JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am chard and Scirrus came to reasonable conclusions with their votes for me. I townread them.

Epignosis is trying to solve JJJ. I'll give him a townread for that. I want this to happen.

JJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.

Nanook shaded Jay for talking about game mechanics. No other reads. Big meh.

Nothing noteworthy from other players in my eyes as of yet (except for Grogu's TownWatch LLC, which I'm in the midst of applying for).
I definitely did not shade anyone and I didn’t comment negatively on jay talking about mechanics and I’m honestly confused how you think that’s what happened
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am chard and Scirrus came to reasonable conclusions with their votes for me. I townread them.
What were their conclusions about you? Did they write those conclusions into posts?
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 amJJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.
Eh? What did I say I was uncomfortable about? Are you referring to my opener thing about post count? It’s not uncomfortable to make 20 posts :goofp:

Your takes on the votes on you confuse me. I don’t think any of the three of us explained much of anything; we just threw votes down because why not.

But chardonnay and Scirrus came to reasonable “conclusions” while I “leave something to be desired”. I’m going to need you to expand if you could.

I don’t really care that chardonnay was in my “nothings”. So what.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Re: Mafia (DAY 0)

Post by Poison »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 am
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:35 am What is new to you right now and what hasn't changed?
In regards to the rules and what not. Most are as I remember however I haven’t played a lot where info dropping/role claiming is allowed.
How do you plan to approach this game then?
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:30 pm You might think I would intend to try and be less serious when I do roll scum, but all I want to do now is be more stilted and less goofy in my town openings.
:doh: :doh: this gave me good vibes when I first read it, but when i read it a second time I am like "Hmmmmmm..... should I trust LC so easily?"
Grogu wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm This is going to be a fun experience. I signed up for lot of games haha. Wish me luck
THAT'S WHY. I FELT LIKE SEEING YOU EVERYWHERE.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Scirrus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Grogu wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:34 pm First! I never had this honor. ToWn
At first, one might see this as a town claim,

H O W E V E R

Lettuce take a look at which letter is capitalized beside the obvious T

It is:

W

as in

W O L F

Clever slip there buddy

Got one of them down, you can thank me all later
So

This much effort and deduction of posts might look like TOWN.

HOWEVER

It is:

WOLF which is in size 150.

Clever slip there buddy (X2)

Got Two of them down, you can thank me all later.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Scirrus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:11 pm @Poison what do you think of JJJ's read on LC?
I don't really think anything of it.
Scirrus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:20 pm ooh pick me! pick me!
this is giving me town vibes. the faintest but i can still feel the vibe.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:39 pm fingersplints just kinda opened the game in a way that I think looks authentic. She hasn’t played in a very long time, and the uneasy-yet-personally-insightful approach she took with me specifically fits what I’d expect (if she returned as a civilian).

Poison just felt loose and fun without feeling fake.

It’s weak, sure. Don’t think I care though. I think this is my 10th?
*he said poison felt fun*
*excited baby poison noises*
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 pm You sound like you're more concerned with what the host is doing and not what the anybody else is doing.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
I answered a gripe from Nanook about the topic. I already told folks my reads. You read my post. You know that. This is fake.

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

[3]
Your "reads" are fake. I felt as much when I read them.
I don't believe you. You've just moved the goalposts because the initial accusation was terrible.
I don't care if you believe me. You don't share my alignment.
I LOVE THIS. I READ IT 3 TIMES. LOVED IT. Not sure if I can put you two in any alignment list rn, but gut feeling, you both belong to the same alignment.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:32 am i havent played with you, but ive seen you around on the forums.

what is your new avie of anyways?
Ahhhh! POison has been noticed! Poison is happy to hear that.
My New Avi is of Five from The Umbrella Academy.
chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:37 am we should prob try to spend D1 using gut more then anything. More strong read by EoD the better i think
This should be town or the world is crazy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:18 am Jay's gut digs. I think a mafia Enrique would be more inclined to try to do things than just shrug like this. I don't blame him for this perspective or think it looks inauthentic.

