Total votes: 11
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Double Elimination Mafia D1

Post by Marmot »

Moghedien wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 am Almost caught up. Just needed to say that the way you all call out short, sudden reads on each other without any explanation is very confusing to me.

How do you play mafia and when do you make reads? A lot of reads people make this early aren't made with a lot of weight.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Moghedien wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:14 am If I'm understanding correctly, the best thing is to send a mix of players through the bracket, but please let me know if I'm making some kind of big mistake.
I agree with this, if by mix of players you mean players of varying levels of suspicion. Or do you mean players of various playing styles? Or players of varying post-frequency levels? Or players with various armpit hair lengths?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:52 am Marmot townier than before for being pro mac but also not good enough

Alison doubling down on mac mafia makes her lockest wolf of all. She only town if she humours me town. Shes jumped every shark.
Yeah, you're definitely coming to the loser's bracket with me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:36 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:03 pm I've thought a little bit about strategy. I think I'd be best suited in sitting in the loser's bracket and letting ya'll funnel your suspects to me.

That said, I'm surprised so many of you took my vote(s) seriously.
It's not your vote per se, it's the flimsy reasoning for why. You could've used the "don't vote, see results", it feels like you used that as an excuse for putting out votes.
I voted the half of the poll that had my name in it, the names around me are just collateral damage.
why do you hate yourself and want to go to that bracket marmot???

It's more that I believe being in the loser's bracket carries more weight. Yes the winner's bracket eliminates more people every day, but the losers's bracket is the one that actually removes people from the game.

Also

[VOTE: Unvote Poison] aubergine
[VOTE: Unvote Mog] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 79

Post by G-Man »

Moghedien wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:14 am [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
[VOTE: Gavial] aubergine
[VOTE: Tim] aubergine
[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
[VOTE: DaisyCloud] aubergine
[VOTE: TSP] aubergine
[VOTE: Made] aubergine
[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine

I want to send Alison, Gavial, Tim, Mac and Daisy for obvious reasons. TSP is my own scum read, Made made a big deal about wanting to go, and then I had one vote leftover so I used it on an inactive who I wanted to see more from: G-Man.

If I'm understanding correctly, the best thing is to send a mix of players through the bracket, but please let me know if I'm making some kind of big mistake.
Since I missed the first half of the day phase, I won’t hold the “inactive” label against you. I’m old, have kids, and only a little bit of time for playing mafia behind my wife’s back. Don’t expect me to use even half of my daily post limit.

At the very least, we’re on the same wavelength about sending a mix to the losers bracket. I think we should send no more than two locktown-esque players to the losers bracket. We need people we can trust down there to help sort out the riff-raff.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Gavial »

One last comment before wall post.
If I had to choose I’d prefer to stay in the winner bracket so I can get more stuff brewing with players like HW, Long Con, Kyle, Mog and Wigly.
I feel if they were all in the winners bracket without a power active player it wouldn’t go as well.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I lied. I may not need to do much more wall posts today anyways but let me elaborate on what is probably going to happen, the way we are going let’s see:
Falcon, Wilgy, Mog, LC, Kyle, HK and G-Man

Which haven’t really been participating much in the game and if there’s a scum within them they are almost always going to try to aim for thread control.
That’s why I want to stay in the winners bracket to ensure they don’t do that and try and get more out of them.
Heck, LC and Kyle haven’t even posted yet.

Although if I’m being honest I think 1 of the 7 should go into the losers bracket so I can have TSP with me.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:42 am So MacDougall is scum with Daisy.
idk what MacDougall is but im definitely town. I voted him for 0 reasons.
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:45 am His reads are blitzed out quickly, aren't accurate and don't have substance to them. He's basically the same as he was in Fallout and he's treating Daisy very very weirdly. Lockscumming me instead of treating me with caution or analyzing the possibility of me being town and my reads being correct is outing.

The third is probably an afk player.
MacDougall isn't treating me weirdly. this is how he normally treats me. not defending him. stating facts.
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:10 am Daisy is scummy as fuck on play and their vote on Mac was not a legitimate vote it was meant to advance an agenda. They did not really believe that Mac is scum because he hasn't posted yet. They had an ulterior reason to vote Mac. Now Mac doesn't seem like an easy misexe so I don't think they were fishing for that, add on to the fact that Mac is scum and it's clear that it was an awkward attempt at distancing. Mac coming in and hard tunnelling the one person who caught on makes sense because there are only 3 scum in this game so they can't bus, and overtly defending Daisy means that he realizes the distancing attempt was bad and wants to mess up the associatives so it doesn't look so obvious.

Mac is scum because every time he is town he is obvious town and provides good insights about the game. He is also more likely to sit back and watch to see the target of my pushes because he believes in reading me by results. He is very unlikely to hard tunnel me D1 even in the games where he has a scumread on me when he is town (Bread Mafia for example). Furthermore his reads are shallow and lacking insight which means he is just using the good old post until they read you town strategy rather than critically thinking about who the mafia is.

The third scum is probably Tim and not an afk because Tim switched from being friendly to me to suddenly wanting me gone the moment I attacked Daisy. He soft endorses the narrative that I am scum by pointing out the possibility of me powerwolfing the loser's bracket. Finally his giving exact ratios on how many votes he wants to assign to each target is too logical to be town Tim. He has way too limited interactions with Mac and tends to talk about Mac rather than to him which doesn't make sense because they're both loud and confrontational players so if there was no tie between them they would naturally crash into each other and debate but instead Tim is stepping back and making general statements meant to influence the rest of the game thread's opinion rather than smack into Mac head on.

see, I could give you that except you forget the fact that I have done and said other things. I fail to see how everything is what u claim and I have been playing scummy. you are barking up the wrong tree. now I am town and I don't mind going into the second team, however you wanting to put me there because you think I am scum is what I have issue with. I haven't played with most of you guys. and the ones I have played with in the past has only been 1 or 2 games. idk if this is how u normally r in the early stages of games but I suggest u simmer down. there is no way u can be this determined to know you found mafia this freaking early. it is possible but in my experience if you are town then this type of attitude gets alot of misyeets. I have seen wolves play this way and try to steam role plsyers they think are weak towns and easy misyeets. either way if u r town or wolf if you don't change your mindset you are going to get alot of town killed. idc if you won this way as town. that is not the point. the point is you decided that this is how the game is going to go and to heck with anyone else. that might be fun for u but literally no one else. you can't and do not know 100% who the mafia is and who the town is. you are completely wrong about me. btw, this is typically how I am with MacDougall. regardless if his alignment i like poking him and fussing with him because that is how I can figure out his alignment. we both know it is harmless and I like to meme a bit.

as for tim im leaning town with him. I rather tim not go into the second bracket to early in game. I'm not confident nor will I be convinced that we sent all 3 mafia unto the second bracket day 1. I rather if tim is town not go there into at least day 2 or 3. definitely by 3. if tim is town he can definitely find and determine if we got all 3 mafia there. once we have all 3 there on day 2 he joins them. then tim could go to finish them off. idk if my idea is dumb but tim when randed town is a very strong town leader and he will be very helpful in sorting out the scums. you don't pull your goalie in the first period. you don't send tim to team 2 on day 1. anyone who thinks differently and they randed town im going to think is playing anti-town. definitely by day 2 we can be more confident about all 3 mafia being in the second bracket.. maybe day 3. depending on nite actions etc etc.
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:23 am Oh and the fact that you think me calling Daisy an outed wolf is me being wolf trying to fish for a misexe rather than a reaction test is also scummy because you've been consistently pushing the idea that Alison calls people outed wolf as a reaction test early in the game for a while now.
you are already trying to establish a false narrative and determining how an argument should go. I know u r not addressing me here however it is about me. I don't know your alignment. I don't automatically think u r mafia. however I do think u r playing scummy. it's the fact that you are 100% sure without any doubts i am mafia is messed up.

