Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 am In post number three
I will [VOTE: MP] aubergine
This ain't the dog pee
I think I'd see
I have a counterpoint
Scum MP would want to roll smoother with the punches
For his teammates that he wouldn't want to disappoint
And good MP simply follows his hunches

[VOTE: Unvote M Plus 7] aubergine
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

If you vote for M Plus
I’m gonna have to cuss
Keep voting for Em Pee
And you’ll need an Ee Em Tee

(6)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My name’s Nanook and I came to throw down
So step to me and I’ll call you a clown
My reads are rand but I’m pulling the trigger
Dare to doubt me and I’ll fight you with vigor

My rhymes are dope and so’s my towncore
I’m the shepherd and ya’ll the sheep
So question me and I’ll put you on the floor
While running over you wit the tractor “beep beep”

My rhyme schemes are crazy flexible
Flexing my rhyming ability, so delectable
Mess with me and I’ll call you detestable
Disagree with me reads, and I’ll find you protestable

So the moral of the story
Set your cares aside
Don’t worry
Nanook’s in charge and you’re along for the ride

(7)
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:02 pm 1.
sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 pm Hey all, just checking in for now. Preoccupied with other items for the duration. Looking forward to playing this despite this post count limitation putting me in shackles.
Refusing to rhyme is kinda scummy
Also anyone who over rhymes/someone in first 3 is def mafia trying to be blendy.

Also fuck rhyming the whole reason i signed up for this game is since I don't wanna post why should I rhyme and be forced to post more.
Let us begin with a vote for sig
Whose entrance was just too big
He huffed and he puffed and made a scene
But he just looks the opposite of green
sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:02 pm Super excited to play with some of the oldies again!
Currently drinking wine and cleaning so not 100% here ergo ignore about half of the grammar and spelling mistakes the other half I'd make even not tipsy. :p

Also let's not lynch sig day one in this game okay gang? Okay

Also also I'm packing/moving for job, finishing out school and dealing with army junk so activity may be weird for a bit.
“Let’s not lynch sig day 1” looks like anxiety being masked as banter.
Lynch Sloonei after MP. This sucks.
I agree about this being a bad look for Sloonei. Yeah, sig expressed conflicting views about rhyming. But to me that post, taken as a whole, reads as something a civ throws out because they aren't overly concerned with looking good. Mafia are the ones who try super hard to avoid contradictions in their posts, and that seems like it would've been super easy to avoid here.

Also, "let's not lynch sig day 1" is almost definitely anxiety masked as banter - no one likes dying D1. I don't see how it's alignment-indicative. Sloonei maybe you can explain that one?

Actually, as I reread Sloonei it looks worse and worse to me. As Tony pointed out, he started the lynch train on sig, then switch his vote to Tony because he didn't like all the votes on sig.....what???

-Other Thoughts-
Gonna disagree with Mac - I think Epi is genuinely scumhunting in his big D1 post about MP and Sloonei, and I don't really care about someone "burning through" their D0 posts.

On the other hand, although NANOOK's rhymes are probably the dopest so far, he's burning through D1 posts, which IMO is a different matter than the D0 ones. I also hate the vote on sig - I think it was bandwagony and poorly justified.

MP did the same thing as sig with the ambivalent response to post count limits, and I also don't think that is a big deal - knowing MP, he is probably really excited to be playing this but massively busy, so I bet he vascillates between wanting infinite posts and not having time to read infinite posts. I think the Omerta thing is really the only decent point in Epi's case against MP, but Epi says: "But that isn't important."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

You’re talking wack, son
I’ve got like 20+ posts left
I’m barely a quarter done
I won’t leave you missing me and bereft

My vote is the best one
And I don’t wanna hear no beef
Pretending my reads are good is fun
So stop fighting it and hop on my scum killing leaf

(8)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Russtifinko wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:08 pm At risk of sounding overly simplistic, role claiming and infodumping are allowed, and "the mafia have been given safe character claims drawn at random from a larger pool of possible civilian characters." So come Day 1, should we all just say our roles, then vote to lynch from among the roles that people double-claim?

Also, hard aree with sig on this: "Also fuck rhyming the whole reason i signed up for this game is since I don't wanna post why should I rhyme and be forced to post more."
Depends on how loyal to the flavor this game is.

If it is very loyal, the mafia will consist of Grunty, Klungo and maybe 1 or 2 bosses. Or maybe Grunty's talking spellbook and talking cauldron (though admitelly those two are also very likely town).

Town is going to have Banko, Kazooie, Mumbo, Bottles and some random NPCs.

The setup doesn't HAVE to be loyal to flavor tho. We could have a crazy twist where Kazooie is evil or something.

If it is loyal to flavor though, we may get away at confirming some players for having obvious heroic roles.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:52 pm Sig, can you actually engage me on this once, like for real? Why do you suspect me literally every game we play in? What strikes you as disingenuous about it?
We havent played a game in years you cant pull that card plus I'm fairly certain I didn't suspect you every game.
Your appealing to emotions way to fast for what's essential a minor poke. Big overreaction. Not even voting for you.
Gut and gut is rarely wrong.
To be fair, MP seven
Did just spend a whole game
Appealing to emotion. And that wasn't done with an evil aim
Because he was town in that game, even.

I'm using google to search for rhymes. I don't feel guilty at all.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

My name is Dragon D. Luffy, and at this game I'm not half bad
The name is a pun, by a One Piece fan
Monkey D. Luffy is the main character, Dragon is his dad
When I first made that name it sounded like a more clever plan

At every forum I'd join during my internet way
I'd make a nickname with dragon on it
Teenagers love dragons, what can I say
But you can call me DDL, if that's what you see fit

I'm not good at rhymes, so yeah I'm looking for them online
But five extra posts can be a lot, I can't really ignore
So I'll get over this, finish this chore
And put the rhyming thing on the sideline

I said it's a chore, but this was actually kind of fun
I guess I'm fine with, once a day, doing this run
Now let's get begin the scumhunting
For ya, DDL is coming
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I also felt a line of sarcasm and negativity in Sloonei's posts that I didn't like. It's faint, but makes me want to place my first vote there.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:26 amTo be fair, MP seven
Did just spend a whole game
Appealing to emotion. And that wasn't done with an evil aim
Because he was town in that game, even.
I want to clarify for all that this ABBA rhyme scheme is also fine. I didn't include it before; didn't think of it.

Mama mia.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I am ahead of my times. :shifty:

Or more like I skimmed Jay's post and assumed all usual rhyming schemes were allowed.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm Refusing to rhyme is kinda scummy
Also anyone who over rhymes/someone in first 3 is def mafia trying to be blendy.

Also fuck rhyming the whole reason i signed up for this game is since I don't wanna post why should I rhyme and be forced to post more.
someone like nanook?
Russtifinko wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:08 pm At risk of sounding overly simplistic, role claiming and infodumping are allowed, and "the mafia have been given safe character claims drawn at random from a larger pool of possible civilian characters." So come Day 1, should we all just say our roles, then vote to lynch from among the roles that people double-claim?
jaggedjimmyjay doesn't allow infodumping where people doubleclaim and get called out. i don't know if this is genuine or underhanded cunningness since i haven't played with russtifinko before, but it pinged me. :eye:
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:18 pm Rhymes are cool
But puns are better
It takes a man
To make her wetter
:cloud9:
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:30 pm I aint lynching sig on day (1)
twice in a row, that's no fun
I'd rather choose someone who seems too eager
to do so despite the motive being so meager
feels like tmi

i didn't get the scummy vibes that sloonei, mac, and others got from sig, but this excuse from nutella is not really a defense of "why sig is not mafia" it's just some weak narrative about not wanting to lynch him on day 1 twice in a row, but maybe on day 2 eh? i guess i just don't buy it.

i think sloonei is being sloonei. i am not comfortable calling either epi or mp town yet, but i feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts so i would vote epi out before mp. then again, the way nutella (eagerly) votes for mp pretty quickly makes me feel nut and epi are not on the same team if there's one baddie between them.

i like macdougall.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:58 am I also felt a line of sarcasm and negativity in Sloonei's posts that I didn't like. It's faint, but makes me want to place my first vote there.

i read his posts and didn't detect the sarcasm. curious if you can point it out?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

The Power & The Passion - Top 5!

1. Russtifinko - Putting forth some thinking activities in an environment that is probably not super chillax for scum. Liking ya boy.

2. TonyStarkPrime - Really good looks for the boy. Powers to the top of the rankings on the back of some really willing and hectic town pings and good effort.

3. Sig - I like the fire and the penache stirring from within.

4. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

5. Nutella - I have a sense that she is towntella but she doesn't really deserve the read. I don't like that she went for the sig town read. I enjoyed the pressure we were putting on him. But she's obsessed with disrupting earnest scum hunting in the early game for some reason as a matter of course so it's on town meta for her to do this.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - I have this sort of inverse read on TH right now where I think he's kind of taking the piss a bit too much to be scum.

7. Epignosis - Really enjoyed him slapping M Plus 7 across the face with a wet fish but he doesn't care one iota about the roof. He's burning through posts, taking the piss mostly.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He hasn't posted out of rhyme yet at all and his reads in rhyme have been pretty borderline.

9. M Plus 7 - Pretty bad so far. The only town ping I've had was him saying fuck. But MP is the sort of wolf player who fakes getting upset when he's accused (or perhaps doesn't need to fake it).

10. dunya - What is you doing fam? I don't like the fact that you've left zero impression on me.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
This is good this is good this is good shit
This is my fourth post and I love it
To respond to Sloonei no I don't care
MP feels different here, I swear
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 ami feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts so i would vote epi out before mp.
You might know this already, but Epi is literally an English teacher irl. So I would kind of expect him to sounds like that as a default. I get that you think it weaken's his case on MP, but it doesn't necessarily make me read Epi as bad. Especially with schools being out, he's gotta find an outlet. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:52 pm Sig, can you actually engage me on this once, like for real? Why do you suspect me literally every game we play in? What strikes you as disingenuous about it?
We havent played a game in years you cant pull that card plus I'm fairly certain I didn't suspect you every game.
Your appealing to emotions way to fast for what's essential a minor poke. Big overreaction. Not even voting for you.
Gut and gut is rarely wrong.
No. You're not doing this to me.

We just played a game, and you said something incredibly similar about me there, and you were lynched Day 1. I won't say more as it's ongoing, but no, we have played more recently than years.

So because I display any emotion at all it gives you a free pass to dismiss me? Kindly re-consider. The reason I get upset at you, sig, is because often (even though every time is literally every time I can ever recall a single game we've played together) whenever I try to have a meaningful interaction with you, you behave in this exact same way, regardless of your alignment and regardless of mine. Why can't you consider any new information about your interactions with me? Why can't you answer a simple question, which is: what exactly did you find disingenuous?

You're tired of getting lynched Day 1? Perhaps make more of an attempt to engage with players who want to engage with you. How am I supposed to ever understand what you're thinking if you block me off with walls like this?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am 1.
I agree about this being a bad look for Sloonei. Yeah, sig expressed conflicting views about rhyming. But to me that post, taken as a whole, reads as something a civ throws out because they aren't overly concerned with looking good. Mafia are the ones who try super hard to avoid contradictions in their posts, and that seems like it would've been super easy to avoid here.

Also, "let's not lynch sig day 1" is almost definitely anxiety masked as banter - no one likes dying D1. I don't see how it's alignment-indicative. Sloonei maybe you can explain that one?

Actually, as I reread Sloonei it looks worse and worse to me. As Tony pointed out, he started the lynch train on sig, then switch his vote to Tony because he didn't like all the votes on sig.....what???

-Other Thoughts-
Gonna disagree with Mac - I think Epi is genuinely scumhunting in his big D1 post about MP and Sloonei, and I don't really care about someone "burning through" their D0 posts.

On the other hand, although NANOOK's rhymes are probably the dopest so far, he's burning through D1 posts, which IMO is a different matter than the D0 ones. I also hate the vote on sig - I think it was bandwagony and poorly justified.

MP did the same thing as sig with the ambivalent response to post count limits, and I also don't think that is a big deal - knowing MP, he is probably really excited to be playing this but massively busy, so I bet he vascillates between wanting infinite posts and not having time to read infinite posts. I think the Omerta thing is really the only decent point in Epi's case against MP, but Epi says: "But that isn't important."
My sig vote was done just to provide some action right off the bat for Day 1. I didn't want us to not have anything to talk about, so I put a vote in a spot where it felt comfortable: on sig. If anyone is going to try to read that as if I sincerely intended the vote or the read to stick, they're gonna have a rough go of it this game.

That doesn't mean it was an empty read/vote. Sig getting mislynched early in games is a syndicate meme at this point, but his Day 0 plea to avoid that was unprompted here, and I could see it as a tentative bad guy (bad banjo?) trying to enter the game with feigned nonchalance. I'm not invested in this read, but it was something to talk about.

Then two other people followed with votes on sig, putting him up to 3 within the first couple hours of Day 1. I have no interest in leaving my vote there. Early phase votes are about generating discussion. Having a poll that indicates sig is a runaway suspect is counterproductive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

9. I meant to compile all of my responses to people in one big post, but hit submit out of habit. oops
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:58 am I also felt a line of sarcasm and negativity in Sloonei's posts that I didn't like. It's faint, but makes me want to place my first vote there.

