JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by Scirrus »

Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:15 am
chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:37 am we should prob try to spend D1 using gut more then anything. More strong read by EoD the better i think
This should be town or the world is crazy.
[/quote[

Why? It's a pretty easy statement to make imo
Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:15 am why is Epi in the Nothing Tier ? you shared some convo does that make you feel nothing? or did the feelings nullify eachother?
like this question from poison
fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am I see some posts about my “carefully worded posts”. I don’t think they are very carefully worded, but I also haven’t played in I think 5 years, so maybe they naturally are. I’m not mafia so I don’t have anything to hide

So some other thoughts. Epignosis vs JJJ seemed a bit forced almost to me. But I have mostly good vibes from JJJ, and I almost always get bad vibes every time I’ve played with Epi, so I think they might have just been trying to stir up conversation with how quickly it was abandoned.
I feel uncomfortable with early bandwagons, so while I’m fairly neutral on Marmot at this point, I’m not sure I’d want to vote there as the points on him seem quite flimsy.

I see that there is a “no eviction” option on the poll. I need to read further to figure out what that is about.
I’m going to place a vote for reywaS right now, because I like to be able to see the poll without clicking view poll and as hopefully incentive to show up and post. :)
You think voting him would make him more likely to post?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

multiquoting is seriously the bane of my existence
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:36 pm @chardonnay, you said you don’t find Epignosis suspicious. Do you find him trustworthy?

@Grogu, what do you like about Marmot?

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, are you alive?

@Poison and @Scirrus

Could you talk a bit more about your views on Chardonnay? I ask because despite their relatively thick posts, I haven’t felt much of anything from them. Each of you seems to feel something good.

[16]
Honestly dunno about Chard. I mostly just thought he was being all loose and carefree, which i tend to associate more with town. The fact that he hasn't posted since then doesn't make me feel as good. I'm not really sure which of reads are "SRS" or not so there's that.

His read or shade on fingersplints seems the most "real" or serious out of all his reads, if i think about it. And i don't really agree with that one, so /shrug
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Why do I have four votes, you picket-fence-loving, your-grass-is-a-quarter-of-an-inch-too-high, I'm-watching-you-from-my-golf-cart meddlers?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Does anyone have a reason that Epignosis should not be chopped today?

@Scirrus where are you at on Marmot at this point?

@Long Con what's up bruddaman

*exasperated shrug*

I'm glad we have open nights.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Think Enrique is town, liked his response to my question

Poison's posting looks fine to me, same with fingersplints

JJJ's posting also looks town and his reasoning for his actions holds up imo

Marmot's focus on Nanook and JJJ's disagreement on "the role of mechanics in mafia" seems like like busy work to me.

Nanook is nanook? idk @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME say something that will make you me TR you if you're town pls

The fact that Epi hasn't really bothered pushing anyone besides JJJ kinda concerns me

I don't know what to think of Grogu
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:49 pm Think Enrique is town, liked his response to my question

Poison's posting looks fine to me, same with fingersplints

JJJ's posting also looks town and his reasoning for his actions holds up imo

Marmot's focus on Nanook and JJJ's disagreement on "the role of mechanics in mafia" seems like like busy work to me.

Nanook is nanook? idk @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME say something that will make you me TR you if you're town pls

The fact that Epi hasn't really bothered pushing anyone besides JJJ kinda concerns me

I don't know what to think of Grogu
Hi my name is nanook and I’m bad town ama
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:48 pm Why do I have four votes, you picket-fence-loving, your-grass-is-a-quarter-of-an-inch-too-high, I'm-watching-you-from-my-golf-cart meddlers?
Because to this point you've given me self-parody JJJ suspicion and nothing more. What do you think of, well, anything?

[25] -- I'm low here. I'm going to hope the thread develops in some way in the immediate future pre-deadline. I want to have a few posts left when we're in the final stretch.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:18 am
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm Gaming mechanics IS playing mafia and the attitude that mechanics are somehow separate from the “real” game is continually baffling to me
I am this kind of player as well.
I am also historically bad at Day 0/1 reads because most of the content just looks like NAI nonsense to me.
I am envious of people with stronger insticts.
The best I can give you is how much I understand a player’s actions, and at this moment, I do not feel confused by any particular thread behavior.

I remain watching. :ninja:

[1]
Jay's gut digs. I think a mafia Enrique would be more inclined to try to do things than just shrug like this. I don't blame him for this perspective or think it looks inauthentic.

Seems good
Long Con
Scirrus
Enrique

At least some positive intuition exists in my brain
fingersplints
Poison

Nothing
chardonnay
Epignosis
Grogu
Marmot
reywaS

[8]
If "nothing" is your reason for voting me, why me over anybody else in that pile?

You know damn well I am not available until later in the evening. I'm not even available now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:48 pm Why do I have four votes, you picket-fence-loving, your-grass-is-a-quarter-of-an-inch-too-high, I'm-watching-you-from-my-golf-cart meddlers?
Because to this point you've given me self-parody JJJ suspicion and nothing more. What do you think of, well, anything?

[25] -- I'm low here. I'm going to hope the thread develops in some way in the immediate future pre-deadline. I want to have a few posts left when we're in the final stretch.
Haven't read shit since page two.

Use one of your remaining posts to answer my question please.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:38 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:24 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:18 am
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm Gaming mechanics IS playing mafia and the attitude that mechanics are somehow separate from the “real” game is continually baffling to me
I am this kind of player as well.
I am also historically bad at Day 0/1 reads because most of the content just looks like NAI nonsense to me.
I am envious of people with stronger insticts.
The best I can give you is how much I understand a player’s actions, and at this moment, I do not feel confused by any particular thread behavior.

I remain watching. :ninja:

[1]
Jay's gut digs. I think a mafia Enrique would be more inclined to try to do things than just shrug like this. I don't blame him for this perspective or think it looks inauthentic.

Seems good
Long Con
Scirrus
Enrique

At least some positive intuition exists in my brain
fingersplints
Poison

Nothing
chardonnay
Epignosis
Grogu
Marmot
reywaS

[8]
I'm still nothing, eh Trebek?
Should you be something?
Yes. Alive during Night 1.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:51 pm If "nothing" is your reason for voting me, why me over anybody else in that pile?

You know damn well I am not available until later in the evening. I'm not even available now.
"Nothing" isn't my reason for voting you, though it's one thing that makes you a candidate.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:39 pm [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

Willing to chop. His only activity in the game to this point was to give me shit, and I doubt he believes in his own accusations. They were bad. That's worth considering as a civilian maneuver to generate dialogue, but he hasn't done anything else so there is no dialogue.

His dealings with me reach into the realm of self-parody.

[21]
I can't spend any more posts explaining this. I'm going to need you to deal with the thread your own way. Also, I don't "know damned well" any precise anything about your daily schedule. We have one hour, so *gestures to game thread*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

I’m voting for JimmyJay before his posts run out!

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

As I said before, I think he bit the Epi bait a little too hard before Epi even showed up. I don’t like the “Is there any reason why we shouldn’t?”. Personally I don’t see a reason why we should. He wants us to care too much about an unserious back and forth.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:48 pm Does anyone have a reason that Epignosis should not be chopped today?

*exasperated shrug*

Ok so I don't find Marmots focus and questions towny at all and I have no idea why he townreads me

But I'm trying to think about the claim thing bc I missed upon my first readthrough. Do you find it unlikely that the vanilla claim could be some sort of gambit? Idk if that's something people do here. I've seen vanilla town fakeclaim PR's to get out of a yeet but would this be a good strategy the other way around? Like, say Marmot was mafia and claims later on that he's a PR and just fakeclaimed vanilla to avoid getting NK'd or something. Is that a tactic that you don't really see flying?

I'm mostly entertaining this bc I don't find most of his play towny

I’m going to treat jay and Epi as difference checked
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Am I just barking up the tree here?

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Poison @Long Con who do y'all want to yeet
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It is TV time with the family. Show runs just under an hour.

If I am lynched, this will be the first time I have been lynched as a civilian in perhaps years.

Time to dust off Gilbert.

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:01 pm Am I just barking up the tree here?

I’m treating jay and Epi as a difference check

Why do you think marmot is mafia?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:02 pm It is TV time with the family. Show runs just under an hour.

If I am lynched, this will be the first time I have been lynched as a civilian in perhaps years.

Time to dust off Gilbert.
Yeah I don't like this post

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Mostly bc i haven't been following their reads and focuses so far. And I honestly didn't like the early vanilla claim lol
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Sure would be nice to have Long Con around. :scared:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Terrible.

Epignosis is a civilian, Nanook knows it, and he is setting me up to take the fall (aided by the support he'd anticipate from Enrique).

There is zero reason to "difference check" Epi and I (if I am right that it means we're being treated as oppositely aligned). I hate it.

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

@Enrique I don't really blame you for your suspicion, but I hope you'll explore one thing on your own:

What has this game thread given us that should have my attention? I have taken what is in here, absolute table scraps, and tried to make reads with it. Yes, that includes Epignosis and our little spat. He and I have done that many times before, and usually he doesn't wait until the last minute to step off it. If he's been busy then fine; that's why I have been waiting for him to say whatever he will say.

[37]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kids are getting snacks.

Role claiming legal.

So fuck it. You all did this to yourselves.

I am the civilian jack of all trades.

One shot block.
One shot protect.
One shot vote strip.

Good job, good luck.

At least mafia will kill me and I can stop punishing myself.

At least use this time to actually lynch a mafia a member and not a civilian who doesn't post until late evening anymore (and JJJ knows this shit, as do others).
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Terrible.

Epignosis is a civilian, Nanook knows it, and he is setting me up to take the fall (aided by the support he'd anticipate from Enrique).

There is zero reason to "difference check" Epi and I (if I am right that it means we're being treated as oppositely aligned). I hate it.

@Enrique I don't really blame you for your suspicion, but I hope you'll explore one thing on your own:

What has this game thread given us that should have my attention? I have taken what is in here, absolute table scraps, and tried to make reads with it. Yes, that includes Epignosis and our little spat. He and I have done that many times before, and usually he doesn't wait until the last minute to step off it. If he's been busy then fine; that's why I have been waiting for him to say whatever he will say.

[37]
umm what
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

@JaggedJimmyJay this flip on Epi doesnt feel natural at all
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Terrible.

[37]
I admit I don’t have the strongest case but then again we’re in the same situation.

I don’t know what a difference check is / I assumed it meant something different (like it made you both look civ to disagree like that? idk). If someone can tell me more about what it means it might change how I read Nanook’s posts. :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The "umm what" is that I think Nanook "difference checking" Epi and I is the worst thing in this thread Scirrus.

Epi's role claim is fine. It doesn't make me suspect him more.

[28] -- I only have 2 more posts. I endorse a Nanook chop. I don't believe that difference check read, and it brings so much potential for opportunism.

I'm shutting up until the final 20 minutes or less.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

For posterity’s sake (also.... correct me if I’m wrong I have an imperfect memory...):

Scirrus had originally voted for Marmot, then Epi, then switched to JJJ after a) I did and b) JJJ switched from Epi to Nanook. Now he’s back on Marmot.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Terrible.

[37]
I admit I don’t have the strongest case but then again we’re in the same situation.

I don’t know what a difference check is / I assumed it meant something different (like it made you both look civ to disagree like that? idk). If someone can tell me more about what it means it might change how I read Nanook’s posts. :grin:
A difference check means that Nanook is assuming that if we yeet Epi, whatever JJJ's alignment is is the opposite of that. So JJJ is "checked" with Epi's flip

It only "works" if you can are confident that they are opposite alignments
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm For posterity’s sake (also.... correct me if I’m wrong I have an imperfect memory...):

Scirrus had originally voted for Marmot, then Epi, then switched to JJJ after a) I did and b) JJJ switched from Epi to Nanook. Now he’s back on Marmot.
I sure did! Wanna talk about it?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

If no one's here not much I can do but read back to get some semblance of what I should do

ugh
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:48 pm Does anyone have a reason that Epignosis should not be chopped today?

*exasperated shrug*

Yeah sorry dudes, all my recent Mafia time has been spent catching up on Fallout and GoC. I'm not in here yet. I'm town tho.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 pm Sure would be nice to have Long Con around. :scared:
Thank man! I think Epi is not evil.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll sheep JJJ. [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

Most of what I have read was JJJ vs Epi, and I am going town-town for that for now.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Thanks for the explanation Scirrus! I’m just making sure the stuff is on record (we usually use [ vote ] for that but it’s not mandatory). Why the switch back to Marmot though?

I don’t agree with the difference check either btw now knowing what it means. Wanna explain @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME?
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 pm I'll sheep JJJ. [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

Most of what I have read was JJJ vs Epi, and I am going town-town for that for now.
Do you think their exchange would have went down differently if one/both of them were mafia?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:29 pm Thanks for the explanation Scirrus! I’m just making sure the stuff is on record (we usually use [ vote ] for that but it’s not mandatory). Why the switch back to Marmot though?

I don’t agree with the difference check either btw now knowing what it means. Wanna explain @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME?
oh yeah. Bc it's where my vote was before and I don't feel confident with the other options. I wouldn't be upset about a Nook lynch based on their play so far but I don't get how JJJ had a such a strong reaction to the difference check
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

I suppose JJJ thinking it was an opportunistic thing to do is reason enough for him to vote Nanook, which I get
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

Just a reminder that the thread will lock briefly after the poll closes so I can check post counts and format the Day 1 post.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

The quickness of JJJ"s switch just kinda weirded me out in the moment but I dunno. @Enrique are you seeing JJJ's scum play with his recent actions? I don't think I am
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

My internet keeps going out and it’s late for me. Trying to make sense of Epi’s responses and role claim. Im not sure I really like the “this is all your fault” and “use this time to lynch a mafia member” without much contribution. I also don’t know if “Jack of all trades” is a common role, especially in such a small game.
Going to try to reread the recent development on nanook
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nanook made a read that I just don't like for a number of reasons:

1) I don't think the evidence in this game thread supports the "difference check" theory. Epi and I hurled crap at each other in such a caricaturized way that I frankly expected someone to call us mafia teammates. I also think that from a neutral observer, there should be space for Epi and I to both be civilians.