I stuck this here because idk how close I am to 100 posts. and I wanted to answer this too.
Made wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 am Daisycloud is reading identically to her play in Spiderman, prob just town.

@DaisyCloud do you have experience with Gavial?

I don't recall ever playing a game with gavial. I only ever played 2 games besides this one in this forum. as for how im playing since last game. I really don't change my playstyle much regardless of my alignment. I'm boring me. when I'm scum I tend to be less derpy. when I rand town it isn't until about day 2 or 3 I get myself together.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

If your Town Daisy I hope you lead everyone in Losers bracket.
I’d your scum Daisy I hope you die a terrible death in Losers bracket.

I hope TSP joins me in winners bracket.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 43

Post by falcon45ca »

DaisyCloud wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:26 pm [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine voting hum as part of my 8 is because it's very disconcerting that he hasn't even posted yet. I feel like t!MacDougall would be trying to lead town.
Seems like a lot of 'splaining to justify that vote. Are you gonna explain the why for each of your 8 votes?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:08 am
DaisyCloud wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:26 pm [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine voting hum as part of my 8 is because it's very disconcerting that he hasn't even posted yet. I feel like t!MacDougall would be trying to lead town.
Seems like a lot of 'splaining to justify that vote. Are you gonna explain the why for each of your 8 votes?
I’m making it up to you this game from last.
:mafia:
Hope you allow me to join you in Winners bracket.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Gavial wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:09 am Quick Response :eye:

@DaisyCloud

When did I bring up Marmot’s vote? I brought up I TR him.
Do you hate my TR on him that much?

Why you so panicky over OMGUS/Meming?
It shouldn’t bother you as much as it is.
The only it should concern is HK/Mac that much.

Kinda think Alison’s Mac/Daisy team is correct.

The aftermath refers to Tony coming in after the 3 of you played the thread.

If I’m town I’m trying very hard?
Wutt? Lol. What kind of statement is that?

I’m looking at the wrong things and making werid assumptions? What am I assuming?
I am looking at everything going on in the thread TYVM I’m not you who decides “OOOO LOOK AT ME I’M GONNA STRESS OVER MARMOTS OBV AF NAI VOTE”.
Like come on now, let’s not do that.

Ok let me just break this down you think I’m quote on quote
building up to some kind of theory or something that has to do with a conspiracy he has but it's all very very inconceptualized at this point so u don't see his end game with it all.”
?????
Why would you expect someone to believe a conspiracy theory in the first place?
What exactly are you expecting my end game to be if I was scum?
This feels like your trying to have people “werry” of me rather then trying to solve my actual slot.

Daisy Quote: tl/dr idk what Gavial is but it doesn't feel town and guts is usually frowned upon so I probably shouldn't have hit send and deleted all this instead.

You don’t know what I am?
I’m a Player
There are 2 things I can be
Town
Or
Mafia

Pick One.
If I don’t feel town.
Then SR me instead of blurting out all this.
It’s like your trying to sus me and trying to not say you are at the same time.
Don’t do it.
Just say I feel off to you if you not confident in a SR’ed on me instead of dragging anything else on pointlessly.

I’m placing my vote on you today for your actions.
Sorry if your town but I’m not allowing this to slide.
you didn't bring up Marmot’s voting thing nor falcons take on it thus I questioned why. u said it didn't matter to u.

i do not hate any of your reads. idk your alignment and looking over your iso i feel like you are leaning town here. I'm not panicked about meme votes. I meme too. I'm simply asking if u was doing that. I'm not stressed out about anything. I'm trying to figure things out just like u r. I like to ask lots of questions and I like letting people know where my head space is at. if u can't tell you been vocal and I never played a game with u so im just trying to figure you out. from what tim said I think I was overthiinking things a bit.

people make theories and assumptions all the time. that is the nature of these games. some are very good at this. i know here in this forum that nite actions and vote count analysis and flips is used more heavily, however this isn't the case in other forums. iirc mu uses a mix of both. where I learnt to play mafia games 9 games out of 10 nite actions and flips and even wills get thrown out the window and lynching happens by who can sway/sweet talk the players. I immediately saw u as a persuasive talker and immediately went to I need to try to figure this player out. I wasn't panicked nor stressed out but I can see how it may have looked thst way.

I hope this explains some things on how im playing and why I asked so many questions and then went on to explain what my thoughts on you are. I don't think it makes me mafia or scummy at all. I think it shows a different playstyle and mindset.
not sure how this makes me scummy but whatever.

Victories:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 79

Post by G-Man »

Gavial wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:54 am I lied. I may not need to do much more wall posts today anyways but let me elaborate on what is probably going to happen, the way we are going let’s see:
Falcon, Wilgy, Mog, LC, Kyle, HK and G-Man

Which haven’t really been participating much in the game and if there’s a scum within them they are almost always going to try to aim for thread control.
That’s why I want to stay in the winners bracket to ensure they don’t do that and try and get more out of them.
Heck, LC and Kyle haven’t even posted yet.

Although if I’m being honest I think 1 of the 7 should go into the losers bracket so I can have TSP with me.
Supplement me with some clarifying information, if you would please.

How did you arrive at that list of seven? Is that who has the fewest votes so far, or is that some kind of read list?

If there is a scum within that list, are you implying that any of those seven will try to control the thread in Day 2? Controlling the convo is not my MO, and several of that seven are far less talkative than the rest of the game.

For what it’s worth, I’m in the “LB is more important than the WB” camp. More damage can be done in the LB, because those decisions are final. The WB important in that we don’t want more than one baddie sneaking by in there until the merger happens, but we need people we can trust in the LB.

Why TSP?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Yay! G-man is S-man!

Hi all, just got notified that we have begun this game!
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

So many wallies. I'll catch up now.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL nice poll, weirdos. I'll read the rules.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Gavial wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:48 am One last comment before wall post.
If I had to choose I’d prefer to stay in the winner bracket so I can get more stuff brewing with players like HW, Long Con, Kyle, Mog and Wigly.
I feel if they were all in the winners bracket without a power active player it wouldn’t go as well.
I don't see the benefit of putting all of the low-posters/inactives in the winner's bracket. Is that what you're saying here?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 am Yay! G-man is S-man!

@Long Con the game has begun. Are you le scum?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:00 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:58 pm why is he sad

isn't he about to be energized? is it bad because it's combining star wars and star trek?
I dunno. I don't get it so I'm assuming Tim is a wolf
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:33 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:18 pm A'ight, getting serious...

HK, why you think I'm wolfing here? What other opinions do you have?
I don't actually think you're wolfing, or at least I didn't anyways. Now I wonder if you're sensitive to the joke comment b/c you are. Except that's wifom to the highest degree.
My only real opinion is I don't think Alison is town but like I can't explain to you why. And I miss Dizzy
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 pm

I don't actually think you're wolfing, or at least I didn't anyways. Now I wonder if you're sensitive to the joke comment b/c you are. Except that's wifom to the highest degree.
My only real opinion is I don't think Alison is town but like I can't explain to you why. And I miss Dizzy
Well, you do have a vote on me...is that a "Tim can go run the loser's bracket and chop the wolves" vote or a meme vote?
all of the above. If you're a wolf I'm godlike and amazing, if you're town you'll run the losers bracket as best you can, and well, don't let your memes of D1 Tim be dreams.
I don't like hk's progression tbh.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 pm nah cloud's a wolf so it follows that mac is town and it's a bad vote
tell me more .
Alison wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:46 pm The vote on Mac is so scummy. Jesus. This wolf is naked beyond words.
is that the only reason you are scum reading daisy?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:03 am Good evening. I see we have some activity. Will start reading in an hour.
Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:26 am So many wallies. I'll catch up now.
I'm always a lil sus of folks who constantly update that they are catching up on things. Some of these "wallies" belong to you BTW
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm still catching up on the thread, bear with me

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:57 am I'm still catching up on the thread, bear with me
FFS, that's actually mildly hilarious
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I went thru Marmot's ISO in 2.4 seconds, and it was somewhat towny.