What? Huh? What are you talking about? Point to the things that you are talking about and explain why you don't like them.
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:24 pm
This is good this is good this is good shit
This is my fourth post and I love it
To respond to Sloonei no I don't care
MP feels different here, I swear
Our posts are limited, so don't make me ask why.
You know I'll do it, or at least I'll try
A hundred millions times
Tell me, what are MP's crimes?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by speedchuck »

I'd kick a log and dance a jig
Before placing a vote on sig
Now sloonei's got some points in him
I could just vote him on a whim

I'd rather take my own pace
And find some friends and make a case
But right now I will be uncouth
I'm stuck at home in the damn sound booth
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 pm 3. Epignosis is town, but so is MP. Let’s not lynch either of them.
I warn you against making reads such as this. I swear in god's name you did the same in a recent game and it ended up the drizzling shits.

What kind of read is that, townreading two players engaged in a back and forth? Sometimes those are right though.

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

The Power & The Passion - Top 5!

1. Russtifinko - Putting forth some thinking activities in an environment that is probably not super chillax for scum. Liking ya boy.

2. TonyStarkPrime - Really good looks for the boy. Powers to the top of the rankings on the back of some really willing and hectic town pings and good effort.

3. Sig - I like the fire and the penache stirring from within.

4. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

5. Nutella - I have a sense that she is towntella but she doesn't really deserve the read. I don't like that she went for the sig town read. I enjoyed the pressure we were putting on him. But she's obsessed with disrupting earnest scum hunting in the early game for some reason as a matter of course so it's on town meta for her to do this.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - I have this sort of inverse read on TH right now where I think he's kind of taking the piss a bit too much to be scum.

7. Epignosis - Really enjoyed him slapping M Plus 7 across the face with a wet fish but he doesn't care one iota about the roof. He's burning through posts, taking the piss mostly.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He hasn't posted out of rhyme yet at all and his reads in rhyme have been pretty borderline.

9. M Plus 7 - Pretty bad so far. The only town ping I've had was him saying fuck. But MP is the sort of wolf player who fakes getting upset when he's accused (or perhaps doesn't need to fake it).

10. dunya - What is you doing fam? I don't like the fact that you've left zero impression on me.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.

I like the approach here, thanks for sharing, Mac. I agree with your Russ and Sloonei town reads. Can you elaborate on the Tony and sig ones? And maybe I missed it, but if sig is your #3 read, why are you voting for him?

Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 pm Hey all, just checking in for now. Preoccupied with other items for the duration. Looking forward to playing this despite this post count limitation putting me in shackles.

sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:02 pm Super excited to play with some of the oldies again!
Currently drinking wine and cleaning so not 100% here ergo ignore about half of the grammar and spelling mistakes the other half I'd make even not tipsy. :p

Also also I'm packing/moving for job, finishing out school and dealing with army junk so activity may be weird for a bit.

-Other Thoughts-

I don't entirely understand why you think it's a bad look for Sloonei -- is it because you disagree with it?

What makes you feel like Epi is genuinely scumhunting there? I don't disagree even, but what about it indicates to you that he's trying to assess my alignment?

How is the Omerta thing a decent point exactly? I hardly remember what actually happened in that game, except for I was scum. Then, thinking on it, I thought I recalled us not having a hard time in that game, but other than that my memory is pretty fuzzy about it. Regardless, why would that be a point towards my alignment here? That's what I think I don't understand.

Explain?

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 am
jaggedjimmyjay doesn't allow infodumping where people doubleclaim and get called out. i don't know if this is genuine or underhanded cunningness since i haven't played with russtifinko before, but it pinged me. :eye:

FWIW, knowing him rather well, I don't think that line of thinking is bizarre coming from Russ here. I'm hesitant to give him a ton of credit for it because I think it's within his scum range, but it struck me as genuine.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MP7 reads

Strong town:
Sloonei
Mac

Moderate town:
Russ

Slight town:
Epi
Nanook
dunya
Turnip

POE:
Tony
speed
nutella
sig
DDL
G-Man
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Pardon my absence, dear friends, for I‘ve been
Busy with work all week and it’s crazy.
Showing up late on Day 1 is a sin.
Do know it’s not because I am lazy.
I work for a school district and although
Buildings are closed and the students waylaid,
District staff are all essential, you know?
I’ve had to work late so vendors get paid.
Tonight and tomorrow, reading’s my goal,
Discern which of you for whom I shall vote,
And not fall into a catching-up hole.
May today a baddie hang by his throat!
But alas, this day more work must be done
For the beast called Wildcat Foundation.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fifth post and now I think MP looks better
His last few posts fit his town meta to the letter
But I have some questions about that rainbow
How did Nanook and Turnip earn spots in a green row?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm Fifth post and now I think MP looks better
His last few posts fit his town meta to the letter
But I have some questions about that rainbow
How did Nanook and Turnip earn spots in a green row?
My gut likes them, that's basically it for slight town people. I basically forced myself to GTH people out of my POE, and the ones that came out north of null fell into the slight town area. In their own methods, I felt like Nanook and Turnip are contributing their own reads and thoughts on matters in a genuine way.