Seems good
Long Con
Scirrus
Enrique

At least some positive intuition exists in my brain
fingersplints
Poison

Nothing
chardonnay
Epignosis
Grogu
Marmot
reywaS

[8]
why is Epi in the Nothing Tier ? you shared some convo does that make you feel nothing? or did the feelings nullify eachother?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:23 am Is there anyone here that you can usually get a read on pretty early?
I can't even read my own mind this early a game lol.
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:40 am
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm Gaming mechanics IS playing mafia and the attitude that mechanics are somehow separate from the “real” game is continually baffling to me
I am this kind of player as well.
I am also historically bad at Day 0/1 reads because most of the content just looks like NAI nonsense to me.
I am envious of people with stronger insticts.
The best I can give you is how much I understand a player’s actions, and at this moment, I do not feel confused by any particular thread behavior.

I remain watching. :ninja:

[1]
Who are you familiar with here? Nothing you like or dislike at all?
on a second thought, I'm liking you so far.
chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:47 am @Scirrus

Support my marmot push out of the kindness of your heart?

I kno you maybe SR me or something, (idk whats real and whats not), but we can totally support each other in a D1 push right?

-/--/-/-/-/
Also support my marmot wagon?
honestly, you keep giving me good vibes, stop it or my mind would force me to go round and round with opinions. that's pain.

chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 am Ayyyy, sirrus can be town w/ JJJ, and LC

I actully dont know about JJJ's takeaway from finger splints. Finger's carefully worded posts feel like it could come nervous scum. If JJJ has good meta there then i'd like a play by play in future posts.

-/-/-/-/

Im interested in who else will help me support a marmot wagon. Any more takers?
I kind of agree with the @bold
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am JJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 am Eh? What did I say I was uncomfortable about? Are you referring to my opener thing about post count? It’s not uncomfortable to make 20 posts

Your takes on the votes on you confuse me. I don’t think any of the three of us explained much of anything; we just threw votes down because why not.

But chardonnay and Scirrus came to reasonable “conclusions” while I “leave something to be desired”. I’m going to need you to expand if you could.

I'm still not sure if I understood anything on the above topic.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I HATE POST LIMITS.
So far I like Chard and Scirrusu ig
[8]
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Poison, the “nothing” tier is meant to depict “I feel nothing about their posts that suggests to me they are civilians”. Surely some of them are civilians; I haven’t seen it yet.

Epi hurled his poo at me and that’s fine. I’ll see what he does with it and determine how I feel.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm Gaming mechanics IS playing mafia and the attitude that mechanics are somehow separate from the “real” game is continually baffling to me
It's real Mafia I agree. I could change the wording to "Hunt for mafia on a behavioral basis." if you prefer. G-Man loves twists and turns, so I just want to stress that mechanical information should be given some weight but not all the weight (and perhaps not most). I've seen too many games turn into pretzels because the allure of mechanics drove them out of behavioral hunting to the civilians' destruction, and this is a host where I would be particularly concerned.

We'll see how it goes. It's a preliminary caution; perhaps information will come to light later that shows my concern is overstated. Who knows.
I agree to all JJJ’s assessments of G-man’s games. Especially the twists and turns (I fondly remember “the button” reset of H2G2 back in the day of piano mafia G!)
Personally, I don’t think anyone should be told how is best to play. If focusing on mechanics is what works for you, go for it. G man has lots of interesting and fun game stuff. Personally, I tend to ignore most of it especially in the beginning and “hunt on a behavioural basis” as that’s what works for me and is why the idea of a “light” game appealed to me.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:58 am How do you plan to approach this game then?
Same as I’ve always done, and if/when the need for info/role in thread comes then deal with it then. I don’t have any tactics for how to best put that info in the thread, but I want to help the best I can. So I guess as I said, we will see when it comes up.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I see some posts about my “carefully worded posts”. I don’t think they are very carefully worded, but I also haven’t played in I think 5 years, so maybe they naturally are. I’m not mafia so I don’t have anything to hide

So some other thoughts. Epignosis vs JJJ seemed a bit forced almost to me. But I have mostly good vibes from JJJ, and I almost always get bad vibes every time I’ve played with Epi, so I think they might have just been trying to stir up conversation with how quickly it was abandoned.
I feel uncomfortable with early bandwagons, so while I’m fairly neutral on Marmot at this point, I’m not sure I’d want to vote there as the points on him seem quite flimsy.

I see that there is a “no eviction” option on the poll. I need to read further to figure out what that is about.
I’m going to place a vote for reywaS right now, because I like to be able to see the poll without clicking view poll and as hopefully incentive to show up and post. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Grogu »

Epignosis is trying to solve JJJ. I'll give him a townread for that. I want this to happen.

JJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.

Nothing noteworthy from other players in my eyes as of yet (except for Grogu's TownWatch LLC, which I'm in the midst of applying for).
Alright. Welcome to the club!
@JaggedJimmyJay stop playing around, marmot is off limit.
We would be honored if you would join us!
Image[/img]
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Alright. Welcome to the club!
@JaggedJimmyJay stop playing around, marmot is off limit.
We would be honored if you would join us!
Repost
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

Civilians need to be careful with their... OUR wording too! :nicenod:

Gonna be real though, I hate to see Marmot go on Day 1 so often, and if his weird understanding of the early votes for him is the thing that cements the wagon around him, I would like to avoid that lynch. I don’t see it as a scum maneuver, just a casual confusion.

To elaborate based on my own gameplay: my first post yesterday was going to talk about how at my first superficial read I didn’t get what chardonnay was doing/saying. So I re-read his posts and I thought, yeah, this makes sense, it’s actually fine, and decided to drop it from my own post. Maybe I wouldn’t word it as his vote deriving from “reasonable conclusions” but I think this is what Marmot means... the thread char spins isn’t hard to follow. Marmot does not share that view about Jay.

[3]
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I am also historically bad at Day 0/1 reads because most of the content just looks like NAI nonsense to me.
The best I can give you is how much I understand a player’s actions, and at this moment, I do not feel confused by any particular thread behavior.

[1]
I'm "familiar" with almost everybody from years ago, but I only play rarely and I don't keep a very conscious direct score of people's metas / how they've behaved in other games (unless there's a glaring and pertinent difference or similarity). I prefer to just follow people's thoughts inside a game, and yeah, it's always hard to get content I care about in the early game.

Don't want this to feel like an OMGUS and I know you're not going after me and this is nothing serious yet either, but if we're going on "feel" alone then I gotta tell you your posts are my least favorite so far. By which I mean, I see you and appreciate you asking some questions, but they're usually pretty boring and I can't see you being seriously interested in the answer.
chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:40 am
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:16 am
chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:47 am @Scirrus

Support my marmot push out of the kindness of your heart?

I kno you maybe SR me or something, (idk whats real and whats not), but we can totally support each other in a D1 push right?

-/--/-/-/-/

@Enrique

i dont want to make up tags, but where do you fall on that chart you ref''d?

Also support my marmot wagon?
I will answer you with a graphic tomorrow.

Have a good night!

[2]
i am holding you too this my homie! I wanna see your graphs. Wanna inspect them. :P

[6] i think, gonna rest now

I recognize these behaviors in myself at different times.
I thought it'd be fun if more people did this but I guess I'm being a real Self Meta-er huh...

[4]
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would like to hear Marmot explain his meaning for himself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@chardonnay, you said you don’t find Epignosis suspicious. Do you find him trustworthy?

@Grogu, what do you like about Marmot?

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, are you alive?

@Poison and @Scirrus

Could you talk a bit more about your views on Chardonnay? I ask because despite their relatively thick posts, I haven’t felt much of anything from them. Each of you seems to feel something good.

[16]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:36 pm @chardonnay, you said you don’t find Epignosis suspicious. Do you find him trustworthy?

@Grogu, what do you like about Marmot?

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, are you alive?

@Poison and @Scirrus

Could you talk a bit more about your views on Chardonnay? I ask because despite their relatively thick posts, I haven’t felt much of anything from them. Each of you seems to feel something good.

[16]
Alive and well and living in
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME who was this post directed at? It looked like shading to me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 am
What were their conclusions about you? Did they write those conclusions into posts?
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 amJJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.
Eh? What did I say I was uncomfortable about? Are you referring to my opener thing about post count? It’s not uncomfortable to make 20 posts :goofp:

Why was chard in your nothings is my question, and why did you follow his vote?

You started the game off with the statement that 10 posts feels like too much. Maybe it was a joke, maybe it wasn't, you tell me. Then here you are taking on a leader-like role in the game. My problem is that I don't trust your intentions. I know I'm town (and I'm vanilla, so Idc if I'm chopped today either), but I don't read your posts and see an intention to figure out if I'm town or not.

