The evil space monkeys! (Hosts/Dead)
71%

Total votes: 14
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by fingersplints »

I still suspect Black Rock a lot, but it's hard to have any new reason to when she is all sick and not around posting.
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

fingersplints wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Imo we should estabilish a G-Man thereshold.

If you are posting less than G-Man, then your activity is not acceptable.

(just kidding, I know real life happens)
I think it's harder to post as we have. While Gman has to find pictures; A lot are repeat. If he is bad he doesn't have to really push for lynches, and he isn't under much scrutiny.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i'll look into fingersplints next.
fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Anyway, I am leaning civ on Epi, Golden, MM, Splints, and Jimmy. I am not sure about San, Sloo, DDL, MP, and BR.
BR's defense of MP definitely caught my eye. Especially in a one mafia set up. If she was bad, I mean he could be a indy but she would know he was more likely to be good.
i highlight this post only because of a sideboard point. i don't think it's suspicious or innocuous on its own power. but the tonality of fingersplints's attack on BR does give me one distinct feeling -- that it's not bussing. this doesn't have the appearance to me of a point that a mafioso usually makes against a team mate on Day 1, mostly because of its specificity. so if one of BR and fingersplints is mafia, i am inclined to think the other one is not right now. this feels like a pretty arbitrary insight from me though, so if anyone disagrees i encourage you to say so.
fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
other than the separated sentence at the bottom about BR, this might be the most waffly post in the thread. so that's not the best thing. fingersplints speaks at length here about MP but only barely seems to actually assert something (the vaguest degree of suspicion, but still "torn"). she waffles the most about Epignosis in this post, regarding his RL time-based attack on MP. i have no idea whether she would conclude his points were well-placed or not. the bit about Golden and TH is also very much on-the-fence and i am not sure why it's even there.

this will probably be her most suspicious post. if it isn't, then my read will likely be a negative one.
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
ALARM BELLS.

You are my new suspect.

Will elaborate fully when I don't have only like 2 minutes away from class.
" no u"

Lol alright MP
not a fan of this "no u" deflection. MP said he was going to explain himself, and given his activity level in this game it was clear he'd follow through on that pledge. but instead of waiting to hear the reasoning, or even asking for it, splints just shrugs it off. very dismissive.
fingersplints wrote:The other thing that bothered me about MP was his line about TinyBubbles setting off "ALARM BELLS OF RAGE" for wanting to randomize despite that a lot has happened. Not that much has happened tbh. Some of these long posts are long for the sake of being long tbh
Why is it that crazy for a new person to want to randomize that it would make you rage? That bit seemed weird and forced

Linki - I gotta reread them one at a time. Those guys were mashing together for me a bit there. I don't do well with walls of text :p I'm not surprised by their reads although I don't agree seem to agree with most of them.
"not much has happened" in apparently the largest side mission game in recent memory (by Day 2)? granted this post was made in Day 1, but the game was moving quite fast then and a ton of content was in place. so i definitely don't agree with that assessment.
fingersplints wrote:I'll comment to the rest of MPs post later but I'm voting him now.
this feigned indignition has become pretty standard for MP. I can't give him a free pass again for this
splints's MP vote didn't prove to be very important in the final tally, but i won't call it inconsequential as i did Roxy's vote. this came at a time when the tally was still swingable to multiple players including MP. i would question the "I can't give him a free pass for this again" bit though. if MP's behavior is an alignment-independent thing, then why should it warrant a vote? shouldn't that amount to a null read?
fingersplints wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Maybe I am a little bit clouded by my last experience with a civvie Elo in Roger Rabbit.
have you noticed similarities between the Elo of this game and the Elo of that game?
Yes. I feel like it is more similar to her most recent baddie game I can remember.
Also, I feel like I have suspected Elo a lot for bandwagoning. So while her vote is weird I am not sure that it is that weird for Elo. And I am a bit wary that no one so many people seem to be ok with lynching her.

linki @ Sloonei - Bass is Roxy's son, and that is why I asked her opinion of him earlier. She can read him very well, so if she says he is alright I believe it for now.
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Splints, can you explain what it is you see that's similar about Elo's game here to her civ game in RR? I'm not seeing it, but it's possible you're catching something that I'm not.

