JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Mafia (DAY 2)

Post by Alison »

Voting is not what I meant about not getting into the fray. Show me a post where he engages with a scumread or steps into a conflict (etc. between you and Epi). Show me where he was interrogating people, trying to form a towncore, or doing all the shit that town normally does. I see him avoiding conflict, not courting it. I don't think he does that as town, at least not to this degree.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Why is part of the theory involving me trying to kill Epi? That's the most unbelievable thing. I'd never target Epi night 1 for a kill.

The host made an announcement that the mafia can withhold their kill. This is probably what happened
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:06 am Why is part of the theory involving me trying to kill Epi? That's the most unbelievable thing. I'd never target Epi night 1 for a kill.

The host made an announcement that the mafia can withhold their kill. This is probably what happened
That’s the defence you are going with? That the mafia probably chose not to kill on N1. In a game that started with only 12players left, one civvie lynched and another (Marmot) with considerable suspicion. What reason could they have for doing that that would outweigh having one less civvie in the game.
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL you guys are going to love this. It was fingersplints. The only way to move forward confidently with that plan was if they already knew about the block, otherwise withholding their kill would be a gamble at best - a protect doesn't implicate anyone.

I get that you have to chop me first, I won't waste my time arguing that. I'm glad they chose me, because I'm obviously too overwhelmed doing this game alongside two bigger ones.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

You think mafia nokilled with 3 PR claims on the table? I don't.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:20 am You think mafia nokilled with 3 PR claims on the table? I don't.
Yeah, I guess it is more likely that they just tried to kill the claimed cop.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One of the power role claims was fake (Alison), one of them was vague and probably transparent (mine), and Epi’s wasn’t that strong.

I don’t think think an abstained kill is super likely, but I did consider it specifically for Alison even before my gripes last night. Draw Epi’s protection with the cop claim to waste it and then no kill in an effort to clear oneself falsely.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 1)

Post by Poison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 pm One can only laugh. Bye Marmot. XD

If anyone targeted me last night, you may have hit reywaS instead. Lemme know.

I'm at work right now. I'll think shit over and post sporadically. That flip kinda breaks things open.
yes, JJJ speaking the truth. I need to read the thread , I'll play at night.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:33 am One of the power role claims was fake (Alison), one of them was vague and probably transparent (mine), and Epi’s wasn’t that strong.

I don’t think think an abstained kill is super likely, but I did consider it specifically for Alison even before my gripes last night. Draw Epi’s protection with the cop claim to waste it and then no kill in an effort to clear oneself falsely.
Alison is someone I could see coming up with that plan.

I am getting chopped today. If I were bad, I'd admit it. I'm not. Please direct your conversations thusly for maximum progress.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might be indisposed this evening. I will try to be here pre-deadline. [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Grogu »

What happened? I never saw the day end and forgot to submit my action.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Grogu »

How can we see the vote count for the past day? I saw nak was eliminated but I cannot see his voters.
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

Grogu wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:13 pm How can we see the vote count for the past day? I saw nak was eliminated but I cannot see his voters.

There is a section on the first post of the game thread for eviction poll screenshots.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe Grogu forgot the kill? :haha: It's a little too on-the-nose, I know.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Grogu, I was roleblocked and the kill was claimed by Scirrus as town 1-shot vigilante.

So, either Scirrus is wolf with a pretty cool lie to mislead, or I was the wolf killer and I was roleblocked (I'm not), or the mafia tried to kill Alison (protected by Epi), or the Mafia also hit Marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Actually I can use my role to prove Scirrus' claim. I know, how convenient.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:31 pm Actually I can use my role to prove Scirrus' claim. I know, how convenient.
Any details?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I can choose someone by Day, and I get to copy their powers by night. I find out at the start of the night what their powers are. I can communicate it to the thread immediately since we have open nights. Then, if Scirrus is honest, I can kill someone. If not, then we caught a wolf.

I know it's asking a lot to change this yeet from me. Probably too much. But this is what you will lose.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:50 pm I can choose someone by Day, and I get to copy their powers by night. I find out at the start of the night what their powers are. I can communicate it to the thread immediately since we have open nights. Then, if Scirrus is honest, I can kill someone. If not, then we caught a wolf.

I know it's asking a lot to change this yeet from me. Probably too much. But this is what you will lose.
I think any controversy on Scirrus hinges on his alignment more than on his role (e.g. a mafia-aligned vigilante).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Scirrus I absolutely need some words from you in this thread please. Answer Alison's gripes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

My day’s been extremely busy. I’m not sure if there’s 40 minutes left on the poll or close to two hours, but I hope it’s the latter... gonna have dinner quick and then see about this game again. Sorry for being absent. :(
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

got it its 40 mins
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:50 pm I can choose someone by Day, and I get to copy their powers by night. I find out at the start of the night what their powers are. I can communicate it to the thread immediately since we have open nights. Then, if Scirrus is honest, I can kill someone. If not, then we caught a wolf.