I don't have a strong reason to townread Grogu, but I will shield them for shielding me. :noble:

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm Civilians need to be careful with their... OUR wording too! :nicenod:

Gonna be real though, I hate to see Marmot go on Day 1 so often, and if his weird understanding of the early votes for him is the thing that cements the wagon around him, I would like to avoid that lynch. I don’t see it as a scum maneuver, just a casual confusion.

To elaborate based on my own gameplay: my first post yesterday was going to talk about how at my first superficial read I didn’t get what chardonnay was doing/saying. So I re-read his posts and I thought, yeah, this makes sense, it’s actually fine, and decided to drop it from my own post. Maybe I wouldn’t word it as his vote deriving from “reasonable conclusions” but I think this is what Marmot means... the thread char spins isn’t hard to follow. Marmot does not share that view about Jay.

[3]

You and I haven't played together in a while, but I am not a common early misyeet like I used to be. :p Actually, I've played like a dozen games in my return to mafia last year, and I don't think I've been yeeted before Day 4 even once.

That said, I'd prefer if you opted to read me for my content instead of shielding me for being a common misyeet. There's no read involved there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

The content is right there, making up 90% of the post where only one line references your misyeeting. Is my impression of you wrong?

[5]
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Marmot the way that I chose to read you was to help stick a wagon on your head. :biggrin:

I’m okay with your view of me. Can you please explain more though about why you liked the votes you received from Scirrus and Chardonnay, and how they differed from my own in your eyes?

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

Not being super engaged is fine, but this is almost aggressively nothing so far.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 pm The content is right there, making up 90% of the post where only one line references your misyeeting. Is my impression of you wrong?

[5]
I was confused yes, but the votes came before that, not after. So you're not technically right, but I suppose that scenario could play out, and you'd be right.

I think I misread the intention in your post, and thought the reason you were avoiding voting for me was because of your statement that I'm a common mischop.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A little WIFOM to indulge: Marmot claimed vanilla about 8 hours before EOD under only superficial pressure.

I believe him. If he’s mafia he’s already robbed himself of the ability to fake claim later, and for what benefit? For me to make this read as a result? That’s the kind of WIFOM I tend to find weak. I don’t think Marmot should be today’s chop.

Separate notes:

Epignosis shitting in my corn flakes indicates little about his alignment. We’ve gotten into Day 1 fights many times before in just about every alignment permutation: c/c, c/m, m/c (don’t believe we’ve ever been m/m). So at face value: whatever. From a more nuanced view: his suspicion of me is based on junk. If he holds onto it all day then murder him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:41 pm A little WIFOM to indulge: Marmot claimed vanilla about 8 hours before EOD under only superficial pressure.

I believe him. If he’s mafia he’s already robbed himself of the ability to fake claim later, and for what benefit? For me to make this read as a result? That’s the kind of WIFOM I tend to find weak. I don’t think Marmot should be today’s chop.

Separate notes:

Epignosis shitting in my corn flakes indicates little about his alignment. We’ve gotten into Day 1 fights many times before in just about every alignment permutation: c/c, c/m, m/c (don’t believe we’ve ever been m/m). So at face value: whatever. From a more nuanced view: his suspicion of me is based on junk. If he holds onto it all day then murder him.

Between these two, I'd rather murder Nanook. They've said similar things in their discussion on the topic of "solving players vs solving mech stuff", but Nanook has done so in far fewer, less stance-taking words.

That said, looking at Epignosis's ISO, I'm a lot less excited about it now. He's made 6 posts, 5 of them are interactions with JJJ, and the other was fluff.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Actually, I'm putting my vote there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:17 pm
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME who was this post directed at? It looked like shading to me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 am

Why was chard in your nothings is my question, and why did you follow his vote?

You started the game off with the statement that 10 posts feels like too much. Maybe it was a joke, maybe it wasn't, you tell me. Then here you are taking on a leader-like role in the game. My problem is that I don't trust your intentions. I know I'm town (and I'm vanilla, so Idc if I'm chopped today either), but I don't read your posts and see an intention to figure out if I'm town or not.

I don't have a strong reason to townread Grogu, but I will shield them for shielding me. :noble:

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm Civilians need to be careful with their... OUR wording too! :nicenod:

[3]

You and I haven't played together in a while, but I am not a common early misyeet like I used to be. :p Actually, I've played like a dozen games in my return to mafia last year, and I don't think I've been yeeted before Day 4 even once.