I still may consider any of them for a vote today, but I'd have to see something compelling that caused me to change my read. I'm sure I'll be re-assessing in due time.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

oh cool, town mp is on my team. that's a relief.

mp, can you tell me why sloonei is "strong town"?

i didn't like gman's second post in the game. for all the effort he went into rhyming, i felt like we got 0 reads or anything of substance from it even if he only has a little time (so do i). that's where he and nanook differ for me, nanook offered some opinions on people (they weren't grand sweeping isos, but i don't care if people want to stick to a schtick and from memory it's common that nanook does this).

i am rereading sloonei now, because i feel i missed something.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

post #3 btw

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

didn't address my sig point, i feel ignored. *pout*
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:04 pm post #3 btw

Sorry yeah I kind of missed that
It's just that lynching sig is old hat
And I don't see any reason to jump on him early
I thought people doing so were unreasonable surely
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:03 pm oh cool, town mp is on my team. that's a relief.

i didn't like gman's second post in the game. for all the effort he went into rhyming, i felt like we got 0 reads or anything of substance from it even if he only has a little time (so do i). that's where he and nanook differ for me, nanook offered some opinions on people (they weren't grand sweeping isos, but i don't care if people want to stick to a schtick and from memory it's common that nanook does this).

It's an extremely strong positive gut response to pretty much everything he's said in this game. Sloonei feels different to me when he's scum, like it's hard to explain... when he's scum, he makes observations, points, etc., but there's no underlying drive, the agenda is easier to squint and see, even if he is good scum.

He felt organic on Day 0, and I gave him mild points for the strategic suggestions post, even if it would be easy enough to fake. There's this sort of anxiety that I perceive scum Sloonei plays with that's different than when he's town. I haven't seen it yet.

I also don't think scum Sloonei would respond the way he has to his reads (like #94 and #100. Scum Sloonei is more methodical in the way he responds to questioning of his reads, town Sloonei just sort of slaps away at stuff like that like he did here. I don't think we'd see a little bit of fire breathing from him either in this event; as scum my interpretation is that he'd give more thoughtful consideration to counter-points.

I feel like his ISO just has elements of his town game in spades so far here, even if many of them are more subtle. Of course, I'm open to re-evaluation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:04 pm post #3 btw

Sorry yeah I kind of missed that
It's just that lynching sig is old hat
And I don't see any reason to jump on him early
I thought people doing so were unreasonable surely
My philosophy has changed there. If sig is going to be a pivotal lynch in the game of concern, and if he is going to be incredibly difficult to assess and/or work with, then I don't see why we should feel the need to sidestep around him. I'm willing to lynch him Day 1 in every game we play if he doesn't budge even a little. That's all I'm personally asking for, I can't speak for others.

I have to head out for a while now, lots of work to do. Be back when I can.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't feel like sig is a pivotal lynch
Nor do I feel he will be"incredibly difficult to assess and/or work with"
The day is young and we don't need to clench
The poll or our buttholes to answer this myth
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm What? Huh? What are you talking about? Point to the things that you are talking about and explain why you don't like them.
Alright.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Day 0 begins now and will last 24 hours. Each player may post a maximum of 25 times during Day 0. All Jiggy pursuits, night actions, and voting will not take place until Day 1 and onward. You may begin posting.
y'all wasting moments with each rhyme. all that effort in vain for no benefit.
It's useful wisdom but I felt the tone here was a little mean.
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 am In post number three
I will [VOTE: MP] aubergine
This ain't the dog pee
I think I'd see
You said this elsewhere
Recently. Tell me if you care
How it worked out for you then,
And you really want to pursue that again.
Bashing nutella for a recent mislynch in another game.
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:26 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 pm 3. Epignosis is town, but so is MP. Let’s not lynch either of them.
I warn you against making reads such as this. I swear in god's name you did the same in a recent game and it ended up the drizzling shits.
7. I don’t give a drizzling shit about being right at this stage. I have an immediate reaction to reads that have been put forth.

Epi out forth a read on MP and I believe his intentions were pure. MP looks like MP.
This one too.

Eh I'm not gonna be the purity guy, I am mean to people all the time too, this just gave me a feeling of scummy tone so I decided to poke it to see what happens.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:05 pm Image

Post count ceilings for Day 1:

26 - Dragon D. Luffy
28 - dunya
34 - Epignosis
26 - G-Man
29 - M Plus 7
28 - MacDougall
30 - NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
30 - nutella
29 - Russtifinko
28 - sig
31 - Sloonei
26 - speedchuck
29 - TonyStarkPrime
28 - Turnip Head

Jiggy pursuits are now underway, and your 4-liners actually count.
I believe it is that I have greatly misunderstood the nature of Day 0. I was under the impression that Day 0 gave us 25 posts and that Day 1 gave us 25 new posts. Doing the math here implies that wasn't the case. Mac's accusation against me (that I'm burning through posts when I only made two Day 1 posts) implies that he was under (what I assume to be) the correct interpretation.