2) If Epi is a civilian, then I am treated like a red check (or at least super suspicious) because of that difference check -- even though it isn't justified.

3) Nanook did this on the heels of Enrique voicing suspicion of me and voting for me. If he is mafia, he has a support net for that interpretation moving into Day 2.

4) Nanook was already one of the two players I considered most worthy of being chopped, so that this came from him set me off immediately.

That all motivated my abrupt change of perspective. That kind of move is something I do a lot, often rightly but also sometimes to my own detriment (e.g. S7 SF3 at the end of Day 1). But when I am in a posture at EOD wherein I think something is wrong, I think it is my duty to do something about it -- not stubbornly park my vote. Epignosis hasn't given us a great deal of new stuff, but he did give us a role claim. I feel exactly okay about the role claim. The timing makes it hard to feel any confidence, but at the least I can place myself in a possible civilian Epignosis mindset where fuck that, here's my role seems like a more appealing move than fighting off a chop while he's trying to do family stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Goof morning! I'll catch up now.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:29 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 pm I'll sheep JJJ. [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

Do you think their exchange would have went down differently if one/both of them were mafia?
Yes.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 pm Goof morning! I'll catch up now.
Goof morning.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:37 pm The quickness of JJJ"s switch just kinda weirded me out in the moment but I dunno. @Enrique are you seeing JJJ's scum play with his recent actions? I don't think I am
:shrug: Could see it either way.
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

I really don’t know how I feel about nanook’s posts. I just reread them and I don’t feel there is much substance there. I’ve never played with this player before is that common?
Gro-oo-ovy
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:58 am @Poison, the “nothing” tier is meant to depict “I feel nothing about their posts that suggests to me they are civilians”. Surely some of them are civilians; I haven’t seen it yet.

Epi hurled his poo at me and that’s fine. I’ll see what he does with it and determine how I feel.
Have you guys done this before?
fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am I see some posts about my “carefully worded posts”. I don’t think they are very carefully worded, but I also haven’t played in I think 5 years, so maybe they naturally are. I’m not mafia so I don’t have anything to hide

So some other thoughts. Epignosis vs JJJ seemed a bit forced almost to me. But I have mostly good vibes from JJJ, and I almost always get bad vibes every time I’ve played with Epi, so I think they might have just been trying to stir up conversation with how quickly it was abandoned.
I feel uncomfortable with early bandwagons, so while I’m fairly neutral on Marmot at this point, I’m not sure I’d want to vote there as the points on him seem quite flimsy.

I see that there is a “no eviction” option on the poll. I need to read further to figure out what that is about.
I’m going to place a vote for reywaS right now, because I like to be able to see the poll without clicking view poll and as hopefully incentive to show up and post. :)
I see. What are your views on Scirrus and chard?
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm Civilians need to be careful with their... OUR wording too! :nicenod:

Gonna be real though, I hate to see Marmot go on Day 1 so often, and if his weird understanding of the early votes for him is the thing that cements the wagon around him, I would like to avoid that lynch. I don’t see it as a scum maneuver, just a casual confusion.

To elaborate based on my own gameplay: my first post yesterday was going to talk about how at my first superficial read I didn’t get what chardonnay was doing/saying. So I re-read his posts and I thought, yeah, this makes sense, it’s actually fine, and decided to drop it from my own post. Maybe I wouldn’t word it as his vote deriving from “reasonable conclusions” but I think this is what Marmot means... the thread char spins isn’t hard to follow. Marmot does not share that view about Jay.

[3]
I think I like this post.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

jjj still my preference but id break a nanook/epi tie
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Yeah I'm think I'm gonna trust JJJ on this. Thanks for the explanation.

[VOTE: VOTE NANOOK] aubergine (was already on there but didn't want to use a post for it)

fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:54 pm I really don’t know how I feel about nanook’s posts. I just reread them and I don’t feel there is much substance there. I’ve never played with this player before is that common?
yeah it's not really alignment indicative, especially early game. Based on that it could go either way. The people voting Nook are doing so because of his vote on Epi to difference check

Return to “Previous Rackets”