Escape From Russia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How would you rate this G-Man game based on his matrix?

LOL
33%
OMG
No votes
WTF
17%
FFS
33%
JFC
17%
GTFO
No votes
YCBS
No votes
STFU
No votes

Total votes: 6
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 305
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Escape From Russia [Day 0]

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm I hope they don't touch mine.
Yeah yours is nice
Join the Graphics Team! :noble:
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1142
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i don’t really like the light green either because it seems too close to the default. yellow was more distinct imo
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Idk that sounds like something I’d have to actually do stuff for!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:36 pm i don’t really like the light green either because it seems too close to the default. yellow was more distinct imo
100% agree.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

they keep changing lmao

Oh I like this whoever is doing the color changes stick with this one plz
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

OH SNAP HE'S LAVENDER!
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:21 am I have a question. Is it normal for people on this site to claim mafia as town? I’m playing my first game here.

On principle, I scumread Hally, ted and tutuu already, because they all claimed mafia and I don’t like that.

Tutuu’s followup where she claims cop instead doesn’t make me feel better about her slot; instead, it makes me think she’s mafia, who thinks that these claims are Funny and Towny. They are not.

Hally’s post that they were being scummy on purpose reads like a mafia excuse. I do not buy it it. This is still a mafia read.

Light townread on Ash Lael for his take on NANOOK. I think it was a good take, and I like the way it was phrased. Concise, to the point, no unnecessary flair, no hedging or doubt.

Post #137 by Hally contains some useful information if Hally’s mafia. Namely, it spews Michelle town in that world. I don’t like either of the takes on Michelle even without my scumread on Hally; they feel quite forced, and the first one comes across as written in bad faith. “Oh, I was totally being scummy on purpose and they ignored it, so they are mafia for ignoring my scummy self.”

The fact it is prefaced by “at the risk of jumping the gun” is also the type of hedge I read as mafia indicative. It preemptively establishes that “the person writing the post can be wrong, and that you should consider that if you kill Michelle and she flips town.”

I also don’t like Hally’s later townread on Michelle, because it feels forced. I don’t mind the progression change nearly as much as I do mind the reasoning behind the read. “She made a read on me involving me posting a spoiler, which is towny, so I will read you town now.” It doesn’t sound genuine to me.

You could disregard my mafia reads if it is common to claim mafia here, but I think tutuu and Hally have both crossed into “mafia even outside of their mafia claims” territory.

Ash Lael is legitimately my only townread so far and even that one is light. In fact, while writing this post, I think I should shift him back to null, because my reason for townreading him is rather thin to begin with.

Arete still has not posted anything outside of their mafia range. Unsurprisingly, since they have barely posted substantial stuff.

Off-Topic: Looks like Hally is in the same club of mafia where Arete belongs as well. “People who were in Champs but still call themselves bad at mafia for some reason.” You guys are good, and I’m going to treat you with respect of your play within the game. Which means, no easy clears. Have fun, Hally, the one who did not want to feel pressured 😊
...Vul I have eight words I want to say in response to this post and the only thing keeping me from saying them is that I'm not sure if they'll still apply off-site
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

preeeettyyy
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Arete wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:36 pm
Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:21 am I have a question. Is it normal for people on this site to claim mafia as town? I’m playing my first game here.

On principle, I scumread Hally, ted and tutuu already, because they all claimed mafia and I don’t like that.

Tutuu’s followup where she claims cop instead doesn’t make me feel better about her slot; instead, it makes me think she’s mafia, who thinks that these claims are Funny and Towny. They are not.

Hally’s post that they were being scummy on purpose reads like a mafia excuse. I do not buy it it. This is still a mafia read.

Light townread on Ash Lael for his take on NANOOK. I think it was a good take, and I like the way it was phrased. Concise, to the point, no unnecessary flair, no hedging or doubt.

Post #137 by Hally contains some useful information if Hally’s mafia. Namely, it spews Michelle town in that world. I don’t like either of the takes on Michelle even without my scumread on Hally; they feel quite forced, and the first one comes across as written in bad faith. “Oh, I was totally being scummy on purpose and they ignored it, so they are mafia for ignoring my scummy self.”

