless there's meta there. (Town just does whatever, scum feels more of a need to pigeonhole their reads so they can remember what those reads are and act in accordance to them. It simplifies matters for them when their goal is play-acting out the reads.) Let's say... still in the POE, but near the top of it.

Will catch up more as I go.
(hehe 1610)

yeah the gth thing is definitely a significant part of what set me off about spf. didn't feel natural to me
why dont u hop on her wagon
sure why not

[VOTE: spf] aubergine
pretty wacky of you to join my counterwagon immediately after i suggest that im okay with lynching you

also pretty wacky that you join a counterwagon that already has 2 votes when there's four votes on you

:ponder:
the bolded felt a bit nitpicky / dont rly understand why would spf say that as a reason to scumread nutella. felt to me like scum w/w filler. spf did adress this with
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:51 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:50 am
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 am like what is wacky about me voting for someone i've stated concerns with, and what is wacky about changing my vote from a lone non-wagon to someone that literally my two top townreads are voting for lol
i will agree that this line from spf "also pretty wacky that you join a counterwagon that already has 2 votes when there's four votes on you" was odd. idk why these numbers matter (2 and 4)
im pointing out that fmpov it looked like nutella was opportunistically joining an already existing wagon for the purpose of self-preservation
but like, thats fine for the first line "pretty wacky of you to join my counterwagon immediately after i suggest that im okay with lynching you "

but its not rly an explanation imo for the second line "also pretty wacky that you join a counterwagon that already has 2 votes when there's four votes on you"

maybe its also nitpicky of me to insist so much about this line when my argument is to the line itself was nitpicky (2 vote vs 4 votes on wagons) but i guess i didnt perceive spf as a nitpicky player / player who wastes her posts like i waste mine?
some more i dislike:
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:44 am
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:43 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:33 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn

I think juliets is just town. Catchup was good. Nothing amazingly standout but had a thread of town purity to it. I'm not going to gamble my life savings on this read, but she's done a good job redeeming the slot.

SPF is like, there are some reasons to read her town, but the energy hasn't come back yet and the un-asked for GTH is slightly scummy in a vacuum unless there's meta there. (Town just does whatever, scum feels more of a need to pigeonhole their reads so they can remember what those reads are and act in accordance to them. It simplifies matters for them when their goal is play-acting out the reads.) Let's say... still in the POE, but near the top of it.

(hehe 1610)

yeah the gth thing is definitely a significant part of what set me off about spf. didn't feel natural to me
why did you not mention or point that out until right now if this is the case?
I....thought I did? but maybe I'm mixing up your gth post with a different catchup post that I disliked first and never specified disliking the gth one as well
i am p sure that you did not but feel free to correct me if im wrong
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 am
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:41 am
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:39 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:15 am

(hehe 1610)

why dont u hop on her wagon
sure why not

[VOTE: spf] aubergine
pretty wacky of you to join my counterwagon immediately after i suggest that im okay with lynching you

also pretty wacky that you join a counterwagon that already has 2 votes when there's four votes on you

:ponder:
I hadn't even seen your post about me yet, totally unrelated

and sure it's nice, I'd like to not die d1
sure, i'm just skeptical of your intentions because of how vague/unclear your read has been on me and how it seemed to grow stronger when you needed someone to counterwagon
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:54 am @nutella -

do you have any specific grievances with those posts other than feeling that they are "manufactured"? i don't want to lock myself into a push against you if you are town but i cant really do all that much with vague reads like that
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:24 pm every time i try to genuinely read nutella she outs another bad read like "spf and juliets are mafia" and ive lost the sympathy i had for her
I....thought I did? but maybe I'm mixing up your gth post with a different catchup post that I disliked first and never specified disliking the gth one as well (this is from nutella not spf)

sure, i'm just skeptical of your intentions because of how vague/unclear your read has been on me and how it seemed to grow stronger when you needed someone to counterwagon (this isnt a vague line by itself, but yea their interaction has been vague

do you have any specific grievances with those posts other than feeling that they are "manufactured"? i don't want to lock myself into a push against you if you are town but i cant really do all that much with vague reads like that

every time i try to genuinely read nutella she outs another bad read like "spf and juliets are mafia" and ive lost the sympathy i had for her (for this last line i felt a bit over the top? "ive lost sympathy for her" - a bit too strong language to say for a scumread in a mafia game? so i thought w/w, dunno

just feel kinda hedgy. her treatment and nutella. its like (in my subjective opinion) neither of them is rly committing to a push on the other one, and they keep saying "idk u could be town buuuut"

tl;dr in the next post for ppl who dont wanna read the whole thing, sorry for formatting but its rly hard with such gigantic quote walls
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tldr from earlier post:

lines i think are hedgy / indicative of maybe w/w

"but hey, maybe that's just your playstyle, since i've never actually played w/you until now"