That said, I'd prefer if you opted to read me for my content instead of shielding me for being a common misyeet. There's no read involved there.
Jay. It can’t be shading if it’s directly addressed to him
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Referencing JJJ's attitude as "The attitude" rather than "Your attitude" is not a direct address to another player, but a comment on the idea. Yes it looked like a response to JJJ's post, but to me, it looked like an umbrella statement of that idea that did not specifically mention JJJ, and thus, an attempt at shade JJJ as a byproduct.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Would I chop?

chardonnay:
~ I'll follow the lead of others on this one. Nah.

Enrique:
~ I could be moved with extra pushing. First instinct nah

Epignosis:
~ Sure.

fingersplints:
~ I could be moved with extra pushing. First instinct nah

Grogu:
~ If I feel like nothing more compelling is on offer.

Long Con:
~ Nah

Marmot:
~ Nah

Nanook:
~ Sure

Poison:
~ Nah

reywas:
~ I have no reason not to. Not my first choice. Whatever.

Scirrus:
~ Nah

[19]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok I’ll do it too now, since I will have less time for list making later

Would I chop?

chardonnay:
***see below

Enrique:
No

Epignosis:
Possibly. Neutral leaning bad, but wary as previously stated tend to read him bad in past play.

Grogu:
***see below

JJJ:
No

Long Con:
Probably not. I’m not seeing anything to say definitely good here, but not ready to vote for yet either.

Marmot:
Probably not. As mentioned, that many early votes make me nervous.

Nanook:
***see below

Poison:
***see below

ReywaS:
I dislike inactivity, but not indicative of role

Scirrus:
***see below

Ok, I’m having a hard time separating the players I haven’t played with in the past as I’m not familiar with how any of them play. There’s been some ok posts and there has been some fluff.

Admittedly not the greatest reads, but it’s where I’m at.
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

Now who was the dummy that gave you folks a 25-hour day? Oh, right, that was me. :blush:

The eviction poll deadline has been corrected. Day 1 ends in a little under four hours.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@chardonnay
@Enrique
@Epignosis
@fingersplints
@Grogu
@Long Con
@Marmot
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@Poison
@reywaS
@Scirrus

Let's use our words. I realize some of you posted recently, but I tagged everyone anyway.

We have under four hours, the current poll is not much of a consensus, and pretty much everyone has numerous posts to spare with a cap of only 30. Civilians aren't winning anything like that. Let's use the limited resources we have been granted to at least make the mafia team feel some kind of meaningful pressure.

I'll vote my gut reads and shrug if I have to, but I am not an intuition-first player. I have ten posts left to discuss things, so please help me use them. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

I'll be around for a couple hours before EoD to catch up. Just gotta some wrap up some work stuff first.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Still putting my kid to bed, but I’ll be around.

Marmot still has two votes. So if his vanilla civvie role is to be believed, then someone else needs a couple votes still.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis, do you still believe JJJ reads to be “fake”? He seems to be very helpful right now, but you seem very convinced otherwise and then disappeared.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Willing to chop. His only activity in the game to this point was to give me shit, and I doubt he believes in his own accusations. They were bad. That's worth considering as a civilian maneuver to generate dialogue, but he hasn't done anything else so there is no dialogue.

His dealings with me reach into the realm of self-parody.

[21]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I’m going to vote Epignosis as well as I don’t really want to throw away my vote on reywas who may get replaced if they continue not to show up. I’ll still hear him out if he wants to explain his behaviour so far in the thread, but between him and Marmot I feel worse about him right now
Gro-oo-ovy
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Epi is a fine wagon. I rather protect marmot
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Reading the JJJ-Epi dialogue the first time I didn't think much of it. I saw it as, precisely as JJJ says, just an exercise to draw out discussion. It's true that Epi hasn't been back or contributed more but I don't like that Jay has only been treating it more seriously. I would have been more concerned if Epi came back and doubled down first.

So out of the three people that currently have votes - Epi, Marmot, JJJ, I would vote for JimmyJay. reywaS wasn't a bad option either.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Reading the JJJ-Epi dialogue the first time I didn't think much of it. I saw it as, precisely as JJJ says, just an exercise to draw out discussion. It's true that Epi hasn't been back or contributed more but I don't like that Jay has only been treating it more seriously. I would have been more concerned if Epi came back and doubled down first.
I actively participated with him in let's fight and see what people do. Then some people did some things. He fucked off and left his vote on me, where it remains.

I'm not giving Epignosis credit for that. At this moment, I have zero reason to call him a civilian and at least one reason to suspect him. That's more than I can say about most people in this moribund thread. There are three hours left for him to do whatever it is he will do, and I will be attentive if/when that happens.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Reading the JJJ-Epi dialogue the first time I didn't think much of it. I saw it as, precisely as JJJ says, just an exercise to draw out discussion. It's true that Epi hasn't been back or contributed more but I don't like that Jay has only been treating it more seriously. I would have been more concerned if Epi came back and doubled down first.

So out of the three people that currently have votes - Epi, Marmot, JJJ, I would vote for JimmyJay. reywaS wasn't a bad option either.
Why do you think reywaS wasn’t a bad option? Do the inactive players not get replaced nowadays? I guess if the options are modkill or lynch, I suppose with lynch we would at least get to learn the role.
Gro-oo-ovy

Ok jay let’s gab
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 pm Ok jay let’s gab
I have 7 posts left after this one, so I'm gonna have to be frugal about them and/or cram walls into all of them. A few takes I'd appreciate if you have opinions:

Epignosis
chardonnay
Enrique
fingersplints

Also, @fingersplints, looks like G-Man will be revealing all roles in this game upon deaths (per rule 10), so we won't have the old-school unrevealed night kills/modkills.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok cool thanks. :hug:
Gro-oo-ovy

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:17 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 pm Ok jay let’s gab
I have 7 posts left after this one, so I'm gonna have to be frugal about them and/or cram walls into all of them. A few takes I'd appreciate if you have opinions:

Epignosis
chardonnay
Enrique
fingersplints

Also, @fingersplints, looks like G-Man will be revealing all roles in this game upon deaths (per rule 10), so we won't have the old-school unrevealed night kills/modkills.
No confident read on Epi
Char town
Idk how to read Enrique but he seems cool
I have a fairly long history of sprained and jammed fingers so I’ve had them plenty, they’re kind of a nuisance but you can still do most things fine
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 pm

Why do you think reywaS wasn’t a bad option? Do the inactive players not get replaced nowadays? I guess if the options are modkill or lynch, I suppose with lynch we would at least get to learn the role.
They get replaced yeah, but in a difficult lynch without a lot of options it can still be helpful for revealing information / furthering the game without culling the conversation (and saving the host the trouble of getting a replacement). I don't play often enough to tell you how common this is lately but it's been done and I think it's fine.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

What reasonable conclusions are these? I just sheeped Chard bc I had no read on you and was bored.

Why is JJJ's vote on you scummier than mine?

Would you have suspected Nanook to have be more involved in the game by now?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:18 pm

[1]
I'm "familiar" with almost everybody from years ago, but I only play rarely and I don't keep a very conscious direct score of people's metas / how they've behaved in other games (unless there's a glaring and pertinent difference or similarity). I prefer to just follow people's thoughts inside a game, and yeah, it's always hard to get content I care about in the early game.

Don't want this to feel like an OMGUS and I know you're not going after me and this is nothing serious yet either, but if we're going on "feel" alone then I gotta tell you your posts are my least favorite so far. By which I mean, I see you and appreciate you asking some questions, but they're usually pretty boring and I can't see you being seriously interested in the answer

It's hard to put my finger on why but I like that Enrique's one sort of "read" is an uneasy feeling about the person asking him the question. IME mafia tend to give people answers they wanna here, and he's the only one so far who's said any sort of negative point on me. So it's not really opportunistic and feels like a genuine thought. And my questions have been somewhat generic lol, so him calling them boring made me laugh. They're mostly to help me get an idea of the group bc I don't have much experience playing here.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:18 pm

[1]

Don't want this to feel like an OMGUS and I know you're not going after me and this is nothing serious yet either, but if we're going on "feel" alone then I gotta tell you your posts are my least favorite so far. By which I mean, I see you and appreciate you asking some questions, but they're usually pretty boring and I can't see you being seriously interested in the answer
It's hard to put my finger on why but I like that Enrique's one sort of "read" is an uneasy feeling about the person asking him the question. IME mafia tend to give people answers they wanna here, and he's the only one so far who's said any sort of negative point on me. So it's not really opportunistic and feels like a genuine thought. And my questions have been somewhat generic lol, so him calling them boring made me laugh. They're mostly to help me get an idea of the group bc I don't have much experience playing here.

Return to “Previous Rackets”