Escape From Russia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How would you rate this G-Man game based on his matrix?

LOL
33%
OMG
No votes
WTF
17%
FFS
33%
JFC
17%
GTFO
No votes
YCBS
No votes
STFU
No votes

Total votes: 6
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 347

Re: Escape From Russia [Day 0]

Post by tutuu »

ROFL NANOOK
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

[quote=G-Man post_id=670697 time=1602065603 user_id=383]
(1) Fake claiming is allowed. I mean, technically a baddie saying “I’m town” in defense of accusations is a fake claim. I just don’t want my power roles to claim their real roles because that leads to the game breaking down too easily. I like making it hard on you players and watching you guys squirm. :feb:

This has a degenerate exploit FYI, recommend just making it blanket “no claims” if you don’t want people claiming their role
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Well I fucked that quote tag up, hopefully he gets the idea
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 671
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:02 am
Poison Chan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:59 am
Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:54 am The reason I'm hesitant to townread Ash is because I get the impression that he's fully capable of writing the posts he has written as either alignment. So far, there hasn't been anything telling me that he certainly doesn't have more information than he should.

My townread on Poison is mostly a result of her open excitement and the energy of her response to my slight pressure. It felt free of doubt, and free of worry. It looked like she hadn't even thought twice about what she was going to write, which is a good sign.
Ehh re: Poison part

It is only day 0, would any scum feel pressured or spill out something scummy from light pressures, vulgard? I don't think so? Besides which post was supposed to be the pressure :|
I put you on the spot when I asked you to make an impression on me, and the way you responded did not feel like a mafia response. Of course, the fact you don't even think it was a sign pressure is also towny, because I think you would be more aware of that as mafia (mafia are attuned to people's reads on them, which is only natural).

I also like the fact you didn't ignore the post and responded to it instantly. You could easily ignore it without repercussions, or you could have responded with a meme, but that isn't really what happened.

I agree, this isn't the most logical or cohesive read, but I feel fairly good about it.
Oh oh I see what you are saying. Well I have nothing to conclude from your read on me, whether it's towny or scummy I don't know, so eh alright I guess.

P. S. I am trying to post this for the 8th time now. Work syndicate work properly! ///
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 398
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I initially believed that tutuu's claim just now was towny, but then I realized it doesn't make sense for her to believe what she said. "Building imperfect cases on purpose and pointing it out for the sake of pocketing." That sounds like an incredibly forced reason to suggest that my push is not town-motivated.
ImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am I initially believed that tutuu's claim just now was towny, but then I realized it doesn't make sense for her to believe what she said. "Building imperfect cases on purpose and pointing it out for the sake of pocketing." That sounds like an incredibly forced reason to suggest that my push is not town-motivated.
U are tunneling and ur wrong and thats all im gonna say to u
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Im yet to read tutuu read from vulgard, I hate it when I have several sections with intervals to catch upto. Sigh. I'll finish one by one I guess, you can mention me if you want me to reply to something first..
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Also, I firmly believe that pushing people is the way to solve games. Maybe the culture is different here, I don't know that yet.
Might as well push as early as possible to make things happen, right?

I can be wrong. I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.
If you don't feel like arguing the subject with me, then don't. I'm not forcing you. I'll be evaluating you all the time. If you're town, I'll try to find you town despite my initial concerns.
ImageImageImage

Maybe she can do this as mafia, idk, but if she’s mafia here it’s such a spot on impersonation of her town game it’s absurd
Ash Lael
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by Ash Lael »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am I initially believed that tutuu's claim just now was towny, but then I realized it doesn't make sense for her to believe what she said. "Building imperfect cases on purpose and pointing it out for the sake of pocketing." That sounds like an incredibly forced reason to suggest that my push is not town-motivated.
I agree, but I also think it’s just simpler than that. It’s very very important to tutuu that the suspicion you’ve placed on her goes away. I think a townie looks at what you’ve written and says “well he’s wrong, but he’s reasonable, he’ll re-evaluate.” Tutuu comes at you all guns blazing.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i am scum because i didnt act in the way u guys would have acted had u been in my spot

Mhm, mhm, nods, nods
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

One thing about tutuu's response just now is that the thought I quoted doesn't make sense... which is why it might come from town. One would think that mafia tutuu would respond with something that actually makes sense, but instead, I received this tinfoil-like partial OMGUS.