"im getting the sense that your playstyle is just something im gonna be paranoid about tbh"

"nutella - this might just be a playstyle difference but i have not loved her reads or her tone yet. a lot of her posts feel hedgy. i don't always see how she goes from point a to point b in her reads. eh. gth scum"

"also pretty wacky that you join a counterwagon that already has 2 votes when there's four votes on you"

"I....thought I did? but maybe I'm mixing up your gth post with a different catchup post that I disliked first and never specified disliking the gth one as well" (from nutella)

"do you have any specific grievances with those posts other than feeling that they are "manufactured"? i don't want to lock myself into a push against you if you are town but i cant really do all that much with vague reads like that"

"every time i try to genuinely read nutella she outs another bad read like "spf and juliets are mafia" and ive lost the sympathy i had for her" (felt a bit over the top for me)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella was in anti-spewing imo eod sort of. when she woke up and saw 10 votes. or like, she was too afraid to try to push for a counterwagon. she just kept her vote on 1-vote juliets wagon. she moved when i pestered her to.

like logically speaking her claim had faults (the host warned us about flavor claiming). i personally wouldnt clear anyone for shutting down nutella's claim, including myself and hally and spf and anyone. it was just ... common sense? dunno. would be funny if i said something different yesterday and i'd be contradicting myself rn, but i dont remember doing that?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:25 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 pm

why does spirit seem just as likely to be a wolf as JPIC to you? i do think spirit is scummy and probably a wolf but i consider JPIC borderline confirmed
Because Sprit seems like a good candidate to have post capped Mac of the three people Hally recorded attending the party at Mac's house.

I think if JPIC was "wolf post capper" he would have made a different claim than "alignment cop." I think if Nanook was "wolf post capper" he'd have stayed away from Mac altogether. So Sprityo.

Nothing Sprityo has said about his role, or why he would visit Mac, has done anything to change that. In fact, his "I don't wanna see ten pages..." post kinda supports the idea that he's thinking about post cappy type things.

And I do stand by the idea that in this game "you are a post capper" seems like a very underpowered role to hand some poor wolf. Post cap them one night, get an extra kill by visiting them again seems plausible. That seems worth the risk of visiting Mac. That's why I think he's the better first kill here.

Admittedly, JPIC could be "the post cap killer" and seized on "well I'm caught so best I can do is play to get through one night and make this kill." Claiming alignment cop might be seen as the best one night life pass. But that leaves the question of what Sprityo was doing there? Four people visited Mac. The one that seems most inclined to malice towards Mac is Sprityo. It just seems simplest to take the known malicious act and assign it to the most likely to be malicious person.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

why would nanook have stayed away from mac if he were wolf capper, tim?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[mention]tutuu[/mention] -

honestly, that's just how i talk. i could easily provide you with examples of me using the exact same language (ie: "this person could be town, im not sure" etc) in the champs games. people have a tendency to perceive me as hedgy because i am always willing to re-consider & second guess my reads when presented with new evidence, but actions speak louder than words. i wasn't confident about nutella being scum, but i did push on her, i did vote her, and i did stick to my guns at the end of the day. you can say that voting nutella at the end of d1 was "common sense", but it simply wasn't given the sheer volume of people who were switching because of her claim

i wouldn't consider the stuff you're calling "nitpicky" to be nitpicky. i pointed out that nutella was opportunistically voting for the sake of self-preservation, and i was right. i specifically called attention to her joining a wagon that already had 2 votes because i perceived it as nutella voting whoever she thought had the highest chance of being a counterwagon

anyway, it just seems like you're scumreading my personality and my style of scumhunting, tbqh! i could make a strong case for why my interactions with nutella clear me but i'm not going to unless it's necessary. i just get the feeling that you felt something was off about me on early day one and youre having trouble letting go of the read now

Return to “Previous Jobs”