The fact it is prefaced by “at the risk of jumping the gun” is also the type of hedge I read as mafia indicative. It preemptively establishes that “the person writing the post can be wrong, and that you should consider that if you kill Michelle and she flips town.”

I also don’t like Hally’s later townread on Michelle, because it feels forced. I don’t mind the progression change nearly as much as I do mind the reasoning behind the read. “She made a read on me involving me posting a spoiler, which is towny, so I will read you town now.” It doesn’t sound genuine to me.

You could disregard my mafia reads if it is common to claim mafia here, but I think tutuu and Hally have both crossed into “mafia even outside of their mafia claims” territory.

Ash Lael is legitimately my only townread so far and even that one is light. In fact, while writing this post, I think I should shift him back to null, because my reason for townreading him is rather thin to begin with.

Arete still has not posted anything outside of their mafia range. Unsurprisingly, since they have barely posted substantial stuff.

Off-Topic: Looks like Hally is in the same club of mafia where Arete belongs as well. “People who were in Champs but still call themselves bad at mafia for some reason.” You guys are good, and I’m going to treat you with respect of your play within the game. Which means, no easy clears. Have fun, Hally, the one who did not want to feel pressured 😊
...Vul I have eight words I want to say in response to this post and the only thing keeping me from saying them is that I'm not sure if they'll still apply off-site
omg its arete hi arete

please say the things! all the things
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

think i may kick 112 out of my towncore and bump her down to like a conflicted town lean or something idk its d0 i’ll figure it out
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

maybe no kick, that’s kind of violent

more like a gentle nudge down
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 347

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:35 pm
Yeah yours is nice
can i join the graphics team? what qualifications are needed? :noble:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

the lavender looks so soft and feminine omg

i am imagining nanook with a flower in his hair, over his ear, rn
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:07 am I think you can read vulgard by effort/level of caring

That’s what my one game sample size says anyways so I’m going with it
this isn't how you read Vulgard, he tries hard and cares a lot regardless of his alignment
the true way of reading Vul is 'were his posts written by a villager'
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:37 pm

omg its arete hi arete

the things
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:40 pm
Yeah yours is nice
Do you have graphic design skills? Are you prepared to take on a role where you hardly have to do anything, and no one really gets on your case when you don't?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Arete wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:07 am I think you can read vulgard by effort/level of caring

this isn't how you read Vulgard, he tries hard and cares a lot regardless of his alignment
were his posts written by a villager
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:37 pm

omg its arete hi arete

the things
ty

I have a one game sample size ok I’m doing my best dad
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Is there a villager out there that would like to write my posts?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i want to pressure nanook into explaining all of his reads to me so he gets annoyed by me and flames me and getting flamed by someone with that color on their name would feel like wiping ur butt with silky smooth cadife (line from matrix)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:43 pm

is this a scum claim :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:44 pm i want to pressure nanook into explaining all of his reads to me so he gets annoyed by me and flames me and getting flamed by someone with that color on their name would feel like wiping ur butt with silky smooth cadife (line from matrix)
never change
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:44 pm

Yup. Scum claim here. It's the latest cool thing, right?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Yeah yours is nice
Do you have graphic design skills? Are you prepared to take on a role where you hardly have to do anything, and no one really gets on your case when you don't?
i am studying software design and technology at uni!!!

i have had some UI/UX classes

i am ... not very good at it, im more of a programmer, but, can i apply? can i do something as an interview submission, see if u guys like it?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

did the default color of green change too whars happening

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:46 pm did the default color of green change too whars happening
Jay must be bored
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:45 pm

[mention]Vulgard[/mention] theres another one! get em!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:45 pm
Yeah yours is nice
i am studying software design and technology at uni!!!