I would think that someone would be kind enough to use one of his or her posts to inform me of my faulty thinking vis-à-vis my accusation of M Plus 7. This correction never came from anybody (TH and nutella even joined me). However. maybe it also is that others were making the same incorrect assumption.

-Other Thoughts-

The enlarged either means that Russ is believing the same thing I was regarding Day 0, or he's being willfully ignorant here. I lean the former.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am You’re talking wack, son

My vote is the best one

(8)
The same thing applies here. At this point, Nanook had eight posts, which would mean "20+ posts left" isn't true. If counting started at Day 0, Nanook has 12 left (he currently has 13 posts).

dunya commented, but her response was independent of my accusing MP about the post count restriction.
Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:44 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 ami feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts so i would vote epi out before mp.
You might know this already, but Epi is literally an English teacher irl. So I would kind of expect him to sounds like that as a default. I get that you think it weaken's his case on MP, but it doesn't necessarily make me read Epi as bad. Especially with schools being out, he's gotta find an outlet. :p
"I would vote Epi out before MP" is a strange conclusion to "i feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts."

I do not agree that my treatment of MP was pedantic in the least (which is what the description implies). The meat of my accusation against MP was him complaining about posts and not doing anything about acquiring more posts. Then I realized I read everything about Day 0 the wrong way and it would appear I wasn't alone.

The problem I have here is the implication that "Epi vs MP" is something that needs to be "solved" as it were. Phrasing like this paves the road for "Well, Epi is dead. He was a civilian. We need to assess MP more strongly now."

That post reeks to me. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine

Anyway, this revelation on my end makes MP's reaction (one of bafflement) sensible. It doesn't tell me anything about his alignment on its own, but it at least makes sense.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

It’s good you teach words
Cause your math is bad
I’m shoehorning in the word swords
And that makes me sad
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:03 pm oh cool, town mp is on my team. that's a relief.

You felt like that because there wasn't anything of substance. It was an apology with a promise to be with us later. Anybody can see that. You're trying to spin a fact into an opinion. :suspish:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:25 pm

You felt like that because there wasn't anything of substance. It was an apology with a promise to be with us later. Anybody can see that. You're trying to spin a fact into an opinion. :suspish:
no, i literally said that the time it took him to come up with that he could have offered an opinion on even 1 person. those were like 10 lines of thought-out rhymes, im not buying he couldn't have chipped in somewhere. if you don't like that conclusion, then idc. :nicenod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

yes, i know, but it felt to me like strawman arguments. i mean really, MP isn't allowed to complain about "keeping track of post count" because he's an accounting professor???? :suspish: nah.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm I do not agree that my treatment of MP was pedantic in the least (which is what the description implies). The meat of my accusation against MP was him complaining about posts and not doing anything about acquiring more posts. Then I realized I read everything about Day 0 the wrong way and it would appear I wasn't alone.
i hate this. you're trying to downplay the lack of basis for your case by saying "but everyone else thought the same, so i'm not odd, i'm not different, i'm just like the rest of you" bad.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pmThe problem I have here is the implication that "Epi vs MP" is something that needs to be "solved" as it were. Phrasing like this paves the road for "Well, Epi is dead. He was a civilian. We need to assess MP more strongly now."
no, i've literally given MP a town read, so try to set another narrative for me please.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:01 pm Alright.
i don't see the menace in his posts or "mean" tone you seem to, but i'm curious where sloonei's meta of being mean when he's scum came up? if anything, my experience with him is the opposite. any examples come to mind immediately? you don't have to link me to anything, just curious.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pmThe problem I have here is the implication that "Epi vs MP" is something that needs to be "solved" as it were. Phrasing like this paves the road for "Well, Epi is dead. He was a civilian. We need to assess MP more strongly now."
no, i've literally given MP a town read, so try to set another narrative for me please.
also to clarify, when i read the thread i quoted posts as i went along and replied to them then pasted them all in one post and hit submit. at the time i was reading everyone was voting for MP after epi's case, hence my "i'd sooner vote epi than mp". it wasn't meant as "mp is bad but less bad than epi".
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epi what on earth are you talking about
We do have 25 posts for Day 1
Jay was posting what that would spit out
On the list of totaled post counts when we're done
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 20

Post by sig »

Waaa waaa waaa sig is being mean for accusing me like he did last game which seeing how it's going on you shouldnt be mentioning anything about it.