That's one thing that could make her town.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Judging by what NANOOK just said, it's apparently normal for tutuu to overreact to early suspicion. I don't think I'm getting much more out of this for the time being.

Ash, any thoughts about NANOOK?
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 53

Post by G-Man »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:18 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 am (1) Fake claiming is allowed. I mean, technically a baddie saying “I’m town” in defense of accusations is a fake claim. I just don’t want my power roles to claim their real roles because that leads to the game breaking down too easily. I like making it hard on you players and watching you guys squirm. :feb:

This has a degenerate exploit FYI, recommend just making it blanket “no claims” if you don’t want people claiming their role
Tell me more about this ‘degenerate exploit.’ Sounds kinda kinky tbh.

No role-claiming has been a norm for me for about 10 years, so I guess I don’t see the harm in my setup.

Baddies have to be able to say they are town or else it makes for a short game.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:50 am Btw, curious how good you expect your reads to be this game?
:omg:

This is a scary question with embarrassing answers from a few people like me. Never ask me this. I won't reply.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:26 am One thing about tutuu's response just now is that the thought I quoted doesn't make sense... which is why it might come from town. One would think that mafia tutuu would respond with something that actually makes sense, but instead, I received this tinfoil-like partial OMGUS.

That's one thing that could make her town.
wow finally an actual good take! we makin progress bois!

G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:28 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:18 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 am (1) Fake claiming is allowed. I mean, technically a baddie saying “I’m town” in defense of accusations is a fake claim. I just don’t want my power roles to claim their real roles because that leads to the game breaking down too easily. I like making it hard on you players and watching you guys squirm. :feb:

Tell me more about this ‘degenerate exploit.’ Sounds kinda kinky tbh.

No role-claiming has been a norm for me for about 10 years, so I guess I don’t see the harm in my setup.

Baddies have to be able to say they are town or else it makes for a short game.
I’m not talking about “I’m town” or whatever and I think that’s fairly obvious, but being able to claim specific PRs/roles EXCEPT the one that you are creates what should be a fairly obvious exploit in mid to late game

If you don’t want people claiming their PR just say “you can’t claim a PR of any kind” and be done with it

How the hell do I keep fucking up quotes you’d think I’ve never used this forum ffs
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:31 am How the hell do I keep fucking up quotes you’d think I’ve never used this forum ffs
I think there's some technical problems? It is taking me quite a few times to get my reply posted

Anyways since apparently nobody clicks links here’s the quote
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 am Mafia was created by Dimitri Davidoff in 1986. Since then, there have been tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands Mafia games played throughout the world, in IRL, Forums, Video, Voice chat and more.

From all of these millions, billions, and even trillions Mafia games, there has not been a single town who has been more towny than tutuu has been this game. Take that scumread back and be ashamed of yourself, sis.
Tutu is a drama queen this is normal

Poison Chan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:32 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:31 am How the hell do I keep fucking up quotes you’d think I’ve never used this forum ffs
I think there's some technical problems? It is taking me quite a few times to get my reply posted
Naw it’s just me not paying enough attention to where I’m typing lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

G-man, we all unanimously voted to remove linki for this game

Yeah the previews are rough on mobile would be happy if those were taken away tbh
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Finally page 6! Felt like forever. Aight.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:05 am Also you’re British yeah? Or do I just have that in my head cause of your avatar
Your avatar makes me imagine you as a blonde mermaid. I really don't know why blonde specifically but yeah.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Poison Chan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:05 am Also you’re British yeah? Or do I just have that in my head cause of your avatar
Your avatar makes me imagine you as a blonde mermaid. I really don't know why blonde specifically but yeah.
Ok ok i finally saw poison tan is town
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Ash Lael wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 am
I'm Australian.

I probably won't do any meta-diving.

In terms of confidence level, there's the inside view and the outside view, right? From the outside view I understand I often have bad, overconfident reads. But from the inside, when I really lock onto a read I can get ultra convinced of it to the point I can't really comprehend being wrong. As my presence in this game attests (I was so sure Dya was scum...)