Kinda pinged me he called himself "vanilla town" tho...ain't no vanilla in my PM, it just says town.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:56 am
Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:03 am Good evening. I see we have some activity. Will start reading in an hour.
I'm always a lil sus of folks who constantly update that they are catching up on things. Some of these "wallies" belong to you BTW
oh. you wouldn't like to talk to me outside of the game then. : P :nicenod:

and I was referring to other wallies, why would I read my own wallies.....?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:01 pm I went thru Marmot's ISO in 2.4 seconds, and it was somewhat towny.

Kinda pinged me he called himself "vanilla town" tho...ain't no vanilla in my PM, it just says town.
mine says super sexy tsukki's psychopathic wife town. :fist: also I think you might be town for this
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:05 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:01 pm I went thru Marmot's ISO in 2.4 seconds, and it was somewhat towny.

mine says super sexy tsukki's psychopathic wife town. :fist: also I think you might be town for this
no wait a sec. i take it back. there's role sample in the opening post.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:50 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 am Yay! G-man is S-man!

@Long Con the game has begun. Are you le scum?
Would you believe me if I said no?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DaisyCloud wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:54 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:43 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
[VOTE: Kyle] aubergine
[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
[VOTE: Poison] aubergine

I will be posting no further day 1 and merely observing you all and modifying my votes from this platform. My goal is to put 2 wolves in the night bracket.
I’m wasting a post here for this but I just want to ask.
Why Made and Long Con?
shut the front door!! wut??
wait, long con is playng this? my life is a lie.

@Long Con hi, please come and play. omg! dude! you are all caught up in the game right? I could use your thoughts and such. this is hype right here!! Long Con is here!!
But I wasn't here... not until this morning. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Of course, Joseph starts me off in his scum list. :rolleyes:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Gavial wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:24 am @Long Con
@Kylemii
I’m pressure voting you guys so you partake in the game you signed up for!
hello I have read nothing but I am immediately voting for this guy who thinks it's his job to be the participation bridge goblin
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[VOTE: gavial] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

okay what the heck is this poll how does any of this work
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151

Post by hollowkatt »

Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:54 am
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:00 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:58 pm why is he sad

isn't he about to be energized? is it bad because it's combining star wars and star trek?
I dunno. I don't get it so I'm assuming Tim is a wolf

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Well, you do have a vote on me...is that a "Tim can go run the loser's bracket and chop the wolves" vote or a meme vote?
all of the above. If you're a wolf I'm godlike and amazing, if you're town you'll run the losers bracket as best you can, and well, don't let your memes of D1 Tim be dreams.
I don't like hk's progression tbh.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 pm nah cloud's a wolf so it follows that mac is town and it's a bad vote
tell me more .
Alison wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:46 pm The vote on Mac is so scummy. Jesus. This wolf is naked beyond words.
lol there is no progression, and I don't have a Tim read. Go bark up a different tree :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Daisycloud, Gavial, and........ Marmot are the whole mafia. I've decided this. good game everyone.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[VOTE: daisycloud] aubergine
[VOTE: marmot] aubergine
[VOTE: tim] aubergine

Bookmark start of page 3
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151

Post by hollowkatt »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:27 pm Daisycloud, Gavial, and........ Marmot are the whole mafia. I've decided this. good game everyone.
eh ok
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Do you walk around IRL and say "Hey, just catching up on things!" often?

Why would you call out wallies when you're a wallie contributor?
Alison
Posts in topic: 93
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

DaisyCloud coming in with the good old "you can't possibly know who the mafia is if you're town, so how dare you push your reads" argument.

Definite loser's bracket material.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

No I thought Daisy was scummy before the Mac vote.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Tim/Mac/Daisy might well be the exact team to be honest.