Also lol it's preemptive for sig to stay something about being mislynched when he was literally just mislynched day okay sloonie. :rolleyes:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm I do not agree that my treatment of MP was pedantic in the least (which is what the description implies). The meat of my accusation against MP was him complaining about posts and not doing anything about acquiring more posts. Then I realized I read everything about Day 0 the wrong way and it would appear I wasn't alone.
i hate this. you're trying to downplay the lack of basis for your case by saying "but everyone else thought the same, so i'm not odd, i'm not different, i'm just like the rest of you" bad.
I am not downplaying the lack of basis for my case.

I am saying "I no longer have a case."

But apparently some motherfuckers acted like I did. What's your take on them since you "literally" called MP a civilian? :grin:
That's what this was?
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm MP7 reads

Strong town:
Sloonei
Mac

Moderate town:
Russ

Slight town:
Epi
Nanook
dunya
Turnip

POE:
Tony
speed
nutella
sig
DDL
G-Man

Very well. What is the basis of it?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dunya is clearing mp way to quickly
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:00 am
sig wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm If yall are dumb enough to lynch me again go for it. :shrug:

[VOTE: mac] aubergine
How does lynching you make us dumb? Are we meant to magically know you're town?
Must be knew around here?

Maybe get some reasoning besides oh he made a joke about getting lynched and poked mp who apperently cant handle that. :shrug2:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:05 pm Epi what on earth are you talking about
We do have 25 posts for Day 1
Jay was posting what that would spit out
On the list of totaled post counts when we're done
What's your opinion on dunya?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya seems her typical self
but she's not firmly on my town shelf
because I know she can be wily scum
but she's not under my voting thumb
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 pm dunya seems her typical self
dunya has 11 posts and Day 1 is halfway over.

I do not understand how you can say she seems like she's "dunya as usual."

This is a shit take.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:34 pm
dunya has 11 posts and Day 1 is halfway over.

I do not understand how you can say she seems like she's "dunya as usual."

This is a shit take.

what? Why not? She's criticizing things
in her typical dunya way of questionings.
I don't see what you're seeing at all
But your viewpoint is not my call
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

26 - Dragon D. Luffy
28 - dunya
34 - Epignosis
26 - G-Man
29 - M Plus 7
28 - MacDougall
30 - nutella
29 - Russtifinko
28 - sig
31 - Sloonei
26 - speedchuck
29 - TonyStarkPrime
28 - Turnip Head

I am an idiot - should have realized this way sooner. It looks like however many posts we made on D0 got added to our D1 totals. So for example, I posted 4 times on D0 so got 25+4 to work with today. Epi posted 9 times D0, so gets 25+9 today.

This makes my point from earlier even more relevant - "wasting" posts on D0 is actually a good thing and not just neutral, but wasting posts D1 is still bad. I don't mean that in an alignment sense, necessarily - I mean it just gives you more/less agency in the game.

For now I'm satisifed with Sloonei's response to my question about his sig vote. I can see a world where it's a baddie backing off an early push, so will keep an eye there, but downgrading my read from "super bad" to "mildly bad".
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:34 pm

-Other Thoughts-

I don't entirely understand why you think it's a bad look for Sloonei -- is it because you disagree with it?

What makes you feel like Epi is genuinely scumhunting there? I don't disagree even, but what about it indicates to you that he's trying to assess my alignment?

How is the Omerta thing a decent point exactly? I hardly remember what actually happened in that game, except for I was scum. Then, thinking on it, I thought I recalled us not having a hard time in that game, but other than that my memory is pretty fuzzy about it. Regardless, why would that be a point towards my alignment here? That's what I think I don't understand.
My read on Sloonei wasn't just because I disagreed with the sig case, it was the way he presented it - made a case, placed a vote to get things going, then jumped off when 2 people joined. It seemed waffly and I could imagine a baddie thought process of "I'll subtly start a sig lynch here....wait it gained steam too fast....I don't wanna get revenge lynched D2, better distance."

However, like I said, Sloonei's explanation of a civ poking and being scared off by the momentum made sense to me, so downgraded to mildly bad.

As for Epi, this reads like classic civ Epi to me - he's playing super aggressive, making big cases on D1 when there's relatively little to go on, and playing with confidence. I guess the fact that I didn't fully agree with his case made me feel better about him, weirdly, because I'm used to him having more aggressive/confident reads than me from past games.