So yeah. Expect me to be slightly above rand in accuracy but to talk like I've seen everyone's role cards.
Sorry but I don't get it, what do you mean exactly by inside and the outside thing?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Tutuu
Vulgard
Nanook
Hally
Poison
Michelle
Ash

Others (the Others are evil) (or so i hear from this tv show im watchin)
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:27 am Judging by what NANOOK just said, it's apparently normal for tutuu to overreact to early suspicion. I don't think I'm getting much more out of this for the time being.

Ash, any thoughts about NANOOK?
Nanook has been ringing false to me from the start. Didn’t like his “unironic” townreads that he refused to provide reasons for. Didn’t feel like real reads or a real joke. I felt like his “why those games?” question to me was a busywork kind of question that scum ask to look towny rather than something he actually expected to help him solve, and I don’t buy his explanation that he thought he could maybe catch me out as not having really looked. Felt like a slapped on justification after the fact. Things like that.

None of this is terribly solid of course but that’s where I am right now.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ash buddy are u sure ur reads are gonna be slightly above rand in terms of accuracy
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

So, I suppose I'll have to put up with the fact that tutuu gives people sass for scumreading her / disagreeing with her but immediately compliments them if they townread her / agree with her.
Sigh.

Does anyone have a mafia game to link me so I can check if she does this routine as mafia as well?
ImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 am So, I suppose I'll have to put up with the fact that tutuu gives people sass for scumreading her / disagreeing with her but immediately compliments them if they townread her / agree with her.
Sigh.

Does anyone have a mafia game to link me so I can check if she does this routine as mafia as well?
Hihihihihihi

And no sorry the last time i randed scum was 2 or 3 years ago and like 40 games ago. Not even exaggerating. To the god of scum rands i say not today
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I don't want to tutuunnel one player all day. Looking forward to what Hally has to say when they arrive here again.
ImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

Poison Chan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 am
Ash Lael wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 am
I'm Australian.

I probably won't do any meta-diving.

In terms of confidence level, there's the inside view and the outside view, right? From the outside view I understand I often have bad, overconfident reads. But from the inside, when I really lock onto a read I can get ultra convinced of it to the point I can't really comprehend being wrong. As my presence in this game attests (I was so sure Dya was scum...)

So yeah. Expect me to be slightly above rand in accuracy but to talk like I've seen everyone's role cards.
Sorry but I don't get it, what do you mean exactly by inside and the outside thing?
Sorry, it’s an expression I’m used to but most people aren’t familiar with.

The outside view is looking at the world from outside yourself. You know that sometimes people get convinced of things that are wrong, so maybe this thing you are convinced of is wrong.

But at the same time you are CONVINCED. That’s the inside view.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:21 am I have a question. Is it normal for people on this site to claim mafia as town? I’m playing my first game here.

On principle, I scumread Hally, ted and tutuu already, because they all claimed mafia and I don’t like that.

Tutuu’s followup where she claims cop instead doesn’t make me feel better about her slot; instead, it makes me think she’s mafia, who thinks that these claims are Funny and Towny. They are not.

Hally’s post that they were being scummy on purpose reads like a mafia excuse. I do not buy it it. This is still a mafia read.

Light townread on Ash Lael for his take on NANOOK. I think it was a good take, and I like the way it was phrased. Concise, to the point, no unnecessary flair, no hedging or doubt.

Post #137 by Hally contains some useful information if Hally’s mafia. Namely, it spews Michelle town in that world. I don’t like either of the takes on Michelle even without my scumread on Hally; they feel quite forced, and the first one comes across as written in bad faith. “Oh, I was totally being scummy on purpose and they ignored it, so they are mafia for ignoring my scummy self.”

The fact it is prefaced by “at the risk of jumping the gun” is also the type of hedge I read as mafia indicative. It preemptively establishes that “the person writing the post can be wrong, and that you should consider that if you kill Michelle and she flips town.”

I also don’t like Hally’s later townread on Michelle, because it feels forced. I don’t mind the progression change nearly as much as I do mind the reasoning behind the read. “She made a read on me involving me posting a spoiler, which is towny, so I will read you town now.” It doesn’t sound genuine to me.