i have had some UI/UX classes

i am ... not very good at it, im more of a programmer, but, can i apply? can i do something as an interview submission, see if u guys like it?
I don't really know, I don't actually have any authority or anything. Do you have Photoshop?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

look at the poll. everyones greens are lighter now except wilgy’s which is the same. wild
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im afraid i already failed the interview RIP

thats alright
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 pm

@Vulgard theres another one! get em!
Did he end up suspecting you scumclaimers? I read a few posts in from that big one, but I don't know how the next couple of chapters goes.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:48 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 pm

@Vulgard theres another one! get em!
Did he end up suspecting you scumclaimers? I read a few posts in from that big one, but I don't know how the next couple of chapters goes.
he was wrestling with it for a while but i don’t think he does anymore
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

well i use paint.net and gimp for my memery, but thats nowhere near as professional as photoshop
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

lc could be town for not caring or trying to be solvy. he cared more last game as scum about looking solvy early on
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:23 am That said, I don't think I should be a town leader and I generally avoid the role. I have miskilled too many townies while being in that role, and since I don't like the guilt of killing a fellow town member, doing it repeatedly and leading town into its demise isn't something I want to do as town.
Vul I have a question for you

did you intentionally alter your speech patterns for this game (or prior to this game, I guess, it's been a while since we've actually played together)
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 325

Post by 112 »

Arete wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:23 am That said, I don't think I should be a town leader and I generally avoid the role. I have miskilled too many townies while being in that role, and since I don't like the guilt of killing a fellow town member, doing it repeatedly and leading town into its demise isn't something I want to do as town.
Vul I have a question for you

did you intentionally alter your speech patterns for this game (or prior to this game, I guess, it's been a while since we've actually played together)
so it's not how he actually writes :disappoint:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i kinda got used to the old light green, still feeling shook, but i can dig this new darker green. feels smoother
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Vulgard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:32 am Tutuu keeps saying that she loves everyone so that they won't have it in their heart to scumread her and vote her. Change my mind.
ok this post might have been written by a villager
the thing that's scaring me is that this is the only Vulpost so far that meets that description
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]Arete[/mention] is vul actually that good as scum that you think what he’s posted so far is in his scum range?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:50 pm
lc could be town for not caring or trying to be solvy. he cared more last game as scum about looking solvy early on
no yeah I'm totally aware of that and I'm going to avoid the behaviour that got me suspected whether I'm town or not, believe me.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 466
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Arete, Vulgard said he’s out of his scum range

Are you calling cap or no?
ImageImageImageImage
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm @Arete is vul actually that good as scum that you think what he’s posted so far is in his scum range?
he is capable of 'writing posts that are supported by solid reasoning' as scum

if you're looking for tells beyond just 'tHiS pOsT wAs NoT wRiTtEn By A vIlLaGeR' his thoughts are notably better as town, in the sense of having substantially more depth?

everything or almost everything he's posted as far as I've read to is something he could post as scum but I'm still catching up
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:00 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:50 pm
no yeah I'm totally aware of that and I'm going to avoid the behaviour that got me suspected whether I'm town or not, believe me.
welp ok then
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Arete wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:02 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm @Arete is vul actually that good as scum that you think what he’s posted so far is in his scum range?
he is capable of 'writing posts that are supported by solid reasoning' as scum

if you're looking for tells beyond just 'tHiS pOsT wAs NoT wRiTtEn By A vIlLaGeR' his thoughts are notably better as town, in the sense of having substantially more depth?

everything or almost everything he's posted as far as I've read to is something he could post as scum but I'm still catching up
ok. please lmk what your conclusion is once you’re done
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 466
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Putting a posting restriction on myself

I can’t post until :

1) the low posters / the no posters post more

2) I have a read on all of them

glgl
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:04 pm Putting a posting restriction on myself

I can’t post until :

1) the low posters / the no posters post more

2) I have a read on all of them

glgl
How can I get a read on me from you?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 53

Post by G-Man »

+4 Putin Points for tutuu for being helpful. (It could have been +5, but you forgot one.)

Also, +1 Putin Point for Hally for being the first to post.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

yay i got a putin point