As far as Omerta, how long ago was it? To me, the point is more salient if the game happened very recently. If it was like 2 years ago I consider it basically worthless. If you should reasonably be expected to remember the results of the game and don't, it could mean you were lying, which would lend credence to you being bad here if you were bad there and expressed a similar sentiment. Overall, I'm not convinced you're bad by this case either way, but the Omerta thing is the only way I could see myself agreeing with it even partially.

Epi, for the record, I don't think you were being pedantic with MP. I was addressing dunya where she seemed to be in reading it and didn't clearly say that didn't match my read. Sorry.

Speaking of wasting posts, dunya just posted 5 times in a row - maybe combine those all into one? :eye: Also, I agree with this:
sig wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 pm Dunya is clearing mp way to quickly
To state this even more strongly - dunya's 5th post of the game started with "oh cool, town mp is on my team. that's a relief." I have a slight town read on MP right now, but it's D1 and you're willing to 100% clear him? I remember MP's meta being that he's slightly more likely to read people as town if they read him as town, and given that he was already gettign some cred from Sloonei eariler, it seems like dunya may be trying to get in his good graces here. Dunya, maybe explain a little better why you think MP is bona fide 100% civvie?
dunya, can you clarify more why you "hate" Epi's interpretation of the D0-D1 post count rules? It sounds like a vast proportion of the players misunderstood them, and when he realized he had, he immediately backed off and said it blew up his case. I could see this being more of "attack anyone who attacks MP to get in his good graces" like what I mentioned above.
Does anyone have some berries and whipped cream I can put on this waffle? :eye:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 pm Waaa waaa waaa sig is being mean for accusing me like he did last game which seeing how it's going on you shouldnt be mentioning anything about it.

Also lol it's preemptive for sig to stay something about being mislynched when he was literally just mislynched day okay sloonie. :rolleyes:

I literally can't. Holy shit, wow. I have nothing nice to say, so I'm ignoring you now. Enjoy playing by yourself.

I'll respond to other quotes in a long post, just I can't even.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm

26 - Dragon D. Luffy
28 - dunya
34 - Epignosis
26 - G-Man
29 - M Plus 7
28 - MacDougall
30 - nutella
29 - Russtifinko
28 - sig
31 - Sloonei
26 - speedchuck
29 - TonyStarkPrime
28 - Turnip Head

I believe it is that I have greatly misunderstood the nature of Day 0. I was under the impression that Day 0 gave us 25 posts and that Day 1 gave us 25 new posts. Doing the math here implies that wasn't the case. Mac's accusation against me (that I'm burning through posts when I only made two Day 1 posts) implies that he was under (what I assume to be) the correct interpretation.

I would think that someone would be kind enough to use one of his or her posts to inform me of my faulty thinking vis-à-vis my accusation of M Plus 7. This correction never came from anybody (TH and nutella even joined me). However. maybe it also is that others were making the same incorrect assumption.

-Other Thoughts-

The enlarged either means that Russ is believing the same thing I was regarding Day 0, or he's being willfully ignorant here. I lean the former.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am You’re talking wack, son

My vote is the best one

(8)
The same thing applies here. At this point, Nanook had eight posts, which would mean "20+ posts left" isn't true. If counting started at Day 0, Nanook has 12 left (he currently has 13 posts).

dunya commented, but her response was independent of my accusing MP about the post count restriction.
"I would vote Epi out before MP" is a strange conclusion to "i feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts."

I do not agree that my treatment of MP was pedantic in the least (which is what the description implies). The meat of my accusation against MP was him complaining about posts and not doing anything about acquiring more posts. Then I realized I read everything about Day 0 the wrong way and it would appear I wasn't alone.

The problem I have here is the implication that "Epi vs MP" is something that needs to be "solved" as it were. Phrasing like this paves the road for "Well, Epi is dead. He was a civilian. We need to assess MP more strongly now."

That post reeks to me. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine

Anyway, this revelation on my end makes MP's reaction (one of bafflement) sensible. It doesn't tell me anything about his alignment on its own, but it at least makes sense.

Ohh, that makes a lot more sense now, Epi, so thank you. See, I assumed from the get-go that we had 25 on Day 0, then it reset to a separate 25 (or, in this case Jay's updated things) on Day 1, and so I was posting considering that fact.

Also, [mention]Russtifinko[/mention], I won't quote your long post, but Omerta was years ago, I couldn't even remember so I just checked -- May-June 2015.

As for my thoughts on dunya, the jury's out I think, and I'm going to have to wait and see more. It's within her modus operandi to make strong reads on Day 1. I'd still put her at slight town for whatever my opinion of her is worth.

As for whether people post in giant posts or multiple times in a row, I'm not sure anyone would think that doing the latter is a scum strategy? But perhaps I'm wrong there.

Return to “Previous Rackets”