I want level-headed people who will listen to reason and who I am comfortable playing with in the loser's bracket. Marmot, LC, Moghedien, Made. Would be a good loser's bracket team, and leaves the loud obvious town in Gavial/falcon to dominate winner's. Poison is loud, but not obvious town, but not a bad pick for winner's, I think her alignment will become increasingly obvious the more she interacts with Gavial because of how high volume and naked their playstyles are.

I'm not entirely sure where to sort TSP but I'm not always on the same wavelength as him and I'm less sure about his townieness than other slots so I'm fine having him in a different bracket than me.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: Marmot/LC/Mogh/Made] aubergine

+ myself + my 3 scumreads is my ideal loser's bracket. 3 people I think are scum, and 4 level-headed people who I think are >rand town and who will spew their alignments hard based on the votes they make in loser's.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 pm
Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Do you walk around IRL and say "Hey, just catching up on things!" often?

Why would you call out wallies when you're a wallie contributor?
no I bump into poles when I walk irl but I do say what I'm up to.

I'm not calling out wallies, I'm trying to push myself to read cause I saw the voting ends when I'll be sleeping so it's better that I catch up and vote. i always have a hard time voting for people d1
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:53 pm DaisyCloud coming in with the good old "you can't possibly know who the mafia is if you're town, so how dare you push your reads" argument.

Definite loser's bracket material.
if that is your 8nky take away after reading my wall post and replies to u then I have nothing more to say to u on this matter for now. I will have some choice words to say to you post game however. if you are town then for sure I will be extra salty towards you in my end posts.
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:56 pm
No I thought Daisy was scummy before the Mac vote.
that is a scummy thing to say. u can not possibly have determined my alignment so early in game with such few posts that I had at that point.

there is still other players in this game and you haven't touched base with nor spoke about. I think it's odd you are so hyper focused on me. think u got some tunnel vision and you are probably town looking at wrong things. i won't say TvT because I'm not omgusing and scum reading you for your obsession on me. in. typically I would scum read someone for this type of behavior but idk your meta at all so im just going with what I see here. to me it would only be TvT if I was arguing back with u and scum reading you too.

Victories:
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Moghedien wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:40 pm
I am in Australia. My time zones are out. I also have a life. I also am not afraid of posting as a wolf. Never push me for this reason again please it's asinine.
Everyone is anxious, or at least careful, about posting when they're guilty. If they weren't, it would almost be impossible to scum read people. Mac is just posturing here. Quietness is a classic and reliable scum tactic, and I don't think Mac is somehow exempt from ever using it.

I will be posting no further day 1 and merely observing you all and modifying my votes from this platform. My goal is to put 2 wolves in the night bracket.
As I read your posts, I was becoming increasingly suspicious of the way you seemed to randomly throw reads out, and then I started to wonder if you were aiming for the post cap so you could say "oops, sorry, can't talk anymore." It was almost comical to me when I saw you do just that.
DaisyCloud wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 pm if gavial is town he is trying very hard and is looking at the wrong things and making weird assumptions. so far most of his posts seem nai, but it looks like he is building up to some kind of theory or something that has to do with a conspiracy he has but it's all very very inconceptualized at this point so u don't see his end game with it all.

like how when you see an artist painting and it's all abstract and looks incoherent and thrn they finish it and flip the painting over and you see they painted Marilyn Monroe or the Wffle Tower or something and your like "oh, that is soo cool!!"

he is doing that. it is like u sniff maybe he could be thinking about gas lighting but he clearly isn't.

this is like the day before the day you get the flu. you feel off or some but don't know why.