Who'd you target Day 1 then, and what can that person do?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

ive been feeling nauseous and lightheaded since i came home from work. dunno if its something i arte or what. I'll catch up and answer people's questions tomorrow. sorry. I can't do this right now
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:34 pm

I actually tried to scheme the power in on Day 0, but the host denied me. Then, on Day 1, the yeet happened and I sent in my PM, and was told it was too late because it had to be sent in by day. I tried to use your power.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:46 pm

I actually tried to scheme the power in on Day 0, but the host denied me. Then, on Day 1, the yeet happened and I sent in my PM, and was told it was too late because it had to be sent in by day. I tried to use your power.
Which one?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

And to do what

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:26 am Gonna be frank:

I don't think there's any way in hell a civilian Alison thinks [mafia vigilante Scirrus] is the most probable explanation for these events. The logic is loaded with holes, the assumptions are too numerous, and the odds at face value should seem low. I also don't really believe her suspicion of Scirrus's behavior is real and have been tweaked by that since she got here.

She fits just fine with Long Con, and I feel like two mafia are solved. If anyone has a reason to calm my bravado, go for it. But I feel pretty damned good about this.
I don’t have any objections to this post.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I know Epignosis had some misgivings about Scirrus's claim. Alison clearly had gripes. Did anyone else have cause to question Scirrus either for his claim or his behavior?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Me?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Which one?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:51 pm And to do what
I think I was going to protect Epi.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Alison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 am I don't think Scirrus shot Marmot to claim for credit I think Scirrus shot Marmot because JJJ/Alison are most likely protected, Epi was taken care of by LC (or so he thought), and so the shot pool for a hypothetical Mafia Vigilante Scirrus is {splints, Grogu, Poison, Enrique, Marmot}, and out of those, Marmot is the most likely to catch a scum during the day since the others are all kinda low energy/distracted/gimmicky. It's a SPK, and the fact that it helps cast doubt on you and me + it's easy to say you did as Vigilante is fine.

If Scirrus is town Vigilante, why doesn't he shoot me? He thought I was scum. I was attacking Marmot.
Stretch.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:06 am Why is part of the theory involving me trying to kill Epi? That's the most unbelievable thing. I'd never target Epi night 1 for a kill.

Stretch.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enrique wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Stretch.
At least one of us is trying to solve.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 pm

Stretch.
Unfair.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:11 am I lied about being a full cop. I'm partially insane - my check has a 50% chance to be wrong. The check on Enrique came back mafia. Therefore Enrique has a 50% chance to be town and a 50% chance to be mafia, which is >rand.
I don't recall G-Man ever writing a role such as this.

What was the purpose of your lie?

And I don't think you understand how probabilities work.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enrique wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 pm

Stretch.
Unfair.
YOU HAVEN'T EVEN VOTED
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Neither have Alison, Grogu, or Poison.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

bro i literally just posted about how i didn’t have time for the thread all day and just got home... chill.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:53 pm I know Epignosis had some misgivings about Scirrus's claim. Alison clearly had gripes. Did anyone else have cause to question Scirrus either for his claim or his behavior?
What's the difference between me and Alison?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I didn't expect to be this sad about my chop. I like my plan I came up with though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enrique wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm bro i literally just posted about how i didn’t have time for the thread all day and just got home... chill.
Yeah no that's fine take your time. :suspish:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, I tried. Is fingersplints even a real roleblocker? I don't know. Wish I had done it right.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I put in to copy Enrique in case I somehow live. :haha:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I’m not inclined to buy either the “mafia voluntarily abstained” or “Scirrus is a vig but a bad one” explanations. He could be lying, but not in that way... maybe it’s just my ignorance but how often are mafia vigs even a thing? In a game so small that feels super unbalanced. On the other hand if there was a real civ vig and it wasn’t him we would probably find out. Alison has to twist the while history of the game so far to make her explanation make any sense. I feel pretty confident that her version of the events is not what happened. I have trouble seeing her sincerelt believe it.

splints gets the big catch blocking LC. It could be an elaborate plan but on its own it’s already a much likelier explanation than the two mentioned above.

one min left gota got
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Guess I should have done Scirrus.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:08 pm I put in to copy Enrique in case I somehow live. :haha:
I don’t have a night power. :/
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:53 pm I know Epignosis had some misgivings about Scirrus's claim. Alison clearly had gripes. Did anyone else have cause to question Scirrus either for his claim or his behavior?
What's the difference between me and Alison?
You believe shit she never would.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enrique wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:08 pm I put in to copy Enrique in case I somehow live. :haha:
I don’t have a night power. :/
I'm not alive, so we're a great team.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

I am locking the thread to capture vote counts and format the post. Sit tight!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “Previous Rackets”