You could disregard my mafia reads if it is common to claim mafia here, but I think tutuu and Hally have both crossed into “mafia even outside of their mafia claims” territory.

Ash Lael is legitimately my only townread so far and even that one is light. In fact, while writing this post, I think I should shift him back to null, because my reason for townreading him is rather thin to begin with.

Arete still has not posted anything outside of their mafia range. Unsurprisingly, since they have barely posted substantial stuff.

Off-Topic: Looks like Hally is in the same club of mafia where Arete belongs as well. “People who were in Champs but still call themselves bad at mafia for some reason.” You guys are good, and I’m going to treat you with respect of your play within the game. Which means, no easy clears. Have fun, Hally, the one who did not want to feel pressured 😊
Honestly, I scum read people if they drop wallies among their very first fww posts, I would be having doubts with your alignment till the last moment, but upon reading this, you are an elaborate read giving player. Which I like very much.. It doesn't have to be AI but it is AI if we want it to be AI. What I mean is, generally scum would not dare to give this elaborate reads right off cause as you pointed out to me earlier,and I agree to it,although both are a bit different but all the same. But if we overthink, then you know what scum would do and what they would not and you purposely did that, in this way it NAI.

Tl;Dr it's confusing as shit, nvm that, i encourage you to give reads like this.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Side note, but are we really posting a lot? I'm accustomed to days with many thousands of posts and people's postcounts reaching one thousand lategame if the game lasts fairly long.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I meant "games with many thousands of posts," not "days."
ImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 am Ash buddy are u sure ur reads are gonna be slightly above rand in terms of accuracy
No, because you’re pushing all my “deathtunnel this” buttons and I don’t expect the game to be that easy.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:32 am Poison and Michelle's posts have left absolutely no impression on me after I read them for the first time. I might have to re-read them and see what I think.
Don't worry Michelle would start talking sooner or later, she is mostly active later in the phase.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ash Lael wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:52 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 am Ash buddy are u sure ur reads are gonna be slightly above rand in terms of accuracy
No, because you’re pushing all my “deathtunnel this” buttons and I don’t expect the game to be that easy.
Nods, nods

Well im glad u townread me now :blush:

Now townread nanook too pls
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:36 am I can't wait for V/V/V wagons or something like that. Always seems to happen when I play offsite.
Which site are you from? And is your name always vulgard or do you go by other names?
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Forum of Lies.
I have been going by Vulgard in 90% of the communities I've ever joined, including Forum of Lies.
ImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

me and nanook in mafia chat after successfully managing to sway the townies who were correctly scumreading us

Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Our site has a massive mafia winrate, so I'd like a town win.
ImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:57 am
Nods, nods

No I still scumread you. I don’t have the confidence that I’ve caught a wolf already to fully commit to it but I’m sure as hell not going to reverse my read on that basis.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Every time somebody openwolfs, I put them a tier lower on my internal readlist.
ImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ash Lael wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:57 am
Nods, nods

No I still scumread you. I don’t have the confidence that I’ve caught a wolf already to fully commit to it but I’m sure as hell not going to reverse my read on that basis.
oki doki
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am Every time somebody openwolfs, I put them a tier lower on my internal readlist.
oki doki
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:18 am Taking a personality test wasn't a waste for me at all. It helped me figure myself out, primarily because I'd felt that I'd been alone, thinking the way I did. I suppose I understand that tests like these are not that important to some people, though.

My investment mostly depends on my irl state of mind, but it's relatively equal between alignments. Most people say my towngame is miles ahead of my mafia game, and I tentatively agree, but I still prefer mafia. I just don't rand mafia very often.
Hmm yeah I took a HSP test and the results were shocking but I believe in them and deal with it so I agree with you.

Anyways, who is the character in your avatar?

Also, do you think you post more as mafia or as town?

Idk if it's your style of posting or your elaborate read + thinking process but I'm just getting curious about you with passing time........ Hmm....
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 466
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:21 am On principle, I scumread Hally, ted and tutuu already, because they all claimed mafia and I don’t like that.
I didn't claim anything.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”