tl/dr idk what Gavial is but it doesn't feel town and guts is usually frowned upon so I probably shouldn't have hit send and deleted all this instead.
Speaking of people being nervous when they're guilty... :beer:
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:28 am
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:23 am Oh and the fact that you think me calling Daisy an outed wolf is me being wolf trying to fish for a misexe rather than a reaction test is also scummy because you've been consistently pushing the idea that Alison calls people outed wolf as a reaction test early in the game for a while now.
Yeah I'm not seeing it as a reaction test so much as a possible "guilt by association" play on Mac. Even for you getting Mac shoved over won't be easy, so having the "here's his team" associative reads adds useful heft. I mean you could be right about Daisy, but knowing you are wrong about me is not a point in your favor.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:33 am
It seems like your suspicion toward Alison boils down to an "omgus" because she scum read you. Saying "you scum read me, and you were wrong, and you're never wrong so you must be mafia!" is just a roundabout way of omgussing. As to the DaisyCloud part of your conversation, I don't think you really addressed Alison's point about Daisycloud.
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:22 am Vote yourself too Tim, you said you were game to jump into the fray.
Game and eager are not the same thing...but if called upon to serve I won't cry or shirk.

I like the reasonably strong feeling of "one wolf in these two, send both" and before I jump in intentionally I'm gonna see if any more such pairs/groups present themselves.
"Game" and "eager" are quite literally the same thing.

This seems like you're backtracking.
It says right there eager OR willing. I am willing. I am not eager.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

like macdougall and maybe falcon
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

like I said I don't mind going into the second bracket. what I do not like is the 2 most vocal about it want me there because they think i am mafia. this is incorrect.

I think given enough opportunity and not pushed into the gallows I can help find the 3 scum and be an asset.

it is what it is. and I want to make it clear that my objections to going into the 2nd bracket is for thst reason and that reason alone.

Victories:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:02 pm [VOTE: Marmot/LC/Mogh/Made] aubergine

+ myself + my 3 scumreads is my ideal loser's bracket. 3 people I think are scum, and 4 level-headed people who I think are >rand town and who will spew their alignments hard based on the votes they make in loser's.
...I wanted to not be in the Losers, but you are saying you want to be there?

So you can decide who dies?
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:24 am
Made wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:53 pm This might actually be my game to shine, i'm, as the kids like to say, ~~paranoid~~ so I will not be voting my suses with rektless abandon

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine cuz she's scary
[VOTE: Tim] aubergine he's making sense
[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine votes bottom half is a copout
[VOTE: TSP] aubergine votes seem arbitrary, but like in an intentional way. also he's scary
if this is your real votes can you elaborate the scary ones?
Made wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:56 pm Also, this poll will have 128 votes by the time the day is over. I don't see how you can't hide ur votes here as scum. Multivariable wagonomics sounds disgusting
I don't understand what you mean here, the scum part.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Made wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:56 pm Also, this poll will have 128 votes by the time the day is over. I don't see how you can't hide ur votes here as scum. Multivariable wagonomics sounds disgusting
I plan to put four of my votes on people I think have really good wolf prospects, two votes on people who I think will drive the chops over on the loser bracket side in a town favorable way, and two votes on just memeing.
i can't vote a single player properly and phew 8. I think I'll just follow your template.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:02 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:45 pm Marmot just voting the bottom half of the player list and then using the false "just to see the poll" cover is lame, at least, and maybe wolfish.

Obviously town. I mean, what kind of wolf would just out themselves posting such a wolfy gif?
is this a serious read, timmy?
No. It's a reference to the game where Marmot picked up that gif. I used it. I was a wolf.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Made wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:41 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:36 am
Made wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:25 pm

My immediate concern is that if Alison is wolfing I see sending these eight as basically killing four town.
huh....fuck. I think keeping that in mind mitigates the risk there, but like if we fuck up, N1 is gonna hurt. Tho maybe it hurting regardless is just something to prepare for mentally
I'd have felt better if you had said something like "I am town and if she is a wolf I won't let her just steamroll the thread."
I mean she single-handedly won GoC...
?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:02 pm [VOTE: Marmot/LC/Mogh/Made] aubergine

...I wanted to not be in the Losers, but you are saying you want to be there?

So you can decide who dies?
I don't trust random people to exe scum Mac lol.

Return to “Previous Rackets”