I've explained away so many players' behavior in past games due to meta. I'm sticking to my guns here, even in spite of Elo's meta (since I think this is baddie Elo), since I've already cast my vote, but I'm hoping you can illuminate this matter nonetheless.
The major difference is that I had btsc with her in RR for a period or so, but it was an eventful period. And it was during then she learned she had been majorly played by almost everyone else she had btsc with. I feel like her tone now matches that more. It's more reactive and emotionally charged. When she was bad in Zelda I found her to be more dismissive about accusations, and when she was getting lynched I don't remember her getting like this.
these posts i rather like at the moment. Elo opened the phase as the odds-on favorite to be lynched, and this vocal resistance to that is a significant perspective to adopt i think. it's not worth a ton of bonus points, but i like it. if Elo ends up lynched and flips mafia i may feel differently.

overall i don't think this makes me feel very strongly about splints either way. there are things i like and things i don't like. i'll leave her to respond however she may and help me determine my lean.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I'm trying. :P

Jay, I want to play the game now.
who's here?!

G-Man, you count too. all you'll need is a thumb-up and thumb-down picture to play.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

if you're here say aye! and we can do this thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Aye!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Aye.

Just say already what it is about. I'm getting sleepy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Aye.

Dragon D. Sleepy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We better get at least 3 more people.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Aye.

i can't say what it is until i know i have participants. that could influence the outcome. need more than 2 for it to be worth anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hey MP, since you already know what i mean to do... if we don't get enough people tonight, you can still do it sometime when the game is more active. i am stuck in a time zone where the game is often dead when i am awake so, yanno

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:hey MP, since you already know what i mean to do... if we don't get enough people tonight, you can still do it sometime when the game is more active. i am stuck in a time zone where the game is often dead when i am awake so, yanno
Ooooh, good point. Will do.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Aye'm here.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-man? splints? BWT11? show me a sign

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

don't be afraid, baddies. this game is for everyone. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:don't be afraid, baddies. this game is for everyone. :nicenod:
:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Where's my ISO Jay
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Where are you rainbow reads MP
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Where's my ISO Jay
see you next May

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Where are you rainbow reads MP

Touche.

I'll get them before I go to bed, for sure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Where's my ISO Jay
see you next May
Bon voyage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bummer. i think we're going to fall short of the requisite number of people.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:bummer. i think we're going to fall short of the requisite number of people.
Dang!

Hopefully we'll find a better time.

What do people do on a Saturday night that's better than mafia anyway?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i like to think other players are engaged at lively social gatherings. and if i was close enough, i could barge in drenched in sweat with a bottle of jack in hand and an index finger of suspicion pointing straight at them

STOP THE MUSIC. EVERYONE LISTEN. THERE'S A BADDIE IN THIS PARTY AND I HAVE PROOF.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i like to think other players are engaged at lively social gatherings. and if i was close enough, i could barge in drenched in sweat with a bottle of jack in hand and an index finger of suspicion pointing straight at them

STOP THE MUSIC. EVERYONE LISTEN. THERE'S A BADDIE IN THIS PARTY AND I HAVE PROOF.

Post of the game right here. :clap:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I see going to play heroes of the storm instead of staying here waiting for whatever was a wise decision.

Brb gonna play more hots.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

er yeah if anyone is still waiting for that, stop waiting. it won't happen tonight.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm just waiting for my ISO now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm just waiting for my ISO now.
tomorrow. ;)

i'm not doing anymore tonight. it's 3:30am and i'm sleepy. unless something happens soon i'll be :offtobed:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol, I'm just giving you a hard time.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i am going to ISO you. i ain't afraid of 300 posts. my personal best is 525. :PP

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i am going to ISO you. i ain't afraid of 300 posts. my personal best is 525. :PP
Personal best for most posts?

In that case, mine is 858. :P

Dr. Who Mafia, where I was a recruited Doctor. :slick: :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

About half my posts today (exaggeration) should have probably been in OT green, sorry skimmers.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »